New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order V - Salty Theoretical Phenomenon

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Does anyone know when the first event that requires Lostbelt 4 completion is? I can do the story right now, but I have a few other tasks I'd like to focus on first if it's not going to bite me in the butt.
    I don't think there is any. If I recall the list of events correctly, we have a few reruns this and next year that need LB3, but the first new event that needs LBs finished just jump right to LB5 half a year after that finishes. And those are mostly just 2 events that build off the events of LB5, one being a time limited prequel and the other being a full bonus story arc that sticks around forever, that is needed to be completed before LB6. So its basically just fine to skip doing LB4 until Summer next year, if you feel you would like a somewhat useful support character that comes out for the 5th FES or if you would like a better quick lancer for dealing with Angry Archer. I know I plan to hold off on the Lostbelt 4 King fight until this Summer so I can use my own Merlin(pls gacha) for it, and then maybe hold off until next Summer to use Kagetora boosted by that arts support or Summer Yu boosted by Skadi to finish off the Archer/Berserker duo of the last fight. Or maybe I will get lucky and my early tries this year will pay off.

EDIT: I did remember wrong. However, I remembered worse then it was. The one I said was a prequel actually only needs LB1 finished, but covers up to LB4 in story, so minor spoilers might pop up if you haven't caught up. So, in terms of limited time events, there are no limited time events that need LB4, and its pretty much only reruns this and next year that need LB3 done. Almost all the others only need Fuyuki, with a small exception for 2 events, one rerun needing Orleans and the other new event needing Solomon. And its not until late 2022 that there will be a new event that needs Lostbelts complete. And even that one only needs the first. So you are good for a while, and can basically put off LB4 for a long time if you really want to.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2021-06-07 at 12:21 AM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    The difficulty curve feels a lot smoother too, though I know the final boss is something of a difficulty space elevator.
    Yeah, I was right. I didn't think Kama would do the trick against the Alter Ego boss and it ate a whole bar then my seals, so now I have a week of waiting to do the final two fights because of bad design.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: LB4 fight spoilers
    Show
    so i think i might want to start reading fights ahead. the first fight against william tell in section 13 i just went in blind, granted the calibur of servant i used gave me enough raw survivability to just removed all of his evades while still having ereashkigal alive at the end to do the finishing combo. but it was a stupidly long fight and i swear the 50% activation rate is actually 100% on NPs...

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

One non-spoiler point about the mechanics of this LB.

At first, when the notices of "You can assemble your team after the story bit" started showing up, I was annoyed. I prefer front-loading that noise. Let me set up my team, then do some story bits, then resume my genocide mode. That these notices kept popping up was frankly annoying.

And then I realized what they meant. They meant that I didn't have to look up encounter typings. Granted, on some encounters it was obvious - most of the time they list the icons - but occasionally you get that infuriating question mark. But if you pay attention to the story, it tells you who you'll be fighting. Which means that you can generally figure out the enemy classes, which in turn means you can quick-assemble a team in response.

Which meant that I really didn't have to look up bosses for typing. Which was kinda nice.

Moving onto my spoilery thoughts on this latest LB.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay. Let's get it out of the way. Asha is a precious cinnamon bun. Someone on Reddit recently posted a picture of Patxi, Gelda, and Asha being spared from nonexistence and playing together peacefully in a field of flowers in Avalon, and that is now my headcanon, heck with you I'm not crying you're crying.

Onto the characters. I expected to like Lakshmi Bai - clumsy Jeanneface is endearing. I was wrong, she was bland, would not pull. Likewise, I expected to like Hot Wheels - angry archer who's secretly a good boy is adorable. I was wrong, he was bland, would not pull.

And then on the other hand, there's Jinako. I expected to love Jinako. I didn't play her game, but I figured she'd be relatable. And then we met her in this LB. And while my initial reaction was out-loud laughter, because that statue bit was funny, that laughter turned stale very quickly. Hey, remember when Osakabehime was super-cringy with her excessive Engrish mash-ups? Same reaction. Look, another fat joke and another self-deprecating remark about being a shut-in. It got real old, real fast.

And then came the cube. I did not expect Jinako to break my heart like that, but she totally did. Precious cinnamon bun, do love, would pull.

Fun fact, Jinako is a permanent, non-story-locked Servant. So while you're unlikely to see her unless on rate-up, she can technically spook at any time.

In terms of enemies, I liked Tell fine, did not like Asclepius, and already spoke about Hot Wheels. So let's talk about the last two - Limbo and nobody else.

Because Arjuna was barely a character. Despite being present throughout, he really felt like nothing to me. His personal struggles only surfaced towards the end, and felt like nothing. His motivations felt forced-in to remind us that this otherwise alien character had some human motivations. It did not work. But for the fact that Godjuna is basically the Berserker, would not pull at all.

Limbo, on the other hand, has an incredibly punchable face. While I may hate that smug T-Vitch, Limbo is legitimately menacing and creepy. Job well done in making that character out of somebody's nightmares.

So let's move onto the plot. We show up, discover that there is a cycle of life, death and rebirth, and try to take out the deity responsible. Pretty straightforward and the story beats are what you'd expect. There are some steps forward, some setbacks, some heartache, a few inspiring speeches, the villain has a breakdown, then you fight a tree. The broad strokes have become pretty old hat by now.

I think the problem with these LBs is that it's hard to come up with a new theme. The first LB was about how life was so hard that humanity had to stop being human to survive. This was done at the will of a seemingly benevolent but otherwise alien deity-figure. The second LB was about how Ragnarok went awry and so the last of humanity lived in idyllic villages, but if they stepped out of line they could die instantly. This was done at the will of a seemingly benevolent but otherwise alien deity-figure. The third LB was about how a single being took upon his shoulders all of humanity's progress, and left humanity in an idyllic but dead-end existence. This was done at the will of a seemingly benevolent but otherwise alien deity-figure.

Seeing a pattern here? In order to make us feel bad for erasing the Lostbelts, the writers make each one a twisted paradise - a seemingly idyllic world that's wrong for some reason, usually because humanity has dead-ended - overseen by a seemingly benevolent but otherwise alien deity-figure. I could see the pattern before I finished the first leg of the story. Humanity lives its simple, happy lives in LB 4, praying and celebrating, and then cowers in fear for a few days during the culling, all at the direction of an alien deity-figure who just wants to carve out the worst of humanity but has lost track of what humanity actually is. Saw that coming a mile away.

Sure, the execution was great. I liked some of the characters. And the story managed to keep up a level of intensity and urgency that some of the other LBs dropped the ball on. But Arjuna felt like an even blander QSH. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't particularly novel.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

I got very very close to beating Godjuna without a revive, if he hadn't had that last guts I could have used a single seal to NP and finish him off. So i might be able to do it without a revive if I'm lucky.

Factotum Variants!

6. - Top - End - #216

NecromancerGirl

Wasted 60SQ on this new banner. Wanted the archer. Instead I got my 5th Scope as well my second copy of Astraea. Oh, and the Berserker I really didn't want.

I hate how this game gives me good stuff, but not the good stuff I actually want. I know there are a LOT of people who wish they got him so quickly, but he just isn't the kind of character I want. I am perfectly happy with my Raikou, don't need Arjuna doing basically the same thing.

And I was needing this SQ to try for NP5 Mori next event... Oh well. I got ways.

EDIT: finally beat him in the story. Took 2 seals, and in the very end 1SQ revival, as I was just absolutely sick of the guy. He's hands down the worst character in the entire LB, and I just wanted him GONE from the game.

EDIT2: And having finished the LB, the gift CE just makes me really want to Burn Arjuna Alter. It just hammers in how awful he was to that land. A family of a husband and wife, 7 kids, and a dog was cut away down to a single little girl. I probably won't burn him, but he is not EVER getting a single resource from me. Not even a single 1 star ember.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2021-06-10 at 03:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

I threw 90 SQ and 7 tickets at the new banner just because. All I have to show for it is a single copy of Asclepius and some mana prisms from the various 3* servants and 4* CEs I burned.
    Oh well. I didn't really care if I got Arjuna or not, I just threw the SQ because I wanted to see what would happen. Hopefully I'll build up some karma for a banner I actually care about down the line sometime. Still, probably should've saved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

I managed to beat Godjuna without using a single seal because BERZERKER IS THE STRONGEST!

Then came the Tree and Hot Wheels, which I used a seal to heal for, but ended up not needing it because Space Waifu MHXX is amazing.

Then I tossed a single ten-pull at banner 2 and got Arjuna. Something is going to go terribly wrong soon I know it.

Factotum Variants!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

I only had to use a my seals on the last Arjuna fight cause I was kinda lazy and didn't wanna refight. Every Arjuna fight and the last fight my bacon was saved by pocket lv100 jalter. That invincibility of hers combined with the raw damage and neutral defense against the non berserker things was so useful. And meant I could keep bond leveling her and angry man. And while I knew angry man wasn't great I was impressed at the level of useless he was any time he managed to come out.

Spoiler: story related
    Show
    so the nice an novel thing about this lb is that it is super high octane cause India. India is all about that infinite power scaling. Not too novel a story like red fel says but at least the setting feels right.

On hot wheels I actually like him as a character. Every other servant I can do without though tell seems likeable enough. I would even say he might be the best written character in the chapter imo. While they could have done more with his rage they turned him into a pretty solid flat character arc. They throw you off by portraying him as an unstoppable ball of rafe you need to overcome but after figuring out how to fix his curse you have a guy who just accepts people for who they are. Often angrily but he just carries on showing you he is just a guy who is very angry. He is used as a sorta kinda foil for some characters too like I felt I learned more about pepe by comparing him to his servant than any other time. He also has decent interaction with jinako and karna later in the chapter.

Anyway this story turned me off to many characters I thought I would like and made me like hot wheels so I let myself spend 60 SQ and managed to get him.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #220
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh nice the Lancer I've been waiting for has Her event next week, didn't think it was till later in the year.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Must... Resist... Urge to dump... Must roll on summer banner this year... Nobu can wait...

Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I disagree

Nobu cannot wait

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Oh how the turns have tabled

Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #224

NecromancerGirl

I just want NP5 Mori. But the game hates giving me rate up 3 stars. Cause rate up is a lie. Oh, and I'm planning on Grailing Kagatora to 90, for VA reasons. Just wish she paired better with Okita or Himiko outside of VA reasons. At least she kind of meshes with Shuten and Shikibu.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Crisis of Infinite Nobbus. I love it.

Factotum Variants!

16. - Top - End - #226

NecromancerGirl

I love how the whole event is basically done as a tribute to Nobunaga's Ambition, which in some crowds might be more known for its spin off Pokemon Conquest. Its a fun gimmick style, and slightly reminds me of the first summer event of gathering resources.

Meanwhile in Gacha news, I managed to get NP5 Mori as planned, took a lot longer then I had hoped, and had the nice bonus of also picking up Avenger Nobbu. Kind of abused the Desire Sensor on that one, getting it to give me the 5 Star by actually wanting the 3 Star. But the real problem is that I had been doing a "roll off" battle with my brother, who wanted Avenger Nobbu. He got Mori before me, but I got Avenger Nobbu before him. However the Stupid Lucky jerk then proceeded to pull (In One Ten Roll!) Avenger Nobbu, Ganesha, and a second Avenger Nobbu. Three 5 Stars, in a single Ten Roll. Its super annoying, and I swear he does this just to annoy me.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Aka the standard sengoku sub genre of games. There are TONS of them out there with similar styles of gameplay.

Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

59 rolls got me the Demon King I was looking for, which is... Quite a bit luckier than I'd expected to get. I also got NP3 Mori, no less than 8 copies of the 4* event CE, one copy of the 5* one and... That's about it. I'm very pleased to have Nobbu, so I'm not going to complain about the game being a bit stingy on 4*s in my last 100 rolls (to be specific, I've pulled Ibaraki in that time period. Just Ibaraki, and now Nobbu.) Though I was kind of hoping to have Nobbuzerker as well, so I could play Oda Squadron when Nobukatsu shows up. Ah well. In exchange, I still have over 200 SQ left when I was planning to only have 90, so I'll have far more rolls than planned for summer. Probably shoot for MHXX in that case; I could definitely use a Foreigner, and I love her mecha styling. Then of course try to save ~120 rolls for the new event, where I like all the Servants.

This marks the first time I've ever purposefully rolled for a 5* and succeeded. It's... Kind of nice. And the event seems like a very nice change of pace, so I'm enjoying myself so far.

In other news, I did finish SiN about two weeks ago, and also managed to eke out enough prisms to get my MLB Bella Lisa, by grinding dailies much harder than I normally do. I've discovered that, even without a Skadi of my own, Skadi and Achilles together kind of obliterate dailies. My general MO is to run Sieg with Imaginary Element, Achilles with Kaleidoscope and a borrowed Skadi, have Sieg NP turn 1 and Achilles go turn 2 and 3. It works... Almost always. Only Assassin and Caster training grounds quests don't die to this; even Assassin Ember Gathering just gets nuked by Achilles' NP with all the boosts (and for that one I save Sieg for 3rd wave anyways, and use Achilles T1 and T2). I can only imagine what the real Skadi cheese is like.

Regarding SiN:
    Spoiler: Lostbelt 3 Spoilers
    Show

This was the first time in the Lostbelts that I really felt like there was nothing to feel sad about in the ending. The simple fact is that QSH has turned the entire human race into cattle, and his empire was utterly doomed from the beginning. Unlike LB1 and 2, where we need to sacrifice some unquestionably good things to ensure our world's survival, here I can feel little but pity for the human cattle doomed to short, pointless existences that make up a dead-end world. LB1 and 2 are places surviving in the face of great disasters, with Rulers that did their best to preserve humanity in the face of near-certain extinction. LB3 is a terrible dystopia disguised as a happy place, entirely by QSH's design. Gracious philosopher that he may be, the First Emperor is probably the worst tyrant we have ever seen in FGO, and a clear-cut villain that needed defeating. Its Crypter is a selfish fool who blames others for the consequences of her own actions (or lack thereof), who is maybe even less sympathetic than Kadoc the raging personification of envy. I can feel some sympathy for Xiang Yu alone, considering he sticks resolutely to his principles from beginning to end, but the fact that he was willing to fight for a society that treats its populace as, effectively, something between pets and livestock doesn't say good things about him, either.

That said, while I didn't enjoy the story as much as LB2, I still think it had some great moments. In particular, QSH simply needing to admit philosophical defeat in the face of Jing Ke's demonstration of the value of human ingenuity and individuality, and essentially being persuaded that his methods were misguided and willingly accepting that our world is a better path rather than simply being vanquished by force of arms was a very enjoyable change quite in character with FGO's style.

In terms of gameplay... This chapter immediately jumped my evaluation of Osakabehime up immensely. I don't know that I would have beat it without spamming Command Seal resurrections without her, or somebody else with on-demand buff removal. It's pretty much 'Boss buffs up and murders you' the story arc, and it was definitely much harder than anything before it with the possible exception of the Temple of Time. Both Han Xin fights are brutal slogs, with the first being by far the most painful 'single huge replenishing wave of mooks' fight I've seen in this game (taking the crown from '9 Lahmu all spamming buff removal and NP down') and Li Shuwen being straight impossible without either cheese or multiple sources of on-demand buff removal. And every time Xiang Yu fights you except the last is an absurd damage race against a guy who can easily crit down any non-Foreigner in a single attack and who loves to throw on 3-turn Ignore Invincible at regular intervals. Oh, and half the time there's another Servant present who Taunts, so you can't even target the AOE-having Ignore Invincible-using Berzerker who will one-shot anyone, at any time. Half the time it's just RNG. Oops, he one-shot crit my Merlin on turn 1, then one-shot crit my main damage dealer turn 2. Guess I lose. Might as well try again. Again, Osakabehime was half the reason I could handle him at all; buff removal for his Evade and Ignore Invincible (and those annoying Taunters), plus massive stacked Defense Up to survive his hits. Without her, I would have struggled a lot.

I do appreciate the need for strategy, but I think having some variety in strategy would have been nice. 'You need at least this much buff removal to proceed' for half the difficult fights in the Lostbelt is a bit much. Bonus points for Medea finally feeling like a good investment, though, and definitely made me glad to have the NEET princess. The fact that pretty much all the fights in the entire Lostbelt just don't care at all about Evade, and barely notice Invincible, just makes everything so much more painful to deal with.

I'm going to put off Lostbelt 4 for... A while, I think. Get done all the Pseudo-singularities, keep up with the events and develop my roster a little bit more. It's painfully clear that just having 3ish generalists in each class just isn't cutting it right now. The difficulty jump between LB2 and LB3 was... Really definitely a wakeup call on that front. I don't mind occasionally having difficulty with a quest, but between the Xiang Yu fights and the Han Xin ones I probably had to restart 20 times thanks to bad RNG or strategies that just weren't working. That's a bit much for a casual mobile game.

... And with that, my phone should probably be recharged enough to go back to conquering Sengoku Japan for the glory of Clan Chaldea.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    59 rolls got me the Demon King I was looking for, which is... Quite a bit luckier than I'd expected to get. I also got NP3 Mori, no less than 8 copies of the 4* event CE, one copy of the 5* one and... That's about it. I'm very pleased to have Nobbu, so I'm not going to complain about the game being a bit stingy on 4*s in my last 100 rolls (to be specific, I've pulled Ibaraki in that time period. Just Ibaraki, and now Nobbu.) Though I was kind of hoping to have Nobbuzerker as well, so I could play Oda Squadron when Nobukatsu shows up. Ah well. In exchange, I still have over 200 SQ left when I was planning to only have 90, so I'll have far more rolls than planned for summer. Probably shoot for MHXX in that case; I could definitely use a Foreigner, and I love her mecha styling. Then of course try to save ~120 rolls for the new event, where I like all the Servants.

This marks the first time I've ever purposefully rolled for a 5* and succeeded. It's... Kind of nice. And the event seems like a very nice change of pace, so I'm enjoying myself so far.

In other news, I did finish SiN about two weeks ago, and also managed to eke out enough prisms to get my MLB Bella Lisa, by grinding dailies much harder than I normally do. I've discovered that, even without a Skadi of my own, Skadi and Achilles together kind of obliterate dailies. My general MO is to run Sieg with Imaginary Element, Achilles with Kaleidoscope and a borrowed Skadi, have Sieg NP turn 1 and Achilles go turn 2 and 3. It works... Almost always. Only Assassin and Caster training grounds quests don't die to this; even Assassin Ember Gathering just gets nuked by Achilles' NP with all the boosts (and for that one I save Sieg for 3rd wave anyways, and use Achilles T1 and T2). I can only imagine what the real Skadi cheese is like.

Regarding SiN:
    Spoiler: Lostbelt 3 Spoilers
    Show

This was the first time in the Lostbelts that I really felt like there was nothing to feel sad about in the ending. The simple fact is that QSH has turned the entire human race into cattle, and his empire was utterly doomed from the beginning. Unlike LB1 and 2, where we need to sacrifice some unquestionably good things to ensure our world's survival, here I can feel little but pity for the human cattle doomed to short, pointless existences that make up a dead-end world. LB1 and 2 are places surviving in the face of great disasters, with Rulers that did their best to preserve humanity in the face of near-certain extinction. LB3 is a terrible dystopia disguised as a happy place, entirely by QSH's design. Gracious philosopher that he may be, the First Emperor is probably the worst tyrant we have ever seen in FGO, and a clear-cut villain that needed defeating. Its Crypter is a selfish fool who blames others for the consequences of her own actions (or lack thereof), who is maybe even less sympathetic than Kadoc the raging personification of envy. I can feel some sympathy for Xiang Yu alone, considering he sticks resolutely to his principles from beginning to end, but the fact that he was willing to fight for a society that treats its populace as, effectively, something between pets and livestock doesn't say good things about him, either.

That said, while I didn't enjoy the story as much as LB2, I still think it had some great moments. In particular, QSH simply needing to admit philosophical defeat in the face of Jing Ke's demonstration of the value of human ingenuity and individuality, and essentially being persuaded that his methods were misguided and willingly accepting that our world is a better path rather than simply being vanquished by force of arms was a very enjoyable change quite in character with FGO's style.

In terms of gameplay... This chapter immediately jumped my evaluation of Osakabehime up immensely. I don't know that I would have beat it without spamming Command Seal resurrections without her, or somebody else with on-demand buff removal. It's pretty much 'Boss buffs up and murders you' the story arc, and it was definitely much harder than anything before it with the possible exception of the Temple of Time. Both Han Xin fights are brutal slogs, with the first being by far the most painful 'single huge replenishing wave of mooks' fight I've seen in this game (taking the crown from '9 Lahmu all spamming buff removal and NP down') and Li Shuwen being straight impossible without either cheese or multiple sources of on-demand buff removal. And every time Xiang Yu fights you except the last is an absurd damage race against a guy who can easily crit down any non-Foreigner in a single attack and who loves to throw on 3-turn Ignore Invincible at regular intervals. Oh, and half the time there's another Servant present who Taunts, so you can't even target the AOE-having Ignore Invincible-using Berzerker who will one-shot anyone, at any time. Half the time it's just RNG. Oops, he one-shot crit my Merlin on turn 1, then one-shot crit my main damage dealer turn 2. Guess I lose. Might as well try again. Again, Osakabehime was half the reason I could handle him at all; buff removal for his Evade and Ignore Invincible (and those annoying Taunters), plus massive stacked Defense Up to survive his hits. Without her, I would have struggled a lot.

I do appreciate the need for strategy, but I think having some variety in strategy would have been nice. 'You need at least this much buff removal to proceed' for half the difficult fights in the Lostbelt is a bit much. Bonus points for Medea finally feeling like a good investment, though, and definitely made me glad to have the NEET princess. The fact that pretty much all the fights in the entire Lostbelt just don't care at all about Evade, and barely notice Invincible, just makes everything so much more painful to deal with.

I'm going to put off Lostbelt 4 for... A while, I think. Get done all the Pseudo-singularities, keep up with the events and develop my roster a little bit more. It's painfully clear that just having 3ish generalists in each class just isn't cutting it right now. The difficulty jump between LB2 and LB3 was... Really definitely a wakeup call on that front. I don't mind occasionally having difficulty with a quest, but between the Xiang Yu fights and the Han Xin ones I probably had to restart 20 times thanks to bad RNG or strategies that just weren't working. That's a bit much for a casual mobile game.

... And with that, my phone should probably be recharged enough to go back to conquering Sengoku Japan for the glory of Clan Chaldea.
    LB4 is actually pretty easy, until the final chapter where the difficulty spikes hard.

Speaking of, I finished LB4!

Spoiler: LB4
    Show
    So I really liked this one character wise. Pepe was awesome, Goredolf got a moment to shine, all the Servants were on point, and the Ganesha's 'even NEETs deserve to see the sky' was weirdly touching to me. Her heroic feat was the most awesome part of the story, IMO.

Story wise it was pretty decent. The whole 'the world will be perfect when everyone has been obliterated' thing seemed really obvious. And Arjuna in general was pretty bland. But I liked how his hamfisted alterations to his Loapaka ended up backfiring on pretty much all of them,
    I also liked the plan to remove his power. Though the Daybit Deus Ex Machina really came out of nowhere, and thus managed to be a complete surprise.

Biggest annoyance was Pepe's condemnation of Proper History as being violent and evil. The only reason this Lostbelt didn't have a normal amount of violence was because anyone who did commit violence was obliterated in the next cycle. And the cycles themselves were pretty horrifying. Get attacked by monsters and if you get injured, poof, you basically never existed.

And after Arjura is removed, there is no reason to expect things to stay peaceful. In the short term, maybe. But as time goes on, they'd basically just follow a path pretty similar to Proper History.

Also annoyed that we didn't get to speak up in defense of Proper History either. I mean, how many millions of people get to live completely normal peaceful lives, and then die peaceful deaths? Probably more than all of the LB combined, considering how low their populations all are. And that's just those who have lived peaceful lives. Those whose lives are touched, even dominated, by violence still can have happiness, love, and all other positive emotions in it. I'd like to speak up for those people FGO! Or have a Servant do that on our behalf, at least.

Anyways, I did find it interesting that Limbo basically encouraged the destruction of this LB. And did he imply that the LBs aren't meant to last? I think he did. Whatever the Foreign God's plan, I think it might not have any of the LBs actually succeed.

Gameplay wise, like I said, it was pretty easy until the final chapter. Limbo + Arjura was legitimately the hardest part. Freaking Limbo would end up killing half my team, and usually damaging the other half too. I just didn't have enough left to finish off Arjura.

The Karna vs Arjura was difficult, but it was pretty obvious right from the get go that I needed to use my Command Seals. He'd just one shot everyone, and the fact I don't have a Foreigner + the fact I had to use Karna meant I didn't waste too much time trying to get through without it. I did spend a hot minute calculating if Karna could beat the last stage in one go if I used a singular Command Seal, but I figured he wouldn't, and I was proven right.

The Tree was pretty easy in comparison. I just had to wait for the right Foreigner Support to pop up, and to pop Atlas on Sitonai to get through Stages 1 and 2.

Overall though, I've never missed Mash's base form more. She would've made those fights so much easier. Instead not having any sort of defense up buffs the fights were a slog.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

I spent the download tickets on the event banner, came away with 1 3* Event CE, NP1 Mori...and freaking Xiang Yu. That's the second 5* when I wasn't even going for one in less than a month.

Factotum Variants!

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

I spent about 90 SQ and a handful of tickets and managed to nab Mori. No Maou Nobu, but then I wasn't particularly interested in that Servant - I may or may not like the character by the end of the event, but gameplay-wise... not the strongest Avenger. (I already have her, her name is Jalter.) And while I'd love to NP5 Mori, I'll be honest, he's only decent and I doubt it's worth the SQ to chase him. Maybe in the rerun.

As for this event... GUDAGUDAs are always my favorite. This is no exception. I love the Nobunaga's Ambition aesthetic, the fights where you basically have to have recruited a particular Servant are actually kind of clever, and the humor is on-point. (Yeah, Izo. All the other Sabers seem to use beams, Izo. What's up with that, Izo?) I expect it will become slightly less fun once it becomes a materials grind, but while I'm working through the story it's quite fun.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

22. - Top - End - #232
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

156sq and 11 tickets got me NP1 nobuvenger, 2 nobuzerker(bringing her to np3) 3x 4* ce, x6 3* ce, x5 5* CE(!) And NP9 Mori, which is nuts.

I'm very, very happy with that haul.

As for the event, well Nobunaga and Uesugi Kenshin are two of my favorite figures from the Warring States period, so I'm quite happy with it, I also really like Mash embracing her role as Chief Retainer.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

I had a dream that somehow I got Space Ishtar early. It was very odd.

Factotum Variants!

24. - Top - End - #234

NecromancerGirl

Used 11 tickets on the Nero banner. Got the last copy of OG Nero I needed to finish mine. I now have a Level 100 10/10/10 NP5 OG Nero. Was actually hoping for a copy of Nero Bride to bring mine to NP2, but what I got is just fine by me.

In event news I'm really enjoying how the event is balanced for starting players as it lets me use Mori for all the fights. Sure he dies in 2 or 3 hits but he is just fun to use. Even his character is fun, being angry, bloodthirsty, but extremely loyal, and as soon as told to stand down, does so with no argument. Just waiting for the epilogue to unlock, likely with 40ap quests with the good item grinding nodes. But until then I'm just running the 30 cost ones for something to do.

The biggest question I have is, since the event is open to everyone who beat Fuyuki, but the story is built on and references a lot of Lostbelt things, is what that's like for starting players? Or did they make an entirely different set of cutscenes for those who haven't beat Solomon?

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Used 11 tickets on the Nero banner. Got the last copy of OG Nero I needed to finish mine. I now have a Level 100 10/10/10 NP5 OG Nero. Was actually hoping for a copy of Nero Bride to bring mine to NP2, but what I got is just fine by me.

In event news I'm really enjoying how the event is balanced for starting players as it lets me use Mori for all the fights. Sure he dies in 2 or 3 hits but he is just fun to use. Even his character is fun, being angry, bloodthirsty, but extremely loyal, and as soon as told to stand down, does so with no argument. Just waiting for the epilogue to unlock, likely with 40ap quests with the good item grinding nodes. But until then I'm just running the 30 cost ones for something to do.

The biggest question I have is, since the event is open to everyone who beat Fuyuki, but the story is built on and references a lot of Lostbelt things, is what that's like for starting players? Or did they make an entirely different set of cutscenes for those who haven't beat Solomon?
    Apparently the tech for changing scenes based on story progress wasn't ready by this event, so yeah seeing young Da Vinci or Mash's Ortinax suit would be confusing the new players.

Factotum Variants!

26. - Top - End - #236

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Apparently the tech for changing scenes based on story progress wasn't ready by this event, so yeah seeing young Da Vinci or Mash's Ortinax suit would be confusing the new players.
    Not to mention seeing Sion, Goredolf, and the New Chaldea.

Currently basically finished the event. Story done, Kagetora maxed, shop cleared of the important things for me. Just 2 quests to claim a bit more territory, but they dont really give anything too important. At this point I need to do a bunch of math to figure if grinding the 30ap gold drop node gives enough returns between dropped resources and post event supplies trade ins for QP to outweigh just simply running the QP daily. Its a lot of math, that someone smarter then me has probably already done. And it might only be worth it if you have a certain number of gold drop CEs. Guess its off to google/reddit.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still a couple days behind in clearing the shop, but I'm most of the way through the event's story (I think). I am happy to see that they didn't gate newer players out of the event, even if it does contain story spoilers. Now those players can make their own choice about whether to take on the event or not, which is how I always thought it should be.

On another note, I managed to scrape together enough mana prisms to max out Bella Lisa before it expires from the MP shop.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

I do need to do the finale and clear out a couple other nodes, but Kagetora is NP5 and she's pretty great overall.

It is pretty annoying that the good drop nodes are just tough enough that you can't 3-turn them though.\

I'm not sure what the intended strategy for the challenge quest is. Can't stall because he'll just undo all your damage, can't rushdown because three giant health bars and defense buffs.
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2021-06-27 at 08:30 PM.

Factotum Variants!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

I just wish Kagetora didn't need Proof of Hero for skill leveling. That is by far the material I am perpetually shortest on, and has been for a good year and a half at this point. No matter how many they give us, I always need more.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I just wish Kagetora didn't need Proof of Hero for skill leveling. That is by far the material I am perpetually shortest on, and has been for a good year and a half at this point. No matter how many they give us, I always need more.
    That's me but with bones.