New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: UPick

1. - Top - End - #241
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: UPick

Also AV Jeenleen is scum. He was just killed.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    Wait it's apogee who claimed that they knew about the specific target thing right?
    You're mixing up avatars, I think. Aleph Null is the one who claimed to know that Light Yagami is a definite mafia member.

- - - Updated - - -

Also AV Jeenleen is scum. He was just killed.
    I'm aware. That's why I'm speculating about the Xihirli thing. Xihirli being scum only makes sense for a very convoluted set-up that seems impossibly unfair to town.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #243

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    You're mixing up avatars, I think. Aleph Null is the one who claimed to know that Light Yagami is a definite mafia member.
    Right Yeah, Sorry. But I'm going to take the Disintegration as definitive proof i'm Town. Since Green is Town.
    And Yeah, Third Scum who? We've just eliminated 2 now let's find the last. Also I suspect since I actually learned about that aspect, it's not that I don't get all the powers, It's just that I don't know about the ones I can't know about off the bat. Since The Matter Disintegration is obvious, but the revealing I'm town isn't.

Suspects
    Captain Cap
    Xihirli
    Elenna
    Aleph Null
    Book Wombat

Cleared (Literally mechanically cleared. )
    Totadileplayz

- - - Updated - - -

I Must Apologize, but I'm never ever transforming again. Because it would be insane to do so.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Right Yeah, Sorry. But I'm going to take the Disintegration as definitive proof i'm Town. Since Green is Town.
    And Yeah, Third Scum who? We've just eliminated 2 now let's find the last. Also I suspect since I actually learned about that aspect, it's not that I don't get all the powers, It's just that I don't know about the ones I can't know about off the bat. Since The Matter Disintegration is obvious, but the revealing I'm town isn't.

Suspects
    Captain Cap
    Xihirli
    Elenna
    Aleph Null
    Book Wombat

Cleared (Literally mechanically cleared. )
    Totadileplayz
    JeenLeen's power was definitely responsible for the kill, and I actually now understand why I was targeted: wolves wanted me dead, but wanted to dodge any banes, and that was the actual purpose of JeenLeen's ability. The whole thing about being a beast was a bluff. Mind you, I still think you personally took a huge risk by disintegrating him without knowing that for sure.

I know you're town, and you know I'm neutral. Neither of us can be a third wolf.

Xihirli is clear in my mind. Apogee targeted them, and that targeting was made public. It only makes sense if it's distancing, but that would require Xihirli's power to make certain things public. (Which...she did have a public thing as part of the EoN1 text, but I don't think that's proof that scum!Xihirli and scum!Apogee were using it on purpose to distance.)

Captain Cap, I'm still really feeling like they're town. JeenLeen's actions look like very obvious distancing with Captain Cap, and that makes me think that it's JeenLeen trying to make us think he's distancing from Cap (in effect, putting Cap in his own pocket, so that we lynch Cap by mistake). But I can't be sure, cuz it could just be wolves panic-distancing.

Aleph Null...I'm not sure about. On the one hand, if they're scum, they hardcore threw JeenLeen under the bus instead of arguing against my rather absurd power claims. On the other hand, their character is completely made up so it's difficult to know if their power claims make sense for the character. And while they've made power claims, those power claims would be very convenient for a townie and very inconvenient for a wolf (can only be killed by the lynch, has a nightkill that can literally only target scum). I still feel weird about shooting here though, since they were pretty helpful in getting the wolves taken out.

Book Wombat dropped off the face of the earth for most of D2 so far. Literally no idea what to make of them.

Elenna, I'm worried about. Let's speak a bit frankly tot: you know her role name, I know her role name, and we both know the other knows her role name. There's a very obvious power that role could have that doesn't usually get a big spotlight. She's claimed to have a very powerful power, and that obvious power that fits her role could very easily be quite powerful indeed. The thing is, that power in the hands of town is potentially extremely dangerous for scumteam in the case of sour grapes, while in the hands of scum, it's a very potent information-gathering power (especially if town doesn't know that a scumplayer has it). If elenna is that role, and has that power, and is scum, that's pretty dangerous for town. That being said, Elenna's actions haven't really given me any reason to suspect her.

