Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

Finished reading everything, now I want in.

quadstalt, level 10, 64 feats (plus whatever other classes give you).

41 RP make your own race.

almost all pathfinder related material available.

background skills, elephant in the room feat tax, 15 oath points, no magical items (enough money for any mundane item we need).

Let's do this.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

Well, if we're starting another table, I guess I could give the time lord build a try...

3. - Top - End - #303
    Firbolg in the Playground

PirateWench

so is this still accepting new interests?- color me there if it is

edit
    I did not see anything that said one way or another but how many traits are we allowed and can we use drawbacks to gain ?

Can Unorthodox Casting Trait be used for Psionic class to shift its casting from (INT) to (WIS) OR shift a Sphere caster & Practitioner that both use (WIS) to (INT) ?
    Last edited by samduke; 2021-03-29 at 09:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    so is this still accepting new interests?- color me there if it is

edit
    I did not see anything that said one way or another but how many traits are we allowed and can we use drawbacks to gain ?

Can Unorthodox Casting Trait be used for Psionic class to shift its casting from (INT) to (WIS) OR shift a Sphere caster & Practitioner that both use (WIS) to (INT) ?
    I am still excepting interest. You can use that trait.

two traits, with up to 2 more if you take drawbacks. I think I forgot about that -- I'll update the build rules later.

If we're making a second table, I'd like to have one made up of kobolds, githyanki, and goushen, as this will help with plot points.
    Last edited by Marcarius5555; 2021-03-30 at 01:02 PM.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Marcarius5555 View Post

two traits, with up to 2 more if you take drawbacks. I think I forgot about that -- I'll update the build rules later.

If we're making a second table, I'd like to have one made up of kobolds, githyanki, and goushen, as this will help with plot points.
    Could the race be an enhanced kobold/goushen, with the 41 RP limit?

6. - Top - End - #306

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by droobles View Post
    Also interested, and if so, what RP would goushen be considered to start at?
    Last edited by Da'Shain; 2021-03-30 at 01:30 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307

Quote Originally Posted by droobles View Post
    yes, that's what I mean, you customize those races w/ 41 rp (note, they're a wierd kobold subrace (this world has dozens, kobolds have historically been one of the most prominent races) -- they have crystalline skin and many have wings/crystals embedded in their foreheads that channel psionic energy, etc.; they call themselves the 'saktivol')
    Last edited by Marcarius5555; 2021-03-30 at 01:41 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308

Quote Originally Posted by Da'Shain View Post
    Also interested, and if so, what RP would goushen be considered to start at?
    just try to guestimate it based on the values for different traits in rp.

9. - Top - End - #309

PirateWench

Racee: goushen
    well i have no idea about the goushen as i do not see that on the SRD but will this work for it ?
    will send you a pm for an idea on it

10. - Top - End - #310

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Racee: goushen
    well i have no idea about the goushen as i do not see that on the SRD but will this work for it ?
    will send you a pm for an idea on it
    they're a heroes of the jade oath race:

http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/he...-the-jade-oath

11. - Top - End - #311
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Marcarius5555 View Post

Can I be half Kobold, half of another race?

Also, do we gain Favored Class bonuses for every track of our Quadstalt, or just for one class?

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    Can I be half Kobold, half of another race?

Also, do we gain Favored Class bonuses for every track of our Quadstalt, or just for one class?
    wouldn't the FCB be an overlapping ability that you only choose the best one in your gestalt?

13. - Top - End - #313

PirateWench

so there are psionic items that one could purchase- but do we have starting wealth by level 10?

14. - Top - End - #314

MindFlayer

EDIT: Scratch that, found an idea I like a whole lot better.

Tarkail Ashadra is largely done but requires a bit more polishing.

Spoiler: Race: Sleeveless
    Show
    Venerable saktivol who have used their threefold mastery of mind, spirit and soul to transcend death without the need for technology (become Undead).

Undead Type (16)
    Small (0)
    Slow Speed (-1)
    Advanced -2 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Int/Wis/Cha (4)
    Advanced Charisma x2 (9)
    Lesser Lucky (2)
    Greater Spell Resistance (3)
    Craftsman (+2 craft/prof w/ metal+stone) (1)
    Silver Tongued (3)
    Greater Defensive Training (4)
    Enclave Protector (2)
    Resurrection Vulnerability (-1)
    Light Sensitivity (-1)

Tarkail serves the Masters as a "representative" of Ankh'Chorr to the world below, and though he is practiced at political speech and dissembles with the best of them, he is more often utilized in more shadowy roles as an inquisitor and infiltrator to ferret out any unrest that may grow into another Kwelgriss Revolt and stamp it down before it begins. No one wants the Masters to be forced to interrupt their great work, Tarkail least of all; that this lets him retain his power behind the scenes is quite a benefit as well.

Role: Controller, Infiltrator, Face, Mage-Killer. He can fulfill many disparate roles by merely changing his veils for the day or possessing a new body, but the common theme is one of deception and control.

Spoiler: previous submission
    Show
    Ferunnos the Hunter should be ready mechanically.
    One of the increasingly rare Zenku Daijing, Ferunnos comes from the stock of ancient guardians and mighty protectors, a tradition which he respects but has found himself turned away from. In times past Zenku would serve as elite bodyguards for high-ranking saktivol, and though some still do, recent shifts in policy have seen Zenku trained to be put to more "active" use in ferreting out threats. Ferunnos' formative pup years were spent honing his musculature and instilling in him the need for order among the lesser races that would keep their dragon overlords from having to descend to chastise the misguided populace once more. His body was prepared to undergo a relatively new procedure, being branded with patterns of pure psionic power, ones that, it was hoped, would enable him to function largely independent of support for months at a time if necessary. Though the brands were only a partial success, Ferunnos has turned into an exemplary enforcer.

In his free time he is given quarters on the lower plateau and mingles with smaller Daijing, moonlighting as a butcher and passing the time gambling good-naturedly with money he doesn't truly need. Among his own kind, his intimidating size and brands are seen more as a curiosity or mark of respect than something which truly separates him from the pack, and though few know the precise nature of his work, they know he is favored by the saktivol. On a mission, though, his friendliness is set aside as though it never was, leaving him either all business with allies or sometimes even taking sadistic glee in the fear he inspires.

Spoiler: Zenku Daijing
    Show
    ZENKU DAIJING (Goushen bred for war) - 41 RP
    Monstrous Humanoid (3)
    Large (+2 Str, -2 Dex) (7)
    Advanced ability scores (+2 Str/Dex/Con, +4 Wis, -2 Cha) (4)
    Xenophobic (0)
    Advanced Strength +2 (4)
    Hardy (+2 saves vs. spells/SLAs/poison) (3)
    Spell Resistance, Greater (11+hd) (3)
    Constant Speak with Animals (2)
    Climb 20 (2)
    Fast +10 (1)
    Bite (1)
    +2 Survival (2)
    Reach (1)
    See in Darkness (4)
    Scent (4)
    Last edited by Da'Shain; 2021-04-01 at 05:08 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315

Link to the discord if anyone is interested: https://discord.gg/ZKgQ76va

16. - Top - End - #316

PirateWench

Still working various bits out while waiting on answers

- Character WIP -

17. - Top - End - #317
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm so down for this after reading the top post. Never tried quadstalt before, but after i catch up on this thread I'd like to put together a submission that mixes a few ideas and 3pp classes that have been on my wish list for a while.

@Marcarius, would you be open to allowing Forrestfire's Avowed class? I know its a long read, but I'll have specific selections in the WIP later.

18. - Top - End - #318

Quote Originally Posted by Math View Post
    I'm so down for this after reading the top post. Never tried quadstalt before, but after i catch up on this thread I'd like to put together a submission that mixes a few ideas and 3pp classes that have been on my wish list for a while.

@Marcarius, would you be open to allowing Forrestfire's Avowed class? I know its a long read, but I'll have specific selections in the WIP later.
    That's fine. I'd prefer if you made a kobold-ally for table 2 if you're going to submit, as that's the table we potentially need another player for.

19. - Top - End - #319

hi is this still recruiting

20. - Top - End - #320

I think we're pretty much full right now; I will probably be opening up a different recruitment for a game set in a previous age of this world.

21. - Top - End - #321

I think we're pretty much full right now; I will probably be opening up a different recruitment for a game set in a previous age of this world if you'd like to check that out when it goes up. It won't be the exact same rules.

22. - Top - End - #322

I well keep my eyes open then thanks