Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    I wasn't until this. I just kinda threw myself at it. Want some pointers?
    Thank you, but don't really think I have the time to throw myself at it right now. Gonna stick with what I know already

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

Hey Marcarius, just in general thought?

How does the Junket keep people from escaping with things like quarter mile teleports?
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey Marcarius, just in general thought?

How does the Junket keep people from escaping with things like quarter mile teleports?
    Funny you ask that b/c I was thinking about a post to explain how your characters even got apprehended in the first place.

The Psiquisition has technology or some kind of ability that allows it to cover an area with a dampening field that prevents the use of abilities linked to the mind, soul, or spirit. The prison is also subject to this 'null zone', so the first thing you'll have to figure out is how to work around that to get away.

4. - Top - End - #154

From some reason my googledrive just stopped producing file previews for images. Can everyone please check to see if they can open this map?

Vexagorth--Syranix Region
    Last edited by Marcarius5555; 2021-03-04 at 03:56 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Marcarius5555 View Post
    From some reason my googledrive just stopped producing file previews for images. Can everyone please check to see if they can open this map?

Vexagorth--Syranix Region
    I can't get a preview for it. Might be too big, it's 80mb that's pretty huge?

6. - Top - End - #156

Can you open it and view it without too much difficulty? Usually a preview will be generated for anything 150mb and smaller, but I might have to upload files and just have players download them, or just relegate a bunch of stuff to theater of the mind or description if I can't get things uploaded anymore.
    Last edited by Marcarius5555; 2021-03-04 at 04:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Funny you ask that b/c I was thinking about a post to explain how your characters even got apprehended in the first place.

The Psiquisition has technology or some kind of ability that allows it to cover an area with a dampening field that prevents the use of abilities linked to the mind, soul, or spirit. The prison is also subject to this 'null zone', so the first thing you'll have to figure out is how to work around that to get away.
    *checks rogue talents*

Drat, that one's Su. I was hoping to make you figure out how to hold something that could count itself as Fine sized for Escape Artist checks. LOL
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Can you open it and view it without too much difficulty?
    There's a hell of a zoom-in requirement on it. You're going to have to chop it up a bit if you want players to use it as a map.

Don't be stupid.

9. - Top - End - #159

There's a hell of a zoom-in requirement on it. You're going to have to chop it up a bit if you want players to use it as a map.
    I'm not really sure there's a way to do that, I may just have to give up on city and region maps and just do battlemaps.

EDIT: I just tried to crop a piece out of it, which was 14mb and it still doesn't work. I'll upload stuff if anyone wants to look at it, but it seems like it's just broken for now. I'm not really sure it matters anyway since there's just desert.
    Last edited by Marcarius5555; 2021-03-04 at 04:19 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Kinda pushing the limits here, but...if I take a false priest sorcerer archetype, with the psychic bloodline - Could I get access to scrolls with divine spells which I cast as psychics?

The idea is some sort of hermit who tries to write himself into godhood, sorta.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    Kinda pushing the limits here, but...if I take a false priest sorcerer archetype, with the psychic bloodline - Could I get access to scrolls with divine spells which I cast as psychics?

The idea is some sort of hermit who tries to write himself into godhood, sorta.
    Fairly certain nothing divine exists anymore, or the gods.

Don't be stupid.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

I've been updating them in one of the posts at the beginning of the thread
    I recommend just updating the first post with rules, makes it easiest for everyone to find them.

Anyway I still kinda wanna do the psychic werewolf, so I'll just need good mobility options for dealing with laser gatling guns in bunkers.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    I recommend just updating the first post with rules, makes it easiest for everyone to find them.

Anyway I still kinda wanna do the psychic werewolf, so I'll just need good mobility options for dealing with laser gatling guns in bunkers.
    I can place you in the fight, no issue. Even easier than needing a save or suck for them.

You could also just pick up warp with pouncing teleport.

Does anyone else have a character sheet even semi-ready? I'd love something to compare against.
    Last edited by Lochar; 2021-03-04 at 06:52 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

BardGuy

Since this is a high-tech game, and we're using Akasha as Cybertech, are other things from Arcforge: Technology Expanded available? It looks like a lot (if not all) of the stuff from it is on the pfsrd, at least the stuff I'm looking at using.

I know what I want to create, I just don't know how I want to build it. I'm envisioning a speedy little grease-monkey with an emphasis on building, repairing, manipulating, and flash-forging equipment, bringing out the best in her gear. In combat, would generally fight in or alongside a suit of power armor.

*The following assumes rules and features from Archforge: Technology Evolved.

Spoiler: My thoughts on what to take.
    Show
    Metronome Crossfire Voyager//???//???//???

Metronome Crossfire Voyager - Speedy class, with various ways of enhancing myself, improving my attacks, or skillmonkey ability. Been wanting to play a voyager for a while, so this stays (if the class is allowed).

The following classes are ones I am looking at to fill the other three slots.

Reactor Knight* Psychic Warrior: Best bonded mech and gives more PP to work with, but adds MAD.

Helmsman* - Akashic class that also gives a free bonded mech.

Spheres:
    Casting Tradition: likely Akashic.
    Main spheres of note:
    Might - Alchemy(Crafted Bombs & Pharmaceuticals), Trap(mines), Tech(turrets & tinkering), Barrage & Sniper(for the guns)
    Power - Technomancy(power/control equipment, hacking), Creation(flash-forging), would need to give it more thought

Technician - King of tinkering, gets the most Technical Insights, for a larger scope of inventions. Can make mechs, but not actual power armor, unlike the mech rules.
    Inventioneer Armorist - 2nd best at tinkering iirc, and the thought of pulling out an oversized heavy weapon or fully functional vehicle out of nowhere amuses me.
    Hedgewitch - with the sheer amount of feats available this game, there is little a Hedgewitch can't do. Thinking Magonian(vehicle control) & Temporal Traveler(deeds) for paths.
    Ordained Hunter Sphere Inquisitor - Loses Judgement abilities, gains a Kismet pool & deeds. Combine with Hedgewitch for a lucky character.

Currently thinking Metronome Crossfire Voyager//Inventioneer Armorist//Hedgewitch//Rigger Technician.

PS: Library of Metzofitz is a good resource for akasha and psionics .

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    Since this is a high-tech game, and we're using Akasha as Cybertech, are other things from Arcforge: Technology Expanded available? It looks like a lot (if not all) of the stuff from it is on the pfsrd, at least the stuff I'm looking at using.

I know what I want to create, I just don't know how I want to build it. I'm envisioning a speedy little grease-monkey with an emphasis on building, repairing, manipulating, and flash-forging equipment, bringing out the best in her gear. In combat, would generally fight in or alongside a suit of power armor.

*The following assumes rules and features from Archforge: Technology Evolved.

Spoiler: My thoughts on what to take.
    Show
    Metronome Crossfire Voyager//???//???//???

Metronome Crossfire Voyager - Speedy class, with various ways of enhancing myself, improving my attacks, or skillmonkey ability. Been wanting to play a voyager for a while, so this stays (if the class is allowed).

The following classes are ones I am looking at to fill the other three slots.

Reactor Knight* Psychic Warrior: Best bonded mech and gives more PP to work with, but adds MAD.

Helmsman* - Akashic class that also gives a free bonded mech.

Spheres:
    Casting Tradition: likely Akashic.
    Main spheres of note:
    Might - Alchemy(Crafted Bombs & Pharmaceuticals), Trap(mines), Tech(turrets & tinkering), Barrage & Sniper(for the guns)
    Power - Technomancy(power/control equipment, hacking), Creation(flash-forging), would need to give it more thought

Technician - King of tinkering, gets the most Technical Insights, for a larger scope of inventions. Can make mechs, but not actual power armor, unlike the mech rules.
    Inventioneer Armorist - 2nd best at tinkering iirc, and the thought of pulling out an oversized heavy weapon or fully functional vehicle out of nowhere amuses me.
    Hedgewitch - with the sheer amount of feats available this game, there is little a Hedgewitch can't do. Thinking Magonian(vehicle control) & Temporal Traveler(deeds) for paths.
    Ordained Hunter Sphere Inquisitor - Loses Judgement abilities, gains a Kismet pool & deeds. Combine with Hedgewitch for a lucky character.

Currently thinking Metronome Crossfire Voyager//Inventioneer Armorist//Hedgewitch//Rigger Technician.

PS: Library of Metzofitz is a good resource for akasha and psionics .
    You can use stuff from Arkforfe

16. - Top - End - #166

ClericGuy

Well, here it is, this is my proposition for the race I want to play

Aasu race (Advanced Assault Special Unit)

An Aasu is a colective of minuscule robots, kept together in a sturdy and cohesive structure by psychic energy. It is said that the psychic energy resonationg from each individual machine is what gives an Aasu sentience, it is also said that they are not really conscious of their actions, they just are programed to think they are.

An Aasu appearance may vary extensively, his shape varying accordinly to each individual's abilities and psyche. While an Aasu can learn to alter his own form, by comanding the nanomachines which compose his body, this is not an ability that every single one has shown and may vary in how drastic the change can be.

What is, in fact, comon to every Aasu is their psychic core whose psionic energy is what maintains the Aasu's body whole. Without it, death is certain even if not imediate.

Standard Racial Traits
    Type: Construct. Aasu are constructs with the clockwork subtype (20rp)
    Size: Aasu are Large creatures and thus receive gain a +2 size bonus to Strength and a 2 size penalty to Dexterity. Large races take a 1 size penalty to their AC, a 1 size penalty on attack rolls, a +1 bonus on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a 4 size penalty on Stealth checks. A Large creature takes up a space that is 10 feet by 10 feet and has a reach of 5 feet. (7rp)
    Base Speed: Aasu have a base speed of 30 feet (0rp)
    Ability Score Modifiers: Aasu are as strong as the metal that composes them and the processing speed of their nano machine body makes them highly inteligent. They gain +6 Strength, +4 Intelligence, and 2 Charisma. (advanced ability scores 4rp - +2 STR, +2 DEX, +4 INT, -2 CHA; advanced Strength 4rp - +2 STR; large size +2 STR, -2 DEX)
    Fast healing 1: each nanomachine perpetually repairs it's neighbors, and given time an Aasu may repair even the most grievous wounds. (6rp)
    Last edited by Arael666; 2021-03-04 at 08:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167

BardGuy

Considering how common laser guns are, would it be safe to assume that its Guns Everywhere, therefore all (non-Heavy Weapon) firearms are simple weapons?

18. - Top - End - #168

Ill make an app for this

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

I can place you in the fight, no issue. Even easier than needing a save or suck for them.

You could also just pick up warp with pouncing teleport.

Does anyone else have a character sheet even semi-ready? I'd love something to compare against.
    I'm still assembling, but right now I'm looking at moonlight meditant soulknife with drifting lotus. I am going to have a TON of movement speed combined with teleportation.

20. - Top - End - #170

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    Considering how common laser guns are, would it be safe to assume that its Guns Everywhere, therefore all (non-Heavy Weapon) firearms are simple weapons?
    Yes, but someone asked else asked if we're using guns everywhere or the technology guide rules. I wasn't aware there was a difference, but if there is, we'll use the technology guide.

21. - Top - End - #171

Quote Originally Posted by greenpotato View Post
    Ill make an app for this
    I think we have 3 for the kobold/githyanki/goushen table, do you want to make another character for that. I'm thinking more about this and I think the two table idea could be really fun.

22. - Top - End - #172

I think we have 3 for the kobold/githyanki/goushen table, do you want to make another character for that. I'm thinking more about this and I think the two table idea could be really fun.
    Skimming the thread I didnt see any sheets.
    I can.
    Im making an alchemist/alchemy beast master themed character.
    Last edited by greenpotato; 2021-03-05 at 01:12 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

If a feat has racial prereqs for a creature type that doesn't exist in the setting (specificaly, demonic posession), could I take it anyway?

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ok, so I'm thinking

Armorist (As Akasha, manipulating thier own nano-organic cybertech to form weapons etc)//Stalker (PoW with Solar Wind and Tempest Gale)//Either a Cryptic or a Mesmerist, as the Outer Chaos driving its way into their foes.* //Not sure. Perhaps a Gunslinger, or possibly a straight rogue to round out things.

*I'm leaning Mesmerist, as Cryptic requires many of its deleterious effects to be a seperate action while a Mesmerist adds them to its normal attacks. OTOH Mesmerists are CHA based casters and for good reason, my Kaa'Tulpa have a penalty to Cha. Hmm, would Conductive work on Disrupt Pattern? Actually I think it might. That could work.

Y'know given the coding of Psychic Magic as 'Spirit', Mesmerist would be better despite the Cha penalty.
    Last edited by Genth; 2021-03-05 at 02:30 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    If a feat has racial prereqs for a creature type that doesn't exist in the setting (specificaly, demonic posession), could I take it anyway?
    Jumping on this for a feat that's tied to an organization, but not mechanically.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Can I suggest we throw in Starfinder's basic weapons and equipment too, with a 1:1 credits to GP ratio.
    Caveat: for abilities that summon weapons like Call Weaponry in Psionics, the limit for item level is character level+2, the same as if you were "buying it in a major settlement"?

Link here: https://www.starjammersrd.com/equipment/
    Last edited by Genth; 2021-03-05 at 05:16 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177

Yes, but someone asked else asked if we're using guns everywhere or the technology guide rules. I wasn't aware there was a difference, but if there is, we'll use the technology guide.
    Guns everywhere brings the technology level up to modern firearms. The technology guide adds "tech-y" weapons (and gear more generally). But it's priced for a "lost tech relics in a fantasy world" setting. For example, a basic laser pistol costs 10000gp, and the generators required to recharge it are considered artifacts.

Those generators are also pretty inefficient: the best (a fission reactor) only produces enough to charge 100 laser pistols 10 shots per day.

There's an interesting dynamic with laser pistols. The main technological armour seems to be scatterlight suits. They function like padded armour, but give a big touch AC bonus against beam weapons like laser pistols (the exact amount depends on which version of the suit you buy). So against someone wearing a scatterlight suit, it's actually better to attack with a conventional weapon.
    Last edited by pi4t; 2021-03-05 at 07:38 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Going

Unbodied Wraith | Soring Blade Armorist | Either Darkness Defender or Dimensional Defender Sentinel | Warden or Fighter?

Focusing on stuff like combat reflexes and reflecting attacks back at the enemy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Triskavanski; 2021-03-05 at 08:10 AM.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by pi4t View Post
    Guns everywhere brings the technology level up to modern firearms. The technology guide adds "tech-y" weapons (and gear more generally). But it's priced for a "lost tech relics in a fantasy world" setting. For example, a basic laser pistol costs 10000gp, and the generators required to recharge it are considered artifacts.

Those generators are also pretty inefficient: the best (a fission reactor) only produces enough to charge 100 laser pistols 10 shots per day.

There's an interesting dynamic with laser pistols. The main technological armour seems to be scatterlight suits. They function like padded armour, but give a big touch AC bonus against beam weapons like laser pistols (the exact amount depends on which version of the suit you buy). So against someone wearing a scatterlight suit, it's actually better to attack with a conventional weapon.
    Is there anything that prices it like it's Starfinder level tech

30. - Top - End - #180

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    Can I suggest we throw in Starfinder's basic weapons and equipment too, with a 1:1 credits to GP ratio.
    Caveat: for abilities that summon weapons like Call Weaponry in Psionics, the limit for item level is character level+2, the same as if you were "buying it in a major settlement"?

Link here: https://www.starjammersrd.com/equipment/
    I was basically going to handwave money/credits and just have everyone equip w/ what they imagined for their character