1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Principia IC

The Chrysaorian Hegemony

Morale 17
    Influence 10

Spoiler: To Channel Seldiva
    Show

That is acceptable, though we would also do [10 INF] for [10 MOR].

Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hecatian Shade

Mor 9, Inf 4

Spoiler: Hegemony
    Show
    Very well, we can agree to that and as for a code, color coded seems good enough, something like:

Eco: *
    Sci: *
    Mor: *
    Esp: *
    Psi: *
    Mil: *

With 4 * sent at the end of the message, and the colours change if we are to do it more than once.

Now, I know you must feel safer, but between the calls for action against us both and some other posturing, I have reason to believe the Channel might be attacking, in a breach of the peace we agreed to and the agreement to not re-start a war, not even through the proper means, for two turns; losing them but a pathetic bit of face in the grand scheme of things. as we have barely finished rebuilding and spent most of those efforts on the minds that are already exausted we'll like to appeal to both your pragmatism and your lawfulness*:

We require Sci and Esp for a defensive measure against the Channel, it is not a preemptive strike, and will only punish them for breaking their agreement, should they break it, now, it is expensive and so it would be more of an investment than a trade, given the circunstances.

All said, concisely: give us Sci and Esp, which we will pay back next turn with some interests should the Channel not attack us, if we are not attacked you get your money back plus some, if we are, you get a very grateful bulwark against those that threatened us just a few messages past and fantastic PR, you will after all, truly stand as the pinacle of order and the importance of fair trade in the galaxy.

Awaiting a reply,
    -Warmaster Adalith, Commander of the Herald's servants.

Spoiler: Channel Seldiva
    Show
    To the contestants,

I'm afraid while we are interested in getting your piece of archaotech for both conservation and study, it is not really of use to the shade, or at least no more than the Thracian forum, we already swayed a vote our way through its use.

As for the gates, it did trouble us that you kept them open, but we assumed that you did so to take advantage of the Eureka protocol (which our agents tell us, you did) and were willing to let it go and remind you once resources were replenished... But with this attempt at feigning forgetfulness and yours recent call to arms towards us and the hegemony, we would like a more open reestament of our agreement. So, could you be so kind as to make a flashy neon statement (of the kind you like so much) reinstating your compromise to keep the peace between us for at least two whole years, you know, to ease a friend's worries?

-Ala cait "The follower", second speaker of hecan, Magni.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    two things:
    the Arkangel thing is more fluff than anything, I probably would get a lot more use out of it but I don't really like flipping around VIPs, except with a faction built with that sort of background, is not refusing to trade just because.
    2nd: I'ma keep it real with you, I totally thought you had somehow closed the 61-48 lane because I can swear I saw it closed when I looked at the map, (really wish I took a screenshot or something because now I'm not sure if I just saw wrong or cultist corrected a mistake or what) and thats why I said nothing about the lane thing, just thought you went about them in the wrong order.

Spoiler: Oracle Family Company
    Show
    We are, though I urge you to not see the threat that Channel Seldiva tries to paint, we are not only far from achieving it, but... preoccupied with the matters at hand.

I don't suppose you'll care to give a loan? the more we can spend on safety and preemptive measures beforehand, the safer such an investment would be.

yours,

Spoiler: Competition of minds
    Show
    Greetings to you as well,

We would be interested, though I'll have to wait for a few other dealings before knowing what our half of the trade will consist of, I hope that's okay.

Spoiler: PPS
    Show
    Is... less than we were hoping for, but I guess we'll take it.

Show
    Deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

3. - Top - End - #303

The Chrysaorian Hegemony

Morale 17
    Influence 10

Spoiler: To the Hecatian Shade
    Show

Meaning no offense at all, but I believe it safer for me to dictate such a code.

In your message, you will name a colour. The first letter of the colour (ie. "A" for Azure, "R" for red, "C" for crimson) will correspond to the following:

A-D: Military
    E-J: Morale
    K-O: Econ
    P-R: Influence
    S-U: Science
    V-X: Espionage
    Y-Z: Psionics

Show
    If you want a hand, this link is useful:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s:_A%E2%80%93F

We regrettably have very little Sci or Esp available, but we would be willing to provide [8 Eco] with which to purchase Espionage from PPS. PPS, if you're reading this - and I have no doubt you are - would such an agreement be acceptable? The Shade has earned a small measure of goodwill from us for being reasonable in negotiations.

To the Shade: please reply as though we rejected this. I am not willing to get dragged into your war because your security systems had vulnerabilities.

Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2021-06-09 at 07:49 PM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hecatian Shade

Mor 9, Inf 4

Spoiler: The Chrysaorian Hegemony
    Show
    oh... that does make sense, no offense taken and thank you for the addition, we shall use that system.

And thank you for standing by your values and thus with us at this time, with agents from the PPS we should be able to prepare for the worst.

Yours,
    -Warmaster Adalith, Commander of the Herald's servants.
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.

5. - Top - End - #305

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler: Oracle Family Company
    Show

In that case, we would prefer territory 22. Thank you for your flexibility.

Spoiler: Seldiva
    Show

Thank you for your response. We understand your cultural conventions do not perceive our actions as the good faith contingency they were intended to be, and will reevaluate our policies towards your culture in the future.

Unfortunately, we do not currently possess the necessary ECON. We will confirm whether the necessary resources have been obtained two microcycles [OOC: 24 hours] before the end of the current trading season.

Spoiler: Hecatian Shade
    Show

Greetings,

As always, we appreciate your patronage in this time of need.

Within one or two standard cycles we should be retrieving at least the system of Korykabria, after which we will return Honkara to your jurisdiction, though certain theological scars from the original god of the system will remain, which might require some investment on your part. The divine presence currently residing within is suppressing it, but it may develop new deity-consciousnesses if not handled correctly. [Working on deal to get systems elsewhere. Will hand back 43 to you afterwards, though not clear on the logistics; not sure if you need to spend extra dough to take it after I abandon it, or what.]

Unfortunately, an operation intended to recover several more systems will require most of our resources for this cycle. However, we assure you that we will grant you preferential trade agreements once the matter has concluded - we will be prioritizing your orders and offering you better terms [aka smaller amounts of investment for your returns].

Yours in cosmopolitanism,
    Logopathor & Co.
    Last edited by Vrock Bait; 2021-06-09 at 11:36 PM.
    Spoiler: Total War
    Show

As
    The Celestial Empire of Longshan

Spoiler: Domination Victory
    Show

Equinox League

Red Aurora College - Fae of the Four Courts - Khalos Guild - Celestial Empire

(Pretend there’s more spoilers here because I haven’t found the will to digitize my campaign setting yet)
    寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

6. - Top - End - #306

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: To Logopathor: MOR = 12
    Show

To clarify we’re offering ECO for your esp.

Last edited by Writtensanity; 2021-06-10 at 07:10 AM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Oracle Family Company
    Inf 7
    Mor 9

Spoiler: PPS - MOR 9
    Show

Further to our prior discussions would you be amenable to allow us the use of the agent under our previous agreement in exchange for 2 ESP?

Spoiler: Channel Seldiva - MOR 9
    Show

Unfortunately, we cannot opine on your trustworthiness as a trading partner in future instances in case betraying an agreement may benefit you in more than one way. As such, we must decline your offer of trade.

Spoiler: Hecatian Shade - MOR 9
    Show

Will you be looking to move against Seldiva? We can lend you the military enhancing artifact in exchange for political favour or cash next year.

Show
    +1 mil item this year in exchange for 6 inf or eco next turn?

Spoiler: Logopathor - MOR 9
    Show

We are in agreement.
    "God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." (Good Omens - Terry Pratchett)

8. - Top - End - #308

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: To the Oracle Family Company : MOR 12
    Show

Excuse you? You may have not dealt with us before but unlike your frequent texting pals, the Shade, we’ve actually kept our trade deals 100% of the time. If your speaking about Logopathor’s business here, then honestly we don’t know how your company runs if you don’t understand that signing contracts is an appropriate part of the negotiation process. Both sides need to accept an offer before it’s locked in.

If you don’t want to trade the INF, you can just say that you require it this season.

Neptune,

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Principia Personnel Solutions
    Mor 20, Inf 4

Spoiler: To the Chrysaorian Hegemony
    Show
    "Our apologies, but our services have already been bought up this year by other interested parties. This late in the season the deals have been finalized, and to renege on them now would be considered unprofessional. I hope you can understand.

In the coming years, we may have need of your help with other matters, other trades. You have proven to be honourable business partners, and may be so again."

Show
    Most of their Esp is being bought up this turn, and they are using what is left for their own projects.

Show
    "Confirmed."

Spoiler: To Oracle Family Company
    Show
    "That sounds like an amenable trade to us. Though we miss Damia Sentine, from the stories we hear she might even prefer your company to our own. It’s almost as if she does not want to come back to Creon 6DE, though why that might be is anybody’s guess!

You can mark down her arrival next year in exchange for your agents. As ever, a pleasure doing business with you fine fellows."

Show
    "Very well, consider the matter pinned pending a more in depth discussion, perhaps next year and perhaps not.

In the meantime, we will gladly accept your down payment for the service we have already discussed. As always, a pleasure doing business with such fine sharks."

Show
    So that’s 6 Eco you are sending their way as a down payment for the attempt on the Herald? Or 6 Mor?
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2021-06-10 at 09:34 AM.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Running:
    - Tales of Neutral Ground

Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms (Ironfang Republic)

Loser of Total War: The Final Hanrui (Elda Hafnar)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

10. - Top - End - #310

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler: Seldiva
    Show

Unfortunately, there are several investments involving our [ESP] that will be difficult to obviate with other substitutes within the remaining part of the trading season. We would, however, be open to this next cycle.
    Show

As

Show

Equinox League

(Pretend there’s more spoilers here because I haven’t found the will to digitize my campaign setting yet)
    寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

11. - Top - End - #311

The Chrysaorian Hegemony

Morale 17
    Influence 10

Show

Regrettably, PPS does not have any further espionage services available. As such, we have very little Science or Esp available. We have Military or Economics that we can offer, but that is all.

as
    The Astral Collective

as

12. - Top - End - #312

AssassinGuy

This is a reminder Bulletin that the Shade and Channel Seldiva are uncharacteristically at Peace. Should Channel Seldvia or the Shade attack one this year it would the break of a class 3 peace treaty, which outlined no war for two years on signing.

Channel Seldiva has pledged to restrict their custom Hyperlanes between the two nations during the next solar year.

Spoiler: To the Shade: MOR 12
    Show

Trade Status; Confirmed

We are sending you 1 ESP and 3 ECON

We are Receiving: 4 INF

Spoiler: To the Hegemony: MOR 12
    Show

The Logopathorites denied our gift. As such we can make the following work.

Trade Status: Pending Hegemony Approval

We are sending you: 10 MOR

We are Receiving: 10 INF

Spoiler: To the Magnus Apparatus: MOR 12
    Show

None of the following trades have been confirmed, but our current offer matches your original request:

Trade Status: Pending Appartus Approval

We are sending you: 4 SCI

We are receiving: 4 INF

Spoiler: To the Knights: MOR 12
    Show

To confirm the current discussions:

Trade Status: Pending Knights Approval

We are sending you: 4 Stats or NEPTUNE

We are Receiving: Naberius

--

We have also put in requests for Valefor or the Helldivers.

Please confirm to avoid another.. Logopathor Situation.

Spoiler: To Logopathor: MOR 12
    Show

We will see if we can offer something similar next turn.

Spoiler: To the PPS: MOR 12
    Show

Trade Status Amount for Layaway: Pending

We are waiting on confirmation on some of our other transactions for results. Pardon the wait.
    Last edited by Writtensanity; 2021-06-10 at 12:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hecatian Shade

Mor 8, Inf 4

Spoiler: Chrysaorian Hegemony
    Show
    the 8 eco you offered should help us afford extra help from either the Oracle Family company or Logopathor, just hope they do have anything to give at this point.

Grateful,
    Warmaster Adalith, Commander of the Herald's servants.

Spoiler: Logopathor, the artificial God
    Show
    working god,

You misunderstand us, 43 is yours, so long as you do want it. we have far more land than people and machines to work it and would not do as the Ultrum, pushing you around, we just care to know that your growth is secured.

What does the operation entail? we've been scouring the galaxy looking for agents and unspent scientists for an operative, and we have enough money to repay, if that would do for you.

Show
    I really need 4 Esp and 4 sci, I can offer 8 eco for the lot, if you have them in any other ammounts or if you need anything else we can work around it.

As partners,
    Ala Cait, "the follower" 2nd speaker of Hecan, Magni.

