New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Rivergreen]

"It was great to meet you."
    Anchor waves Myriam goodbye and heads out of city hall.
    You know, she did originally come here for a reason.
    Maybe they've fixed some of the damage to the market by now...
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2021-04-22 at 07:47 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 50: Meeting nature halfway

[Found Fortress]

Yep.

Bolt goes flying right through the draugr again.

But raising the sword and flooding the room with sunlight?

THAT works much better!

The dragur gives a papery, rattling hiss as it covers its face with one arm-

-and then gets set on fire.

It begins shrieking and flailing around before turning into mist and sinking into the stone floor.

Pepper takes a few trotting steps back, eyes scanning across the ground, as she tries to figure out what the monster is up to.

Then?

A look of realization flashes across her face!

"Oh! It's a mythology draugr, not a Skyrim one! That means it's immune to manufacture weapons!" Pepper pipes up. "The only way to beat it is to wrestle it back into its coffin!"

But it'll have to appear again before any wrestling can take place.

[iDungeon]

There is not, in fact, a slot for a gem in the statue's eye.

Though the pupil IS in fact a cavity.

Hmm...

It looks like there's something in there.

Like the handle a person could pull out and rotate?

"Finding anything up there?" Jeanette asks.

[Steelbite Canyon]

"Pff, doesn't matter. I died plenty of times. I'll just have to claw my way back again," Magdalene snorts ever as she continues to fade. "Cultist is dead so we're mostly clear. You guys just gotta find the weird purple rock he's got somewhere and smash it."

Her words get more and more insubstantial as she speaks until she has faded out completely.

All that's left is her corpse laying on the ground.

Well.

That's certainly weird.

But Atreyu is one of those adventure types form Azeroth, right?

He knows all about getting offed and having to run back to his body!

...right?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    A Brisk Afternoon Jog - Day 2

"You say that, but from what was said yesterday the last one wasn't that long ago." G'nichi answers. He'd appreciate if his weapon could pay attention to these things.
    "You might have to remind me where Omoshin is." He's not the best person with names sometimes.
    "So what exactly does this Shimono do when things aren't bad fairy tales? Is he supposed to be somewhere? Holidays, sites, that sort of thing?" Something about these names is very odd to him...
    Atsushi frowns and folds his arms, drumming his fingers across his elbows.
    "Fairy tale for those of us who weren't here, I guess."
    It's one thing if the old people are saying things were dangerous back in the day, another thing if they are now.

There's a vaguely condescending thought from one of his weapons (it's definitely the sword) about whether they need to be taking notes for G'nichi.

As for the other questions there:
    "Omoshin is a little west of here. We have a little makeshift road through the forest.
    The Lord isn't in any specific place, all of the forest is his domain. Omoshin has a handful of festivals in his honor, one is coming up actually, and I don't know about any holy grounds outside of the shrines. That's probably a better question for Lady Eiko, she's our priestess."

From what G'nichi should know of his intended jogging route, there definitely shouldn't be any big towns in the area, so that's odd.
    The chakram is pretty sure this wasn't a lie though.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

”What, you mean a town? There weren’t supposed to be any decently large towns around here. Wait, that’s just an anagram for Shimono.”
    Unoriginal naming convention or suspicious? He does not know.

Hm. Maybe he should just start asking people point blank things. If the chakram is good at reading people he might get a genuine reaction if he surprises them with a blunt question.

Found a Fortress

Spako nods and goes over to the coffin and sees if he can’t lift it up. He probably can’t but if it isn’t that heavy it might be easier to get the draugr into it if they can grab both pieces of this equation.

iDungeon

Linus nods. He slowly reaches in to pull and turn the lever.
    ”Yeah I think I got something here.” he calls down to Jeanie.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Atsushi seems...somewhat vaguely surprised by that point.
    In a "huh, whaddya know" sort of way.
    "Well, given that I think Lord Shinomo has been the patron of this area...since the beginning? I guess it would be sort of straightforward to choose an according naming scheme. Probably some way to honor him."
    He has no idea, evidently this is something he's never thought about before, or if he did it seemed minor enough that he forgot.
    Still seems to think it's pretty minor, but he is also staring down the possibility of daily death, so perhaps perspective is somewhere else here.

"We've definitely been here for a pretty long time though. Maybe not us here in Gerusasa, specifically, but Omoshin has been around for hundreds of years, I think."
    Absentee Spirit

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Found a Fortress]

"Oh, there's different types," June comments after Pepper's comment on them being mythological. "Glad they were just mythical, then: space zombies would probably be bad since then they'd probably be immune to sunlight."

The Dragonborn looks over at the coffin, and instantly decides that it's too heavy to pick it up. "Unfortunately, my brother's the one who is good at wrestling. Best I could do is take down the zomb-I mean, draugr, probably..." Not quite a normal zombie, since it can turn into mist.

She has a realization. "Oh! I get it! That's why it's called that, because you have to drag 'er back. Makes sense, but a dumb name."

Oh, right: so it's mist. Probably going to come out by a waterfall...and since the sword and crossbow won't work, she puts one down and the other disappears. June looks around for signs of mist returning. "So...well, glad it's still a stupid zombie, where it won't turn to mist when you grab it."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2021-04-23 at 01:44 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I've never seen Omoshin on a map before. But I'll ask Lady Eiko about the history. Maybe there's just not a lot of trade or something." G'nichi shrugs. He's trying to come up with things to ask him.
    "And it's just to the west, right? A path over there to the West. Where's the path? If we make it out of this I'd like to see it." he asks with a casual expression. Hmmm. He doesn't think cities just sit somewhere for hundreds of years without anyone noticing.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Atsushi raises an eyebrow here.
    "It's not really a secret, so I can show you where it is. If you're planning on running off though, I wouldn't recommend it. Maybe just more 'religious nonsense', but the path is kinda tricky on a clear day and it's probably outright dangerous now in the fog."

Oh that's funny. He's underselling how bad an idea he thinks it is because he suspects you'll listen better that way.
    Rare direct input from the chakram, as opposed to those vague feelings and suspicions.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2021-04-24 at 08:57 AM.
    Absentee Spirit

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

G’nichi shakes his head.
    ”Don’t worry. I have no intention of ending up like the librarians. You can just point it out and I’ll make the trip if I make it through this. Unlikely of course but it often pays to be optimistic.” The longer this conversation goes on the more G’nichi feels determined to do something tonight. He will not sit by while two people probably die.
    If nothing else, if he gets smited to ash for breaking the rules it’ll be one less target for Jeb to waste a day’s trial on.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Blackhart Woods

"Fwew, yeah. This place stinks. Do all dungeons smell this bad? I think that might have some part to play in it." Natalie gestures to the fungi-encrusted bones wrapped in chainmail. She takes a mask and puts it on, though it doesn't help too much. Natalie also pulls out a torch, a slim little maglite, and shines it around to see if there's anything else of interest, but there isn't- unless Karasu fancies checking out the long-dead corpse.

The door from the chamber is stuck. It opens into the room, so pushing against it won't really work. Natalie will help, either grabbing the handle alongside Karasu and helping to pull or scraping at the fungal growth on the ground so there's less for the bottom of the door to catch on. Beyond, once they've tugged the door open, is a narrow corridor, turning right and south for a short distance before bending back and travelling west, separated from the first chamber by a wall. It then bends south again, after travelling past the end of the first room. This southern passage ends in another door. The passage is musty, but not as damp as the previous room, without the fungal growth. The walls are still plain concrete, with dust on the floor and an arched ceiling. The door is a dry wooden door, with a brass lock. Chained to the lock is a matching key, currently dangling.

[Blackhart Woods]

"Yeah, figures." Karasu says as Natalie points out the dead body in the area. "Big bro says it depends; I asked. Haven't been to many dungeons myself, and those were excursions. Hope they don't all smell this bad, I particularly don't like bad smells, as you know." Even though she's been trained to endure it a little more than she usually would be able to.

The corpse is ignored in favour of pulling the door. She starts to unsheath her ninjato to do some scraping, but Natalie's beat her to it, so she sheathes it back and continues pulling. Once they're successful, she smiles at her girlfriend before continuing on.

The windy passage ends at the door with a brass lock, with the key chained to it. How lucky! "RNG's kind to us, today." She laughs at her little nerdy joke, which Natalie might understand due to her frequent references to the "Random Number God". "Let's get this open, Tali." She first inspects the lock and key for any magic emanating from them, then tries to pick it up and use it... only if there appears to be no funny business with it.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

Blackheart Woods

There is no magic upon the door, nor the key. The key turns and the door opens quite easily. Beyond is a chamber much larger than the first. There's several large benches and tables against the walls, with quite a bit of detritus and rubbish upon them. There's three doors, including the one the two girls have used. One wooden door to their left, and a concrete arch to the right. There's a large mirror hanging on one of the walls, surprisingly clean given the decay and dust everywhere else. In the centre of the room is a table with four old and battered computers on. They're really early models, easily twenty years old, maybe even thirty years, compared with modern technology. Of course, this ruin has been abandoned for far longer than that, so that's just comparing their appearances. There's no power down here; the lights aren't working, and the switch on the wall won't do anything. So Karasu would need to either take one out and patch it up or take a look at the insides to determine what they're actually like. One would be easier to remove than the others, since it's designed to be portable, though not a true laptop- it's too chunky, and isn't straight, and the screen flips up but not all the way at the back.

Natalie looks around over Karasu's shoulder, with some interest. "Those are weird looking computers." She's not seen computers quite so old, since they don't exist in her world so she's only seen them in the Nexus, where more modern-looking examples are available.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #192

[iDungeon]

Linus grabs the handle, gives is a twist, and pulls it out!

There comes a low groaning of stone against stone as the back of the statue's mouth rolls away revealing a chamber beyond!

The room isn't that large this time around, though it DOES have a rather notable feature.

Everything is covered in ice. The floors, the walls, the ceiling, the statues-

EVERYTHING!

The roof is absolutely covered in sharp icicles. Several pairs of statues facing each other form a pathway leading from the secret door to (ice covered) wooden door at the north end of the room.

Jeanette climbs through, shivering a bit at the sudden chill. Her breath swirls in a mist. "Ugh. This had better just be one room. I HATE ice dungeons."

Ice dungeons.

Or EYEce dungeons?

[Found a Fortress]

"No it doesn't have anything to do with dragging, I think their name is Norwegian or some-"

Thing!

The draugr just popped out of the waterfall and goes zooming toward June!

June better think fast since Spako is already picking up the coffin to help stuff the zombie into it!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

Linus hops down and follows Jeanie into the room.
    Which statue is going to wake up and try to stab them this time? He's gotten used to not being able to attack first. It never works.
    "I sure hope it's not a trend. I don't have fur like my brother and sister." he says genially.
    Of course he doesn't. That would be weird. Unlike this room, which is just cold. And probably full of something ready to kill them, but they're walking forward anyway!
    Oh, yeah. Linus has sticky snail shoes. Good time to test them out! He goes to see if he can walk on the ice so he doesn't have to try the obviously trapped central path.

Found Fortress

Spako is too far away from June to help!
    He's also dragging a coffin which is really hard to do when you're a quadruped. Good thing dragons have thumbs.
    "June! Get him in here!" he calls as he advances on June and the draugr with the coffin in tow!
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2021-04-25 at 09:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194

[iDungeon]

"Gotta admit I wasn't expecting an ice dungeon. My clothes are still kinda damp from that stupid octopus thing,"
    Jeanette grumbles as she scoots off the statue path with Linus. "I bet those stupid things would have shot icicles at us when we walked between them."

Probably.

Tons of icicles.

"You're better off without fur. Just get a better jacket if you need it," she says.

She's pretty firm on the whole 'being human is better than getting weirded on' thing. After all, she has experience with both.

Jeanette grabs the handle on the other end of the room and gives it a tug.

Nothing.

"Great it's stuck," she sighs. "Hey, help me smack this thing open. On three. One, two, THREE!"

Shoulder ram the door time!

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

"I wasn't planning on getting any. Though to be fair, a good jacket stops working when it's wet."
    Shoulder ram time! One, two, three!

You know, that minotaur from the arcade would have been good to have in this room. Naturally warm AND good at tackling things. This must be why the 4-Man Party is the gold standard adventuring format.
    ...except in the Nexus. It's usually lower than that. Linus wonders why that is while he charges the door with Jeanie.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[A Brisk Afternoon Job - Day 2]

Atsushi seems somewhat wary, despite the reassurance from G'nichi, but seems to be more interested in cooperation here.
    He seems practical enough to not see stonewalling G'nichi as a long term favorable decision. Fighting bad, right?

"Well, let's go quick then. If we dally alone together too long, it'll probably make people suspicious."
    Depending on if anything more specific is sought here, he'll lead them over to the end of town where there's a little gap in the trees leading to a small dirt trail. What little of it can be seen in the fog seems a bit overgrown, but visible.
    Absentee Spirit

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

G'nichi eyes the path. "Well it looks like it's a little narrow for me, but I could manage it. Something to look forward to, I guess. I'll have to ask Lady Eiko about the map thing." Atsushi has a point: there's no sense sticking to anyone too long after making people suspicious.
    "Well, have a great day, Atsushi. And thanks a bunch.
    Oh, right, and you're not one of the Demons, are you?"
    he asks bluntly. The look on his face makes it seem like he's asking in good humor but he's still asking very bluntly.
    Which is the intention of course. He needs to ask directly enough for the chakram to get a good read on if his answer is lying.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Atsushi flinches a bit at the question, but maybe it's just the bluntness of it, some very minor faux pas about asking for roles.
    "Of course not. If they were smart, the demons would avoid any situation like this that was vaguely likely to call suspicion on them."

He seems very uncomfortable with the question, but he also doesn't seem to be lying.
    "And if they were, it would probably be to kill the other participant later to spread more confusion."
    Definitely put a very weird amount of thought into this though.

Think like your enemy, know your enemy, destroy your enemy.
    He would be a troublesome foe, I think.
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

G’nichi grins.
    ”Of course. Sorry. I’m still kind of hoping we’ll get lucky and someone will be a bad liar when someone asks. But so far everyone seems very sincere. Gotta work with that time I have. You take care of yourself.”
    The nice thing about having until tomorrow morning until he probably dies is that he has twelve hours to investigate. He’ll try the priestess, Eiko next. He’s convinced Jeb is sincere. And he’s still hoping he can find something about this Shimono that he can use to stop this twisted game.

20. - Top - End - #200

[Found Fortress]

!

While June is lucky she was expecting it to come from the waterfalls, seeing it move so quickly is still a little surprising. She freezes in place for a few moments, trying to decide what she can do. It would have been a lot better if it had gone after someone else, because then they could probably do something.
    "R-right!"

Luckily, she has that armor, which has helped save her already from a dragon bite.
    She hopes it works.
    She bets if it can go through weapons, it can probably go through armor too.

Honestly, it's probably stronger than her. Zombies tend to be pretty strong, in spite of what makes sense. Sure that she can't overpower it, and thinking that a simple takedown just won't be good enough, June reaches out to grab at the draugr's upper arms, and uses a foot to go after one of the draugr's legs, trying to keep it off balance so that it's easier to spin around and put it between her and Spako.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"Hm, you take care too. I don't envy your position here, as an outsider. Good luck."
    Atsushi gives a half-hearted wave with a thoughtful expression, before walking off to the dining hall.

After heading much the same direction, G'nichi diverts back to the temple that had hosted the Banquet.
    Therein he can find Lady Eiko kneeling in the back, facing a little altar and evidently praying. That small child is seated next to her, doing that thing children do where they're trying to follow the same process, but fidgeting too much because...well, children aren't good at sitting quietly like that for very long.
    Absentee Spirit

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

G'nichi makes sure his flannel is actually buttoned for once before entering. Have to at least pretend to be respectful.
    He enters the room and leans against the wall for a while. It's only if Eiko sits there for over five minutes without noticing his presence does he speak up.
    "Lady Eiko? Do you have a minute? I wanted to ask you about this place given the ah, circumstances." he says quietly.

23. - Top - End - #203

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dimensional Troubles]

"I'm talking about everything. There's not a single thing I've seen here today that's not creepy or dangerous." Thariza opts for being brutally direct. "We ran into those blue guys outside. I don't know if anyone's going to have much luck persuading them not to attack you, but I hope the two Ambrosias and... whoever this lady is... try anyway."
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Dimensional Troubles]

"None taken." Riss said as she noted down the dragon's response. That is to say, it was filed under several guesses ranging from telekinesis to 'Emanation.' It wasn't a very helpful explanation but.. Well, one took what one could get. "I would like to see you do that with other things in the future, if possible." she said, switching to somewhat more colloquial word choice though none but her would know it was done grudgingly. The colloquialism hadn't been 'earned' in her opinion but.. Well, it was only for now, after all.

As for the telepathic signals, though.. Well, that depends. If it was a projected sort of telepathy, then it would seem that Riss would momentarily stiffen as if in response to some kind of threat. If it was a link between minds... Well, things would get messy. Regardless, it was not agreeable in the slightest but the muse at least was aware that it wasn't due to an actual attack at least. Certainly her composure would be at least briefly dropped though would just as quickly re-settle into the same staunched poise as she asked "So what's this about a battle? These allies?" she asked with just the slightest clipping of her tone
    [Fort Aegis Resort]

Thariza thinks about what to say as she takes off her armor. Charr aren't particularly bashful about nudity and she's no exception.

"Lucy called the two dragons the baby dragons' dads. So that means they're both male, but had kids. Either they're adopted or something else happened. I don't know how dragons reproduce. Pretty sure Elder Dragons don't." Her ears flick. "Also, I feel like this place hasn't been in operation very long. The little lizard-people don't seem very confident inviting guests in."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Fort Aegis Resort]

Beyond the changing room, Ambrosia and Thariza will find a spacious cavern, dominated by a vast pool in the centre. Steps cut directly into the stone lead down to it, a shallow gradient across the floor making it fairly deep towards the middle (it is one of the larger rooms after all). Across the floor of the pool, glowing stones set onto the floor bathe the room in a soft yellow glow, bolstered by gently scented candles in natural alcoves in the wall.

Off to one side, several loungers (including a couple of extra-large dragon sized loungers) have more hot warm towels laid out, ready and waiting for anyone who's had enough of the pleasantly hot water for the time being.

For the moment it's just the two of them (don't mind the kobold who laid out the towels skittering quickly out of the way). Seems it may be a little longer yet before anyone else joins them.
    [Fort Aegis Resort]

"One can usually assume they reproduce the usual way. The dragon children we saw didn't give me any reason to believe otherwise at least. You're right about this place though, a lot of the information I found regarding it suggested it hadn't always been a bathhouse. Seemed like it was more of a traditional fort at one point." Ambrosia still pays little attention to their sorroundings, not even having taken a seat yet. "But what do you make of Lucy? She stands out among the staff and I can't help but to wonder why. I should really have asked her what she was doing her. But there's always time later I suppose."

[Dimensional Troubles]

"For that we would blame the humans that decided to destroy and steal our equipment. That's what caused this abnormality and we're now trying to repair and contain it the best of our ability." Jaccal gestures at the illusionary image."Speaking of which, we will need to do somthing for us." Tariza can see the dragon, the alien warriors, Ambrosia and that metal drone entering the temple now. "We need you to convince them to stay put. Your companion may enter but the others have to stay. We have enough to deal with to worry about such unpredictable beings moving around all this sensetive equipment. Like removing the tracker from you for instance." Jaacal now points down at a floor tile which has a carved mouth into it, Thariza have seen many like it while wandering through this temple. "Please stand here and you will be able to talk to them."

The carved maw will then start to glow and if she does stand on it whatever she says will be heard by the others.

The dragon turns to the armored aliens. "Er, right. The attack." Then looks back to Riss and Ambrosia. "Yeah, we met and decided to take down this temple together. So, uh, that's what we're going to do!" Then the dragon turns back to the aliens. "Just follow me inside and I'll, uh, tell you when to attack, okay? We just need to find who- or whatever is in charge and beat them until they give us what we want. Easy as pie for people as us, right?" Ambrosia doesn't say anything but her glare at the dragon is anything but approving and the dragon seems to feel it considering that even Riss can tell that she's getting nervous.
    But given that the response form the aliens is a resounding: ...so it shall be., the dragon moves ahead towards the large dragon-shaped hole in the temple. Suddenly appearing quite confident in her 'attack plan'.

Ambrosia let's out a small sigh. "Let's try to nudge her and these people towards a peaceful resolution, shall we?" She whispers to Riss before following along as well, keeping herself to the rear of the group.

But as they enter the temple they will start hearing Thariza's voice boom out from somewhere. The exact source of her voice not immidiately apparent.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-04-29 at 02:07 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[A Brisk Afternoon Jog - Day 2]

The impression is given pretty quick that Lady Eiko could probably be where she is for a long time.
    But G'nichi is saved instead by the child, who notices him pretty quickly. Sparing our hero from having to be the interrupting force, the boy reaches over a hand to gently tug the priestess' sleeve.

She lifts her head up to look at him, before following a pointed finger in G'nichi's direction.

If the interruption bothers her, she doesn't show it, instead wearing a polite little smile as she rises to her feet.
    "I will answer what I may, with a warning that I have not been here as long as some of the others. I hope I have the answers you seek, regardless."
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

G’nichi seems surprised.
    ”Oh? Then you were an outsider here once? I’m surprised is all. I would have predicted the priests to be here the longest. Oh right, and Atsushi mentioned a place to the west named Omoshin that I’d never heard of. Is that a neighboring town?” he asks, trying to be as polite as possible.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

[Fort Aegis Resort]

Thariza strokes her chin in thought.

"I thought she was one of the staff. But she's not one of those tiny lizardfolk, so maybe not. And probably not a relative, since she's not a dragon. Doesn't look like it's her job to take care of the baby dragons, either. She was at the end of her rope with them."

[Dimensional Troubles]

Thariza clears her throat, feeling awkward. This no doubt resonates through the temple.

"Uh, hey. This is me, Thariza. I've been talking to the owner of this place. They're going to fix me like I wanted them to now, but they're asking that you please stay put. Don't ransack the place. The smaller Ambrosia, that I originally came here, with, can enter."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post

[Caravan Search]

Tao will see they're facing west, according to his compass.

The tunnel ahead continues downward, deeper into complete darkness. The muck from the entrance gives way to clean rock as they leave the sunlit world behind.

The spider will find, further up ahead, the path splits, one direction continuing downward, another smaller passage branching off to the right.
    Raeh was happy to find clean ground, unfortunately it was too late for her boots. They were going to require extensive cleaning.
    ”might as well just shout our arrival.” she mutters, squinting under the sudden glow of the fire lit weapon.

Raeh recalls the map in her head and lets everyone know of the paths ahead.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

Caravan Search

Jack doesn't have any magic that would glow or otherwise help the others see, except her wand. But that makes glowing projectiles, so she won't use it yet. She'll continue with the others, trying to stick to places that won't get her shoes dirty. Although she could just fly over the top, it's dark and she needs the eyes in her wings to see. And when they're moving it's much trickier to see what's in front of her with them.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [B]
    [Dimensional Troubles]

"For that we would blame the humans that decided to destroy and steal our equipment. That's what caused this abnormality and we're now trying to repair and contain it the best of our ability." Jaccal gestures at the illusionary image."Speaking of which, we will need to do somthing for us." Tariza can see the dragon, the alien warriors, Ambrosia and that metal drone entering the temple now. "We need you to convince them to stay put. Your companion may enter but the others have to stay. We have enough to deal with to worry about such unpredictable beings moving around all this sensetive equipment. Like removing the tracker from you for instance." Jaacal now points down at a floor tile which has a carved mouth into it, Thariza have seen many like it while wandering through this temple. "Please stand here and you will be able to talk to them."

The carved maw will then start to glow and if she does stand on it whatever she says will be heard by the others.

The dragon turns to the armored aliens. "Er, right. The attack." Then looks back to Riss and Ambrosia. "Yeah, we met and decided to take down this temple together. So, uh, that's what we're going to do!" Then the dragon turns back to the aliens. "Just follow me inside and I'll, uh, tell you when to attack, okay? We just need to find who- or whatever is in charge and beat them until they give us what we want. Easy as pie for people as us, right?" Ambrosia doesn't say anything but her glare at the dragon is anything but approving and the dragon seems to feel it considering that even Riss can tell that she's getting nervous.
    But given that the response form the aliens is a resounding: ...so it shall be., the dragon moves ahead towards the large dragon-shaped hole in the temple. Suddenly appearing quite confident in her 'attack plan'.

Ambrosia let's out a small sigh. "Let's try to nudge her and these people towards a peaceful resolution, shall we?" She whispers to Riss before following along as well, keeping herself to the rear of the group.

But as they enter the temple they will start hearing Thariza's voice boom out from somewhere. The exact source of her voice not immidiately apparent.
    [Fort Aegis Resort]

[Dimensional Troubles]

Thariza clears her throat, feeling awkward. This no doubt resonates through the temple.

"Uh, hey. This is me, Thariza. I've been talking to the owner of this place. They're going to fix me like I wanted them to now, but they're asking that you please stay put. Don't ransack the place. The smaller Ambrosia, that I originally came here, with, can enter."
    [Dimensional Troubles]

Hmm. "Hmm." Well that was interesting. "Well, I would think it a better idea to acquiesce to this request for the time being. Why is an attack necessary in the first place, anyway?" Riss asked, one hand reaching up to the terminal's forehead area. Though it appeared to be a single, smooth plate, there seemed to be no trouble in removing the odd, sapphire sensor, If it could even be called that, from it's head. Now that it was fully exposed. It looked to be more akin to some kind of eyeball-sized crystal save for the internal faucets being.. Well, the naked eye wouldn't be able to glean much other than the fact that it refracted the light in ways that seemed Off. Stranger still was that it left no recess in it's absence. Similarly, she also removed one of the small glass containers that hung from the terminal's horns, pressing it gently against the sensor as the two units fused. It was an assembly that could fit in the palm of one's hand though perhaps felt a touch heavier than one might expect from the size.

"Why not exhaust negotiations first? From the sound of it, we already have a trusted candidate and the absolute worst case is that we just get information about the interior passages and design if a tactical reason is necessary here." she said, holding out the sensor/device to the 'smaller Ambrosia' in a clear indication that it should be taken.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2021-05-03 at 09:08 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210

[Dimensional Troubles]

The dragon raises one claw in a hushing motion to Riss as she asks why the attack was nessecary before turning to face the aliens. "'Exhaust negotations'? Sounds like it'd be worth a try at least, don't you think? If it fails we can always give 'em a good whopping." The dragon makes a boxing motion with her claws, the armored beings looking at her with what seems to be confusion.

Meanwhile, Ambrosia can't help but to giggle at Thariza's nickname though in the same motion she discreetly accepts the device offered to her and gives Riss a curt nod, and then turns to address the others. "I concur as well, I'm going to go in there and make sure to undo this. Chances are, judging from the smoke raising from it, something simply went wrong and needs to be fixed. Thus, attacking would likely make things worse." Riss would have noticed smoke rising from the side of the temple, as if an explosion had recently gone off there.

The aliens all looks one another, perhaps exchanging some telepathic communication between one another before the one who have been speaking for them so far looks to the dragon. For now, we shall trust in you wisdom and stay our blades.

Ambrosia turns to look up the eyes carved into the ceiling of the temple. "I'm coming in Thariza, but tell our friend in there that if they wish any more help with whatever device that caused all this, they should consider inviting her as well." She gestures at the Riss drone.

Thariza can hear Ambrosia's reply and so can Jaccal it seems. "Tell them... we accept this. We wish to learn more about whoever created that."

[Fort Aegis Resort]

"Pretty sure she's a part of the staff in some fashion." Ambrosia declares thoughfully, feeling there was a piece of puzzle they were missing here. "But it would be rude to speculate too much regarding her. We should simply change into something more suitable and perhaps we'll get the opportunity to ask her or her employeers later on." The scholar gestures at the robes. "One of these should be in your size I hope."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-05-03 at 05:23 PM.