Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph Null View Post
    Oh my...do that many different feats even exist lmao
    There are literally 1,000s of feats for PF1e

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

Quote Originally Posted by Marcarius5555 View Post
    There are literally 1,000s of feats for PF1e
    I was joking. That said I have a lot of work to do.

Anyway, did you see my template combo that I'm gonna reflavor as a new species
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

3. - Top - End - #123

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh wow, that's a lot of feats. Are you sure it wouldn't be better to do 2 per level or something? That's the equivalent of 4 normal classes, and should be plenty. Otherwise you're kind of undervaluing bonus feats as class features, and making spheres incredibly powerful as it's based almost entirely on feats...

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by pi4t View Post
    Oh wow, that's a lot of feats. Are you sure it wouldn't be better to do 2 per level or something? That's the equivalent of 4 normal classes, and should be plenty. Otherwise you're kind of undervaluing bonus feats as class features, and making spheres incredibly powerful as it's based almost entirely on feats...
    Nah it's fine, relax and let things be dumb and OP

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Also as someone who *likes* optimization and building weird **** this is getting to the point of being overwhelming even for me, so I feel like you're gonna lose a lot of people to attrition in character creation, and even more people who just get exhausted playing their characters once the game stops. This is definitely a situation where less would be more.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, about 70% of the fighter stuff is just sitting on the wayside for me, along with a decent chunk of gestalt #4 so far. And short of psion spells, I'd like to think I'm fairly complete.

I'm putting together 'Common actions' now, because otherwise I've got too many choices for combat type things.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Lochar, just FYI there are spheres gestalt rules here: http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/gestalt-rules

So no, you wouldn't have a CL of 30. You would have a lotta spell points though

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I figured that out. 63 spell points just between my two Sphere classes.

Spoiler: Couple of standard abilities
    Show

Mental Shuffle: Node Warp. Activation: Spread Out
    Ranged Warp: Long
    Targets: 1 (Mass Teleport up to 6, +1 sp)
    Unwilling Targets: +1 sp, DC 25 Will Save
    Distance Close (Long, +1 sp)
    Adjustments:
    Insight: 2 points, Quick Action
    Quicken Psi: +4sp, Quick Action
    Enlarging Spell: +1sp Double Range

Mental Shuffle: Node Telekinesis. Activation: Stripped Bare
    Range: Long
    Target 1: (Divided Mind: 6 targeted items, +1sp)
    Steal Maneuver. Forceful Telekinesis in effect. Improved and Greater Steal. 1d20+25 CMB
    Easy Mark: Deals 14 damage whenever successful on steal combat maneuver
    Brutal Trickster: Successful Steal combat maneuver, Fort Save DC 25 or staggered for one round.
    Cleaned Out Trick: Whenever you successfully perform a steal combat maneuver, you may steal up to two items from the target of your maneuver instead of one. When you have at least 10 ranks in Sleight of Hand, you may instead steal up to three items.
    Tunnel Vision Trick: Whenever you successfully perform a steal combat maneuver the target must make a successful Reflex save DC 25 or treat all creatures as having concealment until the end of its next turn. When you have at least 10 ranks in Sleight of Hand, this instead becomes total concealment.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    Yeah, I figured that out. 63 spell points just between my two Sphere classes.

Spoiler: Couple of standard abilities
    Show

Mental Shuffle: Node Warp. Activation: Spread Out
    Ranged Warp: Long
    Targets: 1 (Mass Teleport up to 6, +1 sp)
    Unwilling Targets: +1 sp, DC 25 Will Save
    Distance Close (Long, +1 sp)
    Adjustments:

Mental Shuffle: Node Telekinesis. Activation: Stripped Bare
    Range: Long
    Target 1: (Divided Mind: 6 targeted items, +1sp)
    Steal Maneuver. Forceful Telekinesis in effect. Improved and Greater Steal. 1d20+25 CMB
    Easy Mark: Deals 14 damage whenever successful on steal combat maneuver
    Brutal Trickster: Successful Steal combat maneuver, Fort Save DC 25 or staggered for one round.
    Cleaned Out Trick: Whenever you successfully perform a steal combat maneuver, you may steal up to two items from the target of your maneuver instead of one. When you have at least 10 ranks in Sleight of Hand, you may instead steal up to three items.
    Tunnel Vision Trick: Whenever you successfully perform a steal combat maneuver the target must make a successful Reflex save DC 25 or treat all creatures as having concealment until the end of its next turn. When you have at least 10 ranks in Sleight of Hand, this instead becomes total concealment.
    I haven't gone through all the things, but remember that when you perform a maneuver with TK it doesn't originate from you, thus many abilities (essentially whenever it says "you perform a successful steal combat maneuver" etc) do not work with it.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Kaa'Tulpa Race stuff
    Show
    Kaa'Tulpa Racial Traits

Type: Half Construct - 7 RP - The nano-organic bodies of the Kaa'Tulpa are a combination of biological and technological.

Size: Medium - 0RP

Ability Bonus: Advanced, Advanced Constitution, Advanced Dexterity - 12 RP - +2 Strength, +4 Dex, +4 Con, +4 Wis, -2 Cha

Languages: Linguist - 1RP - Syrxkanq, Sapphirix (An old language of Gemstone Dragons)

Natural Armor - 5 RP - +3 Natural Armor

Racial Trait - Quick Reactions - 2RP - Improved Initiative

Racial Trait - Unsubstance - 3 RP - as a swift action, a Kaa'Tulpa can open up their connection to the Outer Chaos, focused through an attack or power. Until the begining of their next turn, any energy damage they deal is converted into the unravelling energies of the Outer Chaos, becoming untyped damage. If a creature is killed by an attack including this damage, they are removed from existance in the same way as a disintegrate spell or disintegration power. The Kaa'Tulpa can do this a number of times per day equal to their character level

Racial Trait - Fractured Spirit - 6 RP - as a move action, the animating spirit of a Kaa'Tulpa can emerge from their body, resembling a spectral child. They gain the Incorporeal subtype and ability. If they take any damage while in spiritual form, or travel more than 400ft+40ft/Level from their body, they are shunted back to their body and staggered for 1 round. They can continue to use any Psionic or Psychic ability while in spiritual form, but cannot access any Akashic or otherwise physical abilities. While in spiritual form they gain the following touch attack:
    Touch of Chaos - Incorporeal Touch - 1d6 Constitution Damage.

Racial Trait - Nano-Organic Frame - 4 RP - Being made from Programmable Nano-Organic hybrid components, the bodies of the Kaa'Tulpa can change and shift as needed. Kaa'Tulpa can select one option from the Abilities Menu B of the Metamorphosis Power and apply it permanently to themselves. Once per day, when they rest, they can choose to change this option, however it does not become active until 8 hours of rest as the body needs time to adjust and grow the needed parts. This is considered an Akashic/Cybertech ability.

Ok, now to build the character yay!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Still working on race, but the charactwr planned is an Alchemist//Aberrant aegis focused on debuffs and sneak attacks.

13. - Top - End - #133

BardGuy

I had JUST decided on the classes I wanted for the quadstalt... then I realized that its been confirmed to be gestalt. Doh.

Now I'm not entirely sure of what I want to build.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

After re-reading the fluff about magic, a veilweaver is much closer to the character I want, instead of an Aegis

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    I had JUST decided on the classes I wanted for the quadstalt... then I realized that its been confirmed to be gestalt. Doh.

Now I'm not entirely sure of what I want to build.
    Is it? The first post still says quadstalt.

Can we get an update on what the full build rules are, Marcarius5555?

16. - Top - End - #136

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post

I was intending 0 items or very close. I've run more than one online game for 1 year or more, one for over 2 years, but I've also had a number fail right out the gate (probably everyone has). I wouldn't assume either of those was equivalent to getting through 5 or 6 parts of an AP at the rate we were going honestly, so I'm going to go with 10th level gestalt.
    hello there. :)

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Immediately followed by

I mean, what does everyone think? On the one hand, I'm like 'let's go crazy, I've never even gotten to try this before'. One the other hand, I have no idea how that'd work in practice and I can't promise it won't break everything. We're going to have to do some practice runs of combats before we start before I attempt this in game anyway, b/c the ranged element and some of the abilities need to be considered before I just try to wing it.

And just to be clear, I think that would be 10th level quadstalt -- is everyone willing to put the time in to make that? Are they okay if I throw creatures with 5,000 hitpoints at them to deal with that?
    Okay, let's have everyone who wants to play make a new post voting for 10th level gestalt or quadstalt.

18. - Top - End - #138

BardGuy

*headdesk* this is what I get for just skimming through previous posts.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    I haven't gone through all the things, but remember that when you perform a maneuver with TK it doesn't originate from you, thus many abilities (essentially whenever it says "you perform a successful steal combat maneuver" etc) do not work with it.
    Hah, time to rethink that fourth class completely then.

Don't be stupid.

20. - Top - End - #140

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post

I've been updating them in one of the posts at the beginning of the thread

21. - Top - End - #141

As I said, I would much prefer it if we didn't have quite as many feats, getting the usual number times the number of classes. Then the feats-to-class abilities ratio wouldn't get thrown off too badly. As it is, I feel like I'm just going to pick every feat that's remotely related, meaning interesting build choices get trivialised.

If anyone wants more feats, they can always include Fighter and/or True Professional Rogue in their quadstalt.

Edit: On another topic, I don't think this has been a problem yet, but now that we have people looking at Spheres and others looking at Path of War: you should be made aware that Spheres of Might and Path of War do not mix well. Or rather, they mix way, way too well because they change the action economy in ways that aren't meant to be used together. Both start by saying "The attack action is useless compared to full attacking" and try to solve it. Path of War does it by saying "Let's replace the attack action with strikes that are equivalent to a full attack, and then let the attack action be used more easily e.g. in AoOs." Spheres of Might says "Let's buff the attack action to be equal in power to a full attack."

I trust you can see the problem. Either works fine on its own, but you absolutely have to ban using them together. It's even the designers' official advice on the subject.
    Last edited by pi4t; 2021-03-04 at 07:59 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142

As I said, I would much prefer it if we didn't have quite as many feats, getting the usual number times the number of classes. Then the feats-to-class abilities ratio wouldn't get thrown off too badly. As it is, I feel like I'm just going to pick every feat that's remotely related, meaning interesting build choices get trivialised.

If anyone wants more feats, they can always include Fighter and/or True Professional Rogue in their quadstalt.

Edit: On another topic, I don't think this has been a problem yet, but now that we have people looking at Spheres and others looking at Path of War: you should be made aware that Spheres of Might and Path of War do not mix well. Or rather, they mix way, way too well because they change the action economy in ways that aren't meant to be used together. Both start by saying "The attack action is useless compared to full attacking" and try to solve it. Path of War does it by saying "Let's replace the attack action with strikes that are equivalent to a full attack, and then let the attack action be used more easily e.g. in AoOs." Spheres of Might says "Let's buff the attack action to be equal in power to a full attack."

I trust you can see the problem. Either works fine on its own, but you absolutely have to ban using them together. It's even the designers' official advice on the subject.
    That seems like a reasonable restrict to me. Is everyone okay with that?

23. - Top - End - #143

Just to alert everyone, I reserved the first 3 posts in this thread for my own use. I've been posting build rules and updates as they get tweaked in post #3 on the first page.

24. - Top - End - #144

Do you mind if I use a google sheets character sheet? Myth-weavers sheets are good, but there's really not enough space for a game of this complexity, and there's no way to add notes keeping track of where all the modifiers are coming from.

25. - Top - End - #145

Do you mind if I use a google sheets character sheet? Myth-weavers sheets are good, but there's really not enough space for a game of this complexity, and there's no way to add notes keeping track of where all the modifiers are coming from.
    I don't care what you use as long as it works for you.

26. - Top - End - #146

ClericGuy

Actually, yes. I was starting to feel overwhelmed

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Fine by me.

Also, swapping out conscript for a spheres rogue made my build make a hell of a lot more sense.

Don't be stupid.

28. - Top - End - #148

ClericGuy

Fine by me.

Also, swapping out conscript for a spheres rogue made my build make a hell of a lot more sense.
    Wish I was familiar with spheres

29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hah, time to rethink that fourth class completely then.
    The Vector (Symbiat archetype) does get to treat Telekinesis as normal for Scoundrel/Wrestling/Brute talents while they're using Kinetic Overload

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arael666 View Post
    Wish I was familiar with spheres
    I wasn't until this. I just kinda threw myself at it. Want some pointers?

Don't be stupid.