New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order V - Salty Theoretical Phenomenon

I... Got Skadi on my first 11-roll. I wasn't even planning on going hard, mostly just tossing the extra SQ I had banked from my remarkable luck getting Spishtar.

Apparently I have A-rank luck now. Of course, I have nowhere near the necessary resources to get Skadi online. I've got absolutely no XP cards banked, I'm about 20 short on all three Caster gems and... Actually that's it. I've got enough of everything else to max her, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm ~200 XP cards short of getting her to a sufficient level. Also, she'll wreck my Void Dust reserves, she is absolutely thirsty for the stuff. Honestly, I think I might just put her on the backburner. The only Servants I have levelled up and ready to go that really work well with her are Achilles (admittedly, double-Skadi Achilles is very strong) and Spishtar, so it's not like I can make huge use of her right now.

... There's a lotto coming up, though. And I have Atalante, Valkyrie and MHXX waiting in the wings, and everything but the XP cards needed to max out all three. Hmm. Choices.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Skadi is tempting, particularly since I love to use Cu and Medusa, and she synergizes super well with them.

But I already have El Melloi and Merlin. Not to mention an abundance of other casters to level up. I don't think I need her and I only found her personality okay during her Lost Belt.

Also I think Scatharc is the Thanksgiving Banner and I really want her. So I'm saving my SQ. Also if possible, I'd like some leftover to go for Actually Orion in December.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

This skeleton hunting quest is giving me a ton of lancer embers, but I have no lancers I want to level. I can either feed them to one of my extra class characters, or save them in case Bradamante suddenly spooks me in future rolling, which is very unlikely. I also have a ton of berserker embers saved up, and only like, 2 berserkers of note to level: Beowulf and Arjuna. Neither of them really appeal to me, though Beowulf with his NP is pretty cool. I'm mostly doing the skeleton hunt as BONES but this pile of lancer embers is a bit much. Here's hoping sabers pop up one of these days, so I can stockpile more for Astolfo.

EDIT: The 3 main Extra classes I could level are Demon Nobbu, Amakusa, or Ganesha, while I guess maybe I could start leveling either Musashi or Raikou to 100 with the berserker embers. Though I am really torn on which of the two to grail. Raikou I do really like, but Musashi is a lot more usable while I also like her a whole lot. Tough choices picking a favourite waifu of a class to Grail.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2021-11-05 at 01:58 PM.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

The hellfires of wisdom are nice and all but overall I think I much prefer part 5 with the qp drops. Imo 2mil qp is worth more than a hellfire.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #485

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    The hellfires of wisdom are nice and all but overall I think I much prefer part 5 with the qp drops. Imo 2mil qp is worth more than a hellfire.
    Yeah, a lot of people have said this is one of the poorer Hunting Quest sets. Either annoying enemy class combos, not that great of drops, or just the fact the other Hunting Quests were better.

I'm spending this day with the Amazons farming archer embers for the upcoming gift character, and the fact I have like no Feathers, but after this I'm back to Door Farming I think.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

So I really wasn't expecting this Early Winter thing. Does this mean we aren't getting a Thanksgiving banner? Or if we are, it won't be Scatharc on the banner?

Also, we are still getting the next story singularity this winter right?
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #487

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    So I really wasn't expecting this Early Winter thing. Does this mean we aren't getting a Thanksgiving banner? Or if we are, it won't be Scatharc on the banner?

Also, we are still getting the next story singularity this winter right?
    This event seems to be more a re-branding of a Fate/Prototype event JP ran around this time. Thanksgiving is still 2 weeks away, so they may still be able to squeeze it in before the Christmas event at the end of the month. And we should be still on track for LB5 in December.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

I got spish powered up enough to try out a DSS farm with her... dang... That is way way stronger than np 1 berzerkalot... and rivals an NP 5 parvati against archers... though she does have the added power of waver attack buff, but that isn't that huge of a difference.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

What team are you using with Spishtar? I have been trying different combos but not having much luck with her so far. Even with my brand new Skadi, I have not been able to achieve 3-turn farming with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    What team are you using with Spishtar? I have been trying different combos but not having much luck with her so far. Even with my brand new Skadi, I have not been able to achieve 3-turn farming with her.
    Spishtar with mlb scope and lv10 np battery, two skadi with lv 10 np battery, waver, plugsuit mystic code for swap.

She is one of those np battery brute force type loopers.
    Edit: and I do apologize if you don't have like an mlb scope and two additional 5 star servants... Waver and an mlb scope seem almost inevitable to me for people who have played since the beginning... Almost... Those 5 star servants can be very fickle.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-11-15 at 11:15 PM.

Current avatar by me

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you for the info. That helps explain the issue, as I do not have an MLB scope nor Waver. I can of course borrow a Waver, but then I'm not able to have double Skadi. Also, I haven't finished maxing my own Skadi's skills yet because of the prodigious amount of Void Dust needed to go from level 8 to 9.

I've tried mixing and matching various combinations of Merlin, Prince of Lan Ling, Sima Yi, and Paracelsus with my Skadi and Spishtar, but to no avail.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

The new interludes I had today were cute.

Sadly, FGA no longer functions with the widescreen update. RIP easy lotto farming.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

the wide screen update has seriously messed up my screen space. now i have a black bar on the side and bottom instead of just side.

Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #494
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    The new interludes I had today were cute.

Sadly, FGA no longer functions with the widescreen update. RIP easy lotto farming.
    In case you haven't checked yet, FGA did push out an update to allow it to work.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rinvak View Post
    In case you haven't checked yet, FGA did push out an update to allow it to work.
    I did check the github for it, and people were reporting it didn't work, i'll have to look again i suppose.

Factotum Variants!

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

It took me 360 Saint Quartz and 28 tickets, but I managed to draw Scatharch. I have basically nothing left to summon anything else with. And sadly Scatharch is basically all I got. I got some second copies of Zerkerlot, Caster Gil, Circe, Atalante and Nezha, which isn't nothing, but basically nothing but trash CE wise.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

Congratulations on obtaining the nuke. May all devine and undead cease to exist within a million light years of you. During the recent gilfest I went the hard route on a gil battle and used her to nuke two break bars in two turns, one with auto attacks and one with an np, and had supports with batteries to keep going. But it was a fake battle and the battle ended after two turns of Gil being stun locked...

I decided to spend 10 tickets and no more on okits day on the of chance of np2 okits. Got 3rd Atalanta and 5th tamamo instead. I am not complaining, my tamamo is now as strong as she can be. No grail or lv4 food or the like cause come on, she's a support not a damage dealer, unless I need that divinity.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-11-27 at 01:36 PM.

Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Congratulations on obtaining the nuke. May all devine and undead cease to exist within a million light years of you. During the recent gilfest I went the hard route on a gil battle and used her to nuke two break bars in two turns, one with auto attacks and one with an np, and had supports with batteries to keep going. But it was a fake battle and the battle ended after two turns of Gil being stun locked...

I decided to spend 10 tickets and no more on okits day on the of chance of np2 okits. Got 3rd Atalanta and 5th tamamo instead. I am not complaining, my tamamo is now as strong as she can be. No grail or lv4 food or the like cause come on, she's a support not a damage dealer, unless I need that divinity.
    I'll be honest, I remain tempted by Shishou because she's so gosh-darned good. But I also have Eresh and Shishi-o, so I'm pretty solidly covered for 5-star Lancers - although still lacking in ST - and I don't particularly adore Shishou aside from her place in the meta. That, and there's just so much coming down the road this year. I think I'm probably better off just saving. I spent a little bit on Shishou's banner - couple of tickets - and no luck, so I'm just going to take the message.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

Life has been unkind to me lately, but FGO has not. In just 12 summons I got an NP upgrade for my Nero Caster.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

My string of EX luck continues unabated. 11 rolls on Okita's banner added her to my roster. 22 more rolls, the rest of my Okita budget, went into Caster Nero. I did not get Nero, sadly. Instead I was spooked by Jack, who would have been my third choice from the banners anyways (nothing against Scathach, but I already have Enkidu and Kagetora and two Cus levelled, I'm stacked for Archer bosses). I suppose it really does mean that getting Skadi online is looking like a priority, since MHXA, Okita and Jack are all hilariously effective in boss fights when backed with a suicidal Skadi. Hard to remember being the guy who only had 5 SSRs a year into playing the game at this point (and that included both GSSRs!), having rolled up... 14 of them since June.

