Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1487
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A Wild Lurker Appears! Hyoi's Random Banter #232

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Well, I'm sorry if you feel that way.
    Ok, I surrender. Everybody is right and I'm wrong. I'm going to start listening to other people's advice and be more careful.
    Okay. I'm going to take you at your word here, but in the interest of helping you get better (which I'm only bringing up because you have said you're going to take peoples' advice), I need to bring up something about these posts.

They are classic ways to phrase deflection. "I'm sorry you feel that way" especially.

Again, I'm taking you at your word that you're going to take advice and try to get better. The way you phrase it though, makes it sound as if you have no intention of getting better and just want the conversation to end.

If you don't have any interest in changing or improving, just let us know and we'll stop trying.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Titan in the Playground

I love me some Kerbal. I play modded without expansions, but because it dips my framerate below 20 even on 720p minimum graphics I'm holding out on it until my RAM upgrade.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Not going to have broadband for a while in a few days, anybody got recommendations for games to download and have ready until I wait for the internet people to connect my new flat?

Please bare in mind that I don't like shooters, at least partially due to my dyspraxia, and won't be able to play anything particularly modern until I get a proper PC.
    Going through my Steam list....

Dungeonmans: A roguelike with a focus on mobility powers and comedy, with a focus of ongoing progression. Comedy to that point that its "Pay2Lose" DLC is nothing but optional difficulty increases. (Also contains my favorite implementation of the "RPG barbarian" concept; the Southern Gentlemans skills give a realtime resource in an otherwise completely turn-based game, and supports making rushed decisions that are usually a bad idea in the game/genre)

Dungeons of Dredmor: Satirical-of-itself-and-its-genre comedy with a roguelike veneer, in much the same way that Star Wars is high fantasy with a sci-fi veneer. Just about everything had some sort of absurdist tooltip, even already absurd things like Existential resistance and the Caddishness stat.

Fidel Dungeon Rescue: Rich grid-with-self-restrictive-movement puzzler where you control a dog who can bark and rewind time.

FTL: What DataNinja said.

Galactic Mining Corp: Admittedly I can imagine that dyspraxia could pose a problem for a mining game at some points, and the specs are higher than I'd have expected for it being 2D; but I've been playing this since it came out earlier this week, so I'd be remiss not to mention it.

Into the Breach: What DataNinja said, again.

Invisible, Inc.: Think of it like the tactical/stealth turn-based/grid-based cousin of FTL and Into the Breach.

Monster Slayers: Class-based...card-based...RPG...roguelite? Did I get all the descriptors right? o_o

Reverse Crawl: Really needs a better name, it has little to do with dungeon crawling....Tactical hex-grid-based quasi-RPG battling, this time.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

I'll probably pick up at least one of Into The Breach, Dungeons of Dredmor, and Reverse Crawl, but I'll do it tomorrow when I'm less tired. Maybe Sins of a Solar Empire as well if it goes on sale again.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

I'll probably pick up at least one of Into The Breach, Dungeons of Dredmor, and Reverse Crawl, but I'll do it tomorrow when I'm less tired. Maybe Sins of a Solar Empire as well if it goes on sale again.
    In one last ditch attempt, The Impossible Game is surprisingly peaceful. And fun. And just super inexpensive.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I really can stand the toxicity of the internet nowadays and I learn to walk from it.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Titan in the Playground

I really can stand the toxicity of the internet nowadays and I learn to walk from it.
    Bringing it to the random banter thread is literally the opposite of walking away from it, it's spreading it elsewhere.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Bringing it to the random banter thread is the opposite of walking away from it, it's spreading it elsewhere.
    That's true and it's also tiring and wasteful to put up with toxic drama.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2021-05-22 at 12:14 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Titan in the Playground

Doing a last packing push to get things 99% done and discovered a copy of Halo: Reach for the 360 that I'd forgotten I had. Maybe I'll give it a go this evening before I seal the boxes.

Show

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm glad that summer is coming. I might be thinking about going to the beach and spend the day there. I probably might go to Coney Island for the rides and stuff.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2021-05-22 at 01:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Titan in the Playground

I'm mainly looking forward to the summer dresses.

Hopefully they won't just be on women this year.

Show

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm mainly looking forward to the summer dresses.

Hopefully they won't just be on women this year.
    Cool. I love summer fashion as well.

13. - Top - End - #1363

Doing a last packing push to get things 99% done and discovered a copy of Halo: Reach for the 360 that I'd forgotten I had. Maybe I'll give it a go this evening before I seal the boxes.
    I'm more than a bit upset that the armor/CR gains on Reach don't cross over from 360 to the Xbone or Steam (I assume). I can't remember if I was Mythic or Noble, but I was very high up there.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I'm more than a bit upset that the armor/CR gains on Reach don't cross over from 360 to the Xbone or Steam (I assume). I can't remember if I was Mythic or Noble, but I was very high up there.
    You and me BOTH. I think I was a Hero? But the gains are different and the armor unlocks differently. I'm more mad that my maps didn't all get transferred. I had some great puzzle maps.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Troll in the Playground

I was mostly upset that you have to unlock everything sequentially, and that only multiplayer modes counted. So... for me, that meant Firefight. Couldn't earn anything through playing through the Campaign anymore...
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

Because I don't have to move everything now, and don't have all my furniture yet, I've packed up everything I want to use and have left the decorative stuff unpacked to sort through into the stuff I'm taking and the charity shop selection in a couple of weeks. Once I've got all the books unpacked I'll start thinking on additional decoration.

Unfortunately organising everything I'm not taking into 'want to take later', 'might want to keep', and 'charity shop' is hard, I never realised a) howmuch of a hoarder I am and b) how much I like little decorative stuff. I'm going to need at least a computer desk and TV stand.

Show

17. - Top - End - #1367

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    I was mostly upset that you have to unlock everything sequentially, and that only multiplayer modes counted. So... for me, that meant Firefight. Couldn't earn anything through playing through the Campaign anymore...
    That's my fault (well, players like me). I had (still have, really) at least two notable checkpoint saves;
    Spoiler: Halo: Reach
    Show
    one on ONI sword base where I ran on the right wall, grabbed the airstrike tagger, turned around, called in an airstrike, and then triggered the checkpoint, such that I could wait a few seconds, get a killionaire (along with all 8 lesser multikill medals and two sprees), then revert to checkpoint save, wait a few seconds, get a killionaire (along with all 8 lesser multikill medals and two sprees, revert to checkpoint save, wait a few seconds....

The other was on the first night mission. Got a sniper, sneak up on an elite with his back turned, and it took a while but I finally got the checkpoint to be saved right as the targeting reticle was on his head. With the Mythic skull on. Hold down right trigger and revert to save almost immediately, sniper heads hot on an upgraded elite. Easy cleanup on medals and challenges. Didn't even need to watch, could put something else on and so long as I knew the button combo to revert to saved checkpoint, I could just feel for the shot via controller vibration.

I cheesed the hell out of the campaign medal system. Quick rank up the first six or so ranks. But the last several million cR were definitely hard-earned. Anyway, Bhngie probably wasn't a fan of that route.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-05-22 at 07:41 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Troll in the Playground

That's my fault (well, players like me).
    Ah, I seeeeeeeeee…
    Darn gamers, ruining my games!

(It might be good to just spoiler that stuff, though, given Zodi's mentioned she's about to play it, and she's been careful to try and avoid details of what's to come.)
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2021-05-22 at 07:38 PM.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

19. - Top - End - #1369

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Ah, I seeeeeeeeee…
    Darn gamers, ruining my games!

(It might be good to just spoiler that stuff, though, given Zodi's mentioned she's about to play it, and she's been careful to try and avoid details of what's to come.)
    Fair point, done.

Also, I had no regrets. But yeah, they shouldn't have screwed with Reach when porting it over to MCC.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Speaking of games. Back at my childhood school basketball team days, my childhood school basketball team have a scrimmage against a high school which they're next door to my childhood school. I made my very first basketball shot and I started to dance all over the gym. My assistant coach told me to stop dancing. Of course, I did make a couple of shots on that day and my team won. After that the cheerleaders from the other team wanted me to dance for them so I did. However, their boyfriends from the basketball team got jealous and they wanted to beat me up so I ran like Sonic The Hedgehog and left. Those were some good times.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Troll in the Playground

Also, I had no regrets. But yeah, they shouldn't have screwed with Reach when porting it over to MCC.
    I don't blame ya, it's just annoying for me.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Does anyone in this forum still watch cable? I don't. I haven't watch cable for a very long time and cable is very expensive anyway.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

No, I haven’t had cable since I moved out of my parents house. 90% of the time I don’t miss it, the only thing that makes me consider getting it again is sports. NFL I can usually get away with since the Patriots are always on CBS and most other games are on networks, but every Celtics game is on NBCSN and finding other ways to watch is kind of a pain.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beeftank View Post
    No, I haven’t had cable since I moved out of my parent's house. 90% of the time I don’t miss it, the only thing that makes me consider getting it again is sports. NFL I can usually get away with since the Patriots are always on CBS and most other games are on networks, but every Celtics game is on NBCSN, and finding other ways to watch is kind of a pain.
    I haven't watch cable since the late 2000s. I don't miss cable either. I used to watch a lot of cartoons with a cable but as the cable bill build up it was time to let it go.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

All ready for the move tomorrow, and I'm excited. Also incredibly stressed, The build up has been long enough that I just want this over with already, and to be sitting down in my new flat tomorrow evening with a cup of coffee and the Coriolis rulebook.

Like I know tomorrow isn't the end of the stress, there is still at minimum the broadband to sort out, but it'll be the major step done and I've got a date on Tuesday to calm down with.

Show

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

already for the move tomorrow, and I'm excited. Also incredibly stressed, The build-up has been long enough that I just want this over with already, and to be sitting down in my new flat tomorrow evening with a cup of coffee and the Coriolis rulebook.

Like I know tomorrow isn't the end of the stress, there is still at minimum the broadband to sort out, but it'll be the major step done and I've got a date on Tuesday to calm down with.
    Cool. Have fun with your date.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Titan in the Playground

Cool. Have fun with your date.
    I will, lots of fun, we might even dip into one of the many free museums or galleries around the capital. And hopefully stay away from the game shop.

Show

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I will, lots of fun, we might even dip into one of the many free museums or galleries around the capital. And hopefully, stay away from the game shop.
    Wonderful. So anyway I feel very relaxed that I took a break from working out today. So I rest and took a nap.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

Finally got some painting done for the first time in a while.

Pretty happy with how Belakor turned out.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Finally got some painting done for the first time in a while.

Pretty happy with how Belakor turned out.
    Magnificent. I love it.