Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bohandas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016

    Default Is there any way to make Youtube play all of a channel's videos in order?

    Is there any way to make Youtube play all of a channel's videos in order?
    Omegaupdate Forum

    WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

    PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

    Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

    Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

    If we shadows have offended, think but this, and all is mended. That you have but slumbered here, while these visions did appear, and this weak and idle theme, no more yielding but a dream. -Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 5, Scene 1

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Is there any way to make Youtube play all of a channel's videos in order?

    There might be an easier way, but you can basically add all the videos to a playlist in whatever order you like.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Is there any way to make Youtube play all of a channel's videos in order?

    In the channel page there should be tab called "Videos" which lists all their public uploaded videos AFAIK. You can sort this list by popularity or chronologically ascending or descending. There is also a button to "play all" presumably that would give you a play list in whatever sort order you had.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bohandas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016

    Default Re: Is there any way to make Youtube play all of a channel's videos in order?

    The play all button disappears for me when I sort the videos oldest first. Is thst normal or is something wrong with my browser?
    Omegaupdate Forum

    WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

    PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

    Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

    Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

    If we shadows have offended, think but this, and all is mended. That you have but slumbered here, while these visions did appear, and this weak and idle theme, no more yielding but a dream. -Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 5, Scene 1

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Iruka's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Is there any way to make Youtube play all of a channel's videos in order?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    The play all button disappears for me when I sort the videos oldest first. Is thst normal or is something wrong with my browser?
    I remember having this problem before when I wanted to watch through some long Let's play. That also happens on my Firefox. The youtube app even does not have a play all button. I guess they are not that interested in people watching old content.


    "Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Is there any way to make Youtube play all of a channel's videos in order?

    They're not interested in letting people directly watch what they want, rather than letting their algorithm point you to what they can charge the most ad revenue to. I'm betting that older content, that hasn't went viral at least, can't be charged to advertisers as much as new content.
    I haven't even been able to get it to play everything from a channel and not have it move to videos I've already watched rather than ones I haven't.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Is there any way to make Youtube play all of a channel's videos in order?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    The play all button disappears for me when I sort the videos oldest first. Is thst normal or is something wrong with my browser?
    No, same for me. You can sort it by popularity and play all or by newest and play all. But by oldest sort doesn't have a play all. Honestly, I suspect it's a developer oversight or bug.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Is there any way to make Youtube play all of a channel's videos in order?

    Quote Originally Posted by snowblizz View Post
    No, same for me. You can sort it by popularity and play all or by newest and play all. But by oldest sort doesn't have a play all. Honestly, I suspect it's a developer oversight or bug.
    No, that pretty much has to be intentional. It would be easier to keep a play all button for every type of sort than to selectively remove it or only add it for certain sort options.
    You have to remember that with a site like YouTube (and Facebook, instagram, and pretty much everything else that is free) that it means you are the product they are selling. So getting you to navigate more pages, and see more ads in the process is to their advantage.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Is there any way to make Youtube play all of a channel's videos in order?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    No, that pretty much has to be intentional. It would be easier to keep a play all button for every type of sort than to selectively remove it or only add it for certain sort options.
    You have to remember that with a site like YouTube (and Facebook, instagram, and pretty much everything else that is free) that it means you are the product they are selling. So getting you to navigate more pages, and see more ads in the process is to their advantage.
    Navigation doesn't show ads, playing videos do surely. Whichever way I play video youtube gets to put ads in front of and in between them.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2017

    Default Re: Is there any way to make Youtube play all of a channel's videos in order?

    Just a reminder that there are Adblockers which stops the youtube ad (I'm usin Adblock Plus but I'm sure there are others). I haven't seen an ad on Youtube in the past 5 years.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Is there any way to make Youtube play all of a channel's videos in order?

    Quote Originally Posted by Osuniev View Post
    Just a reminder that there are Adblockers which stops the youtube ad (I'm usin Adblock Plus but I'm sure there are others). I haven't seen an ad on Youtube in the past 5 years.
    Yup. Which is why am having trouble replying to something talking about ads because I don't see them on youtube. And I'm not about to turn off adblock.

    Last time I did it just because the tuber I was watching was making natural pauses for ads and I wondered if he was joking or if there was actually such a thing. Apparently you can somehow organise it that way. One the major issues I had with youtube ads was kicking in just as someone was making an interesting point or as frequently occurred right in the punchline of stand up comedians.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    georgie_leech's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Is there any way to make Youtube play all of a channel's videos in order?

    Quote Originally Posted by snowblizz View Post
    Yup. Which is why am having trouble replying to something talking about ads because I don't see them on youtube. And I'm not about to turn off adblock.

    Last time I did it just because the tuber I was watching was making natural pauses for ads and I wondered if he was joking or if there was actually such a thing. Apparently you can somehow organise it that way. One the major issues I had with youtube ads was kicking in just as someone was making an interesting point or as frequently occurred right in the punchline of stand up comedians.
    Along with whether/what kinds of ads, you can set where they play. There are defaults, so I wouldn't necessarily call malice on the part of said annoying ads, but it's not a great look when you can avoid that with a bit of work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    So a ranger is like a Bachelor of Applied Druidology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    What's the word for 'fear of being eaten by a mounted bear in half-plate' again? Because that's the one I have.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    United States
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Is there any way to make Youtube play all of a channel's videos in order?

    just go to a channel and add all the videos to the playlist. but i believe there's isn't a one tap solution for what you are looking for

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Is there any way to make Youtube play all of a channel's videos in order?

    Just because you're blocking ads doesn't change that a huge amount of the design of the site is based around them. They're designed to be annoying too. They consider it worth $12/month to remove them for a point of reference.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •