Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Isekai [5E]

1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Isekai [5E]

Posting interest as a Barbarian//Monk (yes, I know that Unarmored Defense won't stack), probably into Ancestors & Mercy. Possibly powered by sadness instead of anger? Really lean into that college student aesthetic there. I'll let you know what else I come up with. :)
    I do homebrew now, apparently!
    Oath of Asceticsim (5e Paladin Archetype)

2. - Top - End - #32

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Hm. So this would be all humans, since we're coming from "reality"*?

*A world recognizable as an analog for our own
    It was asked earlier, seems like any race is up for grabs (as long as its within allowed resources of course).

Course now I'm wondering about the RP potential of playing something that's not human but was formally human... Definitely don't get enough experience with the Reincarnation spell in other games I play haha.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature
    ====
    RToD
    IC | OC

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just to let you know, we’re gestalt, so you’ll need a second class. Also, would you be cool with the College of Soul Law for Bards? If so, I’m probably going to end up making an Order of Scribes Wizard/College of Soul Law Bard or Shadow Sorcerer/College of Soul Law Bard.
    Last edited by Giegue; 2021-03-04 at 07:52 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started at a dinner party in the BBEG's estate.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    1) Sure.

2) No.

3) No clue-probably not relevant. Something something theoretical physics something dimensions something.
    Much appreciated, DM, thank you.

So, I did a thing. Please let me know if, mechanically, this character is sound and/or if anything is critically wrong with my approach.
    I will apply this and any changes to a character sheet and give the gray box a personality later today.

Spoiler: Nameless Gray Box
    Show
    V.Human Hermit, Battlemaster Fighter / Open Hand Monk (Gestalt3) (Prof +2)
    12 16 14 10 14 8
    HP: 52
    AC: 15 (Unarmored)
    Speed: 50 ft.
    Saves: Strength, Dexterity, Constitution
    Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Insight, Medicine, Perception, Religion
    Armor: All
    Weapons: All
    Tools: Cobbler's tools, Herbalism kit, Cook's utensils*
    Languages: Common, Elvish, Primoridal

Feats: L1: Mobile
    Fighter Perks: Unarmed Fighting Style, Action Surge, Maneuvers (4/4d8/SR; DC 13; Feinting Attack, Grappling Strike, Trip Attack), Student of War [Cook's utensils]
    Monk Perks: Unarmored Defense, Martial Arts, Ki (3/SR; DC 12; Flurry of Blows (1), Patient Defense (1), Step of the Wind (1), Deflect Missiles (0-1), Ki-Fueled Attack (after Ki)), Unarmored Movement, Open Hand Technique (DEX or prone; STR or push up to 15 feet; no RXN)

Equipment: trapper binder stuffed full of class notes, a winter blanket, a set of common clothes, an herbalism kit (gym bag full of vitamins and health supplements), and 5 gp

Spoiler: What the gestalt did I just do?
    Show
    I overlapped class skill proficiencies.
    I overlapped class save proficiencies (no stacking; double STR does not exist).
    I overlapped class weapon/armor/tools proficiencies.
    I stacked HP for each class per level using PHB fixed values and applied CON to each die (i.e., CON was applied 6 times: 3 times for the 3 fighter HD, and 3 times for the 3 monk HD).
    I did not stack racial feats (didn't make sense to me, as one cannot be double human, and no other race would do that for stat increases or other perks).
    Last edited by StoneSeraph; 2021-03-04 at 08:41 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36

BardGirl

Should our background come from our human life (I mean the background we choose for our character, that gives us skills and proficiencies and whatnot)? So, for example, I could be a scholar, maybe, but probably not a bounty hunter, or should we assume our isekai form has kind of a set background, like when we're building a character in some RPG, say elder scrolls, and we choose minor details about our character's past?

Also, I may be wrong but I doubt you stack HP for both classes, otherwise you'd have the HP of a 6th level character. Usually in gestalt you take the best of both worlds when there is overlap. that's how it used to work in pathfinder and 3.5 anyways, correct me if I'm wrong here.

