New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: A Wild Lurker Appears! Hyoi's Random Banter #232

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Clearly, you secretly want to kill your father and have sex with your mother.
    Hey! Get your Freud out of here, he's scaring the Jung ones!
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I legitimately enjoy a lot of things that people think of as trash.

When Sonic Forces came out Inifite's theme was derided as edgelord trash... and to be fair, Infinite's backstory of "shadow beat me up so I did a suicide mission against Eggman only to join Eggman when he offered me power" is pure edgelord bullcrap, but I think the song is a decent enough song.

The only problem with it is that it's a bit too good for someone like Infinite.
    Lliterally everyone I know, including myself, felt that song was edgelord trash in the BEST WAY possible. Like, don't get me wrong; there are definitely people who looked at it and rolled their eyes, but those people dislike ALL sonic music because it's all like this. Me and everyone else I know loved the song for how wonderfully stupid it is.

And also agreed that "slightly pissed off wolf boy" is not even remotely worthy of said song.

3. - Top - End - #243

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Lliterally everyone I know, including myself, felt that song was edgelord trash in the BEST WAY possible. Like, don't get me wrong; there are definitely people who looked at it and rolled their eyes, but those people dislike ALL sonic music because it's all like this. Me and everyone else I know loved the song for how wonderfully stupid it is.

And also agreed that "slightly pissed off wolf boy" is not even remotely worthy of said song.
    I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be a jackal. f course who the hell can tell with sonic characters, they all look the godamned same.

I also like the song that Eminem did for the 2018 Venom movie's soundtrack.

Which is just the stupidest fricking.... It's not even about Venom, he's saying that his music is an infection that gets into you, makes you feel good, but also kind of corrupts you, that he's ruined your parents lives, that's he's a supervillain from the nineties, and then just flat out says that "Eddie Brock is you and I'm the suit." It's so stupid but it's so catchy.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #244

I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be a jackal. f course who the hell can tell with sonic characters, they all look the godamned same.

I also like the song that Eminem did for the 2018 Venom movie's soundtrack.

Which is just the stupidest fricking.... It's not even about Venom, he's saying that his music is an infection that gets into you, makes you feel good, but also kind of corrupts you, that he's ruined your parents lives, that's he's a supervillain from the nineties, and then just flat out says that "Eddie Brock is you and I'm the suit." It's so stupid but it's so catchy.
    I mean he didn't make it for the movie, it's just a song where he coincidentally refers to Venom. Like, I'm pretty sure on that.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2021-04-09 at 08:34 AM.

5. - Top - End - #245

I mean he didn't make it for the movie, it's just a song where he coincidentally refers to Venom. Like, I'm pretty sure on that.
    It was released prior to the movie, but it was written for the Movie's soundtrack(it plays during the credits) but was ultimately was not included when the soundtrack was released as an album. Which does make sense, it was released separately as both a single and part of an album and is tonally rather different from the rest of the score

The name of the song is literally "Venom (Music from the Motion Picture)" and the music video uses footage from the move

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #246

It was released prior to the movie, but it was written for the Movie's soundtrack(it plays during the credits) but was ultimately was not included when the soundtrack was released as an album. Which does make sense, it was released separately as both a single and part of an album and is tonally rather different from the rest of the score

The name of the song is literally "Venom (Music from the Motion Picture)" and the music video uses footage from the move
    Fair point, my engagement with this stuff has purely been the very very good movie.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Wait.

There's more than six Sonic games? I always thought that the break between Adventure 2 and Mania was a bit long.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

8. - Top - End - #248

Fair point, my engagement with this stuff has purely been the very very good movie.
    The really interesting thing is that when you strip away the minute of jibberish and the boasting, it's clear that Eminem has a decent enough understanding of how symbiotes work.

Yeah, bonding to one does make you feel good. It inherently ramps up all of your emotions to a degree, makes you stronger, faster, tougher, healthier... It also opens you up to being controlled or corrupted. An unscrupulous symbiote can rewrite your memories and screw with your body so that you'll die without a symbiote. Or think you will, at least.

(Of course, that's a two-way street. An incompatible, malevolent, or mentally ill host can corrupt the symbiote. Venom was initially a supervillain because Eddie's anger and depression and the symbiote's pain and confusion at being rejected by Spider-Man fed into each other and essentially drove them both insane.)

They also don't bond to any one part of you but get into every part of you, getting into your cells and hiding traces of themselves between the rungs of DNA in your nucleus and mitochondria, which is also alluded to. Once one's been in you, there's pieces of it in you forever.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Wait.

There's more than six Sonic games? I always thought that the break between Adventure 2 and Mania was a bit long.
    If it's any consolation, I remember only the one where you run right and collect rings.

I think it also contained a improbable flying squirrel and some red animal.

Didn't make much impression, most probably because my cousin also had Contra. Liked the squirrel though.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lacco36 View Post
    If it's any consolation, I remember only the one where you run right and collect rings.

I think it also contained a improbable flying squirrel and some red animal.

Didn't make much impression, most probably because my cousin also had Contra. Liked the squirrel though.
    To be fair, my first Sonic game was Sonic Advance, so I'm being silly. Second was Shadow the Hedgehog, which wasn't that terrible a game but not that great.

I do love Sonic games, but gah they're not made for people with my level of coordination. But I',m also that weirdo who never played a Mario game until his 20s. Somnic, however, is enjouyable whenever the controls are reduced to left/right/jump.

I also love playing as Mighty in Sonic Mania, just because of that hard shell.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

11. - Top - End - #251

A hard shell is always useful in an emergency or adventure.

Unless mobility is key and it slows you down or limits your agility. Then it might be a liability.

I like the H.R. Giger school of creature design. Not the subtle and not-so-subtle sexual imagery in the monsters, but the "elegant organic machines designed specifically for the purpose for which they're serving" look you see on say, a Xenomorph. And the shiny, sleek dark colors.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I did a good deed today. I help an elder woman pick up her shopping cart over the turn style at the subway station today. She thanked me and she told me that she was relying on strangers to help her all day today. It feels so good to help people during this difficult time.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Idle wondering. Does anyone know the reason why, in English, "e" is pronounced "i" and "i" is pronounced "a-i"?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

14. - Top - End - #254

Reddit thread: What are your cagey parenting tricks?

Responders: Some of it is okay, gen8ius even(using old workboots and fireplace soot to leave footprints from the fireplace to the Christmas tree and back to sell the "Santa Claus" story) but other examples are excessively manipulative(lying to your children about what their fortune cookie says so they don't question you) or are just flat out abusive(promising your children a brand new desert and then giving them empty bowls while telling them it's their fault for not looking up the name of the desert he told them in the dictionary)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Idle wondering. Does anyone know the reason why, in English, "e" is pronounced "i" and "i" is pronounced "a-i"?
    E isn't pronounced "i"

E is pronounced "ee"
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

16. - Top - End - #256

Tonight for dinner we made up some chunks of boneless chicken meat with chicken breading branded from one restaurant known for it's hot wings(among other things) and a garlic parmesan sauce branded from a separate restaurant specializing in hotwings.

I think using ingredients branded by two separate Hot Wing restaurants is some kind of sacrilege but it turned out okay.

For people who have never had garlic parmesan wings... In my experience the brand doesn't matter, the sauce is good, but it's always strong. Lot of garlic, lot of complimentary spices that go well with garlic.

I tell you, I ain't having sinus problems tonight.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

There are several pronunciations for both. Same for French, though your alternate pronunciations tend towards "silent".

ETA: Quick and dirty example, you pronounce "i" as "ah" in "moi".
    Tonight for dinner we made up some chunks of boneless chicken meat with chicken breading branded from one restaurant known for it's hot wings(among other things) and a garlic parmesan sauce branded from a separate restaurant specializing in hotwings.

I think using ingredients branded by two separate Hot Wing restaurants is some kind of sacrilege but it turned out okay.

For people who have never had garlic parmesan wings... In my experience the brand doesn't matter, the sauce is good, but it's always strong. Lot of garlic, lot of complimentary spices that go well with garlic.

I tell you, I ain't having sinus problems tonight.
    Garlic parmesan wings are best wings.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-04-10 at 08:19 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    There are several pronunciations for both.
    I think he meant the names of the letters.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

19. - Top - End - #259

Today I learned that Conecuh sausage is like a super-Alabama thing.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I just thought out from my doctor yesterday that I was diagnosed of Pokemonitis. So I'm a Pokemon who turns out to be a Gyarados.

21. - Top - End - #261

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I just thought out from my doctor yesterday that I was diagnosed of Pokemonitis. So I'm a Pokemon who turns out to be a Gyarados.
    Oh dear. I've heard of Pokemonitis. Very bad, terrible thing to have. Most cases are terminal.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Oh dear. I've heard of Pokemonitis. Very bad, terrible thing to have. Most cases are terminal.
    Yes. I'm not going to be human anymore and I'm going to transform into a Pokemon. But I don't think being a Pokemon isn't as terrible as you might think.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2021-04-11 at 12:48 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Yes. I'm not going to be human anymore and I'm going to transform into a Pokemon. But I don't think being a Pokemon isn't as terrible as you might think.
    No, you're thinking of Pokemonella. Common mistake. Pokemonitis does not turn you into a Pokemon. And that's what your doctor diagnosed you with.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-04-11 at 01:01 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

No, you're thinking of Pokemonella. Common mistake. Pokemonitis does not turn you into a Pokemon. And that's what your doctor diagnosed you with.
    Oh really? Now I'm sad.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    E isn't pronounced "i"

E is pronounced "ee"
    I wasn't clear. The way English speakers pronounce "e" is the way evry other language using this alphabet that I am aware of (and that includes german, so it's not a germanic/romance thing) pronounces the letter "i".
    There are several pronunciations for both. Same for French, though your alternate pronunciations tend towards "silent".

ETA: Quick and dirty example, you pronounce "i" as "ah" in "moi".
    I meant in isolation, as in "a, e, i, o, u" or "a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z".

I know that letters can change pronounciation dpending on the rest of the word (like in the diphtong you gave in example) or because of etymology, that's not what I meant.

So, it turns out you guys used to do like everybody else until you stopped and there's no consensus why.
    Forum Wisdom

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

I meant in isolation, as in "a, e, i, o, u" or "a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z".
    So... the names of the letters? Like I said earlier?
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    So... the names of the letters? Like I said earlier?
    If you want, yes.
    Forum Wisdom

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Long story short: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_...ance_languages

That's just how pronunciation drifted in this part of the world.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

29. - Top - End - #269

Is it weird that I find learning about ways the Earth could be destroyed and the science behind how that would work relaxing?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Been looking into lab tech jobs, and like with software testing it looks like the main thing I'm missing (besides 'is my degree in this lab's field) is experience as a lab tech.

I hate this kind of job.

Show