New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order V - Salty Theoretical Phenomenon

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Hmm, considering I don't have a Merlin of my own, but I do have a Nightingale and Shakespeare, and through using a maxed out berserker Jalter, the calculator tells me I'll do about 300K damage in a single NP. It's a hefty chunk of the raid boss' health, so hopefully it'll be enough to make the rest of the battle easy.
    Yeah I'm a crazy person who max grailed and fou'd Mecha Elly-chan, which helps. But yeah I need Waver Buffs, Merlin Buffs, the right CEs, and even buffs from Lancer Raikou to pull it off.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I'm looking at Shuten Caster, but I'm having trouble breaking past 400,000. Merlin, Waver, and Osakabehime are my top picks so far, but if I can find someone who does buffs/debuffs and maybe has a NP Battery better then Waver, or does a bigger combo of buffs/debuffs then Osakabehime, I might have to start relying on what cards I pull turns 2 and onward.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I'm looking at Shuten Caster, but I'm having trouble breaking past 400,000. Merlin, Waver, and Osakabehime are my top picks so far, but if I can find someone who does buffs/debuffs and maybe has a NP Battery better then Waver, or does a bigger combo of buffs/debuffs then Osakabehime, I might have to start relying on what cards I pull turns 2 and onward.
    You might not be doing as good as you think, Shuten Caster's skill gives a bonus versus demonic enemies, but the Barbatos in the raid is Undead.

I went all in on buffs myself, if you happen to have Summer Raikou, her buffs are good and she can remove the buster down debuff you might get. Between Merlin, Waver, Raikou and the plugsuit you can get a lot of buffs on to the Buster servant of your choice. I went with Mecha Elly because I grailed her to 100, but her personal NP Buff is very strong if leveled.The only flaw is the need for a CE with starting NP as Merlin + Waver + Mecha Elly can't quite fully charge her NP.

Factotum Variants!

4. - Top - End - #124

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    You might not be doing as good as you think, Shuten Caster's skill gives a bonus versus demonic enemies, but the Barbatos in the raid is Undead.

I went all in on buffs myself, if you happen to have Summer Raikou, her buffs are good and she can remove the buster down debuff you might get. Between Merlin, Waver, Raikou and the plugsuit you can get a lot of buffs on to the Buster servant of your choice. I went with Mecha Elly because I grailed her to 100, but her personal NP Buff is very strong if leveled.The only flaw is the need for a CE with starting NP as Merlin + Waver + Mecha Elly can't quite fully charge her NP.
    The OG Barbatos, according to the wiki, doesn't even have the demonic trait at all, and thus I have not been adding it to the list of buffs. But yeah, I'm feeling the pinch of not having a good targeted NP Damage Up buff. And it was 410k on the high end, while the average is more like 370k. I'm also lucky in having The Three Great Heroes CE which has a 40% starting gauge as well as a 20% boost to NP Damage.

Also, Swapping Osakabehime for Raikou on my end, while making sure I don't have that Buster Effectiveness Down, lacks the debuffs that Osakabehime brings, and I don't have mine full leveled in the skills area, so I basically lose a 35% Buster Up and a 30% Defense Down, for a 15% Attack Up and a 30% Buster Up. Which clearly does not work out. Which clearly doesn't work and my resulting NP drops by 30k damage. If I spend some resources to max Raikou's skills, instead of dropping by 30k, it only drops by 10k. While if I spend resources to max Osakabehime's skill, it only gains by 10k. Im stumped on what to do, as I can only use 3 supports, if I use the plugsuit, and I really can't think of one that boosts as much as I need it to.

I also tried plugging in Nero or Sanzang, but only Nero could beat Shuten's Numbers, hitting an Average that matches Shuten's Highs. Which is really scary for a AoE Servant to do compared to a Single Target. And I mean, I'm hitting a High of 480k levels of overshooting. And that's with Osakabehime's Skills Not Maxed. One little bit of leveling pushes Nero to 490k. The power of Gold Fous and Grails.

Edit; I forgot to account for the plan being Waver NP, Osakabe NP, Nero NP. And thus Nero has 10% extra NP Up overcharge, bringing the High to 510k, with the average being 470k. That's a lot more like it. And also very scary levels for an AoE servant. But all this is assuming I don't get that horrible Buster Down. Which as it stands, this team has no way to remove. Oh well, I guess I will have to make do.

Edit 2.0: Have since realised that Black Grail boosts more then a MLB Heavens Feel, so while I reworked my Nero solo, I have since given Nero, Osakabehime, and Sanzang boosted by Merlin a run through that calculator, and as long as I don't get hit by the Buster Down, Nero is putting out more then 100k every time, and Sanzang is putting out 454k at the low end. So I think that's my game plan. Nero(Halloween Princess), Sanzang(Black Grail), Merlin(Support, CE doesn't matter), and Osakabehime(Kaleidoscope). Plan is Merlin Buffs, then swap him for Osakabehime, drop rest of buffs and debuffs with Nero's Guts going on Sanzang, then Osakabehime leads the NPs with Nero's either going second or last. Hopefully those two NPs combined will overcome whatever that Buster Down does.

Edit The Third: Another crazy option I found is Sanzang, Waver, Osakabehime, and Merlin. Sanzang would do 510k on the very lowest, and potentially getting as high as 620k. But again, no debuff removal, and it also relies on Waver getting his Defence Down on his NP. Which, the first one with Nero also did, so that might be out. So I might really be going with the Nero, Osakabehime, Sanzang, Merlin team. But that Sanzang One Shot team sounds very tempting.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2021-05-05 at 12:27 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

I havent done the calculations but my plan is to run waver with bond CE, caster Ilya, borrowed Merlin, plug suit in caster shuten with that ce boosts allies buster cards by 15% when they enter the field.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

My plan is Waver, Sanzang, Support Merlins | Shakespeare, Medea, and probably Mash.

Give Shakespeare the Ox King CE to give 15% buster up for the team, Waver his bond CE, and Sanzang Heaven's Feel since I don't have Black Grail. Swapping Merlin for Shakespeare with the plug suit.

It'd do about 450-500K of damage, apparently.

My idea for buster debuff clearing is to swap into Medea instead of Shakespeare - with another Heaven's Feel - and... muddle through, I guess.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    My plan is Waver, Sanzang, Support Merlins | Shakespeare, Medea, and probably Mash.

Give Shakespeare the Ox King CE to give 15% buster up for the team, Waver his bond CE, and Sanzang Heaven's Feel since I don't have Black Grail. Swapping Merlin for Shakespeare with the plug suit.

It'd do about 450-500K of damage, apparently.

My idea for buster debuff clearing is to swap into Medea instead of Shakespeare - with another Heaven's Feel - and... muddle through, I guess.
    Hell I totally forgot I had Waver's bond CE, now i have to test something regarding that.

Factotum Variants!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Hell I totally forgot I had Waver's bond CE, now i have to test something regarding that.
    I'm thinking of leaving it on my Support Waver when the raids begin. Assuming people would prefer that over the Meeting of the Heirs CE I've currently got equipped. I can't think of many CE-Servant combinations that would be hugely beneficial to others on my Support roster, other than putting Sanzang on there as well.

The only Support I'll probably be using is Merlin, which could be quite annoying given how hard he can be to find these days.

9. - Top - End - #129

NecromancerGirl

I personally feel Waver would be better service if you equipped him with a NP starting gauge CE, as him using his NP before your damage dealer has a good chance of getting a very nice Defense drop. A 30% defense drop would probably be more damage then an extra 15% Buster boost. It is however a little unreliable, so maybe that's not the greatest plan.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I personally feel Waver would be better service if you equipped him with a NP starting gauge CE, as him using his NP before your damage dealer has a good chance of getting a very nice Defense drop. A 30% defense drop would probably be more damage then an extra 15% Buster boost. It is however a little unreliable, so maybe that's not the greatest plan.
    Oh, you're right. With the 30% defense down Sanzang would be averaging [526857] damage rather than 450K. When I did the calculations the first time I was looking at the wiki and overlooked Waver's NP strengthening, which is pretty important here.

I can give him Imaginary Element. I guess I'll put my K-Scope on my Support Waver.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

I've been so busy recently with work, a new game release and some other games getting updated that I barely had time for this event. Thankfully with just a silver apple or two I am reasonably close to being able to raid. Gonna be cutting it close though, I only see two of the missions I need for the four quest unlocks though they are really close to finished. Might need to look up how to unlock the others and hope I haven't neglected anyission requirements too badly.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Ugh, stupid raid starting at midnight, who knows how much it'll be gone by when i get up in the morning.

Factotum Variants!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Looks like I can reliably 1-turn kill Barbatos with Berserker Jeanne, Nightingale, Merlin and Shakespeare, two of them equipped with CEs that give crit stars on summon. I deal over or slightly under 400K with Jeanne's NP, then the crits afterwards are usually enough to finish him off.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

as it turns out after doing one more free quest, i finished the mission that unlocked some missions that were already finished which unlocked the last two quest missions which were already complete and after a short chain of reminiscence quests i got to the raid... this mission event is much more enjoyable than the last one.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-05-06 at 12:27 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    as it turns out after doing one more free quest, i finished the mission that unlocked some missions that were already finished which unlocked the last two quest missions which were already complete and after a short chain of reminiscence quests i got to the raid... this mission event is much more enjoyable than the last one.
    That's a fun part, but there are some quests that need repeated grinding, namely killing bugs, books and bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Looks like I can reliably 1-turn kill Barbatos with Berserker Jeanne, Nightingale, Merlin and Shakespeare, two of them equipped with CEs that give crit stars on summon. I deal over or slightly under 400K with Jeanne's NP, then the crits afterwards are usually enough to finish him off.
    I can 2-turn him with Illya Sitonai Waver and Waver again. Or 3-turn if I get unlucky with my card draw the next turn.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

i'm doing 2 turn kills with double skadii melt, i use the plug suit to stun the boss to stop the skill delay and to swap in sitonai if melt gets quick down, though thinking about it, couldn't i just swap in melt for consistancy?

Current avatar by me

17. - Top - End - #137

NecromancerGirl

I'm 4/5 times one shotting it with Sanzang, Waver, Merlin, and Osakabehime. That one time I'm not is when I get the buster down. But otherwise its been very quick and easy. Merlin drops his buffs on Sanzang, then swaps for Osakabehime who defense downs. Waver drops his AoE buffs, Sanzang NP Charges, and all three use their NPs in their order of Waver, Osakabehime, and finally Sanzang. It is SO much fun punching a demon pillar into a mountain. Its also super nice, as the first time this battle happened, I missed out as I had a total of 2 ok casters of Medea and Medea. No Waver, no Heracles, no Sanzang, nothing useful for one turning this. Now I return, as a being of death to this thing. Its a good feeling.

Edit: As a heads up, this raid gives pretty good QP most times, so try to fit your Mona Lisa in the back line if you can fit it.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2021-05-06 at 02:20 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Both mecha eli-chans with aerial drive plus support merlin and plug suit waver means I'm doing around 859k damage between them on turn 1, pretty sure I could drop the plug suit and waver and still kill it in 1 turn.

But honestly, the drops from the raid aren't very exciting and I honestly dont think it's worth the ap.
    Last edited by chainer1216; 2021-05-06 at 04:37 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

My maxed out Mecha Elly-chan plus Lancer Raikou Plus Merlin plus Waver equals a very very dead Barbatos in a single turn, around 660k damage on average.

Factotum Variants!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    Both mecha eli-chans with aerial drive plus support merlin and plug suit waver means I'm doing around 859k damage between them on turn 1, pretty sure I could drop the plug suit and waver and still kill it in 1 turn.

But honestly, the drops from the raid aren't very exciting and I honestly dont think it's worth the ap.
    My maxed out Mecha Elly-chan plus Lancer Raikou Plus Merlin plus Waver equals a very very dead Barbatos in a single turn, around 660k damage on average.
    I don't worry too much about one-turn kills. For one thing, my Melt/Waver/Waver combo works pretty well, so I don't need a lot of optimizing to score a win every time. For another, yeah, while the QP is decent, the drops themselves aren't the most reliable, so I don't feel a lot of pressure to blow tons of AP on this raid. I just play it casually, burn off the AP I have, and relax. And for that, I don't need a high-op one-turn setup, I just need a consistent win.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it just me or has the game suddenly become a lot more prone to hanging/freezing all of the sudden in this event? I keep getting freezes for several seconds at random and it's kind of annoying.
    It's definitely not just you. This is happening to me every few minutes, and usually for at least 5-10 seconds at a time.

Also, last time I tried to use a summon ticket, the game crashed. I had to play the "log back in and then try to figure out what I didn't have before" game. It turns out, the answer was Reines!

As for the event itself, I'm apparently lagging a bit behind everyone else because I haven't gotten to the raid yet despite having completed 76 missions so far. That said, I'm not really eager for it anyway because I'm not a fan of how the raids are implemented in this game anyway, for reasons I've gone into before.

Instead, I'd like to complain a bit about how the mission events are implemented. Specifically, how it pulls you out of the mission menu to the map screen whenever a new node unlocks. I wish it would either not do that at all or put me back in the mission list afterward since usually when it happens I have more missions to turn in (especially this time when half the missions I unlock are already completed by the time I get them).
    Last edited by Velaryon; 2021-05-06 at 02:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I don't worry too much about one-turn kills. For one thing, my Melt/Waver/Waver combo works pretty well, so I don't need a lot of optimizing to score a win every time. For another, yeah, while the QP is decent, the drops themselves aren't the most reliable, so I don't feel a lot of pressure to blow tons of AP on this raid. I just play it casually, burn off the AP I have, and relax. And for that, I don't need a high-op one-turn setup, I just need a consistent win.
    Shame too, would have been a nice way to farm bones. I have way too many servants who want about 100 bones for skills.

Current avatar by me

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Am now at 101 Barbatos bullied. Time for a break.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what even is the point of this raid? Unless you need Evil Bones (which I don't, I seem to only pull servants who don't rely on them and I have about 200 saved up), the rewards seem like less than what you get just sticking to the free quests. Am I missing something, or is this raid just not worth it for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what even is the point of this raid? Unless you need Evil Bones (which I don't, I seem to only pull servants who don't rely on them and I have about 200 saved up), the rewards seem like less than what you get just sticking to the free quests. Am I missing something, or is this raid just not worth it for me?
    The raid also drops lanterns, dragon wings, demon hearts, homonculi, forbidden pages, gears, void dust and major QP.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    It's a lot more reliable and gives a better AP to reward ratio than the free quests, by a lot. In addition to the QP. I'm usually getting 1 Million QP, some Materials, and Assassin Skill Gems per run. That would take something like 100 AP almost in free quests to generate
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Unfortunately I really don't need more Gears or Homunculi and I have nearly a thousand blue Assassin gems at this point, but everything else I want. Especially Hearts, always Hearts.

So, yeah, it's like grinding four free nodes while also getting around the QP I'd be getting the Chaldea Vaults. Plus the XP and Bond rewards are pretty good relative to a lot of free node, I have Gray and Babbage in the back line for bonus event XP.

Also, it's one turn. A lengthy turn sure, but not three waves where nothing at all may drop. You always get something.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

So they’ve got a summoning campaign coming up for each class. Is there any reason to not spend my SQ on the Extra classes? I’m aiming for Gorgon or a second Sitonai, but Jeanne would be very good too. And Lobo is a giant wolf, so I’m not going to be sad if I roll him.

Still is there a different Servant I should be saving for instead?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    So they’ve got a summoning campaign coming up for each class. Is there any reason to not spend my SQ on the Extra classes? I’m aiming for Gorgon or a second Sitonai, but Jeanne would be very good too. And Lobo is a giant wolf, so I’m not going to be sad if I roll him.

Still is there a different Servant I should be saving for instead?
    If you're fine with any of them then I say go for it.

If nothing else you'll easily get Salieri, as he's the only 3* Extra-class Servant available.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Alrighty, having finished the event apart from some mopping-up - some of which I automatically finished due to my pre-raid farming - I have some thoughts.

Spoiler
    Show
    It was an interesting mystery, very much in the vein of the El-Melloi Files. I... did not like Reines as much as I wanted to. And I wanted to. But I just did not like her character much.

Grey is adorable and deserves all the headpats. Also some magic plastic surgery. That's rough, buddy.

Astraea was... almost not a character. I suppose she was rather Luvia-like, in that she came in as an impressive and dangerous rival/antagonist, then did a sudden face-turn and was just kinda on our side after that. There didn't seem like a lot of depth to her. Again, a shame, since she'll now be sitting in my Chaldea, keeping away future Rinfaces.

And then there's Mnemosyne... Okay, I get it. Abandoned Chaldea AI system that only wants to protect us, and is acting in the manner that makes sense to her - let us forget so she can remember for us and protect us. Been there, done that, fought Goetia. It's kind of a running line for FGO villains - complex characters that do horrible, horrible things, but have almost sympathetic and understandable reasons for doing so. My problem with her is this:

She used Da Vinci's face. For that, I will end her. I wanted a raid of Mnemosyne so I could make her regret her decision and bully the crap out of her.

I did not get that. And I did not feel much sympathy for her. Keep Da Vinci's name out of your mouth, you overblown Matrix ripoff.

Overall, it was a pretty tame event. Some mildly annoying farming, a raid, some story beats and a boss, a bit of mop-up farming. All quite manageable.

And what did I get from the event? Well, I got my welfare Grey, who will receive headpats and therapy. I got Astraea, which is... definitely something. And I did one final pull last night and got... Wu, amusingly enough. I did not want loli empress, I had no need for a disappointing failure of the Assassin class, but here we are.

Not a terrible way to spend some time this week.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!