New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7 Days To Die

1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: 7 Days To Die

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Ok so, its the day after the 14 horde and wow have I got a lot to share. First off, leading up to horde night. Ive unlocked tier 5 quests, I was able to purchase a gyrocoptor, and after spending time offline to read how to steer the stupid thing, used it to find the trader I got sent to last. Secondly, I setup auto turrets over my horde base to handle birds, and got my turret talent maxxed out so junky can hold lots of ammo, do lots of damage, and once i get a second good one, have two out there at all times. I also setup some auto turrets on my home base, havent had much chance to test their effectiveness yet but it seems to be working for sniping the screamers before I get in trouble.

Ok, so horde night. I built an arm leading off my killing hallway so I could mount my junk turret at an angle that lets him pelt the incoming horde and be able to easily restock him. When I get my second junky I will do the same on the other side for some crossfire. Put up some bars to try and prevent the jumpers from getting lucky and leaping up. Upgraded my hatches to vault hatches because ive got a plethora of steel and already have my base fully built out of the stuff. So horde night happens and HOLY (*&^(&*^ My junk turret is SLAUGHTERING these guys. At first I thought he would only be good at shooting the ones on the ramp, and I wasnt hearing a lot of gunfire sound so I thought I screwed up, but then I noticed my exp gained was ticking up while I wasnt doing anything. Turns out my turret can also shoot downwards in his range and he was flat out murdering the zombies. Only downside is even with the maxed skill, he runs out of ammo so freaking fast. I basically loaded him up then brought a stack with me and was out of ammo about halfway through the night, would have been faster but I wasnt always able to tell when he ran out of ammo other than suddenly having to kill a couple zombies myself. ;p

My anti air turrets did a GREAT job. After the horde was done I went to the roof and like 5 blocks took a single hit. The zombie makeup of the horde was soldiers, cops, and some irradiated random zombies. Not a lot of animals but I cant be sure if that was just my turret murdering them before they could reach my hatches. This horde was beat fast. It wasnt even 2am and the last zombie was dead. Got a lot of loot, mostly stuff to sell to the trader in the morning. Minimal effort to repair the hatches to hold back the swarm. Basically, from what i can tell, I have overbuilt my horde base for current threats. Until demolishers and irradiated cop level zombies start showing up its going to be smooth sailing for me. So long as I can manage to not fall off the catwalk anymore. I didnt even need to use ammo except for getting bored and deciding to use something other than my burning steel club of smashy doom. (tm) Maybe I will build a fully enclosed hallway to each turret to avoid the risk. Not like I dont have the material available to do it. I only did it a simple catwalk because it was 16:00 on horde night and I didnt want to get fancy and risk my cement not drying in time.

Oh, I also got the 7/7 club batter up reward of my stamina auto filling every time I club a baby seal zombie to death, so that made it hilariously easy to swing for the fences on horde night and never get tired.
    Nice! It helps stockpile ammo for later, which is nice.

What I really want is a persistent server for 7 Days to Die, but I feel like I would need a lot of players for it to work. Just leaving it on 24/7 and a gentlemans' agreement not to wreck each other's stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Nice! It helps stockpile ammo for later, which is nice.

What I really want is a persistent server for 7 Days to Die, but I feel like I would need a lot of players for it to work. Just leaving it on 24/7 and a gentlemans' agreement not to wreck each other's stuff.
    Yeah im going to have to mass produce some 9mm ammo though, the auto turrets are great and all, but each one can hold 900 rounds, and while my main base probably wont burn through a ton of ammo as sniping the screamer before she can spawn stuff doesnt take much, the horde night turrets are a different matter. Even just killing the birds they burned through probably a couple hundred bullets total. Other downside is, now that im at tier 5 quests im very displeased as I cant get tier 4 to show up anymore, and tier 5 buildings are too flipping huge. I was raiding 3-4 tier 4 quests a day. I cant wait for alpha 20 to come out, thats apparently going to be a thing they will add in, being able to choose what tier you have unlocked to get quests for. Im probably going to spend my days raiding random pois of interest from now on and crafting ammo and such. The dishong towers looks like fun and the sort of poi I can clear with melee mostly and keep me busy for a day or so. And with all those doorknobs I will likely be gathering I will have plenty of brass to smelt. :p

But man losing the tier 4 hurts. There were a few pois nearby it kept sending me on, my favorite was this dance till you drop building with three stores connected together. Super easy and fast to clear out, only the main loot room was tough because like 5 zombies drop from the false ceiling and like half are irradiated. But once you got the route down it was hilariously simple to clear in short order. Lots and lots of loot, exp and item rewards from the trader, it was a great setup. Even the highschool was pretty easy to handle. At least now I answered one of my earlier questions though. Tier 4 is ideal, tier 5 is awful.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground

So I discovered something that makes me very very unhappy. Auto turrets do not contribute towards exp. I just ran this horde night, it was incredible. I had a great setup going on with two smg auto turrets setup alongside my melee corridor horde base so they could shoot anything spawning in range and climbing the ramp to my hatches. I also had a shotgun auto turret on the roof for birdies. The horde spawned and it was GLORIOUS! The turrets mowed down like 9 out of 10 zombies before they even reached me. The less glorious thing was I didnt get a bit of exp for any of it. I ended up literally leaving my horde base and fighting zombies out in the open with my automatic weapons because if I managed to hit them before they died I got exp for it. These things were brutal, even the dogs were barely fast enough to reach me before dying. It made me regret not having an easy path to my generator to turn it off. (I have to nerd pole to the roof to hit the power) So yeah, there is that. Auto turrets are great at murdering zombies, but they steal all exp from you when they do all the work. Junk turrets give you the exp for the kill though. So next i will max out that talent so I can keep two of them running instead. they arent QUITE as murderous as auto turrets, but they are very close when you have the skill maxxed. Only downside is needing to be reloaded a lot because they have like a 5th as much ammo as the smg auto turrets. On the plus side ammo is a LOT easier to make for the junk turrets as I only need raw iron instead of bullet tips, casings and gunpowder for 9mm.

Ah well, there goes my incredible plan for ensuring that I dont need to do much on horde night other than turn on the generator at the start. I had this eventual end goal in mind where I had smg turrets setup so there were a few pointed outwards to nail zombies on incoming, then when they reach my base and pass through a hallway they reach the second batch and get riddled even more, then come out the back and yadda yadda. I could basically go afk till the ammo runs out and with three layers of turrets, that could take awhile. Sure its an insanely bullet intensive setup, but its not like its HARD to smelt down lead and brass and mine for all the coal and nitrate I could ever need. I bet I could take a single day each week to do nothing but strip mine coal lead and nitrate and let everything craft in the background the rest of the time and be fine. I suppose I could still do it, but the idea of losing out on a couple levels a horde night kinda stinks.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."