Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 322
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Since no one else has real healing capabilities, I may redo my psion as something with the life sphere.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

    Don't be stupid.

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    greenpotato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    Since no one else has real healing capabilities, I may redo my psion as something with the life sphere.
    My character has 9 talents from the life sphere, and a couple of feats

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Ah, nevermind then. Good to know.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

    Don't be stupid.

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Is there some way of getting armor or something that has lots of hardness and HP? Or at least an object that could be that tough? cause generally speaking I'd be like a ghost in a machine
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo Asylum

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    Is there some way of getting armor or something that has lots of hardness and HP? Or at least an object that could be that tough? cause generally speaking I'd be like a ghost in a machine
    Do you mean something like a wearable secondary health pool / power armor?

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    Do you mean something like a wearable secondary health pool / power armor?
    Nah I mean like a suit of armor if attacked would be able to stand up to damage by itself. Making it out of Adamantine gives me a 20 hardness but I'm likely going to need something more than that.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    Since no one else has real healing capabilities, I may redo my psion as something with the life sphere.
    I have radiant dawn, including the style feats. That gives some pretty powerful hp healing.

    As a Mesmerist, I also have Restoration and Lesser Restoration on my spell list. I didn't select them as spells known (I suspected someone else would be playing a vitalist...) but I could change that fairly easily if needed, and I can always cast them from scrolls.

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    Nah I mean like a suit of armor if attacked would be able to stand up to damage by itself. Making it out of Adamantine gives me a 20 hardness but I'm likely going to need something more than that.
    IIRC the Auracite homebrew system was allowed, and that lets you summon armour. There's a feat you can take multiple times which improves its hardness by 2 each time (starting at 10).

    I'm not saying that's a good way of doing it, but it's an option.

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    Is there some way of getting armor or something that has lots of hardness and HP? Or at least an object that could be that tough? cause generally speaking I'd be like a ghost in a machine
    I would think DSP's Aegis does this, but dunno if you want to invest a quadstalt track to it.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    greenpotato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcarius5555 View Post
    Yes, when anyone finishes a character I can set up a thread on a discord
    Did you make that discord yet?

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Marcarius5555's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting


  12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Starmage21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Added myself to the table
    Player Character Race Classes Description
    pi4t Narwame Aria (Undying amnesiacs) Pactmaker, Mesmerist, Nexus, Aegis Spirit summoner, social manipulator, and learner of hidden knowledge.
    Lochar A1er7 Kinasi (Psionic spider AIs) Psion (telepath), Incanter, Hedgewitch, Unchained Rogue Explorer trying to trade in knowledge
    greenpotato Emija Beastfriend Elan Hunter, Ranger, Alchemist, Incanter Barbarian animal friend with a gun
    Genth Crimson Osprey Kaa'Tulpa Armorist, Stalker, Cryptic, ??? Lost soul of a child turned into a weapon
    Hellfire014 Meed the Tinker Krashyt Voyager, Technician, Armorist, Hedgewitch Timey wimey goblinoid tinker
    Starmage21 A.R.C.H.I.V.E. Ancient Elan Construct Incanter, Prodigy, Armorist, Soul Weaver Soulless Knowledge Gathering Robot
    Last edited by Starmage21; 2021-03-15 at 10:59 AM.
    Currently playing 0 PbP Games!

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nightraiderx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Quote Originally Posted by Starmage21 View Post
    Added myself to the table
    starmage you have to unquote the chart otherwise no one can update it.

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Any thoughts on when you'll be picking players or anything Marcarius?
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

    Don't be stupid.

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Marcarius5555's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    Any thoughts on when you'll be picking players or anything Marcarius?
    it doesn't look like we have any more than 1 table, so I think everyone who made a character can play. I'll divide it into 2 tables if there's too many. You can assume if you make a character you can play.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    I like that answer. :D
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

    Don't be stupid.

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zarthrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Elizabethtown, Kentucky

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Just stumbled across this one.

    So far, after pondering the list of races, I have to ask a question.

    Are medusae available?
    Avatar by niezck1! Thanks!

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Marcarius5555's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarthrax View Post
    Just stumbled across this one.

    So far, after pondering the list of races, I have to ask a question.

    Are medusae available?
    yes -- but w/ everything what you want to do is somehow make them weirder with the additional rp points and give them an in-universe name. For example, the 'kobolds' are called 'Saktivol' and have gem-like armor, breath weapons, and vestigial wings.

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zarthrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Elizabethtown, Kentucky

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Doable.

    One of my favorite 3rd party creatures from D&D was the alabaster maiden, a medusa who had been petrified by her own gaze and animated to undeath. So using the Dreamscarred Press rules for medusae and racial class, I'll add the 41 pts to cover the rest.
    Avatar by niezck1! Thanks!

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Starmage21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightraiderx View Post
    starmage you have to unquote the chart otherwise no one can update it.
    fixed it so that can happen! :D
    Currently playing 0 PbP Games!

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Player Character Race Classes Description
    pi4t Narwame Aria (Undying amnesiacs) Pactmaker, Mesmerist, Nexus, Aegis Spirit summoner, social manipulator, and learner of hidden knowledge.
    Lochar Ivan Ooze Squole (Ooze (Humanoid) Highlord/Armorist/Armiger/Prodigy Criminal trying to bend people to his will
    greenpotato Emija Beastfriend Elan Hunter, Ranger, Alchemist, Incanter Barbarian animal friend with a gun
    Genth Crimson Osprey Kaa'Tulpa Armorist, Stalker, Cryptic, ??? Lost soul of a child turned into a weapon
    Hellfire014 Meed the Tinker Krashyt Voyager, Technician, Armorist, Hedgewitch Timey wimey goblinoid tinker
    Starmage21 A.R.C.H.I.V.E. Ancient Elan Construct Incanter, Prodigy, Armorist, Soul Weaver Soulless Knowledge Gathering Robot

    Changing mine. Squole, Ooze (Humanoid).

    Alteration to the Squole was dropping the elemental resistance and adjusting stat bonuses.

    Advanced base stats: 4rp
    Boneless: 8RP
    Ooze (Humanoid): 7rp

    Advanced Wis 4rp
    Advanced Cha 4rp
    Advanced Wis 5rp
    Advanced Cha 5rp
    Lucky, Greater 4rp

    Vision is granted by a semi-permanent fractal schism from Highlord, and the Tech sphere's vision package.
    Last edited by Lochar; 2021-03-16 at 01:24 PM.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

    Don't be stupid.

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nightraiderx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    So character was a Xeph not abducted once but twice, turned into the half-construct Forgeborn with Elan
    and Xeph characteristics as follows-
    Half-Construct 7 RP
    Natural Psionic and Psionic Aptitude 2 RP
    Essence Born and Bonus Essence 2 RP
    Repletion 2 RP
    Linguist 1 RP
    Aberrant Nature -1
    Natural Armor 2 RP
    Fearless 1 RP
    Natural Source 3 RP
    Essence Born and Bonus Essence 2 RP
    Reconstruction 8 RP
    Advanced 4 RP +4 int -2 cha +2 str/dex/con
    Innate Resistance +2 RP
    Windweaver +2 RP
    Darkvision 60' +4 RP



    Another question- when you shape a veil that has a weapon type, do you have to wield the weapon in order to benefit from the shaped veil? I have two weapon veils but wish to only wield the one veil as a 2-handed melee weapon. but I want to use Dark Shogunate warrior, it says I have to have them shaped but do I have to wield them to consider them shaped?
    Last edited by Nightraiderx; 2021-03-16 at 07:41 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Kismet Star is ratfolk with the following.

    Construct type (20 points)
    Living machine subtype
    ratfolk subtype

    +2 Con +2 Int +2 Dex -2 Str (Advanced Con 4)

    Immortal 1
    Defensive Training, Greater 4
    Prehensile Tail 2
    Quick reactions 2
    Rodent empathy 2
    +2 Craft Alchemy + 2 Perception, +2 UMD (total of 6)
    Swarming 1
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Marcarius5555's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightraiderx View Post
    So character was a Xeph not abducted once but twice, turned into the half-construct Forgeborn with Elan
    and Xeph characteristics as follows-
    Half-Construct 7 RP
    Natural Psionic and Psionic Aptitude 2 RP
    Essence Born and Bonus Essence 2 RP
    Repletion 2 RP
    Linguist 1 RP
    Aberrant Nature -1
    Natural Armor 2 RP
    Fearless 1 RP
    Natural Source 3 RP
    Essence Born and Bonus Essence 2 RP
    Reconstruction 8 RP
    Advanced 4 RP +4 int -2 cha +2 str/dex/con
    Innate Resistance +2 RP
    Windweaver +2 RP
    Darkvision 60' +4 RP



    Another question- when you shape a veil that has a weapon type, do you have to wield the weapon in order to benefit from the shaped veil? I have two weapon veils but wish to only wield the one veil as a 2-handed melee weapon. but I want to use Dark Shogunate warrior, it says I have to have them shaped but do I have to wield them to consider them shaped?
    do as you wish

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Is this thread still recruiting?

    If so, I kind of had this idea for a Time Lord type character. Classes would be as follows:

    - Time Mage, from Final Fantasy d20
    - Voyager, from Psionics
    - Aethernaut, from City of 7 Seraphs
    - Warpmaster, from Gonzo

    Originally this build started off as a gestalt between Voyager and Warpmaster, evolved into a more synergistic gestalt between Voyager and Aethernaut, which evolved into a logical Tristalt with Time Mage (given it was a full caster with no overlapping abilities). As a Quadstalt, Warpmaster was thrown back in mostly for pity purposes, though it did offer some interesting thematic abilities that also have little overlap between classes.

    With all the bonus feats, I'd likely attempt to hyper-focus in Path of War's Riven Hourglass discipline and Spheres of Power's Time Sphere, just to fully explore the theme.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2021-03-21 at 10:39 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Ignore my previous post there, wrong thread!

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Marcarius5555's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    Is this thread still recruiting?

    If so, I kind of had this idea for a Time Lord type character. Classes would be as follows:

    - Time Mage, from Final Fantasy d20
    - Voyager, from Psionics
    - Aethernaut, from City of 7 Seraphs
    - Warpmaster, from Gonzo

    Originally this build started off as a gestalt between Voyager and Warpmaster, evolved into a more synergistic gestalt between Voyager and Aethernaut, which evolved into a logical Tristalt with Time Mage (given it was a full caster with no overlapping abilities). As a Quadstalt, Warpmaster was thrown back in mostly for pity purposes, though it did offer some interesting thematic abilities that also have little overlap between classes.

    With all the bonus feats, I'd likely attempt to hyper-focus in Path of War's Riven Hourglass discipline and Spheres of Power's Time Sphere, just to fully explore the theme.
    still recruiting.

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Thanks for the potential consideration, but reading through things again, I noticed that you said that you were gonna take up to 6 people, and there are already exactly 6 people who have submitted a build. Even if I throw something together in time for consideration, I'll be kicking off somebody who has been waiting for this game longer than I have, so I think I'll just bow out now and let everyone else have their fun. But let me know if you need an extra, ok?

    In other news, I just realized that my build could be massively improved in some ways by replacing Warpmaster with Occultist...though I admit that it looses a bit of the "time" focus. I guess at that point he becomes more of an Archeological Relic Hunter, so to speak. Course, that only matters in the case that you need an extra, so who cares, lol.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2021-03-21 at 06:13 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Marcarius5555's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    Thanks for the potential consideration, but reading through things again, I noticed that you said that you were gonna take up to 6 people, and there are already exactly 6 people who have submitted a build. Even if I throw something together in time for consideration, I'll be kicking off somebody who has been waiting for this game longer than I have, so I think I'll just bow out now and let everyone else have their fun. But let me know if you need an extra, ok?

    In other news, I just realized that my build could be massively improved in some ways by replacing Warpmaster with Occultist...though I admit that it looses a bit of the "time" focus. I guess at that point he becomes more of an Archeological Relic Hunter, so to speak. Course, that only matters in the case that you need an extra, so who cares, lol.
    If i have more than 6, i'll start a second table.

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

    Hi, just wanted to pipe in and say I'd be interested in joining should you still want to start another table. Was planning on a variant asherake who's a shock troop mercenary, employing teleportation and attack negations to get in close and use his prodigious strength where most other denizens of Syranix aren't trained as well to fight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •