Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 340

Thread: UPick

  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: UPick

    DAY 2 END

    AvatarVecna voted ALEPH NULL
    Captain Cap voted ALEPH NULL
    Xihirli voted ELENNA
    Elenna voted ALEPH NULL
    Aleph Null TRIED TO VOTE FOR SOMEONE WHO WAS ALREADY DEAD
    totadileplayz voted ALEPH NULL
    Book Wombat voted ALEPH NULL

    Aleph Null received 5 votes.
    Elenna received 1 vote.
    One player tried to vote for someone who was already dead.

    Aleph Null died today. He was executed. Aleph Null's role was Vael'sekhariish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger
    Aleph Null, you are Vael’sekhariish, a member of the TOWN.

    You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one member of the town survives, even if that isn’t you.

    You have two abilities. One is passive, and one can be used at NIGHT. Additionally, you know that [Redacted] is a member of the MAFIA.

    Death Hunter (Priority 4): You can choose a target each night. If that target is [Redacted], they die. Otherwise, this ability does nothing.
    My One Weakness! (Passive): You are immune to being killed at NIGHT, except by [Redacted].
    NIGHT 2 START

    This night will end at 17:30 GMT, 23/03/2021.
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2021-03-23 at 04:22 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: UPick

    Huh, okay.

    Also, minor nitpick: The OP says "The execution vote will kill the person with the most votes, counting the last vote that is not crossed out." so shouldn't I be voting for Aleph Null?
    Doesn't change the result, I just wanted to double-check if I was misunderstanding that.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: UPick

    Why did not one listen to me when I said we should descend into madness and kill Elenna?
    Based on NOTHING!?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Why did not one listen to me when I said we should descend into madness and kill Elenna?
    Based on NOTHING!?
    Because generally speaking I've learnt not to listen to you and this Is my first game on mafia.

    - - - Updated - - -

    For this forum

    - - - Updated - - -

    No it's not serious it's more of a rub at the fact they seem to be oddly focused in on them being traitor or evil and taking pleasure in it.

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Huh, okay.

    Also, minor nitpick: The OP says "The execution vote will kill the person with the most votes, counting the last vote that is not crossed out." so shouldn't I be voting for Aleph Null?
    Doesn't change the result, I just wanted to double-check if I was misunderstanding that.
    Yes, this was a mistake. I fixed it.

    I try to double check the votes better than this when it's a close call, but it wasn't, so...

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: UPick

    NIGHT 2 END

    Hear ye, hear ye! Local reporter falls down drain, claims to have been "Role blocked"!

    Totadileplayz died today. They were buried under a pile of bones. Totadileplayz's role was Ben Tennyson.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger
    Totadileplayz, you are Ben Tennyson, a member of the TOWN.

    You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one member of the town survives, even if that isn’t you.

    You have one power.

    Omnitrix (Priority 2): Each NIGHT, you can name “[Redacted]”, “[Redacted]”, “[Redacted]”, “[Redacted]”, “[Redacted]”, “[Redacted]”, “[Redacted]”, “[Redacted]”, “[Redacted]” or “[Redacted]”. You gain most of their abilities, but lose any other abilities you gained this way. You actually target the player with that role, so bonus points if you make that work for you. Targeting yourself is probably pointless.

    You can use the Omnitrix the same night as using all the other abilities you stole, but you can only gain or use the powers of people who are still alive.
    DAY 3 START

    This day will end at 17:30 GMT, 25/03/2021.

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    NIGHT 2 END

    Hear ye, hear ye! Local reporter falls down drain, claims to have been "Role blocked"!

    Totadileplayz died today. They were buried under a pile of bones. Totadileplayz's role was Ben Tennyson.



    DAY 3 START

    This day will end at 17:30 GMT, 25/03/2021.
    This is unfortunate, but hopefully now people are convinced I'm not the one holding up the game. Different kill color, there's still mafia about.

    I'm working on some ISOs right now. My offer to use my kill power as a 2nd lynch stands. I got role name and power name from book wombat last night, but no alignment, and it matches what they've claimed publicly, so that's something at least.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Actually you know what screw ISOs, I'm an idiot. The kill fluff seals the deal for me.

    @CaptainCap

    D1, at around 2am my time, you me and totadile were up. You might have seen totadile make this massive post of ciphers, where each one had the target's role name as the keyword. The reason that post disappeared is because I solved all the ciphers in a half hour (that's what my "rubs temples" post is about). Anyway, if you saw that up, and then disappear, you know I'm not bluffing when I say I have significant reason to believe that I know all the role names this game started with. Here's my thing:

    The remaining role names are Eidolon, Anonymous Reporter, Baron Munchausen, Nico De Angelo, and Dead Poet Society Member.

    I am Eidolon, a Worm character who's abilities are to have three superpowers that are needed for the given situation, and who's more of a hero for the glory than the duty - hence why I'm a powerful neutral with three powers who just wants to survive (and why my kill requires me to take credit for it). Book Wombat is Anonymous Reporter - they've claimed as such, and my scry has detected as such. And if anybody is Dead Poet Society Member besides Xihirli, I'll eat my cape. Here's where it gets tricky: the vote manipulation ability could be feasible for either of the remaining characters (a bombastic baron and a pitiable teenage necromancer), but only the latter makes sense for the nightkill. And I don't know which of you and Elenna is which...but I don't think it actually matters.

    Here's my proposal: I kill one of you two, and if you flip town and the game continues, we lynch the other one. I'm inclined to disintegrate you, for two reasons: firstly, Elenna seems less than willing to trust me given my alignment, but I'm pretty sure you were up and saw the cipher-post so you know I'm not necessarily full of **** here. Secondly...you're just plain harder to lynch. It's cold practicality, but I don't wanna take the risk that we don't lynch you today in case a townie or two get cold feet/fail to post. And if you get disintegrated and it turns out you're town, you still win when we lynch Elenna. It's a win-win.

    So, Captain Cap: are you willing to do your part for town's victory?

    - - - Updated - - -

    The downside to this plan: if I'm dead wrong about Xihirli, then today we kill you+Elenna and you're both townies, Book Wombat dies in the night, and wolves+survivor win. Naturally, that's not a problem for me, but I feel I should make the possibility known to you.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Nothing currently. Maybe come start one?

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tuscany, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: UPick

    First of all, I think it's pretty clear what happened tonight: the (hopefully) remaining wolf attempted to void our reporter Book Wombat before murdering totadileplayz, who was too dangerous to be kept alive with a partial copy of AvatarVecna's powers.
    This means that the killer has at least 2 powers: roleblock and faction kill. Now let's look at the powers reveals so far.

    Player Powers Number
    CaomhinTheCape 1
    JeenLeen 1
    Apogee1 2
    Aleph Null 2
    totadileplayz 1
    Captain Cap 1?
    Xihirli 1?
    Book Wombat 1?
    AvatarVecna 3?

    As we can see, aside from the obviously special case of AvatarVecna, we have no evidence of more than 2 powers per player.

    If we consider Xihirli and Book Wombat cleared, then the remaining suspects are me and Elenna. However, given there is evidence of my vote manipulation power since Day 1, it seems that the only possible wolf with no more than 2 powers is Elenna.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Here's my proposal: I kill one of you two, and if you flip town and the game continues, we lynch the other one. I'm inclined to disintegrate you, for two reasons: firstly, Elenna seems less than willing to trust me given my alignment, but I'm pretty sure you were up and saw the cipher-post so you know I'm not necessarily full of **** here. Secondly...you're just plain harder to lynch. It's cold practicality, but I don't wanna take the risk that we don't lynch you today in case a townie or two get cold feet/fail to post. And if you get disintegrated and it turns out you're town, you still win when we lynch Elenna. It's a win-win.

    So, Captain Cap: are you willing to do your part for town's victory?
    But if you want to shoot me that's fine I guess. Honestly I'm pretty sure Xihirli is not a wolf, so there shouldn't be any problem.

    - - - Updated - - -

    At least let's hear first what everyone else has to say.

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    First of all, I think it's pretty clear what happened tonight: the (hopefully) remaining wolf attempted to void our reporter Book Wombat before murdering totadileplayz, who was too dangerous to be kept alive with a partial copy of AvatarVecna's powers.
    This means that the killer has at least 2 powers: roleblock and faction kill. Now let's look at the powers reveals so far.

    Player Powers Number
    CaomhinTheCape 1
    JeenLeen 1
    Apogee1 2
    Aleph Null 2
    totadileplayz 1
    Captain Cap 1?
    Xihirli 1?
    Book Wombat 1?
    AvatarVecna 3?

    As we can see, aside from the obviously special case of AvatarVecna, we have no evidence of more than 2 powers per player.

    If we consider Xihirli and Book Wombat cleared, then the remaining suspects are me and Elenna. However, given there is evidence of my vote manipulation power since Day 1, it seems that the only possible wolf with no more than 2 powers is Elenna.
    Devil's advocate: we don't know Xihirli's powers (and if she's to be believed, Xihirli doesn't even known Xihirli's powers), so the roleblocking could be something she did. Additionally, just going by pure numbers isn't the best way to do things. Totadile has one power that had a second passive power hidden inside (knowing all role names). Plus, wolf team thus far is looking at three powers total compared to town's...7? Plus whatever extra powers you, BW, and Xihirli might have? I could believe the third wolf has three powers, so going just off power numbers doesn't clear you or Elenna.

    I'd still like your comments on my plan.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    At least let's hear first what everyone else has to say.
    This right here is exactly why I didn't wanna just shoot you flat-out with my first post: I wanted to give you a chance to corroborate my story, and give everybody a chance to comment on things. Maybe they've got relevant info, who knows.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Nothing currently. Maybe come start one?

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: UPick

    My "Report" ability is my only one.
    Rule Number One: Do not steal cookies.
    Avatar by linkele!

    Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tuscany, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'd still like your comments on my plan.
    The only real downside I can think of is the one you have already pointed out, and as I said I consider the risk negligible. Maybe I don't really agree with me being the ideal target just because of my power: I don't see anyone forgetting to vote at this point and my power can't protect me from 3 votes.
    In a nutshell, I agree we should use the disintegration but I think the target should be chosen democratically.

    A note for town: if both me and Elenna die today (and one of us is the wolf) and somehow the game is still running, be ready to vote AvatarVecna the moment the day starts, because in that case she's likely a Serial Killer (or something along the lines) and if she's the first to vote town lose.
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2021-03-23 at 02:47 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    One player couldn't bring themself to vote for the beloved Captain Cap.
    I think this description would fit Baron Munchhausen better than Nico de Angelo. I'm guessing this means Elenna is a wolf.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-03-23 at 02:39 PM.
    Rule Number One: Do not steal cookies.
    Avatar by linkele!

    Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: UPick

    If thw game's still going after today, it's because of miss secret poetry powers, not because of me. But I'm with y'all: Xihirli doesn't feel scummy this game.

    Just waiting on Elenna's input at this point, although I can guess.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Nothing currently. Maybe come start one?

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: UPick

    Yeah, I'm okay with this "disintegrate Captain Cap" plan.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xihirli doesn't feel scummy this game.
    Then what am I even doing?
    And why do you think Dead Poet's Society Member is even a role in this game? Who would even think of something as random as that? A madwoman, surely.

    Elenna and disintegrate me AV.

    Come on, it’ll be funny.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-03-23 at 10:18 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: UPick

    Works for me then. Elenna since I imagine it'll be needed afterwards.

    DISINTEGRATE: CAPTAIN CAP

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Then what am I even doing?
    And why do you think Dead Zooey’s Society Member is even a role in this game? Who would even think of something as random as that? A madwoman, surely.

    Elenna and disintegrate me AV.

    Come on, it’ll be funny.
    Ah yes. Strategy does not bring joy. Memes bring joy. How could I forget.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Nothing currently. Maybe come start one?

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: UPick

    You won't see today's poem if I don't die!
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: UPick

    Captain Cap died today. He was disintegrated. Captain Cap's role was Baron Munchausen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger
    Captain Cap, you are Baron Munchausen, a member of the TOWN.

    You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one member of the town survives, even if that isn’t you.

    You have two powers: one is passive, and one works at NIGHT.

    Lucky Escape (Passive): You have a passive -1 to your vote total during the DAY, effectively meaning that if you have the most votes by 1 vote, the vote is resolved as though it were a tie, and if the vote really is a tie, you are safe from being executed.
    Face the Crocodile (Priority: 6): Once each NIGHT, you may choose an opponent to challenge. During the next DAY, only you and that target are valid targets for the day’s execution – players may not vote for anyone else, nor may they vote not to execute at all (if they do, it will count as NO VOTE). You can only use this ability successfully once ever, but it isn’t used up if you are roleblocked or your target is dead by the time you try to use it.
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2021-03-25 at 11:32 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: UPick

    Wait what? Okay, that was obviously not what I was expecting. I guess someone did an excellent job of lying.

    Here's the thing. You obviously all think I'm a wolf now. I'd think the same in your place. But I promise that if you lynch me now, town will lose.

    So here's my suggestion. We have four players now. If we No Lynch today, that gives us another night to use actions and confirm who the wolf is here. Even if the wolf NKs someone, we'll still be at 3 players tomorrow, so town will still control the lynch (I mean, assuming AV continues to help town, which is a whole other thing). You can lynch me tomorrow if you still want to. It gives an extra night of information, with no additional risk to town. Thoughts?

    (Also, Xihirli, if we did this you'd have time to use your last poem )

    - - - Updated - - -

    It would help if I actually voted No Lynch, wouldn't it.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Wait what? Okay, that was obviously not what I was expecting. I guess someone did an excellent job of lying.

    Here's the thing. You obviously all think I'm a wolf now. I'd think the same in your place. But I promise that if you lynch me now, town will lose.

    So here's my suggestion. We have four players now. If we No Lynch today, that gives us another night to use actions and confirm who the wolf is here. Even if the wolf NKs someone, we'll still be at 3 players tomorrow, so town will still control the lynch (I mean, assuming AV continues to help town, which is a whole other thing). You can lynch me tomorrow if you still want to. It gives an extra night of information, with no additional risk to town. Thoughts?

    (Also, Xihirli, if we did this you'd have time to use your last poem )

    - - - Updated - - -

    It would help if I actually voted No Lynch, wouldn't it.
    Wolf kill pierced the protection totadile should've had from copying my abilities. I can't say I'm in a particular mood to spare you for the lulz, especially since I know you're caught, and you know you're caught.

    But hey, maybe I'm wrong and you're not the last wolf. There's no way anybody but Nico De Angelo is responsible for the kill, and all other roles are obvious and confirmed from my perspective, but maybe I'm wrong. There's still 24 hours left. Make an argument for who you actually think is holding things up.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Nothing currently. Maybe come start one?

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: UPick

    Wait. Hold on. Elenna makes some good points.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Wolf kill pierced the protection totadile should've had from copying my abilities. I can't say I'm in a particular mood to spare you for the lulz, especially since I know you're caught, and you know you're caught.

    But hey, maybe I'm wrong and you're not the last wolf. There's no way anybody but Nico De Angelo is responsible for the kill, and all other roles are obvious and confirmed from my perspective, but maybe I'm wrong. There's still 24 hours left. Make an argument for who you actually think is holding things up.
    It's possible totadile didn't get the NK protection - his role says he gets "most powers", not "all powers", and a NK-immune townie seems excessively OP. Plus he implied that he wasn't NK-immune:
    Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    Eh, Flat out. I can continue being the role indefinitely, or change into a different role. Even being able to use the role's abilities on the same night I use my own. Baner stay on me.
    And in any case, why would the wolf target you tonight when they could target a townie? But I'll admit that the "town will win even if someone dies tonight" argument is less important to you than it is to townies.

    Regarding what's happening: Yes, I'm Nico di Angelo. (Unavenger spelled Nico's last name wrong ). That's why my response to your disintegration plan was later and so short - I wasn't sure whether to say something, knowing that part of your argument was wrong, but I didn't want to muddy the discussion when I knew I was town and I was pretty sure Cap was a wolf. So I spent some time thinking about that but decided not to say anything, probably that was the wrong decision.

    As for what I think happened, I have two theories. Not sure which one is more likely, which is part of why I want to get another night's worth of info.

    Theory 1
    We cleared Xihirli because Apogee targeted her N1, and it seems like there's no reason for a wolf to watch another wolf. But if you look at Apogee's power, you see that they would also get the power name of anyone targeting their target.
    You can target one player each night. You learn the name of the power they used and who they used it on, as well as the name of each power used on them.
    Apogee might have thought that a lot of people would target Xihirli due to her being hard to read - similar to the reason they publically gave for targeting Xihirli. I could see wolves hoping to get a lot of information that way, maybe enough to make up for not targeting a townie.

    Plus, "buried under a pile of bones" can fit a Dead Poets Society Member just as well as Nico.

    Theory 2
    If I'm recalling correctly, we only have BW's word on what their power actually does, right? Because AV only got the role and power name. I could definitely believe that a reporter would have the ability to change the fluff text for NKs, similar to how Jeen could choose what the fluff said. Admittedly this leaves the question of how there was a kill when BW was supposedly role-blocked, but if BW's power is related to what shows up in the narrator announcements, maybe they can fake that somehow.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    It's possible totadile didn't get the NK protection - his role says he gets "most powers", not "all powers", and a NK-immune townie seems excessively OP. Plus he implied that he wasn't NK-immune:


    And in any case, why would the wolf target you tonight when they could target a townie? But I'll admit that the "town will win even if someone dies tonight" argument is less important to you than it is to townies.

    Regarding what's happening: Yes, I'm Nico di Angelo. (Unavenger spelled Nico's last name wrong ). That's why my response to your disintegration plan was later and so short - I wasn't sure whether to say something, knowing that part of your argument was wrong, but I didn't want to muddy the discussion when I knew I was town and I was pretty sure Cap was a wolf. So I spent some time thinking about that but decided not to say anything, probably that was the wrong decision.

    As for what I think happened, I have two theories. Not sure which one is more likely, which is part of why I want to get another night's worth of info.

    Theory 1
    We cleared Xihirli because Apogee targeted her N1, and it seems like there's no reason for a wolf to watch another wolf. But if you look at Apogee's power, you see that they would also get the power name of anyone targeting their target.


    Apogee might have thought that a lot of people would target Xihirli due to her being hard to read - similar to the reason they publically gave for targeting Xihirli. I could see wolves hoping to get a lot of information that way, maybe enough to make up for not targeting a townie.

    Plus, "buried under a pile of bones" can fit a Dead Poets Society Member just as well as Nico.

    Theory 2
    If I'm recalling correctly, we only have BW's word on what their power actually does, right? Because AV only got the role and power name. I could definitely believe that a reporter would have the ability to change the fluff text for NKs, similar to how Jeen could choose what the fluff said. Admittedly this leaves the question of how there was a kill when BW was supposedly role-blocked, but if BW's power is related to what shows up in the narrator announcements, maybe they can fake that somehow.
    I'm not sure which is more of a stretch:

    1) that Book Wombat has one power detailing both their personal kill ability (which has variable fluff), and their "messing with the narration" ability (where one wolf had a single power all about their own kill, while another wolf had a kill power and a second power as two separate powers entirely), and that Book Wombat happened to get fluff that laser-focuses all attention on a necromancer character BW had no reason to believe existed because they weren't awake to decipher the message in the first place (unless you're proposing they also have a role name scry)...

    2) That "buried in bones" makes exactly as much sense as the fluff for a kill power for a poet as it does for a necromancer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I already suspect the answer, but do you have any ISOs or analysis to back up these claims?


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Nothing currently. Maybe come start one?

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: UPick

    Maybe I’m not a poet.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'm not sure which is more of a stretch:

    1) that Book Wombat has one power detailing both their personal kill ability (which has variable fluff), and their "messing with the narration" ability (where one wolf had a single power all about their own kill, while another wolf had a kill power and a second power as two separate powers entirely), and that Book Wombat happened to get fluff that laser-focuses all attention on a necromancer character BW had no reason to believe existed because they weren't awake to decipher the message in the first place (unless you're proposing they also have a role name scry)...

    2) That "buried in bones" makes exactly as much sense as the fluff for a kill power for a poet as it does for a necromancer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I already suspect the answer, but do you have any ISOs or analysis to back up these claims?
    1) Okay, yeah, I misremembered some things from D2 and I'm throwing out this theory. I thought for some reason that you only got Jeen's role name and not their power, so my thought process there was that BW had two powers - a variable fluff kill power and some other "messing with the narration" power - and you only saw the non-factional-kill powers. I also thought I had been more explicit about "my power gets stronger as more people die" but I actually said "my power gets stronger as the game goes on". Which is why I was under the impression that BW had enough information to frame me.

    2) It's a dead poet's society, specifically. And how would a poet even kill someone, stab them to death with a pen? While admittedly the image of Xihirli stabbing people with pens is amusing, if I were making up fluff for her kill I would have been looking at the "dead" part, and it's not too far from there to "buried in bones", specifically the bones of the dead poets. Maybe "fits just as well" was a bit of an exaggeration, but I maintain that it's a reasonable fluff for Xi's role to have.

    ---

    And no, I'll admit that I didn't have any ISO's done when I posted the above, it was mostly just speculating on how the last wolf had managed to hide. (Although I'll note that nobody's posted any analysis about me being a wolf, either - it's just process of elimination based on the assumption that Xi and BW are both innocent.) I did a look through the thread just now, but there isn't much, since there hasn't been much discussion either from or about Xi and BW.

    The couple quotes I did find interesting:

    Xi voting for Apogee, but before it looked like there was any chance of Apogee actually being lynched, and in a way that's fairly easy to retract later after Apogee explains their target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Pseudolynch vote on Apogee1 for targeting me under mysterious circumstances.
    Apogee trying to clear Xi (again, before it looked like there was much chance of Apogee being lynched).
    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Doesn't seem to be in the OP

    I have good reason for wondering this

    It might clear Xihirli
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: UPick

    I’m still not quite clear on where people got the idea that my title was “dead poet’s society member.” That’s such a specific thing to guess from a poem like Seize the Carp.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: UPick

    One power I would think a necromancer would have in WW/Mafia is to be able to use a power of someone who died. Would also fit what Elenna said about getting stronger as more people get killed.
    Baron Munchhausen, who is now dead, had the power to reduce the amount of votes on them by one.
    If Elenna is wolf, can copy powers of the dead and survives until tomorrow that would mean the votes will probably be Elenna 1 and Town 1, instead of it being Elenna 2 and Town 1 (assuming AV is going along with town for now).
    Probably better to lynch them today.

    Also, not sure if it's important but the first post hasn't been updated from Night 2 to Day 3.
    Rule Number One: Do not steal cookies.
    Avatar by linkele!

    Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    One power I would think a necromancer would have in WW/Mafia is to be able to use a power of someone who died. Would also fit what Elenna said about getting stronger as more people get killed.
    Baron Munchhausen, who is now dead, had the power to reduce the amount of votes on them by one.
    If Elenna is wolf, can copy powers of the dead and survives until tomorrow that would mean the votes will probably be Elenna 1 and Town 1, instead of it being Elenna 2 and Town 1 (assuming AV is going along with town for now).
    Probably better to lynch them today.

    Also, not sure if it's important but the first post hasn't been updated from Night 2 to Day 3.
    I wish, that sounds super OP. And if your theory were true, wouldn't wolf!me have used Jeen or Apogee's kill powers to hide the flavor?
    My power is to see all the past actions of dead people and their results. Could have been pretty useful for information gathering but unfortunately in this game it didn't mean much.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: UPick

    You know what, screw it, this isn't working.

    Yeah, I'm the last wolf, that was pretty obvious. My power is almost what BW was thinking, except that I can only use dead townies' powers once, which means I can't use passive powers like Cap's -1 to votes at all. However, instead of getting totadile's Omnitrix power, I got the active powers he had at death, i.e. AV's active powers. Which means I now have a oneshot dayvig.

    AV, if you want proof of this, your scry power is called "Detection". I can post the exact priority and power description if you want. I'd do the same for your dayvig but totadile already posted that.

    Of course, one dayvig isn't gonna do much against three people voting for me. But if even one person changed their vote, I could dayvig a townie and win.

    TL;DR: Hey, AvatarVecna, want to help me vote for Xi or BW and I can disintegrate the other one? For the lolz? We can kill everyone, it'll be fun
    I know you were worried about me killing you, but seriously, why would I do that when I'm trying to kill townies as fast as possible. If we do this right the game won't even get to night-time anyways.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: UPick

    That does sound kinda hilarious. Just hand victory to town on a silver platter, but yank it away at the last second? Lol.

    Because I'm already in a "game end at day end" situation, and I don't have any proof that changing my vote would still result in such a situation (since that depends on you also getting that kill to go through, and you might be lying), I'm gonna have to insist on the disintegration happening first.

    EDIT: Like, you've offered the right power name, and it sounds like you could give the power description too...but like, the first thing you described, where you know who dead people targeted and with what power, that could easily have given you that information too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I’m still not quite clear on where people got the idea that my title was “dead poet’s society member.” That’s such a specific thing to guess from a poem like Seize the Carp.
    I got the idea from totadile using all role names so far for keywords for his big cipher post that is now gone, and one of the only ones that has yet to be death-revealed was Dead Poet Society Member.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-03-25 at 10:51 AM.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Nothing currently. Maybe come start one?

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •