New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: DEATH BATTLE - Season 8: Settling the debate once and for all?

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I think most lopsided goes to Thor vs Raiden.
    Mewtwo vs. Shadow is also up there, I think. That fight just suddenly ended with a victory for the psychic cat-thing.

As for surprising results that make sense, Raiden vs. Wolverine is a favorite of mine. Turns out Raiden had the one exact thing he needed to hurt Wolverine by Wolverine's own rules.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Welp, Shadow blurb is up.
    And I'm prety sure we haven't learned anything new other than "Shadow can use guns". Which is probably useless against his opponent this time.
    But that raises a question - can Ryuko land a hit on Shadow? Has she fought supersonic or near-lightspeed opponents before?
    How is her reaction time? Can she dodge lightning or lasers?
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

3. - Top - End - #213
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
    And I'm prety sure we haven't learned anything new other than "Shadow can use guns". Which is probably useless against his opponent this time.
    But that raises a question - can Ryuko land a hit on Shadow? Has she fought supersonic or near-lightspeed opponents before?
    She doesn't need to dodge lightning or lasers. She's demonstrated that she can casually block and deflect energy attacks with her bare hands.

Shadow has surprisingly little stamina by Speedster standards. That's not a problem for Ryuko unless DB ignores that overcoming her shame at exposing so much skin removed Senketsu's need to constantly drain her blood to maintain a transformed shape(the shame led to subconsciously rejecting hi which led to him not being able to bond properly. Once that stopped being an issue a small taste of blood for the initial change is all he needs to go indefinitely.)

If all of Shadow and Ryuko's feats are judged fairly, what's gonna happen is there's gonna be an extended sequence of Shadow going on the offensive but not actually being able to hurt Ryuko while being able to avoid most of Ryuko's attacks—probably Ryuko getting in one or two minor hits by catching Shadow by surprise with Senketsu's ability to transform and develop new powers.

If Deathbattles decides to interpret Senketsu's comment about Kamui being able to do anything toer Life Fibers can in conjunction with Junketsu automatically copying Senketsu's powers after absorbing some fibers donated from Senketsu, Ryuko and Senketsu absorbing Nui's arms, and Senketsu's spontaneous development of new powers then it's plausible that their might be a sequence of Shadow trying to Chaos Control Ryuko to somewhere dangerous only fo Ryuko to immediately teleport back by aping Nui's space manipulation abilities(which include teleportation.)

The Battle will probably end with Shadow becoming Super Shadow in the hopes of overcoming Ryuko's defensive abilities only for Ryuko to counter with Senketsu Kisaragi and her own unnamed Super-Saiyan like form that comes with it, and shadow will run out of stamina before Ryuko does and get taken out with one of Ryuko's finishers.

If Deathbattles Scales Ryuko and Senketsu to Nui, Ragyo, Junketsu, Shinra-Kōketsu, and the Ultimate Life Fiber... Which logically they should since Ryuko is explicitly a superior Hybrid to Nui and Ragyo and Ryuko and Senketsu explicitly gained the powers of Shinra-Kōketsu after absorbing it and Shinra-Kōketsu had already absorbed Nui and the Primordial Life Fiber, but Death battles and Logic don't always mix, then Ryuko might be able to defeat Shadow during the Super Fight instead of afterward due to demonstrating "Final Boss" level abilities.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Super sonic, I think so. Lightspeed, no. Those are two vastly different speeds.

In general though, Ryuko rarely even bothers to dodge. She mostly just tanks whatever an opponent throws at her.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe it's just because that's the subject of discussion here, but the thing that caught my notice was them saying that Shadow has a sword. I got the feeling that their argument is going to be "The sword is a good enough edged weapon to sever her Life Fibers, and since he'll be cutting in stopped time that supplies the requirement that the cuts be simultaneous."
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It has come to my attention that Shadow has a distinct advantage in the coming fight. All of this about you needing to hurt Ryuko in very specific ways that Shadow cannot possibly know in advance?

Yeah, about that, and I quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Hedgehog
    First, Anime is a highly respected form of art. It was not a mistake! Second, I like the one with the edgy girl and the scissor blades.
    Shadow watches Kill la Kill. He knows. It would hilarious if he goes full on fanboy... fanhog... at her in the battle.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    It has come to my attention that Shadow has a distinct advantage in the coming fight. All of this about you needing to hurt Ryuko in very specific ways that Shadow cannot possibly know in advance?

Shadow watches Kill la Kill. He knows. It would hilarious if he goes full on fanboy... fanhog... at her in the battle.
    I... Thats...

Ok. If it shows up, fair play Death Battle team.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

... this is literally perfect and I’m mad I never knew about it before now.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

9. - Top - End - #219

Well, knowing her one weakness isn't the same as being able to use it.

I haven't watched the Shadow Promo because most of those get repeated in the episode proper, but the Black Arms swords you can pick up in the Shadow Games is, like most of the weapons, not meaningfully better than Shadow's bare hands(those weapons are completly optional. There's even a line where Sonic insinuates that Shadow is less of a man for 'needing' a gun.)

Unless they folded Lancelot's feats in with Shadow and gave him Arondight(did they?) I still don't think he's physically capable of hurting Ryuko and he needs to be able to cut her before he can scissor cut her.

...Though admittedly, it would be hilarious if the reason they started fighting was because Shadow started gushing and Ryuko thought he was a perverted stalker.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

With anime knowledge in hand, Shadow's winning move would be to freeze time and steal her scissor blades and use them against her. She is carrying her own weakness, after all.

It wouldn't be an option if he wasn't a self-admitted anime fan, of course, but that's what makes it fun.

11. - Top - End - #221

With anime knowledge in hand, Shadow's winning move would be to freeze time and steal her scissor blades and use them against her. She is carrying her own weakness, after all.

It wouldn't be an option if he wasn't a self-admitted anime fan, of course, but that's what makes it fun.
    I don't think using the other guy's weapons is a legal move in a DeathBattle though. I could be forgetting something though.

And we are assuming that DB knows this bit of obscure trivia.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I don't think using the other guy's weapons is a legal move in a DeathBattle though. I could be forgetting something though.

And we are assuming that DB knows this bit of obscure trivia.
    I seem to remember one fight ending that way, but I can't remember which one it was... Not a lot of fights use weapons that the other fighter could use. Even the Mega Man battle royal, a character known for copying moves, didn't do that.

As for Death Battle knowing? Flip a coin. Their research can latch on to the silliest little details, and yet miss the obvious. If they do, expect it to be a line item on Shadow's lists "Favorite anime: Kill la Kill" or something like that.
    Last edited by McNum; 2021-03-17 at 04:18 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground

I dunno, Shadow using loose weaponry isn't exactly any sort of stretch. I've never seen Ryuko's cartoon, so I don't know how chatty she is in a fight, but one mention of how "Only a weapon like THIS can hurt me!" and oops there goes the scissors.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

So slightly random question; who would be a good opponent for Mako from Kill la Kill?
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #225

So slightly random question; who would be a good opponent for Mako from Kill la Kill?
    Assuming she has access to the Fight Club President's Two-Star Goku Uniform...

BantyoLeomon aesthetically but that's a bit of a one-sided matchup.

...Does Shadow have a love interest? The penultimate episode has Mako ask Ryuko out on a date, which Ryuko accepts while kissing her on the lips so she's basically the closest thing Ryuko has to a love interest.

If we want to play up Life Fibers as alien parasites, giving Carnage a second shot might work: Carnage and Mako both have the "seemingly normal human who inexplicably has a great deal of compatibility with hostile alien symbiotes making them Hella Powerful" thing going for them... Though I'm not sure Mako has the damage output to be able to hurt Carnage.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

The thought of Death Battle whipping out a semi-obscure Digimon like BanchoLeomon or Gankoomon for a fight out of nowhere amuses me way more than it probably should.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2021-03-19 at 07:30 AM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Assuming she has access to the Fight Club President's Two-Star Goku Uniform...

BantyoLeomon aesthetically but that's a bit of a one-sided matchup.

...Does Shadow have a love interest? The penultimate episode has Mako ask Ryuko out on a date, which Ryuko accepts while kissing her on the lips so she's basically the closest thing Ryuko has to a love interest.

If we want to play up Life Fibers as alien parasites, giving Carnage a second shot might work: Carnage and Mako both have the "seemingly normal human who inexplicably has a great deal of compatibility with hostile alien symbiotes making them Hella Powerful" thing going for them... Though I'm not sure Mako has the damage output to be able to hurt Carnage.
    No, but that does give a good place to start. Love Interest of anti-heroes. How good is Bulma in a fight?

It's a stretch, but honestly not any worse than many of the others we've seen. But yeah, I don't think Mako could hurt Carnage.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

18. - Top - End - #228

No, but that does give a good place to start. Love Interest of anti-heroes. How good is Bulma in a fight?
    Bulma's only combat techniques are trying to seduce people when she was a teen and bashing people over the head with a frying pan after becoming a mom.

And the seduction trick consistently fails to get results. The only time it works is when she gets Roshi to agree to part with his dragon ball in exchange for flashing her panties... When she wasn't wearing panties.

She tries it to get Goku's dragon ball and he's all like "why would anyone want to touch your butt?" She tries it on General and he actually seems kind of horrified that an underage girl is hitting on him.

Granted, considering that Mako seems to be a perverted pansexual, it might work on her.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Bulma's only combat techniques are trying to seduce people when she was a teen and bashing people over the head with a frying pan after becoming a mom.

And the seduction trick consistently fails to get results. The only time it works is when she gets Roshi to agree to part with his dragon ball in exchange for flashing her panties... When she wasn't wearing panties.

She tries it to get Goku's dragon ball and he's all like "why would anyone want to touch your butt?" She tries it on General and he actually seems kind of horrified that an underage girl is hitting on him.

Granted, considering that Mako seems to be a perverted pansexual, it might work on her.
    To clarify, General Blue is horrified an undersge GIRL is hitting on him. He's gay. And, sadly, the underage part would otherwise be a positive for him.

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    To clarify, General Blue is horrified an undersge GIRL is hitting on him. He's gay. And, sadly, the underage part would otherwise be a positive for him.
    Out of curiosity, is she underage by americas standards? Or by japans?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

21. - Top - End - #231

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    sadly, the underage part would otherwise be a positive for him.
    That was only in the anime.

In the manga, Toriyama gave him effeminite traits and implied that he was a homosexual and that's it. The anime staff, expanding the Doctor Slumb crossover out into a full mini-arc and adding cameos from additional slump characters, independent of Toriyama's influence, decided "he's gay, let's make a pedophile joke" becuase "all gay men are boy hungry pedophiles" was a commonly believed stereotype in 80s Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Out of curiosity, is she underage by americas standards? Or by japans?
    Both, but in the 80s in Japan it wasn't considered that big of a deal.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Bulma's sixteen at the very beginning when she meets Goku, she'd be 17/18 when the Red Ribbon Army stuff comes up. Depends when her birthday is relative to events.

The first arc - when they're fighting Pilaf and co. - ends when the first wish in the series gets made. The following arc with the Red Ribbon Army mobilizing to collect the balls would require a minimum of a year to pass, and some time for the actual events to transpire.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2021-03-19 at 05:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233

BlackDragon

Spoiler: The winner is
    Show
    Shadow. The animation shows him stacking his super form with his limiters removed but the analysis was that either would be enough to do the job. Reasoning? He's too fast. She literally can't catch him, and coupled with his time stop ability, can paste her entirely in an instant. And since she hasn't shown feats of regeneration from being pasted at light speed, so logically, she can't. The sword and gun was mentioned and more or less a non factor. They DID find the canon comment of Shadow saying his favorite anime, and stated its canon.

Spoiler: Next Time on Death Battle
    Show
    Lex Luthor vs Dr. Doom. This isn't as much of a stomp for Doom as it used to be. Sure, Doom was the Sorcerer Supreme, time traveled and compares his intelligence to Reed Richards, but Lex has been buffing up of late. He's outsmarted gods, interacted with the source wall, and mastered some solid defenses against non technological attacks against him. Going by pure smarts Lex absolutely owns this. He even made Brainiac doubt it's intelligence, cause he outsmarted him as well. It's going to come down to what is considered Lex's standard gear. If they let him only keep the iconic anti superman suit he has a better than fair chance of losing. But if they let him keep the new stuff that he's been brewing I will say now that he can clinch it.

24. - Top - End - #234

Spoiler: This Time
    Show
    I call bull****.

1: Ryuko's level of durability exceeds Shadow's output, as stated in this thread.

2: Ryuo has regenerated from having most of her body pierced and destroyed, which is analogous to being pasted.

3: Ryuko doesn't need to demonstrate regenerating from being pasted, her regeneration is absolute and can explicitly only be overcome in one ****ing way.

This is Ben 10 vs Green Lantern or Gaara vs Toph all over again. They are flat out ignoring facts to give the win to who they wanted to win.

Shadow can no more kill Ryuko than he can kill a werewolf without using a silver bullet.

Spoiler: Next Time
    Show
    Okay, for one, this is the wrong MatchUp. Norman Osborn is Marvel's analog to LEx Luthor, not Doctor Doom.

For two... Gonna Give it to Doom.

Doom can just make the power cosmic, in addition to having previous stolen power cosmic from various Heralds of Galactus and Galactus himself and other sources of Cosmic Energy.

At the height of his power, he literally ruled the entire multiverse(or rather, what was left of it) as a nigh-omnipotent God with an Amry of Alternate Uiverse versions of Thor at his beck and call.

Doom at the Height of his power is far beyond anything Lex has ever even dreamed of dealing with..
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-03-22 at 12:40 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pretty content with this result. There's no amount of regeneration that can make up for a speed difference where one fighter can take another apart atom by atom. For the record, this would also work on a werewolf.

Spoiler
    Show
    For the next fight...I feel like average Luthor absolutely annihilates average Doom. His top toer power armor scales to Superman, and we all know how Death Battle rates Supes. I have no idea about Doom's top feats though, so he may have something up his sleeve that can turn it in his favor.

26. - Top - End - #236

Spoiler: @Anteros Next Time
    Show
    Doom's top feats are rewriting reality itself to create a universe where Lex Luthor never becomes a threat(As he did with the Fantastic Four in the most recent Secret Wars), or going back in time with his time Platform and murdering Lex's parents, Grand Parents, Great Grand Parents, and Great Great Great grandparents all before they were old enough to have every possibly had children to ensure that there's no possibility of Lex having ever existed, and unlike most forms of time Travel in the Marvel Universe, the Time Platform can be set to travel within its own timeline rather than creating a parallel one.

Lex doesn't need to scale to Superman to beat Doom.

He needs to scale to Spectre. Or, at a minimum, one of The Endless.

Doom throws down with High-Level Cosmic Beings on a regular basis and not only wins, he steals their powers.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #237

BlackDragon

Spoiler: @Anteros Next Time
    Show
    Doom's top feats are rewriting reality itself to create a universe where Lex Luthor never becomes a threat(As he did with the Fantastic Four in the most recent Secret Wars), or going back in time with his time Platform and murdering Lex's parents, Grand Parents, Great Grand Parents, and Great Great Great grandparents all before they were old enough to have every possibly had children to ensure that there's no possibility of Lex having ever existed, and unlike most forms of time Travel in the Marvel Universe, the Time Platform can be set to travel within its own timeline rather than creating a parallel one.

Lex doesn't need to scale to Superman to beat Doom.

He needs to scale to Spectre. Or, at a minimum, one of The Endless.

Doom throws down with High-Level Cosmic Beings on a regular basis and not only wins, he steals their powers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lex currently can scale past spectre in the top end of his feats. He became the God of Entropy, hacked AND upgraded the Batmans hellbat suit, which was created to be the ultimate suit, is rated second to none in intelligence on earth and cured an incurable desease.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: This Time
    Show
    Shadow finally pulled one off, he is truly the coolest hedgehog with a 1-2 record in Death Battle.

I had a feeling his speed might be a problem. Unless you have a hard counter, it always is with those 'hogs. Just ask Eggman.

And I do like that they pulled in Shadow's favorite anime. It's canon and it's amazing.

Spoiler: Next Time...
    Show
    Gut says Doom. But considering that time they had Lex in there, he fought Iron Man, and Doom definitely scales above Iron Man, something must have happened to Lex to boost him to a new level, so... Gut says Doom, but Lex is a wildcard.

29. - Top - End - #239

So I dont know what to say, this whole pierced from both sides in the same instant or it doesnt count regeneration doesnt seem to be counted as a thing here. Not even the comment section of the video seems to have anyone agreeing that she had this victory. Shadow speed and power blitzed his way to victory. I honestly thought it was going to go the opposite way since they quoted the 1 terraton firing shadow and sonic at a planet thing then showed her doing like 800x that to cut the life fibers around the planet. But then they went, "Lmao syke! We were hiding the numbers of his ACTUAL best feat. Turns out he is dozens of times faster and stronger!"

As for the next one, meh, normally dc overpowers marvel, but Doom is utterly absurd. I cant actually call this one.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: This time
    Show
    Yeah, you can't cut life fibers that way and Ryuko has taken massive blasts before. Also they didn't even bring up the fact that if Ryuko survived Super Shadow, than Shadow wouldn't be able to survive her blows. Basically, can Shadow kill Ryuko in 60 seconds?

Oh, and they mentioned the blood timer thing, but that stopped being a thing in the second half of Kill la Kill. Basically right after Ryuko's life fiber abilities activated. Before that, her body acted as if it was human.

The definitely gave Shadow some massive buffs though by giving him the force to put a planet back together. That was certainly new.

Spoiler: Next TIme
    Show
    I'm guessing Lex got some new feats from what I'm hearing, and DC scales really badly. Doom is pretty OP, but he still loses to rather low level opponents. I think Lex is going to take it.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show