New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order V - Salty Theoretical Phenomenon

The first set of raids died absurdly fast it seems, I actually set a timer for the next round.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    The first set of raids died absurdly fast it seems, I actually set a timer for the next round.
    I believe they died a little after two hours past server up. Jack went down in less than 2 hoursThis second wave is lasting longer
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2022-03-10 at 05:31 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #573
    Firbolg in the Playground

Avicebron was alive when i got to him and then realized that i should get my CEs out from the vault and was dead in that time.
    Last edited by Leon; 2022-03-10 at 10:05 PM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #574
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Used a pile of apples and already maxed the coins, and got the vital things from the shop for me. Just waiting for the story to wrap so I can get the Seig copies I mean rare prisms, as well as Mordred's outfit.

Using my first run's MLB Damage CE along with whatever ST Quick NP nuke character I like the look of with 2 Skadi makes a lot of the raids a easy win. Been running Saber Astolfo for all the Berserker raids, while bringing Kintoki Rider for that first wave of casters, and bringing Scathach for Atalante's raid. Overall, having Skadi with a couple of good Single Target Quick characters and the MLB Damage CE makes hitting 700K trivial. The odd one for me is fighting the Assassins, as then I usually swap to Sangzang and bring double Merlin. Though maybe next time I might try Atalante Alter for a joke. That or bust out my little Sith Lord.

The shop reminded me I really need to spend time leveling some Rider skills, I have over 200 Gold Rider gems. Also, friendly reminder to put the QP CE on your support casters. The raids drop really good QP, comparable to a Door Run for the same AP, so a lot of people will be thankful for Belle/ Mona Lisa being on your Skadi/Waver/Merlin/Tamamo.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Troll in the Playground

I have been doing the same with the exact same quick servants... The only difference is I use skadi waver so I can have my Frontline be my own servants and just go to the any category and grab a mlb ce servant from there.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

6. - Top - End - #576

NecromancerGirl

Anyone having connection issues? I was playing the game just fine until the raids updated, but now the game has lost all ability to connect to the server. I had first thought it was due to people flooding in for the raids, but its long past the peak time for that. I asked a few friends how their game is, and they say they can connect fine. I tried off data in case it was a wifi issue, but it still won't connect. The one thing I fear is its a problem caused by my phone. I have been having repeated connection issues since I got this new phone, with all my games having hiccups connecting, which has been an issue in several that kick me back to the title screen on a connection loss. This is the first time though that a game just full on loses the ability to connect to its server. But my dad has the same model of phone, and plays very different games, and has no issues, so when I try to blame the phone he just tries to say its my game's issues.

So I'm partly hoping others have no problems so I can say its my phone, but I kind of hope others have the same issue just so I don't feel like I have to get a whole new phone just 3 months after getting this one.

EDIT: Update, 2 hours later the game fixed itself. No idea what even happened, or what changed. But at least I can play again.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2022-03-15 at 04:13 PM.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Troll in the Playground

1 AP Bar into Olympus and I've already used my seals because I am not dealing with some of the bullcrap. Musashi is nice and all, but sometimes she's just going to be a liability.

Factotum Variants!

8. - Top - End - #578

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    1 AP Bar into Olympus and I've already used my seals because I am not dealing with some of the bullcrap. Musashi is nice and all, but sometimes she's just going to be a liability.
    Just wait until you have to bring a Lancer with no advantage to one of the hardest fights in the Lostbelt.

I did a few rolls, got myself the two new characters, and waiting for the second banner with my real target.

Also, there's been a few bugs in this new update, the worst of them is if you bring a certain Archer to a certain bossfight involving a certain Saber, the boss only has 1 health bar instead of 2. Bit of an oops.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Just wait until you have to bring a Lancer with no advantage to one of the hardest fights in the Lostbelt.

I did a few rolls, got myself the two new characters, and waiting for the second banner with my real target.

Also, there's been a few bugs in this new update, the worst of them is if you bring a certain Archer to a certain bossfight involving a certain Saber, the boss only has 1 health bar instead of 2. Bit of an oops.
    Yep,this is 'wait three days to have half a chance of winning'.

Such thrilling gameplay.

Factotum Variants!

10. - Top - End - #580

NecromancerGirl

Got to the Demeter fight, the one people hyped up as one of the hardest ones.

Spoiler: Look Upon My Works
    Show

I might have gotten lucky, or it had some severe over hype, or having an Ozy on the power scale of mine is cheating. 5 Turns, Kintoki taking out the first 2 health bars in the first 3 turns before dying, and Ozy doing over 500k in one NP to wipe the third before a brave chain took out the guts. Its more of a case of even with a single Skadi, and only with one turn of her buffs working, Kintoki is still one of the most broken Riders in the game. But yeah, I'm taking it a lot slower then my friend group is, work and such holding me back, but I think I'm doing ok. So far no seals, but I feel I'm still in the early game of this Lostbelt.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Troll in the Playground

Olympus has actually gotten me reinvested in the story. And there is stuff upcoming that I am looking forward to.

Got to the Demeter fight, the one people hyped up as one of the hardest ones.

Spoiler: Look Upon My Works
    Show

I might have gotten lucky, or it had some severe over hype, or having an Ozy on the power scale of mine is cheating. 5 Turns, Kintoki taking out the first 2 health bars in the first 3 turns before dying, and Ozy doing over 500k in one NP to wipe the third before a brave chain took out the guts. Its more of a case of even with a single Skadi, and only with one turn of her buffs working, Kintoki is still one of the most broken Riders in the game. But yeah, I'm taking it a lot slower then my friend group is, work and such holding me back, but I think I'm doing ok. So far no seals, but I feel I'm still in the early game of this Lostbelt.
    You just had the right team. Properly supported ST rider with a good backup ST Rider is about what you need to out them. Which really does make me question how difficult the fight is. Personally I think the next multi break fight is harder.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2022-03-26 at 08:56 PM.

Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #582

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Personally I think the next multi break fight is harder.
    Spoiler: Mikon!
    Show

Support Tamamo that was level 100 and NP5 really saved me. And it was my second try, I was not ready for the amount of curse that boss stacked. But once again, the best healer in the game saved my bacon. Debuff Removal combined with a big heal was super clutch several times. And once again, Arts Stall is one of the most powerful, yet boring play styles. You WILL win, but it will take a long time.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Mikon!
    Show

Support Tamamo that was level 100 and NP5 really saved me. And it was my second try, I was not ready for the amount of curse that boss stacked. But once again, the best healer in the game saved my bacon. Debuff Removal combined with a big heal was super clutch several times. And once again, Arts Stall is one of the most powerful, yet boring play styles. You WILL win, but it will take a long time.
    I basically soloed that fight with my own Tamamo. The right CCs and she just can't die.

Spoiler: Unlimited Mikon Works
    Show

And someone else was not prepared my own personal Super Robot.
    Spoiler: Super Fighting Robot, Eli-Chan!
    Show

Overall, I only needed to use seals on two fights (Robot/Twins fight, Crypter fight), and ate one rainbow apple when a certain boss (Big Z) got lucky with a skill seal at 60k HP left.
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2022-03-27 at 09:49 AM.

Factotum Variants!

14. - Top - End - #584

Had stopped playing for a while and deiced to go back and see what was new and Oh its the Lancer i really want but 4 rolls and 20tickst later no Lancer but got two useless other 4 stars who got cubed. And then the game was reluctant to even let me try her out, noone on my contacts list had her up and took about 10 refreshes before a lvl 20 one showed up to try from randoms.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

15. - Top - End - #585
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Had stopped playing for a while and deiced to go back and see what was new and Oh its the Lancer i really want but 4 rolls and 20tickst later no Lancer but got two useless other 4 stars who got cubed. And then the game was reluctant to even let me try her out, noone on my contacts list had her up and took about 10 refreshes before a lvl 20 one showed up to try from randoms.
    to be fair, they requires materials available from the new chapter. i did the new 4 star lancer but wasn't able to even finish ascending em for a decent chunk of time.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2022-03-28 at 03:32 PM.

Current avatar by me

16. - Top - End - #586
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: My boss struggles so far
    Show
    Twins weren't too hard for me, but I think I was just lucky. Demeter took me a ridiculous number of attempts until somehow Da Vinci [Rider] just refused to die and solo-ed that last healthbar.

I feel my biggest liability during the Demeter fight was only having AOE riders leveled, have to fix that eventually.

Where I am 100% stuck is the Beast of Taming. Despite deploying both my caster and lancer Tamamos.

Might have to wait for the two seals I spent to regenerate. In the meantime, I burned seven summon tickets and got the new five-star Romulus. Not sure how good he is, but I do like his looks.
    Last edited by TherianTheorist; 2022-04-01 at 10:08 PM.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Boss Battles!
    Show
    Twins were annoying, but I powered through them.

Demeter I got really close to beating, but I just couldn't do it as my Riders have basically no defensive skills. On my best run I got her to use up her Guts, but couldn't break past it. So ended up needing to use 3 Command Seals to beat her.

The Beast I got super close to beating. Down to 1 Bar, less than 100K HP left close. But I was going to die the next turn, and didn't really want to go through it again, so she took another Command Seal so I could use Muashi's NP to finish her off.

Aphrodite was easy. I almost beat her on my first try, and smashed her on my second try.

Because that's two bosses where the answer to them have been Casters. And I have so many Casters. My favorite part has to be the Beast getting 3 attack ups, a Guts, A HP Regen, and a Crit up and Medea just shows up, pops a skill, and Rule Breaker all the buffs away.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

18. - Top - End - #588

NecromancerGirl

Alright, finished the Lostbelt.

Spoiler: Last few Boss Battles
    Show
    Zeus was hard, until I realized I had to stop quitting 3 turns into a 4 turn battle when my plans didn't work. Did that about 3 times before a friend told me it was a timed no win story fight. Second proper fight around was nice and simple, with JAlter and Space Ishtar doing the mean task of winning. Though their health did get real low by the end of it.

The Wodime fight though was the real rough one, as he has no class weaknesses, though you can still resist him, and he basically auto wipes your front line instantly on the first turn, a la Goatia. he also has massive crit resist and NP "negate" by healing Before the hit, thus if you aren't NPing hard enough, he comes out of it with more health. Ended up finally using my Seals to finish that one, and as it turns out, my front line could have handled it fine if it didn't get removed from play after a single turn.

Plot wise:
    Spoiler: Plot Spoilers
    Show
    Oh man, the shadiest of the bunch of Crypters back stabbed their buddy, who could have ever seen that coming. Not like he was constantly giving evil smiles and had the shiny opaque glasses thing going on. Only two Lostbelts remain, and they seem to be Britain, with the old Rhongomynaid spear showing up, and South America, with some kind of alien monster under it?

There also seems to have been a huge pile of hints that maybe even if we shut down the Lostbelts, there is actually no way to fix the world? Like, they said the world was scrubbed, THEN the Lostbelts formed. Which suggests that shutting down the Lostbelts wont actually fix the problem, as its not actually the cause. Maybe killing Beast 7 might work, but no real way to know for sure. And I have a guess on them, they seem to be built out of a ton of things cast out of real space/time. Which is how they had access to the lostbelts, and how they were able to simulate the entire histories of them, as well as why the look like Olga Marie. Basically, its reality's Recycle Bin coming back to kill us.

And now its just clearing the free quests, picking what things I need to farm, and getting on with the usual levelling and collecting materials. Taking a tiny peak at the release schedule in JP, this seems to be when stuff ground to a halt back then, as its when the whole global health issue showed up, so its going to be a slow month. By the end we might see some activity with a rerun, but this is the best time to take it easy, maybe take some time off for other games. Oh, there is the SSR Ticket sometime in a bit, so keep an eye for that. But I'm sure someone will post about it here, so don't worry too much. But if you want to cut the game down to just logging in to get the log in rewards and that's it, this is a VERY good time for that.

So yeah, once you finish Olympus, its going to be a nice slow month, so take some time to enjoy other stuff. You won't miss much.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TherianTheorist View Post
    Spoiler: My boss struggles so far
    Show
    Twins weren't too hard for me, but I think I was just lucky. Demeter took me a ridiculous number of attempts until somehow Da Vinci [Rider] just refused to die and solo-ed that last healthbar.

I feel my biggest liability during the Demeter fight was only having AOE riders leveled, have to fix that eventually.

Where I am 100% stuck is the Beast of Taming. Despite deploying both my caster and lancer Tamamos.

Might have to wait for the two seals I spent to regenerate. In the meantime, I burned seven summon tickets and got the new five-star Romulus. Not sure how good he is, but I do like his looks.
    Spoiler: Boss Help
    Show
    Caster Tamamo with a Def Up CE and the right command codes can solo the Beast of Taming. Specifically, the Mirror of Eight Leaves and a Code:Cure on her arts cards. The former gives her stun immunity while the latter clears the curse the Beast hits you with. You need to have a way to clear out the two other slots fast. But anyone who can do a party np charge, like waver, and a chen gong with a kscope can do that part.

Factotum Variants!

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

So I finished up Olympus

Spoiler: Boss Fights
    Show
    Zeus, I did have to use 3 Command Seals on. Maybe there was a theoretical build that would let me take him down without that, as I could get pretty close. But I couldn't be bothered to find it. Like most challenge quests, I got close enough that the full respawn would guarantee the win and went for that.

First form of Canis was easy, beat her on my first try.

Kirishima was also easy, but a crazy slog. First try I almost beat him, and if his second bar break didn't have an NP charge I didn't know about, I think I would've won. So slightly adjusted my team by adding Merlin and just curb stomped him. Took me like an hour to do, sure, but I still smashed him.

Second form of Canis was annoyingly difficult. Not because she was hard, but because she was absurdly lucky the first 4 or so times I tried to beat her. Half of her attacks would crit, she would completely ignore Holmes for some reason, and would trigger her remove defenses ability on her first attack consistently. While I would consistently miss 60% crits. Then the luck finally turned, and I didn't even lose Holmes.

Spoiler: Story
    Show
    First off, no, they didn't sell me on the whole 'Olympus gods were actually machine gods in the past.' They were pretty clever about it, with the whole Atlantis was real and actually an alien ship thing, but it still doesn't fit all that well IMO.

The robot gods made for some pretty good antagonists though, and I liked Zeus. The Crypter side plot was pretty cool too, and it was nice to see Limbo put in his place, and really all the other Alter Egos. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them. The Black Barrel was really cool, and I kinda like the idea that the Protagonist is becoming this weird Anti-God weapon. Aphrodite was proboaly the best fight though with that trippy dream sequence stuff, and the call back to past Lost Belts. Oh, and the twins were amazing.

Story wise though, the Diocursi pretty much suck, and Canis is just...forgettable I guess? I kept thinking I've already seen her shtick with Mordred. Oh and Romulus was just kinda there? Like they hype up getting this Grand Servant for basically the entire Lost Belt, and then Romulus shows up for one fight, sprouts some Rome stuff, and then immediately disappears. He wasn't a character at all.

Musashi dying was unfortunately stupid. Chaos shows up, and she 'dies' closing the portal it is coming through. And for good you guys! *eyeroll*. I'm sorry, this felt like drama for the sake of drama. Or more realistically, the need to remove Musashi from the story. Chaos wasn't built up at all, showed up, did literally nothing, and was removed from existence by Musashi. And it felt like such a waste, since her flirty behavior with Canis was the most interesting thing about Canis. And now they've written Musashi out of the story and it's just...for what, exactly? Like what was gained by writing her out of the story? Some drama and angst for the protags, I suppose. But that really needs to be placed early on in a Lost Belt, or it gets forgotten in the gap between Lost Belts.

All in all pretty good though. It was a fun Lost Belt, and it was cool to see Kirishima actually have a plan to betray the Foreign God.

Sadly the Foreign God's identity was spoiled for me, so That might've been an amazing twist otherwise.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2022-04-11 at 03:49 PM.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Finished Olympus too.

Spoiler: My own bosses
    Show
    The only boss I had trouble with and had to use command seals revive on was actually Demeter. Her regen and constant def buffs were too much for what I had. Kirsch, I somehow managed to beat first try, mostly because I already knew that on his first turn he'd wipe my team with his instant NP charge + NP damage and pierce invuln buff, so I had a sacrificial team in the first three spots and a real team in the back. The real team managed to beat him with some difficulty, Kintoki Rider managing to survive surprisingly long as the last man standing, surviving a NP hit in the face.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Is it just me, or are people a lot less... Enthusiastic about this game than they were in the past? I can't say I've been into FGO as much as before, I don't really get excited about new things in the game anymore. Anyone else feeling the same?
    I'm still deeply excited for the story and world. I'm also reaching a point where I just wish I could buy it as a visual novel, skip the game part, and get on with my life. . Certain spoilers about how wildly over tuned future releases will be were the nail in the coffin for me.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Troll in the Playground

On my own side of things, I finished Salem a bit over a week ago, and I've been doing Interludes and Rank-ups in my spare time to square those all away before tackling LB4 and 5. Some thoughts.

Spoiler: Salem
    Show

So, story-wise I feel like Salem was... Not great. Not Septem or <insert your least favorite event here> levels of bad, but just generally not very good. The plot is quite contrived (to the point that the protagonist is explicitly forced into certain actions for ill-defined reasons), the characters are mostly pretty meh (Do I care about Mata Hari or Abby after it? Not really. Sanson and Sheba were better, but still pretty much B-listers, and Robin I think only gets a pass because of all the events in the last year that made me care about him before I even got into this story) and... Actually, the gameplay was pretty good. Maybe the most fun of any of the Pseudo-Singularities. More on that later.

The biggest problem with it is that it tries to be Lovecraft-style cosmic horror. Which just doesn't fit FGO's style at all. This game is already cosmic horror. Arc 1 was about stopping a primordial demon-god from erasing reality, going through multiple flavours of cosmic horror along the way (most notably in London and Babylon). Arc 2 is full-blown 'Incomprehensible alien entity from another dimension coming to fundamentally rewrite reality, travel through seven brands of nightmare realms to stop it'. It's just weird going from that to 'cultists in small town summon Elder God to make portals to hell or something' and having the story treat it as an escalation. It's not, and the only thing I really appreciated about that side of things was Raum going down like the chump he is when we finally unmask him. On the other side, the plays were badly out of place, too long and too frequent for my tastes, and I quickly wrote off the villagers as 'painful stereotypes who will all be dead by the end'.

The gameplay, on the other hand, does something unusual in fundamentally changing the mechanics of the game in very interesting ways. In Salem, thanks to a huge deflation of the health and damage numbers of everything, a lot of things that are normally worthless suddenly start to be kind of an option. Poison-like effects, for example, are a lot better against enemies with 15k HP than 60k HP, and healing, Max HP Up and Damage Plus/Damage Cut all become much more valuable. All of a sudden I cared about Garden of Avalon's healing effect, not just its NP charge and crit stars. Medea's Golden Fleece was actually a relevant button to push. Robin's poison... Was still trash other than as an enabler for his NP, but at least it felt slightly less irrelevant. Frankly, it's a clear indication that they really should think about fiddling with these numbers more in the core game to help this stuff feel a bit more useful.

Spoiler: The Pseudo-Singularities
    Show

I remember somebody was interested in my opinion on the story of these as a whole, and in particular about Salem and Agartha, so...

Honestly, the only Pseudo-Singularity that I think is really excellent is Shinjuku, which is just a good mystery story with great characters. It's among FGO's best arcs, and I highly enjoyed it. Shimousa isn't bad at all, with some good moments and one real breakout character in Musashi, but I don't feel like it's quite up to the same standard. I blew through Shinjuku fast because I wanted to see what happened next, even prioritizing it over my usual free-time activities. I played Shimousa in usual FGO timeslots; breaks at work and right before bed.

Between Agartha and Salem, I really do think Salem comes out weaker in terms of story. While I prefer its gameplay (Agartha really had nothing interesting going on that front), there's just nothing to recommend the plot. It's not offensively bad, it's just... Boring and weird. Agartha has seeds of a good idea marred by poor writing and borderline (for me at least, I expect they crossed that line for some people) offensive characters, Salem just isn't a good idea for this game at all and wound up full of pointless filler as a result. Neither was 'just totally skip the plot to save your sanity' bad, like the Valentines events tend to be, but I'd honestly consider both very skippable. At the end of the day I almost regret actually playing these two; if it wasn't for the ready supply of SQ and materials for doing it I'd really feel like I wasted my time. Both of them are very much among the worst FGO has to offer, barely edging out Septem and roughly tied with the prologue and Okeanos in my opinion. Which is sad, considering how much more budget they had to make these and how many lessons they seemed to have learned with the other late-arc-1 Singularities.

If we consider SE.RA.PH part of this arc, as we really should, I did quite enjoy that one. To the point that it almost overcame my general disgust for BB and Passionlip, and made me really like Melt. It's much more in line with Shinjuku, and one of FGO's best events (out of the ones I've been playing for).

Spoiler: Interludes
    Show

I've done about 12 of these in the last couple of weeks. It's almost shocking how heavily they vary in terms of quality and content. Gil's were clearly from very early in the game's development cycle, and really remind me of Singularity 1-3's 'Okay, I guess we need to have the player fight wolves in a forest for five arrows to meet our fight quota' style. Lion King's was... Weird. Just weird. Nitocris had a really fun one, great for several characters. And Passionlip... Ugh. If SERAPH almost overcame my innate disgust for her, this undid all of that. Who wrote this? Who thought this was okay? It's wave after wave of character assassination on all sorts of Servants, combined with... Ugh. I hated it. Horrible. I regret going through it. Passionlip is a horrible character, and I really don't like it. The only good thing about the entire Interlude was Melt showing up to be best girl for a bit, then leaving again. Jack's were... Well, surprisingly un-bad, really. Almost shockingly so. Appropriate for Jack, I suppose, being one of the most surprisingly un-terrible characters in all of Fate considering her origin and character design.

And that's about where I'm at. Doing some last-minute prep for LB4 and considering who to pick up with my SSR ticket in a couple of days, currently. That one's between Ozymandias and Jeanne, I think. On the one hand, Ozy is probably the best compliment to my roster, which is otherwise reliant on Ryouma and Ushiwakamaru for ST Riders, and while those two are both pretty good neither can carry the whole thing. Though I have been getting along just fine with those two and Achilles backed by supports from other classes, so it's not like I need him.

Jeanne is a terrible pick. I already have no less than three SSR Rulers, plus three more good SR Rulers to back them up. I do not need her, and it could be a while before I even scrape together the resources to level her up past the minimum to keep her for the ticket's conditions. But... She's one of my favorite characters. I really like her, and she would get me really, really close to one of my collection goals (Assemble the entire Apocrypha roster, which I'm currently only missing her, Semiramis and Mordred (ish, I have Rider Mo) for).

The generic 'best pick' would be Waver, who I don't have, but meh. I've got Merlin and Skadi, and plan to go in for the broken Arts caster in a couple of months. Don't need him, even if having him is never bad.
    Choices...
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm lagging behind many of you all in doing Olympus. I ran into a complete wall in the form of Demeter, and for the first time ever in this game failed to win the fight even with a command seal revive. I came really close on the second attempt but ended up having to wait for my command seals to refill so I could beat it with a revive on the third attempt. I'm really not a fan of the power creep in these chapters, and it's seriously cutting into my enjoyment of the game. I'm not really enjoying LB 5.2 at all because of this.

Anyway, when it comes to the upcoming free SSR ticket, I'm not sure what I am going to do. I had been planning to get Waver, but the more I think about it I'm questioning whether that's a good choice for me. I already have Merlin, Skadi, Tamamo, and Reines (who is due to get her buff soon and join the 50% NP battery crowd). On top of that, I'm already seriously short on Void Dust (I haven't even been able to finish getting Skadi to 10/10/10), so I can't max Waver's skills.

But on the other hand, none of the other available options seem like a must-have for me either. I have most of my bases covered pretty well. I suppose I could get Ozymandias so that I have a single-target SSR Rider, but Kintoki is doing just fine for me even though I only have him at NP3. I could get someone like Artoria or Anastasia that I think is cool but have absolutely no need for (though again, I don't have the materials to skill them up all the way). Or I could just take the un-exciting but probably logical option and take an NP upgrade for someone I use a lot like Karna or Achilles.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I'm lagging behind many of you all in doing Olympus. I ran into a complete wall in the form of Demeter, and for the first time ever in this game failed to win the fight even with a command seal revive. I came really close on the second attempt but ended up having to wait for my command seals to refill so I could beat it with a revive on the third attempt. I'm really not a fan of the power creep in these chapters, and it's seriously cutting into my enjoyment of the game. I'm not really enjoying LB 5.2 at all because of this.

Anyway, when it comes to the upcoming free SSR ticket, I'm not sure what I am going to do. I had been planning to get Waver, but the more I think about it I'm questioning whether that's a good choice for me. I already have Merlin, Skadi, Tamamo, and Reines (who is due to get her buff soon and join the 50% NP battery crowd). On top of that, I'm already seriously short on Void Dust (I haven't even been able to finish getting Skadi to 10/10/10), so I can't max Waver's skills.

But on the other hand, none of the other available options seem like a must-have for me either. I have most of my bases covered pretty well. I suppose I could get Ozymandias so that I have a single-target SSR Rider, but Kintoki is doing just fine for me even though I only have him at NP3. I could get someone like Artoria or Anastasia that I think is cool but have absolutely no need for (though again, I don't have the materials to skill them up all the way). Or I could just take the un-exciting but probably logical option and take an NP upgrade for someone I use a lot like Karna or Achilles.
    Waver is solid, but he does need to have his skills maxed out for full effect. He's a great NP boost without that though, since the levels only affect the other part of the skills.

Get someone you like. I'm getting Europa because she has a giant robot, how can I say no to that? (I also don't have a 5* AoE Rider)

Factotum Variants!

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

I'm debating between Jeanne and Jinako. Jeanne in general is a delight, and I really like Apocrphya. But Jinako really impressed me in LB4. The bigger problem is that Jinako is a Moon Cancer which means she basically never has a good match up. Her abilities are pretty good though, and might make up for it. But Jeanne's abilities are also amazing because her NP is likely one of the best in the game. Plus as a Ruler she is pretty much always a decent pick.

So yeah, I like them both, both are good, and both have a lot of utility. So I really don't know which is the better choice.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

I decided to go with Ozymandias. I don't have enough Void Dust to fully ascend Waver, much less max his skills. Also since I have Merlin, Skadi, and Reines my need for Waver just isn't as strong as it once was. And I didn't have an SSR single-target Rider, plus it looks like Ozy has some solid buffs coming down the pipeline as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I went for Waver. Even though I already have Merlin and Skadi, Waver remains too high quality a support to pass up.

29. - Top - End - #599

Picked Jeanne, if she wasn't on the list i'd have picked up NP2 Mordred
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

I picked up Europa, cause I didn't have her. Second choice was np2 bradamante

Current avatar by me