New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order V - Salty Theoretical Phenomenon

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    So I rolled on the Extra banner three times and spent 10 cards. And I got Gorgon . Four times.

A little disappointed that I didn't managed to draw a second Sitonai or a Jeanne, but Gorgon with a level 4 NP is a pretty nice consolation prize.

I do buy the Embers from the shop every month because I'm always leveling someone, you know? I'm no where close to getting all the Servants I care about to max level. Admittedly that leaves me in a spot where I can't afford to get all of the Mini Lisa CEs before time runs out. But hey, hopefully they'll restock/return to the shop eventually.
    Rolled twice on that banner and Ended with 9 Salieri, 7 of them were from one roll! I know he's the only 3 star in that deck but seven in one roll is absurd. I have a Max Salieri already so it was a rather rude result.

First thing i do each month is buy the Embers, they go to the classes who don't have dedicated exp cards (so im siphoning less of those off to the Extra classes)
    Last edited by Leon; 2021-05-24 at 07:04 PM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

I've only grailed the one Servant, which was Kiyohime to 80 around when I was starting out to have something to do mid-tier event farming with and she's proven pretty useful for challenge quests where I can vastly increase her damage with CEs.

For the most part I've always had something to spend QP on that seemed more immediately beneficial, especially with the additional bonuses for strengthening & interlude quest milestones I've been gradually going through the 1-3* pool to get some low-cost and pretty low-effort Quartz while also deepening my potential strategies with the more useful among them. I'm probably going to do something with Palingenesis once Gilfes rolls around this time.

As to Mana Prisms, I've been working towards Bella Lisa since it appeared and - starting from 500 MPs about a month ago - I currently have around 4,300 now. I'm glad the Hunting Quests drop XP on top of the Prism rewards, it made hunting Bones also somewhat beneficial to my main goal.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

I have two servants at 100/10/10/10/2k/2k. Ereshkigal and Mecha Eli-chan. The former is awesome and a waifu, the second is awesome and a mecha-waifu. The latter was also key to my raid farming very recently.

I've also maxed out every servant's level, except the Salieri I just acquired who's not exactly a high priority.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

My own maxed out servants are Jeanne d'Arc and Jalter, with Jalter Lily on the path to 2k/2k. Jerker and Jarcher are of course lvl 100 10/10/10 too, though they obviously won't get Fou'd for a while.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

My maxed out servants are Jeanne, because she was my first 5* and Sigurd, because the game decided to give me 5 copies of him for less than 330sq.

My first 4*, Emiya (archer), is on his way, already lvl100 7/10/10 and over 1k fous.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I have level 100 Nero, Nero, Nero, Ramses II, Lion King, and am working my way up on Kama currently. I have the eventual goal of 1 Level 100 for each of the main classes, and maybe one or two of the extra classes if I somehow end up with a few extra grails. Trying to pick an archer right now, leaning between Gilgamesh and Archer Altria. Not sure who if any of my Berserkers I will pick, leaning either MHXA or Raikou, but if I manage to get Musashi this summer shes the top choice. And so far I have 3 choices for Extra: Moon Kiara, Summer BB, and Himiko. And two of those are a long way off, so plenty of time to gather the grails for them.

I also raised Bediviere's level to 80, which was very worth, and Jaguar Warrior's level to 80, which was a mistake. I also have plans to raise Kagetora's level to 90 when she comes along.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Oh, I also have grails saved up for when Lakshmi Bai is released soon. Since she's basically Indian Jeanne.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

The servants I have grailed to 100 are Merlin, Jeanne Alter, Heracles, Qin Shi Huang. Of that bunch, Jalter is at 2000/2000 Fou cards, Merlin is 2000/2000 for HP but not attack (because that would be a waste), and QSH is getting all my gold Fous right now.

I grailed Merlin for the HP, to help his survivability in challenge quests and Rider-heavy fights. Have never regretted it, but I agree that grailing Casters past 90 is otherwise not generally wise from a gameplay perspective. All the advice I've ever seen is that you should grail for love first, gameplay second anyway.

I've also got a handful of 4* servants grailed to 90, and a whole bunch of unspent grails that I will definitely get around to someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I do buy the Embers from the shop every month because I'm always leveling someone, you know? I'm no where close to getting all the Servants I care about to max level. Admittedly that leaves me in a spot where I can't afford to get all of the Mini Lisa CEs before time runs out. But hey, hopefully they'll restock/return to the shop eventually.
    Is Bella Lisa not going to appear in the rare prism shop once its time in the MP shop runs out? I've kinda been banking on that because I do not have enough prisms to buy all 5 copies.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

9. - Top - End - #189

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Is Bella Lisa not going to appear in the rare prism shop once its time in the MP shop runs out? I've kinda been banking on that because I do not have enough prisms to buy all 5 copies.
    It will, but it will take a few months to appear there if I recall correctly. There's always been a gap between it being removed from the MP shop before it appears in the RP shop. And of course, all the RP shop does it put it back in the MP shop for a while.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    It will, but it will take a few months to appear there if I recall correctly. There's always been a gap between it being removed from the MP shop before it appears in the RP shop. And of course, all the RP shop does it put it back in the MP shop for a while.
    Yeah, you'll still have to do the work and get the 5,000 MPs eventually if you want it. Sure, Gilfes and the Christmas event will rack up quite a few MPs, but they'll also be other CEs to buy by then, like Detective Fou-mes.

Spoiler: Seen Here
    Show

Anyways, I don't get or burn gold Servants enough for rare prisms to be tossed around willy-nilly and I want to use the 10 RP from the GUDAGUDA and ServFes reruns to buy the remaining Mystic Codes I don't possess.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

As long as it is show and tell I have lv 100 4* Nero, caster Nero soon to be 2000/2000, archer artoria is 2000/2000, ereshkigal also 2000/2000, Jeanne alter and Jeanne alter summer. All 10/10/10 as well.

And while I wouldn't say the investment is strictly worth it from a purely gameplay perspective they have definitely all payed back dividends, especially 4* Nero, even after she stopped carrying me through the game she still saves my butt in so many challenges.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-05-27 at 05:00 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Since we're sharing, then. All of my Servants are max-level. All my gold Servants are also at least 1000/1000. The only Servants I've grailed are Heracles, to 100, and Ruler Martha, to 90. Herc is also 2000/2000, as is Jalter; Raikou will be there soon. Almost all of my gold Servants, as well as a number of my silver Servants, are at least 6/6/6 on skills. Almost all of my SSR Servants have at least one 10-skill, and several - including Heracles (who is functionally an SSR), Mash (who isn't, but is still Best Eggplant), Iskandar, Waver, and Ereshkigal - are 10/10/10.

My investments have been primarily gameplay motivated. Herc is just the best, and is in my party composition whenever possible. Jalter remains one of the most high-damage Servants, class advantage notwithstanding. Mash is Mash. Waver is my best support Caster, Eresh is the support Lancer. Everyone else has gotten skillups as events demand. It's all basically ruthless upgrading.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, I'll jump in.

I have 3 level 100s, Ishtar, Rider Ishtar and Ereshkigal, all three of them are 10/10/10. On grails, I gave one to Hans (who is also 10/10/10), and two to Nero to raise her to 90, both of them are 10/10/10. I have every other grail stored in the closet. The servants I use the most are all three Rin-faces, Waver, Gilgamesh, MHXA, JAlter, DIO Martha, LAlter, Mash, MHXX, Cu Chulainn (FSN), Assassin Shiki and Heracles, all of them being max level and with all skills maxed out, though I'm still thinking on CCs.
    I tend to raise most servants to their last ascension, and some I like I raise to max level and and their skills as high as QP allows me, such as Maid Alter who is 10/6/10 at the moment, Illya who is 6/6/6, as is SAlter, Shakespeare who for some reason stays at 9/8/9, gotta fix that one.

Because I lowered my play rate due to college in general, I've missed a lot of golden fou, I've only raised Ishtar to 2000/2000, and Ereshkigal is 1960/1680, but for the most part, the moment I get 20 fous of each type, I use them on a new servant (which I've not been getting lately, it's been months since at least a SR.)
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to really go out on a limb here and predict that Yael grails Space Ishtar to 100.

Bold prediction, I know.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, this osakabehime interlude actually softened me up to the character a lot and makes me happy she spooked me. Before now I was kinda alarmed at how they seemed to portray parts of that kind of lifestyle.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to really go out on a limb here and predict that Yael grails Space Ishtar to 100.

