New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order V - Salty Theoretical Phenomenon

Let me throw my overall thoughts about this event out there too, I guess. (By the way, I ended up farming the raid boss a couple dozen times or so, enough to grind QP to finish maxing QSH's skills and a little bit more).

Story-wise, it was decent. Reines wasn't an especially gripping character but I liked her okay and didn't find her annoying at all. Gray is... fine, I guess, if a bit bland. Maybe I'd like her more if I'd seen El-Melloi Case Files, but I haven't. Luvia/Astraea was pretty bland (and I also her character art is the worst I've seen since Agartha). I am rather tired of Moriarty and think it would be nice if he doesn't feature in any more events for at least 6-8 months or so. Although at least this event didn't feature any of my most disliked Servants such as Edison, Blackbeard, or Medb so I'm happy for that.

The "clip show" gimmick of looking back at past events and singularities was neat I guess, though I found Mnemosyne's reveal as the big bad behind the curtain decidedly underwhelming. I don't have any better ideas to replace it with though, so whatever.

As a mission-based event, I thought it did some things right and others wrong. I didn't like that most of the "kill X of this enemy type" quests only had one node where you could find that enemy. Also the shop didn't have too much that I needed/wanted. On the other hand, I liked the flow of the event in that you'd often get a "domino effect" where completing one mission would often lead to completing 2 or 3 others, even right as they unlocked. I also find that I prefer the rare enemy mechanic to the enemy appearance up mechanic, because it A) messes with quick farming less, and B) doesn't require 3 different CE's to buy for different enemy types. Overall I think we're getting too many events of this type, but this one was implemented better than most.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

As someone who has not watched the show this event is based on, the story for me was very underwhelming. I didnt know the characters, so I felt no draw to like them. Reines was a knowitall who just spat out the answer to a problem that never gave enough info for you figure it out yourself, making it seem she just pulled the answer out of her butt. Gray was ok I guess, but was barely a character, just decoration for a scene, and her one act was being bossed around by that cube. Judgement was ok, but mostly just there to be a bruiser for getting out of tough fights. The plot was meh, the villain came out of nowhere, and oh hey, I've seen this plot before. "You are so troubled by the events of the lostbelts, let me help you forget they ever happened" is almost like "I know how harsh the Lostbelts will be on you, let me lock you in a time loop until you forget everything". This was mostly a repeat of BB's Summer plot but retroactively doing it rather then doing it in advance. They do like repeating villain plots, and then doing a slight twist to make a tiny difference. "Mankind is doomed, let me collect them to protect them" is the core plot of both Lion King and Ereshkegal. But the twist they did is Lion King does it cause she thinks its the right thing to do, while Eresh does it cause she cares. Lion King picks and chooses, while Eresh wipes entire villages off the map to stuff them in cages in the underworld, isn't she so sweet.

But yeah, the plot and characters were just kind of dull, the raid was nice as I got in about 140 runs, and the missions are annoying as most nodes only have about 5 of a type of enemy that you have to kill 60+ of. Not an event I was interested in, and I'm glad its not yet got a rerun as that gives me a safe 2+ years before I have to do this again.

Next up is a very boring rest of May, with June bringing in the excitement. But that's also something I'm not really interested in, I'm still waiting for Guda Guda 4.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Alrighty, having finished the event apart from some mopping-up - some of which I automatically finished due to my pre-raid farming - I have some thoughts.

Spoiler
    Show
    It was an interesting mystery, very much in the vein of the El-Melloi Files. I... did not like Reines as much as I wanted to. And I wanted to. But I just did not like her character much.

Grey is adorable and deserves all the headpats. Also some magic plastic surgery. That's rough, buddy.

Astraea was... almost not a character. I suppose she was rather Luvia-like, in that she came in as an impressive and dangerous rival/antagonist, then did a sudden face-turn and was just kinda on our side after that. There didn't seem like a lot of depth to her. Again, a shame, since she'll now be sitting in my Chaldea, keeping away future Rinfaces.

And then there's Mnemosyne... Okay, I get it. Abandoned Chaldea AI system that only wants to protect us, and is acting in the manner that makes sense to her - let us forget so she can remember for us and protect us. Been there, done that, fought Goetia. It's kind of a running line for FGO villains - complex characters that do horrible, horrible things, but have almost sympathetic and understandable reasons for doing so. My problem with her is this:

She used Da Vinci's face. For that, I will end her. I wanted a raid of Mnemosyne so I could make her regret her decision and bully the crap out of her.

I did not get that. And I did not feel much sympathy for her. Keep Da Vinci's name out of your mouth, you overblown Matrix ripoff.

Overall, it was a pretty tame event. Some mildly annoying farming, a raid, some story beats and a boss, a bit of mop-up farming. All quite manageable.

And what did I get from the event? Well, I got my welfare Grey, who will receive headpats and therapy. I got Astraea, which is... definitely something. And I did one final pull last night and got... Wu, amusingly enough. I did not want loli empress, I had no need for a disappointing failure of the Assassin class, but here we are.

Not a terrible way to spend some time this week.
    I quite liked Mnemosyne as it she is probably the most sympathetic villain I've personally encountered so far. I mean, her plan actually makes sense to me, and she isn't going to stop us from completing the Lost Belts, she thinks this will help. Also I have a massive soft spot for AI's. Part of the reason I like pretty much all of the Alter Egos.

Though I do wish we could bring up the strength we have from simply having survived so much horrible crap already.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    The "clip show" gimmick of looking back at past events and singularities was neat I guess, though I found Mnemosyne's reveal as the big bad behind the curtain decidedly underwhelming. I don't have any better ideas to replace it with though, so whatever.

As a mission-based event, I thought it did some things right and others wrong. I didn't like that most of the "kill X of this enemy type" quests only had one node where you could find that enemy. Also the shop didn't have too much that I needed/wanted. On the other hand, I liked the flow of the event in that you'd often get a "domino effect" where completing one mission would often lead to completing 2 or 3 others, even right as they unlocked. I also find that I prefer the rare enemy mechanic to the enemy appearance up mechanic, because it A) messes with quick farming less, and B) doesn't require 3 different CE's to buy for different enemy types. Overall I think we're getting too many events of this type, but this one was implemented better than most.
    The gimmick was cute, though as someone who has only seen a few of those events, it made me wish I had actually played through them all, and maybe I'd appreciate them more.

Way way way too many Kill X of blank, where only 1 node gives them. Oh, and such a bad shop with such bad drop locations! Unlike the last event where by the time I finished all the quests, I had plenty of resources, and had bought out most of the shop, this time, I've got some 5 quests left, and I'm thinking I'm not going to bother finishing them. Seriously, I have to kill something like 80 bone warriors, there is exactly 1 quest that lets me do that, and so far I've killed 8. I think I'd have to run that quest 13 times to finish it. Which would A) complete those bone quests and make 0 progress on the other ones and b) not drop a single shop currency that I actually want.

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    As someone who has not watched the show this event is based on, the story for me was very underwhelming. I didnt know the characters, so I felt no draw to like them. Reines was a knowitall who just spat out the answer to a problem that never gave enough info for you figure it out yourself, making it seem she just pulled the answer out of her butt. Gray was ok I guess, but was barely a character, just decoration for a scene, and her one act was being bossed around by that cube. Judgement was ok, but mostly just there to be a bruiser for getting out of tough fights. The plot was meh, the villain came out of nowhere, and oh hey, I've seen this plot before. "You are so troubled by the events of the lostbelts, let me help you forget they ever happened" is almost like "I know how harsh the Lostbelts will be on you, let me lock you in a time loop until you forget everything". This was mostly a repeat of BB's Summer plot but retroactively doing it rather then doing it in advance. They do like repeating villain plots, and then doing a slight twist to make a tiny difference. "Mankind is doomed, let me collect them to protect them" is the core plot of both Lion King and Ereshkegal. But the twist they did is Lion King does it cause she thinks its the right thing to do, while Eresh does it cause she cares. Lion King picks and chooses, while Eresh wipes entire villages off the map to stuff them in cages in the underworld, isn't she so sweet.

But yeah, the plot and characters were just kind of dull, the raid was nice as I got in about 140 runs, and the missions are annoying as most nodes only have about 5 of a type of enemy that you have to kill 60+ of. Not an event I was interested in, and I'm glad its not yet got a rerun as that gives me a safe 2+ years before I have to do this again.

Next up is a very boring rest of May, with June bringing in the excitement. But that's also something I'm not really interested in, I'm still waiting for Guda Guda 4.
    As someone who hasn't done that Summer event yet, I suppose I came into that plot fresh. Oh, and I have watched Case Files.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Surprisingly, I just finished the event myself, at least mostly. Still like 20 runs left if I want to get all missions done, which may or may not happen. Lores are good, but I'm not sure I'm down to grind the same nodes again and again for that. Especially when the node with the currency I actually want (the tea leaves, for Bones and such) happens to not even be one of the ones you need to do for missions. Blech. Will probably try to maximize Bone acquisition, because the eternal shortage of those is a constant of my roster, and then see where I'm at once we're down to almost done.

I hadn't actually planned on doing this one; I mentioned in-thread I was feeling burned out after the last event, and didn't expect to play enough to get to this one. That, it turns out, didn't happen. I got a bit into Lostbelt 2 and the story really clicked with me, to the point that I really wanted to progress it and wound up finishing the whole thing in a couple of days, putting me in position to get the requirements for this event done about a day after it launched. At which point I said, basically, 'yeah, I could use a good AOE Assassin, might as well'.

The Scandanavian Lostbelt is, probably, my single favorite arc of the entire game now. It has pacing and boss fights nearly as good as Camelot, combined with a story that was about on par with Babylonia and maybe my favorite cast of any story arc. Napoleon was a treat, the Valkyries were quite endearing and unlike Kadoc I actually found Ophelia extremely sympathetic and was very interested to see her story progress. I enjoyed it pretty much from the moment we get to the human village. If the entire game was this good, I'd rate it by far the best mobile game of all time. I only hope that SiN manages to maintain this level of excellence.

As for the event... It was good, right up until the end. It had an unusual and pretty enjoyable mission structure, lots of variety in stage and enemy design and the mystery aspects could be pretty fun at times (I called both 'Waver faked his death' and 'the automata was Salieri' ahead of time, which is a great way to feel smart. I'll take no credit for 'the papers are a trap', because that was painfully obvious from early on). The long series of boss fights for the Reminiscences was great as well. Gawain at night made me grin the entire time. 'If only the real fight had been this easy...' indeed. Then we get to the end. 'Kill 60 Tomes. Kill 60 bugs. Kill 60 Skeletons. You get 5 per run. None of these nodes drop a decent amount of bronze currency, so if you want the high-demand shop items you're going to need to run a different node 12 times as well. Yeah. 48 quests post-story, that progress only one mission at a time. Enjoy.' Terrible.

I did throw all my tickets at this banner, hoping for Astraea (leaving me with 312 SQ for GudaGuda, and hopefully some leftovers of that to start saving for the summer event). Got all the CEs, and that's it. Puts me about 40 rolls since my last Servant of any note. Hopefully this bodes good things in my quest for the GudAvenger.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Got the final copy of the event servant. My post event thoughts are that the story was ok, nothing special nothing terrible. The raid was pretty fun. Just a single raid that was timelocked in a way that it was reasonably easy to get to in time to raid. The missions were pretty fun and we'll paced, at least until the end.... After getting the last event servant copy I still had blade wings, golems, spell books, machines, and skeletons... At least you don't have to finish the tons of grind to get the event servant maxed but the back end of this reminds me of shiki's event a bit.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

I finished all the missions, but I am stuck on this challenge quest. Alexander + Waver doesn't seem like it should be that hard to beat, but Waver gets so many defense buffs it's hard to damage him at all, and Alexander has so much HP I can't kill him before he decimates my team thanks to getting extra NP charges from Waver every round.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

7. - Top - End - #157

NecromancerGirl

Challenge Quest done. 15 turns, 98% of the battle handled by Kama. Alex was gone in the first 3 thanks to Kama and 2 Skadi. The Saber Zero Suit with it's Quick Up, Star Gather, and Sure Hit made it very easy to 3 turn Alex. Then it was 11 turns of Kama, 2 Skadi, and my own Waver chipping away Evil Waver's health. First Evil Waver kills my Skadi, and chips away at the support Skadi, ignoring my Kama who he could likely kill in 2-3 hits. In the end, its my Waver who falls to bring out the ace in the hole: Rider Kintoki. Who timed his arrival with the MC's Quick Up, Crit Gather, and Skadi's Quick Up Skill coming off cool down at the same turn I got 10+ crit stars. Its all over with a single Quick Crit when Evil Waver had 20k hp left. Yeah, 3 support casters and Kama took out 400k+ of his health, which is pretty impressive. Most of it was Kama getting her NP off at least 3 times. I am loving her, and she's very quickly rising in my "who do I grail" list.

Now its just clearing the bronze drop node a bunch of times to clean out the last little of the shop I care about.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

I did it with Gray and 2x Waver. With Mash/Ryouma/Martha in the rear.

Took me a couple of times,

I got instantly smoked by Waver increasing Alexander's NP gauge without me preparing anything.

Then I learnt I had to switch Gray's CE to... the one from Oniland that gives Ignore Invincibility and slightly increases Buster damage. I went in assuming I'd use the ignore defense buff one, but the three turns of Evade turned out to be more of an issue. I managed to kill Alex on my second attempt but I had to wait three turns and at that point everyone was too weak to fight the near-untouched Waver.

Then the next attempt I learnt I needed to switch to the Atlas Uniform to clear the enemy Waver's debuffs so I could absolutely make sure I could get Grey's NP off on Alex's last life bar, as well as make sure one of the Wavers survived an NP.

On my last and ultimately successful attempt, I gave my Waver Volumen Hydrargyrum and hoped that would mean he'd survive until his cooldowns refreshed. Which worked, as it turned out. Alexander hits really, really hard but he doesn't attack that much and the enemy Waver just uses abilities that take up turns.

Eventually the enemy Waver killed my front line, and after that it was easy if tedious. Martha removed his defenses - thankfully - and Mash pretty much invalidated his attacks.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

I rethought my strategy based on what worked for you all, and I was able to do it. Without command seals even.

My winning team was Merlin (A Fragment of 2030), borrowed Skadi (some event CE), Kama (Origin Bullet), Mash (Dragon's Meridian), Gray (A Tale of Love & Hope), Rider Kintoki (Holy Night Supper).

Kama did all the attacking. Merlin and Skadi, then later Mash, all basically had the job of supporting and protecting Kama, til they died one by one. Gray did basically nothing. Eventually I took down Alexander, then landed one Kama NP on Waver (which charmed him for a turn) before she died. Thankfully Kintoki was able to clean up the rest.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

i'm loving the hunting quests this time around, managed to get a ton of much needed bones, just wish the statues spawned more often... i've only gotten a single spawn, though looking around i seem to be terribly unlucky with them.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    i'm loving the hunting quests this time around, managed to get a ton of much needed bones, just wish the statues spawned more often... i've only gotten a single spawn, though looking around i seem to be terribly unlucky with them.
    Really? I mean, I don't know how much you mean by "ton" but I got around 50-something bones and the statue showed up at least 10 times.

I wonder what the spawn rate actually is.

Also, isn't that statue Jinako/Ganesha? Their first ascension sprite, I mean.

12. - Top - End - #162

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Really? I mean, I don't know how much you mean by "ton" but I got around 50-something bones and the statue showed up at least 10 times.

I got the statue to appear a few times, to the point I started adding my Mona Lisa to my back line.

It appears, according to the wiki, to be a special enemy for these hunting quests, and yes, shares almost the same model with Jinako. Jinako has a ribbon, but on the statue's left side, when as a enemy they only show their right side.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

I got the statue to appear a few times, to the point I started adding my Mona Lisa to my back line.
    I was doing that from the beginning. I didn't go in knowing QP would drop, but I had an extra CE slot anyways. I've doubled my QP while grinding bones. Don't need Stakes they've got out on now or most bronze mats really, with the exception of Void Dust -- which aren't a drop in these apparently.

It appears, according to the wiki, to be a special enemy for these hunting quests, and yes, shares almost the same model with Jinako. Jinako has a ribbon, but on the statue's left side, when as a enemy they only show their right side.
    I guess it's kind of like how they use variants of Babbage's model for the usual drone/robot enemies.

It's interesting that they decided to do this. I mean, bringing up future Servants to cameo in events is something I'm used to now, but if we weren't two years behind JP I wouldn't give these weird elephant statues a second thought.

Although I guess "the next Lost Belt is in India and that new mob looks an awful lot like a statue of Ganesha" wouldn't be that odd to bring up. I'd probably assume it was going to be the next new setting-specific mob, not a Servant though.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2021-05-22 at 01:32 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Man, I wish the Bones day had fallen some other time. I had like no time to grind for this one, only did like seven or eight runs of it. I'd have much preferred to get in 20 or 30. Would have been well worth spending an hour or two on. It's quick and easy and gives exactly what I need (bones and EXP cards) in high numbers. There are some others coming up I'll want to do as well, but this was by far the highest priority and it also came on the busiest day of the week for me...

You know, QP has never really felt like a limiting factor for me? I got about 300k of it from the Apocrypha event a couple of months after I first started, and ever since then I've been fluctuating between 300k and 400k without ever dipping much below that. I'm sure there eventually comes a point when it becomes a problem, but the only thing in the game that's really QP-expensive enough to drain a bank that big is the last couple of skill levels on 5* Servants, and those are both extremely expensive material-wise and, frankly, not something I have a lot of. The fact that a lot of the SSRs I've gotten are extremely material-expensive to level the skills on (oh, hi there Holmes. What's that? You require 3 times as many gems as any normal Servant? Well how about that) probably adds to it, but... I dunno. Lots of people seem to have trouble with QP, but I've never really been able to make the number go down by an appreciable amount before another event pops up and shoots it back up. I always, always run out of mats before QP.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post

i also farmed up about 50 something bones but only got one statue. the luck seems to have turned around a bit, i am seeing it a decent amount on the ghouls.

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post

You know, QP has never really felt like a limiting factor for me? I got about 300k of it from the Apocrypha event a couple of months after I first started, and ever since then I've been fluctuating between 300k and 400k without ever dipping much below that. I'm sure there eventually comes a point when it becomes a problem, but the only thing in the game that's really QP-expensive enough to drain a bank that big is the last couple of skill levels on 5* Servants, and those are both extremely expensive material-wise and, frankly, not something I have a lot of. The fact that a lot of the SSRs I've gotten are extremely material-expensive to level the skills on (oh, hi there Holmes. What's that? You require 3 times as many gems as any normal Servant? Well how about that) probably adds to it, but... I dunno. Lots of people seem to have trouble with QP, but I've never really been able to make the number go down by an appreciable amount before another event pops up and shoots it back up. I always, always run out of mats before QP.
    its a little luck dependant but in general the longer you play the game the more 5 and 4 star servants you get and a lot of events tend to have a ton of materials to the point that the longer you play the less most materials matter you, for me it is for the most part just gold skill gems, bones, maybe witch steaks, and dragon teeth, and then the latest materials if i get a servant that needs them. a lot of events also don't offer great QP rewards and the ones that do tend to require a lot of grinding for them so mileage varies on them.

it also depends on how much you care about lv 10 skills and for people like me going to lv 8, 9, and 10 is only restricted by QP, and maybe the occasional batch of 200ish of the same bronze material.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-05-22 at 03:20 AM.

Current avatar by me

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

I spent roughly 300,000,000 QP during the Case Files raid. Almost all of that was level 7-10 skill upgrades on SR and SSRs. That was after spending around 170,000,000 QP on Kama from the previous event. So, no, I don't have a lot really.

Personally, I cultivate skill materials ahead of the Servant I'm going to roll for (or will get as welfares) then wait for events with big QP rewards to pay off their skills, leaving me usually with relatively little more than I came in with.

I know people who specifically plan their Servants out ahead of time also save the QP necessary to immediately level them up, but I'm willing to wait generally. The heavy lifting is getting the materials in the first place, QP will always be available in the vault if you have the off time to get it.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

And then there's me, who doesn't even save up embers to level the servant I'm planning to roll for (let alone save up the skill materials or QP), because what if I don't get them? Which is how I'm still working on Reines and only just recently finished maxing Kama's skills.

As for these hunting quests, I've had poor luck with the statues (only two appearances in a couple dozen runs of the quests), and I actually don't need the materials these two quests offer, so I'm waiting for the next batch. If we get one that drops Proof of Hero though, I will farm that as many times as I can.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    And then there's me, who doesn't even save up embers to level the servant I'm planning to roll for (let alone save up the skill materials or QP), because what if I don't get them? Which is how I'm still working on Reines and only just recently finished maxing Kama's skills.

As for these hunting quests, I've had poor luck with the statues (only two appearances in a couple dozen runs of the quests), and I actually don't need the materials these two quests offer, so I'm waiting for the next batch. If we get one that drops Proof of Hero though, I will farm that as many times as I can.
    According to the wiki --

Tomorrow/tonight's will be Forbidden Pages.

Then Proofs + Bloodstones will drop the day after.

Then the day following that it's Horseshoes.

Lastly, we conclude with Aurora Steel + Dragon Scales.

I don't technically need any of those. Though Kagetora uses a lot of Proofs and Aurora Steel, so I might invest some Apples into beefing up my stock a bit.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

its a little luck dependant but in general the longer you play the game the more 5 and 4 star servants you get and a lot of events tend to have a ton of materials to the point that the longer you play the less most materials matter you, for me it is for the most part just gold skill gems, bones, maybe witch steaks, and dragon teeth, and then the latest materials if i get a servant that needs them. a lot of events also don't offer great QP rewards and the ones that do tend to require a lot of grinding for them so mileage varies on them.

it also depends on how much you care about lv 10 skills and for people like me going to lv 8, 9, and 10 is only restricted by QP, and maybe the occasional batch of 200ish of the same bronze material.
    I have tons of 4*s at this point. The XP cards to level them all up? Not so much. It takes ludicrous numbers of cards to get a Servant to 80, something like 220 gold cards. In sixteen months since I started I've fully levelled I think sixteen or eighteen Servants, and four of those were Event Servants with 2x XP gain. With that said, 4* skills are pretty cheap. It's only something like 80 million SQ to fully max an SR, and practically more like 60 million to max two skills and get the third to 6. I could max out five of them from scratch with the QP I have and still have a decent chunk left over, not that I have anywhere near the skill gems and materials for that. SSRs are much more expensive, for sure, but I haven't pulled many many 5*s, and I certainly wouldn't try to plan on getting one ahead of time. My luck is nowhere near good enough for that. I've only pulled 2 SSRs in the last 12 months discounting Lucky Bags, and both were off-banner. I spent 80 rolls on Skadi and 140 between Gil and Ishtar. I have no Skadi, and no 5* Archer. I fully expect to throw 120 rolls at GudAvenger without anything to show for it except maybe a Beowulf or something if I'm lucky. Pretty sure I used up all my luck getting Achilles.

Regardless, QP has consistently been less of a problem for me than mats, and I only do QP doors every couple of days as it is (mostly Sundays, really, when I don't want to bother with XP cards for my dailies). My QP has been trending down a bit since I got to the point where I could 100% Events more frequently, but it still looks like I'm nowhere near in danger of running out.

... I just realized how many Bones I'll need to get Fran's skills even to 6/6/6. I really wish that one had fallen on a day off. I could really use another 100 or so of them between her and Gray...

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

exp cards seem much easier to come by as every month you can buy 50 of them in the mana prism shop, there are usually 100 in every event shop, and in events that you can farm extra in like lottery box events, the exp cards drop faster than qp. also grailing a servant to 100 costs soooo much qp. and the servants that i want to get lv 10 skills on are often the servants i want to be lv 100

Current avatar by me

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

exp cards seem much easier to come by as every month you can buy 50 of them in the mana prism shop, there are usually 100 in every event shop, and in events that you can farm extra in like lottery box events, the exp cards drop faster than qp. also grailing a servant to 100 costs soooo much qp. and the servants that i want to get lv 10 skills on are often the servants i want to be lv 100
    Yeah, I don't know if I'll bother grailing anyone up to 100. I think I'll stop at 90.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm always in awe of the dedication to take a 5star from 90 to 100. Was using a friend list Abby today and realized that she was 100, 10/10/10 and had a Code on every card.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

23. - Top - End - #173

NecromancerGirl

As someone with 5 level 100 10/10/10 servants with a 6th on the way, I can attest that QP vanishes sooo quick.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Just remember, grailing a 5* to 100 is just a labor of love. The gameplay advantages are very low compared to getting a lower rarity to lvl 80 or 90. If you don't have the time or inclination to raise a servant to lvl 100, it's absolutely not a bad thing. It just means you favor using your time another way.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Disregarding going to 100, the QP cost of levelling is negligible. Getting a 5* to 90 costs 9 million QP (what, four runs of max level doors with a Mona Lisa equipped Support?), and 375 gold XP cards (47 runs on XP card dailies, or seven months and change of all the shop XP cards, or about a month and a half of everything, events, dailies, shop, everything). Hell, even going to 100 is only about 50 million QP, and while that's six times more expensive than going to 90 (and minimally more effective in terms of gameplay) it's still only about 20 Doors runs compared to the 280 additional XP cards you need to spend on it (that's another month of everything, or 35 XP card runs).

The only thing that's truly expensive in QP is levelling skills (and, yes, grailing to 100, though that's something you're going to be able to do a lot less frequently), and specifically skill levels 8, 9 and 10 (which represent more than two thirds of the total cost of skill levelling), at least by comparison to cost in mats and/or XP cards. Now, admittedly, if you've been playing the game for four years you probably already have all the Servants you really want levelled up, since once you start pulling duplicates in large numbers from the gacha the rate at which you gain XP cards does eventually exceed the rate at which you gain Servants to spend them on. It takes a long, long time to reach that equilibrium though. Also the lottery events tend to give out scads of XP cards, and people who do 100+ boxes on that probably have XP to burn and then some. But outside of that one, single, usually once-a-year event, XP cards are by far the most time- and AP-consuming resource.

Except gold Fous, of course, but I mostly consider those a prestige thing. They're so insanely limited in number compared to the effect they give that you might as well just not think about them at all. It takes like an entire year of every gold Fou you can get your hands on to max out one Servant.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    Except gold Fous, of course, but I mostly consider those a prestige thing. They're so insanely limited in number compared to the effect they give that you might as well just not think about them at all. It takes like an entire year of every gold Fou you can get your hands on to max out one Servant.
    Just wait for the next big thing!

Spoiler: spoiler if you care about future game mechanism I guess
    Show
    Raising the damage of individual command cards. Makes gold fous look like value

Come to think of it though, given how many more servants there are in the game now getting to the equilibrium point of caring much more about qp then XP cards probably takes a lot longer. There were so few servants in the game back then. I probably can't understand what it is like being less than a year or two into the game. Especially now that getting a new servant is a huge rarity unless I dump a ton into the new summer banner or something.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-05-23 at 08:55 PM.

Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

I did a 10-pull on the extra banner...and got my NP5 Pianoman. So there's that I guess.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

As an aside, don't waste your MPs on the EXP cards in the Mana Prism shop. Unless you're really only just starting out and need the advantage, or you're in the last day or two of an event and there's a mission to max-level the event welfare Servant, you're better off saving your MPs for specialty CEs and just farming the exp the usual way. With dedication, it doesn't take long to get there.

And once you do, every ember becomes an MP. That's where the bulk of my MPs come from nowadays. My Servants are all max-level, so while I try to keep a stock of universal embers just in case of future Servants, I tend to burn the class-specific ones for the MPs. And that adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Just remember, grailing a 5* to 100 is just a labor of love. The gameplay advantages are very low compared to getting a lower rarity to lvl 80 or 90. If you don't have the time or inclination to raise a servant to lvl 100, it's absolutely not a bad thing. It just means you favor using your time another way.
    Not to mention, not all classes respond to leveling/grailing the same. The thing to remember about grailing is that it just adds levels, and all levels do is add to base stats. That's fine for a Servant with (a) good base stats to begin with, and (b) a dependency on those stats. For example, Berserkers, Avengers, and Alter Egos tend to lean heavily on their ATK stats, so giving them more ATK is rarely a bad investment. By contrast, Casters have a low ATK modifier to begin with, and their utility tends to stem from abilities, not stats, so giving them bigger numbers doesn't really improve their function in any meaningful way.

All that said, this game has always been about one thing: love. Grail your husbandos and your waifus. Fou your waifus and husbandos. It doesn't have to be more complex than that. Almost any Servant is functional within their niche without the investment of gold Fous or grails; you don't need them, they are a luxury. Pay attention to the Servants you pay attention to.

And then use them to commit genocide. With love.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

As an aside, don't waste your MPs on the EXP cards in the Mana Prism shop. Unless you're really only just starting out and need the advantage, or you're in the last day or two of an event and there's a mission to max-level the event welfare Servant, you're better off saving your MPs for specialty CEs and just farming the exp the usual way. With dedication, it doesn't take long to get there.

And once you do, every ember becomes an MP. That's where the bulk of my MPs come from nowadays. My Servants are all max-level, so while I try to keep a stock of universal embers just in case of future Servants, I tend to burn the class-specific ones for the MPs. And that adds up.
    Not bad advice, though for people starting out now you'd have to dedicate... I don't event want to think about how much time to actually level every Servant that way. But the truth is you really only need 2-3 Servants of each class to, y'know, do all of the content that will ever be in the game. That's about where I am now, and I'm finding SiN no less achievable than anything else. Once you have those brave 23-30 Servants, everyone else is just for fun or tiny incremental improvements in efficiency.

I, and anyone else starting about now, are probably never going to hit the point of burning 90% of their embers. Such is life. That said, it's entirely possible to accumulate prisms while getting XP cards. Doing the top two XP card dailies, all four Training Grounds and one top-level Doors run per day gets you 21 prisms per day. That's 630 per month, give or take. 50 XP cards and 5 Tickets costs 300. Burn all your silver XP cards from dailies, and all your 3* CEs and Servants from the FP gacha and you wind up with another 400ish per month. 700 prisms a month net positive that way, plus a bunch from events and what have you. Roughly enough to get the CEs you'd want, in every year except this one.

All that said, this game has always been about one thing: love. Grail your husbandos and your waifus. Fou your waifus and husbandos. It doesn't have to be more complex than that. Almost any Servant is functional within their niche without the investment of gold Fous or grails; you don't need them, they are a luxury. Pay attention to the Servants you pay attention to.

And then use them to commit genocide. With love.
    Ah, I had wondered where 'Paragon of Lawful Evil Red Fel' went. There we are.

That said, you pretty much summed up my stance on the game. I roll for Servants I like. I use Servants I like. I win with Servants I like.

... Admittedly, about 70% of the cast falls into the category of 'Servants I like'. But still.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

So I rolled on the Extra banner three times and spent 10 cards. And I got Gorgon . Four times.

A little disappointed that I didn't managed to draw a second Sitonai or a Jeanne, but Gorgon with a level 4 NP is a pretty nice consolation prize.

I do buy the Embers from the shop every month because I'm always leveling someone, you know? I'm no where close to getting all the Servants I care about to max level. Admittedly that leaves me in a spot where I can't afford to get all of the Mini Lisa CEs before time runs out. But hey, hopefully they'll restock/return to the shop eventually.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show