New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: DEATH BATTLE - Season 8: Settling the debate once and for all?

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    He has blood though. Dio should be able to drink that.

Well maybe. Alucard can control his blood, so can Dio drink it harder than Alucard can move it?
    The thing is, I see where he is coming from, alucards body isnt real flesh and blood. thats why he can stand there and be riddled with bullets and cut apart and it doesnt matter. His clothes dont even retain damage, because none of it is real physical matter, just a really good imitation of it. Im starting to change my view, maybe dio cant drink his river of blood. Alucard still cant do anything to dio with it, he isnt powerful enough to bury dio in it and keep him there long enough to accomplish something. This is just a mismatch like flash versus quicksilver. You might as well put Succulent from Overlord up against Aizen from Bleach because both use swords and illusions to fight. For those who dont know Overlord, Succulent would die hilariously fast to aizen even putting any shinigami invisible soul form arguments aside.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #752

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    So now you are saying Alucard literally doesn't bleed, despite the gallons of blood that go flying around when he gets hit by attacks?
    1: I thought you were referring to the "ocean of blood."

2:.... Technically no. As Deathbattles admits in the video, Alcuard only appears to be made of flesh and blood. He's made of "a shadowy ethereal substance." The blood that spills out of him when he gets short or torn to pieces isn't real blood.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hungrycrow View Post
    Dio uses the World multiple times in succession when Polnareff is trying to ascend some stairs, so the cooldown is only a few seconds at most. The cooldown can't be instant, because Dio wouldn't be so obsessed with achieving a longer time stop if that were the case. Unfortunately I don't think Araki ever gave a specific answer though.
    It definitely has a cooldown. It's a few seconds for Star Platinum: The World, might be shorter for The World, but there definitely is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    The thing is, I see where he is coming from, alucards body isnt real flesh and blood. thats why he can stand there and be riddled with bullets and cut apart and it doesnt matter. His clothes dont even retain damage, because none of it is real physical matter, just a really good imitation of it. Im starting to change my view, maybe dio cant drink his river of blood. Alucard still cant do anything to dio with it, he isnt powerful enough to bury dio in it and keep him there long enough to accomplish something. This is just a mismatch like flash versus quicksilver. You might as well put Succulent from Overlord up against Aizen from Bleach because both use swords and illusions to fight. For those who dont know Overlord, Succulent would die hilariously fast to aizen even putting any shinigami invisible soul form arguments aside.
    And I still think it's a mismatched fight the other way. It literally takes DB handing Alucard the idiot ball and making him go Level 0 out of some misconception that it's a power up (it's not) that he would use against a single person (he wouldn't) for Dio to win here.

Short of him going L0 for literally no reason, this becomes a war of attrition...and Alucard has more resources.

Obviously that doesn't make for a very visually interesting fight, Alucard tanking hits from Dio by night and stalking him to try and flush him from cover during the day for somewhere between 2 days and a week, but it's how this fight would go, and that kinda fight favors Alucard.

Dio stays dead when he's killed, even though the bar for killing him is much higher.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    And I still think it's a mismatched fight the other way. It literally takes DB handing Alucard the idiot ball and making him go Level 0 out of some misconception that it's a power up (it's not) that he would use against a single person (he wouldn't) for Dio to win here.

Short of him going L0 for literally no reason, this becomes a war of attrition...and Alucard has more resources.

Obviously that doesn't make for a very visually interesting fight, Alucard tanking hits from Dio by night and stalking him to try and flush him from cover during the day for somewhere between 2 days and a week, but it's how this fight would go, and that kinda fight favors Alucard.

Dio stays dead when he's killed, even though the bar for killing him is much higher.
    I'm not sure about Dio outrunning the sun, but between ZA WARUDO and stand-enhanced jumping he can definitely outrun Alucard. If Dio is also playing it smart, he can get far enough that Alucard can't just find him before sundown. Even with level 0 he can't scour all of England in one day.
    If the war of attrition is fought conventionally, Dio is so much faster and stronger that Alucard couldn't win with 3 million chances, or even 7 billion chances. Maybe he could win with access to nukes or something, but I feel like that's going a bit outside the bounds of a death battle.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure about Dio outrunning the sun, but between ZA WARUDO and stand-enhanced jumping he can definitely outrun Alucard. If Dio is also playing it smart, he can get far enough that Alucard can't just find him before sundown. Even with level 0 he can't scour all of England in one day.
    If the war of attrition is fought conventionally, Dio is so much faster and stronger that Alucard couldn't win with 3 million chances, or even 7 billion chances. Maybe he could win with access to nukes or something, but I feel like that's going a bit outside the bounds of a death battle.
    As far as we can tell from the series, Dio is about as fast as a car. I don't feel this is appreciably faster than Alucard in terms of travel speed; it's his "combat speed" that is much faster, since The World is ridiculously swift.

