1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Principia IC

Competition of Minds
    Mor 8
    Inf 3

Spoiler: Hegemony, Public
    Show
    Nothing else you have said outlines the arrogance of your false gods so perfectly.

When you suffer a setback the entire Galaxy must stop and aid you. No one else had the need to make demands of other nations. Yet when we suffer a heinous attack against our people you call us out as trying to use tragedy for our own ends.

We actually have reasons for our accusations.
    - The PPS reveal of the Shade owning the completed Null Box.
    - The message the Shade sent the Hegemony saying "We can also use the nullbox to help prevent tampering with the investigation, unless you think the measure is too harsh.". The investigation you are throwing in our face and are so invested in.
    - Your completely unsubstantiated aggression towards us since the event when we have done nothing to you other then have Psykers in our ranks.

You have clearly decided who you want to be the guilty party here and are working to that end without proof. Even your "agreement" shows blatant favorism where you ask us for three times the amount of resources then any other nation, including the other nation you 'say' you are investigating.

We cannot take anything you say as truth and refuse to be a part of anything related to you. You clearly work against us or at least aiding those who you know to be our enemies.

Declare your war if you wish. Show yourselves to be the despicable traitors who care more for your own agendas then the truth.

Your plan with the Shade to neuter our Psykers and intimidate us into sending our last line of defense far from our home will not succeed!
    Last edited by GameOfChampions; 2021-06-18 at 09:17 PM.
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Idrian Nascence

Influence 1, Public

Spoiler: Magnus Apparatus
    Show

It’s been a tough winter, we’re gonna have ta eat the seed corn
    But since EVERYTHING MUST GO
    I can make that work
    So we going to pawn this jewellery or not?

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

I can very literally do exactly 10 – 7 Psi, 2 Sci, 1 Inf.
    Econ, by preference.
    Or, well, properly, Economy and then exactly 1 Military would be ideal, but entirely understandable if that doesn't work.

Last edited by St. Justicar; 2021-06-19 at 07:30 AM.
    Won Total War: Rise of Kingdoms as the Free City of Khasal
    Lost Total War Hanrui 3 as the Clockwork Republic

So turn with the turn of the merry-go-round
    And dance to its jolly old song.
    Who will you be, in a name or three
    And a stranger’s face, worn wrong?

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Chrysaorian Hegemony

Morale 19
    Influence 10

Spoiler: To the Competition of Minds, Public
    Show

It is not just us who suffered a setback - though none have stepped forward and claimed as grievous an injury. We are not receiving anything from anyone, as the Magnus Apparatus is investigating on behalf of the entire sector. Our aggression towards you (and OFC, to be clear, though you may not be capable of reading that and as such are assuming that it doesn't exist) is based on the fact that you two are the most likely suspects. Here is our reasoning:

1. You and Channel Seldiva, a close ally, both sought to offload significant amounts of [ECO] before this event - almost as if you knew it was planned. In particular, you finished one message to the Shade in which you traded them a substantial amount of [ECO] with "Enjoy the Wealth", which is incredibly suspicious in the context of what occurred afterwards.
    2. Neither you nor Channel Seldiva appear to have been affected in the slightest by this. Channel Seldiva has claimed that Neptune (their ECO VIP) prevented them from suffering damages, but [ECO VIPs] held by myself or the Magnus Apparatus did nothing to prevent us from the consequences. At least OFC has claimed to be harmed by this.
    3. There is evidence to suggest that a Demon was involved in this calamity. Of all the factions in this section, we believe that you are the most likely to summon one. Regardless, this had a serious psionic bent to it.
    4. Long-term projects, as you claimed in a previous message while denying culpability, are exactly the sort of thing the Competition of Minds specializes in and approves of.
    5. OFC and the Hegemony have previously collaborated and traded on multiple occasions. If this had been them, they likely would have warned us, rather than risk provoking a faction that viewed them positively. We were not aligned against them and did not threaten their ambitions.
    6. The Nascence (who we would otherwise suspect) is cleared from this particular wrongdoing due to their frankly embarrassing security on their long-term plans.

When all of these are taken into account, we believe our hostility is justified. We do not have proof that you were responsible. OFC remains a possible culprit. This is exactly why we are pushing so hard for an investigation - if you are proven to be innocent, then we shall absolutely apologize and provide reparations.

