New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order V - Salty Theoretical Phenomenon

I was able to get my account back!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Huzzah. Rip consecutive login
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-08-27 at 07:14 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Congrats. Account limbo is never a fun time.

As to the conversation about where Chaldea got its mana supply, if memory serves:

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pretty sure it was more than merely hinted about Merlin. I'm pretty confident it was outright stated that, at least in part 1, Merlin was directly supplying Chaldea's mana so that any number of Servants could be supported. It's why, until they reached the Wandering Sea - with its supply of magic from the Age of Gods - you were running temporary Servants out of a briefcase.

That, and there's really not a lot of room in the Shadow Border.

Honestly, though, FGO bends as many rules as it makes up. So you kind of have to take a lot of the new lore with a grain of salt, and quietly ignore how it may conflict with prior canon.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Public service announcement: make sure your transfer number is up to date, just in case! Even if you think you have a current one (like I did), it costs you nothing to issue a new one every once in a while and write that one down in place of the previous one.

Also, in case anyone else ever has to go through account recovery, here is what they wanted to know from me:
    Spoiler: Info needed to recover my account
    Show

This is all the information they asked for during the recovery process:
    • My account ID/friend code
    • Most recent transfer number I had
    • My Master's name, typed as it appears (and with screen shots if I had them, which I did not)
    • What birthday I set
    • Brand & model of the current device I play on, or list devices I've played on in the past if you're not sure which is most recent
    • When did I first download the game? (I did not know how to find this information, so provided an approximate date by asking friends who started around when I did, as well as the first event I remembered participating in)
    • Date I last accessed my account
    • At least 5 servants that I possessed, including class, not counting Mash (I gave significantly more than 5, including which ones had been grailed and which ones had higher NP level, thinking it might make up for information I lacked)
    • Who is registered as my favorite Servant
    • Which servants were in my main party
    • My character's approximate level (I got the exact number from one of my friends
    • The master name and friend code of a few people on my friends list. I gave 3 IRL friends and 2 people from this forum (thanks for maintaining that list in the first post, by the way)
    • Whether or not I had ever purchased Saint Quartz, and if so payment information (I copy/pasted my last two email receipts from my Google account)

Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well the Extra roll went as expected. Wish they would add some more 3 stars Extra's in so you have some variance instead of cards and cards of bloody Salieri.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Ugh, the Touta exhibition took way too long tog et the luck I needed to finish him. And I'm not sure how to approached Leonidas.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Ugh, the Touta exhibition took way too long tog et the luck I needed to finish him. And I'm not sure how to approached Leonidas.
    If I remember right, the best way is to pick a main damage dealer, equip them with an mlb damage CE and just have supports in your party. Maybe use your support slot for a backup damage dealer if you have enough supports in you own servants

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    If I remember right, the best way is to pick a main damage dealer, equip them with an mlb damage CE and just have supports in your party. Maybe use your support slot for a backup damage dealer if you have enough supports in you own servants
    Yeah I tried that until Merlin got wiped out by a crit because Sabers don't deal enough damage to other sabers and one of the spartans got a bunch of crit up bonuses.

Factotum Variants!

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Okay so I've been doing pretty well at the Exhibition quests so far. Touta wasn't too bad, just needed Cu and someone's Enkidu with the event CE. Leonardes needed me to pull out my Merlin who is not max level yet, but is still pulling so much weight. And that worked. Izo wasn't too bad either. A stall caster team with Illya laying down the damage.

But how do you beat the Jaguar team? I've gotten down to 1 Jaguar, and have then run into a big problem with how much damage they resist and how much damage they deal.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    But how do you beat the Jaguar team? I've gotten down to 1 Jaguar, and have then run into a big problem with how much damage they resist and how much damage they deal.
    I remember the Jaguar CQ from last year. It was the hardest of the bunch, by far. Honestly, I don't even remember how I finally beat them. Wish I still knew my team from back then so I could repeat the process.

Maybe I posted about this here? Could try looking it up, I imagine.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    I remember the Jaguar CQ from last year. It was the hardest of the bunch, by far. Honestly, I don't even remember how I finally beat them. Wish I still knew my team from back then so I could repeat the process.

Maybe I posted about this here? Could try looking it up, I imagine.
    Current set up: Lv 74 Merlin with Kalido - Cu with +100% damage - Mash with 200 2nd Lostbelt CE - Waver with Bodhesvita - Salter - Support with +100% damage. That gets me to Taiga, and I usually manage to break the first gauge too. But then I run out of HP.

Well currently I burn down the Nobu as slow as I dare, til it breaks. Then I blow her up as fast as possible with Cu's NP. Then I alternate between hitting Taiga and Jeanne, but Jeanne always dies first due to Cu's damage. Also at this point Taiga really starts to hurt. So I think my current plan depends on getting a second +100% damage CE before I try again.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Yeah I tried that until Merlin got wiped out by a crit because Sabers don't deal enough damage to other sabers and one of the spartans got a bunch of crit up bonuses.
    i really am not a fan of merlin as a primary support.... I also tend not to focus on buster crit servants. anyway my strat is to use 4 star nero since she has more survivability, though i am tempted to use saber shiki this time since i got her and she has that whole death chance thing for the saber spartans.

Okay so I've been doing pretty well at the Exhibition quests so far. Touta wasn't too bad, just needed Cu and someone's Enkidu with the event CE. Leonardes needed me to pull out my Merlin who is not max level yet, but is still pulling so much weight. And that worked. Izo wasn't too bad either. A stall caster team with Illya laying down the damage.

so yeah this one is super tough.... i can tell you the team i used but i was also fishing for runs where the enemy crit fewer times. took me several tries last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Me last time
    with the help of support musashi i was able to finally defeat jaguar warrior and the jaguars... after a few dozen times of fine tuning my strategy and then fishing for some luck. and i did it without seals... cause i blew them all on earlier attempts that failed.

Spoiler: Team in order of slot
    Show
    Parvati 10/10/10 NP1 MLB damage CE
    Waver 6/10/10 NP3 K-scope
    Skadi 7/6/8 NP1 no ce
    Brave Elizabeth 6/6/6 NP5 MLB Aerial Drive
    Mash (classic) 10/10/10 NP3 MLB The Merciless One
    support Musashi 10/10/6 NP2 MLB damage ce
    Mystic Code Chaldea Uniform - True Ether

my strategy was to use waver and skadi to try and get a waver into parvati NP with all the buffs off immediately which would break nobu and jeanne's HP bars, with the extra NP boost off of my mystic code's mana conversion and a turn 1 arts card to finish, parvati would have almost enough NP to go off again, she would then either need to attack jaguar warrior for more NP or get hit so she can blast them again leaving nobu and jeanne in low health. when eli got swapped in she would help wittle jaguar down without breaking her before jeanne was completely gone, though she never got her NP off in the final one since it would have gone off on the turn i attacked jeanne to minimize jaguar's NP damage, then i had to stall for a bit to get rid of jeanne's invuln without letting nobu or jeanne have full power NPs, i used this time to get jaguar down to about 30k on the first bar. all around the same time i did one last big parvati NP to finish off the other two and musashi came in to deal with jaguar warrior, she and parvati finished her break bar, and then she killed parvati with her NP which was the best luck since i didn't use an invuln on musashi since she had guts left. musashi then proceeded to blow jaguar's last bar away in 3 turns of raw damage with some healing from my code and her own invuln button to survive exactly long enough for the finishign blow.

tldr; this one is like super overtuned and even with tons of strategy and luck i barely made it. and this coming from someone who finished the stupid unnerfed final round in last years nero fest. probably would have gone smoother if i owned a merlin... this is the first time merlin has seemed like more than just overkill...

ps: thank you an absolute ton spectral for the musashi.
    edit: thinking about it if i just follow this again, i think i will have an easier time cause parvati got to np5 while failing to get kama. assuming i still get to use an np2 mlb damage ce musashi...

edit 2: used the same strategy for jaguars, i used command seals to give my support saber NP charge to make up for fishing for luck.

this time around the killing of the first two went much smother as some servants were a bit stronger

Spoiler: this time around
    Show

parvati np5 10/10/10 mlb damage ce
    waver np3 10/10/10 mlb k-scope (though due to t1 skill dump being mlb doesn't matter)
    skadi np1 10/10/10 no ce
    eli brave np5 6/6/6 mllb aeriel drive
    mash (classic) np 3 10/10/10 the merciless one
    support nero bride np1 10/10/10 mob damage ce
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-09-04 at 12:50 PM.

Current avatar by me

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

So, here's a fun fact. I have not done a single CQ for this event. Not a one. Oh, I've taken a few shots at them. But absolutely no luck.

