New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order V - Salty Theoretical Phenomenon

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Good channel that rage because I cube anything that I don't like and encourage anyone to do the same with anything they don't like or need, why keep deadweight and bad characters about.
    I would hazard a guess that far too many people are just invested into whatever flavor of cheese the meta is presently. If you hate the servant why even consider it for gameplay reasons where there is a lot of choice and all of it works more or less. The umbrage that come from it is pretty funny as well.

Like that exploding elemental assassin was rude on summons and became a cube thereafter, didn't want her, don't need her and that was well before i picked up the powerhouses I did actually want and was managing with less than powerful but much more likable characters (I do really wish Kato Danzo would get some buffs)

On a similar level of cubage is nero and skip any awful interactions i have to do with her and her umoo crap. Although if you cubing something because a story character wants you to your maybe in to it a lil too deep...
    That works to a point, but then you have too many Rare Prisms, and aren't getting SQ from Interlude, Bond, or Strengthening on those characters. I HATE Arjuna Alter, but all I did was drop him in the second archive, as I have 26 Rare Prisms, nothing big to spend them on, and he might at some super later date get an interlude that gives me some SQ. And even if not that, dropping his level 1 butt into my backline for a while can get me 3SQ for each Bond past 5 without ever seeing him. SQ is more important then RP. And I would more like the option for maybe some day trying him, then to throw him away forever, then find out a year or two later he gets some kind of redemption, and realize he only ever had a single banner, and I will never get him again. Especially for those rarer characters, like limited and story locked, or any 5 star, I would rather keep them and ignore them then to lose them basically forever. And what were you even going to use that space for anyway? Fous, embers, or whatnot that you cant use as you don't have any characters to level cause you burned them all? Like, just today I was going through my to do interludes, and saw the Phantom of the Opera's interlude was super easy to get, but I found out I had burned every single copy I had of him. For a super easy notch up in the extra missions for completing interludes, all I had to do was toss 15 embers at him, back line him while farming, and boom, easy SQ. And that's for a super easy to get FP Servant, having that happen with a SR or SSR is far harder. But hey, if you prefer spending money on SQ then going through hoops to get all the limited free SQ, that's great. It supports the game, makes sure we keep getting updates, and makes those characters you did spend money for and keep that more special as you invested more then just time into them.

And on the subject of "a character told me to", your own arguments support doing just that. If its a character you actually really like, and they told you to burn characters who you dont like or are meh to, whats the difference between doing that and just burning anyone you don't like anyway. "Any character is replaceable" means that so what that you burned all your other Berserkers you got the one you actually like. If you like one more then all the rest, why not burn all the others, they have been replaced by the actually liked one. No point in keeping deadweight characters you wont use, cause you got the one you do like.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Yay, I helped!

I'll be honest, I am envious of anyone who has him. Again, hate Gil, but for gameplay purposes he's pretty solid. So when I hear people saying they want to cube him, it kind of fills me with a little bit of rage.

It's like the recently released Berserker in JP (whose identity is a spoiler so I won't mention it) who demands that the player abandon all other Berserkers... And there are some mad sorts who actually have done so. That's insane to me. Some of those Berserkers are really good. Like, why would anyone discard a Heracles before getting him to NP5?
    It was much appreciated.

I like Gil, he makes for a good villain.

But that Berserker is probably going to get cubed by me. The only one who could get away with that would be Illya in Ber-ser-CAR! Because yeah, she'd be right. After I have a Illya driving a tank, why do I need any other Servants at all?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Good channel that rage because I cube anything that I don't like and encourage anyone to do the same with anything they don't like or need, why keep deadweight and bad characters about.
    Because there's almost no such thing in this game. Almost.

Setting aside the meta, the fact is that almost every character has an opportunity to shine. Whether it's a 2-star Assassin who can generate crit stars for you while keeping cost down, a 3-star with an Arts NP to help your stall tactics, or an obnoxious Nero who happens to have a drop bonus for a given event. Almost all of them have a use, a function. This is especially true for 4- and 5-star Servants, who have higher stats to back up what might otherwise be niche abilities.

And that's before, as Saambell mentions, you get interludes and strengthening quests and bonus SQ and bond SQ. That's basically free money.

As a general rule? For me, SQ are more valuable than RPs.

Now, once I've NP5ed something, all bets are off. But before then? I'm keeping it. Even if it's permanently benched. I will level it up to max and get it to Bond 5 - that doesn't take long - and then stick it in Second Archive unless needed, I don't care. But I don't cube them without getting my pound of flesh. Because if it's a Servant I dislike? I got them instead of the one I wanted. And somebody is going to pay for that. One way or another, I will come out ahead on this transaction.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

4. - Top - End - #424
    Firbolg in the Playground

There is plenty of deadweight, not everyone is going to like or use everything just because it may have a "niche" bonus in one event out of many. And oh the calamity of missing a few stars when there is more give out for extended maintenance than i miss out of not leveling a few bad apples up. As mentioned the umbrage it causes is half the fun. too many knickers in a twist.

And on the subject of "a character told me to", your own arguments support doing just that. If its a character you actually really like, and they told you to burn characters who you dont like or are meh to, whats the difference between doing that and just burning anyone you don't like anyway
    So ive missed something here, your talking about a Character you like telling you to burn other character's you dont and the one that was mentioned was new berserker telling you to get rid of all other berserkers, sure if you like this new berserker maybe but in general no, if your getting rid of characters you have invested in because a story character is telling you to then that your effectively being trolled by DW. The Choice is your getting rid of things that YOU find you don't need or want vs doing it because X character in story said to.

The vagaries of the game assuming blithely that you accept every servant you come across for service when a great many are so up themselves any sane master would say nope you help is not needed. Purge that summon data from the rolladex.

Personally my Archive is filling up with Servants that I do like but don't have a need for so why would i bother keeping the crap I don't like just for a miniscule amount of currency. The only servant who I don't like but have kept is the stupidly rare but utterly useless no star avenger and only because he is so rare.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

5. - Top - End - #425

NecromancerGirl

Hmm, if I was ever going to burn some of my gold characters cause I don't like them or don't need them...

I got NP5 Level 100 Nero and NP2 Level 100 Nero Bride, both of those two out damage all of my other Sabers.

I can burn basically ALL my archers. Got Gil, got Jeanne, got Archura. Basically don't need anyone else.

If I ever pull a Eresh, shes going to be useless as I already have Level 100 Lancer Artoria. Other then her, Kagatora and Raikou do all my boss killing. Most other Lancers aren't ever used.

I can burn ALL my riders besides my level 100 NP5 Ozymandias and Mordred. They do everything a rider needs to do.

For casters, little trickier. NP3 Level 100 Nero Summer and Sanzang handle all the attacking needs. And from there its just asking if I actually need any of the big supports. Tamamo is liked, shes Nero's rival in love, and she helps make all my AoE arts characters actually worth it. Skadi would be an easy burn, if she didn't super buff Kama.

Assassins I only need Kama. Every other Assassin is worthless, Kama is Love, Kama is the Universe.

Musashi is my berserker of choice, displacing Raikou. Does AoE, but can do it again and again. I can't think of any other Berserker I use as much.

Extra Classes by their own design of being extra can all be burned but BB Summer can't be burned. Also her lore is super cool. And when that one summer avenger appears shes a 100% need. She is Love, She is the Universe. And Bunny King is peak ruler for me. Kiara is THE alter ego, and her Final Boss status is great.

Did I say some? I seem to have meant "all but like 20". If you notice, all my liked characters are also my powerhouses, and if they are a 5 star, and one of the only ones I like of said class, odds are very good they are Level 100. And a heavy Bias to Arts and Buster. And thus, if I only use those 20 or so, that makes the Caster Support question a lot easier, as I just fill the other 1 or 2 slots on the team with either Tamamo or Merlin. So, out of 210 characters I have, I might as well burn all but 20 of them, if this is only on the case of "keep only those you like or use". I imagine you don't mean things to that extreme, but its actually fun to think about who you actually like and use most of the time, and how much of your collection just sits there.

EDIT: To be clear, I like a lot more then just the ones listed above, but I use those ones a lot more then the ones not listed. Because why keep a character you like if you never use them? And that 210 includes my Silver and Bronze characters. But in the end, I doubt I will ever burn any of them, I really do like having my options open for things. All me not liking them does is lower them on the leveling list. And even then, sometimes its fun to go into a super low level fight with a bunch of equally low level characters. Makes a boring thing that little bit more interesting. Hmm, might as well use those two spare Nero cards I got in my Second Archive to make a low level NP2 Nero to use for Bone farming. Might be more interesting then just Buster Smashing with Summer Jalter, Penny, and Summer Nobbu.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2021-09-19 at 01:11 AM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pretty sure most interludes and rank ups require your servant to be 3rd ascension at least. And that's a pretty big limiting factor. The only class where I'm getting close to running out of Servants I want to level up is Rider, and that's because the only gold Rider I have is Martha and Marie, and I hate Marie.

But admittedly, I haven't cubed Marie. Yet. Though that's more because again, I haven't really drawn any gold riders. Every other class I've got at least 2 gold Servants in.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

Man, I got super busy at the wrong time... I really needed skill gems but didn't have time to grind the boxes. Barely got the important boxes. Though managed to get everything I could use from the shop.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

8. - Top - End - #428

Rolling on the Mordred/Lancer Artoria banner i got neither of them but decided to throw the months tickets at them aswell and picked up NP3 Penthesilea and Martha which was a nice suprise.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

9. - Top - End - #429

NecromancerGirl

Great Oni raid has started, they drops EGGS. Highest node has 2.5 million HP, and the entire set up is built for one turn nukes. So grab your biggest single target nukes, double support casters, and any backup you might need, and have a go.

Personally I'm rolling in with my silly powerful Ozymandius and double Merlin and Plugsuit Waver. Ozy is very easily doing 2.6-3 Million damage in just his NP. But due to the way the event CEs work, and the Great Oni being a berserker, you can roll in with anyone capable of a turn one nuke. I have no doubt there's people doing Double Skadi Kama, or Meltryllis, or Kintoki. Or people doing double Tamamo someone or other, having trouble thinking who can first turn nuke right now with Arts. But yeah, its always very nice having fights where a turn one nuke works again. Break Bars were made exactly to stop this sort of thing.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

For some reason this oni boss is a dragon, so Sigurd+Merlin+Waver+Nero bride is getting an NP on first turn and doing over 4mil damage.

But none of the drops are ones I need/want, and thanks to grinding gilfest way too hard I have over 600m SQ, so I don't need that either. So basically this raid is only useful in that I can use my AP faster.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

I did about 100 runs of the raid thanks to the robot, and ended up with way more store mats than I needed.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't understand how people are managing these single-turn nukes on the raid. I'm loading up my best damage dealers and supporting them with the best I can field, and I'm still taking 6-7 turns to kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I don't understand how people are managing these single-turn nukes on the raid. I'm loading up my best damage dealers and supporting them with the best I can field, and I'm still taking 6-7 turns to kill.
    It took me until I was at 380% damage from the event points until I could reliably OTK the third level boss (I was just grinding the middle tier to get to that point, it's not even that much worse in terms of rewards except the lack of eggs), so don't feel too bad on that front. And that's using Kaleido instead of one of the event CEs for an Osakabehime NP leading into the nuke, and borrowing an NP5 Caster Shuten for the bonus 50% charge. Doing it with 6 event CEs likely would require you to either double Skadi or go triple Support with the plugsuit. I expect triple support is exactly what most people are doing, considering that I've gotten a solid 2400 FP from people borrowing my Merlin since the raid started.

In other news, five tickets into the event gacha got me three event CEs and Sitonai. Wow. So I spent the other 5 tickets I had allocated on the round table gacha and pulled another Lancelot for NP2 and a Lion King. Where did all this luck come from? What am I even supposed to do with all these SSRs? I don't have the EXP cards for this...
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    It took me until I was at 380% damage from the event points until I could reliably OTK the third level boss (I was just grinding the middle tier to get to that point, it's not even that much worse in terms of rewards except the lack of eggs), so don't feel too bad on that front. And that's using Kaleido instead of one of the event CEs for an Osakabehime NP leading into the nuke, and borrowing an NP5 Caster Shuten for the bonus 50% charge. Doing it with 6 event CEs likely would require you to either double Skadi or go triple Support with the plugsuit. I expect triple support is exactly what most people are doing, considering that I've gotten a solid 2400 FP from people borrowing my Merlin since the raid started.

In other news, five tickets into the event gacha got me three event CEs and Sitonai. Wow. So I spent the other 5 tickets I had allocated on the round table gacha and pulled another Lancelot for NP2 and a Lion King. Where did all this luck come from? What am I even supposed to do with all these SSRs? I don't have the EXP cards for this...
    Congrats on the lucky pulls.

Double Skadi isn't an option for me unfortunately, since the game is bound and determined not to let me have my own Skadi. I have made do with Merlin and Reines for supports (though I really hate how much of a star hog Reines is).
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Double Skadi isn't an option for me unfortunately, since the game is bound and determined not to let me have my own Skadi. I have made do with Merlin and Reines for supports (though I really hate how much of a star hog Reines is).
    Me neither. Which is fine. For now Merlin, Holmes and Osakabehime cover my support needs (plus Ryoma, Chiron and Sheba as hybrid supports), and Skadi gets mostly obsoleted next June anyways when the broken Arts support shows up (I plan to save at least 250 rolls for her, just to make sure). Skadi's not even really that good for story content, and while she would have made farming this event easier she isn't necessary. If I had been rerunning this event I would have had my own NP5 Shuten instead of needing to borrow one and I could have gone Merlin/Merlin/Shuten/Osakabehime with plugsuit to one-shot the boss by around 220% attack. You probably could have done similar with Reines replacing Osakabe; she offers nearly identical total offensive potential and gauge, between her buffs and her NP.

Honestly, for those of us not blessed with complete rosters, I think the trick to this raid was in scaling up which boss to fight based on your position in the event point ladder. I started with the middle boss taking 2 turns to kill (I was doing Merlin double Shuten at that point, and it took one turn to get the NPs charged), then had it dying in one turn with Osakabehime around the point I was at 220% damage, then switched to the third boss at 380%. If I'd been doing the third boss from the get-go it would have been a hell of a slugfest. I know it feels like weakness to pick anything but the highest-level farming node, but the real benefit of raids is the ability to grind out battles incredibly quickly and if it's taking 5+ turns you're probably better off going to the lower-difficulty node until you grind enough points to change the math.

16. - Top - End - #436

In need of Dragons teeth and Lo the login resource is dragons teeth
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

17. - Top - End - #437

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    and Skadi gets mostly obsoleted next June anyways when the broken Arts support shows up
    This is absolute hyperbole. Even putting aside the fact that DW began making major changes to how they structure the game to hinder 3 turn comps, AoE arts servants capable of the damage necessary to clear a high level wave are rarer than AoE quick servants who can.

18. - Top - End - #438

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    This is absolute hyperbole. Even putting aside the fact that DW began making major changes to how they structure the game to hinder 3 turn comps, AoE arts servants capable of the damage necessary to clear a high level wave are rarer than AoE quick servants who can.
    Spoiler: 2 Years Spoiler
    Show
    Both Skadi and the broken arts support get obsoleted a year after the arts support comes out by an even more broken buster support. In that case they don't care how much refund they get, cause they are built on doubling up on 50% charge batteries. And there is a large number of buster characters with 50% batteries. And you don't often have to worry about a Buster character not doing enough damage, unless their name is Eresh or Lancer Altria or Abigail Summer.

19. - Top - End - #439

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Spoiler: 2 Years Spoiler
    Show
    Both Skadi and the broken arts support get obsoleted a year after the arts support comes out by an even more broken buster support. In that case they don't care how much refund they get, cause they are built on doubling up on 50% charge batteries. And there is a large number of buster characters with 50% batteries. And you don't often have to worry about a Buster character not doing enough damage, unless their name is Eresh or Lancer Altria or Abigail Summer.
    Again, hyperbole. No one is getting obsoleted, they still function perfectly fine. The servant you're talking about is easily the most consistent, yes, but that set up is also easily the most resource intensive.

They've simply made it so we can pick our poison now, if you want to farm with quick, you still can, if you want to farm with arts, you still can, if you want to farm with buster, congrats you can too now.

20. - Top - End - #440

NecromancerGirl

They've simply made it so we can pick our poison now, if you want to farm with quick, you still can, if you want to farm with arts, you still can, if you want to farm with buster, congrats you can too now.
    Speaking of Picking Your Poison, coming up soon is the one character who works with all 3(4) broken supports. I know I'm rolling at least a little for her as I have all available Avengers at this point, and I want to keep that bragging right. But no great loss if I dont get her, there's another Avenger in 2 years I have my heart set on.

Anyone else rolling for her? And just curious if anyone made any attempts at the MHX banner or the reruns of those limited CEs? I know I skipped them, but I wonder if anyone put a few tickets hoping for a CE or two.

Also, the "16 seconds after a Super/Great Success gets you a gold servant" rumour continues to vex me as I got like, 3 supers today, but it takes more then 16 seconds to load the summon menu, so I wasted 9 SQ for that Doctor Caster, Robin, and a silver CE. I mean, I didn't gave the Doctor yet, so that's fine, but its a shame the Super Summon Method is broken for me.

21. - Top - End - #441

Rolled a few times got one of what i wanted and a few others that were interesting and was spooked by Arjuna who i didn't know was in the general pool. Also got NP5 on my first Non welfare Gold
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm planning to roll for her, though with just over 200 quartz and only 10 or so tickets my chances aren't great. I'm skipping the banners in the meantime because the only CE on there I'm interested in is GUDAGUDA Poster girl, which isn't a must have. I like the idea of a banner to get limited CE's you missed, but I'd be much more interested if it had, say, Golden Sumo as an option.

And I really, really dislike Mysterious Heroine X, so I'm definitely not rolling for her.

23. - Top - End - #443

Devil

I won't be, I need to start saving up for next year. Caenis in april(who I will probably only give a single x11 roll to.) Then Voyager in may or june, then castoria in July, and Musashi zerker has her rerun in there somewhere and merlin's last rate up for the time being along with it.

24. - Top - End - #444

Caenis in april.
    Good to know, i find it crazy that she isn't even out in NA and has a Summer variant already. Which I need aswell. Not particuly for the class but I like the Character. Then again i would prob end up using her anyway as i seem to have a thing for white or light haired servants, i think about half of my most used servants fall into that shade.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

25. - Top - End - #445

NecromancerGirl

Then again i would prob end up using her anyway as i seem to have a thing for white or light haired servants, i think about half of my most used servants fall into that shade.
    I noticed something similar in my support list. Somehow I had made it oddly organized. The four slots on the left were all blondes, the four slots on the right all had silver hair, and poor Ramses stuck in the middle with brown hair.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I noticed something similar in my support list. Somehow I had made it oddly organized. The four slots on the left were all blondes, the four slots on the right all had silver hair, and poor Ramses stuck in the middle with brown hair.
    My left 4 are also blonde and right 3 white. I have drake and skadi in the middle. Drake would be maid alter but, drake seems more generally useful also she is still pretty likable. And without the DSS, skadi would probably be waver. I refuse to put Merlin in... Though I have now updated my zerker to be a blonde.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-10-17 at 03:30 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm. While I certainly do find the long white/platinum hair appealing, I feel like my Servants aren't that skewed towards it, especially in terms of effectiveness. Let's see...

My Supports, left to right, are:
    Blonde, white, white, green, green, white, brown, white, purple.

So pale hair is definitely in the majority, with five of nine Servants sporting either blonde or white hair. It's not even Merlin's fault, he replaced Sieg on my Support roster and that's not even different. Looking through my full list of frequently used Servants, I see a roughly even split between blonde/white hair and everything else, with black hair taking second place and purple third (surprisingly, it's only two Sakura-imposters; Mash and her dad and the Gorgon sisters make up the majority). I was shocked there was only a single redhead in my main group (plus Fran in pink) until I realized that there are only almost none in this entire game.

In other news, I finished Agartha just before the weekend. It was... Perhaps less bad than I was expecting going in. I'd rate it above Septem for sure, and maybe above Okeanos and Fuyuki as well in terms of overall experience. Gameplay-wise, it suffers from a lot of repetition that can definitely get boring. Fight Amazons three times. Now Riders seven times. Now Assassins seven times. Then Berzerkers ten times.
    Spoiler: Agartha Spoilers.
    Show

Once you get past Penthesilea and into the meat of the singularity it gets better in terms of gameplay, with the Colombus/Megalos fights being quite exciting and reasonably tough and the Phenix battles being pretty nice as well, plus a really nifty round 1 against Scheherazade. Overall I didn't mind it, but would have preferred more diversity pre-Colombus.

Plot-wise... I saw Colombus' betrayal coming from the moment we met him, but did have Fergus pegged as the host for the Pillar rather than Schera. That said, the weakest part of this Singularity is the characters. Fergus is either a naive fool or an unlikeable womanizer with no middle ground, and the entire thing ends on a kind of sleazy note. Astolfo is great when he's being a Paladin, but spends most of the story as a Silly Trap instead, which is always where he's at his worst, and while I kind of like d'Eon the story really didn't do anything interesting with them (note: putting them in fetish-wear and then speculating about their gender is... Not exactly the most wholesome way to use the character). Schera was okay but very one-note and Dahut and Penny were barely characters at all, really leaving only Wu to pull the weight. I actually don't mind her at all, she was probably the overall high point of the entire story. Phenix was maybe the most fun Pillar so far, just alien enough to work without being generically evil. I feel like the whole thing broke the established rules for Singularities, and overall it just felt kind of off. Not great, overall, but not offensively bad either. At least it was short and didn't badly outstay its welcome.

I'm a bit into Shimousa right now. Looks interesting. Clearly Musashi's going to be the protagonist of this one, and we're mostly along for the ride. Hopefully Kojiro gets some time to shine here. He's one of the more interesting ones to see interact with other Servants, and he very rarely gets to do so in both FGO and FSN. Either way, there's not much chance I finish it before SW2 starts, so it'll be a bit before I get there.

I also did the intro to Salem by accident. It was... Interminably boring, to the point that I gave up about 20 minutes into the endless info-dump that added nothing at all to the story. Ugh. Hopefully I didn't miss anything important, but I have a limit to my patience.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

I continue to have EX Luck.

6 tickets got me SPace Ishtar.

After my ten ticket pulls, I got a second copy of her and another Nezha.

My third pull got me Calamity Jane.

10 tickets, 120 SQ, much less that I thought I'd spend.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

29. - Top - End - #449

NecromancerGirl

I got crazy lucky, but spent more then I really needed to.

Started with a 11 roll. First card was Demonic Bodhisattva, second card was the Event 4 Star CE, and third card was Space Ishtar. Amazing start, but I got greedy. I wanted a few more CEs, and maybe a chance at Jane. So a few more 11 rolls later, I had several of the 4 Star Event CE, a copy of the 5 Star Event CE, a few of the 3 Star Event CE, but no Jane. But man, getting Space Ishtar on the very first roll, in the first 3 cards, that was something. She's already level 90, 8/10/10, and I'm all ready to roll onto the event.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

I got crazy lucky today as well. 2 tickets for my first Spishtar pull. 15 more tickets got me Calamity Jane. Then one 11-pull got me NP2 Spishtar and Bradamante. It was REALLY hard to make myself stop summoning, but I figure luck like that can't possibly continue.