Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    If a feat has racial prereqs for a creature type that doesn't exist in the setting (specificaly, demonic posession), could I take it anyway?
    Maybe we can homebrew something equivalent -- cut and paste it for me. We could have something like possession by Black Tapestry or Outer Chaos entities.
    Last edited by Marcarius5555; 2021-03-05 at 08:24 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Shadows of the Final Dawn AP: Homebrew Psionic, Psychic, Akashic Sci-Fi Setting

Expressing interest. Would it be possible ro play an Aboleth? I dont know if you could cram it into a 41pt race, vut maybe something like Oslecamo's Monster Class?

3. - Top - End - #183

Aboleth work, though you have to make it 41 pts. You can make up a monster class that portions out some of the features over levels if you want.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marcarius5555 View Post
    I was basically going to handwave money/credits and just have everyone equip w/ what they imagined for their character
    I thought you were doing 0 items? Or is that just general 0 'magic' items?
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    I thought you were doing 0 items? Or is that just general 0 'magic' items?
    magical items; everyone has laser guns and mech armor whatever

6. - Top - End - #186

Two questions:

1) Does everyone get Technologist for free?

2) Can I use this third party feat? If so, does it also count for simple weapons? (Rogue Genius isn't the best at proofreading...) I wouldn't normally care (I have proficiency with martial weapons) but if lasers are simple...
    Last edited by pi4t; 2021-03-05 at 11:27 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187

ClericGuy

magical items; everyone has laser guns and mech armor whatever
    is there A link where we can find these items? I'm not familiar with them

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Arael666 View Post
    is there A link where we can find these items? I'm not familiar with them
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/cybertech/
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/t...cal-equipment/

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by pi4t View Post
    Two questions:

1) Does everyone get Technologist for free?

2) Can I use this third party feat? If so, does it also count for simple weapons? (Rogue Genius isn't the best at proofreading...) I wouldn't normally care (I have proficiency with martial weapons) but if lasers are simple...
    Yeah I suppose everyone should have that for free given the setting, I'll update later.

Just to clarify, your contention is that this feat is written incorrectly and they intended to write something else?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Is there anything that prices it like it's Starfinder level tech
    I was basically going to handwave money/credits and just have everyone equip w/ what they imagined for their character
    Then I suggest just using Starfinder Weapons.

11. - Top - End - #191

Yeah I suppose everyone should have that for free given the setting, I'll update later.

Just to clarify, your contention is that this feat is written incorrectly and they intended to write something else?
    My contention is that there's no reason to have it work for martial weapons and not simple ones. And it's rather inconvenient when there aren't any modern weapons that aren't simple due to guns everywhere rules.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Regarding the Oaths etc, is it the contention that we're getting Pathfinder's Automatic Bonus Progression AND Chopping Down the Christmas Tree AND the Oaths system?

ABP and Chopping down the Christmas Tree are kinda incompatible mechancially, since they both do the same thing. Can I suggest choosing one or the other? I have no preference for which. Oaths as an add on is fine as it's hella flexible.

Actually given the 'no magic items' idea, I'd actually suggest just using Chopping down the Tree and Oaths, since ABP only really works if Magic Items are still a thing.
    Last edited by Genth; 2021-03-05 at 03:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193

I think the abp and Christmas tree are remnants of an earlier version of the post.

14. - Top - End - #194

I had them listed as something I'm going to take elements from in addition to the Oaths. I need to look at it again and decide exactly what to do.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

I had them listed as something I'm going to take elements from in addition to the Oaths. I need to look at it again and decide exactly what to do.
    So I built with the consideration of Oath and ABP, but ABP is easy enough to remove. (Sorry, thought were were getting both!)

It's 11 Oath points to duplicate everything of ABP. (2 points Enhanced Abilities, 3 points enhanced armaments, 4 points enhanced defenses, 1 point inhuman resilience, 1 point shielding) Oath enhanced defenses are better than armor attunement, too.

You don't get the legendary gifts at 19th/20th level, but you can always just hand those out if/when we are that level.

That even leaves 4 Oath points for additional stuff.

12 level ABP (No-magic you go as if two levels higher)
    +4 to one Physical Score
    +4 to one Mental Score
    +2 deflection
    +3 resistance
    +2 Armor Attunement (Splits between armor shield)
    +2 Weapon Attunement
    +1 Natural Armor

10th level Oaths as above
    +2/+2/+4 to stats (That's 3 different stats, or +2 to four different ones. You can stack bonuses starting at 10)
    +2 Deflection
    +3 resistance
    +4 weapon
    +4 armor
    +4 shield
    +2 Natural Armor
    Last edited by Lochar; 2021-03-05 at 04:37 PM.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

16. - Top - End - #196

Is there actually any thing in either chopping x tree or abp that's not covered by oaths? I love with tinkering with all kind of systems, but really I've learned that, after a certain point, characters don't even use stuff if there are too many. For example, I've run games with hero points and healing surges that never got used b/c they were just one of a lot of different things players had access to. Would it make sense just to give some more Oath points instead of combing it with either of those other systems?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Is there actually any thing in either chopping x tree or abp that's not covered by oaths? I love with tinkering with all kind of systems, but really I've learned that, after a certain point, characters don't even use stuff if there are too many. For example, I've run games with hero points and healing surges that never got used b/c they were just one of a lot of different things players had access to. Would it make sense just to give some more Oath points instead of combing it with either of those other systems?
    As above, you can actually replaced the entirety of ABP with Oaths and still have points to spare.

Chopping down is pretty much the same, except there's a handful of bonus feats and some semi-interesting feats.

Going with 15 Oath points and allowing the feats from Chopping down would probably be fine. Just note that Oaths and chopping feats don't stack where applicable (Fast healing oath and Feat, for example)

Granted, I'd love more Oath points in that case because I'm going to have to walk back some of my silly levels of skills, but oh well.

Don't be stupid.

18. - Top - End - #198

As above, you can actually replaced the entirety of ABP with Oaths and still have points to spare.

Chopping down is pretty much the same, except there's a handful of bonus feats and some semi-interesting feats.

Going with 15 Oath points and allowing the feats from Chopping down would probably be fine. Just note that Oaths and chopping feats don't stack where applicable (Fast healing oath and Feat, for example)

Granted, I'd love more Oath points in that case because I'm going to have to walk back some of my silly levels of skills, but oh well.
    How many Oath points does everyone want?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

How many Oath points does everyone want?
    15 seems reasonable. Oath benefits go across all the classes so it's not like we need more of them to service more classes a la feats.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    15 seems reasonable. Oath benefits go across all the classes so it's not like we need more of them to service more classes a la feats.
    Agreed. I'm just being greedy.

Don't be stupid.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

So with all these mini questions about feats and making X thing do Y, can I suggest to the players that we just go ahead and do what we want. If things require a bending of the rules, we make a note of it and can discuss it after in one go.

For example. I wanna be able to add the Conductive property to my Summoned and Bound weapons through the Armorist class. The armorist class has a bunch of extra properties not included in the table, available as Armorist Tricks. Seems reasonable to me to make a AT that grants the Conductive property. So I will do it and make a note, and then after we're done building, we can do a once over of all those things.

22. - Top - End - #202

Yeah, if we could just hold some of these questions, I'll make a discord at the right time and we can do them all in one fell swoop in real time more efficiently

EDIT: updated build rules again to account for recent discussion
    Last edited by Marcarius5555; 2021-03-05 at 05:43 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203

BardGuy

I kinda like the looks of Chopping Down the Xmas Tree, because you get +competence in everything, not just a specific weapon/armor. I also like the gift/knack feats.

On the other hand, instead of a +6 to all stats, its +4 to all, with an additional +10 to two, as innate level up bonuses. That can still get a temporary Enhancement or Size bonus.

At least Enhancement bonus durations were toned down.

I'm fine with that, though I think I still prefer the competence bonuses over the relevant oaths. (Enhanced Defenses, Enhanced Armaments, 1/2 of Inhuman Resilience)

Too late to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    So with all these mini questions about feats and making X thing do Y, can I suggest to the players that we just go ahead and do what we want. If things require a bending of the rules, we make a note of it and can discuss it after in one go.

For example. I wanna be able to add the Conductive property to my Summoned and Bound weapons through the Armorist class. The armorist class has a bunch of extra properties not included in the table, available as Armorist Tricks. Seems reasonable to me to make a AT that grants the Conductive property. So I will do it and make a note, and then after we're done building, we can do a once over of all those things.
    That sounds good to me.

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    I kinda like the looks of Chopping Down the Xmas Tree, because you get +competence in everything, not just a specific weapon/armor. I also like the gift/knack feats.

On the other hand, instead of a +6 to all stats, its +4 to all, with an additional +10 to two, as innate level up bonuses. That can still get a temporary Enhancement or Size bonus.

I'm fine with that, though I think I still prefer the competence bonuses over the relevant oaths. (Enhanced Defenses, Enhanced Armaments, 1/2 of Inhuman Resilience)

Too late to comment.

