New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order V - Salty Theoretical Phenomenon

Following that logic why aren't all the servants from stay night 5 stars minus emiya and kojirou?

But it might be cause berserker isn't his main class *shrug*

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Rarity means nothing in Fate GO. Romulus is the father of Rome and he's a 3* with an awful kit when he should be one of the most powerful servants in the game.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2021-07-07 at 06:56 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Following that logic why aren't all the servants from stay night 5 stars minus emiya and kojirou?

To be fair, Medea isn't all that impressive either, legend wise. Ditto for Medusa too. I mean, sure, everyone has heard of Medusa the Monster, but that's not the form she's summoned in Stay Night. I'd say Cursed Arm is pretty obscure to.

Cu could definitely be a higher grade though.

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Rarity means nothing in Fate GO. Romulus is the father of Rome and he's a 3* with an awful kit when he should be one of the most powerful servants in the game.
    Ehhhhh, this might be a lack of familiarity speaking, but the only thing I know about Romulus is that he founded Rome. Sure, it is an impressive feat, but it isn't really on the level of a lot of other Servants.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Also lancer cu canonically should be a higher tier servant but he has so many alternates that his power got diluted among them. Cu alter has extra power for some reason.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Ehhhhh, this might be a lack of familiarity speaking, but the only thing I know about Romulus is that he founded Rome. Sure, it is an impressive feat, but it isn't really on the level of a lot of other Servants.
    In-lore, Rome's founding is one of the most important thing that's happened, as one of the most influential civilization of history.
    I'd say more, but that's spoilers for future Lostbelts.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The strengthening I have been waiting for finally arrived. Nero Bride's first skill has been upgraded. Between Nero's buffs, Tamamo's, and a MLB Magical Girl of Sapphire, Mordred Summer's NP is refunding 178%. It could go higher if I finish leveling Tamamo's first skill, as well as Mordred's first skill, as they are both at level 6, but for now its funny enough.

Having a super scope has boosted my ember farming, as now I dont have to be locked into a certain mystic code. Dantes with the good old DSS has been pulling in the embers during this half ap cost period.

Getting him and Skadi last year has worked so well for me. Not to mention how easy Skadi has made a lot of high level boss fights. Attila Santa, Okita, Scathatch, Kintoki, Kama, MHXA, Lobo, and Meltryllis have all been big players in so many boss battles. With them and the DSS so many battles I likely would have struggled with became a whole lot easier. Especially during the Seraph rerun. A ton of battles that I super struggled with the first time became far easier by being able to toss the DSS and one of the above mentioned quick servants at them. I was not at all hyped for Skadi, resented getting her at first, but now she has played such a huge role in how I handle fights. Still have not leveled her past 70 though. Maybe if she gets a costume, one to match her lancer version's costume hopefully, then I will spend the embers to max her. But for now, shes doing fine at the level she is. That's been my One Year Later look at Skadi. From anti hype, to resentment, to core team member. Still would rather have a few more Merlins in my friendlist, but I can make do.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

I cannot possibly overstate how much I would love to get an alternate, non-zerker version of Heracles in this game someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I cannot possibly overstate how much I would love to get an alternate, non-zerker version of Heracles in this game someday.
    Archer Herc actually exists in Fate lore somewhere or another. Probably in Strange Fake, that's where most of the weird Servants tend to hang out. IIRC, he was described as being pretty much broken, to the point that Gil and Enkidu had to work together to give him a decent fight.

Frankly, there's a lot of Servants that either probably should have better versions or exist at all but don't because FGO is pretty heavily biased towards Japanese characters and alternative versions of popular ones. I'm willing to bet that if you asked a million people on the street 'name a famous archer', outside of Asia close to a million of them would say 'Robin Hood', as a quick example. He really deserves better than the deeply mediocre Robin in the game. But there's plenty of others. Roland the Paladin, the inspiration for Arthurian myth and the foundation of the concept of knightly chivalry, not to mention still one of the best-known heroes of France. Rostam, the great hero of Persia, whose legend is suspiciously similar to Cu Chulainn's except for the fact that he lives for 600 years instead of 30. Genghis Khan, the last of the 'great conquerers' that isn't already in the game and ultimate poster child for Riders. A version of Julius Caesar that isn't a silly fat guy with a sword would also be nice, though I know at some point here he becomes the best 3* in FGO so at least there's that. Guan Yu is so popular in China that statues of him are a popular good luck charm for traditional households. I could go on.

With that said, I'm also glad they decided to keep the rarity on the OG F/SN cast down a little bit. It makes it a lot easier to collect 'em all for that crew. Imagine trying to put together the entire Apocrypha team in FGO. Red alone has five SSRs between them, and Black has three more. And of the entire casts, only the Casters and Spartacus aren't golden rarity. Oof.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    Archer Herc actually exists in Fate lore somewhere or another. Probably in Strange Fake, that's where most of the weird Servants tend to hang out. IIRC, he was described as being pretty much broken, to the point that Gil and Enkidu had to work together to give him a decent fight.

Frankly, there's a lot of Servants that either probably should have better versions or exist at all but don't because FGO is pretty heavily biased towards Japanese characters and alternative versions of popular ones. I'm willing to bet that if you asked a million people on the street 'name a famous archer', outside of Asia close to a million of them would say 'Robin Hood', as a quick example. He really deserves better than the deeply mediocre Robin in the game. But there's plenty of others. Roland the Paladin, the inspiration for Arthurian myth and the foundation of the concept of knightly chivalry, not to mention still one of the best-known heroes of France. Rostam, the great hero of Persia, whose legend is suspiciously similar to Cu Chulainn's except for the fact that he lives for 600 years instead of 30. Genghis Khan, the last of the 'great conquerers' that isn't already in the game and ultimate poster child for Riders. A version of Julius Caesar that isn't a silly fat guy with a sword would also be nice, though I know at some point here he becomes the best 3* in FGO so at least there's that. Guan Yu is so popular in China that statues of him are a popular good luck charm for traditional households. I could go on.

With that said, I'm also glad they decided to keep the rarity on the OG F/SN cast down a little bit. It makes it a lot easier to collect 'em all for that crew. Imagine trying to put together the entire Apocrypha team in FGO. Red alone has five SSRs between them, and Black has three more. And of the entire casts, only the Casters and Spartacus aren't golden rarity. Oof.
    Well, DW cares more for that sweet, sweet cash that is brought from waifu reskins. Male versions are left with just literal skins and that does kinda suck. Male Servants are just as important, I wish we had another version of Emiya (not Alter, or Kiritsugu, just another Emiya), Heracles, Robin Hood, Billy the Kid, etc. So far we have like six or else examples of reclass, Cu with 4 versions, Emiya (kinda) with 2, Li Shuwen with 2, Arjuna with 2, Vlad III with 2, Romulus with 2, Diarmuid with 2, and all of those are actually not that popular servants, while we have N versions of Arturia, Elizabeth, Nero, etc.

I disagree with Robin tho, he's a ST beast, although he could use some help with his skills, one being a poison that does not always hit and without it he is actually useless, a golden rule he'll never use, and an evade. Huh, in hindsight, he is kinda mediocre.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

10. - Top - End - #280

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Well, DW cares more for that sweet, sweet cash that is brought from waifu reskins. Male versions are left with just literal skins and that does kinda suck. Male Servants are just as important, I wish we had another version of Emiya (not Alter, or Kiritsugu, just another Emiya), Heracles, Robin Hood, Billy the Kid, etc. So far we have like six or else examples of reclass, Cu with 4 versions, Emiya (kinda) with 2, Li Shuwen with 2, Arjuna with 2, Vlad III with 2, Romulus with 2, Diarmuid with 2, and all of those are actually not that popular servants, while we have N versions of Arturia, Elizabeth, Nero, etc.

I disagree with Robin tho, he's a ST beast, although he could use some help with his skills, one being a poison that does not always hit and without it he is actually useless, a golden rule he'll never use, and an evade. Huh, in hindsight, he is kinda mediocre.
    I disagree with that Nero statement. There are only 3 versions of Nero. Meanwhile Cu has 4 versions. Elizabeth has anywhere between 4 and 7 depending on how you count the dual Alter Ego and if Carmilla counts. Jeanne has 5 versions, outpacing Nero by a good chunk. People are constantly asking for more Rin based characters, even though she already has 4 versions, again more then Nero. And I full on bet that a 5th Rin character will get less complaints then a 4th Nero. Heck a 6th Jeanne will also get less complaints then Nero. When again, Nero has only had 3 characters. Emiya has just as many as Nero with 3, if you count Muramasa. Also count Karna as having both a skin and a 2nd version. Orion kind of has 2 versions, and you forgot Gilles, Lancelot, the three versions of Gilgamesh, the two versions of Alexander the Great, Kintoki, the weirdness of Lu Bu's two forms, and even the game bickers on if you should count Sigurd and Siegfried versions of each other and then you can add Sieg to that trio if you want. And calling Arjuna "not popular" is dismissive of his huge fanbase that is constantly begging for Alter to get more banners. So far, all of the named Grand Servants have been guys, while a good chunk of the fightable Beasts have been girls. Which kind of is a little odd, in that all the ones protecting people have been Men, while all but one of the destroyers have been ladies.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

But the three Nero's are all perfect, how can you possibly come up with a 4th that isn't a rider. Nero classic is one of the pinnacles of soloing quests, being an anchor slot in the back row and generally not dying. Bride is a top tier support that brings some pretty decent ST NP damage that is perfect for boosting overcharge. and Summer is one of the few caster beasts in terms of damage, and able to T1 nuke with a 50% CE, loop wit DSD super scope and waver plug suit, and has two very unique skills with targetable guts, and the ability to ignore berserkers.

So honestly, not sure we need more Neros, apart from a rider, cause every single one if the ones we have are amazing. Also
    Spoiler: future event spoilers
    Show
    Nero classic has even more outfits on the way

Quality over quantity.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-07-08 at 08:13 PM.

Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #282
    Firbolg in the Playground

But the three Nero's are all perfect
    for turning into golden cubes
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    for turning into golden cubes
    No you​....

Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

this is pretty much true for all the zerkers.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    At least the ones that are nothing but mindless growling brutes. I would love to see a non-zerker version of Lu Bu (Red Hare doesn't count), but I do not particularly need a non-zerker version of Florence Nightingale, for example.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

16. - Top - End - #286

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    The game keeps hinting at Saber Raikou Minamoto, but all the hints suggest she would be very boring. Stern, no quirks, more boring, no real gimmicks. Rider Kintoki acts basically the same as normal Kintoki, with maybe only the slightest ability to be talked into other plans. We got Non Zerker Lancelot, and he just ended up being Dead Beat Dad who's looking for a stepmom for Mash. Lancer Lu Bu would be cool, but when a guy has the nickname "the Betrayer" he might not be all that neat to hang around. We got Saber Fran, but all she really does is talk a little more, just to complain about heat. Who also basically got her joke stolen by Anastasia, but also might be keeping Summer Anastasia from ever happening as they would basically do the same gimmick. Beowulf would do nice as a Saber, as he is literally only a berserker due to his name having the same root as the term. However he loses his swords like constantly. You cant have a guy be the Saber class when his biggest thing is breaking his swords and resorting to his fists, with that working. That sounds a lot more like a berserker to me. Hijikata might do as a Archer or Saber, but as an Archer he would be stealing Nobbu's gimmick of being a Archer with Muskets, while with his sword he would be Okita but Buster. And we already have plenty of Buster Sabers. Xiang Yu really should have been a rider. I guess they were more going off the "abnormal thinking" that Berserkers have kind of been shifted to be.

As the series got more character focused, having the screaming madness Berserker became less useful. What was originally a plot device or obstacle has become an actual character they need to display. So Berserker has been morphed from Hulk knock off unstoppable force, to someone who does not think like a normal or sensible person. Whether this means making them Maternal to no end, obsessive stubborn germaphobe, stalker, or a man who has his social outlook locked into a binary friend or foe tagging system. In Xiang Yu's case, I can only guess the reason was "lets make him a tactical calculation prediction engine man" and used the inhuman aspect to his thinking, of looking only at the wider picture of what should be the most optimal course of action as an excuse of "he doesnt think like a normal person, Berserker time". Its also likely they had the boss fights in mind, and while Saber+Zerker or Assassin+Zerker was rough, would those have been better if he had been Rider or Saber or Caster? If Saber, the big wake up fights of him and Langling would have been too easy, while Saber+Assassin would have been an ordeal of bringing the two classes with the lowest attack modifiers. Though Caster Xiang Yu with his quick offensive power would have been amazing having an actual offensive quick caster. (DW get on that pls)