Bold prediction, I know.
    Clairvoyance EX+++
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Ok, this osakabehime interlude actually softened me up to the character a lot and makes me happy she spooked me. Before now I was kinda alarmed at how they seemed to portray parts of that kind of lifestyle.
    Yeah, not gonna lie, these interludes have been effective. I am not a fan of Wu or Raikou in terms of their personalities, although Raikou is at least a solid farming Servant. But this batch of interludes managed to make them both sympathetic. Particularly it explained Raikou's... "Madness Enhancement" issue... in a way that almost makes you say, "You know what? Yeah. You go right ahead and be a mom."

I mean, you don't. She's insane. But you almost do.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

I really liked Arthur's interlude. Admittedly, a lot of that is just because he finally gets some kind of character development and story, but it was actually pretty good. For those who don't have him, it's all about how he isolates himself from other servants at Chaldea, so a group of Servants basically get together, drag their Master into it, and confront him about it. And then Ozymandias shows up with a massive army of sphinxes because that's just how extra he is. And moral of the story is that Arthur realizes that he just because he's worried about Beast VI doesn't mean he can't enjoy day-to-day life while he's part of Team Chaldea.

I also found Wu's interlude quite enjoyable and funny. I like using her but am not generally fond of her personality so it was nice to see her softened a bit there.

Osakabehime's was... a bit of roller coaster for me. It verges awfully close to portraying introversion as a personality flaw that must be overcome, but it ends up in I think the right place eventually. And it was pretty amusing when it wasn't being borderline problematic.

I had a bunch of other interludes I'd recently unlocked but not yet played when these dropped, so I've kinda forgotten which interludes are new and which ones I just hadn't gotten around to yet, beyond these three. I know Raikou got one as well, but she has thus far stubbornly refused my attempts to summon her. Not sure if there were any other new ones that I got.

19. - Top - End - #199

NecromancerGirl

Osakabehime's interlude spoke to me. I dont like crowds and im distant at gatherings, but i do really like being social to certain people. So that constant fight between wanting to lurk in my room but also talk to a bunch of people spoke to me. And i like how the solution wasnt "pick one" but "always keep trying to find a sane balance". Being alone is such a calming feeling, but after a while the itch for talking with others about topics you enjoy surfaces. My brother is far more an introvert then me, but even then he will seek out a 10 minute chat, but on his terms and has to have the ability to drop it and go back to his calming peace and quiet. So i liked how Osakabehime felt the same, despite her super need for peace and quiet. And the cute shipping of her giving Ritsuka permission to ignore the do not disturb sign, while Ritsuka being very able to accommodate Osakabehime's peace and quiet by calmly waiting for Osakabehime to be ready to talk. It was a very nice moment.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Osakabehime's was... a bit of roller coaster for me. It verges awfully close to portraying introversion as a personality flaw that must be overcome, but it ends up in I think the right place eventually. And it was pretty amusing when it wasn't being borderline problematic.
    Osakabehime is an introvert sure, but that isn't what the interlude is all about. She is a hikikomori. Which is depending on the experts you ask, generally considered be a mental illness or a symptom of mental illness. It's much more extreme than just being highly introverted. One of the things that bothered me about osakabehime in the past was how the hikikomori thing was treated as just a gag or something a lot of the time.

I don't have an issue with the occasional joke but it kinda seemed to be only used as a joke.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-05-30 at 07:41 PM.

Current avatar by me

21. - Top - End - #201

I like the interludes - I feel that having well-defined personalities and lots of speaking parts for every character is one of FGO's major selling points. Only real issue is that the difficulty varies pretty wildly - most of the time you're just beating up beastmen or whatever, and I bring whoever has class advantage and hasn't been used much recently (plus Waver, because he's welded into my third party slot) but every now and then you'll wander into a pretty challenging fight.

Let's see, as far as characters go, I'm pretty obsessive about getting everyone completed. I've got every gold servant at 80+. With the exceptions of Siefgfried, Irisivel, and Mecha Eli Mk2, they're all at 1000/1000 or better. I try to get all skills to at least 6/6/6, though there are a fair number of exceptions depending on what materials I had when I got the servant, and level 10 skills that seemed useful at the time.

Grail-wise, I've got Hijikata and Musashi at 100, as some of my major single-target damage dealers. Vlad EXTRA at 90. He was one of my first 4* servants, so he really carried me through some of the tough content early on. Except Camelot, where even the Archers have Saber class affinities, but that's another story (Euryale, incidentally, has 10/10/10 skills). Zerkerlot is at 85, very useful since I have Skadi. I feel like I should use more grails, but I have trouble picking favorites to that extent.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Any personality trait is a flaw when it is taken to an extreme.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Osakabehime is an introvert sure, but that isn't what the interlude is all about. She is a hikikomori. Which is depending on the experts you ask, generally considered be a mental illness or a symptom of mental illness. It's much more extreme than just being highly introverted. One of the things that bothered me about osakabehime in the past was how the hikikomori thing was treated as just a gag or something a lot of the time.

I don't have an issue with the occasional joke but it kinda seemed to be only used as a joke.
    I'm aware, but even by the time the interlude begins she has already overcome the "never ever leave my room" thing and is even allowing guests into her room. And then backslides a bit because the other servants are abusing her hospitality and not giving her the space she needs. Needing to get away was quite frankly a very reasonable reaction on her part.

I'm really happy with where that story ended up, but along the way it felt sometimes like she was being portrayed as in the wrong for wanting space to herself.

Part of the problem is probably that I'm not particularly accustomed to nuance or subtlety from this game (after all, this is still the game where the writers apparently think Edison and Tesla yelling about DC vs. AC in literally every scene one of them appears in is still funny). So honestly I did not expect it to resolve as well as it did.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

I don't have NEET-hime, so I haven't seen her interlude, but from what everyone's describing, it makes sense.

For a lot of these characters, being a Servant means having their strengths - and their weaknesses - amplified to extremes. It's part of the reason for the title - these characters' destinies, or "Fate," are engraved on their Spirit Origins. Artoria is destined to be betrayed, and Mordred will always be a traitor; Gilgamesh was punished for his hubris, and thus his Archer form is hubris writ large; Caligula was consumed by madness, and so we can barely pierce his Madness Enhancement; and so on.

In Osakabehime's case, her legends involve her being some kind of regional spirit, either a minor deity or monster, who at some point was - to oversimplify - uprooted and transplanted into Himeji Castle. According to some accounts, she met with the lord of the castle only once a year to tell him his fate and otherwise kept to himself; in other accounts, she was merely a ghoulish spirit who secluded herself in the attics and killed anyone who saw her. The point is, by all accounts, she was a recluse. It makes sense that the writers would depict this as (1) her need to be in her own space, (2) her need to be left alone, and (3) a difficulty or inability in overcoming that.

Do the writers play this stuff for laughs? Absolutely. Look at Lancelot. He pursues one married woman, and now that's an integral part of his character, and it is a bad joke every single time. Look at Tristan. He is involved in one Shakespearean tragedy, and now he is constantly flexing his emo muscles. Look at Nobunaga. In his teenage years, he disregarded his station as a noble, and as a result was called the "Great Fool of Owari," and now she is basically insane. They play these things for laughs.

So if they handled NEET-hime with even a bit more delicacy this time - and given how they handled Raikou and Wu, that's a possibility - I'm reasonably satisfied with said outcome.

I'd be more satisfied with some more SQs, though. Just saying.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I'd be more satisfied with some more SQs, though. Just saying.
    That's what the interludes are for :p
    Though this supply did leave me 1 short of an extra mission and seemed to be all enhancement and no SQ only interludes, at least for my roster. And the one short includes angry man which I only recently got and am no where near bond 10 yet....
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-06-01 at 12:19 PM.

Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #206
    Firbolg in the Playground

My Login streak comes to a end this weekend, hoping to at least get it rounded off to 550
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

27. - Top - End - #207

Whatever else could be said about this Lostbelt, I am loving the guest servants coming with starting NP CEs.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    Whatever else could be said about this Lostbelt, I am loving the guest servants coming with starting NP CEs.
    That is really nice.

Spoiler: Review of the Third Lostbelt
    Show
    This was alright. I gotta say that this Crypter and her whole tragic romance story didn't resonate with me at all. She's definitely the least interesting of the Crypters so far, despite being a True Ancestor. Though I have very little patience for that kind of immortal angst. Not even; 'everyone I love ends up dying,' but just 'people reject me because I'm immortal.' Seriously? There's a million different ways to find acceptance among people. I don't buy it.

I was really glad to see Jing stand up for Proper Human History's achievements though. And have that as part of an assassination attempt to boot. That was easily the best part of the Lostbelt. Mordred gets the most useless award, as she only fought Spartacus and really did nothing else.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    The difficulty curve feels a lot smoother too, though I know the final boss is something of a difficulty space elevator.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone know when the first event that requires Lostbelt 4 completion is? I can do the story right now, but I have a few other tasks I'd like to focus on first if it's not going to bite me in the butt.