Spoiler: Oracle Family company
    Show
    We could do with granting you our votes for the next turn, and perhaps a bit of influence, but our move against them really requires two things: Great minds for Data and agents on the field, are all your agents so tied up?

Show
    really need Esp right, now, I can offer 3 Eco and my use of my tier 2 Eco VIP (so about 4 points of growth just on the VIP) for 4 esp, it is that bad.

Spoiler: Magnus apparatus
    Show
    Gentle Machine,

With no reply we will go ahead with the decreased payment, trusting on what may happen to explain our reasoning. We would still appreciate your stealth tech, even if doesn't come from a second party.

Ala Cait, "the follower" 2nd speaker of Hecan, Magni.
    Show
    official apology for how I'm about to be late on my dates, last ask for Esp.

Spoiler: Channel Seldiva
    Show
    Dearest Channel,

Deal is fine, don't play the fool, make the statement.

-Ala Cait, "the follower" 2nd speaker of Hecan, Magni.

Spoiler: Competition of minds
    Show
    greetings psykers,

is [4 psi] and [4 mor] agreeable?

Show
    trade confirm

Spoiler: Knights of Orias
    Show
    esteemed knights,

we can speak of the artifact later, do you happen to have [Esp] left for someone willing to pay? and what payment would you have?

Show
    Esteemed dealers in death,

as you are aware, we will be activating the craddle with the hegemony next turn, we would be willing to rescind some of the permanent wealth we would acquire for additional assistance in the form of your agents' expertise.

Show
    How much Esp could I get taken off other projects and added to our current deal in exchange for some permanent stats next turn?
    Last edited by neriractor; 2021-06-10 at 01:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #314

Devil

Oracle Family Company
    Inf 7
    Mor 9

Spoiler: Hecatian shade - MOR 9
    Show

Unfortunately all relevant agents and resources have been assigned already. Should your need persist the following year, if you advise us early we should be able to assist accordingly. Our psionic capabilities may still be re-assigned, however, should they fill that niche, with sufficient support so that you do not suffer drawbacks. We would be happy to provide this to you in exchange political favour and cash.

Show
    4 psi including VIP, no failure chance. 4 inf next turn (or this turn if you can swing it)+ 2eco VIP this turn?
    Last edited by kemmotar; 2021-06-10 at 01:04 PM.
    "God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." (Good Omens - Terry Pratchett)

15. - Top - End - #315
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

MOR 9, INF 8

Show
    Naberius is available, and we would prefer the 4 stats, though we appreciate the offer of trading for Neptune, we would prefer use of the stats this turn.

Show
    Certainly, we shall be glad to give the piece, in exchange for any pieces of the Subspace Drive you may encounter in the future. What stat should we expect to recieve for the Ralephs' services? Unforutnately outside of Adnachiel we do not have any Esp to spare for use this turn.

Spoiler: To the Chrysaorian Hegemony
    Show
    We do. Valefor, while being a small package, is incredibly capable. Use them well, what 2 stats should we expect to recieve?
    Last edited by DragonOfAsh; 2021-06-10 at 01:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: To the Knights MOR 12
    Show

Accepted. Details to follow.

OOC: At work, I’ll Pm you the stats being sent and edit this for ESP

17. - Top - End - #317

EvilClericGuy

Show

Greetings,

Thank you for your correspondence.

Unfortunately, several assets of ours will be extremely hard to recall so quickly - but we can offer you the very reasonable quota of scientists you have asked for. [Sorry, certain things I absolutely need to get done with my ESP this turn (also my PSI and MIL, but I assume you’re not going to ask for that.) 4 SCI for 4 ECO works, I hope.]

All our other resources are at your command if you so wish. [the rest of my SCI, INF, MOR, and VIP items are available to you if you want them.]

Yours in grace,
    Logopathor & Co.
    Show

As

Show

Equinox League

寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Competition of Minds
    Mor 6
    Inf 2

Spoiler: Logopathor
    Show
    Greetings,

Sadly we are unable to trade this solar year. The revelations of archeotech have made nessecary change to our trading plans this solar year. We believe that next solar year things will have smoothed back out but won't make any guarantees with the rate in which the landscape shifts.

Regrets,
    Supreme Judge Anderson

Spoiler: Shade
    Show
    Greetings,

We are quite happy with that offer. We shall send you our 7 Econ for your 4 Psi and 4 Mor. Enjoy the wealth.

Regards,
    Supreme Judge Anderson
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    trade confirmed
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

19. - Top - End - #319

The Chrysaorian Hegemony

Morale 17
    Influence 10

Spoiler: To the Knights of Orias
    Show

How does 2 [ECO] sound?

Thank you.

Show

Very well.

As it turns out, we also have [2 ESP] that we are willing to provide. We do expect this to be compensated for in the next season.

Show

That is acceptable, by which we mean - we accept. Confirmed. You will receive 10 [INF] in exchange for [10 MOR].

Spoiler: To OFC
    Show

What final 2 stats will we be receiving from you, in addition to the 8 ECO? Note that MOR is an acceptable substitute for any of that 8, should you come up short.

Spoiler: To PPS
    Show

It is no trouble. We hope that our fruitful business partnership may continue in the coming years.

Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2021-06-10 at 02:46 PM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

20. - Top - End - #320

Devil

Oracle Family Company
    Inf 7
    Mor 9

Show
    2 psi

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Principia Personnel Solutions
    Mor 20, Inf 4

Show
    "Well, though we're curious about what you are so desperate for access networks and specialists this year, we are willing to engage you on those terms.

For use of a fraction of the Cradle's yield - to be delivered by the end of the next sol year - PPS is willing to renegotiate the terms of our initial bargain. Please see your inbox for the updated quotas."

Show
    In exchange for 2 permanent stats from the Cradle next EoT after it has been activated, PPS is willing to take a hit on what you would pay and also increase the Esp yield. Call it 6 Eco from you for 14 Esp from them.
    Show
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Running:

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hecatian Shade

Morale 9, Inf 4

Show
    Of course, as per our pevious agreement

Show
    We have ourselves a deal.

Spoiler: Logopathor, The artificial god
    Show
    Working god,

Your generosity is appreciated, We can accept that deal, and if we need anything, we'll let you know.

-Ala Cait, "the follower", 2nd speaker of hecan, magni.

Show
    doing the math, will edit it here, hopefully on time. sci for eco is a go

Spoiler: Oracle family company
    Show
    done deal, I'll be there soon enough.

