New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Where does Giantitp get their Dnd related memes?

I think everyone who has participated in a gaming group of any kind understands how often inside jokes appear. A game and gaming process so rife with peculiarities and context, creates many hilarious memes. Memes thrive on lack of context and dnd is a perfect engine to create them.

I have no clue what demographics peruse this forum, but I would bet that many of you enjoy memes shared within your gaming group. So I wonder to myself where everyone would be getting them? Facebook groups? specific meme websites with dnd themed groups? Twitter? please, share your best sources for Dungeon and Dragons memes as replies.

This website is not the best format for sharing images. I know their are many other disparate communities across the rpg player spectrum in niches across the web. What would be the best nexus of all of these similar groups to share humorous edited pictures and stories from their games?

I am starting a meme board on another website, linked as my home page on my profile. My current goal is to seek out the various roleplaying communities across the web to gather meme sources and to make known the great dnd meme mecca I seek to create.

TL;DR

Lets talk about the sources of memes about dnd that we enjoy:J

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Where does Giantitp get their Dnd related memes?

Facebook and Reddit would be my chief sources. Probably a few discords out there as well (there is a GitP one iirc, but I don't frequent it as much as I should)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

One of the things I like best about these boards is the relatively low meme level, and conversely the reason I avoid Facebook etc like the plague is that they're nothing but memes, and I find memes viscerally repellent. Mostly I think it's the blatant "like this to feel like the smart cool in group" nature of them. Just gives me the willies.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I mean uh... instagram because I am scum, but it handily gets me both the reddit and tumblr memes.
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

D&D discord threads mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".