... Also, I'm going to have exactly no Void Dust soon. Skadi eats 140 for her skills, and Jack costs at least 50 and probably 80 (I can leave her middle skill mostly untouched, she'll usually be running with Osakabehime anyways and between them that's tons of buff removal). I have 220 dust saved up. Ugh. Just when I finally caught up on Bones, it's time for a new nightmare bronze mat. It can join Teeth and Medals on the list of stuff I can never seem to have enough of.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

21. - Top - End - #501

NecromancerGirl

Took a little too much out of my Saber Astolfo savings, but I pulled the Bear Archer. Guess I'm dumping a lot of resources into him instead of saving them for the Christmas Archer, but mechanics wise he is a lot better. And with the x2 Super Success its as good a time as any to level him. He can after all do really silly numbers of damage, with almost no support. Maybe almost displaces Gil from top buster archer. Shame about his design though.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Took a little too much out of my Saber Astolfo savings, but I pulled the Bear Archer. Guess I'm dumping a lot of resources into him instead of saving them for the Christmas Archer, but mechanics wise he is a lot better. And with the x2 Super Success its as good a time as any to level him. He can after all do really silly numbers of damage, with almost no support. Maybe almost displaces Gil from top buster archer. Shame about his design though.
    Took me far more SQ than I'd like to admit, but I got him too. First LB limited 5-star I've gotten. Admittedly, I did not prepare for his arrival - I need more Hero Proofs - but I'm pretty stoked to level him.

He might replace Napoleon in my roster. Pretty happy.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't decided whether to roll for Super Orion or not. I don't really need him, as I'm pretty well stocked on archers, but he does look like a lot of fun.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I haven't decided whether to roll for Super Orion or not. I don't really need him, as I'm pretty well stocked on archers, but he does look like a lot of fun.
    Basically, he smashes. That's the long and short of it. His regular card damage, with buffs up, can rival some NP damage. Which is good, because he has a non-damage NP.

He's not for clearing waves. He has no NP charging skills and his cards are BBBAQ. His basic function is to crush things into a bloody pulp with regular attacks, one target at a time. It's very convenient if you like playing mindlessly. "Buster, Buster, Buster, okay go." He can Buster chain - his own or someone else's - all day.

As much as I love Napoleon as a supporter - and I do, he has solid team buffs and an NP gauge skill - Super O is just an absolute beast.

An absolute beast who takes Hero Proofs to Ascend...

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I decided to roll my tickets on the banner for the hell of it. Wasn't all that interested in Super Orion.

18 tickets was enough to get him.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Firbolg in the Playground

Orion gets the award for Archer who is least likely to use a ranged weapon. Really feels like he was a Zerker who slipped into the wrong box on sorting and just stayed instead of being put where he belonged when found.
    Last edited by Leon; 2021-12-02 at 07:50 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

My savings are going mainly for 2 years from now and the Fae Knights, but the stream SQ plus LB completion SQ let me go for a single 11-pull, which got me nothing. Ah well.

Factotum Variants!

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

Geez, I used super Orion as a story support and what kind of unsupported damage is that? I've seen people do less crit damage supported by Merlin. Sure it's less consistent but holy bears.

Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Geez, I used super Orion as a story support and what kind of unsupported damage is that? I've seen people do less crit damage supported by Merlin. Sure it's less consistent but holy bears.
    Welcome to the new gamebreaking servant who defines the meta to do ridiculous damage in as little time as possible.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

I broke down and dropped some SQ on Super Orion. Got him in 90. Aaaaaaand, I can't ascend him past level 60 because I don't have enough Proof of Heroes.