-Ala Cait, "the follower", 2nd speaker of hecan, magni.

Spoiler: Knights of Orias
    Show
    Esteemed knights,

We'll take that into account, should we ever find any pieces. Sadly we won't be hiring any knights for this campaign season, and if it ends as we expect it we wouldn't want to put them through it either way.
    Last edited by neriractor; 2021-06-10 at 06:06 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Public
    Show

Some very interesting messages were sent to Seldiva considering the current peace treaty between our nations. We think this needs answering Hectian Shade.

From OFC: Will you be looking to move against Seldiva? We can lend you the military enhancing artifact in exchange for political favour or cash next year.

From Shade: our move against them really requires two things: Great minds for Data and agents on the field, are all your agents so tied up?

From OFC: Unfortunately all relevant agents and resources have been assigned already. Should your need persist the following year, if you advise us early we should be able to assist accordingly. Our psionic capabilities may still be re-assigned, however, should they fill that niche, with sufficient support so that you do not suffer drawbacks. We would be happy to provide this to you in exchange political favour and cash.

From Shade: done deal, I'll be there soon enough

These messages were sent over the past several days on encrypted channels. The Shade’s history as deal breakers seems to be continuing... we demand answers.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hecatian Shade

Mor 9, Inf 4

Spoiler: Public, reply Seldiva
    Show
    Competitors,

you'll have them.

Seeing as we are next to several of the greatest military forces of our galaxy, and can no longer match them blow for blow, it is only reasonable to take measures to avoid such a confrontation, peace being the best one, closiing possible avennues of attack being a requirement for proper peace.

I can with all honesty say that our "move" against you (as we didn't believe it necessary to correct terminology), is but a defensive project, one meant to safeguard us. Your recent building up of military (which your "source" might have let you know we were informed of) without asking us, who are known for it and the failure to seal the lanes, made us decide to rush it, as it made trust in the peace deal shaky, at best.

With your declaration of peace made openly, we would continue our previous agreement, in spite of the likelihood that we may not receive anything in return, but there was no reason to not complete our defensive project, having already acquired loans for it, some of them using the word "move", yes.

Given our history together, I hope you are not going to chastise us for erring on caution and making an useless system-spanning trinket, at least hopefully useless, if our peace lasts.

taking a chance for peace,
    -Warmaster Adalith, Comander of the Herald's servants.
    Last edited by neriractor; 2021-06-10 at 07:09 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325

AssassinGuy

Show

Just ensuring that if you make a move This turn the Galaxy at large, and ourselves, will turn your empire into into a Thermonuclear Oven :)

Have fun with defences! Hiding behind walls is the definition of peace after all!

Hilde, Competitor of Conquest Principia

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    Don't doubt the galaxy would be that proactive to punish us,

same to you.

-Warmaster Adalith, Comander of the Herald's servants.

27. - Top - End - #327

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: To the PPS: MOR 12
    Show

Half is sending as a direct credit transfer this year. The full amount will be MOR or ECON next year,

When we mention the Keyword, the sentence starting with E will mean ECON and M will mean M. If there is a mix, we will include the two numbers within the message. Econ will be the first number, MOR the second.

Have good day

Spoiler: Knights: MOR 4
    Show

Payment will be in direct credits from our vault. (ECON)

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Turn 7 - Nemesis

"Hell has three gates: lust, anger, and greed."
    - Vyasa, The Bhagavad Gita

The Great Crash - 9457.09

Josk Grivar whistled a new tune as he strode out of his apartment vertblock on the 334th floor, though anyone who knew him might have been surprised at that occurrence.

His work deep in the city of Taris 9 for the Garithaxis Prosperous Limited processing plant - a subsidiary of Atraxia Defense, which was now owned by what the locals called the 'Knights Overlord' - took long hours and paid barely more than enough to survive. Though he was slowly building up his retirement savings, it'd be a few years before he could afford to get what he wanted. If he was being honest with himself, he was looking forward to moving to one of the smaller cities on the far side of Lucidia; he'd heard the smog there was light enough you could make out the occasional star.

He'd seen pictures of stars before, and swore that one day when he had it made, he'd get a place where he could count them all.

What his friends down in the hive blocks didn't know, of course, was that Josk was about to have it made. The planetary governor of Hyades and their ministers had secured several profitable trades, wealth was flowing into his sector, and he'd even heard rumors of a big contract for the Knights to be completed before the end of the financial year. Something about raising capital production among the outer worlds? The secrets had been well kept enough; Josk had gotten a slight raise at work to keep his mouth shut, and with some of the other workers on his floor promoted or paid off, he was able to pick up some extra shifts.

Keeping it quiet from his friends was important. After all, why let competitors in on the secret? Before he knew it, he might be busted back down to scrapper, so best to just keep his head down and collect his paycheck. But surely there was no harm in a little whistling, even if it did earn him the odd stare from a passer-by. Truth be told he didn't really know the words, it was just something he'd picked up loitering around one of the spaceport bars.

The folk who came in there always had the most interesting stories, but it was the songs he loved. He'd heard 'Down from Vykareth', 'the Lay of the Zultari', and 'Clang Clang', the endlessly catchy ditty from the Factory Belt that had been sent out by the Apparatus servers as some sort of a joke but had caught on like a summer's plague.

After stepping out of the second turbolift, he headed down the lane to the local recaff store. Normally he wouldn't stop here on his way into work - the nutrient packets were all he could afford in the past on his budget - but they had fresh milk and artificial coffee beans here! It was the height of luxury... but it couldn't hurt to indulge himself just a bit. After all, he had some extra credits in his pocket and he was working a double shift this evening. On a whim, he tapped the take-out machine to add an extra dose of sweetener.

You only live once, or so he'd heard from a trader from Eleusis. Whether that life was forty years or four hundred, you owed it to yourself to experience every little thing at least once. So why not today?

From the corner of his eye, Josk saw on the vid player set up at the corner of the room where endless headlines scrolled over the monitor. He read something in Korykabrian, a bit about the new trades in this sector being due to 'anonymous tips' and 'angel investors'. He didn't know what that meant, being honest, but it sure sounded good. So what if people didn't know where it all came from? Money was money at the end of the day, and every credit in his pocket was one more towards getting out of here.

As his number came up on the store display - R-5498 - he strolled up to the cashier's counter, holding out his arm where the implanted data-chip glowed under his left wrist. Tap and pay, it was that simple. Nobody needed hard currency these days, especially on Taris 9. Why waste good metal on coins?

But Josk frowned as he held his wrist over the scanner only for the light to flash red. There was a message on the monitor.

Insufficient funds.

"What the...?" He tapped his wrist again, only to receive an identical message. Three times. Four.

"That's not possible!" Mindful of the glances behind him from the other people in the ever-growing queue, Josk snarled into the monitor to ask for a biotic customer service rep. The insectoid barista glided over the floor to take a look at the machine, ignoring the susurrus and discontented murmurs around the store.

After a minute or so, the keshek gave him a reproachful look.

"I am so sorry sir, but as of this morning, your account seems to be frozen. A problem with your bank, I believe?"

Darkness, all around it, the suffocating embrace of earth and steel and liquid rock. It was too quiet.

TOO QUIET.

The right words had been said, forbidden utterances from a time long past. The cost in souls - a thousand, all reaped at the precise pinnacle of their life's profligacy - had been eagerly reaped, for to call forth a Greater Daemon of Greed was no small thing. The precious reagents had been burned at the altar, all of the accoutrements of the damned.

So why was it still stuck here?

The entity most recently called Zorruz, Herald of Excess waited in agonizing boredom to be summoned to complete the task which it had been bid to do.

Its thoughts echoed for hundreds of miles, though given its current position it was disturbing only the salamanders, lava wurms and other nameless things that crawled through the center of this molten rock.

This was ridiculous. It had corrupted cities, planets, star-emperors and high priests. It could take any shape, and the sweet lure of its silver tongue knew no bounds. When it had been summoned, it had been all too eager to test its powers upon this plane once more.

What were they waiting for?

Josk could barely see the bank for the crowds.

In the hour it had taken him to get here, he'd seen enough people on the streets to start putting things together. For one, this wasn't just a 'Josk' problem. Everyone he'd seen, everyone he'd spoken to had a variation on the same story: their accounts were overdrawn or frozen, every transaction for the last... for at least three years had been tampered with.

The currency. It had been tainted somehow. Someone had gotten to all of it. And it wasn't just here, either; all morning, Taris 9 had been awash with the news from the Shaded Worlds, the Hegemony, the Belt, even holdings as far on the rim as Creon. Whatever this was, whoever had started this hadn't been content at setting one fire.

The markets had been in freefall since the news broke. Even with all of the audits and investigations being launched, it would take months if not years to untangle all of this. In the meantime, the planetary governors were already talking about setting martial law... until the garrison started to revolt, as their pay had also been withheld.

Still, even for all of the news he'd heard, it was the sight of the bank that had the new reality sink in for Josk. The sea of hoarse shouts and tremulous glares filled Founder's Quadrangle, the base of the skyscrapers that served as the headquarters First National Bank were already surrounded. The doors had been bolted shut, mechanical sentries set at the entry points even as the horde of now penniless customers surged against the barrier. Josk didn't have to strain his ears too much to make out some snippets from the horde, variations on the same outcry.

"My pension is gone!"

"My accounts were declined..."

"... no refunds..."

"Can't accomodate us!"

"F*ck them! They won't even come out..."

"NO MONEY!"

He didn't see who it was that threw the first bomb. But fall it did all the same, catching the side of one of the bank's sentinels and melting through the durasteel exterior into the inner circuitry. Even as it began to teeter, the other robotic defenders stood to attention in unison. The tear gas came next, followed by rank after rank of RIOT models with shields and stun batons.

It was too much for him. He wasn't... he couldn't get involved! Pushing past a wave of reinforcements, he began to make for the lift back up to his vertblock so he could hide this whole nightmare out with a lock on the door. He might have to steal some water and supplies from the store when he ran out, but once this mess was sorted he'd pay everyone back.

Just think of the stars, Josk.

So engrossed was Josk in escaping this hell that he almost missed it: the faintest shift on the breeze. A tremor - barely audible, only felt just below the surface of the skin - traveled the length of his body. He felt... cold. And heavy, like he'd just eaten too much and the weight of the meal was just now settling in his gut. Eyes sharpening, he saw similar gazes in the other protestors, in the gathered crowd. He opened his mouth but no sound emerged.

What happened next was more like a blur. One second he was on an escalator headed away, the next he was in the midst of the mass, shouting along with the rest. Somebody handed him a canister, and he threw it. Those greedy bastards had taken their money and lost it all! What were they going to do now?

They were the real victims here. And they deserved their fair share.

Light in the darkness. A seal opened to the surface, power surging across the web to complete a working years in the making. Its bonds were released at long last. A signal, and a call to action.

FINALLY.

The Wretch spent the next few days huddled in his apartment, unsure of what to do. The prickling built as he watched the news, the economy was crashing. Jobs were lost, his plant shut down and the riots were still going on. Did he feel guilty, for the riots? For the feeling of trampling over strangers?

He probably should feel badly, right?

He had lost everything, and in that nothing the cold had crept in. The Wretch saw it under his skin, a burning absence that begged to be filled at any cost.

Food first, then booze. Gods, he was so hungry.

He had gone out to try and scrounge up some supplies, only managing to snag an old processed meat stick from an overturned cart. Killed the two kids fighting over some bread, but the loaf got soaked in blood. It still didn't taste too bad.

He came home some later to find that his place had been broken into, his things gone or strewn over the apartment. That was alright by him - he'd get something better. If the world would take everything from him... he would take from the world. He would take everything.

He stared out the great bay windows at the burning city. Taris 9 was consuming itself, one soul at a time: great pillars of flames and smoke filled the sky, not quite enough to choke out the screams of the multitudes. Fire.

Well now. There was an idea.

With a manic grin on his face and a lit molotov in his hand he found himself kicking down the door of his old neighbour and filling their apartment with fire. They had a child, two dogs. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

After taking his fill he found himself striding down the street. And as he did, he whistled a familiar tune.

The Galactic Congress - 9458.04

Principia is consumed by chaos as what was once a promised boom in trade this year has turned instead into hellfire and calamity. It would appear that an agent or agents of chaos have spent years flooding the market with subtly fraudulent credits from all different directions, allowing the corruption to fester behind the scenes until they were ready to activate some kind of uncanny contingency. The resulting uncertainty, widespread panics and riots across the sector have left the galactic economy in tatters! The Great Crash, as the businesspeople are already calling it, will be the worst financial disaster in over a century, but beyond that there are demons running loose and billions now homeless and starving. It will be some time before order can fully be restored.