I'd also say it's a mistake to assume Dio is "playing it smart". Dio is not very smart, and his pride wouldn't allow him to just flee the city (if he could even find a way to do so without being caught by the sun).

Remember, the only reason Dio lost to Jotaro is he specifically clashed The World's ALREADY INJURED leg against Star Platinum's fist. On purpose. Because to do otherwise would be to admit that someone else is his equal.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Banned

As far as we can tell from the series, Dio is about as fast as a car. I don't feel this is appreciably faster than Alucard in terms of travel speed; it's his "combat speed" that is much faster, since The World is ridiculously swift.

I'd also say it's a mistake to assume Dio is "playing it smart". Dio is not very smart, and his pride wouldn't allow him to just flee the city (if he could even find a way to do so without being caught by the sun).

Remember, the only reason Dio lost to Jotaro is he specifically clashed The World's ALREADY INJURED leg against Star Platinum's fist. On purpose. Because to do otherwise would be to admit that someone else is his equal.
    True. A big problem with these fights is that people tend to just look at the powers in a vacuum and not at the character's personality. Also, why is it acceptable for Dio to run away without it being considered a loss? If that's the case then there's lots of fights where we need to change the result since those characters tend to study their enemies and prep but were forced into blind fist fights.

7. - Top - End - #757

SwashbucklerGuy

Dio is supposed to be smart. He notices and immediately counters Joseph's hamon trap and is rather cautious during the first phase of his fight with Jotaro. He also manages to lure Jotaro to Joseph while suffering from brain damage. After he drains Joseph he does get drunk with power and start acting recklessly. I would think that Dio's tendency to get blinded by arrogance would get ignored by death battle rules the same way Alucard's death seeker tendencies get ignored.

If the fight has some sort of no retreating rule, Dio can still win by dragging the fight underground somewhere. Not much Alucard can do if Dio decides to just overpower him continuously for a week.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Dio is supposed to be smart. He notices and immediately counters Joseph's hamon trap and is rather cautious during the first phase of his fight with Jotaro. He also manages to lure Jotaro to Joseph while suffering from brain damage. After he drains Joseph he does get drunk with power and start acting recklessly. I would think that Dio's tendency to get blinded by arrogance would get ignored by death battle rules the same way Alucard's death seeker tendencies get ignored.

If the fight has some sort of no retreating rule, Dio can still win by dragging the fight underground somewhere. Not much Alucard can do if Dio decides to just overpower him continuously for a week.
    Well I brought this up earlier, but no one answered. How is Dio at resisting mind control and illusions? Because Alucard can do both.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

Dio is supposed to be smart.
    Perhaps better to say Dio is not very practical; you're right, he's at least intelligent enough to graduate law school. If he was, he could have easily hijacked the body of...anybody, rather than Jonathan and had his revenge at his leisure (or not at all, and bided his time until Jonathan died of old age).

Or ****...never become a vampire in the first place for that matter. He had absolutely no reason to kill George.

The man's pride has ALWAYS been his downfall.

And no, it wouldn't (or shouldn't) get ignored by DB. They've always said one of the "rules" (at least an informal one) is all characters retain personality traits save the removal of any unwillingness to kill.

Well I brought this up earlier, but no one answered. How is Dio at resisting mind control and illusions? Because Alucard can do both.
    He never encounters anyone with the ability, so who knows. Even if he had it wouldn't really denote anything, since Stand abilities tend to be a lot more ABSOLUTE than most fictional superpowers. A Stand with the power to hypnotize people in most other settings would theoretically bypass any resistance to such.

Dio may or may not have hypnotic powers of his own, but if he does (and it's not just that he's DISTRACTINGLY SEXY which also seems to be implied) they're pretty weak, as eg. Avdol manages to fairly easily break out of whatever slim hold he may have over the human psyche.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2021-10-30 at 10:18 PM.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

How is easy, he finds wherever Dio is hiding, and simply destroys the area until there is no cover to hide Dio from the sun. He doesn't actually have to fight Dio at all, and can even do that from a distance further than Dio can fight back.
    Someone pointed out digging before. Considering 「Star Platinum」 could punch through a material almost as hard as diamonds when fighting 「Priestess」, and both 「Star Platinum」 and 「The World」 are Power A, digging is just the perfect way to escape, also, because of the time stop and his stand's raw speed, if DIO were to just run away, he'd get away every time.

This also covers the need to shelter from the sun, and he isn't apparently hindered by running water, so he can just jump into the ocean, healing off fish and using The World whenever needed, although that wouldn't be a fight at all, just a weird chasing scene.

Best guesses are "Araki forgot" (always a safe guess), "it's a specific property of Star Platinum (and by extension The World)", or "they can't and never could".
    This is a misinterpretation of how the fight goes. They aren't flying, they're jumping through buildings using their stands, but in the animated version it looks like flying just to give enough time to do what anime does, lots of talking.

Edit over this point: HOWEVER, I'll admit that physics seem to be off when he is in "his world", so that's a thing. Sure it seems that he's flying when he goes all ROADO RORA DA, but is's just a really big jump. Which is a big point in favor of DIO himself being extremely powerful, as it's not like he's using his stand to carry the steamroller. (...) I just checked my copy of the volume and he is indeed carrying the thing by himself, huh. I was digressing over this point, but I guess it still adds to the conversation, as it was pointed somewhere I think that DIO wasn't that strong.

Then why is it only at 10 seconds? Does it reset each day when he stops fighting? He's had the power for years hasn't he?
    It's explicitly said in the manga that he started with a mere moment, then it escalated to 5 seconds, then up to 10 when he absorbed Joestar blood. It was his hypothesis that Jonathan's body was still rejecting him, hindering his abilities. Which is actually a point against him, as because of this, he didn't have all his vampiric abilities in DIO form.

DIO is pretty smart though. He's shown his strategic capabilities, also when he demonstrated his math prowess when in the ship. He was outsmarted by Jotaro, mostly because in Jojo, battles are more about how powers and strategies are used rather than raw use of the powers. I guess that's what makes the Joestar Bloodline so interesting in the first place.

Also, while it's not being used, his pursuit for power led him to obtain the tools to make the perfect ascension. He didn't make it, granted, but still was his diary. Also what Rynjin and hungrycrow said.

What leds him to be that reckless is, actually, his pride. Which he puts on a side when he was a head in a jar, but his ego grew with his obtention of 「The World」, so that's his weakness all over again.

IIRC, DIO has perfect control over his body's anatomy, which led him to the freezing thingy in the first place to counter hamon. It wouldn't be farfetched to assume he can do something about mind control, but illusions are something else, so he'd still be affected IMO. Regardless, either he gets to bypass it with full force (probably failing), or using 「The World」 to interact with everything, as Alucard can't actually percieve the stand. This is heavy assumption territory though, mind control is often used by DIO and not against him.
    Last edited by Yael; 2021-10-31 at 02:38 AM.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: The Winner is...
    Show
    Shao Kahn. WHY he won makes sense. Him being faster than the Raging Demon DOESN'T, cause its not a speed thing to begin with. Graphics looked good and of course there is stuff to nitpick but whatever.

Also.
    Spoiler: Next Time on Death Battle
    Show
    Storm vs Korra. I'm going to go ahead and say that this should be a straight stomp for Storm. I haven't seen what top end things Korra can do, but Storm flat out nukes planets and can hang with cosmic threats.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

I genuinely don't even remember who the other fighter was.

Re: Korra...aren't her endgame Feats lesser than ones from earlier in the series (circa season 2) because she ****s up her entire powerset? But I bowed out early season 3, which I found to be even more awful after the terrible second season.

And even those earlier Feats are kinda...not Omega mutant level.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

Dio isn't smart, he's lucky and charismatic. He gets found out, he gets stopped, and the only way he survives things is that he gets people to do things for him because they love and idolize him, and lucks into powerful stuff falling in his lap.

Dio's greatest power is " The Devil's Own Luck "

Dio is a villain with protagonist level luck.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

14. - Top - End - #764

So recently in the comics, Storm created an entire atmosphere on Mars out of thin air, supplanting its natural atmosphere, as part of a joint project by about 13 omega level mutants to terraform Mars for the sake of 1: An international power play, 2: an intergalactic power play, 3: Giving an entire country of warlike mutants from a couple of thousand years ago that they'd recently rescued from a Hell-Realm a place where they can be themselves without hurting anyone or struggling to fit in on modern Earth 4: Creating a buffer between the Earth and various alien threats becuase the Earth was invaded by aliens twice in as many months like, half a year before they did this.

The only reason she doesn't do stuff like that all the time, and usually only in small amounts when she does, is becuase unlike Thor, when he creates things out of Thin-Air, it's permanent: or creates a Rain Storm out of nothing, that water eventually goes away when it's not needed anymore. Storm does it, that permanently part of the water cycle a large amounts of it could **** up the weather planet-wide.

If she's in a situaiton where her moral qualms are removed and she's actively trying to kill someone... Yeah, she can just drop a hurricane on you out of nowhere.

Her primary limitation is that while she can control lightning and temperature, and conjure lightning, she can't control or conjure fire. Her ability to control water is limited to rain, snow, sleet, hail, fog, and the like. And while some alternate timeline versions of Ororo have been shown to have degree of controlling the Earth, the main timeline one has not.

On the other hand, she can use Lightning to temper ever since she fully ascended to Godhood which I don't think is something any in Avatar is demonstrated to do.

Korra's main advantage is the Avatar State: In the Avatar State, the Avatar gains the combined power and skill of every previous Avatar in addition to her own, which means that she not only does she scale to Aang but it can be reasonably be inferred that she can do anything that is possible with Bending that was not discovered in her lifetime or explicitly shown to be something she can't do, to a degree several times greater than anyone else has demonstrated. Except probably Bloodbending, because that was invented in Aang's lifetime and I don't think he ever learned it, so unless it was taught to Korra( honestly don't remember) she probably can't.

Assuming they take "peak Korra—" end game experience combined with pre-mercury poisoning health and let her have liberal use of the Avatar State, this might be a fair match.

On the other hand, Death Battle likes to cherry-pick from characters with long histories and multiple incarnations, so they could make Storm a lot weaker than she should be or else paste together feets from a dozen alternat timeline Storm's to make it "fair" in terms of element use.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Nope to the avatar thing. Korra explicitly LOST her past lives. Moving forward avatars are on their own; no more past avatars to mentor them, no more energy bending.

16. - Top - End - #766

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    Nope to the avatar thing. Korra explicitly LOST her past lives. Moving forward avatars are on their own; no more past avatars to mentor them, no more energy bending.
    1: That's meaningless for the sake of Death Battle they're not going to ignore part of a character's arsenal becuase they lost it in the last episode.

2: I'm pretty sure that she restarted the avatar Cycle by rejoining with the Light Spirit Even if her past lives are gone, she'll be there for the next Avatar and so on and so forth. And like, without the Light Spirit there is no Avatar so... Yeah.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Korra's main advantage is the Avatar State: In the Avatar State, the Avatar gains the combined power and skill of every previous Avatar in addition to her own, which means that she not only does she scale to Aang but it can be reasonably be inferred that she can do anything that is possible with Bending that was not discovered in her lifetime or explicitly shown to be something she can't do, to a degree several times greater than anyone else has demonstrated. Except probably Bloodbending, because that was invented in Aang's lifetime and I don't think he ever learned it, so unless it was taught to Korra( honestly don't remember) she probably can't.
    Korra (and Aang, so by extension the Avatar State gestalt entity) would at least be aware of Bloodbending, having had it directly applied to them multiple times and knowing generally how it works - it would not be much of a stretch to give the Avatar State that capability even if Korra herself cannot normally do it due to either lacking the personal power or having ethical concerns about it.

(What I would bet happens with it is Korra tries it, successfully paralyzes Storm, and then gets zotted with a lightning bolt or something because Storm's powers do not rely on freedom of motion like Bending does, so controlling her motion does nothing really relevant. Korra would have to go for one of the several fairly horrible ways you can just kill somebody by controlling their bodily fluids, and I doubt the fight is going to be 'Korra bloodbends Storm and Storm's heart explodes, the end.')

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yeah, even though I only know the basics of the next characters, I am leaning Storm simply because she's a classic Marvel comics character. No way she doesn't have a feat like controlling all the weather on the planet or similar lying around somewhere. And against Korra, who is an Avatar, well, those operate on a more local level.

19. - Top - End - #769

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    Yeah, even though I only know the basics of the next characters, I am leaning Storm simply because she's a classic Marvel comics character. No way she doesn't have a feat like controlling all the weather on the planet or similar lying around somewhere. And against Korra, who is an Avatar, well, those operate on a more local level.
    That's not even a "lying somewhere" thing. That's explicitly her power. Adaptions ten to tone her down, but she has planet-wide awareness and control over weather phenomena. How well she can control the weather outside of her immediately surrounding and how well she'd do if someone like Thor or Zeus tried to stop her are what's subjective.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

That's not even a "lying somewhere" thing. That's explicitly her power. Adaptions ten to tone her down, but she has planet-wide awareness and control over weather phenomena. How well she can control the weather outside of her immediately surrounding and how well she'd do if someone like Thor or Zeus tried to stop her are what's subjective.
    If I was to make that call, I'd say Storm can control all natural weather. But supernatural weather that already has an owner will not listen to her. So if Thor summons a supercell or a tornado, it's his weather. Storm can't move it unless he releases control of it.

But I don't know if that's how it all falls out in Marvel. It would mean that Korra's airbending will be online no matter what Storm does. The wind has some of Korra's spirit affecting it, so it's her wind. Storm gets everything else.

21. - Top - End - #771

Yeah im going with storm on this one myself. Even without already knowing about some of her feats, she is a top tier marvel character, not some c list street hero. Knowing some of her top feats? She is going to be way beyond anything the avatar can do.

As for this fight, that was funny, shao khan seemed to have so few high end feats to work with. He had like, two of them. One was his speed and durability from the planet sized elder god, the other being some VERY sketchy power feats based on a text description of one of his opponents doing something in a noncanon storyline and saying he has that power too. Which instantly brought mortal kombat into current dragonball levels of power creep.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

22. - Top - End - #772

But I don't know if that's how it all falls out in Marvel. It would mean that Korra's airbending will be online no matter what Storm does. The wind has some of Korra's spirit affecting it, so it's her wind. Storm gets everything else.
    Really? Becuase they made the opposite ruing with Toph versus Gaara, letting Toph take Gaara's personal supply of sand.

The Sand that was at least 50% blood rather than natural silicates, manipulated in part by diamagnetic fields, infused with Gaara's chakra—a mixture of his spirit and his life force—and possessed by the Ghost of his mother who uses it as a means of protecting him.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

If I was to make that call, I'd say Storm can control all natural weather. But supernatural weather that already has an owner will not listen to her. So if Thor summons a supercell or a tornado, it's his weather. Storm can't move it unless he releases control of it.

With Thor it's different, there is no such thing as Thor's lightning, or Thor's " storm " All thunderstorms are thor, he exists inside of every storm everywhere in the marvel universe. It's part of him being a god.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

24. - Top - End - #774

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    With Thor it's different, there is no such thing as Thor's lightning, or Thor's " storm " All thunderstorms are thor, he exists inside of every storm everywhere in the marvel universe. It's part of him being a god.
    This is shared with literally every Storm God though.

Which includes Storm: She'snotlying when she claims to be a Goddess. She has legitimate divine ancestry, is empowered by people praying to her or acknowledging her divinity, and became a full-fledged deity when she married Black Panther because the Panther Cult was syncretized with her tribal religion at that time and suddenly millions of people acknowledged her as a god.

Most of her powers are from being a mutant, but there's definitely a spark of divine magic in her.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #775

In fairness, All Korra would have to do to win is bring a plume of earth up and encapsulate Storm in it, pulling her down into the earth. Then let her crippling claustrophobia finish her off. If Korra tries to win based on air and water bending, she's hosed. If she uses earth she's got a solid chance.

Regardless, Storm will win.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

For the curious about why they picked Storm, one of the researchers had this to say:
    As soon as the episode goes live, post this at the top of the Korra VS Storm blog chat for me.

Imma just say it. Delsin would've been cool, I hope we can do that match someday, but personally, I am not going to entertain Korra VS Rey at the moment. Let's not kid ourselves, those conversations are very likely to quickly devolve into just ****ting on the sequel trilogy and LoK. Hell, previous Avatar and Star Wars episodes that don't even feature those parts of the franchises have. It's gotten to a point where there are people in the community who have legitimately argued that that's one of the main connections for the match. A lot of people have recently been bringing up the point that the show is supposed to celebrate the characters that we use. In my mind, that should extend to the community as well, so regardless of what we could write ourselves, I don't want to do an episode if it's going to invite that kind of a response.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

27. - Top - End - #777

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermoot View Post
    In fairness, All Korra would have to do to win is bring a plume of earth up and encapsulate Storm in it, pulling her down into the earth. Then let her crippling claustrophobia finish her off. If Korra tries to win based on air and water bending, she's hosed. If she uses earth she's got a solid chance.

Regardless, Storm will win.
    Storm canonically overcame her claustrophobia to the degree that it doesn't really affect her much anymore.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #778

Storm canonically overcame her claustrophobia to the degree that it doesn't really affect her much anymore.
    You really overuse that word. Wait two years and the next writer comes along and her claustrophobia is back and she can barely effect the weather in a city. You accuse Death Battle of "cherry picking" what they use out of a character's history, but you do the exact same thing. But whatever, I'm not going to engage with you about it. So all Korra needs to do is launch a plume of earth into the sky, encapsulate Storm and crush her to death. Same difference. Now we are down to who wins initiative.

Regardless, I pick Storm to win. But let's not pretend its as open and shut as we are.

I'm just eagerly awaiting the Sokka vs Captain Boomerang Battle.
    Last edited by Wintermoot; 2021-11-08 at 06:28 PM.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

I actually think Korea will win. Storm’s power is immense but it is spread out. She can create a hurricane, but as far as I know she can’t create a blade of wind or steal the air from someone’s lungs. It’s largescale attacks or nothing. Her most precise attack is a lightning bolt, but it is still a normal lightning bolt.

Korra has less power but can actually concentrate it.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

30. - Top - End - #780

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermoot View Post
    You really overuse that word. Wait two years and the next writer comes along and her claustrophobia is back and she can barely effect the weather in a city. You accuse Death Battle of "cherry picking" what they use out of a character's history, but you do the exact same thing. But whatever, I'm not going to engage with you about it. So all Korra needs to do is launch a plume of earth into the sky, encapsulate Storm and crush her to death. Same difference. Now we are down to who wins initiative.
    You are aware that there's a differance between selecting a single comic panel and ignoring that the text in the panel flat out contradicts their interpretation(what Deathbattle did when they claimed that Superman tanked a Supernova, as one of my go too examples of their cherry picking) and my pointing out that Storm's Claustrophobia hasn't been a meaningful hindrance to her for a long, long, long time in the comics.
    I actually think Korea will win. Storm’s power is immense but it is spread out. She can create a hurricane, but as far as I know she can’t create a blade of wind or steal the air from someone’s lungs. It’s largescale attacks or nothing. Her most precise attack is a lightning bolt, but it is still a normal lightning bolt.

Korra has less power but can actually concentrate it.
    Storm has also been known to create "personal storms" to cover herself becuase she didn't feel like wearing clothes at the moment.

And on a couple of occasions has frozen people solid with selectively targetted, hurricane-force arctic-temperature winds.

It is entirely within her power to focus her full might into precise attacks.

Edit: So I had a picture of the outfit Storm wore at the Hellfire Gala, which included an actual Storm Cloud complete with crackling lightning that she was wearing as a cape, but it also included a picture of Rachel Summers in the outfit... And her outfit was... highly sexualized and I decided better of it.

So just... Google "Storm Hellfire Gala" outfit if you want to see an example of the kind of precise control Storm can do.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-11-08 at 09:54 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks