New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Question Divine Power Persistomancy for the Psionically inclined

I've been theorycrafting a Talshatora Monk/StP Erudite unarmed attack Psionic Gish for a while now, the obvious issue being that my BaB is worse than a Wizard of my Character level. So I've been trying to figure out a reliable way to use Divine power to fix that. While the spell is theoretically available to a StP Erudite, its not a given in this context since I would be required to find a Wizard or something that took a feat or Wyrm Wizard level to know the spell. While that's somewhat reasonable, id like to find another way to do it. Preferably via wealthomancy. Baring any better options my plan is to somehow get the spell and either use Linked Power with Wraithstrike every fight or use Persist Power with massive amounts of temporary ML boosting to allow me to burn 15 PP at level 7/9, or somehow get the persist spell feat on a character without casting and use a schema of metamagic item to plop it on a wand.

After a bit of pondering i started asking myself "How could a curious non-caster get one of the full BaB spells on them all day or at will?" For the purposes of this I'm assuming that custom permanent duration divine power wondrous items and resetting traps of divine power are off the table, though permanent runes of divine power are theoretically possible I'm curious too see if anyone knows of a better option than the 32K one a theoretical Ur-priest runecaster could make. I would also be interested to see if there was a spell like this that could be made permanent via a rules exploit. Does anyone know of anything?
    Last edited by Jervis; 2021-02-28 at 03:01 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Divine Power Persistomancy for the Psionically inclined

Quote Originally Posted by Jervis View Post
    I've been theorycrafting a Talshatora Monk/StP Erudite unarmed attack Psionic Gish for a while now, the obvious issue being that my BaB is worse than a Wizard of my Character level. So I've been trying to figure out a reliable way to use Divine power to fix that. While the spell is theoretically available to a StP Erudite, its not a given in this context since I would be required to find a Wizard or something that took a feat or Wyrm Wizard level to know the spell. While that's somewhat reasonable, id like to find another way to do it. Preferably via wealthomancy. Baring any better options my plan is to somehow get the spell and either use Linked Power with Wraithstrike every fight or use Persist Power with massive amounts of temporary ML boosting to allow me to burn 15 PP at level 7/9, or somehow get the persist spell feat on a character without casting and use a schema of metamagic item to plop it on a wand.

After a bit of pondering i started asking myself "How could a curious non-caster get one of the full BaB spells on them all day or at will?" For the purposes of this I'm assuming that custom permanent duration divine power wondrous items and resetting traps of divine power are off the table, though permanent runes of divine power are theoretically possible I'm curious too see if anyone knows of a better option than the 32K one a theoretical Ur-priest runecaster could make. I would also be interested to see if there was a spell like this that could be made permanent via a rules exploit. Does anyone know of anything?
    While not permanent or really at-will, why not just use wands?

Flexible Mind (feat from Dragon Magazine) allows a "chaotic" aligned character to pick 2 class skills for all his classes. Take UMD and you are ready to get Divine Power via wands. And the DC for a 20th clvl Divine Power is still only 20. So once you can hit the 20 UMD roll, you can have +20BAB. A 20th clvl Divine Power wand costs 20x4x750 g = 60.000g

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Have you tried looking into Tenser's Transformation? It prevents you from casting spells, but as a psion, you never cast spells. It also gives you BAB equal to your character level.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hyperconscious: Explorations in Psionics is by Bruce Cordell, the man that designed the psionics system for 3.5e.

The Ghostbreaker PrC is that supplement is a 5 level full BAB PrC with turn undead. Your best bet would be to ask your DM if you can research Divine Power as a psionic power.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

If bab is the problem, why not switch to touch attacks, surely a stp erudite can solve that

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Khatoblepas View Post
    Have you tried looking into Tenser's Transformation? It prevents you from casting spells, but as a psion, you never cast spells. It also gives you BAB equal to your character level.
    I have to second this. Transformation is exactly what you are looking for and it is a core arcane spell. This makes it easy to obtain in comparison to divine power. The only negative is that it is a 6th level spell.

The only other option I know is to find an arcane user who took arcane disciple with the war domain. If they have transformation, there is probably a higher chance that this is the case.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jervis View Post

Oh, the answer is easy.

Alright,so You need to eventually pick up thrallherd, Get a psionic artificer and a sorcerer as thralls.
    To learn divine power, you need Psychic Reformation. What you are going to end up doing is using the arcane disciple feat on your sorcerer to get any domain spells added to their list.

What is on the war domain list?
    Divine power.

Use STP to absorb the spell knowledge and put it on your list. From there you can use it natively.
    Secondly, because the sorcerer with arcane disciple exists, the psionic artificer can make psionic items from it. Likely you will still need to use use psionic device since they aren't on your list but your artificer can use it.

That is the perfect three man cell there.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone can easily get persistent divine power by following these simple steps:
    1. Put ranks in Use Magic Device.
    2. Take Extend Spell and Persistent Spell as feats.
    3. Get a minor schema of metamagic item.
    4. Get a wand of divine power (or battlearms).
    5. Optional: Take Wand Surge as a feat.

An alternative would be to get turning somehow and take the Frenzied Hunt feat, which gives you the full BAB effect of divine power, but as a free action.