That sounds good to me.
    I'm saying you can pick the feats from x-mas tree still, is there some other part of it you really wanted to use.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

If we are to have access to Starfinder Weapons, as I think we should (Wider range, some cool effects) we need to decide how we factor them into feats like Weapon Focus etc with the Elephant Rules making them apply to a weapon Group.

We have two option:

1) The groups are the weapon class - Pistol, Longarm, Heavy
    2) The groups are the type - Cryo, Laser, Plasma etc

I think that option 1) makes the most sense, so that's what I'm gonna use for now. Any objections?

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post

Too late to comment.

That sounds good to me.
    The weapon/armor enhancements in Oaths can be changed in an hour, and let you change out the enhancement bonuses for named bonuses. So instead of a +4 at start of game, you can have a +1 Speed or similar.

Don't be stupid.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Assuming most of the base rules don't change any time soon...

A1er7, Seeker of Knowledge (The Mental impression of his actual name translate as Alert)

A Kinasi Psion(Telepath)//Incanter//Hedgewitch//Unchained Rogue Treasure Seeker.
    Spoiler: Stat Block
    Show

A1er7, Seeker of Knowledge
    TN Kisani See notes, Level 10, Init 7, HP 119/119, Speed
    AC 45, Touch 33, Flat-footed 38, CMD 33, Fort 6, Ref 19, Will 15, CMB +11/+6, Base Attack Bonus 7/2, Power Points 153/153
    Weapon Finesse, Improved Unarmed Strike Spider leg poke +4 20/15 (1d3+12, )
    Inertial Armor (+10 Armor, +5 Dex, +2 Size, +3 Natural, +2 Deflect, +11 Misc)
    Abilities Str 4, Dex 20, Con -, Int 28, Wis 12, Cha 18
    Condition None
    Spellpoints: 82/82
    Inspiration: 8/8 (add 1d6 to a skill check)
    Insight: 9/9

I'm missing a handful of combat fighter bonus feats, I'll probably shoehorn dumb things in there at this point. Maybe Greater Grapple from the Tiny spider? I'll pin you by your Achilles heel!

Forty or fifty years ago, A1er7 came to Syranix, looking to expand his knowledge of the world. The impression of his creation pushed him to master knowledge of the physical land at the time, and he came with hundreds of maps drawn of a large portion of the area. He sought to learn of Syranix and it's unique phantasuds phenomenon. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but A1er7 was willing to trade in knowledge of the outside world.

The Psiquisition would prefer he didn't. A1er7 didn't really care, as people were willing to trade in 'contraband' knowledge. Between his size and impressive teleportation skills, it took several years for the Psiquisition to corner him, primarily with a trap that was supposed to be some unique knowledge of one of the Ametrine dragons. What the Psiquisition actually had was a mobile Anti Psionic device. Apparently rare as it hadn't been their first goto in the years they were after him, he was quickly moved to the Gaaz'sak'vaa where he has been held since.

Most of the newer captives think of A1er7 as something other than a sentient, as his telepathy is suppressed and the Kinasi normally isn't interested in working his self-configuration into normal speech mode.

Locked away in his suppressed extradimensional storage are dozens if not hundreds of maps, at least half a century out of date. What else, the Psiquisition doesn't know and while they know the destruction of A1er7 would release those items, to do so would require his death outside a suppression zone and it's not been worth the risk of bringing him back out once more.

Marcarius, quit changing your lore! I had to figure out your new jail name. :P
    Last edited by Lochar; 2021-03-05 at 09:44 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208

Working on Emija Beastfriend.
    Alchemist / Hunter / Ranger / Incanter

Her first life is unknown to her.
    Awaking as an Elan in a small ruined castle. All the other Elans had been slain, there were bodies everywhere. But whomever had killed them had left Emija alive.
    Perhaps they thought she was no threat?
    Perhaps they assumed she was already dead?
    Emija was found by wandering desert nomads who had traded with the Elan commune. They took her in but could tell her nothing of her past or her people. It is they who gave her her name.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Probably want to bump your Elan race up to 41 points if you haven't already.

And your fast heal is half character level, not full.
    Last edited by Lochar; 2021-03-05 at 09:03 PM.

Don't be stupid.

30. - Top - End - #210

Since we're posting character sheets: Narwame. (The "e" is a syllable of its own - Nar-wam-eh. It should technically have an umlaut on it, but I can't be bothered to include that every time I write my character's name so I'm going to assume it vanished at some point in the past.)

Class and racial abilities are recorded. I still need to pick feats, and spells and maneuvers. And skills. And figure out my standard astral suit configuration, veils, and spirits. And figure out the formatting for most of that. And pick equipment.

And that's not even getting into backstory.

Basically, I have a lot to do still.