Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: DEATH BATTLE - Season 8: Settling the debate once and for all?

The character owned by the same company who owns Machinima won... Who could have foreseen it...
    Homebrew Stuff:

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hungrycrow View Post
    Po is certainly stronger than a regular panda. He belly-slammed Tai Lung into the sky, and is durable enough to take similar hits. That said he isn't city-destroyer level, which it sounds like Iron Fist can surpass with his max feats.

Can Iron Fist interact with the spirit realm at all? Po can send people there, so it will probably come up in the fight.
    IIRC he's able to punch ghosts in Breathless, but I don't remember exactly.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hrm. The Spirit Realm thing is a good question- John Aman, the Prince of Orphans and the eldest of the Immortal Weapons (of whom Iron Fist is one) states fairly bluntly that Iron Fist would be largely helpless against a legion of ghosts (which were stated to be in the spirit realm, I think) that the two of them had to stop (so Danny ended up having to fight an airliner-sized giant dragon instead ), and he'd be in a position to know (that was in one of the Immortal Iron Fist TPBs).

In terms of feats, the two most extreme that I'm aware of involved the Iron Fist using chi-enhanced speed and strikes to inflate a kinetic-energy-absorbing-roughly-humanoid monster to the size of a small skyscraper, and then slice the thing's foot clean off with a knife-hand strike (while stating that he was cutting its achilles tendon, which I guess he technically was, but that's still kind of underselling things, Danny) and punching one of SHIELD's big Helicarriers out of the sky with one shot (both of these, it should be noted, were done without the white-and-gold power boost, as far as I know). He's knocking down buildings on the regular (in fact, his introduction to Luke Cage was punching Luke through a building that promptly fell down on top of him), and catching bullets, both (sniper?) rifle rounds and full-auto spray, without any sign of exertion.

Oddly, one of Iron Fist's rarely-used and lesser known powers may end up taking this for him if Death Battle decides to go that way- while he could probably straight overpower Po, he's got a hypno-fist ability that he could bust out, and Po, as far as I can recall, has never shown the slightest resistance to mind control or anything like that.

4. - Top - End - #304

ElfPirate

Po does have that instakill finger technique, but that would probably require him to be roughly on the same speed level as Iron Fist. Po can catch cannon shot, but Iron Fist can apparently catch a bullet fired at point blank range. That's a very large but maybe not insurmountable difference in speed; if Po is durable enough to tank hits for a while he might be able to take this.

My money is on Iron Fist, though, barring Spirit World shenanigans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by OgresAreCute View Post
    Realism, the natural predator of D&D mechanics.

5. - Top - End - #305

BlackDragon

Wait, isnít Po flat out immortal if heís not killed in the spirit world?