New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order V - Salty Theoretical Phenomenon

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    Did... The event bonuses go away? Before the event was over?

... Grinding these high-end nodes is going to be a bit harder without those attack bonuses. I've got the last QP bet mission left to do as well. I know I'm slow with these things, but I can't help but feel like punishing people who're finishing behind the curve is a bit cruel...
    They did but there was an update and should be back now, mine are.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

managed to hit nearly half a billion qp points after dumping all the fever tickets on VIP camalot. naturally i have spent most of it. love this event. might have been grindy as heck but while getting tons of stuff out of it, it was also hyper efficient qp farming. not sure how i will feel when the rerun of this event comes around though
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-08-18 at 01:54 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

I scraped together every last quartz I could find (including scouring my servant list and second archive for servants who were close to a new bond level and then putting them in my backline), all for a last-ditch chance at Musashi. I came up empty-handed.

I did manage to use up all my fever tickets, and after doing some skill ups I am left with about 225 million QP. I'm in materials hell for a whole bunch of different things, including Void Dust, Proof of Hero, Crystallized Lore, and at least two or three other things, so I can't even spend all that money right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I scraped together every last quartz I could find (including scouring my servant list and second archive for servants who were close to a new bond level and then putting them in my backline), all for a last-ditch chance at Musashi. I came up empty-handed.

I did manage to use up all my fever tickets, and after doing some skill ups I am left with about 225 million QP. I'm in materials hell for a whole bunch of different things, including Void Dust, Proof of Hero, Crystallized Lore, and at least two or three other things, so I can't even spend all that money right now.
    Who used up all your void dust? After finishing the main quest I have literally hundreds of Void Dust, and I get more a lot faster than I spend it.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    not sure how i will feel when the rerun of this event comes around though
    I hope to have my own MLB'd Mona lisa by then, i sunk for two more cards to help with the event as it was and made heavy use of allied ones
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Who used up all your void dust? After finishing the main quest I have literally hundreds of Void Dust, and I get more a lot faster than I spend it.
    Void Dust, like all the bronze materials, can disappear in the blink of an eye if you want to max a Servant's skills. In my experience it's a bit less common of a stumbling block than Stakes or Bones, especially because you get like 200 of them from Babylon and Solomon, but let's say you have Jack the Ripper and you want her skills at 6/6/6, that's 110 Void Dust (counting her Ascension cost). Getting BerzerkCu up to 10/10/10 costs about 150 Dust. Musashi's about the same, as is MHX.

I never feel safe with the bronze mats. Not since I decided to level Nitocris and realized it would set me back 180 bones to max her out (and she really needs 120, to reach peak efficiency, since her first skill really wants to be at level 10 to maximize her value in her niche and her second skill has its most important threshold at level 8, which costs the 60 bones). Get two 5* Servants in a row that are pretty heavy on Void Dust and your entire stockpile can disappear instantly.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Void Dust, like all the bronze materials, can disappear in the blink of an eye if you want to max a Servant's skills. In my experience it's a bit less common of a stumbling block than Stakes or Bones, especially because you get like 200 of them from Babylon and Solomon, but let's say you have Jack the Ripper and you want her skills at 6/6/6, that's 110 Void Dust (counting her Ascension cost). Getting BerzerkCu up to 10/10/10 costs about 150 Dust. Musashi's about the same, as is MHX.

I never feel safe with the bronze mats. Not since I decided to level Nitocris and realized it would set me back 180 bones to max her out (and she really needs 120, to reach peak efficiency, since her first skill really wants to be at level 10 to maximize her value in her niche and her second skill has its most important threshold at level 8, which costs the 60 bones). Get two 5* Servants in a row that are pretty heavy on Void Dust and your entire stockpile can disappear instantly.
    Seconding this. Bronze mats vanish instantly. In a given event shop, I almost never have to shell out for gold mats - I usually have 100-200 or thereabouts - but I am always in need of bronze mats. Admittedly, I've been lucky on Void Dust drops. But Evil Bone? Proof of Hero? I am perpetually short on those.

Silver mats are somewhere in between. Forbidden Page, I'm set, thanks. Seed of Yggdrasil, I always need more.

