Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: UPick

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    ...you brought up how the cipher was probably forbidden and shouldn't be used after you broke the cipher and had that info, didn't you?
    That way you got the info about roles, but nobody else did. Neat.
    It's worse than that" I've known about the cipher rule since Corporate WW when Grek suggested a cipher plan. I left it unspoken until I had gained advantage from the cipher, and then after I mentioned it was againsy forum rules (albeit only a "Please Dont"), the cipher oost was deleted, oreventing anybidy else from getting that advantage.

Holding off like that is probably the scummiest thing I did this game?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #333
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Good game, everyone, especially AV.

I'm super curious if anyone has any ideas on what I could/should have done after Apogee died, either in terms of night actions or arguments I could have made during the day. I don't think there was any way to pull out a wolf victory after that, but maybe someone has better ideas than me.
    Definitely, like Jeen said, a lot of "if only" about what we could have done N1, but it's not like we had any way to know better, really.

@Book Wombat, I'm curious, did you happen to figure out what was going on there? Technically town could still have won if you and Xi both voted AV at the start of the day (and if Xi didn't kill you, obviously), but that seemed pretty unlikely since AV obviously had that post ready to make immediately.

As usual, I have many questions about Xihirli's decisions.

Here's the wolf QT. Almost a third of it is just me rambling to myself about how screwed I am.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    D3 started the same way, with me controlling the narrative and making the entire day about disintegrating Captain Cap and lynching Elenna. Even though it was obvious to everybody that Cap was innocent, even though I had personally vouched for his innocence the day before, nobody questioned me for killing him or told me not to do it.
    For what it's worth, it did occur to me that your decision to kill Cap was evidence that you were trying to prolong the game and therefore you were a serial killer. I didn't have much reason to argue against you doing so at first, though, since the obvious alternative was to disintegrate me.
    After that, if I'd opted to argue "AV is a serial killer, lynch her first" rather than "Xi is the real wolf", I definitely would have brought it up. But I didn't think that argument would work, because I figured from Town's perspective, if they lynched you, then I'd kill a townie that night and it would end in a tie. (Obviously I didn't know at the time that Xi had a kill.) So town was more likely to win by lynching me and hoping you were telling the truth. So instead I opted to argue that Xi was a wolf, and since I was hoping to get your vote, it seemed counterproductive to argue that you were an SK.

The "this will go wrong if Xihirli is a wolf, fair warning" part was genius in making people not think about whether there were any other flaws to your plan, by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Oh, yeah, Captain Cap also said you might be SK.
    So it wasn't just the wolves
    I think Xi also said AV might be SK at one point, but that was before AV killed Apogee, so *shrug*
    EDIT: Nevermind, Xi just said AV might be a townie, not specifically SK

For all I knew, her kill had just penetrated my exact protective ability. It turns out it didn't, but I wasn't going to take that chance. She needed to die that day.
    Oh, yeah, that makes sense - one of the reasons I was leaning towards you really being a survivor for a bit there was because you didn't jump on my No Lynch plan, when I figured a SK would want to extend the time that there were wolves alive to draw attention off.
    I really wouldn't have killed you, though. There were already too many townies I had to kill, why waste a kill on a neutral? Guess I know why now.

It's worse than that" I've known about the cipher rule since Corporate WW when Grek suggested a cipher plan. I left it unspoken until I had gained advantage from the cipher, and then after I mentioned it was againsy forum rules (albeit only a "Please Dont"), the cipher oost was deleted, oreventing anybidy else from getting that advantage.

Holding off like that is probably the scummiest thing I did this game?
    In retrospect I definitely should have copy-pasted the whole cipher post when I saw it, but it was 2am and I was on mobile and I didn't think it would be taken down...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    Eh, Flat out. I can continue being the role indefinitely, or change into a different role. Even being able to use the role's abilities on the same night I use my own. Baner stay on me.
    I like this post, but only if you know why I like this post.
    Hey AV, what was this about? I thought maybe it was a wink-wink-nudge-nudge acknowledgement about "yeah, now you know that I don't actually have NK-immunity", which is why I figured I could NK totadile (at least I was right about that). But apparently you really did have NK immunity so now I'm confused.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2021-03-27 at 01:58 PM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    @Book Wombat, I'm curious, did you happen to figure out what was going on there? Technically town could still have won if you and Xi both voted AV at the start of the day (and if Xi didn't kill you, obviously), but that seemed pretty unlikely since AV obviously had that post ready to make immediately..
    Not really, just thought that I was going to die soon.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Good game, everyone, especially AV.

I'm super curious if anyone has any ideas on what I could/should have done after Apogee died, either in terms of night actions or arguments I could have made during the day. I don't think there was any way to pull out a wolf victory after that, but maybe someone has better ideas than me.
    Definitely, like Jeen said, a lot of "if only" about what we could have done N1, but it's not like we had any way to know better, really.

@Book Wombat, I'm curious, did you happen to figure out what was going on there? Technically town could still have won if you and Xi both voted AV at the start of the day (and if Xi didn't kill you, obviously), but that seemed pretty unlikely since AV obviously had that post ready to make immediately.

As usual, I have many questions about Xihirli's decisions.

Here's the wolf QT. Almost a third of it is just me rambling to myself about how screwed I am.

For what it's worth, it did occur to me that your decision to kill Cap was evidence that you were trying to prolong the game and therefore you were a serial killer. I didn't have much reason to argue against you doing so at first, though, since the obvious alternative was to disintegrate me.
    After that, if I'd opted to argue "AV is a serial killer, lynch her first" rather than "Xi is the real wolf", I definitely would have brought it up. But I didn't think that argument would work, because I figured from Town's perspective, if they lynched you, then I'd kill a townie that night and it would end in a tie. (Obviously I didn't know at the time that Xi had a kill.) So town was more likely to win by lynching me and hoping you were telling the truth. So instead I opted to argue that Xi was a wolf, and since I was hoping to get your vote, it seemed counterproductive to argue that you were an SK.

The "this will go wrong if Xihirli is a wolf, fair warning" part was genius in making people not think about whether there were any other flaws to your plan, by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Xi also said AV might be SK at one point, but that was before AV killed Apogee, so *shrug*

Oh, yeah, that makes sense - one of the reasons I was leaning towards you really being a survivor for a bit there was because you didn't jump on my No Lynch plan, when I figured a SK would want to extend the time that there were wolves alive to draw attention off.
    I really wouldn't have killed you, though. There were already too many townies I had to kill, why waste a kill on a neutral? Guess I know why now.

In retrospect I definitely should have copy-pasted the whole cipher post when I saw it, but it was 2am and I was on mobile and I didn't think it would be taken down...

- - - Updated - - -

Hey AV, what was this about? I thought maybe it was a wink-wink-nudge-nudge acknowledgement about "yeah, now you know that I don't actually have NK-immunity", which is why I figured I could NK totadile (at least I was right about that). But apparently you really did have NK immunity so now I'm confused.
    D1 I baited the NK with my seer post. D2 I implied I was a baner/seer and had to choose, in an attempt to keep the NK targeted on me for towniecred. I implied a weakness to the orotection that didn't exist.

So then totadile comes up like "ive got AVs powers now. Baner, stay on me". And im here thinking "oh, hes trying to trick them into wasting the NK on him". So I publicly let him know that I know what hes doing by saying that. Prely for credit with townies of course
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-03-27 at 01:56 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

D1 I baited the NK with my seer post. D2 I implied I was a baner/seer and had to choose, in an attempt to keep the NK targeted on me for towniecred. I implied a weakness to the orotection that didn't exist.

So then totadile comes up like "ive got AVs powers now. Baner, stay on me". And im here thinking "oh, hes trying to trick them into wasting the NK on him". So I publicly let him know that I know what hes doing by saying that. Prely for credit with townies of course
    Oh lol nice. Two wrongs make a... right? Or something?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

7. - Top - End - #337
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Not really, just thought that I was going to die soon.
    Well, you weren't wrong.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

"The fact that she might be a seer is troubling. As she posted the WIFOM gif, I am more inclined to think she's lying, but that makes me more inclined to think she's telling the truth. Which I KNOW is what she wants. Urgh.... WIFOM antics."

A perfect summary. Trolled.

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, Unavenger was still playing?

In the back of my mind I was thinking of killing the narrator! That should ALWAYS be my go-to!

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/gAaXktDMA29FS

Here's a look at mine.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-03-27 at 02:44 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

10. - Top - End - #340
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

GG all and great job AV for winning as an SK.

If anyone ever claims neutral and has killing abilities town almost always has to kill them regardless of how townsiding they seem to be acting.

Mafia team was great to be with you guys. I think we all posted well just hard when we get one only nightkill off and have a total of three dayvigs + the eliminations that can be targeting us.
    Last edited by Apogee1; 2021-03-27 at 08:14 PM.