New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star (Kirb Your Enthusiasm)

Onwards and upwards!

Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star Ultra [4] Fightly Knights

Video Length: 24:18

In this episode, Metaknight cleaves his way through the Great Cave Offensive, then spends an afternoon destroying his own air ship. You know, like you do.

Topic of interest from the video I'm explicating pointing out; playing as the Meta-Knights! I stand by every power combo I say except Mace Knight would be Yoyo/Stone and Axe Knight would be Hammer/Cutter. I forget when I realize that is the actual real play for them, but I do at some point and I'm shouting it out for completions sake. I still also really WANT to play as the Meta-Knights, it'd be rad as hell.

But yeah. That's that done. Next time, the finale of Metaknightmare Ultra. Hope to see you then!

2. - Top - End - #152

Obviously, the reason Metaknight destroyed his own ship is that he's trying to become stronger by going on all of Kirby's adventures back to back to back.

Not unlike Vegeta deciding to train at 500 times earth gravity after learning that Goku trained at 100 times.

"To be the strongest, I must copy you but do it more extremely."

Edit: And, well, if the creators of Psychonauts wanted a memorably vile villain in the Phantom, they succeded. The second you forgot you weren't supposed to go down, I heard "the line" in the back of my head.

Poor Gloria, having such a nasty inner critic.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-07-16 at 07:50 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #153

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Obviously, the reason Metaknight destroyed his own ship is that he's trying to become stronger by going on all of Kirby's adventures back to back to back.

Not unlike Vegeta deciding to train at 500 times earth gravity after learning that Goku trained at 100 times.

"To be the strongest, I must copy you but do it more extremely."
    This is explicitly true but it's still hilariously silly.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

How food works, by the way, is that it replaces Maxim Tomatoes and Copy Essences. All regular food is gone.

Since Zodi didn't share the Virus Attributes, here they are (all of them, not just Meta Knight's):
    Spoiler
    Show
    These are the ones in since the original:
    Ambition
    Appetite
    Beauty
    Courage
    Exam score
    Fever
    Friendship
    Greediness
    Happy Smile
    Honesty
    Humor
    Love
    Tenderness

Added in Super Star Ultra:
    Eye Sparkle
    Heroism
    Maturity
    Puffiness
    Roundness
    Sincerity
    Spirit
    Softness
    Squishiness

And then the Meta-Knight Unique ones:
    Charisma
    Coolness
    Dreaminess
    Flashiness
    Foot Speed
    Leadership
    Mask Shine
    Sword Sharpness
    Trustworthiness

Note that while they are generally random, there's one exception: The last one will be either Love/Friendship for Kirby, or Sword Sharpness/Leadership for Meta Knight - the first if you currently don't have a Helper, the second if you do.

"Meta Knight cares not for optional content." Well, I've got bad news for him about what his content is...
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

5. - Top - End - #155

I'll admit I didn't put in Metaknight's stats because I thought the later Computer virus fight got the rest. Thank you DataNinja you are, as ever, a brilliant scholar.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'll admit I didn't put in Metaknight's stats because I thought the later Computer virus fight got the rest. Thank you DataNinja you are, as ever, a brilliant scholar.
    ...not really, I just looked on a couple of Wikis and copied it over, because I've always been curious but never remembered to check.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    ...not really, I just looked on a couple of Wikis and copied it over, because I've always been curious but never remembered to check.
    You are a gentle-lady and a SCHOLAR, and humble to boot

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

You are a gentle-lady and a SCHOLAR, and humble to boot
    It wasn't even arduous research! Someone else did that. I refuse to take credit where credit isn't due!

9. - Top - End - #159

Speaking from experience, 90% of being smart is just looking stuff up because you want to.

Back in school people would ask me how I know things and the only answer I could give was "I read" and that just pissed people off. Acting like I was saying people were stupid if they didn't like to read instead of just.., Answering the question.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #160

Hey hey hey, time for some blind VR experiences... and technical difficulties. This one is in two parts, friendos.

Zodi Streams: Psychonauts Rhombus of Ruin [1] Fish Hell Times

Video Length: 2:41:40

Zodi Streams: Psychonauts Rhombus of Ruin [2] Domo Arigato Mr Lobato

Video Length: 31:16

And here we are. We clear the whole game, and boy is it... a lot of game, despite being little of game.

11. - Top - End - #161

Yes.

I've been putting off watching streams of this, including Team Four Star's from a few year's back, to wait for yours...

and you've got about threeish hours for an hour and a half long game... I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Kirby Watch Day 19:
    Meta Knight seems to have speedrunner instincts, perhaps he is not the exact same species but a different one in the same genus optimized for doing things as fast as possible?

what can I say? maybe Meta-Knight is the batman to Kirby's superman, and his mask is simply some form of being prepared for water excursions?

Hm, observations of the knights are interesting, what if they're all just technological robot replications of native Popstar fauna?

I mean.....its Popstar, and they like have this wishing rod or whatever? I'm pretty sure they can pull some magic nonsense to get that back. his ship is destroyed in practically every game I've seen it in, so he must have some way of easily getting it back.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

13. - Top - End - #163

Yes.

I've been putting off watching streams of this, including Team Four Star's from a few year's back, to wait for yours...

and you've got about threeish hours for an hour and a half long game... I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
    Well, they likely had editing in their video, for one. For two, they didn't have... my difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Kirby Watch Day 19:
    Meta Knight seems to have speedrunner instincts, perhaps he is not the exact same species but a different one in the same genus optimized for doing things as fast as possible?

what can I say? maybe Meta-Knight is the batman to Kirby's superman, and his mask is simply some form of being prepared for water excursions?

Hm, observations of the knights are interesting, what if they're all just technological robot replications of native Popstar fauna?

I mean.....its Popstar, and they like have this wishing rod or whatever? I'm pretty sure they can pull some magic nonsense to get that back. his ship is destroyed in practically every game I've seen it in, so he must have some way of easily getting it back.
    This'll be a lot funnier later, I think, in Squeak Squad. Hehehe

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

This'll be a lot funnier later, I think, in Squeak Squad. Hehehe
    Every time I see the words "Squeak Squad" I think of a bunch of mice in swat or ODST style uniforms with guns going around like a shooter fighting things like cats or rats or whatever trying to act like cool commando types, even though I know it refers to bunch of like, mouse thieves in Kirby.

15. - Top - End - #165

Stopped watching a few minutes in becuase... My sleep cycle is kind of messed up and I'd stayed up to the point where I've been sleeping till latly waiting for the VOD.

Back now: Since I actually remember middle school health class.. and had to take Highschool Health twice for reasons... Technically, as a ten-year-old boy, Raz isn't prepubescent so much as he literally just started.

Puberty starts in the 8-10 range and is an ongoing process that lasts about eight years.

It's just, the most extreme changes happen in the 13-16 range, so that's what most people tend to think of.

Like, th problem with the kids acting older in the first game wasn't that they wanted to make out with each other, for most of them they were old enough that that was normal, it's that they were talking about it casually and actually acting on it.

And technically even when Puberty is over the body isn't an "adult" yet, the body is still maturing until the age of 25 and most people reach their physical peak in their early 30s.

...It's actually kind of concerning how little the average person knows about how the human body functions and develops.
    I get that using clairvoyance to explore the environment is the gimmick of this game and that you've gotta get the player used to it somehow before the actions tarts, but Raz, you can check on your girlfriend is doing without possessing her first. That's kind of creepy.
    Lilli, no. You are objectively not the worst daughter in the world,

You haven't committed patricide or matricide yet. You're not even trying.
    Purple is apparently telekinesis.

I miss the glowy hand.

And yes, when you first "did purple" you were focused on Lili and she apparently sensed the telekinetic presence and told Raz to knock it off.

Apparently, TK hugs are not pleasant.
    Raz comments that his dad hates things palm reading.

There are two things this can mean: Since the implication is that the Aquato family are of Romani descent, it's possible that Agustus doesn't care for fortune telling as n aspect of psionics because of ethnic stereotypes and the like...

Or, there's a poster somewhere that shows that the Gallocio family, the rival psychics that cursed the Aquato family to die in water, had a fortune-telling act at some point.

Could be both, the Gallocio poster shows them dressed as stereotypical Romani fortune tellers...
    Raz... Didn't you Master Telekinesis literally yesterday or the day before?

Like, seriously. This game takes place literally right after Psychonauts, and unless Agustus left aRaz at the came and came back to see Raz get promoted from Cadet to agent, which is certainly possible, then...
    And You give oleander the magazine that Raz said his dad didn't like to use as Toilet Papper.

While the compartment full of rolls of toilet paper is open in plain view.

If Oleander doesn't get mad when he comes out of the john I'm gonna be disappointed.
    ...Raz was wearing his official psychonauts uniform at the end of the last game when they loaded up on the plane to go on the mission.

Did he change clothes on the plane and stow his uniform in the overhead compartment... And like, there isn't exactly much room to move around in an airplane bathroom, even if this is a first-class private jet. He would have had to have done it in front of everyone... Granted, since he lives in a traveling circus caravan and has like, six siblings he's probably not used to privacy, but still. That's weird.

And why isn't he wearing the uniform on an official psychonauts mission? Is it just a case of like, it' a formal uniform but you wear normal clothes in the field?

...and now that I think about it, why is Lili here? I know it's her dad, and that's she's very powerful, but she's not a full-fledged Pscyhonaut and unlike the previous game she wasn't already involved.
    The merit badges are skill-based but do not inherently qualify you as a psychonaut.

Ford flat out says that they normally don't make children psychonauts but made an exception because Raz is just that good.

The camp, as I understand it, is basically just a normal camp except in that its goal is to help kids control their powers, but any kids who do well will be scouted out to join when they're older.

So like, I've compared the Camp to the Xavier school more than once. This is another example: Not every kid who goes to Xavier's school joins the X-Men. Some kids ar the because they need help controlling their powers. Some are just there because it's a very good private school that doesn't charge tuition.
    Obviously, the signal is messed up because they're keeping Lili's dad complacent by feeding him food laced with Lysergic acid diethylamide.
    I can't help but get the feeling that there was an intended order for you to explore this room in but no hints or rails to keep you on track.

Edit: Hey, Zodi... You are the master of understatements.

"Your parents hated and feared you because you were born 'different', questioned if you were even 'really' their child, and had you ****ing lobotomized in the hopes that it would either make you 'normal or kill you, either way, they're free of the 'burdon' your 'abnormality' puts on them" is more than a traumatizing. That's...

And for what it's worth, as part of a demographic that that kind of thing used to happen to all the time... I did not find the depiction offensive. It was a bit of a spectacle, yes, but that is... Terrifyingly realistic.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-07-18 at 10:13 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #166

Edit: Hey, Zodi... You are the master of understatements.

"Your parents hated and feared you because you were born 'different', questioned if you were even 'really' their child, and had you ****ing lobotomized in the hopes that it would either make you 'normal or kill you, either way, they're free of the 'burdon' your 'abnormality' puts on them" is more than a traumatizing. That's...

And for what it's worth, as part of a demographic that that kind of thing used to happen to all the time... I did not find the depiction offensive. It was a bit of a spectacle, yes, but that is... Terrifyingly realistic.
    Yeah... as someone who is the same, I agree. I should note that by content warning I did not mean "this is offensive" but more "this could be potentially traumatizing".

------

We return... for one last dash of Meta Knight!

Zodi Plays: Kirby Super Star Ultra [5] Galacta Knight

Video Length: 29:22

In this episode, we finish off Metaknightmare Ultra, slicing through the planets of Milky Way Wishes, and going all the way to the rebuilt Intergalactic Super Nova to ask for... the most "I am the rival character" request of all time; give me the strongest opponent possible. And so it happens; Galacta Knight, this angelic lance using warrior of unparalleled skill, speed, strength, and boss music. He is the "hard mode" Meta Knight fight, ala Masked Dedede and Wham Bam Jewel, and he is probably my favorite of these guys. Everything about him oozes intensity and I love it, and as a contrast to Meta Knight's mysterious mask and bat like wings, it honestly rules.

There are many theories as to who Galacta Knight is. Is he a possible future for Meta Knight if he goes too hard? Is it a bad future Kirby? Is it a third, mysterious fluffy orb person like Kirby and Meta? Or could it be the future of another foe we've yet to see? Who is to say... and given as of Return to Dreamland the people in charge of Kirby have been VERY into crafting giganticly huge Deep Lore stuff about Kirby, I imagine we'll actually find out at some point. Especially given... other things, which we will cover when we cover them.

With that done... I hope you all enjoyed. Next time, we finally put an end to Super Star and Super Star Ultra.

17. - Top - End - #167

Yeah... as someone who is the same, I agree. I should note that by content warning I did not mean "this is offensive" but more "this could be potentially traumatizing".
    Yeah. For what its worth, apparently they've gotten better about that: If the gameplay trailors are anything to go by, Psychonauts 2 opens with a disclaimer about how the stylizing depictions of mental illness should not be taken as a dismissal of serious conditions, an akncoeldgement that it can be disturbing, and also provides a URL to get mental health advice for people who need it.

so, there's that. They're learning.

And now to watch Vegeta use the Dragon Ball to fight bigger, stronger Vegeta.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, one other change to Meta Knight from Kirby that's most noticeable in Milky Way Wishes (with the water planet): He doesn't inflate to fly, so he doesn't get super buoyant if he goes into the water while already flying. That's always a little mechanic I loved doing with Kirby, so, it's noticeable. For me, at least.
    (Same with areas with up-wind.)

It sure was tricky to get to that cannon quickly. If only you had some power that would allow you to go faster.

I'm fine with fighting Heavy Lobster a lot, because Ultra gave him an awesome song.

...oh, and you mention the lack of puffing later on. Man, I just cannot catch a break.

I mean, I see the Great Dragon as orange, rather than brown, but to each their own.

And here we have the only other theme in this game that defies the Masked Dedede theme being uncontested champion.
    And, yeah, he was super tough for child!Data.

Note that that "Fly! Meta Knight" apparently occasionally replaces the opening when you start the game after you've beaten this mode.

I think Helper to Hero is considered harder because of all the Helpers. And some are really tough - like Wheel (despite the invincibility), or Parasol.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2021-07-19 at 01:56 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169

While I get Wheel to a degree (Dynablade and Marx are pretty tough with it) Parasol is one of the best powers in the game. But yeah, Kid!age ourselves would have a rough time with it, I imagine.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

While I get Wheel to a degree (Dynablade and Marx are pretty tough with it) Parasol is one of the best powers in the game. But yeah, Kid!age ourselves would have a rough time with it, I imagine.
    Yeah. I have no doubt it'd be much easier now.

Let's see, I actually have my copy, so I'm able to see exactly which ones brother and I were able to do as kids:
    Bonkers, Rocky, Tac, Plasma Wisp, and Chilly. It was basically the spectacular defensive stuff, plus Bonkers (for obvious reasons - THWACK), minus Mirror (because it was too short ranged and weak, even with the mirror dash).

I just put MK Ultra as easier because... well, one unlucky death doesn't end it, and because you have the all important Heal.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

How does TAC work in H2H?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    How does TAC work in H2H?
    He punches things, and if he hits an enemy that would copy, he gains that copy ability as normal.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

He punches things, and if he hits an enemy that would copy, he gains that copy ability as normal.
    He doesn't copy in H2H, actually! His attack just causes damage. No getting free heals, or versatility or anything. He's still one of the best helpers because his guard is 100% perfect. Even grabs and stuff can't touch him. And his attack can be charged for pretty good damage.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Kirby Watch Day 20:
    I mean, is candy cane really a candy if you think about it? its so.....pepperminty, that like, doesn't even count.

Kracko seeks us out. Whispy Woods is just an unfortunate victim that Kirby bullies every time he leaves before he goes to do more important things:
    Kirby: Hey tree, remember who is top animal around here while I'm gone. I gotta go put Dedede in his place again, I better have some apples to eat when I come back.
    Whispy Woods: *sad tree noises*

the dragon is orange Zodi, I don't see any brown.

ball Vegeta vs. Ball Beerus/Broly/Buu/Jiren. Awesome.

I dunno, it can't be meta-knight from the future, Galacta-Knight was sealed away long ago. Meta-Knight was asking for the greatest warrior in the universe, so unless the wish-granting mechanical thing can see all of time, then Galacta Knight comes from the past. Galacta Knight might just be the matured form of the kirby/Meta-Knight species, an older relative of theirs.

25. - Top - End - #175

Oh that reminds me!

Brown and orange are the same colour. The dragon reads more brown than orange to me, but they're on the same "line" of colour. Orange is just light Brown.

26. - Top - End - #176

Okay, nw that I've recovered from being unsettled, I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed.

There was a conversation about evil dentists in the last Sunshine stream, and then we did all of the currently available Psychonauts franchise which prominently features a malevolent dentist...

and not one person mentions Little Shop of Horrors.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #177

Okay, nw that I've recovered from being unsettled, I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed.

There was a conversation about evil dentists in the last Sunshine stream, and then we did all of the currently available Psychonauts franchise which prominently features a malevolent dentist...

and not one person mentions Little Shop of Horrors.
    I will be perfectly honest.

If I hadn't had the technical difficulties I'd have done it. I love Little Shop.

28. - Top - End - #178

You know what would have been hilarious?

If Metaknight had made his wish to fight the strongest warrior or whatever, so Nova just summoned Kirby.

..."I ould have avoided all of this, couldn't I have?"

In addition to the "dragon ball" parallels in Metaknightmare Ultra, I think it's interesting to note that Kirby, who is motivated entirely by food and fun, has a circle of friends that consists almost entirely of people who have tried to kill him and is consistently the strongest despite everyone's best efforts.

Kirby is Goku. That makes Dedede Piccolo, Metaknigh Vegeta... And screw it, Bandana Waddledee can be Yamcha. The timeline doesn't work out so well, but...

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #179

Out of respect for those who gave me money, and completions sake...

Zodi Streams: Hollow Knight [1]

Video Length: 2:09:23

So the Sly Cooper game didn't work because the emulator suddenly got massive slow down while streaming. After spending an hour trying to fix it, we made a decision to play Hollow Knight for a bit instead. I make no promises on this being continued, I don't really want to stream Hollow Knight, but it is a thing we have done. Hope you all enjoy.

As well; sorry about being such a grump. I might just be imagining it myself, but I think I was really annoying during this.

30. - Top - End - #180

I was not actually aware that Hollowknight was about buggies.

Edit: Stream video and audio seems a bit desynched.

"Zanpakuto" i a term mad up for Bleach, referring to one of several things that amounts to "magic sword with powers activated by calling its names."

A big-ass anime sword is a zanbato, though that term only exists in anime and related media. Outside of replicas, they are not real.

Edit 2: The video-audio desynch might have been a problem on my end rather than the video itself. Early in it like, skipped a minute of video while the audio carried on as normal, but after a while the video reloaded and the footage backed up to match the sound.

Might just be the video lading weird when I try and watch it.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-07-25 at 03:08 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks