New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 50: Meeting nature halfway

[Fort Aegis Resort]

Thariza's tail swishes as she considers this. Well, why not?

"I wouldn't mind a bath, as long as we're in a bath resort anyway. Feels like I'd be missing an opportunity otherwise."
    Last edited by Morty; 2021-04-15 at 04:07 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Rivergreen]

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "Maybe I could. Or maybe descendants? I had four kids." Myriam thinks about it. "I'd probably have to ask around a lot to find them, though. Especially if it's been more than a generation." Of course there's one place which is an easy place to find out if someone's still alive... A graveyard. Myriam isn't thinking of that though.
    "Four, wow. I thought it was just the one." But Myriam was kind of in a hurry explaining what happened with the old spirit.

"There should be records of people, right? I mean, at any town hall, and in graveyards." Have they seen either of those on the way here?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Rivergreen

"Not all at once!" Myriam protests. "I had one, then I had triplets later." She thinks about what she's seen. It's a small town. They've definitely seen both. "I think the town hall was right over there." She heads off in that direction.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #154
    Halfling in the Playground

[Fort Aegis Resort]

"Oh, e-excellent. Well then, if you'd be so kind as to show them the way." Lucy nods to the kobold. "And I'll- uh, I'll have a-at least one of the dragons join you down there. Hopefully both if I can find both of them, a-anyways."

Lucy promptly dashes off, leaving our guests to be shown the way by their kobold attendant.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Fort Aegis Resort

The Kobold attendant clears his throat and waves.
    “Yes. Um. Well you’ll need one of the large rooms for one of the Masters. Ah, this way.”
    The kobold leads them into the fortress proper. The place is lit well with mage-lights and some conventional ones. The inner walls are hand-carved wood painted delicately. It will likely be obvious that this is one large chamber that the kobolds partitioned into a complex by adding moisture-treated wooden barriers.
    After passing a number of sliding doors Ambrosia and Thariza are shown one, behind which is a small changing room with open closets and a pile of towels.
    “Ah, make yourselves comfortable and head inside. Ring the bell if you need us.” He trills and backs away, leaving them to their privacy.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #156

Default [Rivergreen]

"Not all at once!" Myriam protests. "I had one, then I had triplets later." She thinks about what she's seen. It's a small town. They've definitely seen both. "I think the town hall was right over there." She heads off in that direction.
    "I mean, three at once is still a lot!" Anchor chimes as she follows along in the same direction. Myriam might need help navigating the people of the town still. Plus she's interested in the answer.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Fort Aegis Resort]

Ambrosia makes a curt bow to Lucy before she leaves. "I'll be grateful for whatever you can arrange, miss Lucy."
    Then she will follow the kobolt into the changing room.
    Once their guide have left them alone she turns to Thariza. "Any observations you've made? It could be anything. Anything could be relevant here."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Rivergreen

The unusual pair make it to the town hall where a single clerk is waiting at the desk. "Hi, I want to see the birth records." Myriam says. "Down the hall, on the left." That path leads to a public archive. Stacks of records from the last century or so, since the town was founded. It's a lot. "Oh. Where do we even start?"

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #159

Default [Rivergreen]

"Start at the beginning, then skip through half at a time looking for anything you recognize." Anchor suggests, taking some records from the stack.
    "And tell me about your family; I mean, I need to know what we're looking for."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2021-04-18 at 07:11 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #160
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Blackhart Woods

Natalie is wearing a pair of denim jeans and a warm blue hoody. Her repaired red rucksack is slung over one shoulder, and for once she's wearing shoes- a pair of white trainers, still quite new-looking, though she's still without socks. Strapped to her left forearm is a mechanical slingshot, and a knife has been strapped to a belt at her waist.

Natalie takes the arm and grins back. "Absolutely." She'll step onto an ink platform with Karasu and descend down the hole. It's a very tight fit; the hole is large enough for one average-sized person using the ladder bolted to the wall, not really two teenage girls descending together. It's also quite long, descending quite far into the ground. They arrive in a dank concrete room, poorly lit by light emerging from the narrow shaft the two girls travelled down, with more faint illumination from the strange fungi growing upon the walls. There's very little in the chamber; a pile of bones in one corner, draped in a rusty old mail shirt, and the fungi. The floor was tiled, but it's been covered in grime fallen from above, rotting wood, and other detritus. A single door leads out of the chamber, the wood covered in shelf fungi. The chamber smells thick and musty, the fungal spores emitted by the weird growths adding a sickly-sweet odour to the room, like rotting fruit.

Natalie looks around and pulls a face. "Ugh, I did not expect adventuring to smell this bad. Oh, don't talk. It gets on your tongue." Natalie grimaces as she's now tasting the air as well as smelling it.

[Blackhart Woods]

Karasu is wearing a pair of black leggings, short black skirt, gray trainers, a bubblegum purple hoodie, a dark grey facemask ((you know the type, considering covid)) and matching fingerless gloves. She's armed with a real ninjato, too.

The tight fit isn't entirely unwelcome, considering her present company. What is unwelcome, however, is the smell upon arriving at their destination, although the mask helps to blunt the effect of the smell a little. "Here, brought extra. Helps." She offers her girlfriend a spare facemask, smiling behind her mask.

"The way forward, Tali." She says as she points forward, switching on a flashlight bead out of the ones on her wrist. The beam illuminates the door leading out of the chamber. "Should find somewhere where it smells better."
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2021-04-18 at 09:54 PM. Reason: spacing
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Dimensional Troubles]

The dragon tilts her head as Riss speaks. "Yikes, no offense lady, but talking to you isn't easy. It's like trying to read a dictionary or something. But I did get that last question though and to answer it, it's simply a matter of being authorative and as a dragon I'm pretty amazing at that. The trees don't want to get burned down y'know?"

"Let's focus on what's ahead of us, shall we?" Ambrosia suggests as they have just now reached a clearing and from here they can see the temple. But they can also see the warriors which ran past them earlier.
    It appears like they're preparing to assult the building with how they're positioned.

"Oh hey, those dudes!" The dragon remarks as she turns around to face the warriors who now all turn to face them.

We are ready begin the battle. Is telepathically projected to them as the beings are seemingly finding at least the dragon familiar. Their eyes regarding Riss's drone and Ambrosia with far more suspicion. The question is if Riss drone and receive telepatical signals at all.

"You mean the 'demons'? The drones? They look dangerous for good reasons. Though right now they're not serving their designed goal. If we had the time a redesign would be in order however... time is now one of the many resources that we're lacking."

By this point they can observe the two Ambrosia's and the drone encountering those warriors they ran into earlier. It appears they were just getting ready to launch an attack on the temple.
    "As demonstrated here. Most beings naturally assumes we are evil because of what we look like. Not that it's a completely unfounded assumption. The mental toll is quite apparent in most of our warriors behavior. Not to mention our war breeds. I suppose they are little more than monsters now, but they do still follow orders and they do still protect us from intrusions like this if need be." Jaccal gestures at the screen, at the alien warriors in peculiar.
    [Dimensional Troubles]

"None taken." Riss said as she noted down the dragon's response. That is to say, it was filed under several guesses ranging from telekinesis to 'Emanation.' It wasn't a very helpful explanation but.. Well, one took what one could get. "I would like to see you do that with other things in the future, if possible." she said, switching to somewhat more colloquial word choice though none but her would know it was done grudgingly. The colloquialism hadn't been 'earned' in her opinion but.. Well, it was only for now, after all.

As for the telepathic signals, though.. Well, that depends. If it was a projected sort of telepathy, then it would seem that Riss would momentarily stiffen as if in response to some kind of threat. If it was a link between minds... Well, things would get messy. Regardless, it was not agreeable in the slightest but the muse at least was aware that it wasn't due to an actual attack at least. Certainly her composure would be at least briefly dropped though would just as quickly re-settle into the same staunched poise as she asked "So what's this about a battle? These allies?" she asked with just the slightest clipping of her tone

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Rivergreen

Myriam thinks. "Just look for anything about the Bauer family. My sons were Thomas, Martin, and Jacob. My daughter was Deborah." It shouldn't take too long to find relevant information. The Bauer family was very prolific. Myriam's eyes just keep going wider as she reads though the census information, traveling backwards through time.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

[Fort Aegis Resort]

Thariza thinks about what to say as she takes off her armor. Charr aren't particularly bashful about nudity and she's no exception.

"Lucy called the two dragons the baby dragons' dads. So that means they're both male, but had kids. Either they're adopted or something else happened. I don't know how dragons reproduce. Pretty sure Elder Dragons don't." Her ears flick. "Also, I feel like this place hasn't been in operation very long. The little lizard-people don't seem very confident inviting guests in."
    Last edited by Morty; 2021-04-19 at 02:39 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #164

Default [Rivergreen]

"There's lots of Bauers." Anchor has to observe, setting papers aside for Myriam to look at.
    Lets see, if he was born then, his parents are probably in this section...
    "You were asleep a long time, huh?"

Wonder if the mad wizard was some descendant of Myriam's. That would make things awkward. Or worse, what if the psychopomp was a relative who had offered to take on the grim reaper's job some further time ago?!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Rivergreen

"It looks like it. OH!" Myriam waves one of the documents excitedly. "Here's a Jacob Bauer... oh. His mother was Amanda Bauer." Not the one they're looking for. It takes several more generations for them to find actually relevant documents. And then... "Oh my..." Myriam is looking at the page on herself. "It's been 200 years. And all those people..." It seems almost half the town is descended from her in some way or another. "...Oh my."

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #166

Default [Rivergreen]

Anchor leans in to look at Myriam's own records.
    "You've really changed things for this town, huh?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Rivergreen

Myriam Bauer, nee Smith. Born [Some year], disappeared [43 years later] (Myriam looks young for 43 years old (assuming her time sleeping underground didn't count. She couldn't be older than 25.)) Survived by her husband, Aaron, and her four children, Deborah, Thomas, Martin, and Jacob. All this happened over 200 years ago. That's really all the information there is on her. She wasn't important in her time, and she wouldn't be recognized as someone important now, but she's really an integral part of the town's history, ancestor to so many important personages.

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Blackhart Woods

"Fwew, yeah. This place stinks. Do all dungeons smell this bad? I think that might have some part to play in it." Natalie gestures to the fungi-encrusted bones wrapped in chainmail. She takes a mask and puts it on, though it doesn't help too much. Natalie also pulls out a torch, a slim little maglite, and shines it around to see if there's anything else of interest, but there isn't- unless Karasu fancies checking out the long-dead corpse.

The door from the chamber is stuck. It opens into the room, so pushing against it won't really work. Natalie will help, either grabbing the handle alongside Karasu and helping to pull or scraping at the fungal growth on the ground so there's less for the bottom of the door to catch on. Beyond, once they've tugged the door open, is a narrow corridor, turning right and south for a short distance before bending back and travelling west, separated from the first chamber by a wall. It then bends south again, after travelling past the end of the first room. This southern passage ends in another door. The passage is musty, but not as damp as the previous room, without the fungal growth. The walls are still plain concrete, with dust on the floor and an arched ceiling. The door is a dry wooden door, with a brass lock. Chained to the lock is a matching key, currently dangling.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #169

Default [Rivergreen]

Kind of what happens to families who live in the same area for such a long time.

Apparently being a spirit is good for one's looks.
    "Well, that's that. I expect there's lots of people here who'd like to know you, at least to hear about what life was like back then."
    And hopefully the huge amount of time that's gone by won't upset her so much.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [City Out of Time]

Electra seems to consider for a moment, though it's obvious she's still wary; her gaze continues to wander cautiously as she speaks.

"I see. What do you think? Is this what we need? Or do we need to do some cross-referencing? If the latter, we probably should do it now. The way our clients were talking, we might not get another chance."
    [City Out of Time]

Cass nods. "Good idea. Maybe take pictures of everything here? So the notes at least can still be studied after this place goes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Tao waves up at the bats as they pass into the cave.
    This is a good sign, literally if you consider the markings outside. People come through here not uncommonly. He gets a compass from his pack's pocket and checks it, before they go any further into the lightless spaces below.
    Caravan Search
    Selekhael plugs her nose and heads inside. Her night vision is pretty good, so she's not worried about lighting this close to the entrance. She smiles at the bats. They're cute, really. She doesn't understand why some people are so scared of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Caravan Search

Jack's normal eyes are possibly worse at seeing in the dark than a baseline human's, but the eyes located in her wings are very good at seeing hidden things. If it's dark, everything's hidden, right? That's the logic she's going with, at least, and their other ability to see using more esoteric wavelengths and energies than mundane 'light' will likely also prove useful- even if she rarely figures out what, exactly, they're telling her like that.

"I'm pretty sure I killed that weird coral reef thing, back when I found this shovel. Growing 'round the edges of a flooded tunnel, with breathable water. After, the tunnel was dry." If that doesn't count, Jack... hasn't really killed much. She's more thief than fighter, but I might be misremembering something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    Caravan search

Raeh let out an audible groan as the smell reached her nostrils and another as she stepped in a rather large pile of guano. She was making no effort for stealth at this point. Her concern instead on the state of her clothing. Her elven heritage meant that her pale blue eyes could pierce the darkness but still, the limited colourless sight was not the same.

She went over and placed a hand on the cave wall. From beneath her cloak a large spider appeared and ran down her arm. ”Go see.” she whispered to the creature as it scurried ahead along the wall. It was too big to be bothered by a normal bat. Also, the spider was already dead. The unseen negative energy the only clue that it was instead and animated corpse.

As Raeh caught up with the others she was grumbling about polishing her boots. Every now and then she would pause and close her eyes to share the view of the spider that was now scouting ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    [Caravan Search]

Wren grimaces as he notices the spider scuttling off. Ugh, spiders. Why did it have to be spiders. The darkness, as mentioned, gives him no issue with his magically-enhanced dark vision. Nevertheless, he taps the hilt of his smallsword nervously as they proceed deeper into the tunnel. Being in the Underdark always makes him nervous.

[Caravan Search]

Tao will see they're facing west, according to his compass.

The tunnel ahead continues downward, deeper into complete darkness. The muck from the entrance gives way to clean rock as they leave the sunlit world behind.

The spider will find, further up ahead, the path splits, one direction continuing downward, another smaller passage branching off to the right.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Rivergreen

"I think so. I'll just need to find someplace to stay. And hopefully they won't be too mad about me wrecking some or their things." Myriam looks a bit worried. "First, we should probably clean this back up." She begins slotting the documents back into their shelves.

Caravan Search

As the darkness grows deeper, Selekhael makes a movement like drawing a sword, and there's a weapon in her hand, a flaming khopesh that casts dim, flickering firelight around the cave. She holds it tightly as she continues, as if afraid it will jump out of her hand.
    Last edited by bc56; 2021-04-21 at 08:44 PM.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[City Out of Time]

Electra nods.

"Show me whatever you think is relevant; I'll snap pictures with my eyes."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [A Brisk Afternoon Jog - Day 2, Banquet]

Lady Eiko calls around the circle to get votes, with the ultimate result being as one would expect. No one will die this morning.
    Jeb, unsurprisingly, votes for a death. Perhaps surprisingly, so does the older Kawa and that quiet elf Nemeth. The former looks solemn in the process, whereas the latter has a clinically flat expression.
    Additionally, Lady Eiko abstains from voting, citing that she will simply bow to the will of the majority regardless, as does the small boy seated next to her.
    Which leaves the final tally at 7 to 3.

"So be it...none are to be returned to Lord Shinomo this morning and this Banquet may be resolved."

There's a "tsk" from Jeb, before he rises and heads to the door, where he's going to take a position just outside.
    It will be a few more awkward moments, before the rest of the group starts to stand to leave.

There will be some scattering to various points around the village, if G'nichi has anything/anyone important to deal with subsequent to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    A Brisk Afternoon Jog, Day 2

G’nichi shakes his head. He knows he is helping the Cursed by doing this. But he cannot pull the trigger and end a life when he has nothing to go on.
    And some small part of him acknowledges his head could easily have been on the chopping block had he not stopped it as well.
    ”I only pray that the Cursed among us make the same decision if it is within their power to do so. This will not happen twice.” he growls.
    Someone will die tonight and it will be his fault. But someone would have died just now otherwise.
    Well? Anything? Any of them seem suspicious? Please tell me you noticed something. G’nichi is flying in the dark here. He just wants something to punch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [A Brisk Afternoon Jog - Day 2]

It's a good plan. No Cursed/Demons kill anyone, continued lack of reasons to not kill anyone in the mornings...everyone lives.
    Very bright potential outcome.

The spirit of his chakram seems doubtful that it'll happen.
    The sword just seems annoyed at how much thinking is required here. It really did just want to fight a troll.

Most of the group glances at G'nichi as he says this, though there's minimal commentary. Mari has a sort of sad smile that implies she agrees with the idea, but has doubts.

The chakram takes a moment to give a brief summary of its immediate thoughts on "things it noticed".
    Hmm, Jeb seems more angry at the situation than at you, if that helps. Clearly just wants the fastest conclusion possible. Most everyone else just seemed scared...not sure about Mari and Eiko, they seemed less scared than the others.

Atsushi waits for the others to scoot along towards the door a bit further before approaching our hero.
    "Hey, mind talking for a minute?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    A Brisk Afternoon Jog- Day 2

He’ll have to question Mari; she hasn’t seemed bothered by a lot of this.
    Then again she might just be hungover.
    ”Hello. Atsushi, right? How can I help you?” G’nichi answers pleasantly to the woman. He might as well ingratiate himself a little. He thinks he overstepped his bounds back there. His plan to act like dumb muscle is already in pieces. At least most of his cards are still held against his chest.

A Brisk Afternoon Jog- Day 2

Atsushi, the son/assistant Sumiye that nice lady who made food, has the air of someone trying very hard to act clinical in a terrifying situation and not quite nailing it.
    Almost.
    "Well, maybe less you helping me and more the other way around. I just wanted to offer some friendly advice, since I like what you're generally going for her. You mean well, that seems obvious enough unless you're a great actor, but uh...maybe tone it down a little? Jeb may be the loud one here, but he's probably not the only one thinking that way. Rational or not, a lot of the people here identify pretty tightly to their beliefs."

This does seem to be a well-intentioned warning, of something that G'nichi himself seems to have noticed.
    Sure, he thinks the local religion is stupid and dangerous. But is it wise to make that opinion so obvious?
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

A Brisk Afternoon Jog - Day 2

G'nichi fixes Atsushi with an exhausted look. He's been up for an hour and he's already so incredibly tired.
    "There's nothing else to do. I already know I won't be able to prevent a death tomorrow. But I have no regrets for today. I stand by my beliefs as well, and that includes saving people whenever and wherever I can. I can reign in the blasphemy but I will not stop trying to help people." Even if it kills him to even suggest he supports this serial-killer of a god through silence.
    "It would also help if anyone could actually tell me why anyone lives here or venerates a god when at the moment the only thing I know about him is that he kills people in middle school games."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Atsushi nods, understandingly.
    They're reasonable concerns that G'nichi is expressing.

"I'm not suggesting to compromise your beliefs or anything like that. Just...maybe being more diplomatic? More flies with honey, right? Jeb's been in charge for a long time, so aggressively standing up to him might not have the results you're looking for. Might scare some people, turn off others. Folks tend to stick to what they know, when they're scared. Especially here."
    This is, by necessity, a very tight-knit community.

His gaze slides a little past G'nichi, towards the door everyone else left through.
    "For most of the adults, this is all they know. Me and the kids, we go up to Omoshin for school, but at the end of the day this is still home."
    There's a detail in there being glossed over that G'nichi's more clever weapon is vaguely intrigued by. But not a lie, at least.
    "Mari broke free, I guess, but even she still came back.
    And it's not like we're constantly living under the threat of death or anything! This is like...a bad fairy tale that you never really expected to actually happen."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

"You say that, but from what was said yesterday the last one wasn't that long ago." G'nichi answers. He'd appreciate if his weapon could pay attention to these things.
    "You might have to remind me where Omoshin is." He's not the best person with names sometimes.
    "So what exactly does this Shimono do when things aren't bad fairy tales? Is he supposed to be somewhere? Holidays, sites, that sort of thing?" Something about these names is very odd to him...

28. - Top - End - #178
    Halfling in the Playground

[Fort Aegis Resort]

Beyond the changing room, Ambrosia and Thariza will find a spacious cavern, dominated by a vast pool in the centre. Steps cut directly into the stone lead down to it, a shallow gradient across the floor making it fairly deep towards the middle (it is one of the larger rooms after all). Across the floor of the pool, glowing stones set onto the floor bathe the room in a soft yellow glow, bolstered by gently scented candles in natural alcoves in the wall.

Off to one side, several loungers (including a couple of extra-large dragon sized loungers) have more hot warm towels laid out, ready and waiting for anyone who's had enough of the pleasantly hot water for the time being.

For the moment it's just the two of them (don't mind the kobold who laid out the towels skittering quickly out of the way). Seems it may be a little longer yet before anyone else joins them.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

29. - Top - End - #179

Default [Rivergreen]

"I think so. I'll just need to find someplace to stay. And hopefully they won't be too mad about me wrecking some or their things." Myriam looks a bit worried. "First, we should probably clean this back up." She begins slotting the documents back into their shelves.
    Anchor will help sort the ancestry documents back where they belong. It's important to keep things organized!
    "I'm sure people will be fine once they get to know you. But if they're not, I mean, you can just ask for my help."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Rivergreen

Things are cleaned up and put back where they belong.
    "Thanks for all your help!" Myriam bids Anchor farewell. "I'll remember what you did for me!"

My Nexus characters