New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: UPick

1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: UPick

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    Maybe I haven't understood your doubt, but the idea IS to get you contact with town. This would be the way I imagined:
    • player X drops the hints
    • you guess the role
    • (difficult part) now you both could try to convey any kind of information in a way that only by knowing the role in question someone could get the meaning
    So no need to filter out mafia because it would be a one by one. Where I get the info and can relay it to others if and when appropriate. Cool.

- - - Updated - - -

It would have to be something universal but impregnable the vignere cypher works wonderfully in this regard as we simply use the character for the first message then send the encoded next word to use this would make it impregnable for anyone else who doesn't know the first word each time the other side sends a new word. And to encode and decode. It's one of the hardest to crack codes and is theoretically impossible to decode and doesn't add much hassle to either side.

https://cryptii.com/pipes/vigenere-cipher

We can simply use this site.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add no special characters and all in lower case.

- - - Updated - - -

This is assuming people think that's a viable play.

- - - Updated - - -

Best part about it? You dont even need to give any clues about your role I just need to give the 9 messages and you can just apply it to each one of them until you decode yours.

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest problem? We can't guarantee no one else doesn't know the roles or at least no one can find out about it.

2. - Top - End - #62

Planetar

Of course if the problem does exist then the problem would exist no matter the system we'd devise.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    The biggest problem? We can't guarantee no one else doesn't know the roles or at least no one can find out about it.
    That's definitely a risk, especially if there's a Devil around.

4. - Top - End - #64

Planetar

That's definitely a risk, especially if there's a Devil around.
    So as the proposed of the tactic. Do you think if I'm verified we should go about it or not?

From my perspective 4 characters really qualify as informative roles. This is me trying to stretch things and they have other roles that they could have and even if they are investigative they might not be able to acquire role names.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh right answer might very well be let the individual players decide. Write a unique message about each one. Then figure out what's up.

5. - Top - End - #65

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Since nobody's inactive anymore (even if Captain Cap isn't voting), I'm gonna switch my vote to Xihirli for the time being.

I'd also like an explanation from totadil on this.
    As promised, I've struck out the OMGUS vote. Going to temporarily go no vote until I can figure out dafuq is going on with y'alls and your code-encryption sites (?).
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

I don't know why, but I think more people have studied linguistics than I have.
    ...yes, the above sentence is in fact meaningless. But you did a double-take, didn't you?

6. - Top - End - #66

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph Null View Post
    As promised, I've struck out the OMGUS vote. Going to temporarily go no vote until I can figure out dafuq is going on with y'alls and your code-encryption sites (?).
    We know I have a role list because theres no reason for me to lie about that. This has caused Cap to suggest a way to use it to create a one on one conversation thread between me and the other town provided I hold out as town. I suggested an alternative that not only ensures it keeps the conversation encoded, but also ensures it's rather easy to decode for the people in the know. Namely the people who know what the roles in the list are.

7. - Top - End - #67

Planetar

We know I have a role list because theres no reason for me to lie about that. This has caused Cap to suggest a way to use it to create a one on one conversation thread between me and the other town provided I hold out as town. I suggested an alternative that not only ensures it keeps the conversation encoded, but also ensures it's rather easy to decode for the people in the know. Namely the people who know what the roles in the list are.
    So you'd encode the message using the player's role name?

But like, does the list of roles give you any clue what the character is? for example "Ben Tennyson" or "Shapeshifter" or both or neither?
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

I don't know why, but I think more people have studied linguistics than I have.
    ...yes, the above sentence is in fact meaningless. But you did a double-take, didn't you?

8. - Top - End - #68

Planetar

But like, does the list of roles give you any clue what the character is? for example "Ben Tennyson" or "Shapeshifter" or both or neither?
    It gives me the role name. Like Specifically Ben Tennyson there are only a couple that break that trend. Of those one of them isn't really a role.

- - - Updated - - -

But it very well may have been what someone sent as one of theirs.

- - - Updated - - -

So I have a strong suspicion that it's just the role name itself was weird which may have gotten me the wrong impression. This is why this idea works. Because encoding and decoding based on a key only two people know about is practically the same as having individual quick topics between me and everyone else. Which is incredibly invaluable even if I can't guarantee if someone is specifically town or wolf.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add so long as they can trust me the conversation network can quickly be spread to have on one's with literally everyone. Provided the mafia don't have the role list.

- - - Updated - - -

Provided they do it greatly limits the effect however it still requires mafia to decode literally every single message.

- - - Updated - - -

Needless to say since that's really my special ability. I'm going to start those message directories day 1 people can use them or not however they wish after that.

- - - Updated - - -

But I'll want to be on my computer for that and so it will be in 4ish hours.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have a town lean on totodile and a vague town lean on Xi (though I have been wrong before).

Going through the thread with comments:

The Book Wombat wagon seems legit. Or at least, not especially Wolfly or Townie. There's no reason for Wolves to rush to build a wagon on so early on Day 1, but they wouldn't necessarily shy away from it.

I can't decide on Apogee, I feel like Apogee is playing different from usual somehow but I can't tell if that makes me lean town or wolf.

I'm jumping to a conclusion about someone's role but... I'm not sure it fits the player...

Oh. Got partway through analyzing my own post before I realized it was me. Nice.

I'm not as worried about totodile unvoting without commenting. I did that my first game here, so I don't hold it against him (especially Day 1).

For late day vote movement, AV could have tied with Captain Cap but instead moves her vote to Xi. Aleph then drops off of AV to no vote. Wild theory, but possibly Wolves working together to save AV?

as for totodile's plan, i like it, assuming we can trust totodile. JUst have to decide whether or not we should.

I don't really agree with choosing No Vote but I'm not going to harp on it too much for being Day 1. We do have less than 24 hours left, so if any players on the chopping block really don't want to die, they should maybe start thinking about traditional claims to stay alive.

Vote List:
    totadileplayz (1): Apogee1
    AvatarVecna (2): JeenLeen, Xihirli
    Xihirli (2): totadileplayz, AvatarVecna
    CaomhinTheCape (1): Elenna
    Captain Cap (2): Book Wombat, CaoimhinTheCape
    No Vote: Captain Cap, Aleph Null

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    For late day vote movement, AV could have tied with Captain Cap but instead moves her vote to Xi. Aleph then drops off of AV to no vote. Wild theory, but possibly Wolves working together to save AV?
    Your theory is that wolf!Aleph voted to put their wolf-buddy in the lead a good ways into D1, and then wolf!AV and wolf!Aleph both changed their votes in a way that doesn't change the fact that AV is the current person who's going to get lynched?

EDIT: And not only that, but wolf!AV was also voting their wolf-buddy?

Like idk man, the explanation where AV was voting an inactive, the inactive OMGUS voted AV back, then AV moved vote off the no-longer-inactive (as is standard policy for votes that push inactives to post), then the no-longer-inactive moved their vote off AV (as they literally said they would do) just seems pretty plausible to me.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-03-16 at 06:31 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #71

Planetar

I honestly am town reading two of the leads namely AV and Captain, and think at the very least they should survive one more day. Too bad I literally can't do anything about that.

But Captain was the one who came up with the idea, and all I did was refine the one on one convo's. I don't see why wolves would do so unless they specifically know the role list and even then it would still be a pain.

AV is someone I just have only vague feelings about nothing they've done would indicate evil to me and it seems like they helped town. Thus I think they're likely to be town.

I may very well be wrong but it's what I feel right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Now if my single vote was all that mattered? I'd vote apogee they are purposefully elusive about their reasoning and they seem to be fixated on a point to the ignorance of everything else. The person who I most suspect to be mafia right now is them.

- - - Updated - - -

I do admit though it may very well be because they struck at me that I have inbuilt distrust to them. It's completely possible however it's the best thing I've got. I dont know how to vote red on them, and I'd rather try to keep my town reads alive then try to go after something that might just be hurt feelings.

12. - Top - End - #72

Your theory is that wolf!Aleph voted to put their wolf-buddy in the lead a good ways into D1, and then wolf!AV and wolf!Aleph both changed their votes in a way that doesn't change the fact that AV is the current person who's going to get lynched?

Like idk man, the explanation where AV was voting an inactive, the inactive OMGUS voted AV back, then AV moved vote off the no-longer-inactive (as is standard policy for votes that push inactives to post), then the no-longer-inactive moved their vote off AV (as they literally said they would do) just seems pretty plausible to me.
    I don't know, feels like a galaxy brain play to me

But yeah, I wasn't really committed to the theory (hence the lack of vote). I'll retract that theory then.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I honestly am town reading two of the leads namely AV and Captain, and think at the very least they should survive one more day. Too bad I literally can't do anything about that.

But Captain was the one who came up with the idea, and all I did was refine the one on one convo's. I don't see why wolves would do so unless they specifically know the role list and even then it would still be a pain.

AV is someone I just have only vague feelings about nothing they've done would indicate evil to me and it seems like they helped town. Thus I think they're likely to be town.

I may very well be wrong but it's what I feel right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Now if my single vote was all that mattered? I'd vote apogee they are purposefully elusive about their reasoning and they seem to be fixated on a point to the ignorance of everything else. The person who I most suspect to be mafia right now is them.

- - - Updated - - -

I do admit though it may very well be because they struck at me that I have inbuilt distrust to them. It's completely possible however it's the best thing I've got. I dont know how to vote red on them, and I'd rather try to keep my town reads alive then try to go after something that might just be hurt feelings.
    Congrats I'm going to have a hard time voting you ever after this last page anyways

May or may not go into more about why atp (we love vagueness here but really I'm just mad tired after writing 17 pages of application today)

If it makes you feel better being vague was just an attempt to get people to engage

Because I've just come off of a couple of mafia games on other sites that have hundreds of posts per player over 4 days so reading into exceedingly small amounts of content is draining

I say as I am producing an exceedingly small amount of content

I thought your response was ~reasonable to the unvote and like, something that was worth pressuring early on

But since then I think a few things around how you've structured the code thing is unlikely to come from a wolf

Less in-so-much that no wolf on this site given a list of player names would try to use it as an in-thread neighborhood with a code although I do think that has some merit as a line

More kinda how you've workshopped it idk I think a wolf would be more "I'm just doing this here" or "wow look at how pro-village I'm being with a network" and you've fallen into the happy villagery medium between them

Then your "save townreads" line resonated hard

Guess I ended up explaining this anyways

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways

Captain Cap

Let's break top wagons and see what happens

Of the three I'm going here because the shade on totadil into the hedgy behavior around no vote struck me as uh bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Also maybe this is a really dumb read.

But it feels really compelling in my head and I think it is like, parallel to what I was saying above.

The amount of -update- tags present in todil's posts regarding the mechanics plan indicates he hadn't thought it out in a wolfchat and was just a villager excited to think through and end up posting about what he saw as a way to do something useful

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Aleph

You've got any thoughts on player alignments at this point?

- - - Updated - - -

I have a town lean on totodile and a vague town lean on Xi (though I have been wrong before).

Going through the thread with comments:

The Book Wombat wagon seems legit. Or at least, not especially Wolfly or Townie. There's no reason for Wolves to rush to build a wagon on so early on Day 1, but they wouldn't necessarily shy away from it.

I can't decide on Apogee, I feel like Apogee is playing different from usual somehow but I can't tell if that makes me lean town or wolf.

I'm jumping to a conclusion about someone's role but... I'm not sure it fits the player...

Oh. Got partway through analyzing my own post before I realized it was me. Nice.

I'm not as worried about totodile unvoting without commenting. I did that my first game here, so I don't hold it against him (especially Day 1).

as for totodile's plan, i like it, assuming we can trust totodile. JUst have to decide whether or not we should.
    Generally vibe with this.

Three questions -- for Book Wombat by "legit" and "not especially wolfy or towny" you are referring to the people on the wagon correct? Does this lead you to a conclusion on Wombat?

Can you clarify the bolded above?

And the vanity question can you elaborate on the differently?

- - - Updated - - -

The last question isn't just vanity by the way I'm actually interested in your thought process regarding how I'd be different

For what it means for you not for me

14. - Top - End - #74

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Also maybe this is a really dumb read.

But it feels really compelling in my head and I think it is like, parallel to what I was saying above.

The amount of -update- tags present in todil's posts regarding the mechanics plan indicates he hadn't thought it out in a wolfchat and was just a villager excited to think through and end up posting about what he saw as a way to do something useful
    I do have to say. I love this. I dont know why but I really liked it, and felt like reading this over and over again. It made me smile. Now I don't know if it is a dumb read or not, but at least I can tell you you pretty much hit the nail on the head for me. That pretty much was my thought process, every single time I had something new to add I'd just create a new post and it would update my previous one.

Also, a couple more thoughts. Once the neighborhood is set up there are multiple things you can do.
    1) Change the cypher for a specific duo this greatly complicates the care the mafia would need to do while being relatively easy to keep up with. Make sure it's a hard one not a simple letter shifter, engima is a good one.
    1a) Even if you keep with the same cypher you can add extra characters like numerals or @ and special characters just don't include space and you're golden.
    2) remember my plan for the script is to change the code every post, simply put infuriation is a solid tactic against wolves. If they can't make themselves read it because it's too much of a hassle all the better, and it's harder on people who have the full list then those who only have a partial one.
    3) I am definitely going to be target killed tonight what ever protects are in the game please protect me tonight.
    4) The most important thing is trust. You don't need to trust someone you haven't vetted so feel free to hold off until tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

And don't forget #5
    Keep using it. Talk one on one with the most mundane topics. The more posts there are that shift the code the harder it gets on the scum's end to keep up with.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

If I read things right, Captain Cap is currently the only wagon with 3 votes.

I've got a strong town read on AV and totaldileplayz. Don't 100% trust my read on AV since she's AV, but it's pretty strong, so I'm going to move my vote lest last minute votes on her get her lynched.
    But I admit it's hard to figure out who to vote for.

Sometimes late D1, I like to think about whose death will yield the most information regardless of how they flip. If they flip wolf, maybe we have an idea about co-conspirators or confirm someone as town. If they flip town, it might give someone else a town or wolf lean. I don't really see that with most anyone right now. Well, with the exception that some deaths could potentially prove or disprove some elements of the theory Cao proposed then retracted, but AV noted its weaknesses, I don't feel compelled to use my vote to put that to the test:

I'm a little leery about the No Votes, but they don't seem overtly suspicious (and Captain Cap is the lead wagon anyhow).
    Some of the stuff CaomhinTheCape has said sounds a touch iffy, namely what AV said (although I admit he retracted that theory) and the self-reference to his own post. Even without those, though, sorta a gut feeling.
    So I'm good with a second vote on CaomhinTheCape. I doubt his wagon will overwhelm Captain Cap's, but if it does, that might yield some info. If he does flip wolf, I think his comments could be reread in that light and might reveal something.

FUNNY SIDE NOTE: Aleph Null and totaldileplayz have the same avatar. When I was reading the posts at first, I got confused because I didn't realize it was two people talking to each other instead of one person making multiple posts.

It would have to be something universal but impregnable the vignere cypher works wonderfully in this regard as we simply use the character for the first message then send the encoded next word to use this would make it impregnable for anyone else who doesn't know the first word each time the other side sends a new word. And to encode and decode. It's one of the hardest to crack codes and is theoretically impossible to decode and doesn't add much hassle to either side.

https://cryptii.com/pipes/vigenere-cipher

We can simply use this site.
    @Unavenger: would use of this site be allowed?
    It does seem a potentially useful tool and doesn't have the same workload that private QuickTopics generate, but at a metagame level I'm against using another software/website as I fear the use of it might explode akin to how private QuickTopics.

16. - Top - End - #76

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    @Unavenger: would use of this site be allowed?
    It does seem a potentially useful tool and doesn't have the same workload that private QuickTopics generate, but at a metagame level I'm against using another software/website as I fear the use of it might explode akin to how private QuickTopics.
    Actually I specifically asked him already and he said it was alright.

In response to me apologizing and explaining why I was going ahead with that plan. He responded with...

No need to apologise - I appreciate the amount of thought that's going into this.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said even if that's not allowed the cypher I enlisted is a basic one that anyone can do.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

In response to me apologizing and explaining why I was going ahead with that plan. He responded with...

No need to apologise - I appreciate the amount of thought that's going into this.
    Oh, cool!
    I'm still cautious about this from an overarching metagame perspective (that is, how it'll impact games on this forum in the long run), but it sounds useful enough that I'm willing to participate for this game. And I guess we can't really know the potential downsides without testing it first.

18. - Top - End - #78

Planetar

All it is is addition and subtraction where each letter is treated as a number.

It would actually become even harder on the wolves if no one was allowed to use outside site aid.

- - - Updated - - -

Now if you find you can't find your role among them please inform me. I can think of relatively easy ways to fix it.

19. - Top - End - #79

WolfInSheepsClothing

Please use they/them pronouns for me, thanks.

Use of a website that does nothing but make vigenere ciphers easier to do is fine. Apart from anything else, there's no meaningful way to prove that you used the site rather than just manually working out the cipher.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Moving my vote off Caoimhin as they've posted.

totadile's posts, especially about the code strategy, sound genuinely like someone thinking through the strategy as they write. That isn't necessarily a sign of a townie, but I think a wolf would be more likely to discuss the strategy with fellow wolves first. Town lean.

AV is impossible for me to read as always.

I'm not a fan of Cap's no vote. Town needs the information from having someone lynched today, and I feel like Cap's been playing here long enough to know that. OTOH, it's a bit too wolfy to be a wolf - it seems pretty rare for a wolf to deliberately no vote, since it is obviously going to draw attention and suspicion, and D1 it's generally not hard for a wolf to find a reason to vote a townie. Plus Cap came up with the original idea to communicate through role names, wgich seems helpful and townie. Gonna look at Cap again if it turns out that some of the top wagons when he no-voted were wolves, but I'll refrain from voing him right now.

Aleph Null said they were temporarily not voting until they figured stuff out, but hasn't posted since. That seems a little more subtle than just straight out not voting, and therefore more likely to possibly be a wolf play. Plus, unlike Cap, they haven't posted anything particularly useful or much real analysis that I can recall. Aleph, got any thoughts now that you've had time to think about it?
    Last edited by Elenna; 2021-03-17 at 11:28 AM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Also, a couple more thoughts. Once the neighborhood is set up there are multiple things you can do.
    1) Change the cypher for a specific duo this greatly complicates the care the mafia would need to do while being relatively easy to keep up with. Make sure it's a hard one not a simple letter shifter, engima is a good one.
    1a) Even if you keep with the same cypher you can add extra characters like numerals or @ and special characters just don't include space and you're golden.
    2) remember my plan for the script is to change the code every post, simply put infuriation is a solid tactic against wolves. If they can't make themselves read it because it's too much of a hassle all the better, and it's harder on people who have the full list then those who only have a partial one.
    3) I am definitely going to be target killed tonight what ever protects are in the game please protect me tonight.
    4) The most important thing is trust. You don't need to trust someone you haven't vetted so feel free to hold off until tomorrow.
    [deleted cipher message]

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Moving my vote off Caoimhin as they've posted.

totadile's posts, especially about the code strategy, sound genuinely like someone thinking through the strategy as they write. That isn't necessarily a sign of a townie, but I think a wolf would be more likely to discuss the strategy with fellow wolves first. Town lean.

AV is impossible for me to read as always.

I'm not a fan of Cap's no vote. Town needs the information from having someone lynched today, and I feel like Cap's been playing here long enough to know that. OTOH, it's a bit too wolfy to be a wolf - it seems pretty rare for a wolf to deliberately no vote, since it is obviously going to draw attention and suspicion, and D1 it's generally not hard for a wolf to find a reason to vote a townie. Plus Cap came up with the original idea to communicate through role names, wgich seems helpful and townie. Gonna look at Cap again if it turns out that some of the top wagons when he no-voted were wolves, but I'll refrain from voing him right now.

Aleph Null said they were temporarily not voting until they figured stuff out, but hasn't posted since. That seems a little more subtle than just straight out not voting, and therefore more likely to possibly be a wolf play. Plus, unlike Cap, they haven't posted anything particularly useful or much real analysis that I can recall. Aleph, got any thoughts now that you've had time to think about it?
    *ponders options*

*makes some notes*

*ponders options*
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-03-17 at 02:03 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

*rubs temples*

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #83

Planetar

*rubs temples*
    Of Course, we can just rely on no one else having a role list, and my not complete certainty on it being perfectly accurate is just my personal worries.

- - - Updated - - -

...Yeah, I'm doing something wrong, let's just go with Avatarvecna's idea, but then how would other players connect? Hmm, what I gave is a simplistic procedure. Yeah that works. I'm sorry.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

I'm actually gonna go ahead and delete the ciphers I made, and I won't be using this strategy going forward. Regardless of how it affects this game (whether through the already-existing effect it's had on the game, or on further use), the use of ciphers is against forum rules and I'm closer to consequences than I'd prefer to be.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-03-17 at 02:02 AM.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #85

SwashbucklerGuy

Overall, I thought this was worth discussing and I'd like to hear the opinion of others before voting totadileplayz or anyone else.

NO VOTE (assuming this is legal)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    I'm not a fan of Cap's no vote. Town needs the information from having someone lynched today, and I feel like Cap's been playing here long enough to know that.
    To be fair, as I explained in my comment the NO VOTE was more of a placeholder in expectation of further discussion. However, I honestly feel the NO EXECUTION option wouldn't be inherently bad in this kind of game: I mean, this is not a vanilla game in which town has no powers and so no other way to get info; here everyone has a power, and there's a good chance there are a few pro-town intel-gatherers; moreover, we have the possibility of using the TennetworkTM (idea vastly improved by totadileplayz's proposed mechanism, thank you) to get further insights and build a towncore.
    Thus, in this case, not only the Day 1 execution has the ordinary greater chance of offing a townie, but it could kill someone important (like an intel-gatherer) and inevitably reduce the size of the network, making it easier for a Devil to crack it.
    I'm not saying it's a totally bad idea (lynching someone, despite the drawbacks, could still beneficial overall), but I wouldn't be so fast to discard the NO EXECUTION option.

We do have less than 24 hours left, so if any players on the chopping block really don't want to die, they should maybe start thinking about traditional claims to stay alive.
    I... don't think I like this? Claiming a role in a game in which the roles are not tied to the faction? I don't see any benefit (at least at the moment) that would compensate giving away powers to the wolves.

Then there are the "wild theory" about AvatarVecna and Aleph Null (dropped with no hesitation whatsoever) and that strange comment about his own post. Why even make those points?

That's not a lot to go by, but if we really want to lynch someone (and, I repeat, it's worth debating if we really want it) CaohiminTheCape seems a good choice, especially if we agree with JeenLeen's reasoning about his death yielding potential info.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote List:
    Aleph Null (1): Elenna
    Xihirli (2): totadileplayz, AvatarVecna
    CaomhinTheCape (2): JeenLeen, Captain Cap
    Captain Cap (3): Book Wombat, CaoimhinTheCape, Apogee1

No Vote: Aleph Null
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2021-03-17 at 02:45 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86

Planetar

Yep, rendered invalid specifically because of forum rules. Ah well fun idea while it lasted. Guess my powers really are useless after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Dissappointing but true, ah well. It really was an unfair advantage. Guess, I shouldn't have been so excited about that prospect to begin with.

27. - Top - End - #87

SwashbucklerGuy

I'm actually gonna go ahead and delete the ciphers I made, and I won't be using this strategy going forward. Regardless of how it affects this game (whether through the already-existing effect it's had on the game, or on further use), the use of ciphers is against forum rules and I'm closer to consequences than I'd prefer to be.
    Typing Incoherently/Foreign Languages
    This is an English-speaking forum. With the exception of text-only translations of the comic or other specifically authorized exceptions, please use English only on this forum. While an occasional word or phrase is acceptable, entire posts, conversations, or threads in languages other than English will be scrubbed or closed.

A forum is a written medium and people have to read what you write. Chat speak, l33t speak, encrypted/enciphered text, and anything that has to be "translated" falls into this area. You may have something incredible to say, but it won't be read if you use "m8" and "pwn3d" as every other word in a post. The occasional typo or confusion regarding spelling is understood and expected, but at least take a moment to read over a message before you post it.
    Oh well... that's a pity.
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2021-03-17 at 02:24 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Yep, rendered invalid specifically because of forum rules. Ah well fun idea while it lasted. Guess my powers really are useless after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Dissappointing but true, ah well. It really was an unfair advantage. Guess, I shouldn't have been so excited about that prospect to begin with.
    It's not necessarily useless, particularly if you only know role names but not who they're connected to. In a game like this, people might be inclined to hint at their role or roleplay a bit - heck, that got three of caught before you made your power-claim. If you'd kept quiet about your role/power, you probably could've figured out who is who, and used this to analyze whether that person's public claims about their power usages makes sense for the character you think they are. I know I'm certainly going to be using that to my advantage.

and FWIW the rule is more of a "please dont" than an "instant ban". Of course, "mea culpa" is more severe (breaking the rules while knowing you're breaking the rules) so... >.>

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #89

SwashbucklerGuy

It could actually still be possible to make use of it for communication, for example by using meaningful words with second hidden messages to convey the intended information, but of course it would require a greater amount effort, both to produce the text and "decipher" it.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

- - - Updated - - -

The longer this is going on, the more I trust you. So I want you to be aware of two things:

1) I don't have any information that I couldn't have gotten through other means prior to endgame.

2) The question in my first cipher message wasn't a general question, it was a power targeting question.

My Homebrew