New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Girl Genius XXIX: A giant corkboard of continuity madness

It is a world ruled by Mad Science! Things happen. Usually, they happen to other people. This is entertainment. That's when the front door gets blown in- And you belatedly realize that, once again, you are doomed to be the entertainment in another exciting installment of: GIRL GENIUS!

Many elegant, finely-crafted, and vintage links follow:

Links to Previous Threads

Comic Links
    Link to current comic and link to the beginning of the strip. (Updates MWF, usually after Midnight [Eastern Time])
    The Continuing Adventures of Othar Tryggvassen, Gentleman Adventurer! (back on hiatus, may update in the future)
    A compilation (and much easier to read if you're just catching up) of the first three chapters can be found here at the GG website.
    And if one goes to snapbird.org and types in "Othar" in the 'Who?' field, all of Othar's adventures can be read on one page (albiet in reverse order of posting - Now must have a Twitter account to use).
    Mirror of the comic found on LiveJournal (No longer being updated as of Mid-May, 2017)
    Mirror of the comic found on Facebook (Will occasionally have Girl Genius related news)
    And one can find mirrors of Girl Genius on deviantArt as well. (Occasionally Kaja will put up or link to interesting GG related art that is found on dA)

Reference Links
    Wiki Project devoted to to Girl Genius
    Wikipedia entry on Girl Genius.
    TV Tropes page on Girl Genius.
    The Secret Blueprints (NOTE: Contains background information on the GG Universe, so it should probably be read after "catching up" to the newest comic, as it contains many spoilers.)

Social Media and News Links
    Phil Foglio's new Wordpress art, news, and blogging website.
    Kaja Foglio's LJ Page and Studio Foglio News LJ Page (Not currently being updated)
    Kaja & Phil's Personal Facebook Page (Not currently being updated)
    A twitter account that basically is a catch-all feed for Girl Genius related news.
    Cheyenne Wright's Twitter and LiveJournal Accounts (The colorist's twitter and LJ pages)

And finally,
    Phil's old LJ page. (Occasionally contains crossposts from the Wordpress website)

====

Q: What is this "Sneaky Gate" y'alls go on about?

Sneaky gate: Named from this hidden gate in comic, it has become a name for viewing new comics early. Remember, if you're going to discuss the new comic, put it in spoiler boxes until the release time (12am EST).

Sneaky Gate 101:
    1. Right click the comic image.
    2. Select view image or copy paste the image location into the address bar.
    3. Modify the date to be the day you're trying to look at. (ex. 20120111 -> 20120113)
    4. Go to the modified url.
    5. Be disappointed when there's no early comic to read.
    6. Alternately, enjoy the comic!
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2021-03-15 at 04:57 PM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Girl Genius XXIX: A giant corkboard of continuity madness

will the big cats recognize their emperor?
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Agi Hammerthief View Post
    Now we're asking the real questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Albia looks very angry, and she’s trying to intimidate. If she’s angry with them, though, I’d expect action, not an audience, and getting her daughter out of the line of fire.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Mostly marking the thread for later, I dont have much to add yet.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I just noticed something about the current page: Behind the arches, on the right of the page, we can see bits of a whole bunch of banners. None of them, as far as I can tell, are displaying the English flag. Any thoughts on what they might be? My ideas: Maybe they're the emblems of various English nobles, or of Albia's daughters.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    I just noticed something about the current page: Behind the arches, on the right of the page, we can see bits of a whole bunch of banners. None of them, as far as I can tell, are displaying the English flag. Any thoughts on what they might be? My ideas: Maybe they're the emblems of various English nobles, or of Albia's daughters.
    They may be flags of the various islands. The UK has flags like that today, and while they don't match up with these flags, the GirlGenius English archipelago would be different.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Agi Hammerthief View Post

Brilliant question.

I sure hope so.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    Albia looks very angry, and she’s trying to intimidate. If she’s angry with them, though, I’d expect action, not an audience, and getting her daughter out of the line of fire.
    Alina might be angry, but the lions just look hilariously bored.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Also Thorpe is in the lead. I'm thinking something bad happened and it likely has something to do with The Other and Mechanicsburg. As in Gil may no longer hold it anymore.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

11. - Top - End - #11

I have kind of lost track. They extracted lucrezia from agathas mind right? Did that bit of her get to albia and reveal some information thats important? Did it TAKE OVER ALBIA?!? Seriously, that would be the worst case scenario of course. Her undying majesty is now a mental puppet of the other and is going to attack agathas crew. Maybe have the daughter escape with agatha to setup a scenario where she can overthrow albcrezia and take the throne herself. That seems to be the theme of agathas wandering. Reach a new stable location, trigger an event that sees the ruler dead and replaced by7 a new untested ruler, move on to the next world power and repeat. Or at least it WILL be the theme if it happens here. The baron is replaced, the master is replaced, albia is replaced. She isnt directly responsible for them, but they keep happening when she is there.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I have kind of lost track. They extracted lucrezia from agathas mind right? Did that bit of her get to albia and reveal some information thats important? Did it TAKE OVER ALBIA?!? Seriously, that would be the worst case scenario of course. Her undying majesty is now a mental puppet of the other and is going to attack agathas crew. Maybe have the daughter escape with agatha to setup a scenario where she can overthrow albcrezia and take the throne herself. That seems to be the theme of agathas wandering. Reach a new stable location, trigger an event that sees the ruler dead and replaced by7 a new untested ruler, move on to the next world power and repeat. Or at least it WILL be the theme if it happens here. The baron is replaced, the master is replaced, albia is replaced. She isnt directly responsible for them, but they keep happening when she is there.
    I think extracted Lucrezias vanish.
    The Baron being wasped, and then time-stopping himself, was Agatha's doing. He put himself at risk to stop her.
    I think the Master of Paris was going to die soon with or without Agatha. That plot was not dependent upon the Heterodyne visiting Paris - in fact, I think it was well underway before Agatha assumed the throne.
    Likewise, Aradinia's plot against Albia did not depend upon the Heterodyne. As to whether or not it's a recurring trope used by the Foglios, well, we'll see.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

13. - Top - End - #13

So, since it was brought up in the previous thread:

Couple months back, Rain Games had a Kickstarter for Girl Genius: Adventures in Castle Heterodyne, and the Foglios said they'd be giving digital copies of both the GG strips and the old Buck Godot strips to backers.

Well, if you backed the kickstarter, e-mails went out last night it seems with links to get your copies. And, for those of you who didn't back it but still may want to get copies of the Buck Godot books, they're available for sale on DriveThruComics now.

14. - Top - End - #14

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Alina might be angry, but the lions just look hilariously bored.
    Of couse they would be. This is a official situation with no chance of food. I would be bored too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

15. - Top - End - #15

I think extracted Lucrezias vanish.
    The Baron being wasped, and then time-stopping himself, was Agatha's doing. He put himself at risk to stop her.
    I think the Master of Paris was going to die soon with or without Agatha. That plot was not dependent upon the Heterodyne visiting Paris - in fact, I think it was well underway before Agatha assumed the throne.
    Likewise, Aradinia's plot against Albia did not depend upon the Heterodyne. As to whether or not it's a recurring trope used by the Foglios, well, we'll see.
    Agatha being in paris triggered the event to happen earlier. Yes that means it partially failed when it might have succeeded otherwise, but her presence seems to cause regime changes wherever she goes. Im just saying that if anything happens to albia, it wouldnt surprise me to learn agatha is banned from every nation on earth for fear of triggering another accidental overthrow event. "Look, just STAY in europa. Any time you get within 25 city blocks of a leader, they seem to die and get replaced. We know it isnt directly your fault, but the pattern exists and we want no part of it."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Ailurus View Post
    So, since it was brought up in the previous thread:

Couple months back, Rain Games had a Kickstarter for Girl Genius: Adventures in Castle Heterodyne, and the Foglios said they'd be giving digital copies of both the GG strips and the old Buck Godot strips to backers.

Well, if you backed the kickstarter, e-mails went out last night it seems with links to get your copies. And, for those of you who didn't back it but still may want to get copies of the Buck Godot books, they're available for sale on DriveThruComics now.
    I know! I'm in a download frenzy right now!!

This is probably the single most successful Kickstart I have ever funded - first, copies of the two previous games by the studio, now followed by the complete works of Phil and Kaja Foglio*. Ye gods this kickstarter has paid off big time! Even if they never manage to release the game I'm well past satisfied.

The amusing part - to me, at least - is I'm not really a fan of the game style so I really wasn't expecting much out of this. I just thought it would be good to see a full-fat GG Game on the market.

* - Admittedly excluding XXXenophile, but I don't really think they would put that out as a reward...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

her presence seems to cause regime changes wherever she goes.
    That's a common sentiment in these threads, but I'm not sure it actually holds up when examined. Let's review:

• Agatha starts out in Beetleburg. There's a regime change, but I don't think you can say it has anything to do with her - the Baron would have removed Dr. Beetle even if Agatha hadn't been present.
    • She then goes to Castle Wulfenbach, where there's no regime change.
    • She then goes to Master Payne's Circus, where there's no regime change (insomuch as traveling circus can be said to have a regime).
    • She passes through Zumzum, and presumably other small towns, without any regime changes.
    • Her arrival at Stormhalten does trigger a regime change.
    • She then goes to Mechanicsburg, where she arguably both does and doesn't cause regime change. On the one hand, she assumes the role of Heterodyne and becomes ruler of the city; on the other hand, in the stories set after the comic's conclusion, it seems that the people who were running the city beforehand more or less continue to do so as Agatha continues to have adventures. Let's mark this as questionable regime change.
    • While she's in Mechanicsburg, her actions prompt the Baron to remove himself from power. This definitely counts as her triggering regime change.
    • She then goes to the Refuge of Storms, and while Martellus does seize control of the place I don't think this can really be attributed to Agatha. We'll mark this one down as questionable as well.
    • She then visits the hidden Heterodyne Loyalist camp, and no regime change ensues.
    • She then ends up at St. Szpac's, where no regime change ensues.
    • She then goes to Paris, where regime change happens because of her arrival.
    • She then travels to London, where no regime change ensues.
    • She then travels to the Queen's Society's facility. While the leader of the Society is killed, he's not replaced, and the place is destroyed. Let's put this in the questionable category as well.
    • She then meets with the deepdwellers, where no regime change ensues.
    • Currently, she has returned to London, and events are still in motion.

By my count, that's three places where Agatha's actions and/or presence definitely cause regime change, eight where they don't, and three where it's arguable either way.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

18. - Top - End - #18

Agatha being in paris triggered the event to happen earlier. Yes that means it partially failed when it might have succeeded otherwise, but her presence seems to cause regime changes wherever she goes. Im just saying that if anything happens to albia, it wouldnt surprise me to learn agatha is banned from every nation on earth for fear of triggering another accidental overthrow event.
    The new mistress of Paris is pretty happy with Agatha. That plot was going on way before Agatha showed up.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    That's a common sentiment in these threads, but I'm not sure it actually holds up when examined. Let's review:

• Agatha starts out in Beetleburg. There's a regime change, but I don't think you can say it has anything to do with her - the Baron would have removed Dr. Beetle even if Agatha hadn't been present.
    • She then goes to Castle Wulfenbach, where there's no regime change.
    • She then goes to Master Payne's Circus, where there's no regime change (insomuch as traveling circus can be said to have a regime).
    • She passes through Zumzum, and presumably other small towns, without any regime changes.
    • Her arrival at Stormhalten does trigger a regime change.
    • She then goes to Mechanicsburg, where she arguably both does and doesn't cause regime change. On the one hand, she assumes the role of Heterodyne and becomes ruler of the city; on the other hand, in the stories set after the comic's conclusion, it seems that the people who were running the city beforehand more or less continue to do so as Agatha continues to have adventures. Let's mark this as questionable regime change.
    • While she's in Mechanicsburg, her actions prompt the Baron to remove himself from power. This definitely counts as her triggering regime change.
    • She then goes to the Refuge of Storms, and while Martellus does seize control of the place I don't think this can really be attributed to Agatha. We'll mark this one down as questionable as well.
    • She then visits the hidden Heterodyne Loyalist camp, and no regime change ensues.
    • She then ends up at St. Szpac's, where no regime change ensues.
    • She then goes to Paris, where regime change happens because of her arrival.
    • She then travels to London, where no regime change ensues.
    • She then travels to the Queen's Society's facility. While the leader of the Society is killed, he's not replaced, and the place is destroyed. Let's put this in the questionable category as well.
    • She then meets with the deepdwellers, where no regime change ensues.
    • Currently, she has returned to London, and events are still in motion.

By my count, that's three places where Agatha's actions and/or presence definitely cause regime change, eight where they don't, and three where it's arguable either way.
    Remember, I am not saying that AGATHA is personally doing something (other than existing) to cause these issues, but due to her status as protagonist, everything seems to happen while she is around and often that everything seems to include rulers get overthrown.

1) Beetleburg, she was there and even had some small role in things even though she was unknowing.
    2) No regime change, just a huge hive engine outbreak and the near loss of the main airship due to the wasped uprising.
    3)No, a circus doesnt count as a lord or lady or other such ruler.
    4)same
    5)yep big mess and directly because of her on top of it all. The whole mess with getting her moms voice in her head triggered everything.
    6) Mechanicsburg HAS a ruler now thanks to her. Also, wulfenbach is no longer in charge of the place so yeah, it counts.
    7)again, not directly due to her actions, but yeah, the rulership changes hands. God knows how many times during the bloodbath martellus sets off.
    8)There is no regime to change, its a refugee camp, not a kingdom.
    9)This is where we learn the pope of the order has agreed to throw aside neutrality to support martellus. I count that as half as while the pope may be the same, he just did a 180 on their policies.
    10) yep paris counts
    11)yet
    12) Yeah, decapitating the entire freaking organization certainly counts in my book. It no longer EXISTS because of everything that went on around her including her actions.
    13) agreed no change there
    14) this is just the same one earlier, she hasnt left yet so we cant say what the end result will be

By my count thats 6 major locations she has been at when they had either a regime change or were destroyed utterly. With a 7th still possible as we arent done here in jolly old england yet.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Remember, I am not saying that AGATHA is personally doing something (other than existing) to cause these issues, but due to her status as protagonist, everything seems to happen while she is around and often that everything seems to include rulers get overthrown.

1) Beetleburg, she was there and even had some small role in things even though she was unknowing.
    2) No regime change, just a huge hive engine outbreak and the near loss of the main airship due to the wasped uprising.
    3)No, a circus doesnt count as a lord or lady or other such ruler.
    4)same
    5)yep big mess and directly because of her on top of it all. The whole mess with getting her moms voice in her head triggered everything.
    6) Mechanicsburg HAS a ruler now thanks to her. Also, wulfenbach is no longer in charge of the place so yeah, it counts.
    7)again, not directly due to her actions, but yeah, the rulership changes hands. God knows how many times during the bloodbath martellus sets off.
    8)There is no regime to change, its a refugee camp, not a kingdom.
    9)This is where we learn the pope of the order has agreed to throw aside neutrality to support martellus. I count that as half as while the pope may be the same, he just did a 180 on their policies.
    10) yep paris counts
    11)yet
    12) Yeah, decapitating the entire freaking organization certainly counts in my book. It no longer EXISTS because of everything that went on around her including her actions.
    13) agreed no change there
    14) this is just the same one earlier, she hasnt left yet so we cant say what the end result will be

By my count thats 6 major locations she has been at when they had either a regime change or were destroyed utterly. With a 7th still possible as we arent done here in jolly old england yet.
    I'd say 13 still counts as a major political upheaval as the deepdwellers have decided to restore diplomatic ties to England, directly because of Agatha's presence. Even when they don't die, the leaders she imanages to interact with change pretty radically for good and ill. Even the leadership of the circus changes markedly due to her involvement, going from a refuge for weak sparks that makes a point of keeping their head down to actively participating in a coup that Agatha accidentally starts to becoming the favored entertainment and spark rehabilitation foundation for the British Empire. Nothing walks away unscathed from the girl genius. Nothing.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    I'd say 13 still counts as a major political upheaval as the deepdwellers have decided to restore diplomatic ties to England, directly because of Agatha's presence. Even when they don't die, the leaders she imanages to interact with change pretty radically for good and ill. Even the leadership of the circus changes markedly due to her involvement, going from a refuge for weak sparks that makes a point of keeping their head down to actively participating in a coup that Agatha accidentally starts to becoming the favored entertainment and spark rehabilitation foundation for the British Empire. Nothing walks away unscathed from the girl genius. Nothing.
    Yeah but the circus is not a sing of impending doom for whoever is in charge like beetleburg, mechanicsburg, paris, the strumvorius family, etc are. The fact that things change around her is nothing more than protagonist power. Its the fact that so often that change is "The current leader is dead, long live the new leader!" is a bit more of a problem for the rest of the world.

22. - Top - End - #22

So, Polar Lords.

What do we know about them?

From memory:
    1. They tax fire
    2. Jäger General Øsk died fighting their "Doom Wyrm" a year before Mechanicsburg was sealed
    3. One of Gilgamesh's first challenges as baron was fighting them; that's where he got his frostwyrm
    4. (Today's comic) They are now taking advantage of Gilgamesh's absence to invading with a million man army, heavily armed, and with snow demons to boot

Do we have any information on the extent of their territories or anything else about them, or are we in for a major infodump?
    Last edited by Deliverance; 2021-03-16 at 11:28 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

So, Polar Lords.

What do we know about them?
    I vaguely recall a footnote in the novels about how sparks up north call themselves wizards/sorcerers instead of adherents of MAD SCIENCE! (like sparks did a few centuries ago), and nobody from the Mechanisburg region has been able to prove otherwise. Of course, we've already seen sparks capable of warping the laws of physics with only their brains, so this is probably nothing new. I imagine they run things the same way the warlord-sparks of Europa do.

Also, it's getting more and more obvious that Klaus was much better at running the empire than Gil. Maybe Gill will get a chance to shine now that his father has been evicted from his skull?
    Last edited by Thomar_of_Uointer; 2021-03-17 at 12:39 AM.
    I make games.

"...I worry that modern gaming is gradually shrinking the wide spectrum of gameplay mechanics into a single narrow red bar with "KILL" written on it sideways. Exploration, navigation, puzzles, platforming, all gradually shrinking away until only one thing remains, being taken by the hand from room to room, moving on only when nothing remains alive in each one." - Yhatzee Crosshaw

24. - Top - End - #24

Welp, I didn't see that coming. This is...worrisome.

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverance View Post
    Do we have any information on the extent of their territories or anything else about them, or are we in for a major infodump?
    Related to this, what do we know about the geography of Europa at all? A quick Google search reveals that the Carpathian mountains are in Romania, but I don't know where the Polar Lords originate from. I've always thought it to be the Scandinavian peninsula, but I have nothing to back that claim up.

25. - Top - End - #25

Also, the Queen of the Dawn (a.k.a Zola) was consolidating power in the north, wasn't she? In the opening of the Volume, Gil was getting messages that various little kingdoms were having sudden regime changes to leaders loyal to her.
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

i just wanted to comment that the new thread title is perfect, this time. sums up everything about girl genius in a nice little package.
    It's "locksmith of LOVE!" not "LO!"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Albia seems somewhat annoyed by this development.
    Time to split the party, I guess?
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

28. - Top - End - #28

BlackDragon

Oops. Guess Gil spending his time chasing Agatha rather than ruling his kingdom is about to come home to roost...

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mjp1050 View Post
    Welp, I didn't see that coming. This is...worrisome.

Related to this, what do we know about the geography of Europa at all? A quick Google search reveals that the Carpathian mountains are in Romania, but I don't know where the Polar Lords originate from. I've always thought it to be the Scandinavian peninsula, but I have nothing to back that claim up.
    They stretch from Ukraine to Austria really. I also assumed that they were from Scandinavia since that's where North is from Europe but if they are advancing towards the Carpathians to reach the Wulfenbach Empire, they're more likely based in Russia (unless they're deliberately avoiding the maritime route).
    Quote Originally Posted by theangelJean View Post
    Also, the Queen of the Dawn (a.k.a Zola) was consolidating power in the north, wasn't she? In the opening of the Volume, Gil was getting messages that various little kingdoms were having sudden regime changes to leaders loyal to her.
    Yup, I'm guessing this is her doing.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Oops. Guess Gil spending his time chasing Agatha rather than ruling his kingdom is about to come home to roost...
    That isn't Gil's fault. He was out to recover Tarvek. Then Bang and Tarvek took him to England when they were already heading back to Mechanicsburgh.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!