Anyways, here is Lloyd Fleming (still WIP), an exchange student from the UK. He's always been a quiet nerd, obsessed with all kinds of horror: cosmic, gothic, horror anime, ghosts, gore, you name it. People find him a little bit weird, but he is genuinely a good guy. He was excited for this trip since he would probably get to see his family. But, well... That didn't happen.
    In the Isekai, he's found himself transformed into one of the creatures of the night he used to be so obsessed about...

Spoiler: fluff and stuff
    Show
    So, I'm (hoping to be) playing a tiefling beast barbarian/shadow sorcerer, but I was thinking that he would be somewhat more of a vampire, in substance and style; summoning claws and fangs when he fights (from beast barbarian, even healing HP with the bite attack, I mean... come on!; then, there is the tail that's a bit random, but I'd refluff that to bat wings; the tail basically adds 1d8 to AC as a reaction; it isn't such a stretch to imagine pummeling some baddies with my wings, then using them to deflect attacks; also they'll be vestigial wings, so no flight. Just for fluff), not exactly dead nor exactly alive (with strength of the grave), and manipulating powers of darkness (from tiefling) and shadow (from sorcerer). I thought it was quite fitting thematically! Of course, As written above, Lloyd is inherently a good guy, so I'm going for kind of a Overlord Ainz Ool vibe, where I'm basically transformed into a powerful shadow beast/vampire/demon thing, but I'm still just a lovable little nerd in a game world. Sounds good? Of course, he knows his tropes, being a super fan, so he'll play the shadow demon if need be, but my alignment is and shall remain neutral good
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-03-04 at 10:35 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Colossus in the Playground

Okay...

@Zalphier
    Imma say no to that, initially. I'm not sure when exactly I'd feel okay letting you go full gun, but not to start.

@Igneel
    College of Tales looks okay.
    The School is not.

@Xihirli
    You can be any race. You've transformed upon entering the new world.

@Giegue
    Yeah, that college seems a little too dark for my tastes. Sorry for rejecting so many of your requests.

@StoneSeraph
    You get skills and saves from both classes. If there's overlap, just grab a new skill or save proficiency, but no doubling up.
    You get the better hit die from your class, NOT both hit dice-otherwise that'd basically be multiclassing!

@NiK
    I don't need official backgrounds-just pick any two skills and two tools that make sense. You could also choose languages in place of tools, but that might not make QUITE as much sense.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NiKkatsu View Post
    Also, I may be wrong but I doubt you stack HP for both classes, otherwise you'd have the HP of a 6th level character. Usually in gestalt you take the best of both worlds when there is overlap. that's how it used to work in pathfinder and 3.5 anyways, correct me if I'm wrong here.
    @StoneSeraph
    You get skills and saves from both classes. If there's overlap, just grab a new skill or save proficiency, but no doubling up.
    You get the better hit die from your class, NOT both hit dice-otherwise that'd basically be multiclassing!
    Gotcha! Much appreciated, and thank you both. Will amend accordingly and have a character sheet up later.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Okay...
    @Zalphier
    Imma say no to that, initially. I'm not sure when exactly I'd feel okay letting you go full gun, but not to start.
    Alright, more than fair. I'll set the sights on it being something he's going to have to work on and for. Think I will go for it being damaged in that case, possibly to the point of inoperability. Mind if I go the other route and use it as a substitute rod, wand, or staff spell focus?

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Zalphier View Post
    Alright, more than fair. I'll set the sights on it being something he's going to have to work on and for. Think I will go for it being damaged in that case, possibly to the point of inoperability. Mind if I go the other route and use it as a substitute rod, wand, or staff spell focus?
    That sounds fine to me. :)

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Submitting for DM approval: Kayla Valdheim

Spoiler: Appearance, Background, and Equipment
    Show
    Kayla is an undergrad, standing around 5'3" with pale skin and straight blonde hair usually done back in a ponytail. Her light blue eyes are quite vibrant, though her general expression is usually one of boredom or malaise, as if there's always someplace else she would rather be. Her figure is lithe and toned, the product of years spent practicing martial arts and tending to her fitness. On the plane, Kayla chooses to wear comfy clothing - sweats and a t-shirt with an oversized hoodie, and shoes that she can easily slip on and off.