What are your thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

I Must Apologize, but I'm never ever transforming again. Because it would be insane to do so.
    I can't say I'd do anything else in this situation. You really hit the jackpot copying my powers.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

(There's also an edge-case where scum!Apogee deliberately targeted scum!Xihirli with a "know target's power name and target" scry, but the only reason to do that is if Apogee didn't actually trust that Xihirli was a scumbuddy instead of a spy? Or maybe it was deliberate misdirection - Apogee knowing that their scry would be made public knowledge, and they targeted Xihirli as a subtle distancing ploy? But I don't see anything in Apogee's power that would indicate they should've expected their power targeting would be publicly known, so there'd need to be some other wolf involved, and now we're getting into a 3-wolf team set-up that doesn't even involve JeenLeen.)
    Not in Apogee's power, but given how the result of Night 1 were presented, it wouldn't surprise me if Xihirli's powers have something to do with the targeting made public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Apogee1 seen targeting Xihirli last night!

And on the pedestal, these words appear:
    MY NAME IS XIHIRLI, QUEEN OF QUEENS
    LOOK ON MY WORKS, YE MIGHTY, AND DESPAIR.
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2021-03-20 at 12:56 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

FWIW, I brought that up in my previous post, yeah. And it's definitely a Xihirli kinda move.

My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #247

SwashbucklerGuy

Xihirli is clear in my mind. Apogee targeted them, and that targeting was made public. It only makes sense if it's distancing, but that would require Xihirli's power to make certain things public. (Which...she did have a public thing as part of the EoN1 text, but I don't think that's proof that scum!Xihirli and scum!Apogee were using it on purpose to distance.)
    But I see it was already taken into account.

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW, I brought that up in my previous post, yeah. And it's definitely a Xihirli kinda move.
    We're clearly out of sync...

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    But I see it was already taken into account.

- - - Updated - - -

We're clearly out of sync...
    lol sorry

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #249

Planetar

JeenLeen's power was definitely responsible for the kill, and I actually now understand why I was targeted: wolves wanted me dead, but wanted to dodge any banes, and that was the actual purpose of JeenLeen's ability. The whole thing about being a beast was a bluff. Mind you, I still think you personally took a huge risk by disintegrating him without knowing that for sure.

I know you're town, and you know I'm neutral. Neither of us can be a third wolf.

Captain Cap, I'm still really feeling like they're town. JeenLeen's actions look like very obvious distancing with Captain Cap, and that makes me think that it's JeenLeen trying to make us think he's distancing from Cap (in effect, putting Cap in his own pocket, so that we lynch Cap by mistake). But I can't be sure, cuz it could just be wolves panic-distancing.

Aleph Null...I'm not sure about. On the one hand, if they're scum, they hardcore threw JeenLeen under the bus instead of arguing against my rather absurd power claims. On the other hand, their character is completely made up so it's difficult to know if their power claims make sense for the character. And while they've made power claims, those power claims would be very convenient for a townie and very inconvenient for a wolf (can only be killed by the lynch, has a nightkill that can literally only target scum). I still feel weird about shooting here though, since they were pretty helpful in getting the wolves taken out.

Book Wombat dropped off the face of the earth for most of D2 so far. Literally no idea what to make of them.

Elenna, I'm worried about. Let's speak a bit frankly tot: you know her role name, I know her role name, and we both know the other knows her role name. There's a very obvious power that role could have that doesn't usually get a big spotlight. She's claimed to have a very powerful power, and that obvious power that fits her role could very easily be quite powerful indeed. The thing is, that power in the hands of town is potentially extremely dangerous for scumteam in the case of sour grapes, while in the hands of scum, it's a very potent information-gathering power (especially if town doesn't know that a scumplayer has it). If elenna is that role, and has that power, and is scum, that's pretty dangerous for town. That being said, Elenna's actions haven't really given me any reason to suspect her.

What are your thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't say I'd do anything else in this situation. You really hit the jackpot copying my powers.
    Yeah with your kill the roles are assigned.

And Yes Absolutely Elenna's Role is incredibly powerful fromn what I imagine it to be, far better in the late game, though with high kill counts we are effectively in the late game.

I Actually trust your reads, far more then my own. However this is my summation of the people.

Ultimately it lies down to 3 people. One is Elenna, The Second Bookwombat, and The third Aleph Null. Of The Three my opinion is we should lynch

Aleph Null, see about ending the other two tomorrow. Namely, specificity. It's too unlikely in my opinion that the roles seeing what they are now, would have someone with such specificity. It doesn't make sense to me. It's not only quite strong, but gives hin a scape goat.

Finally Bookwombat the quietest player, I actually believe what they did day 1 was a ploy, rp is an easy way to not only get yourself not voted up day 1, but also allow you to not be lynched assuming a fairly active town.

While Elenna has the most sus role, roles don't determine alignment. Just look at me for an example. Alignment is taken care of before roles, thus it's irrelevant obvious answer to the power doesn't mean squat to their abilities.

Now for the others.

Captain Cap, would be my fourth target. His plan while it did make me think he was sus at the time is likely just an idiot town.

Xihirli would be my fifth. I just have no real reads on them, This causes me to not suspect them, but the ploy just doesn't seem to be a good idea like at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing as how I think we should lynch Aleph Null. I'm actually going to vote for them.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

(There's also an edge-case where scum!Apogee deliberately targeted scum!Xihirli with a "know target's power name and target" scry, but the only reason to do that is if Apogee didn't actually trust that Xihirli was a scumbuddy instead of a spy? Or maybe it was deliberate misdirection - Apogee knowing that their scry would be made public knowledge, and they targeted Xihirli as a subtle distancing ploy? But I don't see anything in Apogee's power that would indicate they should've expected their power targeting would be publicly known, so there'd need to be some other wolf involved, and now we're getting into a 3-wolf team set-up that doesn't even involve JeenLeen.)
    I mean, if Xihirli was a scumbuddy then Apogee would obviously know Xihirli's powers, and I presume Xi's powers are the reason the scry was public, so I guess it could be distancing? Does seem like a really weird wolf move, though.

Also the Disintegration Confirms me. Green is town, Blue has to Be Neutral, and If Mafia had it Red.
    Yep.

...I don't know what power you're talking about but it's not the one I have.

(Also, when I said "very powerful", maybe I was overstating it a bit. It's a nice power, I like it, but it's not as powerful as totadile's, and it's definitely not as powerful as AV's.)

- - - Updated - - -

how were there FIVE NINJAS while I was writing that post
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Posts 79 totadileplayz
    Posts 67 AvatarVecna
    Posts 15 Captain Cap
    Posts 15 Apogee1
    Posts 13 JeenLeen
    Posts 12 Elenna
    Posts 11 Aleph Null
    Posts 10 Book Wombat
    Posts 10 Xihirli
    Posts 10 Unavenger
    Posts 8 CaoimhinTheCape

Holy **** it's a good thing I've got errands today. Apparently I really need to shut up and let other people talk lol

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #252

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    I mean, if Xihirli was a scumbuddy then Apogee would obviously know Xihirli's powers, and I presume Xi's powers are the reason the scry was public, so I guess it could be distancing? Does seem like a really weird wolf move, though.
    And it has its drawbacks: drawing attention on one of the wolves and basically wasting a power use.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

You do presume that my powers are why the targeting was public.

But joke's on you, I have no idea why it was public.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

14. - Top - End - #254

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    You do presume that my powers are why the targeting was public.

But joke's on you, I have no idea why it was public.
    So I hate to ask. But similar logic applies right. I have a rather good idea just based on roles who could reveal things publicly while keeping themselves hidden.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

And it has its drawbacks: drawing attention on one of the wolves and basically wasting a power use.
    Yeah that's basically why I said it would be a really weird wolf move.

Okay so possible third wolves are Captain Cap, Aleph Null, and Book Wombat. I'd be very surprised if Xi was a wolf.

I said earlier that I'd rather dayvig Aleph Null or Wombat as opposed to Cap and I stand by that. Most of the things Cap did seem either slightly towny or NAI. Plus, if my quick skim of D1 votes is correct, Apogee put a third vote on Cap to bring him into the lead, which seems super risky if they're both wolves.

Between BW and Aleph, the choice is whether we want to go for the person who has said basically nothing the whole day, or the person who hasn't said much but did provide a sketchy-looking claim which correctly accused a wolf but only after that wolf was already very likely to die. Basically it boils down to whether I think Aleph's claim pushes him above or below BW's complete lack of information.
    I think I'll vote Book Wombat for now. The fact that there were three wolves makes it slightly less likely that Aleph was panic-distancing, I think. But I'm definitely down to switch to Aleph if BW provides something helpful.

...wait, paranoia activating. What if there were only two wolves, and the game hasn't ended yet because there's still a neutral who wants to kill town around? (Yes, AV, I'm still looking at you )
    Gonna have to ponder that a bit...

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing as how I think we should lynch Aleph Null. I'm actually going to vote for them.
    psst, wrong colour The bright red colour code is #FF0000
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

I'm alright killing Book Wombat. Town's ahead, let's cull that suspect list.

My powers are to make three different poems appear in the opening narration. The poems have no powers that have been revealed to me. It is possible that they do things I don't know about. I may or may not have made Apogee's targeting public.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-03-20 at 02:19 PM.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

17. - Top - End - #257

Time to claim. I'm the Anonymous Reporter.

Book Wombat, you are the Anonymous Reporter, a member of the TOWN.
    You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one member of the town survives, even if that isn’t you.

You have one ability:
    Report (Priority 5): You can target a person to see who they targeted last night. This information is posted publicly the next morning and you cannot choose whether or not to publish it. This ability’s late priority means you must survive the night to publish your results.
    Last night I targeted Apogee1 which is why they showed up in the Narrator's post.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-03-20 at 02:08 PM.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

18. - Top - End - #258

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Time to claim. I'm the Anonymous Reporter, I pick one person every night and if I survive it The Narrator posts publicly who that person targeted. Last night I targeted Apogee1 which is why they showed up in the Narrator's post. Will edit in the role in a moment.
    Yep, so I was right.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, so I was right.
    No, I do not know if they are a wolf or not, I just think that Role and it's ability gels well with what I was suspecting.

19. - Top - End - #259

Yep, so I was right.
    I'll forgive everyone for stealing cookies if you don't lynch me.

- - - Updated - - -

I could of course be lying that I'm town, but honestly I find it wouldn't make much sense for a mafia member to have a role like this.
    Could be used for misdirection though now that I think about it.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-03-20 at 02:17 PM.
    Every day...

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Good enough for me. Wombat has taken a risk by making a specific, testable claim. If anyone knows that they're really the ones who are behind the public post, congrats you baited a wolf. Please tell us.

Wombat, you get to live. But my bloodlust must yet be sated. Elenna, what do you think about being killed?
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261

I'll vote for Aleph Null I guess?

Also, if you look at my post with the black squares on page 1 you'll see that there are eight of them which is meant to be "Terrence", specifically from UnOrdinary. That should be enough proof that my power is what I said it was. Could still be mafia though.
    Every day...

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

I mean if Mafia's plan was for one of you to target me and the other to put one of your own members in the announcements as having done so I feel pretty good about Town's chances anyway, so I'm treating you as town for now.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I'll vote for Aleph Null I guess?

Also, if you look at my post with the black squares on page 1 you'll see that there are eight of them which is meant to be "Terrence", specifically from UnOrdinary. That should be enough proof that my power is what I said it was. Could still be mafia though.
    Technically that only proves that your role name is what you say it is. You could still be lying about the power (or lying about being town, obviously).
    That being said, it is testable and sounds plausible, and I'll agree that it would be a more likely power for town than for mafia. Switching to Aleph Null then.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, yeah, like Xihirli said, if BW is telling the truth about their power then it would make no sense for them to have targeted Xihirli as mafia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Good enough for me. Wombat has taken a risk by making a specific, testable claim. If anyone knows that they're really the ones who are behind the public post, congrats you baited a wolf. Please tell us.

Wombat, you get to live. But my bloodlust must yet be sated. Elenna, what do you think about being killed?
    I'd rather not, thanks. Town's got a pretty nice amount of breathing room right now, but it's still obviously better (from my POV) to not waste a lynch on me.

Do people think I should claim my power? I don't think it would really help town much to know my power, at least not in the sense of proving my towniness, but if totadile and Xi think I should claim, I'm down.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

24. - Top - End - #264

Planetar

Technically that only proves that your role name is what you say it is. You could still be lying about the power (or lying about being town, obviously).
    That being said, it is testable and sounds plausible, and I'll agree that it would be a more likely power for town than for mafia. Switching to Aleph Null then.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, yeah, like Xihirli said, if BW is telling the truth about their power then it would make no sense for them to have targeted Xihirli as mafia.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather not, thanks. Town's got a pretty nice amount of breathing room right now, but it's still obviously better (from my POV) to not waste a lynch on me.

Do people think I should claim my power? I don't think it would really help town much to know my power, at least not in the sense of proving my towniness, but if totadile and Xi think I should claim, I'm down.
    I reckon that your not a wolf.

We both know your role, and we both know a good indication of your abilities. Seeing as how you are what I think you are it is a safe assumption to relate to deal with your dad right? That only gives a couple of roles already that I can think of at least.

Is it informative in nature? As in does your ability need to be revealed to make it useful? Or is it weak enough that it may allow you to suffer less heat in the future?

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I reckon that your not a wolf.

We both know your role, and we both know a good indication of your abilities. Seeing as how you are what I think you are it is a safe assumption to relate to deal with your dad right? That only gives a couple of roles already that I can think of at least.

Is it informative in nature? As in does your ability need to be revealed to make it useful? Or is it weak enough that it may allow you to suffer less heat in the future?
    I don't think it's a particularly weak role. At the moment, it doesn't need to be revealed to be useful, but that may change if the game goes on long enough - as you've guessed, it becomes stronger as the game goes on.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

26. - Top - End - #266

Planetar

I don't think it's a particularly weak role. At the moment, it doesn't need to be revealed to be useful, but that may change if the game goes on long enough - as you've guessed, it becomes stronger as the game goes on.
    Yeah I suspect I know what it is. Thus best to keep it shut.

27. - Top - End - #267

SwashbucklerGuy

Time to claim. I'm the Anonymous Reporter.

Book Wombat, you are the Anonymous Reporter, a member of the TOWN.
    You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one member of the town survives, even if that isn’t you.

You have one ability:
    Report (Priority 5): You can target a person to see who they targeted last night. This information is posted publicly the next morning and you cannot choose whether or not to publish it. This ability’s late priority means you must survive the night to publish your results.
    Last night I targeted Apogee1 which is why they showed up in the Narrator's post.
    I would say this reasonably clears both Xihirli and Book Wombat: unless they're both baddies that conspired with Apogee1 to pull off a really risky distancing move (so 4 wolves in total for 10 players), I can't see one of them being a wolf while the other is not. (Why would a wolf publicly expose their ally like that? Why would they waste a use of their power on a fellow wolf?)

Whatever is going on with Elenna, I'm out of the loop. I have no idea why totadileplayz is sure of her innocence, but they have access to more information than me so I guess I'll just trust their judgement for now (unless AvatarVecna has more to say about it).

That just leaves Aleph Null (and of course me, but hey, I'm not going to vote myself ).

28. - Top - End - #268

Planetar

I would say this reasonably clears both Xihirli and Book Wombat: unless they're both baddies that conspired with Apogee1 to pull off a really risky distancing move (so 4 wolves in total for 10 players), I can't see one of them being a wolf while the other is not. (Why would a wolf publicly expose their ally like that? Why would they waste a use of their power on a fellow wolf?)

Whatever is going on with Elenna, I'm out of the loop. I have no idea why totadileplayz is sure of her innocence, but they have access to more information than me so I guess I'll just trust their judgement for now (unless AvatarVecna has more to say about it).

That just leaves Aleph Null (and of course me, but hey, I'm not going to vote myself ).
    I'm not sure of their innocence I'm sure they are not a wolf, and what they did would be monumentally stupid for someone who's an sk who needs all the advantages they can get to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Why am I sure they are not a wolf? Their day-vig is blue while wolves would have it be red, and my kill a bit later confirms it, because if the color was meaningless it would be the same for mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait I was talking about AV. I put them as one of the 3 people to kill, and said the major lead their role isn't actually alignment indicative, and that Aleph Null was a better target then her for now. I'd definitely vote for her of nothing else pops up.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Tentative vote on JeenLeen while I'm thinking about it. I can believe you're a voider, and that's why I suspect you're scum instead of town.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Thinking back... this all hinges on AV being honest. Maybe she does have a scry, and totaldileplayz notes a defensive power, but she already knows enough to know what he'd know...

I'm wondering about totaldileplayz and AV. Everything totaldileplayz did D1 screams town, but he's also a new player to our metagame so I might be reading him with biased eyes. And AV could be lying in conjunction with him to play us and get rid of me, if both are wolves. Her wordplay in dismissing Cao's theory D1 about wolf-buddies makes me think maybe she was having a hidden laugh at being wolf-buddies with someone.

If AV scried me to find out I was Light, that'd give wolf!AV what she needs to get me lynched. And it's believable enough that me flipping town wouldn't automatically get her lynched.
    And she expects us to believe she's really a day-vig AND a sorta-seer AND (if totaldile is honest) has some sort of protective power. That seems overpowered.

That AV kinda pushed for totaldile to day-vig me makes me a touch more suspicious of her than him, but I guess if one of them is a wolf, the other one has to be as well, so that's not really evidence in either direction. (Not 100% sure if that's right.)

On the other hand, I don't think my suspicions warrant voting them. If AV is being honest, she'd day-vig me if she got close to being the main lynch candidate. If I'm lying and flip wolf, the votes will go off her; if I'm honest and flip town, I take her with me so it's moot.
    And I doubt the town would want to lynch someone with her powerset without it being made questionable by something like me flipping town. Maybe for D3.
    Same essentially goes for totaldileplayz.

I admit I'm a little frazzled by looking like I'm certainly dead one way or another this Day, so I might not be thinking 100% effectively. But I'll vote Captain Cap. He was the runner-up wagon D1, and if he flips wolf, that might give more insight to D1 voting habits.
    I agree AV's powers seem OP, but it sounds like totaldile also has a pretty strong power, and mine is also pretty good (although not as strong I think), so it's possible this game is just balanced around good powers.
    Besides, totaldile is backing up AV's claim. I think it's fairly unlikely they're both lying wolves, so AV is probably telling the truth about their powers. That doesn't rule out the possibility of AV being a wolf or a neutral, though.

Sounds like JeenLeen is definitely Light Yagami, and I agree that "town beast" is an unusual enough role that I'm not really convinced by their claim.

Just thinking through AV's claim that they were targeted by a kill during the day:
    - I'm not quite sure if this is somehow replacing the wolves' NK, or if AV thinks the wolves have a dayvig in addition to the NK. The former would make sense, given the lack of a kill last night, but I could maybe see the wolves having two kills to balance strong town powers? IDK.
    - Of course, the other possibility is that there is a (second?) town vig who opted to kill AV. I can't see a town dayvig targeting AV after how the day started, but maybe a delayed vig who chooses their power at night and then has it activate during the day? Eh, doesn't seem super likely, but if someone who isn't JeenLeen did target AV for a kill maybe speak up now?
    - And of course, the third possibility is that AV is just lying about having been targeted. I don't really see a good reason for that, though. Like, I could maybe see wolf!AV discovering that town!Jeen was a beast, and doing this to try to get them killed without losing a wolf to the beast kill? But if that were the case, AV wouldn't have initially suggested that they should do the kill.
    - So I agree the most likely possibility is that a wolf tried to kill AV.

I guess the logic behind lynching Jeen is that Light most likely has a kill power, AV was hit by a day kill from (probably) a wolf, so the kill was probably done by the only other killing power we know about, which is Jeen's? Not the most airtight case ever (unless I'm missing something), but it definitely seems suspicious enough for a D2 vote on JeenLeen, especially because their claim is also pretty sketchy, and a town beast isn't a power that I'm particularly worried about losing.
    Gonna try to find some time tonight to look through the thread for dayvig targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleph Null View Post
    If AV is not lying, Light Yagami being JeenLeen means JeenLeen is in fact mafia; I know this for a fact. Don't need to ask how, do you? My role is literally "Know this one named role is mafia." Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    I have a investigative (not a cop) I targeted Xihirli with because well, how does one read Xihirli anyways and I figured that's a slot I'd like to glean a mech fueled picture from

JeenLeen

Honestly can feel free to dayvig him sounds like he's just a dayvig

Which probably explains why there's a good number of town roles packing the heat

- - - Updated - - -

yeah

- - - Updated - - -

I will psuedo vote CaptainCap for the moment.

"But Apogee JeenLeen is voting Cap and is a wolf"

Well friends every post after AV outs Jeen as Light from Jeen is him just trying to muddy the waters.

And from a blend of posting, the bar being raised, and d1 VCA make me want this kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Also we clearly have some goat night actions

Blocking the nightkill and outing the dayvig

That's :popcorn:
    I was honestly surprised you didn't notice my hint.

Oh well, I see a lot happened in the meantime.

For starters I agree with everyone who already said it: if it's all true, you're freaking op, AvatarVecna. I'm definitely skeptical about all those powers in the hands of a single town, so I think these two are the most likely possibilities: you're the super-uber BBEG (not so likely if JeenLeen turns out to be a wolf) or you are a town who's trying to confuse the wolves with whatever ruse you're pulling off (with the help of totadileplayz).

About JeenLeen: beast powers on a town? In my opinion even more unlikely than overpowered AvatarVecna. And then of course there's Aleph Null's claim.

All things considered, I think this is a great opportunity to test AvatarVecna's powers. Let's have them "disintegrate" JeenLeen (if they really can, of course): if one of them is a wolf, one less baddie around; if JeenLeen turns out to be innocent, we'll still be able to lynch Aleph Null before the end of the day. Worst case scenario, we lose the god-like townie AvatarVecna is claiming to be (assuming the puny Death Note can actually harm them), but at least there would still be totadileplayz preserving a fraction of their power.
    If you see your name quoted here, make sure to go back and cross out your JeenLeen vote so that your vote for the lynch gets properly counted.

(Yes, I'm calling myself out as well.)

I'm going to vote Aleph Null. Of the five potential suspects, their story seems the most suspicious to me - and, if it turns out they were telling the truth, then at least we're not losing out on their anti-Light scry/NK, since Light is already dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and JeenLeen's name is there as a just-in-case reminder to our lovely narrator not to count his vote.

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #270

Planetar

If you see your name quoted here, make sure to go back and cross out your JeenLeen vote so that your vote for the lynch gets properly counted.

(Yes, I'm calling myself out as well.)

I'm going to vote Aleph Null. Of the five potential suspects, their story seems the most suspicious to me - and, if it turns out they were telling the truth, then at least we're not losing out on their anti-Light scry/NK, since Light is already dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and JeenLeen's name is there as a just-in-case reminder to our lovely narrator not to count his vote.
    You killed Apogee, They kind of can't change their vote.

- - - Updated - - -

and both of the confirmed mafia wanted to vote captain cap, this could easily be distancing.

- - - Updated - - -

or it might be pushing a townie so they might live.