New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1487
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: A Wild Lurker Appears! Hyoi's Random Banter #232

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    One fun thing about being geninely very unwell is that sometimes you get to experience yourself at the most delirious.

Last night I had convinced myself my 2litre water bottle was full of helpful ice children who would protect me, and that I wold protect them/ Also I spoke exclusively in a Russian accent, up until the point I noticed what time it is after which I immediately switched to Canadian for a "god ****ing damnit" before slipping back into Russian.
    A few years ago, when I had my massive blood clot but thought it was just a cramp, I was laying in bed, having woken up in the middle of the night, and I swear to god my leg had transformed into a fortress and a bunch of little tiny soldiers were on my bed laying siege to it and shooting holes into the fortress hurt like hell but they needed to get in and kill whatever was inside or the world would be destroyed.

Granted, I tend towards delirium in general when I first wake up, especially when I didn't sleep well, but in hindsight I'm wondering if that wasn't something I should have told the doctors. (Though considering I told the doctors that I was willing to consider amputation, they might have gotten the point.)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #1412

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    You okay, Zodi?

I'm kinda jealous, my migraines don't give me any funny, just a desire for the sweet relief of death.
    I'm not, not really.

Due to a variety of factors, likely mostly just my Kidney ****ing up, the past three weeks have been me with super dry and stickymouth, unable to generate saliva, that slowly spread to my fingers, hands, arms, feet, nose, ears and eyes. It has made sleeping almost impossible, waking up every hour on the hour to windmill slam water into my face until I'm capable of swallowing and breathing without pain. Having a big water with me in my bed will help with my body waking p since I don't have to activate all my limbs, I just grab the bottle and go.

Oh also it goes without saying but I've been throwing up a fair bit here and there, and am having a hard time processing food.

3. - Top - End - #1413

I'm not, not really.

Due to a variety of factors, likely mostly just my Kidney ****ing up, the past three weeks have been me with super dry and stickymouth, unable to generate saliva, that slowly spread to my fingers, hands, arms, feet, nose, ears and eyes. It has made sleeping almost impossible, waking up every hour on the hour to windmill slam water into my face until I'm capable of swallowing and breathing without pain. Having a big water with me in my bed will help with my body waking p since I don't have to activate all my limbs, I just grab the bottle and go.

Oh also it goes without saying but I've been throwing up a fair bit here and there, and am having a hard time processing food.
    ...Have you seen a doctor?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #1414

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ...Have you seen a doctor?
    Last week yeah, she said to monitor if it gets better or worse, it's probably related to diabetes. Then we got an appointment for Friday, so presuming I live I'll be seeing her then.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

Pick, I've never been anywhere close to that sick. I hope that your local health service is outstanding without even spending s penny, and wish you a speedy recovery to the 'but entertaining others' stages.

I just reorganised my bookshelves, and I'm still not happy with how the games are. Maybe I'll try doing it by company rather than theme, but to stop myself sorry the entire day reorganising I'll do it tomorrow.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm kinda jealous, my migraines don't give me any funny
    Technically, I think I wasn't so much delirious "because of the illness" as "because of the painkillers and other medications needed to endure said illness"
    just a desire for the sweet relief of death.
    Yeah, it comes with that too.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm very hyper right now. I drank two cups of a small coffee. One at 7-11 and the second at my job.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not, not really.

Ooooh, that sounds terrible. Stay strong, you can pull through this!
    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Technically, I think I wasn't so much delirious "because of the illness" as "because of the painkillers and other medications needed to endure said illness"
    Oh, that makes sense.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

One fun thing about being geninely very unwell is that sometimes you get to experience yourself at the most delirious.

Last night I had convinced myself my 2litre water bottle was full of helpful ice children who would protect me, and that I wold protect them/ Also I spoke exclusively in a Russian accent, up until the point I noticed what time it is after which I immediately switched to Canadian for a "god ****ing damnit" before slipping back into Russian.
    I hope you feel better.

10. - Top - End - #1420

1940s: Bugs Bunny dresses like a woman to screw with people.

2010s: Bugs Bunny dresses like a woman because he just decided he wanted to feel pretty that day.

There's a commentary to make there, but I'm not sure what it is beyond a generic platitude about characters adapting to fit with changing social views.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-05-26 at 10:31 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beeftank View Post
    You said you had a date tonight so I hope you’re ready to do your part.
    Lie back Assume your preferred position and think of England a nation of your choosing.

Last week yeah, she said to monitor if it gets better or worse, it's probably related to diabetes. Then we got an appointment for Friday, so presuming I live I'll be seeing her then.
    Ah, bugger. Don't you go dying on our watch. The thread and forums need you.

12. - Top - End - #1422

1940s: Bugs Bunny dresses like a woman to screw with people.

2010s: Bugs Bunny dresses like a woman because he just decided he wanted to feel pretty that day.

There's a commentary to make there, but I'm not sure what it is beyond a generic platitude about characters adapting to fit with changing social views.
    Honestly sometimes that's all we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Ah, bugger. Don't you go dying on our watch. The thread and forums need you.
    I will endure.

Thank you for the well wishes everyone, by the way.

13. - Top - End - #1423

Honestly sometimes that's all we need.
    If I was gonna take a crack at it...

I do not recall a single instance of Bugs expressing attraction to a female character prior to the introduction of Lola Bunny in the 90s.

I do recall plenty of examples of Bugs kissing or flirting with other male characters across decades, both when disguised as a woman and not.

You could probably put Bugs in a list of LGBT characters without raising many brows. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't already on a couple.

There's also the note that they could have just... Stopped doing the cross-dressing because that kind of joking is considered overly offensive now, but instead, they made the deliberate choice to reframe the action in a different context...

If you want to take a meta-viewpoint, Tiny Toon Adventures had an episode establishing that Bugs Bunny was decades-old(Over fifty at the time the episode was made, which was roughly 50 years from his first appearance in his finalized form) but was kept in the prime o his health and youth because, as a cartoon character, the laughter of his audience literally sustained him.

So looking at it from a metafictional perspective, one could argue that Bugs has literally been alive all this time but at the same time has been kept young enough that he's more able to change and grow than the average person of his actual age(he'd be pushing 80 by now) and Loony Tunes: Back In Action has someone explain to him that his cross-dressing bit wasn't funny anymore and was no kind of offensive.

So, if we look at him in the light of being a single continuous character instead of a series of adaptions, the perhaps he thought about it and... Realized something about himself? There would have been eight years, and even for an eternally youthful cartoon that's a long time.

...Or I'm just overthinking things.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

Last week yeah, she said to monitor if it gets better or worse, it's probably related to diabetes.
    I was about to say, that sounds much like the time I was in the ICU because I managed to be severely dehydrated without knowing it, and with severely high blood sugar because the dehydration meant my blood sugar monitor was grossly underreporting what my blood sugar was so I wasn't taking insulin to counteract it....Well, except I couldn't drink water without throwing it up soon thereafter, so it sounds like you're doing better than I was; hope it stays that way!

If you want to take a meta-viewpoint, Tiny Toon Adventures had an episode establishing that Bugs Bunny was decades-old(Over fifty at the time the episode was made, which was roughly 50 years from his first appearance in his finalized form) but was kept in the prime o his health and youth because, as a cartoon character, the laughter of his audience literally sustained him.
    Fields of Honey, yes; although I think the visual redesign of Honey herself (from 30s blackface to 90s proto-Animaniacs) probably demonstrates your point better.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

If I was gonna take a crack at it...

I do not recall a single instance of Bugs expressing attraction to a female character before the introduction of Lola Bunny in the 90s.

I do recall plenty of examples of Bugs kissing or flirting with other male characters across decades, both when disguised as a woman and not.

You could probably put Bugs in a list of LGBT characters without raising many brows. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't already on a couple.

There's also the note that they could have just... Stopped doing the cross-dressing because that kind of joking is considered overly offensive now, but instead, they made the deliberate choice to reframe the action in a different context...

If you want to take a meta-viewpoint, Tiny Toon Adventures had an episode establishing that Bugs Bunny was decades-old(Over fifty at the time the episode was made, which was roughly 50 years from his first appearance in his finalized form) but was kept in the prime o his health and youth because, like a cartoon character, the laughter of his audience sustained him.

So looking at it from a metafictional perspective, one could argue that Bugs has literally been alive all this time but at the same time has been kept young enough that he's more able to change and grow than the average person of his actual age(he'd be pushing 80 by now) and Loony Tunes: Back In Action has someone explain to him that his cross-dressing bit wasn't funny anymore and was no kind of offensive.

So, if we look at him in the light of being a single continuous character instead of a series of adaptions, perhaps he thought about it and... Realized something about himself? There would have been eight years, and even for an eternally youthful cartoon, that's a long time.

...Or I'm just overthinking things.
    Yes, I did notice that Bugs Bunny was kissing male characters when I was a kid. I wouldn't be surprised if Bugs consider an LGBT character.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Yes, I did notice that Bugs Bunny was kissing male characters when I was a kid. I wouldn't be surprised if Bugs consider an LGBT character.
    Maybe Bugs Bunny is female. Why has nobody considered that option?

It's more disheartening that such things are considered notable then anything else. Yes representation is important, but there's a reason that my book doesn't have a line that says 'Jess is trans'. The best representation is when there's an X character and nobody mages a fuss, because that Identity is represented with respect and isn't commonly ignored in media.

Today I made bacon and paprika meatballs. Wish I'd had pork mine, but they've turned out great anyway.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2021-05-26 at 12:33 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Maybe Bugs Bunny is female. Why has nobody considered that option?

It's more disheartening that such things are considered notable than anything else. Yes, representation is important, but there's a reason that my book doesn't have a line that says 'Jess is trans'. The best representation is when there's an X character and nobody makes a fuss because that Identity is represented with respect and isn't commonly ignored in media.

Today I made bacon and paprika meatballs. Wish I'd had pork mine, but they've turned out great anyway.
    I never thought of that but it's doesn't matter to me if Bugs Bunny was male, female, or non-binary. I love Bugs Bunny.

Yum, how was your food?

18. - Top - End - #1428

In my sophomore year of high school, a classmate, assuming that I'd never seen Animaniacs,, described Pinky & The Brain as "if [I] were trying to take over the world with [classmate] as [my] sidekick."

This is the most flattering compliment I've ever received.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-05-26 at 03:23 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Titan in the Playground

This talk of Bugs Bunny reminds me of Candy from Les Zinzins de l'espace/Space Goofs.
    Spoiler: Candy
    Show

Now, to explain: Candy is male. His voice actor is a man, all the other aliens use male pronouns and adjectives when talking to aar about him. But Candy is also the only one shown doing any housechore (like cleaning up, doing the dishes, cooking, washing/ironing clothes, etc) and he regularly calls out the others on their lack of hygiene and tidiness. And about being slobs who watch the TV all day . Candy is also the most sensitive of the bunch, the most prone to breaking into tears when something goes wrong, he's also the most likely charcater to to try to mend relations between two others. Candy also like cute things, pink things and everything that's usually called "girly".

Ten-year-old me, and I was far from an isolated case, was convinced that Candy was a girl. And when I realized he was a boy, seriously confused.

It should also be noted that when they use their machine to disguise themselves as humans, Candy often (though not always) turns into a girl while the others prefer to turn into male humans (pretty sure they've all been girls at some point though).

In my fact most discussions about that character seems to be people arguing whether he's a girl or a boy and, in the last case whether he's gay or not.
    Forum Wisdom

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds like a straight man to me.

Okay, to be more serious, from your description I'd actually guess at female or genderqueer, based entirely on preferring to disguise themself as a girl. Sexuality uncertain, because not speaking French and only knowing it's generated because I know people who do, eh maybe there's some college work about how stereotypically gay people speak that I wouldn't pick up on.

But from what you've said arguing about their sexuality sounds weird, there's not the slightest hint to go on. For all I know these aliens are monogendered. Or have more than three biological sexes. Or are sequential hermaphrodites or any of the other weird and wonderful things nature has come up with just on this planet.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Anyway, my Youtube channel is getting bigger every day now. I got about 1,300+ subscribers and my supporters love my content. I'm so happy that I got real supporters who like my content.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

This talk of Bugs Bunny reminds me of Candy from Les Zinzins de l'espace/Space Goofs.
    Spoiler: Candy
    Show
    Hey, I never watched this show. But I played a videogame of it (Stupid Invaders, it's 20 years old) where their ship is finally repaired and Candy is impatient to get an apointment with the best specialist for sex-change surgery in the galaxy. (We never get to see it.)
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

So anyway I got Netflix once again and I'm watching new shows now. I'll watch everything on Netflix except the controversial movie that everyone hates.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    So anyway I got Netflix once again and I'm watching new shows now. I'll watch everything on Netflix except the controversial movie that everyone hates.
    Oh yeah, I've been meaning to watch that, thanks for the reminder.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Uh...you're welcome.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Sounds like a straight man to me.

Okay, to be more serious, from your description I'd actually guess at female or genderqueer, based entirely on preferring to disguise themself as a girl. Sexuality uncertain, because not speaking French and only knowing it's generated because I know people who do, eh maybe there's some college work about how stereotypically gay people speak that I wouldn't pick up on.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "generated" and "college works". As for the sexuality, I don't remember Candy showing interest in anyone (but I may be wrong, it has been a very long time since I've actually watched the show), so there's a good chance it's just the "girly" interests making people go "GAYYYYYYYY!" You know the kind.

But from what you've said arguing about their sexuality sounds weird, there's not the slightest hint to go on. For all I know these aliens are monogendered. Or have more than three biological sexes. Or are sequential hermaphrodites or any of the other weird and wonderful things nature has come up with just on this planet.
    It's not a hard sci-fi show though. More like a Looney Toons thing. As far as aliens go, they're more in the "humans with a weird shape and colour" category.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Hey, I never watched this show. But I played a videogame of it (Stupid Invaders, it's 20 years old) where their ship is finally repaired and Candy is impatient to get an apointment with the best specialist for sex-change surgery in the galaxy. (We never get to see it.)
    Huh. They went there. Huh. Not sure how I feel about that.
    Forum Wisdom

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

Wait wait wait.

Which one do you mean? The one that seemed controversial but was mostly misunderstood, the one which took a very controversial topic and made a farce out of it, or the one that seemed okay but was extremely controversial?

And have you seen the new controversial series...?
    Last edited by Lacco; 2021-05-27 at 01:59 AM.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lacco36 View Post
    Wait wait wait.

Which one do you mean? The one that seemed controversial but was mostly misunderstood, the one which took a very controversial topic and made a farce out of it, or the one that seemed okay but was extremely controversial?

And have you seen the new controversial series...?
    The one that seemed controversial, but was mostly misunderstood due to a garbage ad campaign.

Do not know the others you're referring to.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Troll in the Playground

The one that seemed controversial, but was mostly misunderstood due to a garbage ad campaign.

Do not know the others you're referring to.
    I don't know either, hoped someone would fill in the blanks
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lacco36 View Post
    I don't know either, hoped someone would fill in the blanks
    Darn, the one that seemed fine but was controversial had me curious.