In grade school, classmates often picked on Kayla; what began as innocent friendliness soon morphed into awkward failures to fit in, which then turned into a habitual, guarded despondence when she stopped trying altogether. She spent the summer before high school attending martial arts classes, where she could put her mind towards self-improvement and avoid social pressures. Once school began again, Kayla spent more time in the weights room at the gym than the football team did; most of the school wondered why she never played any sports. "Let me know when they start a judo program..." was the stock reply to any direct inquiries.

Her later years in high school were more friendly as she and her classmates matured, and Kayla began to open up a bit to the other athletes and her classmates in general. Extracurricular training continued all the same, and as each year passed she found herself competing in (and in more than a few cases, winning) local, state, and regional martial arts tournaments. Her exploits reached the point where the young lady earned a scholarship to compete for <insert_university_here>'s karate team. Kayla opted for courses in a physical therapy curriculum and now devotes almost all of her energy to either studying the body, practicing her disciplines, or exercising and meditating, with little time spent on anything else.

What happens when she finds herself in a world where her physical prowess is amplified?

Equipment: trapper binder stuffed full of class notes (scroll case); hoodie and sweatpants (winter blanket); a set of athletic clothes (common clothes); a gym bag full of travel-size toiletries, wrist and ankle wraps, vitamins, health supplements, etc. (an herbalism kit); and $500 cash (5 gp)

Please let me know if this is acceptable and if any changes need to be made to better fit the setting idea. Thank you for your consideration.
    Last edited by StoneSeraph; 2021-03-04 at 04:33 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Threw a table on my first post
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Welp, that should just about do it for Will Arrington

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Being the youngest of four, Will had to struggle for his chance in the spotlight, especially when one older brother was a top athlete, the other a lead guitarist in a band, and his older sister being a popular, pretty genius. He tried his hand at fishing, wood work, chemistry, robotics, clockwork, shooting, and even jewelry making, and while he had varying levels of success in each of these, none managed to actually outshine the accomplishments of his siblings. This coupled with his natural frailty and compromised immune system led to a sheltered and reclusive early upbringing. Then around high school and college, Will had something of an epiphany. He realized that he didn't need to outshine his siblings to still be happy and have fun, especially when they weren't trying to ignore or brush him aside. So with a new found drive, Will took to the freedom and versatility of collage life quickly. He joined a few different clubs to keep his favored hobbies alive, made a handful of good close friends out of the scores of people who knew him thanks to his older siblings, and finally did manage to start finding a talent with writing that garnered the professor's interest.

When the proposition of the trip came up, Will begged to bring his skeet shooting gun along so he could continue practicing for a large competition that was coming up. Seeing as it was a school function, the professor relented, but for the sake of security, the shells were going to have to be bought after they arrived and he wasn't allowed to bring any back.
    Last edited by Zalphier; 2021-03-04 at 04:37 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Alright. Asking for this version of a Knife Thrower

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #46

StoneSeraph
    Don't make equivalencies for your gear-$500 isn't 5 GP, it's $500. Otherwise looks fine.

Xihirli
    Danke!

Illven
    Yup, that's a WIP sheet.

Zalphier
    Please don't have an 8 in Constitution. That's a recipe for an early grave.

Lentrax
    Is that a Rogue subclass?

No. It's biggest sin is being boring as all heck. But it's also straight-up broken from level 9 onwards, when you can Dodge and still make your full allotment of attacks and have a Bonus Action left for whatever you please.

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

StoneSeraph
    Don't make equivalencies for your gear-$500 isn't 5 GP, it's $500. Otherwise looks fine.
    Understood; sheet has been updated accordingly. Thank you for looking it over, and again for your consideration.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Zalphier
    Please don't have an 8 in Constitution. That's a recipe for an early grave.
    Heh, true enough I'll get it edited momentarily. Actually after looking at some of the other submissions, might just up a few at least a little bit

19. - Top - End - #49

BlackDragon

@Igneel
    College of Tales looks okay.
    The School is not.
    Gotcha! Easy enough of a work around.

Still a WIP [typing up background], but here's Eric or Aarick the Scribe Wizard/Tale Bard as he goes by when writing his stories of myths and legends.
    Last edited by Igneel; 2021-03-04 at 10:55 PM.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

====
    RToD
    IC | OC

20. - Top - End - #50

For classes that, flavorwise, rely on some manner of pact or relationship with an outside power to function- Clerics, Paladins, Warlocks, etcetera- how, exactly, does that work? Do we just get the power with none of the strings the locals are accustomed to being attached? Do we have a brief dream-sequence thing in which we reach an agreement with, or at least catch the interest of, the entity in question? Something else? Is there a specific pantheon we should be working with?

Are we all supposed to be human, or can the transition change our species as well as giving us strange new skills and abilities?

Would you care to give us a few hints about the general direction the campaign will take- lighthearted power-fantasy sandbox as we romp in a world that doesn't have context for us, super play-it-straight 'Please, Great Heroes, Save Us From The Demon King!', Rising of the Shield Hero-style enduring and overcoming a world that has it out for us, something else? Or would that ruin The Surprise?
    Last edited by Toptomcat; 2021-03-05 at 12:32 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Introducing Isabelle MacPherson, Protector Aasimar Ancestors Barbarian/Mercy Monk.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Isabelle grew up in the Scottish highlands with most of her immediate and extended family. Practically since birth she's been trained to wield the axe. Her father always pushed her to be aggressive and violent, frequently taking her hunting or boxing. However, Isabelle has a tender heart and really just wanted to help people in whatever way she could. She'd love to pursue medicine, but there was no way she'd be able to afford a pre-med degree, much less med school, on her father's meager income. A turn of fortune came when her grandfather died. They'd always been close, so he knew about her dream to pursue medicine, and left a large portion of his will to Isabelle to afford college. With her grandfather's portrait in a locket and her father's axe by her side (he insisted), Isabelle began her premedical degree at University Name.

Still a work in progress, but hopefully that's good enough sketch. Please let me know what'd you like to know more about, and if I did the whole gestalt thing right. I did use the Tasha rules for alternate ability score increases (Cha -> Str), but if that's not cool, I can change it. My stats also still feel a little high (BarbMonk is very MAD) so those'll be tweaked for sure.
    I do homebrew now, apparently!
    Oath of Asceticsim (5e Paladin Archetype)

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Megan Bell

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Megan was raised in an orphanage in New York City. There were a lot of other kids there, and Megan often found herself ignored by the people in charge of the orphanage. And inside the walls of the orphanage, Megan found herself at the mercies of other kids who held themselves over everyone else. For those early years, the only solace and escape she found was in the books she was able to get from the library without having them taken by the other kids.

When she was eleven, Megan started learning how to survive on her own. She learned how to get food. Where it was safe to spend a night away from the casual cruelty of an orphanage that didn't even know about what was happening to the kids in their ward.

She was fourteen when she finally got well and truly caught trying to con someone. But instead of turning her into the police, the woman sat her down and actually talked with her. The process took two months, but after it was done, Megan was the adopted child of the Bell family. She was afforded all the things she lacked in the orphanage. Privacy, her own bed, food. And most importantly: Books. She was able to study what she wanted. And for a while, things went very well for her. Because of the new environment, she was able to find that she truly excelled in the sciences, and so she pursued it. Graduating from high school, going to university. Grad school. And she has just finished submitting her thesis for her PhD in Theoretical Physics.

She was just starting to relax on the plane, heading with the other students and the professor, when things got... weird....

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by Toptomcat View Post
    For classes that, flavorwise, rely on some manner of pact or relationship with an outside power to function- Clerics, Paladins, Warlocks, etcetera- how, exactly, does that work? Do we just get the power with none of the strings the locals are accustomed to being attached? Do we have a brief dream-sequence thing in which we reach an agreement with, or at least catch the interest of, the entity in question? Something else? Is there a specific pantheon we should be working with?

Are we all supposed to be human, or can the transition change our species as well as giving us strange new skills and abilities?

Would you care to give us a few hints about the general direction the campaign will take- lighthearted power-fantasy sandbox as we romp in a world that doesn't have context for us, super play-it-straight 'Please, Great Heroes, Save Us From The Demon King!', Rising of the Shield Hero-style enduring and overcoming a world that has it out for us, something else? Or would that ruin The Surprise?
    I don't really run patrons or deities as having requirements in normal games, so yeah, you just get the powers.

The transition can change your race.

And definitely more on the sandbox, lighthearted direction.

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

What does 5e gestalt even look like?

25. - Top - End - #55

RedWizardGuy

If there's still room for me to throw my hat into the ring, I'll do so. A bard//sorcerer maybe?

26. - Top - End - #56

Alright, I've been hemming and hawing over whether yo apply, since I have no experience in fifth edition.

But iseki stories hold far too much interest to me to not even give it a chance.

Maybe I'll give it a try and find out I love it.

I'm probably going to stick with something simple like fighter / rogue, or fighter / something.
    "Not Appropriate? The TigerSaw embodies power, strength, and muderous vigilance. I can think of nothing More appropriate than a fearsome TigerSaw."

I Am A: N/G Human Monk/Sorc (3/2 Lvl)
    Spoiler
    Show

Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18

Find out = http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
    courtesy of Easydamus

27. - Top - End - #57

I will be closing this to new interest soon.

If you’ve been thinking about posting or not, do it soon!

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Looks like I got in by the skin of my teeth.

I've got a little progress done here *Scott*

I have a question and links to the fighter archetype I found.

I'm not sure if the Human Paragon class is going to be worthwhile? It seems like a good one to gestalt in, but only because I can't find anything like the spell shielded sorcerer from 3.5. Is there a class similar to that, that lets you burn spell slots to effectively absorb damage? Because I could see a use for that with a protector-focused character.

Link 1 - Fighter archetype
    "Not Appropriate? The TigerSaw embodies power, strength, and muderous vigilance. I can think of nothing More appropriate than a fearsome TigerSaw."

I Am A: N/G Human Monk/Sorc (3/2 Lvl)
    Spoiler
    Show

Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18

Find out = http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
    courtesy of Easydamus

29. - Top - End - #59

No to Human Paragon.

The archetype looks okay, though.

Show
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #60

BlackDragon

I humbly submit Arrick the Author for DM review. [think I have everything done]

Spoiler: Background/Equipment
    Show
    Eric, or Aarick as he likes to use for a pen-name, is a undergraduate working on his Bachelor's degree to become a writer. He stands around 5'11" with a healthy tone of white skin and just touching the shoulder's length of dark brown to almost black hair. A few strands of white can be spotted through careful inspection, especially in the scraggily beard hairs on his face when he forgets to shave. He retains some unhealthy pounds above the waist from hours of sitting and reading books or researching online, otherwise his arms and legs are fairly thin but still have muscle to lift books back onto high shelves. In his honest opinion the only true redeeming physical quality he has is his nearly icy blue eyes, which are sadly obscured most of the time by his glasses sometimes covered in dust, eye crusties, or some unknown filth he gets too lazy or focused to clean off. On the plane, Eric wore a graphic t-shirt displaying a quote "Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it." from a fantasy book character mostly obscured by a zip up hoodie along with his cargo pants with pockets filled with a number of notebooks and pencils or pens.

Born to a middle class family in the Midwest of America, Eric had dotting parents that tried to give him what he needed. Through out growing up Eric wondered why he felt so different from everyone else, even his two younger sisters. While other children could express their feelings, pay attention, follow directions with a single explanation, or play with others, Eric had trouble with a lot of those things. He had trouble paying attention to vocal cues, often being described as "head in the clouds", or needing to be told to do things multiple times as some examples. Eventually his parents had him see a expert and they found out he was indeed different, because he was on the autistic spectrum. It wasn't that he choose to not pay attention so much as that at times he couldn't pay attention or process what people were saying to him. His brain while it did function in the real world and knew the difference between make believe and reality, often spent more time in his mind's world in preference. There everything went according to his own design and went at his own pace. Maybe it was because of this that Eric grew up with little to no friends, while others either kept their distance or picked on him for being different. What few friends Eric was able to acquire he held as cherished treasures, at least till in one way or another a time would come around for his friends to go down separate pathways in life. This didn't stop Eric from attempting to make friends by joining school clubs like Creative Writing, or organizations such as Boy Scouts.

As the years went by Eric did attempt to be "normal" in other people's eyes, and often times found himself falling short in one regard or another. Eventually he decided that maybe it wasn't worth the trouble to make at all, as people leave you in the end anyways. Thankfully Eric had discovered books and the worlds within. Most noticeably Eric fell madly in love with books on myths and legends across the world. Be it the well-known Greek mythos of Zeus throwing bolts of lightning, or more obscure ones like the Piasa Dragon of Illinois of United States, Eric hunted down books upon books to learn more about various cultures and their legends. Because of these books Eric quickly found others of authors using those myths and legends in their own works to flesh out their imaginary worlds. It didn't take much for Eric to make up his mind that he wanted to become a writer as well, to finally have a way to share his world in his mind with others. Of course a Bachelors in English isn't the most income-friendly degree to strive for, so Eric under his family's guidance is also studying how to be a nurse. Upon receiving a invite from the Professor, Eric jumped at the chance of going across the ocean to the lands of various legends like Merlin, the Tarrasque, among so many others.

Now that Eric, or Aarick as he'll go by with his new life, has been transported to a fantasy world where his words can create magic who's to say that Aarick won't become the best author ever?

Equipment: Walking stick (quarterstaff), pocket knife (dagger), Labradorite gem necklace (Spellcasting focus), Backpack, Encyclopedia of Myths, Notebook of Writing, Notebook of Class Notes, Blank Notebook, Water bottle (water skin), 2 Pencils & 2 pens

Spoiler: Other Notes
    Show
    I'm largely attempting to take inspiration from Entrapta from Netflix's "She-Ra Princesses of Power", who the creators acknowledged is on the autistic spectrum, along with my own personal experiences of being in the spectrum. While Aarick might come across as being disinterested in others it's because he processes things differently. All in all he can be someone's most trusted friend when he takes the time to get to know others and they take the time to get familiar with his... Quirks. He will tend to jump at any chance to learn about new myths or legends and get hyper focused on the subject if left unchecked much like how I personally will spend hours researching something that intrigues my interest. I'll likely have to dial back on irl knowledge when it comes to myths and legends for Aarick but I tell you I know quite a few culture's worth of stuff. ^-^

Because of his researching habits coupled with his dual major in Nursing and his years spent in Boy Scouts he has proficiency in all Int-based skills, Medicine, and Survival. Surprisingly despite being a Bard he only has proficiency in Performance (I imagine it's used more in Storytelling then singing or playing instruments) to help demonstrate his lack of people skills. While he hasn't had a chance to learn other languages fluently in our world, I'm hoping that he gets to learn Elvish along with Draconic in the new world at the very least eventually. When casting spells I'll likely be flavoring them to be more mythology-based when I can, like the Healing Spirit taking on a Unicorn's shape.

====
    RToD
    IC | OC