New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jade Regent IC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Jade Regent IC

As the crowd gathers there is some polite clapping at Darhana's story and a few narrowed eyes at Emika as she sits and does not partake in the festivities but it soon stops as Charles rises and begins to sing his tale of how he met Amieko. Its like hypnotism and soon the majority of the crowd are swaying along, a few of them dabbing at tears at the skill of the music. Even the Prince's fixed smile falters and takes on a look of wide eyed wonder followed by applause.

he rises, causing all to fall to their knees before he approaches CHarles, "You are a maginificent find." He glances at Ameiko, "I like this one. His weight in silver if he will stay and serve me as a court bard for the cycle" (he means the 12 years of their calendar). He pauses as Ameiko just looks in surprise and worry to the rest of the party and at Charles, trying o think of a way that she may politely decline the Prince!
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler: STAT BLOCK
    Show
    Emika
    HP: 84 | CURRENT: 84 | AC: 24 | TOUCH: 12 | FLAT: 22 | CMD: 26 | FCMD: 24
    INITIATIVE: +2 | PERCEPTION: +8 | FORTITUDE: +10 | REFLEX: +7 | WILL: +5
    ACTIVE EFFECTS: None.
    CONDITIONS: None.

Emika knows she isn’t the most eloquent of people, but she’s far from a stranger at deflecting the unwanted intentions of others with words.

”An eminently generous offer, my Prince,” she replies, bowing her head. ”It is with great reluctance we must decline, for now; our companion is contracted on a task involving the Imperial throne, once that must be seen through,” she informs their host. ”If our ancestors favour us, he will be free from this task in the near future and at liberty to give fair consideration to your offer, great Prince.”

Truth, all of it, in the strictest sense....

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+5)[11]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Darhana kept silent for now, keeping an eye on the guards in the room, just in case this didn't work.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Tsu Yang Zhou, Blade Bound Champion of the Blessed Moon
    HP: 83 (91) | CURRENT: 83 (91) | AC: 23 | TOUCH: 13 | FLAT: 22 | CMD: 24 | FCMD: 23
    INITIATIVE: +7 | PERCEPTION: +18 | FORTITUDE: +12 | REFLEX: +7 | WILL: +11
    SPELL SLOTS: 0: 5/5 | 1st: 6/6 | 2nd: 4/5 | 3rd: 3/3 | 4th: 1/1
    ARCANA POOL: 5 | CURRENT: 5 | BLACK BLADE POOL: 3 | CURRENT: 3
    ACTIVE EFFECTS: Visualization of Body (Constitution)

Zhou narrowed his eyes, while scanning the room, trying to remain aware of any sudden movement's by the Prince's guards or servants. Zhou did not fail to note that the silver was offered to Ameiko, rather than Charles themselves, and that alone disgusted him, for a man's destiny should be his own and not chosen by another. While he said nothing, he stretched his right hand, flexing it open and closed, as he anticipated some sort of clash, he hoped that it would be a battle of words and wits, but prepared himself for a clash of steel, if required.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Charles give nervous smile with his hands almost seemigly covering him from the potential backlash. His twichy smile doesnt help hide his true feelings on the offer though. Still, he doesnt have anything to add to the situation so he simply waits for the response from his "majesty"
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Listening to Emika, the Prince's face snaps into almost a snarl before returning to the bland moronic smile. "As you say noble lady. Perhaps when you have left my city and then returned you may grace us with your song once more...." As he finishes he sits down and there is a hush in the chamber as the assembled cronies and hanger-ons and toadies all watch to see if anyone will be executed.

As the Prince seems to slump into sullen silence Amieko comes across to you, "Shall we stay the minimum time here that is possible? We can visit the market in the morning and then contnue down the Silk Road towards the main land?"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I agree completely," Darhana said. She wanted to get out of this nuthouse as quickly as possible.
    "And as soon as we are allowed to get out of this dinner, we should also do so," she added.

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Charles nods in agreement as he sighs in relief. He couldnt believe their luck. At least for the time being, they had a chance of getting out alive and without arrows sticking on their backs. "I agree. I´ll also greatly appreciate company in the meantime."
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

9. - Top - End - #39

PirateGuy

Silently letting out a long breath after the Prince turns away, Emika isn’t entirely certain that she hadn’t somehow made things worse rather than better for them.

”Agreed, out of here this evening as soon as we can without offering insult,” she replies quietly. ”And as for the market tomorrow; is there anything that we truly need that badly? I’d as soon be gone the moment the gates open,” she admits, a touch uneasily.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Some healing will be useful," Darhana says, "just in case mostly."
    The she looks at Charles.
    "Sure, cutie-pie," she said with a smile, "I wouldn't mind keeping you company tonight."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Charles appreciates the effort especially since he wouldnt like to be caught alone in the castle of such creep even accompanied by Lewis. Charles scratches behind his head with a flustered smile when he hears Darhana. "Thank you, Darhana. I appreciate the offer." he admits feeling a bit safer.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Exclamation Re: Jade Regent IC

With the Prince gone and your spurning of his offer its offer to the genteel members of the court that you are out of favour with the Prince and they likewise make little effort to speak with your party and you can almost sense the palpable sense of relief as you leave and return to your suites. As you head up to the chambers the servants are fewer, and the ones present seem old and grey with much less finery and you notice several guards posted near the entrance to the suites. Cleary words have spread around the servants quarters.

Despite probably a nervous night, and one that see's a pale Shalelu pacing the halls in her normal leathers and hunting garb but the night passes quietly enough in the palace and the dawn light soon streams through the windows of the palace as the smells and noise of city surround you and wake you gently. A sharp contrast to the weeks of wind and snow that had accompanied you across the Crown of the World. As you dress and ready for the day ahead Amieko and Shalelu greet you over the trays of simple fare - rice and steamed vegetables. Amieko looking around, "I too would like to leave this place. But we need supplies for the wagons and horses." She looks to you all, "I have head tale of the Tiger Market as the one most friendly to outsiders and capabale of selling what we need. Shall we head there?"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

HP: 83 (91) | CURRENT: 83 (91) | AC: 23 | TOUCH: 13 | FLAT: 22 | CMD: 24 | FCMD: 23
    SPELL SLOTS: 0: 5/5 | 1st: 6/6 | 2nd: 4/5 | 3rd: 3/3 | 4th: 1/1
    ARCANA POOL: 5 | CURRENT: 5 | BLACK BLADE POOL: 3 | CURRENT: 3
    ACTIVE EFFECTS: Visualization of Body (Constitution)

As Amieko and Shalelu expressed their intentions, Zhou nodded. "I suggest we do so as quickly as possible, however, given our host's surprisingly fragile ego, we may find the market closed to us. It is my hope we can resupply quickly, and depart this place, to prevent further threat to yourself," he nodded towards Amieko, "and the caravan itself. Once our supplies are stocked, I would suggest we exit the city with, or without, our host's blessing."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Agreed," Darhana said, "I just would like a few cure potions or something like that. But if needed, I can do without."

She would follow the others, keeping an eye out for trouble or people following them.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Charles is still pretty paranoic looking eft and right every few minutes. He wanted to leave as soon as possible but he understood the importance of taking care of the caravan and making sure sure they were ready to get back into the long journey. Charles sighs a bit unhappy of admiting it "We should also look for magical assistance. Any magical artifacts that could offer warding and or healing could be of great use for the caravan. Afterall, we have limited resources and we dont know of the dangers up ahead."

Lewis nods in agreement to Charles´s assesment. "Regardless of our feelings here, we shouldnt forget to set our priorities straight. This might be the last chance to prepare ourselves until we get to the next city. That being said, I agree. We should go through the safest path. Lets go to the Tiger Market and see what we can find."
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

16. - Top - End - #46

PirateGuy

Show
    Emika

Emika is dressed, packed, and more than ready to depart as soon as the caravan has managed their resupply. She can’t argue that they have a legitimate need, but the longer they spend inside the walls of this city, the more her skin prickles with the anticipation of things going horribly awry.

She’s familiar with men such as this Prince, and the excesses to which they can go to.

As is her wont she is unarmoured and only lightly armed, but she is, of course, ready to change that at a moment’s notice should the situation sour.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

In the morning the city rouses around you, and in another display of casual brutality in the courtyard outside your suites the heads of the poets who had been outdone by Darhana mounted on pikes greets you, each with a thick wreath of orchids around the shaft of the pike.

Ameiko and Shalelu meet your looks with horror of their own
    Amieko nodding ”To the market, we can resupply today and leave first thing tomorrow. ...

Heading out into the light of the day servants can point you to the district near the walls by the horse market where the outsiders normally gather. Heading there the market square is a sea of colour, smells and dozens of stalls selling all manner of items as street vendors sell horse hoof gruel and musicians strike chords on sansans and bash metal gongs together in clashing sounds.
    To the beat of the gongs you can see a golden dragon made of silks and woods dancing and jumping in amongst the stalls with half a dozen people inside working the sticks and a small woman with a white mask leading it holding an orb of orange silk that has some sort of green incense exuding from it.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Some local festival, or something religious," Darhana asked. She knew some things about this part of the world, but not all the details. She kept looking around, in case it was a distraction.

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

perception: [roll]1d20+24[/roll]
    Any knowledge check I can do to know what this is. I have all knowledge skills (given, most at only 1 rank).
    Last edited by farothel; 2021-04-17 at 03:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Lewis and Charles start discussing the possibilities of wht they think might be the reason behind the unusual display. Hopefully, between the two, they woud uncover the truth on the situation.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Knowledge skill rolls:
    -Arcana (1d20+19)[30]
    -Local (1d20+19)[25]
    -Geography (1d20+19)[34]
    -Religion (1d20+19)[28]
    -History (1d20+7)[20] (last one is from Lewis who can roll knowledge checks untrained)
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Lewise and Charles watch the display, the dragon dancing, one of several silk and paper animals now dancing in the square and he knows that its just part of the local Minkai worship and that its a dance for good luck from their ancestors. But its Darhana's sharp eyes that see a few things untoward, as the nearest paper dragon dances its way towards where Amieko stands grinning and smiling at its antics he spies through a rip in the fabric a black wrapped face and head and a glint of steel, whats more he spies another figure, a thin woman dressed in a silk kimono with a porcelain mask over her face approaching Ameiko from behind, a glint of steel in her hand!

OOC

Ameiko, SHalelu and a couple of caravane teamsters are ~20ft negotiating with a merchant, the paper dragon is ~20ft from them (~30ft from you) but Darhana can see its held up by ninja! And there is a courtesan now ~10ft behind ameiko with a small tanto dagger in hand!

Heroes have a surprise round!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Enemies, Beware," Darhana shouted as she grabbed her bow and two arrows in one fluid motion that she had clearly done before. Without pause she put the two arrows on her bow and fired them at the courtesan.

Spoiler: OOC Darhana Surprise round
    Show

free action: draw bow (quick draw feat)
    standard action: fire two arrows (manyshot feat, 1 attack roll for both arrows): (1d20+16)[25]
    damage arrow 1: (1d8+4)[11]
    damage arrow 2: (1d8+4)[10]

22. - Top - End - #52

PirateGuy

Show
    Emika

Feeling faintly nostalgic at the events of the parade, Emika doesn’t spot the trouble coming before Darhana shouts her warning. Still unsure of where the threat is coming from, even as her companion is putting arrows to bow the fighter is moving to action.

Even as she quickly begins to cover the distance to where Ameiko stands, she sharply speaks a command. Numerous shards of metal begin to spill out of the pin of her cloak, swirling about her and growing in size in barely more than an instant. The whirling maelstrom of steel slams into place about her, the heavy plate mail of the other continent enclosing her body between one step and the next.

Planting herself protectively at Ameiko’s back, she snaps her fingers and wraps both hands around the long hilt of her nodachi as it materializes out of thin air. Her eyes dart about, hoping to determine if there’s more danger to them than the masked woman currently under assault from Darhana.

Spoiler: OOC Emika Surprise Round:
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+8)[21]
    Standard Action: Open Folding Plate
    Move Action: Move to point adjacent to Ameiko
    Free Action: Retrieve sword from Glove of Storing

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

SPELL SLOTS: 0: 5/5 | 1st: 5/6 | 2nd: 4/5 | 3rd: 3/3 | 4th: 1/1
    ARCANA POOL: 5 | CURRENT: 4 | BLACK BLADE POOL: 3 | CURRENT: 3
    ACTIVE EFFECTS: Keen (10 Rnds), Vanish (10 Rnds), Visualization of Body (Constitution)

Warned to the attacker's deception by his comrades, dropped the bolt of midnight blue silk he had been inspecting. He watched as Darhana, whose bow is drawn so quickly, so effortlessly, as to appear in her hand as if by magic, and snaps off two shots with a practised, serene grace. Emika moves quickly, summoning her arms and armor, to stand as an iron clad guardian beside Ameiko's side. Confident his allies were ready to defend their honored charge, it freed Zhou to pursue the paper and fabric dragon, which could conceal a half dozen more dragons.

Before the fluttering bolt of silk hit the pristine streets of Ordu-Aganhei, Tsu Yang Zhou's fingers moved through a series of complicated forms, a wave of energy concealed him from casual observation, while Mingxing, the broad jade lade leapt into his hand. Moving unseen, concealed by the shroud of sorcerous magicks, he moved unhindered through the crowd, slipping beneath the wood and fabric frame of the festive dragon to stand, unseen, beside Ameiko's would be assassins.

Spoiler: Out of Character Actions
    Show
    OOC: Swift Action: Expend 1 Arcane Pool to grant my sword Keen enhancement, for 1 minute, 10 rounds.
    Standard Action: Cast Vanish, rendering me Invisible for 10 rounds.
    Move Action. Move 30' adjacent to the Ninja beneath the dragon, any move he makes will provoke an AoO, since I am invisible he likely doesn't realize he is threatened.
    Free Action: Draw weapon, combined with move action.

Initiative check for Round 1: (1d20+7)[14]
    AoO (if triggered) (1d20+16)[27] vs AC; Crit confirmation (15+/x2): (1d20+16)[27], for (1d6+8)[10] damage, an additional (1d6+8)[9] on a crit.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-04-22 at 06:19 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Charles seemed to be enjoying the paper animal spectacle while talking with Lewis on the meaning behind the dance. Charles considering joining the dance but Lewis remimded him that they were there to fulfill an objective. The moment the two hear Darhana´s warning, Lewis jumps off Charles back to allow Charles to move more freely. An armor set appears over Charles´ clothes covering his chest, arms, knees and head.

Show

Charles will use one points of his arcane reservoir to use the armored mask as a stansdard action (+4 armr to AC). He will then use as an immediate action, a second point to also gain an effect similar to shield of faith (+3 deflect to AC). He should have 6 points from his arcane reservoir left.
    Spoiler: Stats
    Show

Charles Grysta
    Male NG Kitsune Arcanist 10, Level 10, Init 3, HP 54/54, Speed 30
    AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 12, CMD 17, Fort 6, Ref 9, Will 9, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 5
    +2 Quarterstaff 8 (1d6, x2)
    Natural Bite 5 (1d4, x2)
    (+2 Dex, +2 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 22, Wis 10, Cha 14
    Condition None

or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Chaos breaks out in the packed market square as the party of outsiders leap into action even as the unseen assassin approaches poor Amieko from behind and the ninja hidden under the dragon begin to throw off the silk and paper construction. Darhana is fast on the bow, a pair arrows thudding into the courtesan with devastating force leaving two arrows stuck out of her chest even as Ameiko squeaks in shock!

The shock is made worse as a in a swirl of metal shards Eimika is transformed from a non-threat into an armoured and armed figure clutching her nodachi in hand confronting the bleeding courtesan! Beside Emika her companion Tsu Yang vanishes and darts forward unseen although she trusts him to be somewhere useful. Behind Emika Charles also pauses, and armour spring into life around him as well.

Amieko is quick to act whipping out her rapier as she spins round, looking happily at Emika and Darhana as they shoot and interpose themselves between her and the would be assassin. She pauses for a moment before starting up a song in her quaint varisian/Tien accent as her voice carries the ballad of "Wu Xian and the 101 bandits" filling each of with courage. Beside her Shalelu steps back and fires a pair of arrows at the ninja appearing from under the paper dragon, one arrow striking true into one of the black clad warriors wrapped from head to to in smooth black silk.

The courtesan snarls at Emika and lunges with the dagger, a flicker of her hadn't as she seems to accelerate stabbing with blinding speed! The ninja from under the dragons all leap out, the lead one stumbling as Tsu Yang stabs him in the side! As the magus appears two of the ninja move to flank him, katana's flickering, the lead one and the leader with the ball both leap at Ameiko with determined ferocity, one swinging a long katana, the other seeking to sweep her off her feet with a long hooked blade on a chain, the final 2 step back, drinking small potions, their forms starting to blur and wobble being hard to track.

Courtesan: 21 - Spends a ki point and attacks Emika (1d20+11)[26] dam (1d8+1)[8] (1d20+11)[15] dam (1d8+1)[8]
    If hit Fort save DC 14 or (1d2)[2] Str damage

Ninja 1 (10): Move to attack Amieko (1d20+11)[27] dam (1d8+1)[4] + (4d6)[15] sneak
    Ninja 2: Move to attack Amieko (1d20+11)[26] dam (1d8+1)[9] + (4d6)[15] sneak
    Ninja 3: Move to attack Tsu Yang, spend ki for bonus attack (1d20+11)[18] dam (1d8+1)[8] + (4d6)[11] sneak (1d20+11)[22] dam (1d8+1)[4] + (4d6)[13] sneak
    Ninja 4 (11): Move to attack Tsu Yang, spend ki for bonus attack (1d20+11)[28] dam (1d8+1)[3] + (4d6)[13] sneak (1d20+11)[19] dam (1d8+1)[3] + (4d6)[12] sneak
    Ninja 5: drink potion of displaement
    Ninka 6: drink potion of displaement
    Dragon leader: does something mysterious

Go go players

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Standing in her stirrups, Darhana keeps up the shooting, concentrating at one person before switching to the next. As long as nobody is attacking her, she keeps shooting. Her first shot are two arrows again. Prancer keeps standing still, his ears flicking and looking around.

Spoiler: OOC Darhana round 1
    Show

I will do a full attack, shooting at the courtesan. If she's dead, I'll switch to ninja 1. I have the precise shot feet, so I can shoot in melee.
    I also have point blank shot, so if they are within 30ft, both to hit and damage are with an extra +1
    attack 1 (manyshot): (1d20+14)[26]
    damage arrow 1: (1d8+4)[6]
    damage arrow 2: (1d8+4)[6]

attack 2: (1d20+14)[33]
    damage arrow 1: (1d8+4)[7]

attack 3 (rapid shot): (1d20+9)[13]
    damage arrow 1: (1d8+4)[12]

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

HP: 83 (93) | CURRENT: 77 | AC: 23 | TOUCH: 13 | FLAT: 22 | CMD: 24 | FCMD: 23
    SPELL SLOTS: 0: 5/5 | 1st: 5/6 | 2nd: 3/5 | 3rd: 3/3 | 4th: 1/1
    ARCANA POOL: 5 | CURRENT: 4 | BLACK BLADE POOL: 3 | CURRENT: 3
    ACTIVE EFFECTS: Bane (1 Rnd), Keen (10 Rnds), Visualization of Body (Constitution)

Alerted only by Darhana's warning, Tsu Yang Zhou imagined an assassin hidden with the performers beneath the dragon facade, he was not expecting them to all to be assassins, similar to those dispatched during their stay in the Halls of the Linnorn Kings. He invoked the blessings of Tsukiyo, feeling the Moon lord's rage at the assassins, he sprung into action, slashing through the fabric of the dragon to swing at the closest assassin, as he did so his free hand released a scintillating cloud of green and silver motes of light, settling upon their attacks, illuminating their position for all of his allies to see.

Spoiler: Out of Character Actions Rnd 1
    Show
    OOC:
    Free Action: 5' step out of Flanking
    Swift Action: Activate Bane Baldric against Humanoids, Human (+2 attack, +2d6 damage vs humans)
    Full Action: 1st Attack vs Ninja 3: (1d20+14)[33] vs AC for (3d6+8)[23] damage. Critical confirm: Confirmation: 25 vs AC; for an additional 18
    2nd Attack vs Ninja 4: (1d20+9)[12] vs AC for (3d6+8)[16] damage.
    Off Hand, Spell Combat (Glitter Dust): Concentration to cast Defensively (1d20+14)[34] vs DC 19
    Glitter Dust: 20' diameter circle, targetted to catch Ninjas 3, 4, 5 & 6. Will save DC 14 vs Blind (save end of turn for next 10 rounds); -40 on Stealth checks (whether save successful or not)
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-04-26 at 09:01 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

PirateGuy

Show
    Emika
    HP: 84 | CURRENT: 76 | AC: 24 | TOUCH: 12 | FLAT: 22 | CMD: 26 | FCMD: 24

Hissing in pain as the woman’s dagger finds a less well defended point in her armour, Emika nonetheless spins away to deal with the pair of black-clad ninja as further arrows from her allies pepper the attacker.

Her companions are certainly used to it by now, but the manner in which she wields her oversized weapon isn’t particularly like that of a sword at all, oddly enough. Her stance and her propensity for using the weapon’s tip for causing damage is far more reminiscent of how one wields a polearm rather than a sword.

Not that it’s any less devastating as a result.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Fort Save DC 14: (1d20+10)[27]
    Free Action: 5’ step to engage ninja
    Full Action: Full Attack vs Ninja 1, Power Attack
    Attack1 (1d20+19)[27] Damage1 (1d10+20)[23]
    Attack2 (1d20+11)[23] Damage2 (1d10+20)[28]

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Charles decides to avoid letting himself open to attacks by using one of his special skills instead. He concentrates his magical energy and aims at on of the ninjas to release his special attack on him. He decides to attack one of the ninjas attacking Ameiko wanting to help her against the dire ganging up situation. "Please, please hit." he begs as he finally releases his attack.

Show

Charles uses a single arcane reservoir point to use the sonic blast exploit (5 left).
    He has to do a ranged touch attack against ninja 2. (1d20+7)[12]
    Damage (5d6+2)[21]
    If it hits, they have to make a fort save or be deafened for 1 minute.

Spoiler: Stats
    Show

Charles Grysta
    Male NG Kitsune Arcanist 10, Level 10, Init 3, HP 54/54, Speed 30
    AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 12, CMD 17, Fort 6, Ref 9, Will 9, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 5
    +2 Quarterstaff 8 (1d6, x2)
    Natural Bite 5 (1d4, x2)
    (+2 Dex, +2 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 22, Wis 10, Cha 14
    Condition None

or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

The market breaks out in screams and panic, crashes as stalls are overturned by the crowd fleeing as shouts and cries of terrror reverberate between the packed streets around the market. The crowd scatters around where the fight is happening as the ninja spin weapons and move to surround you all, but all moving in near complete silence, not a single word being uttered between them!

A few feet away even as the courtesan stabs and dances around the armoured Emika Darhana cooly launches a flurry of arrow at her that strike her three times knocking her sideways, its enough to distract her as Ameiko steps up by Emika and stabs her coldly with the rapier in the chest, the courtesan looks up at her as she falls forward, arrows still protruding from her back. By Emika Shalelu rolls backwards, vaulting over an upturned cart, skidding in a pool of steaming ramen broth and launching a pair of arrows at one of the ninja flanking Tsu, on of the shafts sinking deep into the man's shoulder. Emika turns to the ninja that had run up to her, spinning the long blade she delivers two devastating thrusts that topple the ninja to the ground where he bleeds silently to death. Tsu leaps backwards away from the ninja's savaging him, pausing only to deliver a brutal blow to one of the assailants and then in a whirl of shimmering glittery fog it envelops the four ninja, only the one nearest (3) to Tsu ducking out of the shimmering cloud, the other 3 shaking their heads, eyes blinded as they look left and right searching for danger...
    Even as the melee continues there is a boom of magic as a blast of raw magical power ripples from Charles hands but the ninja is able to duck low and narrowly avoid the bolt of raw magical power.

As EMika cuts down the nearest ninja the other that had engaged Ameiko switches and flickers her blade around seeking a weak point in Emika's spinning defence, the one that can still see rolls forwards out of the glitter lunging at Tsu with a pair of lightning slashes, trailing blood from the devastating wound that Tsu had delivered to him. The 3 blind ones tear and rub a their eyes as they freeze, ready to strike out of anyone tries to hit them. For Charles there is surprise as with a pulse of magic a last ninja appears as his invisibility drops some 20ft behind where the dragon had been, this ninja holding a short hanbo carved with glowing red runes gestures at Charles and a bolt of black light envelops him as he feels a bestial urge overcome him and terrfying fear so horiffic it may stop his heart

Ninja 2: vs Emika, Feint (1d20+13)[17], then attack (1d20+11)[24] dam (1d8+1)[2] + (4d6)[14] sneak if feint worked
    Ninja 3 (51) [glittery]: (1d20+11)[19] dam (1d8+1)[9] (1d20+6)[14] dam (1d8+1)[8]
    Ninja 4 (11) [blind]: Ready an attack
    Ninja 5: [blind] [displacement] Ready an atack
    Ninka 6 [blind] [displacement] Ready an Attack
    Dragon leader: Appear anc cast Phantasmal Killer at Charles Will DC 19, If fail then Fort DC19, Die or (3d6)[12]