New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Flash Season 7

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Flash Season 7

A lot has happened since last there was a Flash thread. I still like the show, but I hardly recognize it anymore. Mainly it's the cast changes. New people come in. Old people go or at least be on hiatus. Hartley Sawyer falls victim to cancel culture, but Ralph Dibny could still return given his powers. One can agree Sawyer's past comments were garbage, but he didn't have to be fired for them.

Anyway, I think it was last season that I said the cast got too big. Not every show that lasts a long time have many cast changes, but when it does to me it becomes the Ship of Thesues paradox. Is it the same show? That Grant Gustin is still there at least keeps it the same. I'm glad they did not go the comics Crisis route of killing off Barry Allen for a new Flash/actor. It's not a question of fangeek over Gustin, though I do like the guy, but more I need the consistancy. I can definitely see myself stop watching had they changed the lead.

Virus Apocalypse means we're technically in Season 6 epilogue as they finish the Eva story. For now I will keep watching.
    Last edited by Pex; 2021-03-05 at 01:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Flash Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
    but when it does to me it becomes the Ship of Thesues paradox

Somebody's been watching WandaVision besides The Flash
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Flash Season 7

Interesting. The latest episode set up the audience. The vote on who to rescue was a fake out. We see it happen then learn it was all in Flash's speed thinking head. When it comes to saving Iris with all that happens you'd think it's another fake out, but it correlates to what we saw Iris was doing which Barry couldn't know about, so it's all real. The episode ends with what happened happened, and previews for next week appear to confirm it. It's not a speed thinking fake out.

It's a refreshing change when tv shows go against trope.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.