EDIT: I completely forgot to mention that Archer Heracles would be totally overshadowed by Super Orion who basically has stolen the whole gimmick of Super Buff Archer with a Club. And I say Archer Heracles as his myths actually have him using a Bow more often then most other weapons. We do NOT need yet another Buster Saber. Please, enough.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2021-07-09 at 04:20 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    The game keeps hinting at Saber Raikou Minamoto, but all the hints suggest she would be very boring. Stern, no quirks, more boring, no real gimmicks. Rider Kintoki acts basically the same as normal Kintoki, with maybe only the slightest ability to be talked into other plans. We got Non Zerker Lancelot, and he just ended up being Dead Beat Dad who's looking for a stepmom for Mash. Lancer Lu Bu would be cool, but when a guy has the nickname "the Betrayer" he might not be all that neat to hang around. We got Saber Fran, but all she really does is talk a little more, just to complain about heat. Who also basically got her joke stolen by Anastasia, but also might be keeping Summer Anastasia from ever happening as they would basically do the same gimmick. Beowulf would do nice as a Saber, as he is literally only a berserker due to his name having the same root as the term. However he loses his swords like constantly. You cant have a guy be the Saber class when his biggest thing is breaking his swords and resorting to his fists, with that working. That sounds a lot more like a berserker to me. Hijikata might do as a Archer or Saber, but as an Archer he would be stealing Nobbu's gimmick of being a Archer with Muskets, while with his sword he would be Okita but Buster. And we already have plenty of Buster Sabers. Xiang Yu really should have been a rider. I guess they were more going off the "abnormal thinking" that Berserkers have kind of been shifted to be.
    It's almost as if cranking out endless variations of the most popular handful of servants has caused a problem of having a lot of one-note characters defined by a single personality trait and/or repetitive gag.

While that may sound like arguing against my previously stated desire, I don't think it is. I would like to see characters who got shafted in the personality department get another variant. I am not particularly interested in more versions of Artoria, Jeanne, or Nero. Sadly, that's where the money is (or at least where the devs think the money is) and so we are about to get our... sixth version of Artoria, counting the Alters?

Speaking of which, the described Saber Raikou sounds an awful lot like Altria Alter - all business, no personality. No thanks.

18. - Top - End - #288

NecromancerGirl

It's almost as if cranking out endless variations of the most popular handful of servants has caused a problem of having a lot of one-note characters defined by a single personality trait and/or repetitive gag.

While that may sound like arguing against my previously stated desire, I don't think it is. I would like to see characters who got shafted in the personality department get another variant. I am not particularly interested in more versions of Artoria, Jeanne, or Nero. Sadly, that's where the money is (or at least where the devs think the money is) and so we are about to get our... sixth version of Artoria, counting the Alters?

Speaking of which, the described Saber Raikou sounds an awful lot like Altria Alter - all business, no personality. No thanks.
    Would you prefer more Rin or Sakura Faces? Both of them have more versions then Nero. Nero is the lowest versioned of the big heroines, so I don't get why people keep saying there's too many Neros. Costumes sure, one of the Neros has three. And even I, as a big Nero fan, agree that's too many for a single character. I want them split between them darn it. Again, there's only 3 Neros. There's more people named Emiya in the game then her.

And if you count Arthur and the Mysterious series, Bunny King is the 13th Artoria version. And if you dont count Arthur or the Mysterious series, Bunny King is 9th. If you dont count Alters as well, Bunny King is 5th. On the plus side, after Bunny King, there's only 2 more Artoria clones. So far. But one of them is one of the big meta defining characters, same as Skadi and Merlin were, so expect to see a LOT of them flood your friend's list when she comes out.

On Saber Raikou, the closest to unique they give is "school prefect". Which, would give her real stern teacher vibes. So something unique, but we already have Scathatch for stern teacher. And Scathatch has the whole Death Seeker story, connection to a Classic Fate character, and more.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Would you prefer more Rin or Sakura Faces? Both of them have more versions then Nero. Nero is the lowest versioned of the big heroines, so I don't get why people keep saying there's too many Neros. Costumes sure, one of the Neros has three. And even I, as a big Nero fan, agree that's too many for a single character. I want them split between them darn it. Again, there's only 3 Neros. There's more people named Emiya in the game then her.
    It's because Nero is just a saber face too.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

I forgot about the "Mysterious Heroine" characters... mostly by choice, I think. I've always found them unfunny and annoying.

I also think we've had enough Rin and Sakura faces for at least the time being as well. Emiya I don't have a problem with except maybe for Alter, especially since Assassin Emiya is not even the same person, so he doesn't really count.
    Last edited by Velaryon; 2021-07-10 at 07:48 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Random statement, but I'm kinda offended that they made Heracles a 4-star. He's like the ur-example of a Berserker, and is ridiculously OP in the fluff.

And on that note, why is Xiang Yu a Berserker at all?

As others have said. Most FSN characters (other than Saber and Gil) are lower rarity specifically so that players have a chance at getting them. It's a money thing.

Again, as others have said. The writers have actually acknowledged that this was a mistake - Romulus, being both a demigod and a founder of one of the Foundations of Humanity, really should have been a lot more powerful. As the character points out, he is conceptually Rome. And since so much of modern civilization is built on Rome, then conceptually, he is one of the foundational elements of modern civilization. He should, in theory, basically be a god of the modern world.

Jokes are the deepest lore. This is a fact. One-off jokes made by characters during events, or gag illustrations by Riyo, inevitably turn into actual plot points or Servants.

So we shouldn't be surprised that the opposite is also true - lore becomes a running joke.

I also think we've had enough Rin and Sakura faces for at least the time being as well. Emiya I don't have a problem with except maybe for Alter, especially since Assassin Emiya is not even the same person, so he doesn't really count.
    I know we have a lot of Sakurafaces, but that's canon - BB was based on an AI based on Sakura, and the BB Five were based on BB. Kama and Parvati are odd choices, but granted. But do we have that many Rinfaces? We have Ishtar, and Eresh, and Rider Ishtar, and... yeah, come to think of it, we're due some more, aren't we?

Okay, point retracted.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Again, as others have said. The writers have actually acknowledged that this was a mistake - Romulus, being both a demigod and a founder of one of the Foundations of Humanity, really should have been a lot more powerful. As the character points out, he is conceptually Rome. And since so much of modern civilization is built on Rome, then conceptually, he is one of the foundational elements of modern civilization. He should, in theory, basically be a god of the modern world.
    I'm well aware, I brought that up later in the thread. :P

In-lore, Rome's founding is one of the most important thing that's happened, as one of the most influential civilization of history.
    I'd say more, but that's spoilers for future Lostbelts.

23. - Top - End - #293

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    But do we have that many Rinfaces? We have Ishtar, and Eresh, and Rider Ishtar, and... yeah, come to think of it, we're due some more, aren't we?

Okay, point retracted.
    Yep. Ishtar, Eresh, Summer Ishtar, and one more coming this Halloween. With that one in late October there will be more Rinfaces then Neros. And people still ask for more versions of Eresh, which would bring the Rinface count up to rival Elizabeth if you dont count Carmilla. And that's a good thing apparently, while oh no we can't have more Neros there's too many of them at 3.

They do nicely fix Romulus early next year, giving him a very good upgrade. Not just in terms of mechanics and looks, but also lore. However, if you don't like Saint Saiya maybe not looks.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Yep. Ishtar, Eresh, Summer Ishtar, and one more coming this Halloween. With that one in late October there will be more Rinfaces then Neros. And people still ask for more versions of Eresh, which would bring the Rinface count up to rival Elizabeth if you dont count Carmilla. And that's a good thing apparently, while oh no we can't have more Neros there's too many of them at 3.

They do nicely fix Romulus early next year, giving him a very good upgrade. Not just in terms of mechanics and looks, but also lore. However, if you don't like Saint Saiya maybe not looks.
    My big problem with Nero is that she's a Saberface. And there are so many Saberfaces, that they made an entire character whose shtick is killing Saberfaces.

Also I just kinda find her annoying. Like, she isn't too bad, but still. And her base outfit is ridiculous.

On the plus side though, this exists.

EDIT: It's worth mentioning that I don't particularly like Artoria. She's alright, but of the three main heroines of the original story, I always thought she was the worst.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2021-07-10 at 03:53 PM.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #295

NecromancerGirl

EDIT: It's worth mentioning that I don't particularly like Artoria. She's alright, but of the three main heroines of the original story, I always thought she was the worst.
    The additional problem with Artoria in the original story is her route in the VN is the worst. Its loaded with all the world exposition as well as setting up the poor ideals Shirou has that the next two routes tear down. So not only is she held back by having less character then the two sisters, her story has to pull triple duty of being her romance route, world building, and character establishment of the (problematic)main character that the other routes then put through character development. Artoria barely even fights in the first route due to Shirou's issues.

In terms of Nero being A Saberface, lets not forget she was The First Saberface. And she was made to be a reverse of Artoria I feel. Boastful, outspoken, and quick to love others while Artoria was humble, subdued, and held her feelings back. Even her dress is reversed, being red and showy while Artoria's is blue and plain.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

My big problem with Nero is that she's a Saberface.
    Yeah, that's a big part of the problem.

And there are so many Saberfaces, that they made an entire character whose shtick is killing Saberfaces.
    And who is herself a Saberface. And has an Alter that's another Saberface, and a summer version that has a class that makes no sense for her to have. And all of this is (at least IMO) waaaaaaaaay too much investment into a joke that was really not funny to begin with.

If it were up to me, Nero would not be a Saberface and the entire Mysterious Heroine line of characters would simply not exist, nor any of the lore connected to them. Alas.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

The additional problem with Artoria in the original story is her route in the VN is the worst. Its loaded with all the world exposition as well as setting up the poor ideals Shirou has that the next two routes tear down. So not only is she held back by having less character then the two sisters, her story has to pull triple duty of being her romance route, world building, and character establishment of the (problematic)main character that the other routes then put through character development. Artoria barely even fights in the first route due to Shirou's issues.

In terms of Nero being A Saberface, lets not forget she was The First Saberface. And she was made to be a reverse of Artoria I feel. Boastful, outspoken, and quick to love others while Artoria was humble, subdued, and held her feelings back. Even her dress is reversed, being red and showy while Artoria's is blue and plain.
    I don't know if I would call it an additional problem or the root cause of the issue. Though I suppose it is telling that additional works like Hollow Atraxia only cemented my opinion of Artoria. And Fate/Zero for that matter.

And who is herself a Saberface. And has an Alter that's another Saberface, and a summer version that has a class that makes no sense for her to have. And all of this is (at least IMO) waaaaaaaaay too much investment into a joke that was really not funny to begin with.

If it were up to me, Nero would not be a Saberface and the entire Mysterious Heroine line of characters would simply not exist, nor any of the lore connected to them. Alas.
    It would help, that's for sure. Though honestly, Artoria is the only time I feel the 'was secretly a female in history' plot point was actually used well. Atilla I'd say is the absolute worst and even comes off as vaguely insulting.

Maybe Nobbu as well. I mean, I laughed so hard at 'Real Deal Nobbu' in this GudaGuda. And I suppose we could only have that because of the whole making her female thing.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #298

NecromancerGirl

Overall, its probably a good thing for us as players that not all characters appeal to all of us. It means there is a chance to stop and not feel like you are missing something good every time a banner comes up. Giving people time to avoid rolling and collecting more SQ for the characters they do actually want is something that needs to happen or people get burned out. From a business sense its maybe not great, as the goal is to keep people rolling all the time, and thus spending. But from a player friendly sense its a good idea.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

It would help, that's for sure. Though honestly, Artoria is the only time I feel the 'was secretly a female in history' plot point was actually used well. Atilla I'd say is the absolute worst and even comes off as vaguely insulting.

Maybe Nobbu as well. I mean, I laughed so hard at 'Real Deal Nobbu' in this GudaGuda. And I suppose we could only have that because of the whole making her female thing.
    I've stopped even being surprised by it. They've gender-swapped so many characters that I've kinda just gone numb to it. It was interesting and unique when they made Artoria female, now they're just doing it to a bunch of random characters so they can sexualize them and make more waifu-bait.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Interestingly, Kagetora might be the best of the bunch as 'secretly female in history'... Because she's the only one who actually have might been one. Apparently there is fairly compelling evidence that she was a woman in disguise, including regular monthly cramps, interest in more traditionally feminine subjects in life, being allowed to enter the women's quarters in the Imperial palace of Kyoto, and some people have recorded her cause of death as uterine cancer.