Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 340

Thread: UPick

  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: UPick

    I should clarify I'm more saying that aspect of my power is useless as I played it. Or well squandered should be more accurate I do have another aspect namely my night time ability which I still think is useful.

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: UPick

    Towniest to wolfiest IMO:

    totadileplayz
    Elenna
    Book Wombat
    Apogee1
    Aleph Null
    JeenLeen
    Xihirli
    Captain Cap
    CaoimhinTheCape
    AvatarVecna

    And now time for a bigbrain move:

    *takes out megaphone*

    Attention, town! I am in possession of a night-scry that can detect alignment!

    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-03-17 at 11:29 AM.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Xihirli's Yu-Gi-Oh!

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tuscany, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: UPick

    Given not much is happening and everyone is going to discover it anyway if the situation remains as it is, I'll warn you to avoid future surprises: right now, with the current votes (unless voting manipulation powers I'm not aware of are in play), CaoimhinTheCape is the one set to be lynched, not me.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: UPick

    "The occasional word or phrase is acceptable" so you should theoretically be fine just making very short ciphers, always in context, I would imagine, but I don't really want tactical advantages to be given by how close you're willing to stand to the line, so Imma just say avoid ciphers from here onwards. It's a pity, 'cause it was a neat idea!

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: UPick

    Oh, well, that's unfortunate about the ciphers. It was a cool idea, though!
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Laniakea Supercluster
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Towniest to wolfiest IMO:

    totadileplayz
    Elenna
    Book Wombat
    Apogee1
    Aleph Null
    JeenLeen
    Xihirli
    Captain Cap
    CaoimhinTheCape
    AvatarVecna

    And now time for a bigbrain move:

    *takes out megaphone*

    Attention, town! I am in possession of a night-scry that can detect alignment!

    Inconceivable!

    Uh, yeah, I fell asleep. I was a bit under the weather yesterday so sorry about my inactivity

    Still not fully sure how I feel about everyone, but then again I suck at reading people in general, so there's that.
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Generally vibe with this.

    Three questions -- for Book Wombat by "legit" and "not especially wolfy or towny" you are referring to the people on the wagon correct? Does this lead you to a conclusion on Wombat?

    Can you clarify the bolded above?

    And the vanity question can you elaborate on the differently?

    - - - Updated - - -

    The last question isn't just vanity by the way I'm actually interested in your thought process regarding how I'd be different

    For what it means for you not for me
    The Book Wombat point was regarding the people voted against Book Wombat. The votes don't feel like wolves trying to push a wagon, but I'm not ready to say it was all town. For what it is worth, I have no opinion on Book Wombat.

    Bolded parts:

    There is one player's post that pinged to me as weird (not my own). Based on what might be clues in the person's post, I have a possible idea of their role. The assumed role does not fit my idea of what the person would choose.

    My own post... I just started analyzing myself before realizing I wrote the words.

    I cannot say how you are different this game. If I could put words to it I would, but not sure. Just a different vibe maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    FUNNY SIDE NOTE: Aleph Null and totaldileplayz have the same avatar. When I was reading the posts at first, I got confused because I didn't realize it was two people talking to each other instead of one person making multiple posts.
    There's a few of us this game with duplicate avatars.


    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    I... don't think I like this? Claiming a role in a game in which the roles are not tied to the faction? I don't see any benefit (at least at the moment) that would compensate giving away powers to the wolves.

    Then there are the "wild theory" about AvatarVecna and Aleph Null (dropped with no hesitation whatsoever) and that strange comment about his own post. Why even make those points?
    You don't like someone claiming so they won't be lynched? Even in games without open setups, a doctor or other power role would claim so that they can possibly live and still help the town. You're gonna hate the bit below this then.

    I mean, I dropped the AV/Aleph idea cause I wasn't all that committed to it. I just found the two votes so close to each other that I thought it was worth pointing out. The comment on my own post... yeah, that was useless so I could have taken it out.





    I would really rather not die, so my role is You Meddling Kids! My ability (called And I Would Have Gotten Away With It Too!) is a roleblock. Even if totodile can't prove alignment, he should be able to verify the role is on the list.

    So, please don't lynch me. I'm not gonna be around too much before deadline so for now I'll keep my vote on Captain Cap for a chance at self preservation. I don't have any other strong leads, though I will join a wagon on someone else rather that me. For the sake of analyzing votes later, I'd be curious where the people not on me or Captain Cap would rather vote.






    Vote List:
    Aleph Null (1): Elenna
    AvatarVecna (1): Xihirli
    Xihirli (1): totadileplayz
    CaomhinTheCape (3): JeenLeen, Captain Cap, AvatarVecna
    Captain Cap (3): Book Wombat, CaoimhinTheCape, Apogee1

    No Vote: Aleph Null

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: UPick

    I have reason to believe that role is in the game.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Xihirli's Yu-Gi-Oh!

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    I would really rather not die, so my role is You Meddling Kids! My ability (called And I Would Have Gotten Away With It Too!) is a roleblock. Even if totodile can't prove alignment, he should be able to verify the role is on the list.
    I can guarantee this is one of those that really made me question. A) my role list's validity. B) is actually on my role list. C) I figured it would be a trapper or a spy.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: UPick

    So, since you're online totodile, what do you think of my alignment (not my role)? I would like to see the people not on myself or CC make a decision before one of us flips.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Laniakea Supercluster
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    The Book Wombat point was regarding the people voted against Book Wombat. The votes don't feel like wolves trying to push a wagon, but I'm not ready to say it was all town. For what it is worth, I have no opinion on Book Wombat.

    Bolded parts:

    There is one player's post that pinged to me as weird (not my own). Based on what might be clues in the person's post, I have a possible idea of their role. The assumed role does not fit my idea of what the person would choose.

    My own post... I just started analyzing myself before realizing I wrote the words.

    I cannot say how you are different this game. If I could put words to it I would, but not sure. Just a different vibe maybe?



    There's a few of us this game with duplicate avatars.




    You don't like someone claiming so they won't be lynched? Even in games without open setups, a doctor or other power role would claim so that they can possibly live and still help the town. You're gonna hate the bit below this then.

    I mean, I dropped the AV/Aleph idea cause I wasn't all that committed to it. I just found the two votes so close to each other that I thought it was worth pointing out. The comment on my own post... yeah, that was useless so I could have taken it out.





    I would really rather not die, so my role is You Meddling Kids! My ability (called And I Would Have Gotten Away With It Too!) is a roleblock. Even if totodile can't prove alignment, he should be able to verify the role is on the list.

    So, please don't lynch me. I'm not gonna be around too much before deadline so for now I'll keep my vote on Captain Cap for a chance at self preservation. I don't have any other strong leads, though I will join a wagon on someone else rather that me. For the sake of analyzing votes later, I'd be curious where the people not on me or Captain Cap would rather vote.






    Vote List:
    Aleph Null (1): Elenna
    AvatarVecna (1): Xihirli
    Xihirli (1): totadileplayz
    CaomhinTheCape (3): JeenLeen, Captain Cap, AvatarVecna
    Captain Cap (3): Book Wombat, CaoimhinTheCape, Apogee1

    No Vote: Aleph Null
    Alright well I guess Captain Cap hasn't defended himself really yet so I'll put the pressure on.
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: UPick

    To complete my callout: Elenna, Xihirli, and Aleph haven't committed to either wagon. Not sure what Captain Cap's powers are but my guess is that we're tied now (barring other powers). Tie rules means I'll still die.

    - - - Updated - - -

    There's also the option that CC's ability is to ensure he wins ties.

    Vote List:
    Aleph Null (1): Elenna
    AvatarVecna (1): Xihirli
    CaomhinTheCape (3?): JeenLeen, Captain Cap, AvatarVecna
    Captain Cap (4): Book Wombat, CaoimhinTheCape, Apogee1, totadileplayz

    No Vote: Aleph Null

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: UPick

    I'd like to hear from Captain Cap before EoD. The two of you are about the same level of suspicion in my eyes.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Xihirli's Yu-Gi-Oh!

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: UPick

    I Can't see caoimhinthecape having anything sus posted, all of it seems to be coming from a town perspective.

    Now, Frankly Speaking Captain cap is less suspicious in my eyes, I Doubt he even knew about the rule, as I didn't he was the one who came up with it in some form, and while his idea wasn't exactly like mine is solid evidence to why I actually don't see him as a wolf either.


    Honestly, I doubt either one of you are a wolf, and if one of you do get lynched today my suspicion for the end result is going to be a town dies.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Towniest to wolfiest IMO:

    totadileplayz
    Elenna
    Book Wombat
    Apogee1
    Aleph Null
    JeenLeen
    Xihirli
    Captain Cap
    CaoimhinTheCape
    AvatarVecna

    And now time for a bigbrain move:

    *takes out megaphone*

    Attention, town! I am in possession of a night-scry that can detect alignment!

    I Do have to say that you should think of yourself as the towniest no matter your actual alignment, because you know your own role and alignment. If You're scum you'll still want to present yourself as town, so having the no duh I see myself as town deal makes sense. Or Just not include yourself.

    Frankly speaking, I See you as the towniest person here for one simple reason. You've done something no sane wolf would ever do, you had no impetus to do so. The only thing that cancels it out is the fact you did point out something to be invalid. Now, Frankly speaking I'd probably target inactives they are a wolves best hiding space, and without extra ideas about who can be wolves they are the best place to ensure we're not wasting days.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    I Can't see caoimhinthecape having anything sus posted, all of it seems to be coming from a town perspective.

    Now, Frankly Speaking Captain cap is less suspicious in my eyes, I Doubt he even knew about the rule, as I didn't he was the one who came up with it in some form, and while his idea wasn't exactly like mine is solid evidence to why I actually don't see him as a wolf either.


    Honestly, I doubt either one of you are a wolf, and if one of you do get lynched today my suspicion for the end result is going to be a town dies.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I Do have to say that you should think of yourself as the towniest no matter your actual alignment, because you know your own role and alignment. If You're scum you'll still want to present yourself as town, so having the no duh I see myself as town deal makes sense. Or Just not include yourself.

    Frankly speaking, I See you as the towniest person here for one simple reason. You've done something no sane wolf would ever do, you had no impetus to do so. The only thing that cancels it out is the fact you did point out something to be invalid. Now, Frankly speaking I'd probably target inactives they are a wolves best hiding space, and without extra ideas about who can be wolves they are the best place to ensure we're not wasting days.


    I would think you would want Captain Cap and I lynched for being around and present in the early hours this morning. Certainly the fact that he didn't comment on stuff is a big part of why I'm considering lynching him myself.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    I Do have to say that you should think of yourself as the towniest no matter your actual alignment, because you know your own role and alignment. If You're scum you'll still want to present yourself as town, so having the no duh I see myself as town deal makes sense. Or Just not include yourself.

    Frankly speaking, I See you as the towniest person here for one simple reason. You've done something no sane wolf would ever do, you had no impetus to do so. The only thing that cancels it out is the fact you did point out something to be invalid. Now, Frankly speaking I'd probably target inactives they are a wolves best hiding space, and without extra ideas about who can be wolves they are the best place to ensure we're not wasting days.
    Oh don't mind me, that's a little joke I make to myself when I put together a scumread list. The short explanation for the joke is if you place yourself in your own read list, nobody is going to take it seriously anyway, so it doesn't matter if you townread or scumread yourself. Like if you say "I'm obviously the most townie person here because I know for sure that I'm town", but a wolf could just as easily say that with a straight face so that's not gonna convince anybody. So instead, I have a little chuckle to myself by declaring that I'm the scummiest person in the game.

    I agree that I've done a couple things that are very...not good moves for a wolf to make. But I think you're going to change your mind on my towniness going forward. Just a pattern I've noticed in games.

    I agree with you regarding targeting inactives. I have little patience for people who volunteer to play and then don't play, and it's an easy way for wolves to hide, so I'd rather off inactives if I don't have a better idea of who to take out.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-03-17 at 10:03 AM.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Xihirli's Yu-Gi-Oh!

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I would think you would want Captain Cap and I lynched for being around and present in the early hours this morning. Certainly the fact that he didn't comment on stuff is a big part of why I'm considering lynching him myself.
    Honestly, I simply chalked that up as time zones, and sleep habits.

    Though you do have a fair point. But, In the end you're giving too much credit to my eyes. Scum especially on the first day, should be able to post relatively freely they need to keep certain things in mind, but it gives fairly free town cred. As more time progresses and more information is revealed they'd need to stick with a similar behavior they had, while trying to keep their scum mate and themselves alive.

    So really, I don't actually see it, and frankly speaking what you've done today, basically ensures I'll never vote against you unless damning proof is shown. That being said everyone else's impressions are more vague. I don't like Apogee's vagueness sure, but they seem to be useful to keep alive as it were. The one person who I see as sus today just from their behavior is Xihirli. I don't know why, but I get the impression they should just be more active, but they've just been quiet.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tuscany, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    You don't like someone claiming so they won't be lynched? Even in games without open setups, a doctor or other power role would claim so that they can possibly live and still help the town. You're gonna hate the bit below this then.
    I didn't like you pushing people to claim when in this kind of game that wouldn't generally help determining the alignment (exactly as in your case).
    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    I would really rather not die, so my role is You Meddling Kids! My ability (called And I Would Have Gotten Away With It Too!) is a roleblock. Even if totodile can't prove alignment, he should be able to verify the role is on the list.
    For all we know, you could potentially be a wolf roleblocker. Given I can't be sure about your alignment and you're the only other competing wagon, I'm going to leave the vote where it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Certainly the fact that he didn't comment on stuff is a big part of why I'm considering lynching him myself.
    What exactly should I have commented on?
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2021-03-17 at 10:32 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: UPick

    I will say that Xihirli's actions so far are in line with what I've come to expect from her D1: scattered RP posts with little substance, and fewer of them than I'd like.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Xihirli's Yu-Gi-Oh!

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Attention, town! I am in possession of a night-scry that can detect alignment!
    Yeah, that WIFOM gif pretty much sums up how I feel about this.

    Re: Caoimhin's claim, the problem with claiming in this game is that, as Apogee said, he could just as easily be a wolf roleblocker. Or a wolf telling the truth about his role name but not about his power.
    Claiming to avoid the lynch can be useful in this game, if the claimed power is strong enough that people won't want to risk losing it. I'm not convinced a town roleblocker is that strong, though. If they block a wolf, that's one thing, but in a lot of cases they would have a high chance of blocking a townie and thus actually being a hinderance to town.

    So, yeah, this doesn't really make me give Cao any more townie points. As before, I think Cao is wolfier than Cap, because of Cap suggesting the cipher idea (yes, it didn't work out, but it was still a good idea that could have helped town quite a bit.)

    I still wish Aleph was more active, but at this point I'm not sure if it's a wolfy thing or just Aleph's playstyle. I'd rank Aleph as slightly more wolfy than Caoihmin, but not much more, and Cao's lynch would give more information, so I'm switching to CaoimhinTheCape.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    To complete my callout: Elenna, Xihirli, and Aleph haven't committed to either wagon. Not sure what Captain Cap's powers are but my guess is that we're tied now (barring other powers). Tie rules means I'll still die.

    - - - Updated - - -

    There's also the option that CC's ability is to ensure he wins ties.

    Vote List:
    Aleph Null (1): Elenna
    AvatarVecna (1): Xihirli
    CaomhinTheCape (3?): JeenLeen, Captain Cap, AvatarVecna
    Captain Cap (4): Book Wombat, CaoimhinTheCape, Apogee1, totadileplayz

    No Vote: Aleph Null
    Also Caoimhin used me as the vote on captain cap, while Aleph Null was the one that voted for him.

    CaomhinTheCape
    I can't let a possible wolf play slip.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: UPick

    25 minutes remaining, I believe...anybody got anything interesting to say?


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Xihirli's Yu-Gi-Oh!

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    Also Caoimhin used me as the vote on captain cap, while Aleph Null was the one that voted for him.

    CaomhinTheCape
    I can't let a possible wolf play slip.

    Not quite sure how that was a wolf play, but ok. I just got confused with the same avatar.


    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    For all we know, you could potentially be a wolf roleblocker. Given I can't be sure about your alignment and you're the only other competing wagon, I'm going to leave the vote where it is.
    I can understand this argument, but I don't see how a town power role staying quiet helps the town either if they just roll over and take the lynch.


    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    I'm not convinced a town roleblocker is that strong, though. If they block a wolf, that's one thing, but in a lot of cases they would have a high chance of blocking a townie and thus actually being a hinderance to town.
    As soon as we get down to 1 Wolf, I become a sort of seer. I block someone and if a Wolf kill comes up we know my target is innocent. Even before that, I'm happy to let the town vote on who I should block (which has its pros and cons) or just elect not to block if you'd prefer.



    I don't see anything changing in the next few minutes, but consider tying me and cap if you want to test out his claim (that I'd be lynched over him).



    Vote List:
    AvatarVecna (1): Xihirli
    CaomhinTheCape (5?): JeenLeen, Captain Cap, AvatarVecna, totadileplayz, Elenna
    Captain Cap (4): Book Wombat, CaoimhinTheCape, Apogee1, Aleph Null

    No Vote:

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    I still wish Aleph was more active, but at this point I'm not sure if it's a wolfy thing or just Aleph's playstyle. I'd rank Aleph as slightly more wolfy than Caoihmin, but not much more, and Cao's lynch would give more information, so I'm switching to CaoimhinTheCape.
    I know that Jeen mentioned the idea of my lynch helping earlier, but what will you learn when I flip? Who will that point you toward?

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Laniakea Supercluster
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Yeah, that WIFOM gif pretty much sums up how I feel about this.

    Re: Caoimhin's claim, the problem with claiming in this game is that, as Apogee said, he could just as easily be a wolf roleblocker. Or a wolf telling the truth about his role name but not about his power.
    Claiming to avoid the lynch can be useful in this game, if the claimed power is strong enough that people won't want to risk losing it. I'm not convinced a town roleblocker is that strong, though. If they block a wolf, that's one thing, but in a lot of cases they would have a high chance of blocking a townie and thus actually being a hinderance to town.

    So, yeah, this doesn't really make me give Cao any more townie points. As before, I think Cao is wolfier than Cap, because of Cap suggesting the cipher idea (yes, it didn't work out, but it was still a good idea that could have helped town quite a bit.)

    I still wish Aleph was more active, but at this point I'm not sure if it's a wolfy thing or just Aleph's playstyle. I'd rank Aleph as slightly more wolfy than Caoihmin, but not much more, and Cao's lynch would give more information, so I'm switching to CaoimhinTheCape.
    Less play style and more lack of time LOL (I'm an engineering student, it's a miracle I get time to post at all)
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Not quite sure how that was a wolf play, but ok. I just got confused with the same avatar.
    You know there are a lot of small plays wolves can do to add additional shade to someone in preparation of the future, for instance. Aleph Null would have been seen not voting if people looked at the past, and could have lead people to see him as an inactive town that didn't even vote on day 1 something pretty much everyone should do. This could have caused problems for him in the future and would have made a train in the future be more possible against him. I know this, because I've seen this happen before. Heck, I was even caught up in it. Now, while that may seem rather sus, to the person pushing them, it can easily be cited as a mistake if it's revealed, that's why it can be so effective if played well. Is it a mild sus read? Yes, yes it is. But, it's the only sus read I have right now.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: UPick

    DAY 1 END

    Please wait for votes to be counted.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: UPick

    Cao pushing the idea that Cap is a vote-manipulator/tie-winner seems to just be grasping at straws for why Cap wasn't quite as gung-ho about avoiding the lynch as Cao was. My gut is saying Cao's the votemanip/tiewinner and is pushing for a tie so that he can live an extra day.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Xihirli's Yu-Gi-Oh!

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Cao pushing the idea that Cap is a vote-manipulator/tie-winner seems to just be grasping at straws for why Cap wasn't quite as gung-ho about avoiding the lynch as Cao was. My gut is saying Cao's the votemanip/tiewinner and is pushing for a tie so that he can live an extra day.
    Below are the quotes that led me to believe CC had vote manip powers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    Vote List:
    Aleph Null (1): Elenna
    AvatarVecna (1): Xihirli
    Xihirli (2): totadileplayz, AvatarVecna
    CaomhinTheCape (2): JeenLeen, Captain Cap
    Captain Cap (3): Book Wombat, CaoimhinTheCape, Apogee1

    No Vote: Aleph Null
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    Given not much is happening and everyone is going to discover it anyway if the situation remains as it is, I'll warn you to avoid future surprises: right now, with the current votes (unless voting manipulation powers I'm not aware of are in play), CaoimhinTheCape is the one set to be lynched, not me.
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Towniest to wolfiest IMO:

    totadileplayz
    Elenna
    Book Wombat
    Apogee1
    Aleph Null
    JeenLeen
    Xihirli
    Captain Cap
    CaoimhinTheCape
    AvatarVecna

    And now time for a bigbrain move:

    *takes out megaphone*

    Attention, town! I am in possession of a night-scry that can detect alignment!

    This post tied us up just before CC's final post saying that I would be lynched not him.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: UPick

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    As soon as we get down to 1 Wolf, I become a sort of seer. I block someone and if a Wolf kill comes up we know my target is innocent. Even before that, I'm happy to let the town vote on who I should block (which has its pros and cons) or just elect not to block if you'd prefer.
    Do if we know if the mafia kill is factional (and thus not done by anyone in particular, can't be voided, can't be seen by watcher/tracker) or if a member of the mafia picks someone to do the action?
    I skimmed the opening rules and don't see that stated explicitly. While it's reasonable that a townie would assume it's an action by a specific player, especially in a power game, doesn't look great that you didn't double-check with Unavenger (though perhaps you asked if your power could stop NKs. That seems a reasonable question to have asked in your QuickTopic.)

    I know that Jeen mentioned the idea of my lynch helping earlier, but what will you learn when I flip? Who will that point you toward?
    I realize you are asking Elenna, but I'll answer:
    I admit nothing strong comes to mind immediately. I was mainly thinking that, if as your wagon grew, others moved onto Captain Cap to protect you, and you flipped wolf, we'd learn something. But that didn't happen. Some of your statements seems a little iffy, and there was a scenario where I saw your death yielding useful intel (even if it didn't manifest, at least if you flip town), and I had no better choices. Not strong reasons, but strong enough for D1.

    I'm sure that, if you flip wolf, there's probably something to parse out of your statements. If you flip town, some suspicion on those who voted you (and I'm remembering I'm one of those), but it doesn't really tell us much unless one of your counter-wagons turns out to be a wolf (e.g., maybe someone voted you to protect their buddy).

    I'd also like to hear if Elenna had a specific thing in mind. Though, given how close we are to Day's end, might be best for her to wait to answer until Day 2 starts lest that help the wolves decide who to target.


    EDIT/APOLOGY: Day One ended while I was writing the above. Sorry, Unavenger.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2021-03-17 at 12:38 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: UPick

    AvatarVecna voted CAOMHINTHECAPE
    Captain Cap voted CAOMHINTHECAPE
    Xihirli voted AVATARVECNA
    Elenna voted CAOMHINTHECAPE
    CaomhinTheCape voted CAPTAIN CAP
    JeenLeen voted CAOMHINTHECAPE
    Aleph Null voted CAPTAIN CAP
    totadileplayz voted CAOMHINTHECAPE
    Book Wombat voted CAPTAIN CAP
    Apogee1 voted CAPTAIN CAP

    AvatarVecna recieved 1 vote.
    CaomhinTheCape recieved 5 votes.
    Captain Cap recieved 3 votes.
    One player couldn't bring themself to vote for the beloved Captain Cap.

    CaomhinTheCape died today. He was executed. CaomhinTheCape's role was You Meddling Kids!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger
    CaomhinTheCape, you are You Meddling Kids!, a member of the TOWN.

    You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one member of the town survives, even if that isnít you.

    You have one power.

    And I Would Have Got Away With It Too! (Priority 1): You can foil someoneís evil schemes each night, negating their action this turn. Evilness of schemes may vary.
    NIGHT 1 START

    This phase will end at 17:30GMT 19/03/2021.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: UPick

    Oh I thought EOD was another hour oops

    Let me catch up real quick then see what happens with the flip

    - - - Updated - - -

    Well there's the flip

    Let's see the context

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •