New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default When is eldrich heritage worth it?

So, in a campaign of mine I play a witch and, since it fits the character concept, plan to dip Loremaster for the sweet boni to knowledge.

One of the prerequisites is Skill focus (knowledge x) and since that feat is otherwise rather lackluster, I'm searching for something to use it for: this was when I stumbled upon Eldritch Heritage.

The highlight to take would obviously be the arcane bloodline to get a familiar, but witches already have one. Can't have another or a bonded item, can't you?
    Nearly everything else seems to be weak blasting- to weak to take as a feat around level 13. Am I missing something? Is any bloodline ability worth taking through Eldritch Heritage?

Currently playing:
    Gardin Farawyn Saskeon of Efteria, Elven Bard und Oracle
    Faire Camoretta, Halfling Monk.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: When is eldrich heritage worth it?

I think the idea is to power through it to the other feats in the Eldritch heritage tree.

Light the lamp not the rat LIGHT THE LAMP NOT THE RAT!!!

3. - Top - End - #3

The question of whether something is "worth it" depends on what the alternatives you are considering are. Without that information, it's effectively impossible to give a meaningful answer about whether or not some particular option is "worth it" or not. So: if you don't take Eldritch Heritage, what might you do with those feats instead?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

You can also try and use the Frog God's Fane legendary site to get Skill Focus (Knowledge (Religion)) for like 3k gold (assuming your DM lets you)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

The question of whether something is "worth it" depends on what the alternatives you are considering are.
    Well, metamagic feats, improved initiative, feats to make hexes stronger (split hex, accursed hex...) And the problem is, they all just seem plain better (if more boring) than that bloodlinepower you could get. Unless I'm missing something - thus my question.
    You can also try and use the Frog God's Fane legendary site to get Skill Focus (Knowledge (Religion)) for like 3k gold (assuming your DM lets you)
    Sadly, my GM won't let me, as the game is pathfinder, as well as a custom setting.

Currently playing:
    Gardin Farawyn Saskeon of Efteria, Elven Bard und Oracle
    Faire Camoretta, Halfling Monk.