Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 91 to 108 of 108
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    So, do folks here think that Marx is the same species as Kirby?
    I always lump them in together (plus Meta Knight), but there are some key differences - Marx has no arms, and also has whites around his eyes. (And round eyes.) So, perhaps a subspecies? Or maybe number of limbs is just like hair colour for humans. Who knows! Two data points does not a conclusion make.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

    01001110011001010111001001100100

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    Marx is definitely a Clown type, while Kirby and Meta Knight are poyos. They may look similarly, but they are not the same species.


    Back to normal Zodi avatars for awhile.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Marx is definitely a Clown type, while Kirby and Meta Knight are poyos. They may look similarly, but they are not the same species.
    Waddle dees are the humans, Kirby/Meta Knight are the saiyans and Marx is the frieza equivalent. Deedeedee is Krillin and/or Yamcha.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".



  4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    I always lump them in together (plus Meta Knight), but there are some key differences - Marx has no arms, and also has whites around his eyes. (And round eyes.) So, perhaps a subspecies? Or maybe number of limbs is just like hair colour for humans. Who knows! Two data points does not a conclusion make.
    Marx is a round thing ball, probably some weird species indigenous to Pop Star.
    However, some people have argued that, given the animation of Marx Soul, Marx's wish isn't actually granted until after his death, so the winged helldemon is his "true" form while the cute ball guy is an alternate one.

    Kirby and Meta Knight seem to be the same "species", insofar as that applies to Void things.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    I always got the impression Kirby and King Dedede were the same speices or at least reasonably close relatives, due to Dedede floating and inhaling in a similar manner as Kirby. Meta-knight is harder to say simply because we never really see what he looks like with his armor off, but he could be the same species.

    Marx also looks like a small pink ball, hence I also thought he was the same species. Also, Kirby later gets the ability to grow freaky-looking arms, albeit they look quite different than the ones Marx gets from Nova.

    Speaking of which, LaZodiac, are you planning on streaming Kirby 64 in the future?

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    actually we do get to see Meta Knight without his mask, multiple times:
    Spoiler: Behold
    Show
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".



  7. - Top - End - #97
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where I am

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    Dedede can float and inhale because he underwent rigorous training to imitate Kirby's abilities.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    I always got the impression Kirby and King Dedede were the same speices or at least reasonably close relatives, due to Dedede floating and inhaling in a similar manner as Kirby. Meta-knight is harder to say simply because we never really see what he looks like with his armor off, but he could be the same species.

    Marx also looks like a small pink ball, hence I also thought he was the same species. Also, Kirby later gets the ability to grow freaky-looking arms, albeit they look quite different than the ones Marx gets from Nova.

    Speaking of which, LaZodiac, are you planning on streaming Kirby 64 in the future?
    Dedede's a penguin this is just normal for them.

    Marx is more boxy, to me, than orb shaped.

    We will get to Crystal Shards eventually, though like with these other games it'll be a proper LP, not stream.

    ------

    Speaking of streaming! Here is some news! In case it wasn't known; I just spent a week in the hospital due to diabetic ketoacitosis. I'm alive and good now, so things are okay. That's why there has been a delay. There may be a Kirby tomorrow, for sure Friiday. As well...

    Saturday, June 12, I will be doing my first bit of actual streaming! We're going to be doing Super Mario Sunshine, with the idea of doing voiced playthroughs of (most) ever game I LPed that does not have a proper voiced LP. Should be fun, and as well I'll be using thte streams as a way to fund raise top surgery! You can follow me in advance here.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2021-06-06 at 07:38 PM.


    Back to normal Zodi avatars for awhile.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    I'm back from the hospital and ready for Kirby!

    Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star [13] Cave of Robots

    Video Length: 20:48

    In this episode we take down Cavios and Mecheye, two of the trickier planets to deal with. It takes a bit to shake off the rust after my month long death spiral and week in the hospital, but we've got this!

    EDIT: FORGOT TO HIT POST OOPS!


    Back to normal Zodi avatars for awhile.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where I am

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    I have completly forgotten what's going on.

    Cavios is a weird name for a planet.

    So Cavios is a boos rush?

    And you didn't call it a mushroom.

    Gonna be honest, I think I like this set up better than the traditional power copying. Just find a power and it's yours permanently. Maybe a bit Metroidvaniay but it feels different when it's powers.

    It's always satisfying when games let you destroy something like say a knight in metal armor with something that shouldn't like say a wooden mallet.

    I'm realizing that all water in this reality is full of stars.

    I still think it rather odd that Kirby is not only encountering species from Popstar but even other individuals he has met on other planets.

    Oh, water with no stars on the machine planet.

    So I laughed until I started coughing and almost blacked out at the accidental suicide, so... Yeah.

    And another boss rush!

    ...It's always concerning when you get multiple extra lives in one go. It's the platformer equivalent of playing a resident evil game and then you just start finding shorgun shells and flamethrower fuel everywhere you look
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    Ah, Infinite Hammer. Breaks the game wide open with allowing infinite use of Hammer Toss.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ...It's always concerning when you get multiple extra lives in one go. It's the platformer equivalent of playing a resident evil game and then you just start finding shorgun shells and flamethrower fuel everywhere you look
    In this case, it's a reward for going out of your way and not stopping at the bonkers room with the door to go on.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

    01001110011001010111001001100100

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    Koirby!

    Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star [14] Oh Hi Marx

    Video Length: 23:28

    In this episode, we clear the final planet, get the last remaining power, and head off to Galactic Nova to save the day... except, le giga gasp! Marx was evil the whole time and this was just a trick. How rude! This leads to the shmup section all Kirby's have, and then the rather brutal Marx boss fight, which is SUPER cool.


    Back to normal Zodi avatars for awhile.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where I am

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    ...one of the planets is just called half-moon?

    And I am just now noticing that one of the enemies is a fat cat with wheels instead of legs. Best enemy, all games should have one.

    ...Mine carts driving on... constellations?

    "I got blown up by a pineapple" is another one of those lines that sounds like Gir should be saying it.

    Yeah, being in the hospital for a week always sucks. What's almost as bad, when you are still in agonizing pain, which is what you went to the hospital for in the first place, when you're discharged from the hospital, and then it just all goes way in an instant a day later. One second, agonizing pain, the next second it's just gone.

    On the status of the tomato: A tomato is botanically a fruit, but culinarily a vegetable. It is also legally a vegetable for th purposes of taxation and tariffs in some parts of the united states as there was a fruit tariff in California that was being applied to tomatoes, with fruit being seen as a luxury that was mostly being made into deserts for the wealthy with tomatoes being an exception. People complained, and it was ruled that since you couldn't make a traditional desert out of a tomato then they must not be a fruit.

    On them being part of the deadly nightshade family: Tomatoes are actually poisonous. Most animals that eat them will get sick... As will humans, if they eat any part of it but the fruit.

    Potatoes, part of the same family, are likewise a source of neurotoxin. Eat any part but the root and you will get sick or maybe die... But unlike the tomato, where the fruit is naturally safe for humans to eat, the potato in the wild is super deadly to humans. The Incans found this deadly root vegetable and decided "I really want to eat that" and selectively the potatoes until they had a version where the roots lacked Toxin enough that humans could safely eat them.

    Between that, the thing with capsaicin(will kill most animals that eat it but we think the pain makes it taste better and actively breed chilis to be spicier) and the thing with alcohol(for long stretches of time, drinking literal poison was safer than drinking the water in many parts of the world) and you bgin to realize that humans are ****ing insane.'
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    Whoof, yeah, one of the improvements Ultra did was letting you hold down the button to fire. Also, IIRC, telling you how many powers you got/were missing per planet.

    Pretty sure if P2 is connected (which, doesn't seem to be in this case), you can re-summon the ship. It just has limited HP, less and less each time. I know my brother and I found that useful in the Arena, though it does summon with a random power.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

    01001110011001010111001001100100

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    Koirby!

    Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star [15] [FINALE] Arena Disrespector

    Video Length: 24:37


    In this exciting episode, we finish off the final challenge, Arena! We also um... went into the Arena way more confident in our abilities than our performance shows. Oops!

    With that done, Super Star comes to a close... is what I would say, if I wasn't going to go beyond! Join us next time for... Kirby Super Star Ultra! We've gotta show off the new stuff there, obviously!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2021-06-21 at 11:20 AM.


    Back to normal Zodi avatars for awhile.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    Oh boy. Suplex. I always found that the worst for bosses.

    Superstar Ultra gives a tomato whenever any Maxim is eaten. That's a pretty big change.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

    01001110011001010111001001100100

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    Kirby Watch Days 13-15: Final Expedition
    It seems all the species on Popstar are also found upon other planets. Did they migrate to these planets, or did they all migrate to Popstar? Popstar: origin or destination?

    This environment seems entirely made of solid stars...........this......shouldn't be physically possible.....but this reality doesn't seem to agree with that assertion. who made these mine carts to travel upon these....star-rock things? why would they do that? are the last remans of some star-dwelling civilization?

    and it invented this stupid computer virus being as well!? does this long gone civilizations defiance of logic and reason know no bounds!?

    as for why this rpg message boss never came back....well honestly? ever since Super Paper Mario, Nintendo has been increasingly focused on not being rpg-like or having external reward systems at all, as this seemingly reactionary backlash against a lot of the videogame industries focus on leveling systems, loot systems and so on. Instead they've been focusing on this almost minimalist approach to their games where anything thats not pokemon focuses on the core gameplay loops as possible, from Zelda to Mario and it shows how much they're bending over backwards to focus entirely on the core gameplay loop over any external rewards in things like the later paper marios (where they refuse to bring back the old system that worked in favor of weird byzantine ones no one likes) or Bowser's Fury (which has discarded any attempt at environmental worldbuilding for just providing an endless stream of challenges without any painting of the environments to make them feel different or meaningful). when previous Mario games were very good at painting the environment to make it feel your exploring a world and doing something different each time rather than just doing a series of jumps across a few platforms. I would not be surprised if the computer virus boss wouldn't be allowed to come back because it detracts from the core kirby loop of going through environments and fighting the usual bosses by their logic.

    What are you talking about Zodi? Marx is totally a trustworthy and nice person who is completely sane.. biologically he a god now, so I don't think there is anything to say about that, but he does have strange similarities to Kirby normally, and his outfit does imply he is a jester. perhaps his species evolved from clowns?

    and now we observe Kirby in the arena. for some reason Kirby is going into an arena to face a boss-rush. perhaps this more evidence that Kirby is sapient....maybe. I personally don't think we can ever be truly sure. the evidence of these expeditions as usual, are inconclusive.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".



  18. - Top - End - #108
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

    Raziere I'm gonna level with you; they released like four Mario and Luigi RPG games plus two remakes of games in that series after Super Paper Mario. There is no aversion to RPGs, people just didn't buy them so they stopped making them. Bowser's Fury is also a DLC that looks super wonderful. Odyssey, meanwhile, is exactly what you say they're not making Mario wise.

    And, finally, I will note that every single Kirby game post the N64 has had a weird gimmick that has never been done before, up to and including having a mech suit. Nintendo is not averse to risks and not averse to looking like an RPG, they just didn't bring back or reference the Computer Virus fight and that feels weird. And if we're talking "minimize to iconic stuff to keep the core gameplay loop consistent", well... Super Star is the most iconic Kirby that all Kirby post Return to Dreamland emulate in gameplay style, and Computer Virus is one of the most iconic bosses from Super Star. By your logic it should have shown up by now.

    In summary; I think you're being a little harsh, grab a snickers bar.

    Also, I'm super interested in what you're going to talk about for the first Super Star Ultra mode. There's a lot of science to be done there RE penguin behavior.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; Today at 07:44 AM.


    Back to normal Zodi avatars for awhile.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •