1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Principia IC

The Chrysaorian Hegemony

Morale 16
    Influence 8

Spoiler: To Channel Seldiva
    Show

We do genuinely appreciate the offer. Unfortunately, our representatives are needed elsewhere; we would be happy to meet with you next season, if you would like, and know that we will not move against you in the interim.

Apparently the Competition is declining to use their Espionage to conduct the investigation; as such, we are prepared to provide it next season for investigation, unless you have [3 ESP] with which to conduct the investigation into the culprit.

Spoiler: To the Hecatian Shade
    Show

Regarding your interests,

1. We appreciate your intent, but that is a matter to be settled directly between us and Logopathor. Your concern is noted.
    2. We do not need military, unfortunately, but we wish you luck in acquiring what you need.
    3. This is not an option. Any such attempt shall be met with extreme prejudice. You have an abundance of territory of your own; do not attempt to take that which you have no reasonable claim over.

Respectfully.

Spoiler: To the Competition of Minds
    Show

Very well. If you need our espionage in the coming season, then perhaps we can provide it for this investigation.

Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2021-05-30 at 04:47 PM.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

2. - Top - End - #242

EvilClericGuy

Mor 1, INF 5

Spoiler: Channel Seldiva
    Show
    We have 5 INF available for trade this season, and we would most enjoy ESP in exchange, but almost every other resource would be useful.
    Spoiler: Total War
    Show

As
    The Celestial Empire of Longshan

Spoiler: Domination Victory
    Show

Equinox League

Red Aurora College - Fae of the Four Courts - Khalos Guild - Celestial Empire

(Pretend there’s more spoilers here because I haven’t found the will to digitize my campaign setting yet)
    寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

3. - Top - End - #243

Spoiler: To Logopathor: MOR 8
    Show

Offering 2 ESP and 3 ECON for the INF.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Turn 6 - Cabal

"An alliance with a powerful person is never safe."
    - Phaedrus

Cause - 9453.12

The telephones rang. In point of fact, they never stopped ringing. All through the building - wall to wall carpeting in some drab cousin to aquamarine, cream coloured walls with tired wood accents - they rang. The view from the duraglass windows on the 77th floor would surely have been stunning, save for the smog that pressed up against its surface. When it relented, usually for a few hours in the afternoon or just after sunset, one would be able to see the unrelenting glare of the metropolis beyond, brilliant and cold and very far away. But nobody ever bothered to look outside, these days.

They'd paved paradise here on Creon 6DE, and as an old song said, had put up a parking lot. Well, skyscrapers, but it was a catchy tune all the same.

"Mr. Doric?" The man sitting in the office at the end of the row was slouched in his chair, staring at the set of monitors in front of him. He was balding, with more salt than pepper in his rough beard, and wore a suit clearly too small for him around the waistline, doughy body spilling over his belt. Bleary eyes more bloodshot than clear did not move, barely blinked. His mind, after all, was elsewhere. He did not react to the hand tapping his shoulder the first time.

"Excuse me sir? Are you Wyatt Doric?" At the sound of the full name he turned at last, making eye contact with the assistant. All high heels and skirts, a trisivar more notion than flesh, in all six eyes an implied demand to follow. The middle manager's eyes glanced over towards the other end of the floor, at the glass-walled conference room where he could see another figure waiting for him.

'Doric' paused, thoughts on hold. A light blinked beneath the skin at the base of his neck as sensory data was transmitted to the neural relay network. Then, as the outer boundaries of this limited consciousness unfolded, Crimson Phoenix Dynamo took the sleeve out of standby mode and assumed direct control. The body's eyes narrowed.

What does she want? The sleeve hesitated, but saw no way to politely refuse the request. Whatever play Shado-Kynes was going to make, let her do it now and get it over with. He had more enjoyable diversions to return to. So in the end he got up and followed the assistant as requested.

The conference room was more of the same, unforgiving lighting and a stark desk of vat-grown wood substitute. The forests on Creon 6DE were all artificial, but if you couldn't tell the difference, did it really matter? The woman who was sitting opposite him at the table invited him to take a seat, introducing herself as 'Ms. Bretberg from employee resources'. She opened a folder in front of her and slid second one over to him.

A muscle moved at the corner of the sleeve's mouth. Oh, that b*tch. She's not really going to... now? Now? When I'm so close?

Though it was the compliance officer's lips speaking the words, but he knew well enough who had put them to paper. "I am obviously sorry that we are here today, but these are extraordinary times, as you very well must know."

"I know it doesn't look that way, but even when I'm in this sleeve I run Contract Enforcement. I don't see how that's a natural place to start cutting - "

"This is in no way personal. The majority of your department is being let go today." She stopped for a moment, and all Doric's ears could hear was the faint ticking of the clock at the back of the conference room. "Ms. Bretberg is now going to go through the details of what the company is willing to offer."

Crimson Phoenix Dynamo, still thinking furiously, effected a sigh. "Okay."

"Mr. Doric, PPS is offering you six months' severance at half your salary. You will keep all non-combat sleeves and company inventory of Class E or lower that you currently hold; health and dental will also be extended during that time. You have until," at this she checked her watch, "tomorrow at 4:47 pm to take this offer or it will be revoked. Do you understand?"

"Yes." It didn't matter that this was a sleeve; they would have been informed. A single look at the document saw that the employee being let go went by his birth name.

"Unfortunately, Mr. Doric, due to the sensitive nature of your work here, the company has to take certain precautions for security purposes. I hope, given your," here she paused again to check the script, "over 19 years of service to PPS that you understand these measures are in no way indicative of any feelings towards your performance or your character."

At this he wore a frown. "No... sorry, no, I don't understand."

"She's apologizing, for," a flicker of a glance between the two. Were they nervous? The sleeve's eyes glazed over as Crimson turned on the infrared filter and internal scanners. Ah, elevated heart rates and higher than normal activity in the human's adrenal glands. Well, he chuckled inwardly, they knew for certain who he was then. "For what's about to happen."

"Your weapons caches, access to company data servers, all aliases and any enhanced sleeves will be restricted as of this meeting," she gestured at the clock. Tick, tick, tick. "And these gentlemen will take you to your office so that you can clear out any personal belongings."

He stared forward, unblinking. "What about what I'm currently working on? The Annihilation Protoc - "

"Principia Personnel Solutions has worked out its transition plan, and is prepared to move forward, but we do appreciate your concern."

"We understand that this is difficult," chimed in the assistant, "and here is my card. Please contact me in the next few weeks if you need any assistance with this transition in your existence." She indicated the doors behind him, where a pair of armored rhoxians had appeared and were waiting for him. He stared at the two of them, making so secret of sizing them up.

"Sir?" The closest security guard asked. It wasn't really a question, he knew.

"... Okay. Okay."

Tick, tick, tick, continued the clock.

Effect - 9454.07

In a different office building, in a different month, in a different year, there stood a different table. At this table, decisions were made that determined the course of billions of lives, scores of planets on stars hundreds of light years apart. This table was nothing special - neither was the room in which it was placed, really - save for that around it sat the vessels for Principia Personnel Solutions' executive committee.

And today business was booming. Of the twelve seats, eight were filled. The Gurus, vice-presidents of the company by appointment en lieu of a formal CEO or CFO, each had their respective domains and on paper at least saw equal profits from PPS' various ventures. Of course, things were rarely that simple. For one, the very nature of their responsibilities saw certain members increase in value, while others had taken demotions.

But put everyone together in a circle and suddenly everything seemed a lot more equal.

They listened raptly to the artificial intelligence in cybernetic form who was gesturing to the holographics display hovering the middle of the room. It showed projected models; income payments, likely venues of aggression and intervention, percentages of profitability based on actions taken in future conflicts. As the AI spoke over the slowly changing visuals, several symbols came to the fore: case names designed for shareholders to be put into options packages for investments into futures. Each of these portfolios branched off into their own dizzying series of calculations and predictions, including theorized asset holdings and likely changes since the last yearly meeting, and were listed from most valuable to least.

Factory - FAC. 56.89. +7.41. +13.00%.

Lancer - LNC. 55.03. +5.25. +9.54%.

Arena - ARE. 54.95. +9.21. +16.76%.

Prophet - PHT. 52.38. +6.70. +12.79%.

Godhead - GHD. 50.65. +8.97. +17.70%.

Swarm - SWR. 40.52. +6.36. +15.69%.

Contender - CTR. 39.41. +3.24. +8.22%.

Exile - EXL. 25.72. +4.01. +15.59%.

Plague - PLG. 16.19. -23.07. -63.63%.

It was the last of these that Z-46 Unified Observer, VP of Finances, was expounding on to its peers. "As you can clearly see from our analysts, we predict a... significant downturn in PLG's immediate future. My office has already sent out memos to anyone holding stock to liquidate their positions by midday. Due to the high amount of volatility involved both in and out of the market, I believe PPS has a fiscal responsibility to be upfront about our dealings here. Given the significant amount of growth that's projected this year without any war declarations, my department can verify these numbers to a 88% accuracy rating, which falls below our certainty parameters."

There were a few nods around the table at this. Most of what had been discussed here was a part of the weekly email chain, which was constantly evolving as the new trading data came in from across the sector.

Z-46 continued, only stopping when a dark-skinned figure in the shape of a woman raised her hand. Meram Shado-Kynes, VP of Project Management, primus inter pares, usually had the floor when she asked for it, and today was to be no exception.

"Thank you. Calepri has just gotten in touch regarding the meet with the representatives from Godhead, Prophet, and Factory. Together they have put together a stimulus package to induce our agents formerly assigned to Stronghold to re-task their services. Z-46, how far does that change the accuracy rating?"

The artificial being had halted in place halfway through the sentence, and anyone standing nearby would hear the clicking and whirring from beneath the chrome plating. "We are now looking at a 92% accuracy rating, according to my internal algorithms."

"Excellent." Shado-Kynes clapped her hands together. "Once our next payments from OMNISCIENCE UNLIMITED come in, we should then prioritize - " she stopped as something caught her gaze. A trick of the light, or...?

The first bullet went through her eye, hollow point expanding moments after impact to send chunks of splattered brain and skull fragments all over the room.

Before the other executives could even scramble to their feet, figures all around the room appeared as they dropped their cloaking. The guards at the exits slumped to the ground, throats cut, even as the rest of the fire team performed their job with aplomb. Within six seconds, every single vice president, executive assistant, or bodyguard was crippled or dead.

"Hah! Whatdya know, worked like a charm," announced Crimson Phoenix Dynamo, tapping the underside of his helmet to disengage his holo-mask. The same design the rest of his personal squad wore in the field - a bare arctic skull imprinted on black - disappeared, revealing his face to the room. He strode over to Shado-Kynes' chair, kicking it out from under her and causing her to collapse to the floor. She was still spluttering as embalming fluid leaked from the corpse's face.

He sighed. Damned ascarii. Pulling out his combat knife, he got to work digging her out of her latest shell. Writhing in his hands, the worm-like entity hissed and spit at him until he pulled his pistol.

"You're being rude right now. Do you see me being rude? If you'll let me, I'm going to get you into a safe container so your body doesn't collapse on itself." Shaking his head, he beckoned one of his guys who had the tube ready for transport and deposited his former boss within it.

"There you go, a nice nutrient bath until we can find you another host to occupy." The ascarii writhed animatedly, reaching down for the control module. Almost simultaneously, letters began to appear on the display at the bottom of the tube.

Should have stayed gone. Will hunt you down for this.

He snorted. "Please. Parradai and Raith gave me your admin access codes weeks ago. Looks like I wasn't the only one fed up with the way you and that robot were steering the ship. Or don't you think it was odd that they were so quiet in today's meeting?" He held out the tube in the directions of the two other 'vice-presidents'... or rather the home-made clones he'd prepared. The cross-sections in the now visible muscle tissue gave it away.

"You probably didn't even notice. I mean, what did you think this was? We aren't pencil pushers, or did you forget somewhere along the line that we're supposedly a f*cking assassin company?"

Followed trends in demand. Maximized profits. Good for the company.

"See now, that's where you got it wrong, Shado-Kynes. Sure, you grew our books, our bottom line. But you forgot the essence of what we are, of what we do: we shoot things until they stop moving. Or poison them. Or blow them up. Or f*ck, shoot them until they stop moving using poisoned explosives!"

He shook his head, laughing. "It's not about the money..." he tossed her container to one of his fire team, snapping his fingers to summon one of the assistants waiting at the door. "It's about sending a message."

"I want a personal missive from VP Shado-Kynes' personal account to go out to all clients today, expressing our regret but that we have to cancel our current intelligence packages. Tell them..." Phoenix Dynamo thought for a moment, "tell them that we're going dark next year, and that we'll deal with them one on one. That should get tongues wagging again."

He looked at the map of Principia and felt his mouth split into a wolfish grin.

"Everyone burns."

The Galactic Congress - 9455.10

A quieter year greets Principia as there is a distinct lack of any kind of major ship to ship or ground war ensuing. In fact, the amount of official war declarations between powers has dropped to a nil, as Channel Seldiva's peaceful overtures towards the Logopatronites and the Shade round out the fires being put out around the sector. Open war is giving way to the era of big business and profitability, as companies like the Channel, the Oracle Family Company and Principia Personnel Solutions have earned more than their fair share. Even the previous vitriol launched at the Competition of Minds seems to have died down, as the furor over their past experimentation fades quickly from the 48 hour news cycle and their own people have done an admirable job of damage control. The hate sites have been essentially abandoned, giving them more free rein to consolidate and plan this year.

There is, however, one massive exception to the rule.

Less than a month back, the stars themselves came to life in a singular strike the likes of which the sector has not yet seen. Stealth fleets armed and armoured with terrific weapons of mass destruction were launched in an unprecedented coordinated assault on the Nascence worlds, striking at critical junctures to destroy key ecosystems and the majority of their armed forces. At the same time, some kind of strange ritual was performed on the Horizon Signal, and a slew of killings all over Principia revealed millions of infiltrator species already spreading from those systems. What was once the secret knife of the Nascence is forever broken, not likely to be reforged in this generation. That they were able to scrabble onto another world is of little consequence, as the Signal is sent running and even has to abandon one of its very own systems.

In the aftermath, the latest of the Nascence's plots is revealed to all: they were covertly putting parasites in place to infiltrate Principia Personnel Solutions, hoping to hijack their spy network for a short time. Though they had barely begun the project, the evidence is damning enough to seal their doom.

Except PPS has gone unexpectedly dark for months, nobody answering the phone lines. Whatever new game is afoot there, no one is able to say.

Perhaps as a consequence of the armistices around Principia - coupled with renewed confidence in markets thanks to the stabilizations in what is already being referred to as the 'Post-Nascent Era', buyers are flocking to stock markets all over the sector. At the same time, many are calling for renewal and advancement, to empower a new generation of heroes in the likes of the already-disbanded Fivefold Scourge. The Galactic Congress will need to weigh in on the unprecedented spending, to encourage businesses or curb them before they run completely out of control.

At the same time, the Oracle Family Company has once again cleverly put its people in place to sway the Congress this year, as they champion the rights of the heroes who have ignited the passions of the common people of the planets. Monuments and new courses are being proposed, promotion tracks for those in positions of influence to cement that advantage and turn them into true legends.

Spoiler: Galactic Event - Greed is Good
    Show
    Money makes money. This turn, all investments into Eco will be discounted by 1, to a minimum of 4:1 (not including VIPs).

Spoiler: Faction Event - Trust to Authority
    Show
    This motion was presented by the Oracle Family Company.

People trust to heroes, now more than ever. For this turn, all VIPs can be improved for 3 less. A Tier 1 VIP only costs 7 to upgrade, Tier 2 costs 17, etc.

OOC: Midturns are due at end of day (EST) on Saturday, June 5th
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2021-06-02 at 03:12 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

5. - Top - End - #245

The Chrysaorian Hegemony

Morale 17
    Influence 10

Show

We would like to preface any sword-waving and saber-rattling, to quote an anachronism from days long ago.

We are admitting some degree of culpability for the attack on the Nascence, though we did not launch the attack ourselves. We shall not be shamed for it; we are at war with them. It was intended to be a clean kill, ridding the galaxy of the Nascence once and for all.

This is a show of trust, and a peace offering. We wish to reassure you and the Competition that this was a one-time event, and we have no intention of working with the various involved parties again for a strike of this magnitude. It was almost more circumstantial than anything else.

Should you wish to discover who struck the Competition, we can provide you with a very educated guess privately, or we can contribute 2 ESP publicly.

Spoiler: To the Magnus Apparatus
    Show

Given that PPS seems to have withdrawn, we should be safe to communicate privately. I doubt there are any who can read our communications.

We have no particular desire to work with OFC or Logopathor, given that the former seems to delight in intrigue and manipulation, and the latter is vitriolic and too weak to be significant. We would, however, very much like to cultivate a working relationship with the Apparatus, now that you have proven to the galaxy that you are not the mechanical counterpart to the Nascence.

Do consider.

Spoiler: To PPS
    Show

As our neighbors and as long-time clients, we are concerned about your current developments, though we do recognize that it is none of our business. Specifically, we wish to know whether you intend to demolish the Nascence, for their audacity in thinking to subvert you for their own aims.

as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

6. - Top - End - #246

"Folks we are so happy to have Victorya back on the show with us today after her interesting encounter with the Umbra. Now she-"

"Cathy if you say 'Lost' I will throw you through that wall."

"Is the only being we know of to fight the Umbra and come away with her life. Seeing as Ferro took the first retreat in that fight."

"Ferro followed orders and that was smart Cathy."

"She's a smart girl. Now, if you don't mind I'm going to jump to business considering that, well, we have limited time for this broadcast and I have a lot of questions."

"Take it away."

"You were down and out for most of a Solar year, and in that time there have been some huge political changes from Neptune who was handling most negotiations at the time, any comment?"

"You want me to talk **** about my Boss?"

"Progenitor, please."

"Fair enough. Look. Conquest and Channel Seldiva are Neptune's projects. I'm a contestant and by most rules that means that I am leading and all of that but I do not get the final call in Conquest because it's not strictly a Fotuan Empire endeavour. Even before this most of the decisions were collaborative between myself and Principia Neptune."

"You're very good at avoiding questions."

"I'm getting there."

"In the end, I don't think I would have made some of the same calls that Neptune made last year if I'd been part of the decision process. We have a lot of outstanding treaties now that we need to uphold and that is very limiting for our actions this year. Honestly, that's the main part I would have changed.

"So you would have sued for peace from the other nations too?"

"At least one, I don't think there is a situation where we stay in active war with the Nascense after proving our point. There wasn't enough ground to be gained there. That said I've never been the kinda person to live in the past, useless. Just kill the thing in front of you."

"Well then, current events. Let's talk about the unexpected shipment from Logopathor..."

MOR 12, INF 12

Spoiler: To Logopathor: Public
    Show

Neptune is on the feed, a short message that is unencrypted to most of the sector.

"Far be it from me to turn away a gift but for some reason, I don't think that this was an offering." She motioned behind her to the diplomatic materials and favours signed by Logopathor that were sent during the end of last season. "Now I don't know how trusting people get under Logopathor, but Channel Seldiva is a company, we're contract people."

"We expect that this was in response to the offer we made last year, but at the same time we only made an offer, there was no confirmation. I'll give other people access so they can confirm. In the end, we said that we were willing to make a build but when we were met wth silence and it came time to make decisions we had to commit."

"So what do we do about this? What kind of payment are you expecting for this?"

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

Last turn (Y'all have permission to see our last communications) Logopathor and I were speaking about a trade. He clarified what he had to offer, and I said what I could offer him in exchange but we never 'finalized' the deal. He sent me those stats this season while, seeing as I didn't think a deal was happening, I didn't send him the amount I'd offered.

I know this likely marred plans but it wasn't an intentional break of a deal. In my eyes, we'd never locked it in so I just assumed I wasn't getting the INF.

Spoiler: To the Competiton of Minds: MOR 12
    Show

With the PPS Silent, we likely have 1 Faction that can reasonably read OUR messages. We need to assume that Logopathor can and it wouldn't surprise me if the Hegemony pulled that out of nowhere.

Either way. 2 Questions.

1. Did everything go steadily for you since our last private conversation?

2. Are we chasing down the Faction that attacked you now that your defences are back online?

Spoiler: To the Hegemony: MOR 12
    Show

We are reaching out to our former partners in the Competiton about both their wants this season and whether we are putting our collective efforts into determining their attacker.

There is a chance they let water flow under the bridge on this one, the Competition tends to be... single-minded on their projects. Makes for good TV.

Spoiler: To the Knights: MOR 12
    Show

We understand if we're on a blacklist, but we're shopping for forces that will assist us in an upcoming project.

Please let us know your prices for the season, wallet is open.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Argh! I just don't get it at all." A blue-feathered Phenex scowled beneath her helmet.

"Well, the Lord Commander does have about 70 years of combat experience on us, Anyi." The voice responded, sounding equally as young, though smooth and obviously synthetic in nature, and only speaking within the confines of the helmet. The Crucible, for being an artificial warzone, did have periods of time for rest and relaxation, though the Lord Commander had orchestrated at least a couple of surprise attacks in order to teach them rapid response. It was one such attack that got Anyi noticed and eventually paired with the ARMAMENT Valefor.

Anyi deftly turned Valefor beneath her and they continued their ride around the fake city. "But we can't even beat him one time? At anything? That can't be natural. Ambushes don't work, he can't be out-dueled, what gives? So frustrating." Valefor gave an amused chuckle.

"Well, he can't actually match an ARMAMENT for firepower or speed, in a proper battle and not a mock one, even we would beat him, eventually." Anyi shook her head and continued to sulk driving down the streets aimlessly until a sharp notification came from Valefor. "Anyi!" The Phenex's focus immediately shifted. Her species was already gifted with great visual acuity, but hers was nothing to scoff at either and in about 5 milliseconds, she had processed the sickly green scaled and red-fringed Leraje walking across the road, and had initiated Valefor to switch out of it's high mobility mode, the motorcycle-like vehicle rising beneath her and folding around her. It took maybe 10 meters for the sudden change in velocity to bring the ARMS to a complete stop, which was good. According to rangefinders, that left about 2 whole meters between them and the otherwise oblivious Leraje.

"Hey!" Anyi called out, her voice coming through Valefor's external speakers. "You tryin' to get run over?!" The Leraje looked up at Valefor and held back a coughing fit. Internally, Anyi spoke out to the ARMAMENT alone. "Valefor." The bond of ARMS pilot and the machines they ran were such that even the one word was enough, and Valefor knew what she intended, transforming back into high mobility mode for her to dismount. She peeled her helmet off and stormed at him. "What's your name and unit? That was pretty negligent! You could have died if it was anyone other than me and Valefor!"

The Leraje just grinned and then grimaced, unable to hold back their fit. "My name? Ecks will work."

Anyi grimaced. It seemed this guy wasn't taking it seriously at all. Was he an engineer? Might explain his apparently carefree attitude towards a report and the possible demotion that might come with it. Plus he was sickly, and there weren't a lot of sickly soldiers that she knew of. Knights were always in good physical condition, ready for battle. "Got a last name?"

The Leraje hesitated. "Twenty-seven?" They said it almost questioningly. Anyi looked doubtful but then a shadow passed overhead. The two of them looked up, but it was a clear silhouette. Underneath a Sallet transport was the iconic white armor of the Naberius. "Sorry, nice meetin' ya, but looks like I gotta get ready. It was a nice talk."

The Phenex whirled. "Huh, that wasn't even a proper conver...sation." The Leraje wasn't slowing down and was making a direct path towards the nearest transportation network and Anyi just shrugged. "That's wierd. Valefor can you look through some personnel files and see if there's an 'Ecks Twentyseven?' That guy gave me the creeps."

The ARMAMENT was quiet for a minute other than the quite growling of it's idling engine. "Nothing, Anyi. And before you ask I mean nothing. There's no recorded data about any pilots named 'Ecks,' though there is some data that might be more useful."

"M'kay, lay it on me."

"There's a engineering report on the viability of X-series cloning. Apparently it's some of the most accurate cloning technology out there, but isn't all that sustainable. The clones degenerate within a year or so, and the ones that don't end up deviating. The thought was to keep ARMS running with their same pilots over decades and centuries, but it's inefficient. Putting it all together..."

"That guy might be the Naberius' pilot."

"Yeah."

"...Wierd." Anyi sighed and began to drive off once more, staying quiet with her thoughts for a few moments. "But seriously, the Lord Commander can't be normal, he normally pilots a Cuirass right, but he didn't even get hit once in that Vambrace the other day, that can't be right!" Valefor chuckled, nothing distracted his pilot for too long.

MOR 8, INF 10

Show
    No blacklist, death happens, and as soldiers and mercenaries we're more aware than most that these are unavoidable facts of life, and our chosen profession. We request you choose a better battle next time, our strength is wasted in such a maneuver.

MERCENARIES
    Spoiler: Available contracts
    Show
    Naberius (MIL 2) = 4 of any stat
    Adnachiel (MIL 1/ESP 1) = 3 of any stat
    Valefor (MIL 1) = 2 of any stat
    The Helldivers (MIL 1) = 2 of any stat
    Reckum's Ralephs (ECO 1) = 1 of any stat

Preferred stats for trade: None in particular.
    Last edited by DragonOfAsh; 2021-06-02 at 02:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Principia Personnel Solutions
    Mor 20, Inf 4

Spoiler: To the Chrysaorian Hegemony
    Show
    This call is being recorded for quality assurance purposes.

"Hello there, this is Pallas from Principia Personnel Solutions calling you back.

We are sorry to hear about your longer than expected wait time with us today. Rest assured that your business is important to us.

As for the Idrian Nascence, there is no need for concern. PPS takes all threats to its security quite seriously, and motions are being put into place to address the issue shortly.

Will that be all?"

Spoiler: To the Oracle Family Company
    Show

"Hello there, this is Trismegistus calling from Principia Personnel Solutions.

We are sorry about the longer than usual wait times for our clients. Your business is important to us.

I was hoping to speak to you about an object in your possession: the Eye of Nix. We understand that you have come to acquire one, if not both halves of this particular piece of technology, and we are looking to acquire it. In exchange, PPS is prepared to offer you first right of refusal on a formal diplomatic partnership which is to be announced at the end of the year.

This partnership would elapse for 3 full sol years, during which time we are to be considered allies diplomatically and militarily. PPS has already given your company many special privileges in the past, and now we hope to gain from that partnership.

Please let us know your thoughts."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Opening bid for the Eye of Nix is an public Influence Alliance for 3 turns, starting this EoT. You would get their votes in Congress, and they would come to defend you if anyone declared war on you, that sort of thing.

Show

"Hello there, this is Adias calling from Principia Personnel Solutions.

We are sorry about the longer than usual wait times for our clients. Your business is important to us.

Principia Personnel Solutions has been watching your activity for some time, and we have come to a certain conclusion about the most likely target... audience for the next instalment of Conquest (great show by the way, but what happened to Victorya??).

Given the number crunchers' results, we anticipate that you might be willing to pay for some support. Let us know if you need anyone taken out in advance of anything on your end."

Spoiler: To the Idrian Nascence
    Show
    "Well now, that was rather sloppy wasn't it? Leaving details of your plans in the grey matter of your infiltrators to be studied and revealed at our leisure? That's downright unprofessional, is what that is.

Let me break it down for you, Signal of Wherever the F*ck. We have several legions of stealth ships, guided missiles, and generally all kinds of unpleasant nonsense at our disposal. I don't think I need to really bother threatening you, though. Just look at what we did to your horde at the peak of its strength! I can dismantle your Nascence in a lazy afternoon, and don't think that I won't. I'm just going to put some measures in place, send all of my best guys to leash your best guys with remote triggers for detonation if you step out of line.

But here's the thing: you're fun. Everyone thinks you're out of the game now, they're already writing you off. More fools them. It'll be hilarious to watch you drag someone down with you. If you want, we can even tell you everyone who orchestrated the hit for free!

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger, eh?"

Show
    PPS is going to bank 25 Esp this turn (with the use of an Archeotech from a friend that bypasses the disabling and goes straight to kill) to put a proverbial Damocles' Sword over your head for the presumption of screwing with them. If they even suspect you of launching an attack against them or screwing with them in any way, they will pull that trigger to kill most of your VIPs.

Other than that though, they're content to watch you regain power and knife someone in the back. Bonus points for maximum irony.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2021-06-02 at 03:53 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

9. - Top - End - #249

DO YOU WANT TO FEEL LIKE A HERO?

Bored during your mining job Hours upon hours of Space Shuttling got you down? Prepare to TURN IT UP with the CONQUEST SEASON 3: PRINCIPIA THEMES PACKAGE.

Conquest your life with the theme tracks of all your favourite stars from CONQUEST: PRINCIPIA.

TAKE OVER: The Conquest Principia Title Track

The Mighty: Victorya's Theme

The Young Gun: Hilde's Theme

Hunter from Another World: Princess' Theme

Metalurgic Mistress: Ferro's Theme

A Tribal Pair: The Zultar Twins Theme

From Afar: Bombard's Theme

BONUS TRACK: The Hive Swarm: The Song Live Played During the Final Stand for the Archive

AND A SECRET TRACK

Calculated: Neptune's Theme

BUY NOW

---
    Spoiler: To the Knights of Orias: MOR 12
    Show

We would be interested in purchasing Naberius at minimum for the year. We would pay in MOR or another stat to be determined after the exploration of... places of interest.

4 Of the mentioned stats of course.

We would also be happy to offer Neptune's services for the year in exchange, 1:1

(Neptune is an ECO 2 VIP)

Spoiler: To PPS: MOR 12
    Show

You might be correct. Remind us of your rates if you don't mind.

Spoiler: To the Magnus Apparatus: MOR 12
    Show

Request: INFLUENCE
    OFFER:?????????????????????????

Spoiler: To the Hectian Shade: MOR 12
    Show

Interested in trading with an old friend? We are in need of INF for a project of ours.

Let us know, primarily offering ECON.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Idrian Nascence

Across all the vastness of space, the stars sang. They sang in bright and vibrant colors, of union and harmony, of forests and gardens, of escape from the futility and senseless pain which ruled all the wretched worlds.

And the universe listened. From the once-dead worlds of Idri, voices in the billions to it up. The universe was filled with all the cacophonies of red and grey, but on one world after another they were replaced with the perfected harmony of the Horizon.

It echoes rang out under every sun, and on each there were at least a few careful enough to hear. Their voices added rich new inflections, new voices in the cosmic harmony.

The song grew louder as it was sung. Or perhaps it could simply be heard more closely. Dreams grew more real. A vast and comforting weight pressed against the souls of those who welcomed it. The Horizon drew closer.

Everything was as it should be.

Until, of course, it wasn’t.

From the Galactic East, a new voice took up the Song. Louder than any voice could possibly be. Deafening and overpowering and
    wrong.

A song of cancer. Of hot reds and hubris. Greed and desperation and glory. Cell again cell, symbiote against symbiote, body against body. Self-destructive feasts and suicidal conquests.

The new voice sang, loud enough to deafen to all the subtle harmonies of the Horizon. The chorus reeled. Across the seven suns, it adapted, billions of voices shifting in pitch and tone, striving to be heard through the cacophony.

And then they started to scream.

The bombs and missiles that struck the Nascent worlds had been designed with more physical gods in mind, but they sufficed. Firestorms burnt through continent-spanning rain forests. Antimatter reactions carved mile-deep craters in moons. Biotic Annihilators left the structures of stations and hulls untouched while every living thing within was reduced to ash. The Seventh Sun was lost entirely, atmospheres igniting and consuming everything that breathed or sang.

The Chorus collapsed. Too many voices were silenced, and those that remained could not keep to the same melody. Wretched reality once again clouded their eyes and deadened their minds. The twin brutalities of nature and civilization reasserted themselves. The bloody struggle of all against all resumed.

As the voices fell away, the Horizon grew more distant, the Song fainter. The new voice was so strong that even on Idri it was nearly drowned out, driven from any world where it could be perceived.

Nearly, but not quite. The new song was hubris and greed, and it could not be but what it was. It did not care for far Idri, so distant from its home. Instead it was entranced by the brightest voices close to it, those with subtle tongues to refract perfection into its most suitable form. It consumed them, before they could consume themselves.

And, having added their strength to its own, it was sated, and ceased.

The Horizon is as far as it has ever been. Every world drowns in tears and blood.

But faint as it is, the Song still sings itself into the world. And enough are left to hear it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Messages Public, Influence still 1 (somehow)

Spoiler: Magnus Apparataus
    Show

Calling the transmission a message is really too generous. Crude and broad spectrum, its broadcast on basically every channel and frequency pointed to the Galactic North from Idri

Down, But Not Out!
    We appreciate your patience during this difficult time
    Re-negotiations are in order, I presume?
    You take one, I’ll take the other?
    Spare some change for a poor old cripple?
    I’m sure we can work something out!

Show

So I am inexplicably not dead thanks to the incompetence and/or greed of my surprise enemies (love you all!). I’d actually rather like to stay that way, if possible. (May need to revisit this after mid-turn, depending on whether it’s time to just desperately settle my affairs instead).

Anyway, thanks to the magic of VIPs levelling up, I do have enough MIL to make expansion a pain for you, but you’ve been entirely friendly so far and I’d really rather not. So by way of compromise, take your pick of [6] or [9], I’ll leave it to you and take the other? Or take it for you, if you’d like to arrange some trade or loan.

Speaking of – would you possibly like to arrange any sort of trade or loan? Pretty please? I can use, well, every- and any-thing, but morale, espionage, psionics and/or economy would be most useful, for presumably obvious reasons.

Spoiler: Competition of Minds
    Show

The message isn’t so much a coherent vision as a scattershot series of vaguely related images, broadcast through the hyperlane into Competition space and into any unprotected minds with more brute force than finesse.

A sobbing man with a clearly Nascent bio-organic prosthetic begs as a quarantine enforcer presses a pistol against his forehead
    An orphan sits at a streetcorner in some sprawling megacity, stomach swollen from hunger and blindfold wrapped around her empty eye-sockets. Her begging bowl is nearly empty.
    A Behemoth staggers forward, bleeding from countless wounds, half its armour plates torn entirely from its skin and organs trailing on the ground behind it. Desperate, it drags itself onto the bunker whose guns had so nearly killed it, good claw shearing the top open and shovelling men and machinery both into its unhinged jaws.
    A Manticore is clearly already dead, even if it hasn’t realized it. Despite being essentially disembowelled, it leaps forward, claws outstretched and tail lashing out as it attempts to kill as many of the soldiers shooting it as possible before it goes down.

Show

Any chance you can spare some charity? Either for help rebuilding, help taking vengeance, or (if you have an idea for some target) some nutritious stat theft to do both?

Spoiler: PPS
    Show

The message is sent from an old Archival listening post, a couple hours after its existence (and Nascent infestation) were revealed, and a couple hours before the first extermination ships arrived to cleanse it.

No jokes about cockroaches? You politeness and tact are touching.

You’ll excuse my tone, I hope. I wouldn’t recommend escaping a solipsistic nightmare just in time to limp to an escape pod while half your organs fail.

But your offer’s fairer than expected, and I’m not exactly in a position to refuse, am I? Make good on your end, and I can see about giving you a show.

Spoiler: Previous Games
    Show

Won Rise of Kingdoms as the Free City of Khasal
    Lost Hanrui 3 as the Clockwork Republic
    Technically Won Principia 2 as the Iron Gods of Ur
    Won Mandate of Heaven as the Gardeners of the Immortal Flesh

11. - Top - End - #251

PaladinGuy

The Magnus Apparatus

High above the seething industry of the Magnus Apparatus and deafened to the orbital works by hard vacuum the icy silence of low orbit above Alice’s Mirror stretched on. The sky is not quite empty as a few monitoring balloons drift by, offering quality images of the logistical labyrinth below for review by production partitions.

And yet, the silence is imperfect, some quirk of psionic machinery creates the barest reflected resonance in the observers mind. A hint of a tune, jaunty and alive. Perhaps the manifestation of the great machine’s wish to know the experience that is life.

Or perhaps an idle imagination.

Morale 14, Influence 6

Players

The Chrysorian Hegemony
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Output:] Cooperation Synchronization Potential: 8.16/10
    [Output:] Production Plan for Current Year: Long Term Projects
    REQUEST Desired Chrysoarian Cooperation Results

[Output:] Logopathor and OFC remain a dangerous force.
    [Output:] Cooperation Synchronization Potential Logopathor = 6.88/10
    [Output:] Cooperation Synchronization Potential OFC = 4.70/10

Channel Seldiva
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Output:] Influence available for trade = 4
    [Output:] Requested Resources: Espionage and Science

The Idrian Nascence
    Spoiler
    Show
    TROJAN MONITORING REGISTER
    EDITS IN PROGR--------
    &*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

[Output:] Negotiations with PPS to destruction of Ultrum Domin targets = [error occurred]
    [Output:] OFC controlled targeting.

[Output:] System 9 will be held by Magnus Apparatus until other arrangements are made.
    [Output:] Reconstruction resources available for loans and trades.
    [Output:] Request Catalogue of available resources
    PREFERABLY OBSCURED
    REF Nascence MESSAGE STATUS(public)

[Output:] Resources available for trade: 13 economy, 14 morale, two lvl2 Eco VIPs

The Hecetian Shade
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Output:] Request Trade Status
    [Output:] 7 science to be sent to Magnus Apparatus to explore Archeotech Facilities

12. - Top - End - #252
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Oracle Family Company
    Inf 7
    Mor 9

Spoiler: PPS - Morale 9
    Show

Dear Trismegistus,

It is a pleasure to receive your communication. We would be glad to take you up on your offer and appreciate you coming back to us on it. Indeed we are able to provide you with what you have requested in exchange for your offer. We can also report to you that one of your earlier goals should have met with success as we have solid intelligence that suggests that the Nascence no longer has any significant espionage capabilities. We would also like you to consider in addition to your generous offer restoring our previous access to your channels that we may monitor communications as before but also restricting this ability in future against factions that may declare hostility against us. We would be happy to discuss options with you.

Spoiler: Logopathor - Morale 9
    Show

Friend Logopathor,

We hope you are finding your new home amenable. We hope you may flourish in a space not threatened by enemies. Have you discovered any installations in your new sector? If not we would be pleased to trade with you for your services in clearing one in our own controlled sectors. The resources could help you expand. Please let us know your thoughts.

Spoiler: public
    Show

To whom it may concern, we have in our possession and are willing to trade with an interested party a mighty weapon of the ancients. Please forward your offers to us for our consideration and our marketing representatives will be in touch with you.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    +1 mil Item
    Last edited by kemmotar; 2021-06-04 at 08:33 AM.
    "God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." (Good Omens - Terry Pratchett)

13. - Top - End - #253

The Chrysaorian Hegemony

Morale 17
    Influence 10

Spoiler: To the Magnus Apparatus
    Show

We agree. We too are troubled by the power OFC wields.

We would have you as allies - formally - as we believe your interests are compatible with our own.

We have two requests:

1) We know that you have worked with the Nascence in the past. We do not know what deals you have made, but we are aware of messaging between you. Do not provide them with any resources that could be used to stabilize their existence. By all means, provide them (Mil or Esp), but we beg of you, nothing else. Consider the long-term benefits of partnering with us instead; we are stable, possessing the most powerful defensive capabilities of any faction in existence. We are held in high repute by the galaxy, and will not contest much - if anything - of the territory left in the wake of the Nascence's fall. We are content for you to expand peacefully in that direction. And, of course, we provided you with [14] and asked nothing in return, when we could easily have extorted you.

2) We would be happy to trade with you; we are looking specifically for Influence at this time, but we would happily take morale. We have (Mil, Psi, Eco), plus whatever we get from our delving this season.

Please consider.

Show

Please do let us know.

As mentioned before, we are able to meet, both to provide our informed guess and to smooth over previous hostilities. We are also looking for (Influence) this season; do you have need for (Econ), given your rapid expansion?

Spoiler: To OFC
    Show

We are disappointed that the strike was not targeted at the most vulnerable elements of the Nascence; we had hoped for a clean kill.

That said, we hold no grudge, and appreciate your cooperation. We wish you the best. Despite our lack of interest in an alliance, know that we are not working against you, and have no plans to do so. We are open to further collaboration should situations warrant it.

Speaking of which - we are looking for influence this season, if you have any to spare.

Spoiler: To PPS
    Show

We are happy to hear that. They have blatantly attempted to undermine your sovereignty and subvert you for their own ends. They devoured the Archive, who were the closest thing this galaxy had to the heroes of old. We would see them eradicated like the blight they are.

If it will not undermine your ability to strike at the Nascence, we are wondering if you have any espionage or Influence you would be willing to sell us.

as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Mor 20, Inf 4

Spoiler: To the Chrysaorian Hegemony
    Show
    "We believe that the Nascence should not rise to become a threat again in our lifetimes. Of course... there are those who would support them in such an endeavour. None more willing than the Magnus Apparatus, who even now is offering the resources necessary for the plague to return to a semblance of its strength.

Principia Personnel Solutions has little interest in dealing with the Horizon Signal for too long. We are putting our own countermeasure in place against them this year to prevent any aggression towards us, and to cut them off at the neck should they transgress again. If you would like us to make a cut early, that can be arranged. Alternatively, we can simply trade."

Show
    They're confirming that the Apparatus has already opened the door to trading up to 13 Eco, 14 Mor, and a pair of Eco 2 VIPs with the Nascence.

Furthermore, Principia Personnel Solutions is willing to invest enough to disable a single VIP for any faction (like the Nascence) for you, but the price will vary in Eco depending on how much they have to sink into the deal. If you would prefer, they can also trade 1:1 for Eco to Inf or Esp.

Show
    "Our prices are quite reasonable this year.

The real question is: who would you like to take out of consideration?"

Show
    Principia Personnel Solutions is willing to invest enough to disable a single VIP for any faction for you, but the price will vary in Eco depending on how much they have to sink into the deal.

Show
    "Wonderful, we are so very pleased to hear that you are willing to deal for the Eye. A formal alliance between us will surely see your fortunes rise higher than they ever have been, and Principia Personnel Solutions stands to gain handsomely in such a partnership.

Regarding the other matter... when we are allies, PPS will offer you access to our networks to see all of our communications. All we ask for in return is one final legacy payment from you, so that when we lay off our branch in that department the axe falls a little more sweetly. It won't be anything you can't handle, I promise."

Show
    Deal confirmed: Eye for them, and Influence Alliance to be announced at the start of Turn 7.

For access to their Esp, they're asking for 2 Eco this turn as one final payment. You will then retain access for as long as you are allied.

Show
    "Well there you have it, confirmed by your mechanical friend. Of course, he isn't telling you the full story. While it was the Prophet's choice, the Godhead and the Factory were actively involved in the decision making process. And we facilitated the whole deal, of course, but you figured that part out already.

It wasn't meant for you, by the way. Once the Domin left, you were the only real threat 'on the board', so to speak. Not that we wouldn't have taken the opportunity to wipe you out ourselves, but why do something for free when you can get paid?"

Show
    This call is being monitored for quality assurance purposes.

"Hello there, this is Kyrath calling from Principia Personnel Solutions,

We hope all is well in the Shaded Worlds, and that your years of rebuilding have proven fruitful.

How would you like to know what Channel Seldiva is saying in its various correspondences? A token sum would see you able to read their files for a year's time."

Show
    1 Eco at this EoT for full access to read everything Channel Seldiva sends and receives next year.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2021-06-04 at 11:51 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hecatian Shade

Inf 4, Mor 9

PCs

Spoiler: Logopathor
    Show
    to the most esteemed machine cult,

Greetings recovering church, I can't help but notice that the distribution of Domin lands is not going to your advantage, I wanted to see if you at least received compensation from it, before giving the parties involved a piece of my mind.

standing by you,
    -Chit'al, Head engineer of the Tria-khan shipyards and associates.

PS: looking to hire agents [Esp], if you have them.

Spoiler: magnus apparatus
    Show
    Greetings gentle machine,

our teams will join you as promised, don't worry about that. For another matter, would you be willing to do as an intermmediate for us with the... less welcoming elements within the galaxy? we are seeking agents, are not sure if the PPS currently grant them and we believe you could acquire them more easily, or share your own intel, of course do tell us what you need in exchange.

-Ala cait "The follower", second speaker of hecan, Magni.

Show
    alright, so I'm not actually sure of how much esp there is in the galaxy, from say, the oracle family company, the nascence, the competition or whoever else I don't actually trade with, so I want help acquiring 15 or so [esp] for a project, and want to know if you care to trade/acquire it for me, and what would you want for it? Eco is probably doable since I'm getting as much values as I can from the "double clearing" buff.

Show
    Heh, we were willing to trade when at war, of course we can right now.

We can offer [4 inf] as expected, but would rather take [Esp] and/or access to an installation.

-Ala cait "The follower", second speaker of hecan, Magni.

Spoiler: The knights of orias
    Show
    To the lord commander,

Valiant knights, Reckum's Ralephs available? and is [mor] acceptable for them?

-Warmaster Adalith, Commander of the Herald's servants.

PPS

Show
    Hi Kyrath,

We are fine with that deal. Is the PPS accepting bids for their agents currently? either for proper missions or for training?

Glad to see you at work

Show
    deal accepted, and are they for hire?

Last edited by neriractor; 2021-06-04 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

16. - Top - End - #256

Devil

Oracle Family Company
    Inf 7
    Mor 9

Spoiler: PPS - Morale 9
    Show

"We are glad to see our relationship flowering to one of closer cooperation. Of course We would be happy to provide the legacy payment. If you are willing to provide any assistance to help build our defenses in view of what is to come, we would of course be thankful. In case something reaches your ever present ears that could change the flow of this season we would be grateful to hear it.

It would also be of interest to us to assist you in exploring any installations you may have in your territory, given the incentive the council has provided for us from last season."

Spoiler: Chrysaorian hegemony - Morale 9
    Show

"Zeus, we are of course honoured by your friendship. We believe given the location, that the absence of the nascence would upset the balance that is developing. The apparatus can slowly take away territory from the nascence. Its demise is inevitable and before they go they will provide a stumbling block to Seldiva's expansion...leaving free those wishing to do so, to prepare. Feel free to ask for our assistance when you are ready. Also should you wish to join us in alliance, you will be welcome. We hope that our relationship will flourish in the coming years. "

Spoiler: logopathor - Morale 9
    Show

"We would also consider ceding our agreed upon claim on your religious homeland of sector 23 as well as passage through our territory to obtain it. "

Show
    Given the time difference and time pressure (midturn is tomorrow) I'm putting on the table what Im willing to consider, let me know what works for you and we can quickly agree hopefully. Sorry for the double post.
    "God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." (Good Omens - Terry Pratchett)

17. - Top - End - #257

The Pirate Space Station that had orbited Kyldan Beta since long before Channel Seldiva Arrived in Principia had a shiny new paint-job and style. Thousands of hours had gone into turning the station into an arena for blood sport over the past year, and the grand opening, so far, had been a violent and incredible success.

The Zultar Twins, Alesha and Idylla had joined forces to become a roaming, whirling blade of psionic death careening through the hallways of the space station. Contestants from Bireena, Kyldan Alpha and Jakkil who had joined the battle to try to earn a place in the meritocracy stood in their way, and the Twins left corpses to be swept up by overworked cleaning bots.

That wasn't strange honestly, the Zultar clans were nearly as biologically impossible as the Fotuans of the empire themselves. In fact, there was a small faction that wanted them to rise up as progenitors over Victorya to introduce a new psionic age to the empire. The show they were putting on today was just going to galvanize that movement.

The station shook and tossed Idylla off balance just after she'd finished turned another fighter into cotton candy pink blood confetti. Alesha caught and studied her sister in a now-empty hallway.

"Atmosphere compromised!" the announcer bellowed in the twin's headsets.

"Someone's trying to blow the station and take the win," the Twins hissed as one before turning on their thrusters and taking down the hallway. Just as they were about to round the corner an almost jaunty hard-rock tune started blasting over the loudspeakers. Followed by a voice.

"Y'all are taking this too seriously!" Victorya cackled, "Hope you're happy to have me back!"

Then the lyrics came in.

"You'd Better Get Ready to Die, Get Ready to Die!"
    "You'd Better Get Ready to Kill, Get To Kill!"

Idylla and Alesha watched Victorya suddenly shoot up the scoreboard to threaten their spots at the top.

MOR 12, INF 12

Spoiler: To the Hegemony: MOR 12
    Show

We are still waiting on the judgement of the Competiton in terms of our meeting. Thank you for remaining on standby for the subject.

Unfortunately, our advertising products, as usual, are a precious resource to the Channel's plans. We would be willing to trade but only at a rate that is significantly favourable to us, think 3 ECO per 2 INF

Neptune

Spoiler: To the Shade MOR 12
    Show

To whom it may concern!

What makes you think we have ESP on hand? Not really our style. The only way we're sneaky is firing superliminal ballistics between systems!

In terms of access to installations, we have several. How about this. 1 INF per SCI committed. That's quite a steal this yeah considering the additional funding coming from the Galactic Congress.

Let us know.

Show

Status; Channel Seldiva = Not Sneaky
    Offer: 3 ESP and 1 SCI
    Expected INF: 4

Spoiler: To the PPS: MOR 12
    Show

We may want to invest in purchase for the coming year. Would it be possible to set up an... untimely demise or injury for the Shade's Commander Bastion to be purchased on the down-low with a trigger word in a message? We know there will likely be more than one party interested in reading our mail next season with you coming back into the game.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

Basically, can I set up a deal this turn with a trigger word like 'Kyldan B' that basically will lock in 'I'm sending you X this EoT for an assassination.'

This is the one free turn I have to do shenanigans like this lol.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Idrian Nascence
    All Messages Public, Influence 1

Show

Ah yes, the only remaining threat to peace in our time. Care to make a bet on the coming golden age, then?

Still, that’s enlightening, thank you. There was consensus, then? Or was choosing the new target all Prophet?

Spoiler: Magnus
    Show

Secrecy?
    No can do my amigo
    It’s out of my hands

We’ve got a little
    One very lonely ambassador
    One vote, if you go for that sort of thing
    Two state of the art research ships
    Enough rough and tumble lads to grab that-
    Star
    -for you

A slightly odd proposition for you
    There’s an investment opportunity
    Which I really don’t care about
    But I’ve got some cash, if you’re interested?
    All we need from you is some school spirit!
    Or a visiting expert?
    At preferential rates

Otherwise
    Lets talk debts and credit
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hecatian Shade

Mor 9, Inf 4

Spoiler: channel seldiva
    Show
    If you have any installation with 2 to 9 or 12 to 19 floors cleared, we can do that deal (and of course, I'll care to know how many that is).

If you don't have any like that, I'm guessing you at least should have the mandatory agents to not fall apart, so we could do that and some money for the deal instead.
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.

20. - Top - End - #260

Spoiler: To the Shade: MOR 12
    Show

Well if you think we will have wasted any time digging away at some dead Empire's garbage, you'd be wrong.

Ours are fresh off the vine. 100% virgin.

We understand if you don't want that, it would have been nice for us to check on it first I suppose.

1 ESP, 3 ECON. Work for you?

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Mor 20, Inf 4

Show
    "If you are referring to the Herald, we can set that up for you. Thanks to a new toy from an old friend, we have an option this year to go for outright termination rather than disabling on all of our contracts. Would you prefer that this agent were taken off the field entirely?

Please check your inbox for our price quote."

Show
    The price for killing the Herald (their Mil VIP leader) outright is 12 Eco or Mor in any combination. You can put down some of that this turn if you like as a down payment, with the rest to be paid on the next turn with your activated trigger.

Show
    "Well that's just swell. I - we - are pleased to hear that you are amenable to the payment.

Regarding defences, we will be seeing to our own this year and next with both credits and the faith we've already purchased by our shareholders. The next tier of security will be much harder to penetrate and should insulate us slightly against infiltration - we would recommend you do the same, if we are truly to embark on this venture together.

Now you mention it, we do have some old installations that will be in need of clearing out. We were going to send our own agents to clear some of them out, but would love to have a hand. PPS is happy to negotiate arrangements for the division of any spoils we do come across."

Show
    They're going to be spending 10 Mor and 10 Eco this turn to make a pair of Mor 1 VIPs in anticipation of Stat Attacks. They're also going to start putting their Mil towards Active Defenses, stockpiling armies to make any invasion attempts against them incredibly costly.

As far as installations go, they have 2, neither of which have been delved at all. They're sending in their 3 Sci to clear 6 floors of one of them, but would love to have any more (they want the loot but will leave you any Archeotech pieces they find).

Show
    "We may have agents for hire. Thanks to a new toy from an old friend, we have an option this year to go for outright termination rather than disabling on all of our contracts. If you would like, we can arrange to have certain individuals taken off of the board completely.

Tell us who you have in mind, and we will give you a price quote at our best estimate."

Show
    They might be able to spare some Esp this turn, and can skip disabling to go straight to killing VIPs as of this turn. However their services are also being bid for by others.

Show
    "We gave you the names, and the span of your existence. Be happy with that much.

That said... I wouldn't go against Prophet or any of the others out in the open. If you're going to be a stray knife in the dark, be a stray knife in the dark, you know?"

Spoiler: Internal - Midturn
    Show
    PPS is activating the Eye of Nix as a part of their Midturn (which is on loan from Oracle Family Company).

They send in 3 Sci to clear 6 floors from the installation on [33], the Boneyard.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2021-06-06 at 02:16 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Idrian Nascence

Spoiler: Midturn, Internal
    Show

1 vote against Trust to Authority
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263

Devil

Spoiler: Midturn - GM Only
    Show

Vote Yay for Greed is good 11 votes (7inf+9/2=4Mor)

Explore installations:
    Sector 21: VIP SCI 1 + 1 SCI (VIP Clearing the last 2 floors).
    Sector 35: 5 SCI

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Competition of Minds
    Mor 6
    Inf 2

Spoiler: Midturn
    Show
    All 3 votes for the Econ Event.

Show
    Greetings Friends,

Now that our problem is fixed should we officially rejoin as allies publicly?

As for your concerns;

1: Everything did go according to plan despite the set back of having to rebuild.
    2: We are unsure on this matter, we want our revenge of course but have more important matters to pursue. We may not have the resources or time to follow through with this so we shall continue to think on the matter.

We shall talk more after the Congress. I believe that we will need to plan depending on what passes.

Spoiler: Nascence
    Show
    The images are blinding and not nearly as controlled as they used to be. The Broken Ones winces and touches a long distended finger to its temple to settle the turmoil within.
    A shop keeper giving a homeless man an old suit for practically nothing so he can do a job interview.
    A fisher showing a hungry man how to fish.
    As a behemoth lays down dying it sees the creatures that lived off its scraps licking the wound before bringing a few morsels to feed the protective behemoth of the land.

Finally a last vision with a questioning thought.
    Two hands meeting to grasp, two minds in concert.

Show
    Not opposed to some aid/charity for a down on their luck neighbor.

Want to have a PM and plan?
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hecatian Shade

Mor 9, Inf 4

Show
    More risk and less reward, so yeah, though we might take you up on a renting deal when ours are bare.

and sure, deal sealed.

Show
    "Sounds great, colour us interested, if unsure of using the agents for a hit or training yet.

keep us posted on the price to beat for your services, hopefully we'll have a fair number to spend from this year's Arco-medean scavenging"

Spoiler: Midturn- Gm Only
    Show
    7 Sci will go search arco- medean sites with the Magnus apparatus.

Chi'tal with slight disappointment (he and his new gun wanted to waghhh Da Red Boys) leads a team of other scientist to delve into the mysteries of the universe through Arco-Medean proxies within the Folding Palace.

stats: Chi'tal (lvl 2 Sci VIP), +1 Sci item (Red paint), a series of cranial implants that allow for a form of precognition (+2 Sci item), 5 Sci.
    Notes: Chi'tal is going to clear floor 10 and floor 20.

A second team, lead by a relatively small crew of experts in the field of designing experiments for outsmarting lab animals is sent to the lair of Da Red Boys, to put their knowledge to the test against gun-toting subjects.

stats: 2 Sci, +++ Sci (Better autonomous remote probes).

(heh, even had two leftover Sci from running out of open sites :p)

all of my votes (5 from Mor/inf + 4 from my sweet ride = 9) go to no for the "trust to authority" proposal.

26. - Top - End - #266

The Chrysaorian Hegemony

Morale 17
    Influence 10

Spoiler: Midturn - GM Only
    Show

9 votes against Trust in Authority.

3 Sci sent into Archeotech Site #2 (Previously 17/20 cleared). With doubling, counts as 6; minimize negative consequences.

Hecate (Tier 1 PSI, Equipped with +2 Science Item) and 5 Sci sent into Archeotech Site #3 (In territory 23, previously 0/20 cleared). With doubling, counts as 14 (plus whatever Hecate counts for herself, which I think is nothing).

Pax used on Psi.

Fission lab: Zeus, Morale.

Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2021-06-05 at 07:55 PM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

27. - Top - End - #267

PaladinGuy

The Magnus Apparatus

Morale 14, Influence 6

Midturn
    Spoiler
    Show
    6 Votes against Discounted VIP upgrades

7 science from the Hecetian Shade and Re-logic (lvl 1 sci VIP) equipped with 2 lvl 1 science items will delve the outer expanse, per the Idrian Nascnece's previous arrangement.
    With the World Congress event double clearing and the 10 floor cap removed this should clear the whole site.

5 science to delve the GLOP chambers, clearing the remaining 10 floors with the assistance of the World Congress Event

28. - Top - End - #268

Spoiler: To the Shade: MOR 12
    Show

Sounds lovely.

Spoiler: To the PPS: MOR 12
    Show

Expect half payment in your Inbox this season, and half on the trigger year.

Kill word will be 'Host Station'

Spoiler: To the Competition of Minds: MOR 12
    Show

We already consider our deal re-struck. If you'd prefer we can make an announcement but we were planning on dropping a surprise season of Psyker Wars after some key episodes can be shot.

Next turn we should each commit a member of our elite to a meeting to have a proper discussion, I believe we both know what the other is up to this year anyway.

Show

Pardon, we need to amend the deal slightly.

Does 2 SCI and 2 ESP work for you?

Spoiler: To the Oracle Family Company: MOR 12
    Show

Remarkably, I'm not sure we've had a reason to speak yet.

Might be the safest place in the Galaxy.

We're looking to purchase INF or MIL for ECON, interested at all?

Spoiler: MIDTURN: INTERNAL
    Show

PUTTING 8 SCIENCE (HELL YEAH 5 SAVED LAST TURN BABY) into the Infinity Forge.

Putting all 3 + 6 votes towards YAY for the VIPs Event.

29. - Top - End - #269

EvilClericGuy

Mor 1, INF 5

Spoiler: Oracle Family Company
    Show

Greetings,

Alas, our agents report that by the time this message is received a stellar shift will be temporarily preventing access to certain installation-delving materials necessary to prevent high attrition. We will send our resources this revolution, and you may send it back freely if it is not used by the next.

Yours in exploration,
    Logopathor & Co.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Sending you Logopathor this turn assuming you’ll use it, just send it back if you’re not going to, and let me know. Sorry for the late response.

Spoiler: Midturn - GM ONLY
    Show

All votes against Trust to Authority.
    Spoiler: Total War
    Show

As
    The Celestial Empire of Longshan

Spoiler: Domination Victory
    Show

Equinox League

Red Aurora College - Fae of the Four Courts - Khalos Guild - Celestial Empire

(Pretend there’s more spoilers here because I haven’t found the will to digitize my campaign setting yet)
    寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

30. - Top - End - #270
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Midturn, GM Only
    Show
    5 SCI into the installation, with the event voted on last midturn, that should be 10 floors cleared, finishing it completely.

Greed is Good - 5 votes nay

Trust to Authority - 4 votes yay