Honestly, I can't tell if CQs have changed, or if it's me. I feel like I have less and less patience for them in recent events. And I can't tell if it's that the clever gimmicks and strategies of older CQs you had to figure out have given way to a combination of RNG and powercreep, or if somehow my own skills have atrophied and I just can't figure out the gimmicks.

For example, the one with Brave Liz? The one where she gets a power-up every time she kills something, but also can't die or you auto-lose? The one where the second boss literally puts a target on her back, and somehow the fact that I have other taunters is rendered irrelevant? Somehow I can't make it with that one. That one should be a cakewalk, but I can't seem to make it.

The revival ones? I feel like I cleared them all in the past. I'm certain I at least got most of them. But this time, nothing. Did they get powercreeped, or am I just slacking? No idea.

Plus side, not focusing on clearing CQs has given me plenty of time to farm the lottery, which let's be honest is the point of this event. But even so, it's a bit of a let-down.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    So, here's a fun fact. I have not done a single CQ for this event. Not a one. Oh, I've taken a few shots at them. But absolutely no luck.

Honestly, I can't tell if CQs have changed, or if it's me. I feel like I have less and less patience for them in recent events. And I can't tell if it's that the clever gimmicks and strategies of older CQs you had to figure out have given way to a combination of RNG and powercreep, or if somehow my own skills have atrophied and I just can't figure out the gimmicks.

For example, the one with Brave Liz? The one where she gets a power-up every time she kills something, but also can't die or you auto-lose? The one where the second boss literally puts a target on her back, and somehow the fact that I have other taunters is rendered irrelevant? Somehow I can't make it with that one. That one should be a cakewalk, but I can't seem to make it.

The revival ones? I feel like I cleared them all in the past. I'm certain I at least got most of them. But this time, nothing. Did they get powercreeped, or am I just slacking? No idea.

Plus side, not focusing on clearing CQs has given me plenty of time to farm the lottery, which let's be honest is the point of this event. But even so, it's a bit of a let-down.
    I was able to do the Touta CQ and that's it, I just don't have the patience to work them out even if I feel like I got more of them last time.

I cleared close to 80 lotto boxes, my archive is maxed out and I suppose i could use some more apples to make sure i'm really full on embers, but eh.

Factotum Variants!

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

I did all the challenge quest last time but this time I got to mhx alter revival cq and tried strats from online, tried old successful strat, tried everything, but can't seem to live. Also doesn't help that I am either super unlucky with targeting or the npc has a new targeting protocol to get multiple of Nero's guts in one turn before finishing off the rest of the party.... But yeah together with being much busier irl and the ring involved in the cqs I just stopped doing them now...

Current avatar by me

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I've done the majority of CQs this year, but there are some that elude me still. The Jaguar CQ is as ridiculously hard as last time, so I'm unsure of how much effort I'll spare to complete it. On the new ones, I'm stumped at the Mephistopheles one. The instant death mechanic reducing your max HP by 10 000 even if you survive it is extremely difficult to handle and I'm not entirely certain how I will do so yet, especially with Mephisto's break bar removing all buffs so whatever protection you might have had will just be gone and there's nothing you can do about it. I did have some success with Kingprotea thanks to her infinite growth, so I'll keep trying with her.

I tried Eli Brave, and got pretty far into it but the second-to-last node is basically impossible. You have two turns to kill the eye or it wipes out your entire frontline, and whoever you use will deal half damage (Eli because she has class disadvantage, others because non-Eli don't deal full damage). Haven't tried the ones after yet.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2021-09-13 at 12:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Personally, I haven't put a huge amount of time into them (focusing my efforts on clearing boxes, hoping to hit 30 this year... And probably won't, since I'm only at 21 right now), and I've only finished three: Eli-chan, Touta and Leonidas. Touta was easy, once I got down to just Enkidu left he basically did no net damage at all and Enkidu just beat him down. Eli took like four miserable tries, and I only beat it because I gave up on the 'Eli-only' thing I was told was the most efficient way to do it (and apparently requires a specific series of actions all the way through the fight) and brought Mash and Merlin to support instead. I used Mash's first skill and NP together to take the bite out of the eyeball attack, focused down the demon guy and their ignore invincible wears off and you can live through it. Still had to use a Command Seal to heal up Eli, since I lost Merlin to the boss and she was down to low HP and looked like she was gonna die. I almost wish I hadn't finished that one, though. It wasn't worth spending over an hour on for some mats I don't really need and one crummy ticket. Leo at least was actually fun; took him down with Merlin (MLB Holy Shroud), Saber Shiki (Painting Summer) and Altera (with MLB damage CE) in the front row and a borrowed Salter (MLB damage CE), Mash and Lancelot in the back. Shiki's spectacular in this one, insta-killing Spartans (even those pesky Hero Archers) and ignoring defense with her NP while helping charge the team back up and sustaining hard with the huge heal on her third skill, and Altera has all the tools to be the optimal damage dealer for the fight (it might be the only fight in all of FGO that actually uses all of her kit without punishing her for not having a hard invulnerability skill). First try ended in disaster when all three enemies ganged up on Merlin two turns in a row early on and wiped him out. Second try was a win, and not all that close. It really required terrible luck to lose it.

Probably won't bother with any more. Time spent on that isn't spend on boxes, and I'd much rather clear a box than get the rewards from one of the CQs. If I nose down maybe I can still meet my goal...

Speaking of which, is the drop rate on the ticket CE absurdly low or something? I've done somewhere between 150 and 200 nodes so far and I haven't seen it yet. I know it's possible, there are people on my friends list with 2 MLB ones on their Servants, but I'm still stuck at 4 copies... It's not a good CE, really, but I'd still like to at least get enough copies to have an MLB version around if I need it. Maybe I'm just really unlucky, or it only drops under specific situations or something?
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    Speaking of which, is the drop rate on the ticket CE absurdly low or something? I've done somewhere between 150 and 200 nodes so far and I haven't seen it yet. I know it's possible, there are people on my friends list with 2 MLB ones on their Servants, but I'm still stuck at 4 copies... It's not a good CE, really, but I'd still like to at least get enough copies to have an MLB version around if I need it. Maybe I'm just really unlucky, or it only drops under specific situations or something?
    Personally I was thinking they drastically increased the drop rate on the CE as I have had 9(!) drop. Its a slight bit better at crit star bursting then the other starting crit star CEs we have gotten, they only do 15, this one does 20. But its 10% arts and buster don't have as much usefulness as Golden Carp's 50% starting NP.

On the CQ front I have only done a single one, Touta's, and it took me several tries, but a friendlist level 100 NP3 Brynhildr with the damage CE hard carried the fight. The trick was to get her NP ready on a turn I could get all possible buffs on her. She then proceeded to do 3 million damage in a single turn, easily clearing the entire second health bar. Every other one feels like too much stress/work for rewards I already have plenty of, besides the tickets.

So instead I have been focusing on the lotto ticket farming, and am on box 47. Hoping to get to 50 before the end of the event, but I still need a few more things from the shop, namely the gold fous. And with no gold drop CE, its going to take a lot of runs. My team for the first batch of quests to ticket farm was Summer Mordred and double Tamamo, which worked very well. 168% recharge on average was very silly. Current ticket farm is a little better, able to fit all CE slots with the Ticket drop CE: Summer Jeanne Archer, Nero Bride, Support Nero Bride, and Tamamo I plugsuit in. Of course this means the final 2 members need to be a 2 Star character and Mash, but I was wanting to bond level Salome anyway.

In upcoming events, after this event ends, we might get a quiet week of farming dailies or catching up in the story, as in a bit we will get a rerun of Oniland which means LB2 needs to be finished to join. Luckily the "back to school" mini event gives reduced AP cost for story chapters up to LB2, so maybe take a bit of time after event farming to squeeze in a chapter or two. And after the Oniland rerun, the next event only needs Solomon to have been finished, but doesn't have a gift character or much else of real note. But it does have our 4th Rinface, this time as an Avenger, so if you like collecting Rin clones, its something to roll on. Mechanically, she pairs really well with next year's Anniversary character, so if you have been looking forward to that, this will be the big chance for her. The next time she appears she will be in a gauntlet of a ton of very hyped for characters, making it very hard to have saved SQ for all of them.
    Personally, I'm rolling for this new Rinface, despite not liking Rinfaces, I only want to keep my claim of having every Avenger.
    Another little warning: if the schedule for NA compares to JP, we will also be having one of the only returns of Skadi after the event with the Rinface. So if you missed out on Skadi but still want her, it might be wise to hold off a little on the Rin clone.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

I have done most of the CQs. Currently I have Romulus, sugar Salter, Jaguar, Gorgons, Nero, and Archilles. So you know more like half.

Gorgons I can beat, I just need a friend Enkidu and my First Hassassin. I just haven’t gotten to it. I’ve gotten close on Romulus. And I haven’t even tried Archilles.

I’ve gotten so close on the sugar Salter. Only had two turns to go.

Clown wasn’t easy but Fels Berserker with the MLB event CE got me through it. You focus on keeping her alive and using her NP to put damage on the clown and clear out the minions. But you either need good luck or a debuff clear because getting a damage down on her is basically game over. And even with good luck I still used to command seals to instant use her NP a couple of times. But seriously Raikou does so much damage to the Clown since he counts as a demon I think.

Anyways AoR riders and berserkers seem to be the most useful for the clown. Also having multiple of the event CE so you get the respawn and don’t just die after 6 turns.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

I tried to do 3 of the challenge quest. Failed, and then returned my attention to the lottery farming.

I'm "fortunate" enough to have a overnight security job where I'm encouraged to play mobile games so as to not fall asleep, so I've went full force into the grind, I'm at 140 boxes cleared right now, I've spend all my embers on leveling silver and bronze servants to unlock those sweet, sweet interludes and rank ups, all the friend points have been spent to get CEs to feed to other CEs so now I have a maxed out K.scope. and somehow I STILL need more proof of heros.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    I tried to do 3 of the challenge quest. Failed, and then returned my attention to the lottery farming.

I'm "fortunate" enough to have a overnight security job where I'm encouraged to play mobile games so as to not fall asleep, so I've went full force into the grind, I'm at 140 boxes cleared right now, I've spend all my embers on leveling silver and bronze servants to unlock those sweet, sweet interludes and rank ups, all the friend points have been spent to get CEs to feed to other CEs so now I have a maxed out K.scope. and somehow I STILL need more proof of heros.
    I had a friend working as a security guard during the night, and he'd play mobile games so he would not fall asleep, and a couple of days I were there was the same, though FGO wasn't out, so it was full Hearthstone.

140 boxes is pretty good! I've only capped at 100 back in the day (I think one of the x-mass events), and usually don't need that much grind. Although I'm starting to stack up servants, so I guess I could use the extra EXP.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Sadly my own farming is slowed down because of my inability to do nodes quickly... As Gilgamesh freezes my game with his new animations.

Not even just his NP, every attack has a chance to make FGO crash. I have no idea how to resolve this. The only thing about it I found on Google was a deleted Reddit thread.

23. - Top - End - #413

Sounds like a good reason to golden cube him. Its his fate whenever he shows his ugly mug in my Chaldea. haven't really bothered with this event, its uninspiring and i have been absorbed in a fair better time sink recently.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't managed any of the challenge quests yet. I've attempted the Nero/Fionn/Napoleon one, but it's about 11 kinds of BS all at once and the best I've been able to manage so far is breaking all their 1st bars and taking Napoleon down. I've tried the Eric Bloodaxe one using a strategy I found on Youtube that I actually have all the right servants for, but RNG needs to be absolutely perfect for it to work and I haven't gotten that. I tried the Izo one once, and while I got close it wasn't enough.

I hate leaving them undone, but at this point I think I need to focus on clearing the rest of the shop, and whatever time is left after that is probably better spent farming. It pisses me off though: these lotto events are incredibly helpful but also incredibly tedious, and challenge quests are one of the only things in this game that are interesting from a mechanical perspective anymore. It sucks that the difficulty is jacked up to the level where you can't do them unless you're either an elite account or incredibly blessed by RNG.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

Sadly my own farming is slowed down because of my inability to do nodes quickly... As Gilgamesh freezes my game with his new animations.

Not even just his NP, every attack has a chance to make FGO crash. I have no idea how to resolve this. The only thing about it I found on Google was a deleted Reddit thread.
    I can't say for sure, but this could be the game having issues streaming/buffering/however the game handles temp files with his attack animations. One possible solution is to download all the files from the game options menu in my room.

Though depending on device you may not have room for the as there is quite a lot. Also If you did this in the past then there will still be new filed to download from updates

Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    I can't say for sure, but this could be the game having issues streaming/buffering/however the game handles temp files with his attack animations. One possible solution is to download all the files from the game options menu in my room.

Though depending on device you may not have room for the as there is quite a lot. Also If you did this in the past then there will still be new filed to download from updates
    I tried doing that, sadly no success. Best I can tell is that it's a problem with the emulator I use.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't managed any of the challenge quests yet. I've attempted the Nero/Fionn/Napoleon one, but it's about 11 kinds of BS all at once and the best I've been able to manage so far is breaking all their 1st bars and taking Napoleon down. I've tried the Eric Bloodaxe one using a strategy I found on Youtube that I actually have all the right servants for, but RNG needs to be absolutely perfect for it to work and I haven't gotten that. I tried the Izo one once, and while I got close it wasn't enough.

I hate leaving them undone, but at this point I think I need to focus on clearing the rest of the shop, and whatever time is left after that is probably better spent farming. It pisses me off though: these lotto events are incredibly helpful but also incredibly tedious, and challenge quests are one of the only things in this game that are interesting from a mechanical perspective anymore. It sucks that the difficulty is jacked up to the level where you can't do them unless you're either an elite account or incredibly blessed by RNG.
    That is one of the harder ones. I've basically given up on getting that one done.

But I do agree, the farming is useful but it's mostly just spending time for mats. There's no thought involved. The challenge quests are actually fun. But some of them are such complete BS. The only reason I've been able to do so many of them is because I got a Merlin when his banner was up last event. Eric Bloodax is interesting that it is giving you trouble though, I managed to beat him in one try, mostly by hammering him with lots of damage whenever he'd get a kill or use his NP. So abusing invincibility and evades worked really really well. I didn't even have a specific team for him, I actually went into it on a misclick.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

My team against Eric was something like borrowed Waver, Holmes, Gil, Merlin, Bunyan. I broke the first 2 health bars in 1 turn each, but couldn't get through the 3rd. With better RNG on card draws or crit stars I might have done it. If he hadn't gone all in on killing Waver instead of attacking Bunyan (who I swapped in specifically so he could kill her and thus not trigger buffs for that turn), I think I could for sure have done it.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Clown wasn’t easy but Fels Berserker with the MLB event CE got me through it. You focus on keeping her alive and using her NP to put damage on the clown and clear out the minions. But you either need good luck or a debuff clear because getting a damage down on her is basically game over. And even with good luck I still used to command seals to instant use her NP a couple of times. But seriously Raikou does so much damage to the Clown since he counts as a demon I think.
    Yay, I helped!

That's... pretty ungood. I mean, I hate Gil, but he's one Archer who has been able to withstand powercreep. The Anti-Servant trait helps. For an AoE NP to be able to kill boss targets with neutral damage, or even with class disadvantage, is kind of insane.

But yeah. If he's causing your game to crash, that's... problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Sounds like a good reason to golden cube him. Its his fate whenever he shows his ugly mug in my Chaldea. haven't really bothered with this event, its uninspiring and i have been absorbed in a fair better time sink recently.
    I'll be honest, I am envious of anyone who has him. Again, hate Gil, but for gameplay purposes he's pretty solid. So when I hear people saying they want to cube him, it kind of fills me with a little bit of rage.

It's like the recently released Berserker in JP (whose identity is a spoiler so I won't mention it) who demands that the player abandon all other Berserkers... And there are some mad sorts who actually have done so. That's insane to me. Some of those Berserkers are really good. Like, why would anyone discard a Heracles before getting him to NP5?

30. - Top - End - #420

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    So when I hear people saying they want to cube him, it kind of fills me with a little bit of rage.

It's like the recently released Berserker in JP (whose identity is a spoiler so I won't mention it) who demands that the player abandon all other Berserkers... And there are some mad sorts who actually have done so. That's insane to me. Some of those Berserkers are really good. Like, why would anyone discard a Heracles before getting him to NP5?
    Good channel that rage because I cube anything that I don't like and encourage anyone to do the same with anything they don't like or need, why keep deadweight and bad characters about.
    I would hazard a guess that far too many people are just invested into whatever flavor of cheese the meta is presently. If you hate the servant why even consider it for gameplay reasons where there is a lot of choice and all of it works more or less. The umbrage that come from it is pretty funny as well.

Like that exploding elemental assassin was rude on summons and became a cube thereafter, didn't want her, don't need her and that was well before i picked up the powerhouses I did actually want and was managing with less than powerful but much more likable characters (I do really wish Kato Danzo would get some buffs)

On a similar level of cubage is nero and skip any awful interactions i have to do with her and her umoo crap. Although if you cubing something because a story character wants you to your maybe in to it a lil too deep...
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet