New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lirians Gate: a reminder

Quote Originally Posted by Werbaer View Post
    The common Azurites didn't even know that the Saphire Guard exists (says Hinjo).
    The military Azurite Leadership doesn't know about the Saphire Guard or the Gates (HtPgiS).
    The most powerfull noble houses (Kabuto) didn't know about the gate ("give Xykon what he wants").

No, i don't think the Elven have been told about the Gate in Azure City.
    Spoiler: SoD Spoilers
    Show
    From Start of Darkness, we know that the elves and fey under Lirian's command were in the know about her Gate. We don't know if they were a hand-picked elite order like the Sapphire Guard or if they were chosen by some other criteria (or if perhaps Lirian was more lax with the secrecy of the Gates, since out of all of the Scribbles, she seemed to command the largest army of people-in-the-know to defend it), so the elves knowing about Soon's Gate via Lirian is not out of the question.
    Last edited by Shadowknight12; 2021-03-23 at 08:58 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: SoD
    Show
    Page 71, Redcloak: "The Gate broke up when they tried to run."

The drawing was somewhat ambiguous, but this line clears it up.
    Attention LotR fans
    Spoiler: LotR
    Show
    The scouring of the Shire never happened. That's right. After reading books I, II, and III, I stopped reading when the One Ring was thrown into Mount Doom. The story ends there. Nothing worthwhile happened afterwards. Middle-Earth was saved.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is it against the forum rules to show the 5 panels depicting the gate's destruction or the 3 panels showing Redcloak explain what happened? Since you can only get those if you buy the book, I don't want to post the picture if it's considered taking away revenue from The Giant.
    Last edited by Thecommander236; 2021-03-27 at 12:38 AM.
    Profile picture made by my good friend Judas.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Thecommander236 View Post
    Is it against the forum rules to show the 5 panels depicting the gate's destruction or the 3 panels showing Redcloak explain what happened? Since you can only get those if you buy the book, I don't want to post the picture if it's considered taking away revenue from The Giant.
    I’m not sure whether it’s officially against the rules (or even legal, for that matter), but either way, I am pretty sure it is discouraged.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emanick View Post
    I’m not sure whether it’s officially against the rules (or even legal, for that matter), but either way, I am pretty sure it is discouraged.
    Yeah, I figured it would better to air on the side of caution. But yes, the Druids didn't do controlled burns and didn't protect the treants from Fire. So when Redcloak used fire, everything burned. The first attack on the grove, he didn't prepare Flame strike because he thought they would use Protection from Fire. Right-eye called him on it saying he always over prepares. Before the second fight, Xykon accidently paralyzed Right-eye and Redcloak had to drag him behind him.

When Redcloak used flame strike, some of the treants caught fire, fell into each other, and set the rest of the treants on fire in a literal domino effect. Then all the animals attacked him and he tried to coordinate them to stop the fire including a Smokey the Bear parody that he killed. The two treants the portal was lashed to tried to run from the fire and they tore it apart. Meanwhile Xykon was killing Lirian and she mentioned the other 4 gates which Xykon and Redcloak didn't know about.

When she realized she gave up the secret of the other 4 gates, she said "crap" and her neck broken by Xykon who then bound her soul to a black crystal a la The Elder Scrolls. In fact, it may have been a direct reference the Black Soul Gems from the Elder Scrolls series. When he met back up with Redcloak and the still paralyzed Right-eye, Redcloak explained about the Druid's stopping all forest fires which caused there to be a lot of dry growth that led to the entire forest burning down.

Ironic as the Druids were so concerned with the natural order of things. That might have been a dig at California for doing the same thing, but I doubt the Giant meant anything politic by it as he has avoided that kinda thing for like two decades now. Just common sense stuff, I guess.
    Last edited by Thecommander236; 2021-03-27 at 02:26 PM.
    Profile picture made by my good friend Judas.