But bronze mats? Those things. Your bronze mats. Give them to me.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    There isn't really one servant who I can point to for causing the shortage. I had a ton of them after clearing Babylonia because they drop so much there, and also because at that time I didn't really have any servants who demanded large quantities of it (unlike say, Proof of Hero which I have been perpetually short on for at least 2 years now).

Orion, Gilgamesh, and Emiya (all of whom I have at 10/10/10) needed a bunch at upper levels, and I think other servants have just nickel and dimed me to the point where I now can't raise Jack past 5/5/5 at the moment.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

my favorite fgo wiki is officially gone... Cirnopedia
    i found the site super easy to navigate and even though it hadn't been updated in a long time it was still useful for finding traits in master missions. and there was still a few months left of JP events it covered.
    rest in peace kiyo reactions

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

So, the class-specific pickup banners are here. Keep in mind that these do not include limited Servants, so temper your expectations accordingly.

Personally, I've been waiting for these. I still have a hole in my roster where a 5-star Saber would go, and I've been pretty eager to rectify that. So I saved up some SQ.

Did an 11-pull... nothing. Threw a ticket at it too. Still nothing.

Then I figured, I got my 30 bonus SQ for 1500 logins today. Might as well.

That's all a roundabout way of saying that, on the Saber banner, Saber came home. (Also another JK Fox.) I know, she's not the best 5-star Saber. She's probably not even top 3. But she's the mascot of the franchise, and my first 5-star Saber, and let me have this, dammit.

So, yeah. Enjoy your pulls, folks.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    So, the class-specific pickup banners are here. Keep in mind that these do not include limited Servants, so temper your expectations accordingly.

Personally, I've been waiting for these. I still have a hole in my roster where a 5-star Saber would go, and I've been pretty eager to rectify that. So I saved up some SQ.

That's all a roundabout way of saying that, on the Saber banner, Saber came home. (Also another JK Fox.) I know, she's not the best 5-star Saber. She's probably not even top 3. But she's the mascot of the franchise, and my first 5-star Saber, and let me have this, dammit.

I'm not sure how much I want any of them. I'm tempted to throw some SQ to get Berserker Cu, or to go for a second Sitonai (or maybe a Jeanne), but everything else I've most got what I want.

Actually that's not true. I should spin on Rider, because I'm actually out of Riders I want to level up. Like I'm leveling the 3-star Alexander, but he's pretty much non-existent as a priority for me.

Real problem is that Rider has Servants I actively hate like Medb or Marie
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2021-08-25 at 01:04 PM.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I'm considering throwing some quartz at the saber banner to get Mordred. She's the last servant of the Round Table I need to complete it.

But I already have her rider self, so don't particularly need it either.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Firbolg in the Playground

I know, she's not the best 5-star Saber. She's probably not even top 3. But she's the mascot of the franchise, and my first 5-star Saber, and let me have this, dammit.
    The Best Servant is the one you like not whatever some metahive tells you is.

I think Im only going to roll on the Extra one as it has the least number and most of what i'd like but with the sad expectation that I'm going to get a lot more 3star avenger rather than anyone else on it. Maybe also Riders as i'd Really love Mary & Anne at NP2 or one of the others as outside of Avengers they are the least populous class i have now.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

I am furious right now.

My tablet insisted it didn't have enough memory to download the latest update, which is ridiculous because there is literally nothing else on the tablet except system files and Fate Grand Order. However, no amount of clearing caches, deleting data from pre-installed apps, or even moving the game itself onto an SD card would convince the stupid device that it had enough room to download the update. So... I factory reset it, which I've done once before when I had this same problem with a previous game.

After completing setup, I re-downloaded Fate GO, put in my transfer number... and the game claims I have already used the transfer number. I am 95% sure I issued a new transfer number immediately after porting my account over to this device last year, but either I failed to write it down or the transfer number is bugged. Either way, I cannot get into my account.

I've emailed customer support, but I've heard their customer service is not good. I've got a fair amount of money invested into this game and would hate to lose my account. Has anyone been through this before and know what more I can do?

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

Honestly, OG Saber is actually pretty great at farming. Yeah, I know, it's only farming, but if your goal is to blast away Lancers who aren't big bosses, Artoria is about as good as anyone with little to no effort invested in team comp. She's got a good battery, excellent turn-to-turn damage output and an AOE NP that, with Mana Burst, will definitely clear out almost any wave 3 no problem. I borrow her frequently for event farming, and pretty regularly for ember gathering and Lancer mat gathering, and am never disappointed. Her only real flaw is that Salter is about 85-90% as good at lower rarity (and has IMO superior costume variety thanks to her Shinjuku outfit), but she's probably the best Saber farmer in the game all things considered. Yeah, she's not great for bosses thanks to her lack of defensive abilities, but that's fine. Most AOEs aren't ideal for bosses, at the end of the day. Plus, she's the face of the franchise and the OG gender-swapped waifu. My very first two SSRs were AOE Sabers, and I'd still be happy to get her.

... Actually, with my huge run of gacha luck the last two months, the only classes I don't have 5*s in now are Archer and Berzerker... And Foreigner and Alter Ego, I suppose. But not having an SSR Foreigner just makes me a normal person, and the only SSR Alter Ego I'd want is Melt (who, admittedly, is near the top of my 'Servants I wish I had' list). I think I'll try to scrape together 20 or 30 pulls for Gil's banner in Gilfest, see if I can't grab the golden boy I've been chasing since I started playing. Not like Jalter and Bunyan don't pretty much cover my 'Zerker needs anyways.

In other news, I've been playing through Shinjuku during this short break in the summer event grind. It's actually really, really good. I put off the Pseudo-Singularities a long time for a good reason, but I was definitely missing out on this. Jalter is kind of inexplicable (like, I don't understand her motivations at all barring generic 'is tsundere for the protagonist', which is in line with her characterization in events but makes absolutely no goddamn sense in a world where the only time she's ever been on our side is when she pulled an 'I can't horribly murder humans if they never existed in the first place' during Solomon), but everyone else? *Kisses fingers*. It also has excellent pacing with very little downtime, and generous rewards in terms of both SQ and mats since nearly every node is single-battle. Combined with numerous unique backdrops and what looks like an explosion of new enemy types introduced and it's an overall excellent story chapter. I'm not quite done yet, but unless they really flop the landing it'll probably bump Babylonia off my top 3 favorite story arcs. Should be great to get me motivated for the Gilfest grind for that sweet, sweet heap of XP cards for all these new Servants.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Halfling in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

In other news, I've been playing through Shinjuku during this short break in the summer event grind. It's actually really, really good. I put off the Pseudo-Singularities a long time for a good reason, but I was definitely missing out on this. Jalter is kind of inexplicable (like, I don't understand her motivations at all barring generic 'is tsundere for the protagonist', which is in line with her characterization in events but makes absolutely no goddamn sense in a world where the only time she's ever been on our side is when she pulled an 'I can't horribly murder humans if they never existed in the first place' during Solomon), but everyone else? *Kisses fingers*. It also has excellent pacing with very little downtime, and generous rewards in terms of both SQ and mats since nearly every node is single-battle. Combined with numerous unique backdrops and what looks like an explosion of new enemy types introduced and it's an overall excellent story chapter. I'm not quite done yet, but unless they really flop the landing it'll probably bump Babylonia off my top 3 favorite story arcs. Should be great to get me motivated for the Gilfest grind for that sweet, sweet heap of XP cards for all these new Servants.
    It sounds like your difficulty grasping Jeanne Alter's motivations and familiarity with the protagonist might be a result of missing the events that happened between her introduction and the events at Solomon. When you put everything together, the protagonist was there for her return after Orleans (established in Jeanne Classic's interlude series), met her again at Chaldea's first Christmas event (which probably was the start of her issues with Artoria Alter, now that I think about it), got to see some more sides of her character in the Seven Counterfeit Servants event, then recruited her to Chaldea at some point between that and the second Christmas event where Jeanne d'Arc Santa Alter Lily came into existence.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuzurao View Post
    It sounds like your difficulty grasping Jeanne Alter's motivations and familiarity with the protagonist might be a result of missing the events that happened between her introduction and the events at Solomon. When you put everything together, the protagonist was there for her return after Orleans (established in Jeanne Classic's interlude series), met her again at Chaldea's first Christmas event (which probably was the start of her issues with Artoria Alter, now that I think about it), got to see some more sides of her character in the Seven Counterfeit Servants event, then recruited her to Chaldea at some point between that and the second Christmas event where Jeanne d'Arc Santa Alter Lily came into existence.
    There is also a aurtoria alter interlude in there somewhere before Christmas, where she drags Jeanne alter back out for a fight. That is probably where Jeanne alter's issues with artoria alter begin actually. At least I think that singularity is before Christmas. Hard to place them sometimes.

On an unrelated note is it just me or is the game rediculously snappy after the last update. I've especially noticed load times between rounds are super short. And everything seem super responsive now.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-08-26 at 11:41 AM.

Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

There is also a aurtoria alter interlude in there somewhere before Christmas, where she drags Jeanne alter back out for a fight. That is probably where Jeanne alter's issues with artoria alter begin actually. At least I think that singularity is before Christmas. Hard to place them sometimes.

On an unrelated note is it just me or is the game rediculously snappy after the last update. I've especially noticed load times between rounds are super short. And everything seem super responsive now.
    Yeah the menus and delays between actions election and execution have gotten a ton snappier, it's almost distracting at times.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

19. - Top - End - #379
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Whats getting me is the high speed battle option seems WAY faster then before, when I already thought it was a little on the too fast side, especially for some of the newer characters with quicker animations then first year characters. But the low speed option is still the exact same being on the way too slow side. It basically ends up with both feeling off, and the ideal for me is somewhere between. I also noticed they reworked the filter menu, as well as a few other menus.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Used to be that there would be some lag when I used NPs on fast speed (particularly at the part where the name appears), but since the update there's no slowdown whatsoever.

This is a happy update.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuzurao View Post
    ... Right, okay. So understanding a character's motivations in the main story requires me to play through an interlude series for a Gacha-only SSR and two limited-time story-locked events. Got it. Excellent.

Also, that's weird. Very, very few Servants who show up in the main story are the Chaldea versions of those Servants (except Solomon, which was more of a reunion for everyone who showed up prior to that point, and I totally missed the effect for the event gang in the eighth throne as it was because I never played those events). IIRC, out of the original Singularities and the Lostbelts I've done so far, the only times Chaldea Servants have shown up in the plot are Da Vinci, Mash, Holmes, Musashi and the Kingslayer Trio in LB3 (all of whom are from the main plot). Mordred rehash in Camelot was a different Mordred. Everyone in LB1 was non-Chaldean, and LB2 was all new.

... This is going to happen a lot in the 1.5 arc, isn't it?
    Yeah, it's wonderful. Loading times in general are roughly halved or better and lag in animations is currently nonexistent. Spectacular update from a playability perspective.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

... Right, okay. So understanding a character's motivations in the main story requires me to play through an interlude series for a Gacha-only SSR and two limited-time story-locked events. Got it. Excellent.

Also, that's weird. Very, very few Servants who show up in the main story are the Chaldea versions of those Servants (except Solomon, which was more of a reunion for everyone who showed up prior to that point, and I totally missed the effect for the event gang in the eighth throne as it was because I never played those events). IIRC, out of the original Singularities and the Lostbelts I've done so far, the only times Chaldea Servants have shown up in the plot are Da Vinci, Mash, Holmes, Musashi and the Kingslayer Trio in LB3 (all of whom are from the main plot). Mordred rehash in Camelot was a different Mordred. Everyone in LB1 was non-Chaldean, and LB2 was all new.

... This is going to happen a lot in the 1.5 arc, isn't it?
    Actually I think it might just be the first one. Don't get me wrong, the other 1.5 singularities also have Chaldean servants, but most of them are explicitly sent into the Singularity with you.

Shinjuku is the only one where the Servants from Chaldea are just sorta there, no explanation given on how they got there or why. But Shinjuku is solid, I'm more curious about which one you think is the worst. I personally say it is Salem, but most people choose the second one instead.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

To be fair, according to lore there is no reason a servant wouldn't remember a given master when summoned a different time. Though there is also no reason they would. Servant timelines are wierd. Though there is how different Chaldea summoning is ...

Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

To be fair, according to lore there is no reason a servant wouldn't remember a given master when summoned a different time. Though there is also no reason they would. Servant timelines are wierd. Though there is how different Chaldea summoning is ...
    Technically incorrect unless they're specifically Counter Guardians, tainted by Angra Mainyu or Arturia (or, theoretically, anyone else in a similar situation), at least by original FSN rules. Chaldea's system obviously works differently. The Throne of Heroes pretty much takes a snapshot of the Heroic Spirit at their death, and manifesting them as a Servant brings about an aspect of that snapshot and summons them as a familiar constrained by the class system, along with an inherent understanding of the world they're being summoned into and the language spoken by the Master and the people in the area they're being summoned in. Servants would never have any memories of being summoned in previous Holy Grail Wars or what have you because they don't go back to the Throne on death as Servants (in the original story, their spirit origin is consumed to power the Grail and the incarnation of the Servant is gone forever) and thus don't update that 'snapshot'.

Counter Guardians like Emiya operate by a different mechanic and don't actually dwell in the Throne of Heroes, so when summoned as Servants do retain their memories of their time after death and any prior summonings. Hence Emiya remembering all the awful stuff he did as a Counter Guardian. Theoretically, any Servant ever summoned by the Counter Force might remember those Summonings, since the Counter Force actually brings out the entire spirit unconstrained by the Class system. And gives them an unlimited mana supply. They are... Very hax under those circumstances. Angra Mainyu's taint permanently changes a Servant, creating a new 'anti-hero' version of the spirit, which dwells in the Great Grail instead of the Throne of Heroes, so an Alter created that way would at least have the memories of their previous summoning, which is why Salter remembers Shiro and Black Herc remembers Illya in Heaven's Feel. And Arturia isn't even dead, much less in the Throne of Heroes, which is why she can remember the events of Fate Zero during FSN.

Admittedly, the Servants in FGO seem to operate more like Counter Guardians than proper Servants, considering they're seemingly summoned directly by Alaya to restore the world's foundation and don't require Masters to operate, but they clearly aren't Counter Force powered (with the possible exception of the Grands) because they aren't basically unstoppable so who knows. And Chaldean Servants don't seem to actually get unsummoned, they just hang out in the Record operating under the same Contract indefinitely, which by old FSN rules would probably make Chaldea something akin to the most powerful Magus organization in the world. Where the hell Chaldeas gets enough power to keep hundreds of Servants around indefinitely is its own question.
    Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2021-08-26 at 05:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

There are allusions to a resource infrastructure for mana to keep the servants going. And to dematerializing them when mana reserves get too low.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-08-26 at 06:26 PM.

Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #386
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Not just allusions to consuming a ton of resources, they also sometimes hint that the Chaldea versions are super nerfed compared to a normal grail war level servant. Not only locking away NPs they would normally have, they also have other reductions of power. Its why Chaldea's Herc only has 1 to 4 revives while FSN's had 12 revives. They also mention once or twice that most of the time theres rotating shifts of which servants are not using their spirit forms to conserve power. They also seem to be pulling a FSN Saber and are supplementing their normal mana reserves with solid food. Saber's bottomless stomach originates due to Shirou having really bad mana supplies and her having to convert food to mana to make up the difference in what she needed to what she got. Notice how FZ Saber never needed to eat, due to actually getting the mana she needed. So the fact Chaldea has a cafeteria that servants actively eat at suggests they are skimping on their mana supply by cutting into their food supply. Which is likely only possible due to the opening attack on Chaldea at the start, losing a bunch of staff and leaving them with a food surplus. Chaldea operating at 100% as planned before Lev launched his attack likely looked very different to the Chaldea we played through the game with. I bet they never would have resorted to employing Emiya, Cat, and Boudica to run the kitchens, as fully operational Chaldea would have had their own cooking staff. But due to the attack, they needed those people elsewhere and filled the spot with people far better for the job.

Edit: I perhaps understated how much they reworked the filter menu option. The CE menu in particular is INSANE. The filter menu Finally includes sorting for particular effects. So no more scrolling through the whole list trying to remember which ones do what, now you can just sort out only the effects you want. Same with servants for NP types. You can now only show Buster NPs for example.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2021-08-26 at 10:11 PM.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

I wouldn't know since I'm still locked out of my account. Customer service emailed me back and asked for a bunch of information. I gave them everything except my account created date since I don't know how to find that without logging in, and they haven't replied back since (it's been about 14 hours).

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Notice how FZ Saber never needed to eat, due to actually getting the mana she needed. So the fact Chaldea has a cafeteria that servants actively eat at suggests they are skimping on their mana supply by cutting into their food supply. Which is likely only possible due to the opening attack on Chaldea at the start, losing a bunch of staff and leaving them with a food surplus. Chaldea operating at 100% as planned before Lev launched his attack likely looked very different to the Chaldea we played through the game with.
    I mostly agree with you, but a few interesting points to discuss... While it's pretty likely you're right about Servants supplementing their mana supplies with food, we also know that many Servants, Artoria included, take a great deal of pleasure in eating whether they need to or not. There are a lot of times in the game we see Chaldean Servants mention how much they value a well-cooked meal or otherwise talk about 'I don't need to eat or sleep, but it's nice to do it when I can'. Many Servants go absolutely nuts over good cooking, and it's a tried-and-true way for Chaldea to reign in one of their Servants going rogue in the less serious events. Even in FSN, in UBW after Saber gets a Master that can supply her with enough mana she still displays her characteristic love of good cooking and bottomless appetite. Frankly, considering Rin dismisses it as an option immediately, the amount of mana a Servant can generate by eating is likely barely enough to justify the cost of maintaining a physical body during it. They mostly seem to do it for pleasure, though it's possible considering how much mana is floating around Chaldea that the food there might be a little bit denser in Servant-juice than normal. Either way, I strongly suspect that most of the Servants would be eating at that cafeteria even if they had as much mana as they could possibly want.

Possibly true, possibly not. IIRC it was the command staff and the Master Candidates that got wiped out, with the support staff being mostly untouched until Goetia's attack on the facility during the final Singularity. This is why Roman lives to be in command, and why most of the people we meet in the LB1 prologue are engineers and technicians rather than magi. But we do know that lots of people were doing jobs they weren't qualified for, so it's entirely possible the kitchen staff were put to work running stations in the command room or doing administrative work or something. Either way, Chaldea was designed to operate without resupply for years, since Animusphere knew that it might be necessary to stop Goetia's plans, so the loss of staff freeing up food supplies probably did little to change the fact that Chaldea had far more than enough food to survive and could afford to dole it out to their Servants. Plus the Chaldea Kitchen Squad are literally superhuman chefs*, and all actually want to spend their free time in the kitchen to the point that you'll usually find them cooking even in events when they are under no obligation to, so you might as well put them to work. I expect that even without staff shortages you'd likely have seen those three running the kitchens, on demand of the other Servants if nothing else.

*Well, Cat is. Emiya's legendary cooking skill is probably mostly a meme the writers decided to roll with, and Boudicca's supposed to be more of an enthusiastic amateur than anything. I'm honestly kind of surprised Beni-Enma hasn't taken over as head chef after showing up.

Regardless, we know that supplying even a single Servant requires an immense amount of energy (enough that without the boost from the Grail Rin and Shiro working together need to dedicate basically their entire prana supply to the task, and Rin is one of the most talented Magi in the world). Chaldea must have a crazy power source to keep hundreds of them going, even with cheats like keeping most of them in spirit form most of the time... That said, we also know that by the 1.5 arc they're running at full capacity and barely getting by, so obviously the cost of operating the way Chaldea does is anything but trivial.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Wasn't that whole CCC event with Kiara set on an "oil rig" that chaldea used as a back up mana generator?

Also in Parvati's recent interlude it's a plot point that servants do in fact use food and drink as an alternate mana source.

And lastly I have no idea about the specifics but on reddit I've seen multiple people say that it's been hinted at that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Merlin's trapped, unconscious, body
    serves as chaldeas primary mana source.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

I think it is stated that Chaldea can harvest resources from Singularities. Including mana sources. However they are also perpetually needing more, and that's the canon explanation for the daily grinding quests. That's you doing your part in gathering new resources.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show