Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Fate/Grand Order V - Salty Theoretical Phenomenon

Fate/Grand Order - Are you my Master?
    Fate/Grand Order II - Top Kōhai
    Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles
    Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

I love this community, let's keep enjoying this game! Feel free to discuss about the game, for those who play it. You can leave your Friend Code so we can add you.

For those who know not how to play, you can find it in the AppStore and iStore. In case your country isn't covered, you can also download the game via APKPure, as it can be updated when the game is, without needing to search for the APKs individually.

We made it all the way towards the fifth thread. Right now, we're almost finished with the SE.RA.PH. rerun, but there should be some content coming up~

iOS
    Google Play

Spoiler: User IDs US
    Show
    Nick Code
    Ami 442,363,271
    Anarion 939,016,565
    Callos_DeTerran 559,157,245
    DrakeRaids 228,354,945
    Fel 932,305,193
    Forum Explorer 449,346,152
    HMS Invincible 058,260,420
    Kitten Champion [Cure] 375,280,141
    Loch 953,769,985
    Manticoran 025,817, 326
    NeoPhoenix 939,415,749
    Nerocite 249,330,879
    nightwyrm 938,030,873
    Saambell 445,861,011
    Setsuna 859,204,200
    Silva 192,524,732
    SithCats 161,184,235
    Yæl 079,246,522

Current Lostbelt
    Last edited by Yael; 2021-03-06 at 12:44 AM.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order V - Salty Theoretical Phenomenon

They just announced the Boys Collection event starts on the 8th, basically being the guys version of Valentine's. So all guy banners, and a story bit focused on Professor J Moriarty.

But the big thing to note is after the Boys Collection is what is basically Seraph Part 2 or Lostbelt 3.5. Which obviously means it requires you to be up to date on the story. So if the Valentine's event bored you and this shop has nothing you want, this is about your last chance to rush through the Lostbelts. However since this is the first time they are running LB3.5 it will get a rerun. So feel free to hold off until next time if you dont/cant rush. As a side note, the banner for LB3.5 has what is perhaps the second best assassin in the game, just barely behind Jack. So if you are lacking in assassins, maybe throw a few rolls for her. Though, she is VERY fanservice focused, so be warned. But less creepy then Jack, mostly.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

This seems like the prime time to request my name be added to the OP.

Forum Explorer: 449, 346, 152
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Supposedly we get a week off after the Moriarty event,which will be nice, I guess.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    This seems like the prime time to request my name be added to the OP.

Forum Explorer: 449, 346, 152
    Added.

On the topic of SE.RA.PH. 2, it's nice to see old events get a continuation of sorts, I like a lot when summer events get referenced with each other, just as x-mass does every year with the passing of the torch for the new santa(s).
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

If were discussing follow-ups, I'm looking forward to Saber Wars II. Saber Wars was such a rudimentary event in every way -- gameplay structure, story, and art assets. It was more Saber Lily: The Training Arc than anything.

Doing the whole Star Wars space-adventure parody thing could be pretty fun in modern FGO though, in the goofy Gintama kind of way.

7. - Top - End - #7

NecromancerGirl

SE.RA.PH. was fun in that it was very much an Extra Epic of Remnant. Even the title cards full on referred to it as such. It being where the 4th Demon Pillar fled to, as Shimousa never had one. The thing with Ooku being SE.RA.PH. Part 2 is it builds on a few lines stated near the end. Ooku also has the fun status of being Lostbelt 3.5 as it follows on from the events of SIN, and is based on something that happens in Lostbelt 4's backstory. So for almost all intents and purposes, its basically a limited time Main Story Side Arc. Which is a cool thing in many ways, being able to include whole optional story arcs that are tied into the main plot, but can possibly be skipped.

But again, it falls into the "time locked events that require certain story progress" which is very harsh on those first starting. SE.RA.PH later gets added to the Rare Prism shop: trade 5 rare prisms, get to play the full main questline. Which is great, lets old events have another chance to appear. And all it takes is playing for more then a year, as with the changes to Event Gift Servants, once you get a 6th copy, they give Rare Prisms. Its a good system, mostly, and I just really hope they add more and more events. Mostly the Kyara no Kyoukai event and the Onigashima event. People without Shiki and Kintoki Rider are really missing out. Especially Kintoki, that boy is a monster of a Rider. Though getting more copies of the event Servant is 2 Rare Prisms a pop. So in all you end up needing 13 Rare Prisms. Which is why I still have some doubts about the whole thing. 13 Rare Prisms are hard to come by for a lot of people. You either have to be really "unlucky" and pull a character over and over again, or make real sacrifices about who you don't need. I will say, IF they ever add Onigashima to the Prism shop, Burn your Anne and Mary copies. They are a JOKE compared to the BEAST Kintoki is.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Ahh, that new thread smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    They just announced the Boys Collection event starts on the 8th, basically being the guys version of Valentine's. So all guy banners, and a story bit focused on Professor J Moriarty.
    With regard to the Moriarty event, and without any spoilers, a few notes. First: All Male Servants receive a damage boost during this event. This also includes non-gender Servants, such as Enkidu. So when you're setting up your teams and supports, keep that in mind.

Second: That's about all you have to worry about. The event is one of the least grindy we get. We get rewards - including a Grail - for just clearing the story quests, and aside from a Moriarty wardrobe and some Fous, the shop is pretty bare. You could farm to empty the shop, but you probably don't need to. So see this as an opportunity to relax, and if you haven't cleared your LBs yet, do the minimal farming required and get back to work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    But the big thing to note is after the Boys Collection is what is basically Seraph Part 2 or Lostbelt 3.5. Which obviously means it requires you to be up to date on the story. So if the Valentine's event bored you and this shop has nothing you want, this is about your last chance to rush through the Lostbelts. However since this is the first time they are running LB3.5 it will get a rerun. So feel free to hold off until next time if you dont/cant rush. As a side note, the banner for LB3.5 has what is perhaps the second best assassin in the game, just barely behind Jack. So if you are lacking in assassins, maybe throw a few rolls for her. Though, she is VERY fanservice focused, so be warned. But less creepy then Jack, mostly.
    I wouldn't say this Servant - who I won't name - is "barely behind Jack." They occupy two different niches. To wit: Jack is an absolute blender, especially when it comes to Female targets. This Servant, on the other hand, has slightly less ATK but slightly more HP. She has better NP gen but slightly worse stargen than other Assassins. But it's when you get into her active skills that she really starts to shine. Her first allows a targetable NP Overcharge, coupled with one of the best self-heals in the game. Her second skill gives her Guts and an ATK boost, but - here's the catch - the Guts has no expiration. It persists until it is used. Finally, her third active skill gives her NP charge - +50% at level 10 - increases her crit damage, and decreases enemy charm resistance. Oh, and it makes her an Anti-Alter-Ego. That's right, this particular Servant becomes an Alter Ego killer. The same way Jack murders Females, this Servant murders Alter Egos, and it is good. And as mentioned, that third skill also decreases Charm resistance, which works with multiple Servants who have that skill. This Servant does, too, on her NP - an ST Quick NP that Charms.

Finally, because of her solid NP gen, it is very easy to cycle this character with a Double Skadi System, if that's something you have access to.

In short: If you have Jack, this Servant isn't mandatory, but she's pretty decent. If you don't have Jack, this is definitely a worthwhile Servant to pursue. Finally, and obviously, if you like this character for lore reasons, or because of the character she resembles, whale by all means. Ultimately, this Servant isn't quite as directly offensively powerful as Jack, but she brings a lot of niche utility.

Personally, I have Jack and blew all of my SQ failing to get KP, so I'll probably pass on this one. But that is by no means a commentary on how good this particular Servant is.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Finally finished the SERAPH event. I probably would have been better off without last week devolving into nonsense and me losing a lot playing time as a result, but it's not a big deal. I'll spend the rest of the time I have available farming currency, should be able to clean most of the actually worthwhile stuff from the shop before the end... And get BB to bond 3, because she shows up incredibly late in the event and doesn't get a bond bonus, so you need to do a lot with her in relatively little time to make that happen. I guess I could go do a couple of quests in whichever Pseudo-Singularity gives her Bond bonus to get it done really fast, but I still need like 10 Ear runs to clear everything I want out of the event shop and hopefully that does the job.

Kiara was... Definitely a thing. For the sake of efficiency I beat her without getting everything from the KP shop, and it was not easy. 37 turns total, with last man standing Cu finishing her off with a desperate last chance NP that just barely shaved off the last of her health. If you don't get rid of her health regen, she has just so ridiculously much HP. Like, she has a million base between her break bars, and she gained somwhere in the vicinity of 500k more from health gain over those 37 turns. Thank goodness there was a Merlin to borrow, don't know that I would have been able to take her out otherwise. Not without clearing out the KP shop, and maybe having to spend Command Seals for the full revive.

Having done a bit of looking ahead on the Servant releases... Much as the stuff coming up is interesting, I'm not going to be able to do this next new event on first run (no chance I'm finishing all the Lostbelts in less than a month, with an event running at the time). And... Well, there's an Avenger coming up in the next GudaGuda event that I really, really want and every single Summer Servant this summer is extremely cool and I'd love to pick up pretty much all of them, so... We're now officially in saving mode until GudaGuda. No ticket or SQ wasted before then. With my luck there's not much hope of getting a specific SSR, but it's worth trying at least.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

10. - Top - End - #10

NecromancerGirl

For me, I'm going for the upcoming Assassin, but in terms of Guda Guda only the Gift and the 3 Star appeal to me. But I will want NP5 of that 3 Star so I'm fully expecting a Avenger Spook. My luck is super weird in that it avoids giving me what I want, and will instead give me the rarer option I didn't want. Trying for a 5% or 10% chance gets me the 1% chance more often I find. Its super weird. Then Summer I basically want them all, but especially that Ruler. She is an absolute must for me. Luckily between Ooku and Summer there's only Guda Guda as a tempting banner. Everything else is pretty meh. Well, unless that one Berserker is your thing, but I say he is pretty skippable. I may be biased in that hes an improved Mama Raikou, but with none of the Waifu factor. Hes only good mechanically.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I cannot lie, I am crossing my fingers for Gudavenger, for all the wrong reasons.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, once Nobukatsu is there all the pieces will fall into place for the Demon King of the Sixth Heaven.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    Finally finished the SERAPH event. I probably would have been better off without last week devolving into nonsense and me losing a lot playing time as a result, but it's not a big deal. I'll spend the rest of the time I have available farming currency, should be able to clean most of the actually worthwhile stuff from the shop before the end... And get BB to bond 3, because she shows up incredibly late in the event and doesn't get a bond bonus, so you need to do a lot with her in relatively little time to make that happen. I guess I could go do a couple of quests in whichever Pseudo-Singularity gives her Bond bonus to get it done really fast, but I still need like 10 Ear runs to clear everything I want out of the event shop and hopefully that does the job.

Kiara was... Definitely a thing. For the sake of efficiency I beat her without getting everything from the KP shop, and it was not easy. 37 turns total, with last man standing Cu finishing her off with a desperate last chance NP that just barely shaved off the last of her health. If you don't get rid of her health regen, she has just so ridiculously much HP. Like, she has a million base between her break bars, and she gained somwhere in the vicinity of 500k more from health gain over those 37 turns. Thank goodness there was a Merlin to borrow, don't know that I would have been able to take her out otherwise. Not without clearing out the KP shop, and maybe having to spend Command Seals for the full revive.

Having done a bit of looking ahead on the Servant releases... Much as the stuff coming up is interesting, I'm not going to be able to do this next new event on first run (no chance I'm finishing all the Lostbelts in less than a month, with an event running at the time). And... Well, there's an Avenger coming up in the next GudaGuda event that I really, really want and every single Summer Servant this summer is extremely cool and I'd love to pick up pretty much all of them, so... We're now officially in saving mode until GudaGuda. No ticket or SQ wasted before then. With my luck there's not much hope of getting a specific SSR, but it's worth trying at least.
    The HP regen was one of the first things I got rid of, for pretty much exactly that reason.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought the "use special currency to buy debuffs for the final boss" gimmick for the Kiara fight was cool. It was also pretty much the only thing I liked about that whole event, other than getting BB as a servant. Everything else, from stupid hard minibosses, to the not-great-and-still-overpriced event shop, to the over-the-top unnecessary sexualizing of the whole event, to just not liking these mission-based events much to begin with, just left me feeling constantly annoyed the whole time and wanting to get it over ASAP. Probably doesn't help that my summon attempts didn't go as planned either. While I didn't come up completely empty-handed (I did get both Gawain and Tristan), I failed to get who I wanted (Kingprotea) and I didn't particularly need or want either of the servants I did pull.

So far the new event is going well enough, though again the shop doesn't have much in it to excite me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I thought the "use special currency to buy debuffs for the final boss" gimmick for the Kiara fight was cool. It was also pretty much the only thing I liked about that whole event, other than getting BB as a servant. Everything else, from stupid hard minibosses, to the not-great-and-still-overpriced event shop, to the over-the-top unnecessary sexualizing of the whole event, to just not liking these mission-based events much to begin with, just left me feeling constantly annoyed the whole time and wanting to get it over ASAP. Probably doesn't help that my summon attempts didn't go as planned either. While I didn't come up completely empty-handed (I did get both Gawain and Tristan), I failed to get who I wanted (Kingprotea) and I didn't particularly need or want either of the servants I did pull.

So far the new event is going well enough, though again the shop doesn't have much in it to excite me.
    This is true to the original CCC game, which was worse. Much much much much worse.

Factotum Variants!

16. - Top - End - #16

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    This is true to the original CCC game, which was worse. Much much much much worse.
    Kiara's NP in FGO is so incredibly tame compared to her CCC NP. While I would love the upcoming Extra remake to have CCC included, as DLC possibly, the overt Rating M+ of said story would very much not stand. Extra on its own would be T, but CCC is easy M.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

The CCC event?

I liked the characters, pretty much all of them were really well done. The challenge missions were good (Kingprotea is certainly my favorite fight so far), the Beast of Lust was a fine fight, and the story was pretty good too. BB was also an absolute delight. Sassy Sakura characters are up there as one of my favorite concepts (see the Abridged UBW for best Sakura)

And honestly I didn't find the sexualization to be that bad. Partially because I was well aware of what Kiara meant. A big part of her character is being a nymphomaniac. But also because I was comparing it to the last big event (Illya's) which is so much worse for the sexualization.

Getting the Sakura dollars was really annoying. You couldn't even grind for the quests properly without needing to grind to get to each quest. And you needed to grind so much. Shop's inventory was pretty good though, and the fact that all of the Mats were just coins made it so I was always making progress on getting the coins. Interestingly enough I didn't have to grind for any coins at all. By the time I finished every mission, I had bought everything I wanted, and still had about 1200 coins left over.

Also I was annoyed that every free mission cost 40 AP, even the beginning ones you needed to grind to get to the more advanced ones.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

I actually didn't find the CCC event's shop overpriced at all. It was not hard by the end to get 400+ event currency per run if that was all you were interested in, and at the prices in the shop that was the equivalent of 40 gold XP cards or 10 Bones. Good luck finding a quest that gives 10 bones outside of an event. You could get the full set of shop CEs in about 8 runs. While AP costs were relatively high, I've come to the point where that's pretty much entirely irrelevant to me (nearly 400 gold fruit here, always climbing, I just don't play the game hard enough to ever run out). And in terms of time costs? Very few events have ever been more efficient than that one. The fact that the fights were interesting and occasionally challenging instead of just being a pointless grind like many events was also a welcome change. I also quite liked the story, sexualized elements and all (well, having sexy naked glowing girl outlines for map was gratuitous and unnecessary, but other than that...). CCC is one of the few Fate entries I'm not at all familiar with, considering it never left Japan and I found Extra kind of meh to begin with thanks to the grindy, repetitive gameplay, so I went in with no biases and found myself very much liking Melt and BB. Passionlip remains... Meh. What was happening really fit with the darker points in FGO's story, the characters were pretty different from the usual event fare and very refreshing as a result, Melt gets a place on the 'Servants I wish the Gacha would let me have' list. Compared to, say, the Prisma Illya event right before it, it was a step forward in pretty much every way.

I also just kind of like mission-based events. Personal preference, I know, but I prefer them to 'and then run the gold currency node, say, 100 times to empty the shop' events like Valentines or Saber Wars.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

I didn't use a single apple on the CCC event. Played it once in the morning and once in the evening and I cleared the entire event and got every shop item -- outside of the statues obviously. So I can't say it was grueling or costly in any way. Also, the boss fights were easy after I stopped trying to complete them with nothing but event Servants and CEs, something I learnt was a mistake after losing the first BB battle.

As to the current event, I got two of the three-star CEs in the FP gacha after, like, 10 draws altogether. Which isn't earthshaking news or anything, but I just keep remembering back to the New Years event where I spent half a million+ Friend Points to get a singular three-star CE. Granted there are more than one of these CEs available so maybe that improves the likelihood of getting one in the algorithm, but still, gacha is a cruel mistress.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    And honestly I didn't find the sexualization to be that bad. Partially because I was well aware of what Kiara meant. A big part of her character is being a nymphomaniac. But also because I was comparing it to the last big event (Illya's) which is so much worse for the sexualization.
    I should clarify - Kiara doesn't bother me. Her side of the story made sense to me. It's stuff like the whole map being a woman's body that feels gratuitous and gross to me. I'm also well aware that this kind of thing has always been present in the Nasuverse, but since my introduction to the franchise was the Unlimited Blade Works Anime followed closely by Fate/Zero, neither of which goes too much into fanservice territory, that's the standard I tend to hold all the others to. And that's one reason why I always kind of have a love/hate relationship with this game's events.

Getting the Sakura dollars was really annoying. You couldn't even grind for the quests properly without needing to grind to get to each quest. And you needed to grind so much. Shop's inventory was pretty good though, and the fact that all of the Mats were just coins made it so I was always making progress on getting the coins. Interestingly enough I didn't have to grind for any coins at all. By the time I finished every mission, I had bought everything I wanted, and still had about 1200 coins left over.
    I did like that there was only one type of currency, rather than the usual three. I did not like having to buy access to a bunch of quest nodes using said currency.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

I did like that there was only one type of currency, rather than the usual three. I did not like having to buy access to a bunch of quest nodes using said currency.
    Thankfully they've more or less stopped doing that.

Factotum Variants!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

I don't think that was actually a thing in that event? Pretty sure that the Sakurament was what you used to buy new nodes, not the chips, and it was a mission-reward-only thing. Not that it was great, that is. I'm pretty sure if I hadn't been using a guide I'd have wasted a lot of time as a result of it.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground

The mission based events are great as long as you use a guide. This one was particularly bad about that - if you bought the wrong keys you could set yourself back pretty far. Later mission-based events tended to be a bit more straightforward. And they're definitely more interesting than the "Farm X, then Y, then Z" events. I mean, some balance is good, they don't need every event to be a massive time sink, but it's definitely nice to have some more ambitious ones.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

24. - Top - End - #24

NecromancerGirl

I like mission based events cause they give short term goals that you can work towards each run. Or at least something more then "now I need 237 more silver drops then I can farm 450 gold drops". And it gives a nice feel of progress seeing that "missions complete" counter climb. Something simple shop clearing events kind of lack beyond seeing less items in shop. The mission events also usually come with CEs in the mission rewards that actually want to be Limit Broken as soon as possible. CEs that boost shop item drops usually want to be held off MLBing until after the event, unless you rolled hard for the event servant in the gacha and got a lot of copies.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Well that was a quick challenge quest. Jalter makes it very easy, I think the only Ruler she'd have issues with is Amakusa Shiro. Though, the only anti-Shiro counter is Eresh really... which, given the character's appearances maybe that's fitting?

Anyways, every other Ruler depends on self-buff NPs which she nullifies or objectively is just not that threatening to a high-damage Avenger with a hard defense skill.

As to mission-based events, I do like that you can get a range of awards whether or not they're in the shop. I'm also reasonably fond of seeing a progression bar fill up and complete, it's universally pleasant.

I think the biggest issue is when I'm forced to do rather underwhelming nodes to fulfill the specific mission requirements. I didn't have that issue for this CCC event as nodes were reasonably the same in terms of drops, XP, and general difficulty... but that's because this was walled behind Solomon. I don't really like doing lvl15-50 nodes anymore. I don't feel like I've done anything afterwards, despite using all my AP.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    I don't think that was actually a thing in that event? Pretty sure that the Sakurament was what you used to buy new nodes, not the chips, and it was a mission-reward-only thing. Not that it was great, that is. I'm pretty sure if I hadn't been using a guide I'd have wasted a lot of time as a result of it.
    You're right, but the thing I don't like is having to buy access to quests in the first place, more so than what specifically I'm spending to do so. I'm glad to hear it's mostly a thing of the past.

I see I'm in the minority on these mission-based events. So be it, people like what they like. I don't really see how it's any better, though. We still have to farm the same quest 30 times in a row, but now it's because we need to kill one specific enemy 30 times to unlock the next node. And because of the "enemy appearance rate up" CE's, you can't even 3-turn farm so it takes a lot longer. And it might not even be the quest that has the materials you need. Sure, there will be an online guide you can follow to make things slightly more efficient, but that's not how I enjoy playing video games. And most of all, it seems like these events are the most common type lately. If it was like once or twice a year then it wouldn't be a big deal, but it seems like every other event is one of these anymore and that just seems like a lot to me.
    Last edited by Velaryon; 2021-03-12 at 08:45 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

So, I started up my Nox Emulator to use my evening's AP and farm, when my game crashed on the Support Select screen. When I eventually got the emulator running again FGO had completely disappeared. So, panic.

I updated the Nox player to the current version, but the game was still absent. Eventually I conceded that it wasn't going to reappear after futzing about - that has happened before - and decided to just reinstall it, which took some effort. As the FGO download screen on the app-store claimed on three different occasions that I wasn't in a country which could access it, that I had already installed it, and that I was using a device it didn't support. Last time it was available, and the installation was successful.

Obviously I have a transfer number, but it's kinda like having the code to defuse a bomb. Even if I'm 99.99% certain it's accurate and will work there's still the chance I miswrote it or some painful quirk of technology will happen, and everything I have is just floating eternally in a server somewhere. Just after acquiring 1000 SQ and before the Servant I've been saving for is to be released.

On the upside, with the newest Nox and a freshly installed game it's working quite fluidly. I was getting some heavy drag, especially when accessing the summoning screen. I guess I should've cleared the cache. Though now I have to reinstall all the game data again.

Point being, everyone remember to get your transfer number because technology sucks.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

I see I'm in the minority on these mission-based events.
    I, at least, agree. I hate these 100 mission events.
    Last edited by chainer1216; 2021-03-19 at 06:05 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    I, at least, agree. I hate these 100 mission events.
    Some are better than others. KnK wasn't nearly as bad as Seraph, after all.

Factotum Variants!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Did three hundred and thirty SQ worth of rolls + 22 tickets.

First, I got Qin Langyu with my tickets -- pretty happy with her, love her kit's design and the NP animation. I wasn't going to use an SR ticket on another Lancer though.

Then began the ten rolls. First one in, gold assassin, Stheno... of course. I should've probably have burned her for rare prisms because her NP doesn't benefit much from it, but whatever. She's at least a good way to get higher NP chains with her NP gain.

Got Tamamo Cat - actually NP2 after everything for some reason.

Got Lan Ling - really happy with that, I was considering him for SR ticket.

Then Beowulf - eh, he's gotten better, and he'll get even better later.

Then my first Chevalier d'Eon - more tanks are always welcome.

Then finally - Kama.

Also Parvati NP2..3..and 4.

I decided to do a final greedy ten spin and got Vlad Lancer for my troubles.

This is the most productive 300+ SQ I've spent - I got an SR or SSR almost every 10 roll - especially if I include all the event CEs. I nearly spent that much last Summer fishing for BB and got relatively little in exchange.