To make matters all the more stark, this year has borne witness to the Doom of Reason. From a clear black sky, lightning has struck for a second time. An energy surge of epic proportions, a song of ruin and rage has been called down on the system of Honkara, new home to the Exiles of Korykabria; the attack was able to light up every sensor board from the Factory Belt to the Shaded Worlds, although the signals were unclear as to exactly who launched such an act of violence. All those who prayed at the altar of the Emperor of Empiricism are no more, scattered to the stellar winds or hideously warped by the touch of the light. Nothing remains of the cult of Logopathor, and the god himself - away from his system when the blow struck - must now leave Principia or himself be dissipated into nothingness.

At the same moment, the very same sages who came to the Congress last year have approached the council with dire warnings: the wide-scale disturbance and pilfering of the Arco-Medean ruins that came about as a result of their groundbreaking research has resulted in a... stirring. A presence between the stars, hideously angry at having its legacy violated by upstarts. The ghosts of the ancients have been awoken, and they are displeased. If the Congress does not immediately vote to send diplomats and researchers to quell the threat, who knows what might happen?

Perhaps, many have begun to wonder in the wake of such crises, the age of re-enlightenment has already come to an end.

Yet there is one announcement at the very tail end of the year that changes the conversation. Representatives from Principia Personnel Solutions have revealed to the galaxy at large that they are declaring an open alliance with the Oracle Family Company. Less than a day later, those same representatives hold a second press conference to reveal that they are providing the same terms of allegiance to the Hecatian Shade. The assassin corp plans to hold a meeting with both parties in which they discuss the division of PPS' various assets and favors to be traded between the trio. In this opening bid for galactic supremacy, a preliminary vote has gotten PPS onto the Congress council. As of this year, they will be able to add their voice to the proposals at hand in Principia.

First among these is the opening of a Grand Arena near Host Station space...

Spoiler: Galactic Event - Heroic Age
    Show
    The Grand Arena concept is the most ambitious inter-faction initiative proposal to be put to the Congress by the public.

This End of Turn, any faction can send a single champion in the form of a Mil VIP to join the arena as they fight off hordes of enemies for the enjoyment of the masses. Each champion clears a number of rounds equal to their Mil Tier + any Mil items attached to them, and each round cleared gives an increasing amount of temp Eco and Mor in any desired combination as well as an automatic level up that will scale. I have made a table below to show the rewards as they progress through the arena's rounds.

Rounds Cleared Stats Gained Level Ups
    1 Round 1 Eco/Mor +0 levels
    2 Rounds 2 Eco/Mor +0 levels
    3 Rounds 3 Eco/Mor +0 levels
    4 Rounds 5 Eco/Mor +1 level
    5 Rounds 8 Eco/Mor +1 level
    6 Rounds 12 Eco/Mor +1 level
    7 Rounds 16 Eco/Mor +2 levels
    8 Rounds 20 Eco/Mor +2 levels
    9 Rounds 25 Eco/Mor +2 levels
    10 Rounds 30 Eco/Mor +3 levels

However, there is a catch. Each round cleared has a cumulative 5% of disabling the VIP for 1 turn and losing all attached items permanently as they are critically injured and their gear is damaged in the ring, up to a total of 50% for all 10 rounds. I will roll this chance separately for each item and each VIP. This is a high risk, high reward play.

Spoiler: Galactic Event - Ghosts in the Machines
    Show
    Advisors warn the Congress that the renaissance of Arco-Medean technologies has resulted in a galaxy wide 'ancient failsafe' that will surely go off unless proper measures are taken to stop it.

If this event is not shut down, all Archeotech that are activated as part of this Midturn have a 50% of malfunction. The factions will still get the effects of those Archeotechs, but there will be a random negative consequence as well.

Spoiler: Public Announcement
    Show
    As of this turn (Turn 7), both the Hecatian Shade and the Oracle Family Company are in a public Influence Alliance with Principia Personnel Solutions. Between the two factions, they will entirely control PPS' actions and their new votes in the Congress.

If these parties survive for 3 turns and achieve the rest of the steps necessary, both the Shade and OFC will win the game at the start of Turn 10.

OOC: Midturns are due at end of day (EST) on Thursday, June 17th.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2021-06-12 at 01:32 PM.
    Show
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Running:

29. - Top - End - #329

The Chrysaorian Hegemony

Morale 19
    Influence 10

The city of Eleusis sprawled under the golden-yellow sky, twin suns beginning to set. Enormous towers, as wide as city blocks and kilometres tall, pierced the heavens. Each was home to tens of thousands. The areas between them were lush, carefully bioengineered by Demeter, Goddess of Agriculture; beautiful gardens for all to enjoy. Scattered throughout were various buildings, places of commerce, artistry, and community. It was beautiful, and as General Medomai Helike rode the hypertube capsule up towards her apartment, it broke her heart to know that by her own actions, the safety and security of all whole dwelled within was jeopardized.

She tore her eyes from the city below her, unable to bear the sight of it. Her head swam with briefings; she had been in meetings all day. No one knew what to do about the Furies. They were terrorists, or possibly freedom fighters; it was a story that had been told time and time again since humanity had first adopted a formal governance structure. The Hegemony saw their sort nearly constantly.

The only difference this time was that the Furies were winning, somehow. Hegemony troops were ambushed by suspiciously well-armed rebels. Supply trains were intercepted, and raids on suspected Fury bases found them hastily abandoned hours before the attack. No one except General Medomai knew what to make of it.

The hypertube capsule slowed as she reached her destination. Her apartment wasn’t quite at the top of Pinnacle 7346, despite her impressive, 80-year career with the Chrysaorian Defense Force. The apartments at the very top were reserved for true heroes, or the families of those who had earned that mantle posthumously.

Medomai sighed. She envied those heroes, who fought for a home they could come home to. Medomai’s daughters were either dead or not on speaking terms with her. She had always been a better commander than a mother. Her husband had passed twelve years ago. Chrysaorians lived long lives, but they were not immortal. With few exceptions.

She pressed her hand against her door, and it opened for her. Her apartment was sparsely decorated, with wall-to-ceiling windows providing illumination from the now-orange sky. She was halfway across the threshold when she saw the man sitting on her couch.

Exactly 0.26 seconds later, her nanoscythe was deployed, humming quietly in her left hand. Squinting against the glare of the setting suns, she demanded that the intruder identify himself. He stood up, heedless of the danger, and snapped his fingers. The window behind him rippled and tinted – there’s no way he could have done that, she thought to herself, those are keyed to my biometrics – and then she saw who he was and her whole body went ice-cold.

The man looked to be in his forties, though it was challenging to tell. He was solidly built, rippling with muscles in an aesthetically pleasing manner; not a bodybuilder, but a professional athlete. His clothing did not set him apart; only his salt-and-pepper gray beard and the infinite depth of his gray eyes marked him for who he was.

She fell to her knees, her heart pounding in her chest, as she averted her eyes from Zeus, Lord of the Heavens and Saviour of Humanity.
    How long she knelt there, she did not know. It could have been minutes. It could have been hours. Mountains crumbled and oceans boiled as she waited, rigid, for the death she knew awaited her.

Except that death didn’t come. She knew that Zeus could have killed her with a twitch of his fingers. Oh, she’d seen plenty of Zeus in her time. You could hardly go anywhere without running into one of his various incarnations. They were everywhere, watching and guiding with superhuman patience and wisdom, and getting more numerous by the year. But there had never been one in her home before.
    “Oh, child.” His voice was soft and kindly. She did not expect that. “Stand up, please. There is no point pretending. I know what you have done.”

Treason. The word danced on her lips. She had her reasons for supporting the Furies, but what did those matter in the face of divinity?
    Swallowing, she rose and looked at Zeus, her weapon forgotten. His eyes were like the sky, endless and indifferent. She knew it was probably a calculated look. It didn’t make it any less impressive.

“Please, General. Come sit,” the god in her living room said, gesturing at the couch opposite him as he returned to his seat. She obeyed, for what other choice did she have? She was doomed regardless.

“W-what-” she said, hating the tremor in her voice. Was she not stronger than this? She hadn’t served for eighty years because of timidness. “What do you want from me?”

Zeus learned forward, sporting a sympathetic expression. “Well, I suppose I would like you to start with an explanation. Why, after such a long and distinguished career, would you throw it all away by working with a group of quarrelous upstarts looking to tear down everything we have built?”

Zeus’ gaze was piercing. Medomai thought about lying, considered defiance, and then thought better of it. “Because they were right.”

The King of the Gods frowned. “They wanted the right for self-determination, yes?” She nodded.

“They think that humanity should be free to choose its own leaders, its own path. That the Gods… that you… pervert the order of things. That we were meant to guide ourselves as a species. And…” she licked her lips, her mouth suddenly dry. “I agree with them. Gods help me, I agree with them. We were made for more than this. You and the other gods keep us in line. Oh, we can choose how to spend our lives up to a point. We choose what we do for work, for those of us who wish to, and what form of luxury and leisure we adopt otherwise.” She was angry now, her voice shaking with barely-suppressed rage. “But we don’t make any of the important choices. We live our little lives beneath your boots, unable to pass laws or dictate policy. We don’t get to choose to go to war, to make peace, to expand, to grow. That is robbed of us, by you and your brothers and all the other gods you have surrounded yourself with. Our only individual ambition is securing a place in Elysium” she was shouting now, unable to contain herself, “and I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT ANY LONGER!”

She realized, belatedly, that she was standing. Her hands shook, and the anger washed out of her, leaving only fear behind. Exhausted, she fought to stay upright. And all the while, Zeus looked contemplative.

“Ah, child,” he said, after a long pause. “I forget what it is like to be young. Forgive me – I know you’re approaching a hundred years old – but when your lifespan is measured in the thousands, you tend to forget the impudence and arrogance of youth.”

He stood, arms clasped behind his back, and began walking sanguinely around her apartment. “Yes. You are correct. We – the Gods – do not grant you the freedom to choose the path of your lives in aggregate, only individually. This is a freedom denied to you, and I will tell you why.”

She blinked. She had not expected him to tell her this. That the Lord of the Heavens was being so candid with her; well, it meant only one thing. She would not be surviving the night after all. She reached inside herself for fear and found none, only a sense of tired resignation.

“Some days, I think that I should let humanity run itself into the ground of its own accord, as it has done so many times before. I would do so with sorrow in my heart, but it is a choice I could make. But I will not. The Pantheon will not. We are all that remains of humanity, and I will not see it devour itself, or grow weak in the face of the threats that are out there.” To punctuate this, Zeus waved a hand in the direction of the sky outside. “Not quite now, but soon, there will be pressing threats to our existence. This is known to us. We cannot afford the luxuries of distraction or debate. Humanity must be ready, humanity must be ordered, if it is to survive the trials ahead. I have sacrificed liberty on the altar of security and prosperity, and I will do so time and time again until humanity has reached its potential, when humanity is too powerful to truly end itself through its own inadequacies and short-sightedness.”

Seeing that she remained unconvinced, Zeus sighed. “Tell me, child, do you – do any Chrysaorians – lack for food, water, shelter, entertainment, companionship? Your every need is provided for you. Your ancient progenitors would be shocked at how well you live. All it took was the relinquishing of self-governance. Some day, the Gods will leave humanity be, but it is not today, and it will not be for many centuries.”

There was an awful, horrible truth to his words. Silence stretched between them.

“I-”, she tried to speak, floundered. She mustered up what childish defiance she had left and said, “I suppose this is the point at which you tell me the Furies are dead. That you killed them for our own good.” Gods help her, she tried to keep the bitterness from her voice, but it was hard.

And Zeus, the immortal monster before her, laughed. He laughed, and hatred flared in her heart, only to be quenched when he spoke the simple word “No”.

“No?” she asked, dumbstruck.

“No,” he said, with a mirthless smile. “No, the Furies are very much alive. They have been given a colony shuttle with plenty of fuel and supplies. They have enough, if they are careful, to eke out a meagre existence wherever they go. They are banished, of course. They have forsaken the Hegemony, and if they even think about returning I shall slaughter them without pity, but they are finally free to choose for themselves.” He sighed. “It would have been kinder to kill them, in this galaxy.”

She swallowed. All her righteous wrath had elaborated in the face of his divine mercy. The pause stretched on. After what seemed like forever, she asked a simple question: “What now?”

“Well,” said the King of the Gods. “Now it is time for your punishment. Really, child. Did you think there would be no consequences for your treason?”

Grizzled old General Medomai shut her eyes, suffused with a sense of calm. Her sacrifice had bought those men and women their freedom. It was enough. “Go ahead,” she said. “I am ready. I ask only that when you inform my remaining daughters of my death, you let them remember me as a patriot, and not as a traitor.”

“I’m afraid that won’t be possible,” said Zeus, and his eyes were cruel, grey as a summer storm. “You see, you won’t be dying today. Not ever, in fact, not truly. You will serve the Hegemony that you tried to help overthrown for all eternity. You will shepherd its people into a safer future.”

Comprehension dawned on her, and the terror she felt was real. She rocked forwards and fell to her knees. She felt like she might be sick.

“Rise, my daughter, and take your place in the Pantheon. Let your wisdom guide humanity. Let your might shield them. Let your handicraft protect them. Rise, Pallas Athena, and embrace divinity.”

Zeus stepped forward, and when his hand stroked her cheek, it was a paternal gesture, full of familiarity and terrible promise, and she knew she had lost. There and then, she swore it would be the last time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

192 years later

Athena hated killing.

Oh, she loved the strategizing, the planning, the abstract concept of murder. In the many, many years since her Ascension to the Pantheon, her taste for victory and conquest had grown and grown. Zeus’ prophecy had come true; she had guided humanity into a better, brighter future. That was small consolation, though, as she hovered thousands of kilometres above the surface of the planet – previously controlled by the Domin – and the railguns built into her enormous body fired with calculated precision on the few remaining holdouts, and in her digital heart she knew sorrow.

Truth been told, most of the various insurgent bands had surrendered without a fight; she had pacified most of them with her presence alone. But there were always some who fought for freedom, against all odds, in defiance of reason.

Her memories crystalized by divinity, she thought back to that conversation she had had with the man she had come to see as her father on the night she became a god. While he had been honest with her about much, she knew now that Zeus had not told her the full truth. She doubted he would ever step down, no matter how much humanity progressed; he was too proud. They all were. They would see this through to the bitter end.

And all the while, the ship that housed this iteration of her consciousness rained death and destruction on those poor, doomed souls who had attempted to resist the security and prosperity offered by the Chrysaorian Hegemony.

----------------------------------------------------------

End of Fluff Piece One – Originally Written During Turn 6, before the Crash.

But the Crash deserves its own, for what it brings about.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Immortality is tiresome.

And so, Demeter rested.

It was not quite sleep. She did not dream, as such, merely experienced flashes of colours and sensations. But it was enough to rejuvenate her.
    And after six years of hibernation, she awoke. She seeded her consciousness all over the Hegemonic systems, in preparation to take direct control over agriculture and intraplanetary commerce.

And then it all went wrong.

--------------

A year’s worth of festivities and investments. Ruined in a single day.

Oh, the Hegemony suffered for it. Coinage corrupted and worthless. Accountants driven to suicide, lighting their offices on fire. For the first time in memory, the citizens of the Hegemony were briefly introduced to the concept of poverty. Plans were disrupted at a crucial time. But it was only a setback. The Hegemony was not truly harmed in any meaningful way.

Until the Demon’s influence reached Demeter, Goddess of Agriculture and the Harvest. Newly awakened, she was vulnerable in a way that the other members of the Pantheon – even Hecate and Apollo – were not. All cross the system, her incarnations turned their expertise against the Hegemony she loved, as she fell victim to the foul corruption washing across the galaxy.

Demeter, Goddess of Winter, is Unbound. Woe to all that stand in her way.

Action Failed. Major Threat (Demeter Unbound) unleashed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler: To OFC and the Competition, Public
    Show

The Galaxy has been the victim of a terrible, indiscriminate crime. The Great Crash, as it is being referred to, has caused immeasurable losses across the galaxy, and the perpetrator must be brought to justice. Demeter, Goddess of the Harvest, has been corrupted and turned against us. Our people have suffered. The Hegemony will not stand for this.

We know now that the taint of psionics lies upon this. This leaves only three factions as possible culprits. One of them - the Idrian Nascence - cannot be responsible, as the damage and corruption goes back at least three years. Vile as they are, the schemes of the Nascence were revealed last season, and this was not one of them.

This leaves in fact only the two of you, the Oracle Family Company and the Competition of Minds, as possible orchestrators. One of you willingly and methodically unleashed this devastation on the galaxy. We know that both of you willingly traded away [Econ] the previous turn in large amounts, so we cannot use this as evidence against one of you over the other. As such, we ask you both to defend yourselves, in front of the galaxy. What arguments do you have that would convince us that it is not you?

Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2021-06-12 at 10:57 AM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

30. - Top - End - #330

Devil

Oracle Family Company
    Inf 8
    Mor 12

Having received notice of the accusations of the hegemony Zerresshk decided to address the congress in open session.

It seems the representative from the hegemony wishes to assign blame and it seems we are being considered as a potential source of the decimation that we all witnessed. We do not take this personally and suggest the representative is acting out of grief and fear, rather than genuinely ascribing blame to us. Although we are offended to be lumped in the same bucket as the one who inevitably appears to us to be responsible for this...event...we shall not let emotions and pride cloud our position.

Those who know us through our dealings have found us fair and constant allies. And we would prefer to think that we have made allies and connections throughout the galaxy rather than enemies, we have extended the olive branch more than once. Indiscriminate destruction is not something we are interested in, condone nor would perpetrate.

To suggest otherwise would reveal in those whom we have dealt either pathological suspicion or a lack of understanding. Psionic ability is much like a weapon, the ability does not define the user, the user shapes the ability. This type of manifestation is unlikely to be ascribed to the Nascence...yet it is reminiscent of the more unsavoury practices of others that do not belong in a society with rules but rather one where nothing matters other than destruction.

That said...short of a full inquiry, we do not see a way for proof other than trust, but we would like to think that those who are allies or at least trading partners know we would not be so foolish as to implicate ourselves so bluntly. This action stinks of weakness and desperation, which we are not.

Should the congress as one decide to investigate, we would be happy to contribute our fair share in uncovering the culprit under the auspices of a neutral party. If only to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that we were not responsible. As to our vast divestment, we would point out that that was only the part received through our exploration. We can grant the Hegemony alone access to the reports of this for corroboration. We were also injured by the crash...We had started work on a project which failed taking all the resources invested therein with it. It should be obvious to you Zeus what we refer to...We do not give away our riches idly.