New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Where do I go after Master of Shrouds?

I have an idea to try Masyer of Shrouds. The dm allows races from Arcana Evolved, so Cleric 2/Verrick Racial 1 is on the table as an entry that doesn’t cost a spellcasting level. Then I would take all 10 levels of Master of Shrouds.

But then what for levels 14-20? Cleric? Malconvoker? Something else? Doesn’t have to be optimized, especially if it is cool.

The DM allows some third party stuff, but bans book of exalted deeds, book of vile darkness, book of nine swords and the evil alignment. And since I want to summon both lawful and chaotic things my alignment will be Neutral. My DM also requires each character to have a god, so a Neutral god is needed (I thinking Fharlagn).

Anyhow, thoughts?
    Last edited by Particle_Man; 2021-03-06 at 12:23 AM.

Light the lamp not the rat LIGHT THE LAMP NOT THE RAT!!!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Where do I go after Master of Shrouds?

For the sake of putting it out there: Contemplative and Divine Oracle (Complete Divine) both have 'easy' mechanical requirements (Knowledge(Religion) ranks, and Skill Focus(Knowledge(Religion)) for Divine Oracle), and provide actual class features beyond improving your turning level. Both also provide a bonus domain, with Contemplative depending on the Deity, and Divine Oracle giving the Oracle Domain.

If you are willing to burn another caster level (and some odd skill-points), you could do Bone Knight (Five Nations). It loses you a caster level on entry, but grants an un-turnable Skeleton mount, the ability to assume control of undead from willing casters (which notably does not exclude your self), and immunity to stunning and non-lethal (plus a couple other minor things).
    ARRRRGH, I'm a pirate, ninjas are no match for me, Yargh!
    Also this awesome avatar was done by KillItWithFire