A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849
Results 1,441 to 1,445 of 1445
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XXIX: A giant corkboard of continuity madness

I think this vote is gonna be decided by vote splitting, too many different suggestions will make it hard for any but the basic one to win.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    One possible explanation for the returning key is that someone, somewhere, has the master version, and just makes a new copy as needed. But that would be boring and not Mad Science, so let's see what really happens.
    That wouldn't work, since the people who took the copies would still have it. For the mystery to work, the key they took has to go missing as well before a key is found in the dish.

Mad science answer? One of the previous heterodyne masters had trouble finding his keys one day and so he did the most sensible thing he could think of... he built an entire sub system into Der Kestle that's dedicated to finding and returning lost/stolen keys! Even when Der kestle was broken the sub system still kept working. People in mechnicsburgh lose their keys all the time but always eventually find them where they last left them and don't question it and thus do not notice. And the sub system always returns the guildhall key to the where the guildhall once stood
    Last edited by slayerx; Yesterday at 06:22 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    I think this vote is gonna be decided by vote splitting, too many different suggestions will make it hard for any but the basic one to win.
    The rules, unofficial though they are, allow you to vote for more than one option, so there is no vote splitting as such.

EDIT: The last discussion on the matter was on Girl Genius XXIV: Ask Vit a Bit More Terror, around pages 47-48.
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; Yesterday at 10:09 AM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

I would say Cheyenne is in his element here, keeping way from overly humanoid figures to both cover a different part of the world as well as to not have too much overlap with normal characters whom we are used to seeing in the Fogolio style.

Egon is a most expressive fellow.
    Last edited by Squire Doodad; Today at 12:10 AM.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I’m just thinking about how Van pulled one over on Agatha here. The Guild is one of those relics of the old Heterodynes that the Boys tried to purge, so getting her to renew it as routine paperwork that every Heterodyne has to do once is disingenuous at best, and it’s not an accident that he pulled it out when she was in a mood where she would sign it without much question.

Granted, Agatha probably would have signed the charter anyway as long as it doesn’t license the monsters to eat children or anything. She’s generally been shown as having a little bit of “old Heterodyne” in her. Which is exactly why Van needs to be careful about pulling this sort of thing too much, lest he be turned into a spaniel.