Now, regarding your claims: in the confusion and rush surrounding the mid-year period, we entirely missed the Shade's suggestion that they use the Null Box against you. We have publicized our response to the Shade [see Post #349 - note that only the message to the Shade is made public], and it is clear that we did not condone, acknowledge, or even approve such a course of action.

Your grievance against the Shade is legitimate, but an offer from another party to use archeotech that was overlooked by us does not constitute betrayal or treason. The Shade may have acted in what they thought was our interests, but we played no part in it.

Given that you have fairly justifiably misinterpreted the situation, we apologize for saying that this was a ploy to avoid contributing to the investigation. If what you say is true - after all, we have no idea whether or not the Shade actually activated the Null Box - then you have suffered, but we are not responsible for it, and we would still have your Espionage for the investigation; the use of the Null Box does not eradicate the suspicion we have for you. If you wish, we can contribute another [3 PSI] to somewhat offset the effects of the Null Box.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Of course, you don't have to believe me, but in the mad rush around midturn I completely overlooked that part of the message. I don't know if it was added as an edit, or if I was focused on the other bits, but either way - my message to the Shade in Post 349 is now public. You can confirm that I did not endorse such an action there.

Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2021-06-18 at 09:58 PM.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

4. - Top - End - #364

AssassinGuy

To the Public Discourse:

To answer for the accusations laid at our feet.

In terms of our allyship. Psyker Wars is still off the air at the moment, though we still have close relations with our neighbour because well, they’re close and episodes featuring the Competition are good for ratings.

For trading away Economy. As it turns out, we offered raw credits as it’s the easiest thing to offer. Most nations, when being ASKED for a resource, are going to prefer economic gains. Notice (and others can confirm) that we didn’t push anyone to take economy is they said they’d prefer something else? Including the Shade who, let’s face it, we’re not friends with.

Frankly one of the notes of accusation being that someone said “Enjoy the wealth” when sending billions of credits to someone’s account is... almost comical. It’s a vaguely fancy “here you go.”

That said. We still support the investigation into the actions of factions last turn. Though we would suggest that the Hegemony is more fair to the Competition to ensure actual cooperation.

Especially considering that... missing a key part of a message like that is uncharacteristic of a nation as orderly as yours.

Spoiler: To the Shade: MOR 12
    Show

Well. That didn’t pass.

Are you still interested in any trade this season? We will have need for science to properly dismantle the lanes next year. Additionally we do have a need for Morale because... well not to state the obvious but I don’t think you’re going to tell the PPS to avoid Seldiva based contracts.

We have MIL to spare.

Spoiler: To the Competition of Minds: MOR 12
    Show

We know the Hegemony is being unreasonable. Perhaps let them argue with us for a moment before unleashing everything you can at them.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Principia Personnel Solutions
    Mor 20, Inf 4

Spoiler: To the Chrysaorian Hegemony
    Show
    "Hello again respected Hegemons,

I am reaching out to you half as a courtesy call, half as an invitation. You will be hearing shortly from the Shade in a tone that is, shall we say, 'less than flattering'. PPS is officially urging you to disregard it, as the Shade's op-sec is woefully inadequate and there may be others listening in on that particular line of communication. It's a bit of a smoke and mirrors game, you understand.

Now, the invitation! The Hecatian Shade, Oracle Family Company and ourselves would like to extend an offer to you. As the enlightened, peaceful factions in this sector, we believe that the Hegemony is a key part of a brighter future for Principia. As a part of our alliance, we would all share in the spoils of victory."

Show
    You are being invited to send a VIP to a meeting between OFC, the Shade, and PPS. You will hear a similar alliance offer to the one that the OFC made to you a few turns ago.

Spoiler: To the Idrian Nascence
    Show
    "Hello you rascal infestation you!

Now I can't help but notice a distinct lack of knifing like I asked - unless that bloody bit of business that ended the Logopatronites was in fact you, but if that's the case then the Competition is stealing your thunder. For shame.

Anyhow, as PPS is under new management we do have a new directive for you, and I'm going to speak plainly because you know where we put all of our covert agents last year: you are going to ruin Channel Seldiva's day. We don't care particularly how you do it, but you should be sabotaging any action they take. Whether that's hitting them directly, subverting trades, not taking their orders and generally hindering them as well as the Competition.

As a good faith payment, you are also to send one of your psionics experts to the Oracle Family Company at the end of the financial year instead of sending anyone to meet with the Competition of Minds. This will prove that you are willing to deal with winners, not just the system's outcasts and broken things.

I hope that I have made my terms clear."

Show
    Pretty much what it says on the tin: they are threatening you with mass VIP destruction if you don't comply with their demands, which are to subvert Seldiva entirely and to send the VIP you would otherwise be sending to the Competition's private meeting to PPS / OFC / Shade instead.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; Yesterday at 12:23 PM.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Running:
    - Tales of Neutral Ground

Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms (Ironfang Republic)

Loser of Total War: The Final Hanrui (Elda Hafnar)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

6. - Top - End - #366

The Chrysaorian Hegemony

Morale 19
    Influence 10

Spoiler: To PPS
    Show

We accept - for now.

Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hecatian Shade

Morale 10, Inf 4

Spoiler: The Chrysaorian Hegemony
    Show
    Hegemons,

Just how stupid of a people do you think we are? (and you yourself, having humans amidst us as well) Instead of Changing the flow of the conversation to resources that can't (and you know this to be true) be delivered beforehand (and they were to be delivered, as you may remember they were only a gift if Seldiva attacked.), can you be so kind as to point out literally any reason for witholding a payment that can be made right away, for our eyes to see, to a time that is in no way advantageous except in how it helps hide embezzlement? That is, aside from betrayal.

You have garnered trust, to be precise you had our trust since the beginning even if popular opinion was you were too weak and vacillating against the Domin. But the signs are too many to ignore, and as you wish to lord forever a single betrayal over our head, I can't help but see you buy into Seldiva's fearmongering, that was just thrown against us both so soon before. I can't help but see the withholding of resources that only makes sense in a single situation, the worst of them. And the most damning thing of all, I can't help but see that you are exactly as respected as before and not more... Am I to believe that you made *something else* with the Cradle and the public aid I asked for is being provided out of your own? leaving The Shade bigger in the eyes of the galaxy than yourself!!!???

I await a reply and it better be a good one,
    -Ala Cait "the follower", second speaker of Hecan, Magni.

PS: You are right about the knights, I suppose the apparatus will do, as the most neutral party.

Show
    But why would you give me permanent stats instead of cradle permanent stats though? and why is your INF still 10?

Spoiler: Channel Seldiva
    Show
    "Including the Shade who, let’s face it, we’re not friends with."

aghhh, my poor wounded hearts...

I suppose it was fair to expect no one but us both and the knights would go for the arena. And we were a little more interested in avoiding the archaotech Catastrophe than seeing that project through.

how much of each are we talking about here? because we can really provide as far as science is concerned, not as much with mor.

Ala Cait "the follower", second speaker of Hecan, Magni.

Spoiler: Competition of minds
    Show
    Judge,

We are not sorry for our actions, your answer was frankly insulting after you implied an attack to one of the bastions of sanity within this galaxy, as such we couldn't allow you a chance to tamper with the investigation.

What we are, is willing to believe it may have been an accident, or covering up for your ally, who wasn't targeted because of its weakened state and inability to understand something as complex as tampering, and as such, if you tell us how much you lost due to the nullbox and the investigation doesn't lead to you... or it leads to your partner and you renounce them we can return that ammount +50% as an apology.

Have a neutral day, as risks won't be taken,
    Warmaster Adalith, Commander of the Herald's servants.
    Last edited by neriractor; Yesterday at 03:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Idrian Nascence

Spoiler: PPS, OFC, Shade, and anyone else who feels like reading
    Show

The response is broadcast off one of the relay stations that had until recently been broadcasting Logopathorite educational material at all hours of the day

Such courtesy and politesse! When you phrase your demands so gently, how could we possibly refuse? Especially the ones that are clearly mutually incompatible when you put those cyborg brains of yours together and think for a moment.

So sorry we weren’t sufficiently eager to claim credit for our work, but I do hope you found it entertaining. It was cathartic work, really. Though their riposte, less so.

But I digress. The first part of your demands are theoretically possible. The second are difficult as, at the moment, our Exemplars are in rather high demand, and we weren’t planning on doing that. The Leviathan’s Song (tier 2 Psi) can be put at their disposal, but only if you can provide equivalent value in raw materials. Otherwise we’re on our way to the grave anyway, and making things more convenient for your new employers as we go doesn’t particularly appeal.

-Xate

Won Total War: Rise of Kingdoms as the Free City of Khasal
    Lost Total War Hanrui 3 as the Clockwork Republic

So turn with the turn of the merry-go-round
    And dance to its jolly old song.
    Who will you be, in a name or three
    And a stranger’s face, worn wrong?