A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: A Practical Guide to Evil III: A Series of Unfortunate Peace Treaties

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    They already showed the biggest thing she has, which is that only the perspective of godhead prevents Cat from Silencing someone as Warden. The Drow guy is as strong as a god, but he is still a person and so under her auspices as opposed to Sve Noc who have the perspective of Gods and so aren't.

This brings up an interesting questions about Four Seasons. Is Neshamah having a human perspective a weakness to Cat's Silence?
    Will Dead king be mortal after they crown him? No, he will at least be a fae equal to the queen of summer. And he may still be a god to his (living) subjects. If anything he might become more of a god than before. He alluded to the possibility of cat becoming a callowan goddess through winter powers.
    Also, while he maybe won't be able to control undead, he might make his intelligent undead arch-necromancers his court. Who then control undead for him.
    You know, a regiment of autumn arch-lich dutches sounds terrifying.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: A Practical Guide to Evil III: A Series of Unfortunate Peace Treaties

I don't think its simply being able to control undead that makes him the Dead King, or vice versa, but the scale/quantity of such. He is the Lord of the Dead, with millions of animated minions beyond anything a regular necromancer could accomplish. So even if he still had obedient and loyal necromancers to control undead on his behalf, that would still be stripping him of the overwhelming majority of his total manzombiepower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

Also, while he maybe won't be able to control undead, he might make his intelligent undead arch-necromancers his court. Who then control undead for him.
    You know, a regiment of autumn arch-lich dutches sounds terrifying.
    So even if he still had obedient and loyal necromancers to control undead on his behalf
    I would like to take a brief moment, to point out just how well this worked out for the two Drow goddeses
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #784
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I would like to take a brief moment, to point out just how well this worked out for the two Drow goddeses
    Yes, this is also a very good point. We already know how fractious and treacherous Summer and Winter nobility both are, there's no reason Autumn would be different. So that's another check on his power in theory, compared to having minions who can't even consider disobedience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.