Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 43
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Bel's Megadungeon IC

    It was as the turning of the seasons, you awoke and you were not where you expected to be, as it customary for folk of your ilk, the powerful often get whisked away, and this was not your first time, and it would not be your last.

    There was no swaying of trees, or chirping of birds, and crickets, no foliage at all, of any kind, just the hard, solid stonework of a dungeon room, a large one, but nothing to call home about.

    A firepit crackled softly in the center of the large room, providing warmth, and a small amount of light for any who needed, but not enough to ruin the vision of those who didn't. Near that, to the north, was a glowing portal of some kind, larger across than tall, it shimmered and sparkled with energy, even a fool would understand what it was.

    On the outskirts of the room stand 16 pillars, pedestals, not a single one had anything atop of them, but it is obvious, they are there to hold a specific thing.

    Others of your kind are in the room with you.

    Spoiler
    Show

    You should be able to edit, please do so with your character location.
    Map
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2021-02-25 at 05:08 PM.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

    “Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    greenpotato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    A small young woman with black hair and almond eyes glances warily around the room. She looks confused and angry.
    "Who are you people!? Why am I here!?" Eakt demands, her hand on the hilt of her sword.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    Remus, only now coming to his senses, makes a quick cursory look around the room, before turning back to his twin and whispering
    "Brother, it's happened again! Another summoning this quick, and I'm sure the gods are out to give us no true rest. Keep your shield readied - I'm sure these are our companions, but I cannot be sure of anything else."
    -And with any luck, I won't have to be...

    Standing back up and, looking about the room, Remus gives Romulus a pat on the back, waiting on him to address the party first. Years of botched and awkward first introductions have taught him not to speak until Romulus has made a good first impression, after all!

    Remus also notes Eakt's surprised, confused, and possibly scared reaction. Though they're surely a threat if they wanted to be, Remus remembers his first summoning and tries to hold back a laugh, knowing how scared and suspicious he acted-
    -not that it was entirely unwarranted, of course.

    ((OOC Edit: Because I wasn't expecting other characters to try and eavesdrop on Remus' conversation, he "Takes 12" on his Hide and Move Silently checks as an opposed roll to Chance, resulting in a 44 and 42 respectively))
    Last edited by Goaty14; 2021-02-26 at 01:39 AM.
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show
    Ew, Goaty make stinky homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    Cairah standing there blinking, it had happened again, this time her surroundings somewhat unfamiliar. looking around at the pillars wondering what kind of test this might be.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Geeksthenewsexy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    A youthful-looking man the size of a halfling with the ears and tail of a cat climbs to his feet and stretches with a sleepy yawn. Blinking owlishly he glances around. "Again?" Sighing heavily, he glances at the pretty woman with almond eyes. Waving his hands slightly in mock panic, he monotones, "I'm me, they are them, and we're likely all here because someone or something wanted us here for....reasons?" putting his hands down he shrugs. "First time, I take it? You get used to it after a while." Glancing at the two men who look like they could be siblings as one speaks. Listening, he points them out to the woman. "See? You get used to it." Nodding in satisfaction, he goes back to scanning the room, as if the matter were settled.

    Spoiler: Statblock
    Show
    Chance (Humanoid)
    Male C/N Tibbit Gestalt, Level 18, Init 9, HP 188/188, DR 4/Cold Iron, Speed 20' (Land) & 20' (Fly - Good)
    AC 39, Touch 29, Flat-footed 31, Fort 20, Ref 23, Will 20, Base Attack Bonus +13.5/+8.5/+3.5
    Eldritch Blast +23 (15d6, x2)
    (Small) Warlock's Scepter +17/+12/+7 (1d4+4, x2)
    Breath Weapon 15' Cone / 30' Line (2d6, )
    Bracers of Armor +8 (+8 Armor, +8 Dex, +1 Size, +5 Deflect, +2 Natural, +5 Misc)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 26, Con 20, Int 22, Wis 20, Cha 22
    Condition In Natural (Humanoid) Form
    Active Invocations Draconic Knowledge, See The Unseen, Entropic Shield,
    Beguiling Influence, Voidsense, Ignore The Pyre (Acid), Dark Foresight
    Active Auras (30', Allies) Vigor (Fast Healing 4 up to 1/2 HP), Insight (+4 Decipher Script / Knowledge / Spellcraft)
    Active Auras (10', Allies) Aura of Courage (+4 Saves vs Fear)
    Active Auras (5', Enemies) Aura of Menace (-2 Attacks, AC, Saves, 24 Hours - DC: 20)
    Resistances Acid (18), Fire (10), Cold (5), Electricity (5), Sonic (5)
    Immunitites Fear Effects
    Vision Darkvision (60'), Blindsense (30'), See Invisible
    Additional Protections 20% Miss Chance vs Ranged, Uncanny Dodge
    Additional Abilities Feline Transformation (At-Will), Detect Magic (At-Will), Abrupt Jaunt (7 / 7), Tongues
    Spoiler: OOC Rolls and Actions
    Show

    Spot Check: (1d20+25)[26]
    Listen Check: (1d20+25)[26]
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deadguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Swamp
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    "Well, well, well... it seems time to assert myself once more. The Queen's sense of timing is uncanny." The dark-skinned half elf slowly gazed around the room, taking stock of it's contents and those present. She didn't seem overly alarmed by the sudden shift in her surroundings. It had happened so many times before.

    "Let us get introductions out of the way then... I am Xalrix, and I am here because I refuse to conform to the Spider Queen's demands." As she spoke, several legs, eight to be exact uncurled from behind her. A massive hunting spider seemed to be her companion, as she rested a hand on the chittering creature's head once it appeared.
    No longer active.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    "You are probably right brother, lets find out".

    "Greetings, all" Romulus said, addressing the other arrivals "My name is Romulus Wulfborne and with me stands Remus who is both my brother in arms and my brother by blood. We are here to proof our worth so that they may aid us in the creation of a halfling nation, save haven to all."
    Remember: Offence is taken, not given



    Play-by-Post Characters:

    Sir Balduin of Buckwood (OOC | IC)
    High Priest Azrael (OOC | IC)

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    The two women appear together by the firepit a footstep apart. One of them, the blonde in the fur-trimmed gilet, doesn't miss a beat, reacting to the sudden change of scenery sure-footedly, a weapon finding her hand instantly as with her other she pulls her companion close for protection as she assesses the threat. The other woman stumbles slightly, but catches herself gracefully. She's slightly shorter, with raven black hair and carrying no arms or armour at all, clad instead in an elegant silver dress.

    "What just happened?" the woman with the rapier mutters to her companion as she alternately covers each of the strangers with the weapon.
    "Some sort of advanced plane shift?" her companion guesses. "Aveus's never demonstrated anything that could pierce your defences before..."

    As it becomes clear none of the strangers are going to attack, the first woman relaxes, lowering her weapon as the others start to introduce themselves. Whilst some of the others appear to be in the same stage of confusion, there are at least a few who seem to have some idea what's going on.

    "My name is Mia Madsen, agent of Archmage Elorin. And this is my sister-"
    "Kayda," the dark-haired woman interjects.
    "Some of you know what's going on? What's this about a test?" Mia asks. ""This is really not a convenient time."
    "We were in the middle of a parlay. Aveus is going to think we're double-crossing him..." Kayda adds.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2021-02-26 at 06:23 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    Letting his brother introduce them both, Remus stands taller aside his brother and looks back to everyone again, gesturing to them in turn
    "Very well, then we have Xalrix, Mia Madsen, Kayda, and... the rest of you? No need to be shy now, the worst that can happen is me giving you a bad name if you don't speak up before we go in!"
    Remus makes a mental note to call Eakt "Toothpick", Chance "Kitty", and Cairah "Firewoman". Doing this certainly wouldn't earn him any allies, but with any luck, he won't have to follow up on it
    Last edited by Goaty14; 2021-03-03 at 01:35 AM.
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show
    Ew, Goaty make stinky homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deadguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Swamp
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    The drow-blooded woman walked around the room as the others introduced themselves, or generally panicked. She paused at each pedestal, inspecting them for any clues to their purpose. At first, she thought they might be some kind of trophy stand. Something that the group must retrieve and return to this place in order to be free from the dungeon.

    "Perhaps the designer felt generous and left clues." Her eyes glowed a light blue as she studied the stone for traces of magic or inscriptions.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Disenchanter Mask - Detect Magic (active)
    Spot vs markings on pillars (1d20+50)[68]
    Spellcraft vs any magic detected (1d20+21)[36]
    No longer active.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    Inspecting the pedestals it becomes very obvious quickly, that they have a symbol embossed on the side facing the portal, carved from stone, you can see the very simple symbols for the following made out of the draconian common alphabet, a bastardized version of draconic made for simple minded monsters.

    • Angels
    • Demons
    • Archons
    • Devils
    • Dragons
    • Giant
    • Undersea
    • Underdark
    • Far realm
    • Undead
    • Nature
    • Magical beasts
    • Fire
    • Water
    • Earth
    • Air
    • Constructs


    The last pedestal is missing a symbol, and has a small clear gemstone that reflects the image of whoever peers into it.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

    “Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Geeksthenewsexy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    Examining the symbols, Chance muses aloud. "Hey, it's kind of a butchered job, but these are at least recognizable." Poking at one particular symbol with a finger, he continues. "This one for example, is one I'm no sure about though. It might say Giant...but also might say Pecan? Hoping for pecan, personally. I could definitely go for a pecan pie. I have no idea how they make the oddly transparent amber filling for those, you'd think that would be very difficult. Unless they use rare reagents? But no, you see them all the time in small villages in the fall...hhmm..." His attention span losing momentum so quickly the process is almost visible as he trails off, examining the symbols and muttering about pies and horrible translations under his breath to no one in particular.
    Spoiler: Statblock
    Show
    Chance (Humanoid)
    Male C/N Tibbit Gestalt, Level 18, Init 9, HP 188/188, DR 4/Cold Iron, Speed 20' (Land) & 20' (Fly - Good)
    AC 39, Touch 29, Flat-footed 31, Fort 20, Ref 23, Will 20, Base Attack Bonus +13.5/+8.5/+3.5
    Eldritch Blast +23 (15d6, x2)
    (Small) Warlock's Scepter +17/+12/+7 (1d4+4, x2)
    Breath Weapon 15' Cone / 30' Line (2d6, )
    Bracers of Armor +8 (+8 Armor, +8 Dex, +1 Size, +5 Deflect, +2 Natural, +5 Misc)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 26, Con 20, Int 22, Wis 20, Cha 22
    Condition In Natural (Humanoid) Form
    Active Invocations Draconic Knowledge, See The Unseen, Entropic Shield,
    Beguiling Influence, Voidsense, Ignore The Pyre (Acid), Dark Foresight
    Active Auras (30', Allies) Vigor (Fast Healing 4 up to 1/2 HP), Insight (+4 Decipher Script / Knowledge / Spellcraft)
    Active Auras (10', Allies) Aura of Courage (+4 Saves vs Fear)
    Active Auras (5', Enemies) Aura of Menace (-2 Attacks, AC, Saves, 24 Hours - DC: 20)
    Resistances Acid (18), Fire (10), Cold (5), Electricity (5), Sonic (5)
    Immunitites Fear Effects
    Vision Darkvision (60'), Blindsense (30'), See Invisible
    Additional Protections 20% Miss Chance vs Ranged, Uncanny Dodge
    Additional Abilities Feline Transformation (At-Will), Detect Magic (At-Will), Abrupt Jaunt (7 / 7), Tongues
    Spoiler: OOC Rolls and Actions
    Show

    Spot Check: [roll0]
    Listen Check: [roll1]
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2021-03-08 at 06:36 PM.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    greenpotato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    "I am Eakt." She says when the introductions are being passed around.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    "Sadly I doubt that we would be summoned to this room for something as simple as a buffet. It's more likely to refer to giants than it is to pekan pie, maybe it is a warning? "Here be giants" is a common warning in halfling tongue, the less well trained of our people have little chance if attacked by something 10 times their size.

    Can anyone translate the other signs?
    "
    Remember: Offence is taken, not given



    Play-by-Post Characters:

    Sir Balduin of Buckwood (OOC | IC)
    High Priest Azrael (OOC | IC)

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deadguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Swamp
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    Xalrix would pass on to the others what she was able to interpret. "It appears to be an arena of sorts. The portal will probably bring us into a proving ground where we will face something matching one of the descriptions."

    She headed toward the portal, inspecting it for markings as well as she waited for the others to be ready to enter.
    No longer active.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    greenpotato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    "So we should choose a symbol and step through?"

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    "If nothing else happens that would be the most logical. Wouldn't you agree, brother?" Romulus said and he turned to Remus.

    "If so though, the question would be, which door do we pick? If this here portal warns of giants what do the other symbols tell us? What other potential dangers await us in this trial?"
    Remember: Offence is taken, not given



    Play-by-Post Characters:

    Sir Balduin of Buckwood (OOC | IC)
    High Priest Azrael (OOC | IC)

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadguy View Post
    Xalrix would pass on to the others what she was able to interpret. "It appears to be an arena of sorts. The portal will probably bring us into a proving ground where we will face something matching one of the descriptions."

    She headed toward the portal, inspecting it for markings as well as she waited for the others to be ready to enter.
    well if this be some form of portal and then symbols things that one could face in an unknown arena of unknown size and shape , we should choose carefully for some of these might be a huge problem to deal with

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    Mia and Kayda peer at the symbols, confirming their bastardised draconic meanings as much as they can be.

    "I haven't seen anything suggesting a choice," Mia comments, still puzzling over the symbols.
    "It's more than likely we'll have to face all these challenges in order. It maybe it's just random," Kayda agrees.
    "Well, the sooner we cross through the portal the sooner we'll find out. It'll take a long time to face all these challenges and Kayda and I have duties to get back to. Let's go," Mia suggests, casting several abjurations that summon a radiant set of armour and enlace a network of shimmering barriers around her otherwise unarmoured form.

    Kayda also takes a moment to erect a barrier, though not a multi-layered one like Mia's, grasping an intricately carved rod to extend it as she does.

    Barely pausing to see if the others are following, the two sisters step through the portal.

    Spoiler: Conditions and effects
    Show

    Mia's Normally active spells:

    Superior Resistance 48h +6 resistance to Saves
    Greater Luminous Armour 38h +13AC & -4 to foes' attack roll
    Greater Anticipate Teleportation 48h (3 rounds' notice)
    Heroes' Feast 12h - Immunity to poison, fear, +1 morale to attack and will saves

    Heart of Air 19h +10enhancement to fly speed (no stack with swiftblade) and jump. Discharge for Featherfall.
    Heart of Water 19h Swim speed, +8 to swim, +5 escape artist, breath underwater.
    Discharge for Freedom of Movement.
    Heart of Earth 19h +8 to resist combat manoeuvres, +30thps.
    Discharge for Stoneskin.
    Heart of Fire 19h Resistance to Fire 20, +10 enhancement to land speed (no stack with swiftblade).
    Discharge for Fire Shield.
    Immune to Critical Hits & Sneak Attack.

    Kayda's Normally Active Spells:
    Extended Greater Mage Armour +6AC 14h.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2021-03-14 at 03:51 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    Quote Originally Posted by A.A.King View Post
    "If nothing else happens that would be the most logical. Wouldn't you agree, brother?" Romulus said and he turned to Remus. [/COLOR]"
    "I agree, it would-" Remus says, as he sees Mia and Kayda eagerly step into the portal. Definitely not a brash move that he'd take himself, but for an experienced trap-finder such as himself, them going in would definitely remove many such things for him to deal with, for better or for worse.

    Regardless, Remus knows they're here to work as a team, and while he doesn't trust these people as he does his brother, he'd be a fool not to keep up. Tapping on Romulus' shoulder, he gestures for them to move through as well...
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show
    Ew, Goaty make stinky homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Geeksthenewsexy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    Still examining the symbols, Chase glances up briefly. Eyes snapping back up a moment later to reconfirm that everyone was walking through the portal without him, he groans. "Damn..." All thoughts of symbols leaving his mind, he hurries after them through the portal.
    Spoiler: Statblock
    Show
    Chance (Humanoid)
    Male C/N Tibbit Gestalt, Level 18, Init 9, HP 188/188, DR 4/Cold Iron, Speed 20' (Land) & 20' (Fly - Good)
    AC 39, Touch 29, Flat-footed 31, Fort 20, Ref 23, Will 20, Base Attack Bonus +13.5/+8.5/+3.5
    Eldritch Blast +23 (15d6, x2)
    (Small) Warlock's Scepter +17/+12/+7 (1d4+4, x2)
    Breath Weapon 15' Cone / 30' Line (2d6, )
    Bracers of Armor +8 (+8 Armor, +8 Dex, +1 Size, +5 Deflect, +2 Natural, +5 Misc)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 26, Con 20, Int 22, Wis 20, Cha 22
    Condition In Natural (Humanoid) Form
    Active Invocations Draconic Knowledge, See The Unseen, Entropic Shield,
    Beguiling Influence, Voidsense, Ignore The Pyre (Acid), Dark Foresight
    Active Auras (30', Allies) Vigor (Fast Healing 4 up to 1/2 HP), Insight (+4 Decipher Script / Knowledge / Spellcraft)
    Active Auras (10', Allies) Aura of Courage (+4 Saves vs Fear)
    Active Auras (5', Enemies) Aura of Menace (-2 Attacks, AC, Saves, 24 Hours - DC: 20)
    Resistances Acid (18), Fire (10), Cold (5), Electricity (5), Sonic (5)
    Immunitites Fear Effects
    Vision Darkvision (60'), Blindsense (30'), See Invisible
    Additional Protections 20% Miss Chance vs Ranged, Uncanny Dodge
    Additional Abilities Feline Transformation (At-Will), Detect Magic (At-Will), Abrupt Jaunt (7 / 7), Tongues
    Spoiler: OOC Rolls and Actions
    Show


    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2021-03-17 at 12:44 AM.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    *whoever moves through the portal*

    You step through, and even though you are experienced by any measure of the word, this feels different, you stomach stays put as your body is wrenched into streams as it is sent through the physic's defying connection of two realities, as you step through, your gut seems to catapult back, as if you were falling....sideways.

    Stepping through, your nostrils (if you have any) are instantly filled with the charnel macabre scent of recently spilled offal. Looking around, you can see the room you are inside is made of a living organic metal, and piles of guts, bones, viscera, and....offal fill both of the corners opposite you, it is a sight to behold, and one that doesn't fill you with confidence, or well being.

    The floor is ribbed, like the inside of a giant beast, and the red garish light that slowly pulses seems to come from nowhere and everywhere.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Anyone who has been to the 10th layer of the abyss, knows this is very similar if not the same place

    If it is in your backstory, or you have 20 ranks of knowledge k.planes you know this. (no checks)

    If you can make a DC 30 knowledge planes check (but lack the 20 ranks) you know it is one of the layers of the abyss, most likely.


    The room you are in is a simple square, the portal in the back, facing the only opening, flanked by the two piles of...flesh.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

    “Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    after stepping through Cairah take a couple moments to let things adjust, then looking around. Well this is quite the place.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Geeksthenewsexy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    Staggering through the portal, Chase's left eye begins twitching immediately as the sound of a cat beginning to hackup a hairball starts and stops in fits as he covers his mouth, obviously trying to restrain his erpping, and determined to keep his breakfast down. Through his fingers, you hear a muffled curse. "Somewhere in... erp... the abyss, if I... erp... don't miss my guess. Lovely. " His somewhat watery eyes scan the area.

    Spoiler: Statblock
    Show
    Chance (Humanoid)
    Male C/N Tibbit Gestalt, Level 18, Init 9, HP 188/188, DR 4/Cold Iron, Speed 20' (Land) & 20' (Fly - Good)
    AC 39, Touch 29, Flat-footed 31, Fort 20, Ref 23, Will 20, Base Attack Bonus +13.5/+8.5/+3.5
    Eldritch Blast +23 (15d6, x2)
    (Small) Warlock's Scepter +17/+12/+7 (1d4+4, x2)
    Breath Weapon 15' Cone / 30' Line (2d6, )
    Bracers of Armor +8 (+8 Armor, +8 Dex, +1 Size, +5 Deflect, +2 Natural, +5 Misc)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 26, Con 20, Int 22, Wis 20, Cha 22
    Condition In Natural (Humanoid) Form
    Active Invocations Draconic Knowledge, See The Unseen, Entropic Shield,
    Beguiling Influence, Voidsense, Ignore The Pyre (Acid), Dark Foresight
    Active Auras (30', Allies) Vigor (Fast Healing 4 up to 1/2 HP), Insight (+4 Decipher Script / Knowledge / Spellcraft)
    Active Auras (10', Allies) Aura of Courage (+4 Saves vs Fear)
    Active Auras (5', Enemies) Aura of Menace (-2 Attacks, AC, Saves, 24 Hours - DC: 20)
    Resistances Acid (18), Fire (10), Cold (5), Electricity (5), Sonic (5)
    Immunitites Fear Effects
    Vision Darkvision (60'), Blindsense (30'), See Invisible
    Additional Protections 20% Miss Chance vs Ranged, Uncanny Dodge
    Additional Abilities Feline Transformation (At-Will), Detect Magic (At-Will), Abrupt Jaunt (7 / 7), Tongues
    Spoiler: OOC Rolls and Actions
    Show

    Chance has a +30 to 'Knowledge: The Planes', so would easily make the DC 30 knowledge check to be fairly sure it was somewhere in the abyss.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    "Did anyone bring a light?" Romulus said, his eyes were not suited for the dark
    Remember: Offence is taken, not given



    Play-by-Post Characters:

    Sir Balduin of Buckwood (OOC | IC)
    High Priest Azrael (OOC | IC)

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Geeksthenewsexy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    Pulling a pellet of liquid sunlight that shines with the light of a lit torch from his haversack, Chance passes it to Romulus. "Be gentle with it. It's meant to break on impact, and causes a nasty flash if broken. Makes a decent light source if you can keep it whole, though." He gestures around with a hand, obviously able to see fine. "I usually only use it for reading, myself."

    Spoiler: Statblock
    Show
    Chance (Humanoid)
    Male C/N Tibbit Gestalt, Level 18, Init 9, HP 188/188, DR 4/Cold Iron, Speed 20' (Land) & 20' (Fly - Good)
    AC 39, Touch 29, Flat-footed 31, Fort 20, Ref 23, Will 20, Base Attack Bonus +13.5/+8.5/+3.5
    Eldritch Blast +23 (15d6, x2)
    (Small) Warlock's Scepter +17/+12/+7 (1d4+4, x2)
    Breath Weapon 15' Cone / 30' Line (2d6, )
    Bracers of Armor +8 (+8 Armor, +8 Dex, +1 Size, +5 Deflect, +2 Natural, +5 Misc)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 26, Con 20, Int 22, Wis 20, Cha 22
    Condition In Natural (Humanoid) Form
    Active Invocations Draconic Knowledge, See The Unseen, Entropic Shield,
    Beguiling Influence, Voidsense, Ignore The Pyre (Acid), Dark Foresight
    Active Auras (30', Allies) Vigor (Fast Healing 4 up to 1/2 HP), Insight (+4 Decipher Script / Knowledge / Spellcraft)
    Active Auras (10', Allies) Aura of Courage (+4 Saves vs Fear)
    Active Auras (5', Enemies) Aura of Menace (-2 Attacks, AC, Saves, 24 Hours - DC: 20)
    Resistances Acid (18), Fire (10), Cold (5), Electricity (5), Sonic (5)
    Immunitites Fear Effects
    Vision Darkvision (60'), Blindsense (30'), See Invisible
    Additional Protections 20% Miss Chance vs Ranged, Uncanny Dodge
    Additional Abilities Feline Transformation (At-Will), Detect Magic (At-Will), Abrupt Jaunt (7 / 7), Tongues
    Spoiler: OOC Rolls and Actions
    Show

    Chance: - 1 Pellet of Liquid Sunlight (Complete Scoundrel, p. 110)
    Romulus: +1 Pellet of Liquid Sunlight (Complete Scoundrel, p. 110)

    "Shining with the light of a torch, a pellet of liquid sunlight is a half-inch-diameter sphere of glass that contains a gold-colored liquid. The pellet can be thrown as a ranged attack with a range increment of 5 feet. Alternatively, it can be loaded into a sling and used as a sling bullet. When it strikes a firm surface, it bursts and sprays out the liquid within. The liquid continues to glow with the light of a torch for 1 round after exposure to the air. Creatures with light sensitivity are dazzled for 1 round if struck by a liquid sunlight pellet. The pellet deals 1d6 points of damage to a vampire, vampire spawn, or any other creature similarly harmed by daylight."
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2021-03-23 at 06:18 AM.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    well then now that we all can be seen, where shall we go?

    Spoiler: Statblock
    Show

    Cairah
    female LN Human see below, Level 18, Init 17, HP 212/212, Speed 40 land 40 fly perfect
    AC 26, Touch 16, Flat-footed 20, Fort 20, Ref 25, Will 18, Base Attack Bonus 18/13/8/3
    ghost touch +2 Sun Blade (SF:+26/+26/+21/+16/+11) +28/+23/+18/+13 (1d10+20, 19-20x2)
    ghost touch two claw attacks +22/+17/+12/+7 (1d8+9, x2)
    str 4, ghost touch (20 arrows) +1 Composite Longbow (RS:+22/+22/+17/+12/+7) +24/+19/+14/+9 (1d8+7, x3)
    +6 (+5 enh) Celestial Armor (+10 Armor, +6 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 22, Con 20, Int 24, Wis 20, Cha 14
    Condition - none

    Self: affected as if by a pass without trace spell. In addition, produce no smell and cannot be detected by the scent extraordinary ability
    Darkvision 120ft
    Scent (Ex)
    Spoiler: OOC Rolls and Actions
    Show

    No rolls & will follow others for now
    Last edited by samduke; 2021-03-25 at 01:41 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    "I suggest moving forward until we stumble across what we are meant to find. Head first into danger is the right approach to life, isn't it, brother?"
    Remember: Offence is taken, not given



    Play-by-Post Characters:

    Sir Balduin of Buckwood (OOC | IC)
    High Priest Azrael (OOC | IC)

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    Quote Originally Posted by A.A.King View Post
    "I suggest moving forward until we stumble across what we are meant to find. Head first into danger is the right approach to life, isn't it, brother?"
    "You couldn't be more wrong, brother, but you're right that we shouldn't stay still for long, both for whatever we'll face, and to rid ourselves of this rotten smell!"
    With that said, Remus eyes the piles of flesh suspiciously and keeps by his brother's side, ready to pull him back if his proposal was anything less than sarcasm...

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Passively using Spot & Listen to search for anything too unusual (such as the flesh-piles being creatures, or hiding creatures within)... (taking 12 as usual)
    Spot: 33
    Listen: 35
    If we manage to get to the doorway without combat, Remus will take a full-round action to search it (result 41) for traps

    Spoiler: Statblock
    Show
    Remus Wulfborne
    Male CG Strongheart Halfling Rogue//Warblade, Level 18, Init 18, HP 234/234, Speed 30 L/60 F/15 S
    AC 32, Touch 20, Flat-footed 25, Fort 21, Ref 32, Will 14, Base Attack Bonus +18/+13/+8/+3
    Full Attack +28/+28/+23/+23/+18/+13 (See Notes, See Notes)
    Single Attack (ie Maneuver) +30 (1d4 + 14 + SA, 15-20 / x2)
    Attack of Opportunity +40 (1d4 + 22 + SA, 15-20 / x2)
    1/day Fly (CL 5) Celestial Armor, +1 Heavy Darkwood Shield of Arrow Deflection (+8 Armor, +3 Shield, +7 Dex, +1 Size, +1 Natural, +2 Misc)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 24, Con 20, Int 26, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Condition None
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show
    Ew, Goaty make stinky homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Bel's Megadungeon IC

    By the time the others arrive on the other side of the portal into the charnel house they find Mia mounting up on a huge silver dragon! Mia's armour casts bright light in a large radius and dim illumination a fair way beyond that. As the dragon moves it casts sinuous shadows over the chamber as it obscures the armour's light. Of Kayda there is no immediate sign.

    "Well this place is horrifying," Mia comments offhandedly. "What do you think Kayda? Undead? Demons? Flesh Constructs?"
    The silver dragon turns its head to regard the other party members who've followed them through the portal and the cat man in particular. "I agree with Chase, sister," the dragon says with Kayda's voice. "This is certainly The Abyss, one of the darkest layers of hell. We can expect demons or their works here."

    "So the challenges are not in order then," Mia muses. "This was the second, I think. So unless someone triggered the portal once before our arrival we'll probably be facing them in random order. That's... not ideal for preparation."
    "I don't trust those piles of flesh in the corners," Kayda warns, "In the absence of any other threat here I expect them to animate when we approach." She beats her wings to start hovering as much as the chamber will allow. The other party members are buffeted somewhat by the downdraft.

    "Me neither. Why don't you poke one and see what happens?"
    "Why don't you poke one?" Kayda objects. "Those things look disgusting!" she complains. Nevertheless the dragon extends a claw towards the leftmost pile of flesh and a ray of freezing air jumps to strike the pile. Not a serious attack, but strong enough for a poke.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Kayda casts Ray of Frost at the leftmost heap of flesh. Ranged Touch (1d20+23)[33] (1d3)[1]
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2021-04-04 at 03:36 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •