New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'm surprised at how close we are, monetary wise.
    I know! Every session, you get something big, and I think "man, there's no way Blue could catch up to the 1 million+ gap there is today"... and then suddenly he manages to snag something worth a lot!

Like, there's a million difference between you, which is a lot... but you also got over twice that amount between the two of you yesterday. So it's still theoretically anyone's game. (But probably yours, partially because of first-player advantage with Screen Positioning. XP )
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

It is time... to finish the offensive!

Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star [9] Garden

Video Length: 35:33

And so we finish us off with the Garden Area, the final zone of the GCO. A little tricky, but nothing as rough as the Old Tower in my opinion. It finishes with Wham Bam Rock, a boss that... is kind of poorly designed ooops moving on.

I feel like Great Cave Offensive is honestly really fun. The treasure hunting, exploratory style is great since it really emphasizes the puzzle element that Kirby games tend to have. It's fairly linear, sadly, but the branches from each hub are fairly deep. It's a clear inspiration for future Kirby's, primarily Amazing Mirror.

With treasures collected, and cave escaped, it is time... for the hardest challenge in this game, in my opinion. But that'll be next time. Hope you all enjoyed, we'll see you all Monday with... Revenge of Metaknight.

3. - Top - End - #63

"Being on fire is fun" is something that I would expect coming from the mouth of Gir. Even the tone of voice is... Just speed it up a little bit and raise the pitch.

"By the spark no?"

...Zodi? Please don't go full Otaku. A properly forged katana might be the best sword you can get, but you have to keep in mind that they're not the perfection of swordsmithing, they're the perfection of a specific kind of swordsmithing and metallurgy meant to make the most out of some really, really ****ty iron.

Assuming that you get an actually forged katana and not a piece f low-quality sheet metal cut and pressed into shape. A super expensive replica katana might only be worth a fe dozen bucks American and is being sold at a massively inflated price... And you can never touch it with your bare hands becuase your skin's natural is will cause the low-quality metal it's pressed from t start noticeably corroding right then and there, this showroom only.

...How are those clouds supporting Kirby's weight?

If only time didn't exist anymore.

Blue: "Sell the moon-god-baby for money!"

The wheel segment could be another Three Stooges sketch.

Parasol seems like a very useful power to have in the spring room. Controlled fall.

Beans are pretty much just carbs and protein. If you don't have a reliable source of meat and grain then they're a staple but otherwise, you can take or leave them, which is great becuase most beans are nasty.

They also do not belong in chili. Ther earliest known recipes for chili used venison(or horse), chili peppers, and beer or else were dried beef, fat, and chillis pounded into bricks meant to be reconstituted by dropping them in a pot of water. Either way it originated as cheap grub in texas, though some records suggest the recipe is based on a pre-existing dish. Cowboys, settlers, and other frontier folk added wild beans they found to chili to stretch it out, but the kidney beans added to modern chili come from peru and have very little relation to north North American wild kidney bean that likely would have been used.

In any chili recipe that calls for beans, you can substitute pretty much any starch or carb that plays well with your meats, vegetables, and spices. I've heard that crushed tortilla chips work particularly well.

Some might argue that this tangent is off-topic, but come on, food is always on topic when talking about Kirby.

Oh... Shin Megami Tensei... honestly, Kirby fits in there more than you'd think.

Orichalcum and the various other ways of spelling and pronouncing it might be an obtuse reference to bronze or brass.

Incidentally, I prefer "Oar-ee-Chal-come" as the pronunciation.

Another side note, since you and Blue made a couple of Yugioh references, a bit of Trivia: The Seal of Orichalcos from the "Atlantis" arc of the Yugioh anime is an obvious reference to Orichalchum and the turquoise crystals that the Atlantis faction had were implied to be Orichalcum and it was implied that it was associated with the Leviathan and the source of t's dark magic.

Then in Yugioh GX, we get the Australian kid with an "Eye of Orhcalcum" which is indicated to be a good thing with completly different powers and seemingly no association with that dark magic. It's not a big plothole, but GX is supposed t be inc continuity with the original show.

...I'm just going to assume that that's meant to be a penguin face. Modeled on a member of Dedede's species. For the sake of my sanity and enjoyment of Kirby games I assume this.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #64

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    "Being on fire is fun" is something that I would expect coming from the mouth of Gir. Even the tone of voice is... Just speed it up a little bit and raise the pitch.

...Zodi? Please don't go full Otaku. A properly forged katana might be the best sword you can get, but you have to keep in mind that they're not the perfection of swordsmithing, they're the perfection of a specific kind of swordsmithing and metallurgy meant to make the most out of some really, really ****ty iron.

Blue: "Sell the moon-god-baby for money!"

The wheel segment could be another Three Stooges sketch.

Parasol seems like a very useful power to have in the spring room. Controlled fall.

Beans are pretty much just carbs and protein. If you don't have a reliable source of meat and grain then they're a staple but otherwise, you can take or leave them, which is great becuase most beans are nasty.

They also do not belong in chili. Ther earliest known recipes for chili used venison(or horse), chili peppers, and beer or else were dried beef, fat, and chillis pounded into bricks meant to be reconstituted by dropping them in a pot of water. Either way it originated as cheap grub in texas, though some records suggest the recipe is based on a pre-existing dish. Cowboys, settlers, and other frontier folk added wild beans they found to chili to stretch it out, but the kidney beans added to modern chili come from peru and have very little relation to north North American wild kidney bean that likely would have been used.

In any chili recipe that calls for beans, you can substitute pretty much any starch or carb that plays well with your meats, vegetables, and spices. I've heard that crushed tortilla chips work particularly well.

Some might argue that this tangent is off-topic, but come on, food is always on topic when talking about Kirby.

Oh... Shin Megami Tensei... honestly, Kirby fits in there more than you'd think.

Orichalcum and the various other ways of spelling and pronouncing it might be an obtuse reference to bronze or brass.

Incidentally, I prefer "Oar-ee-Chal-come" as the pronunciation.

Another side note, since you and Blue made a couple of Yugioh references, a bit of Trivia: The Seal of Orichalcos from the "Atlantis" arc of the Yugioh anime is an obvious reference to Orichalchum and the turquoise crystals that the Atlantis faction had were implied to be Orichalcum and it was implied that it was associated with the Leviathan and the source of t's dark magic.

Then in Yugioh GX, we get the Australian kid with an "Eye of Orhcalcum" which is indicated to be a good thing with completly different powers and seemingly no association with that dark magic. It's not a big plothole, but GX is supposed t be inc continuity with the original show.
    Blue is definitely like a chaotic good Gir, honestly. Adorable and precious and easily thrown through walls.

I would hope my "If you wanna be a weirdo nerd about it" comment would have made it clear I was joking with the "glorious nihon steel" line

If this is three stooges wait until we get to some of the four player Kirbs...

Given Umbrella's swoopy movements AS you fall, it is the exact opposite, actually.

Thank you for that good good bean and chili facts. Never been a fan of chili, and I hate beans, so... maybe I should try it without beans?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Kirby Watch Day Eight:
    Does this Queens Crown refer to Peach, Daisy, or Zelda? No wait, none of them are queens, because there is a cultural aversion in Nintendo-cosmos to referring to any female ruler as "queen" believing it curses them to be evil. This is nothing but superstition of course.

Next observation of course is that Kirby seems to think he can see things better by putting out the lights. Whether this is some leftover mindset from some nocturnal ancestor or a fluke of illogic is unknown, but if Kirby could see in the dark it would not be the weirdest property of his biology or the most surprising.

Kirby Watch Day Nine:
    ....theories about Kirby's intelligence and sapience may be exaggerated or false, given Kirby's decision to attack a switch to unleash its natural predator, the Gordo upon itself. my theory that Kirby is simply an animal that can be trained very well to do sports and other activities may have merit.

Kirby's puppet partner seems to be disobedient, has more free will than I thought. perhaps its their innate free will resisting Kirby's control?

That does not look like frog. that is indeed, a tanuki. My expert analysis and Ph.D in Popstarology agree on this.

How in the world did the Triforce end up on Popstar!?.....Is Popstar.....the future of Hyrule!? Did someone wish upon the Triforce to make Popstar a reality? or is the other way around and Legend of Zelda comes after Kirby did something with the Triforce to make Hyrule exist? With Legend of Zelda timelines, the answer may somehow be both.

Wait, Popstar is somehow connected to Shinigami Tensei as well? this place really is some strange shore of washed up interdimensional curios isn't it?

Orichalcum? eh, honestly that could come from any number of dimensions and universes.

Kirby defeats the stone-hand user and flies home with his wealth, having gotten rich from stealing random artifacts. The following few days he spent all his money on vast amounts of expensive feasts that anyone else would consider a lifetime supply of food and ate it all within an hour, becoming broke again within record time. Given Kirby's instinctual/impulsive nature, the fact that he has incredibly wasteful spending habits should not surprise anyone.

I would hope my "If you wanna be a weirdo nerd about it" comment would have made it clear I was joking with the "glorious nihon steel" line
    If anything Rater should be more worried about me being a weirdo nerd, I'm a fan of fantasy depictions of Iaijutsu like Single Point Shining Into the Void Style from Exalted, Rurouni Kenshin, and use a katana whenever I can in videogames. the only reason I'm not using a katana in Nioh 2 is because I'm dual-wielding wakizaishis in Nioh 2, because dual-wielding is cooler. also I came up my own jokey kind of fantasy Iaijutsu called "Hyper Iaijutsu" its principles are expressed like this:
    "If you cannot kill your opponent before they see you draw your blade, you have not mastered Hyper-Iaijutsu"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-04-16 at 02:44 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #66

There is exactly one queen I'm thinking of with the Queen's Crown, and we will meet her later

Nioh 2 whips ass by the way I love it. Odachi!

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    If anything Rater should be more worried about me being a weirdo nerd, I'm a fan of fantasy depictions of Iaijutsu like Single Point Shining Into the Void Style from Exalted, Rurouni Kenshin, and use a katana whenever I can in videogames. the only reason I'm not using a katana in Nioh 2 is because I'm dual-wielding wakizaishis in Nioh 2, because dual-wielding is cooler. also I came up my own jokey kind of fantasy Iaijutsu called "Hyper Iaijutsu" its principles are expressed like this:
    "If you cannot kill your opponent before they see you draw your blade, you have not mastered Hyper-Iaijutsu"
    I'm sorry, which one of us is playing an actual Iaijutsu user in the role play? She hasn't been on screen in a while but...

It's not about liking katanas. Katanas are cool. The problem is there are people who fetishize them to the point of think that any katana will be better tan any other kind of sword when this is not the case.

A good quality katana that will hold up to regular use is the product of a very complex forging process and even a masterfully forged blade needs careful maintenance because of the relatively low quality of Japanese steel. Use better quality steel, and the process of forging the sword will ruin the steel. Too many impurities, you get bad steel. Not enough, and you get iron.

"Nihon steel" is a line mostly used by katana fetishists.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sorry, which one of us is playing an actual Iaijutsu user in the role play? She hasn't been on screen in a while but...

It's not about liking katanas. Katanas are cool. The problem is there are people who fetishize them to the point of think that any katana will be better tan any other kind of sword when this is not the case.

A good quality katana that will hold up to regular use is the product of a very complex forging process and even a masterfully forged blade needs careful maintenance because of the relatively low quality of Japanese steel. Use better quality steel, and the process of forging the sword will ruin the steel. Too many impurities, you get bad steel. Not enough, and you get iron.

"Nihon steel" is a line mostly used by katana fetishists.
    Fair, but thats Naruto, I'm busy doing a whole 'nother kind of anime fantasy there with ninjas. kind of takes up all the space. if I wanted to focus on the Iaijutsu I'd do it in some thing more general or open to focusing on more than just ninjas.

I know all that, I'm just saying, Zodi here is just someone who made a joke about it. I'm the one who actually is interested in the romantic fantasy of ronin and katanas and such and thus more in danger of falling into that trap.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Player Treasures (New) G Value (New)
    Zodi 35 (11) 6,349,810 (2,607,600)
    Blue 18 (4) 3,650,530 (859,600)
    Spoiler: List
    Show
    Zodi: Whip, Crystal Ball, Lucky Cat, Seiryu Sword, Screw Ball, Echigo Candy, Glass Slippers, Goblet, Brass Knuckle, Amber Rose, Beast Fossil, Bucket, Summertime, Falcon Helmet, Ancient Gem, Dud, Truth Mirror, Unicorn Horn, Rice Bowl, Autumntime, Star Tiara, Armor, King's Cape, Model Ship, Katana, Charm, Kong's Barrel, Xmas Tree, Spirit Charm, Triforce, Platinum Ring, Pegasus Wing, Shell Whistle, Orihalcon, Ramia's Scale
    Blue: Gold Medal, Gold Coin, Zebra Mask, Star Stone, Beast's Fang, Bandanna, Springtime, Dime, Saucepan, Fish Fossil, Nunchuks, 100 dollar coin, Tut's Mask, Warrior Shield, Sword, Turtle Shell, Mr. Saturn, Treasure Box, Mannequin, Golden Crown, Sun Ring, Wintertime, Shiny Bamboo, Tire, Raccoon Doll

...well, by the end there it was no contest, I'm sorry to say. 35 to 18, and 6.3 million to 3.6 million. ...I am frustrated that apparently there's 350g that I counted twice. But I'm not going back through to figure out where, sorry...
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Player Treasures (New) G Value (New)
    Zodi 35 (11) 6,349,810 (2,607,600)
    Blue 18 (4) 3,650,530 (859,600)
    Spoiler: List
    Show
    Zodi: Whip, Crystal Ball, Lucky Cat, Seiryu Sword, Screw Ball, Echigo Candy, Glass Slippers, Goblet, Brass Knuckle, Amber Rose, Beast Fossil, Bucket, Summertime, Falcon Helmet, Ancient Gem, Dud, Truth Mirror, Unicorn Horn, Rice Bowl, Autumntime, Star Tiara, Armor, King's Cape, Model Ship, Katana, Charm, Kong's Barrel, Xmas Tree, Spirit Charm, Triforce, Platinum Ring, Pegasus Wing, Shell Whistle, Orihalcon, Ramia's Scale
    Blue: Gold Medal, Gold Coin, Zebra Mask, Star Stone, Beast's Fang, Bandanna, Springtime, Dime, Saucepan, Fish Fossil, Nunchuks, 100 dollar coin, Tut's Mask, Warrior Shield, Sword, Turtle Shell, Mr. Saturn, Treasure Box, Mannequin, Golden Crown, Sun Ring, Wintertime, Shiny Bamboo, Tire, Raccoon Doll

...well, by the end there it was no contest, I'm sorry to say. 35 to 18, and 6.3 million to 3.6 million. ...I am frustrated that apparently there's 350g that I counted twice. But I'm not going back through to figure out where, sorry...
    Eeeh, it happens. Clearly the 350g extra is the money drop from Computer Virus.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Eeeh, it happens. Clearly the 350g extra is the money drop from Computer Virus.
    Makes sense, clearly.
    (I was sad that the "(not that it matters)" for the EXP wasn't in the original. That always made me giggle more than it should.)

12. - Top - End - #72

So a thought...

what goes on in Kirby's stomach?

Like, we know that he's got an extradimensional space in there or something, but he's eating his enemies alive. What do they experience? And when he copies their powers, are they still alive in there?

When he spawns a helper from a power he got from eating an enemy, is that the same being but now enslaved to Kirby's will?

When he drops the power as an item, is that just... Is the being still conscious or is it dead at that point?

What about when he just spits out a star?

Or are the beings he eats just trapped inside him forever, a permanent part of the "Kirbyverse" even long after he's used up whatever it is he gets from them? Just floating through the void.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #73

So a thought...

what goes on in Kirby's stomach?

Like, we know that he's got an extradimensional space in there or something, but he's eating his enemies alive. What do they experience? And when he copies their powers, are they still alive in there?

When he spawns a helper from a power he got from eating an enemy, is that the same being but now enslaved to Kirby's will?

When he drops the power as an item, is that just... Is the being still conscious or is it dead at that point?

What about when he just spits out a star?

Or are the beings he eats just trapped inside him forever, a permanent part of the "Kirbyverse" even long after he's used up whatever it is he gets from them? Just floating through the void.
    Squeak Squad actually answers this to a degree.

I've always felt that things that get eaten become asleep, and the power star just disperses when launched out. When it poofs, and when enemies in general are poofed, they just regenerate elsewhere, feeling a little tired. Likewise, when Kirby reconstitutes them out of the power stars, they're like "ah, sorry about trying to fight you. We can hang out" and Kirby's like "poyo" because he's adorable.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

If I remember correctly in one game or another, kirby's stomach is basically an endless void or something? IDK, looking at the answer, the official answer seems to be something to reserve until Zodi plays Squeak Squad.

But we can theorize.

Indeed, Kirby has absorbed unique people who have somehow come back and interacted and remembered him again. Either this is a unique property of Kriby's biology where he basically magically not harm anyone with his absorption, or all of popstar has evolved to be near-immortal to recover from danger. the problem is, I'm not sure if Popstar is dangerous enough to justify such an evolutionary path to occur, thankfully Kirby's universe has shown some evidence of being a bit of a post-apocalyptic one where a bunch of precursors have scattered ancient powerful superweapons across the entirety of space, therefore all the things and lifeforms we see may actually be the remnants of some highly advanced society engineering all this into existence. or at least a video that summarized all of kirby lore in like half an hour said the superweapon thing at some point that I watched a year ago or more to try and understand more about Kirby, and all else I can remember from that is some dark force being a reoccurring villain and some robot girl being a jerk. I may be misremembering.

15. - Top - End - #75

Lag plus lack of co-ordination times recording at a late hour means uh... this is a toughie.

Zod Plays: Kirby Super Star [10] MetaKnight's Revengeanceing

Video Length: 36:54

In this exciting episode, we take on MetaKnight's Revenge! A rather hard marathon of a game where each section is timed, and everything is a notch or two harder than usual. A really fun game mode, minor the fact that we're not very good at it. Oops! Still quite a lot of fun though! Also very clearly the inspiration for the Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland's Metaknightmare mode.

Next time, however; the mode everyone says is the best! Hope you all enjoyed, we'll see you then.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Kirby Watch Day Ten: Fast-Paced Sword Jazz Intensifies!
    OOC: And we're starting with Best music aaaaaaaaw yeeeeeeeeeaaaaah......

We observe Meta-Knight to probably be the most intelligent life form on Popstar or at least the most serious. We don't know what that species of life he is, his mask obscures his face, but one gets the impression he is a man dwelling in a world that has all the chill, and he has none. In that way he is an exile, forever surrounded by cute fluffiness while he invents machines like the Halberd to protect it, never seeming to realize that Kirby is more effective than all of them.

Kirby seems to be rushing to defeat the Halberd now, it seems Kirby takes him more seriously than he does most foes as well.

Ah yes the various knights under Meta-Knight, apprentices in his way of warfare, his disciples in protecting Popstar.

Kirby and his partner are arguing over whether the Wheelies receive a wage for powering a machine. The question to answer is whether a Wheelie is wheel-shaped animal, or a wheel-shaped person. after much research into Wheelie, results are inconclusive. However one must remember that Wheelie is a wheel, and thus cannot handle money even if they had the sapience to understand the concept, as that would require hands. Thus even if they are people, they probably are not paid, as I doubt Dreamland has computing and bank accounts for Meta-Knight to deposit money into them for the wheelies, but I have no doubt that Meta-Knight would in fact pay them for their hard work if he could, as he does dislike laziness.

Meta-Knight is just a cute Kirby!? (OOC: I knew this already) By jove, this just raises further questions! if they're the same species, can Meta-Knight copy as well and he doesn't do it out of honor, or is Kirby the only one who can copy like this? Wait we know Meta-Knight can speak! He is sapient! if they are same species that confirms Kirby's sapience. If true, this is no longer a matter of ecological study. Then again, Kirby could just be a monkey to Meta-Knight's human. Which I'll have to say in my report, or the institute will take me off the expedition to make a psychologist or sociologist to study this instead, and I'm not letting them get in the way of my research! What!? They're assigning some to my expedition anyways!? Darn soft science getting in the way of my facts *grumble grumble*....

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Oof. Always forgot this mode was timed. The little communications are super fun, though.

18. - Top - End - #78

I get the feeling that Metaknight knows exactly what Kirby is capable of and knows not to screw around and that's why you immediately go into a boss fight. Even if it doesn't turn out that way, but...

Which makes sense. Metaknight is the same species as Kirby, or at least the species Kirby appears to be. At the very least they're in the same genus.

...You know, back in highschool a friend and I were talking about a hypothetical RPG based on the Smash Brothers series(the game you play, not the metaplot of the kid playing with his toys) where it's just, you have one or more races from each "series" and each race has one or two trees you can go down that branch every couple of levels. My go too example when explaining the concept was that if you're originally from Mario's world and played a Koopa, to start with you could be a Koopa Troopa, a Magikoopa, or Royal Koopa and if you were a Troopa after a while you'd get a choice between becoming a Paratroopa or a Hammer Bro, and if you became a Hammer Bro after a bit you'd get the choice between being a boomerang bro or a fire bro

We never really hashed out major details, but my thought was that one of the dreamland options was that you were a member of Kirby's species... But you didn't have the Copy Ability, so instead as you leveled up you'd progress up a tree where you'd get to pick an ability to permanently have and the progression would be mixing your chosen powers together both in terms of using them together and in terms of how you use them,

Now I'm wondering how accurate that is. Metaknight seems to be a member of Kirby's species who exclusively fights with a handful of powers that he seems to use in ways distinct from how Kirby uses them. Most notably in games where Metaknight has Fire he channels it through his sword. His sword is even considered a separate power from Sword in the one game where Kirby can copy it, and his wings are canonically more powerful than any flight granting power Kirby has access to.

Anyway, shooting Kirby with the canon from a high-class gunship tells me that I'm right to think that Metaknight and company know exactly what will happen if Kirby gets to them.

Have you ever noticed how almost all of Kirby's friends started out as his enemies? And sometimes are still his enemies despite being friends?

It's so amusing to see everyone panicking as Kirby gets closer and closer to them.

I see no purpose for the switch puzzle.

Why is the reactor a boss? Who makes a reactor designed to fight? That seems like it should have gone horribly wrong long before now.

My understanding is that "The captain goes down with the ship" tradition refers to if there isn't enough time to evacuate everyone the Captain voluntarily gives up his chance for someone else.

If everyone can get out then the Captain evacuates too.. Though he probably stay till the end.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #79

Apologies for the delay, the second plague shot kinda laid me up, as well as some other personal things. I'll be fine, and Kirby will resume shortly. Thank you for your patience.

20. - Top - End - #80

Apologies for the delay, the second plague shot kinda laid me up, as well as some other personal things. I'll be fine, and Kirby will resume shortly. Thank you for your patience.
    This is perfectly understandable and not something at all to fret over.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #81

And so begins Milky Way Wishes!

Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star [11] Windy Forest

Video Length: 13:24

Milky Way Wishes is the sort of... lets say capstone, of Kirby Super Star. It is the biggest deviation from standard Kirby formula, introducing a "choose which level you start with" mechanic as well as changing up how powers work completely. It is an interesting experiment, and also features some of the series most devious puzzles. So much so, I almost always forget one or two of them, so there'll be a bit of clean up work before the end. Hope you enjoy!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

The Tac's planet is just called "?", changed to "???" in the Super Star release.

I like Tac and the Copy gimmick here... and it's nice to find for extra playthroughs, but... I dunno if it's the best thing to do to show off this mode, because it's bypassing literally the entire gimmick of "use what few you have and get more."

I always really enjoyed the season changing mechanic. Whenever it's used, it always seems really clever.

23. - Top - End - #83

I think that this is the single biggest piece of evidence that physics in Kirby's reality is... well, I think this dapper gentleman says it better than I can.

Apparently, Marx is a localization error, he's supposed to be Marks but in Japanese phones both Marx and Marks would be something along the line of Maakusu or "Marakusu" and the localization team just assumed that it was Marx because it's an actual name instead of the plural form of an individual with a name.
    Spoiler
    Show
    But ironic considering that you're the mark in this scam.

Honestly, going straight to getting the copy ability, which is otherwise useless to Kirby, seems almost like cheating in this game mode. It lets you kinda-sorta bypass the main source of difficulty.

...Also, why doesn't Kirby have all of these powers permanently in later games?

Zodi, be careful on Floria. Gotta Watch out for Floria man. That dude's crazy.

I can't help but notice that most of the organisms you're fighting are, other than Kirby's inability to devour them, identical to organism on popstar. The implications of this are... Frightening.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Kirby Watch Day 11:
    But wait, how did they fight day and night? they're the SUN and the MOON! it should be a constant eclipse! and isn't the moon weaker than the sun? I think these people are inaccurately portraying this Versus battle guys, didn't do the research on this one.

oh Hi Marx! Yes Marx, such a good friend with a soft voice, sings like an angel he does. Yup, his plan sounds completely sane and reasonable. Surely there is no way this can go bad, Marx only means well!

.....does Kirby's biology change over time? or is it simply Chaos Biology? Bio-Chaosology? The mysterious nature of kirby continues to grow ever more puzzling....

if nothing else, Wheel is very fun. need for speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!

I can't help but notice that most of the organisms you're fighting are, other than Kirby's inability to devour them, identical to organism on popstar. The implications of this are... Frightening.
    I mean if you want to assume Popstar was the center of a stellar colonial empire that terraformed things maybe, but have you considered that Popstar with its star shape might in fact be an artificial planet construct designed to instead by a symbolic representation of all these life forms from different planets coming together to live in peace and harmony on one new world? many of the other planets look more natural after all, and a star is often used as a symbolic representation of a distant hope or wish. might be anything but frightening.

25. - Top - End - #85

Koirby!

Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star [12] Wet Volcano

Video Length: 23:39

In this episode, we take on Aqualiss and Hotbeat, my two personal least favorite of these planets. They're just kind of annoying obstacles that I've never really been a fan of; water puzzles and damage floors. Still, we do a decent job of it all things considered... at least I like to believe that, haha.

26. - Top - End - #86

I can't help but notice that the sun and moon are crashing in each other as you comment on them being married.

"Here's a level where the entire gimmick of the franchise doesn't apply." Screw you, Nintendo, that wasn't part of the deal.

With no knowledge of Celeste, I'm imagining it is like Darksouls.

Oh, hey, the water level is also a maze.

When you try to go down and can't underwater, it looks like Kirby's just given up and let himself drown.

...The correct door is the one that looks different.

Fatty Whale still isn't that fat.

Having the fire power does not make you immune to heat. Good to know.

I'm noticing that none of the life-forms Kirby is encountering on the lava planet seem like they would be heat resistant. The exception are the Burning Leos... who are demonstrably not heat resistant enough to deal with lava.

Realistically Kirby, his helpers, and all of the enemies would have been cooked alive by ambient heat.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

@ Rater: Having watched a Lets Play of Celeste, I can say that is not like Dark Souls at all. its more I Wanna Be The Guy in that its a pure platformer that can get really hard, but with a better story thats in similar post-2010 themes expressed by things like Undertale or Steven Universe.

I'd probably might've played it myself if given the chance, but I've got enough games that take up my time as it is.

Kirby Watch Day Twelve:
    Rule of a maze in a videogame: the longest most convoluted path to an exit is probably the correct one.

....Hm perhaps the Burn Guys can only withstand standard flame temperatures produced by a campfire or something, while the lava is much hotter? it would make sense if their flame resistance had a limit, and lava if I recall is hotter than usual flame.

Kirby then tap dances on the face of his foe to death over lava. Kirby got no mercy.

the real mystery of this fire planet is how all the lava hasn't cooled over into rock yet. usually this forms a crust y'know.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Watching this is making me wish the more recent Kirby games still had the little art for each power (plus the "Ouch!" and "I'm Hit"). When did those stop being a thing...? Sure, there's usually something on the pause menu, but it's not the same (and doesn't have the context reactions like those two).
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

The tossing around miniboss' name is Jukid! (Judo Kid.) Ultra definitely is nice, showing miniboss names.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, do folks here think that Marx is the same species as Kirby?