New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Does a fast/quick start/rules exist for Vampire: The Masquerade?

As the title.

I seem to remember this being a thin back when Vampire: The Masquerade, paperback and maybe 30 to 40 pages.

Is my memory just failing me or is this a real thing?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Does a fast/quick start/rules exist for Vampire: The Masquerade?

Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    As the title.

I seem to remember this being a thin back when Vampire: The Masquerade, paperback and maybe 30 to 40 pages.

Is my memory just failing me or is this a real thing?
    Something like...this?

Spoiler: image
    Show

Literally just googled "VtM quickstart" and got a bunch of hits...looks like 28 pages long. Cannot vouch for quality, as I didn't read through it.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    Something like...this?

Spoiler: image
    Show

Literally just googled "VtM quickstart" and got a bunch of hits...looks like 28 pages long. Cannot vouch for quality, as I didn't read through it.
    Yes... but no.

That is my fault as i didn't finish my sentence in my original post.

This is for the 1st (maybe 2nd, though leaning towards 1st) edition of Vampire: The masquerade.

My memory, as it is, tells me that it was like an introduction or maybe a 'hey this is brand new so this shortened rulebook is free' I think.

My google search prowess just kept turning up 5th edition stuff, but I am almost certain that this thing exists and in the top corner it had a little triangle that said
    FREE
    , other than being paperback as opposed to hardback, it had the same cover art and interior art as the actual rulebook itself. though, ya know, in a condensed state.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

I couldn't find a first or second edition quickstart, but the is a revised (3rd) edition quickstart here. There is also one for the 20th anniversary LARP (Minds Eye Theatre) here. Both are free for a digital version.
    Last edited by Poldon; 2021-04-04 at 03:50 PM. Reason: typos

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Yes... but no.

That is my fault as i didn't finish my sentence in my original post.

This is for the 1st (maybe 2nd, though leaning towards 1st) edition of Vampire: The masquerade.

My memory, as it is, tells me that it was like an introduction or maybe a 'hey this is brand new so this shortened rulebook is free' I think.

My google search prowess just kept turning up 5th edition stuff, but I am almost certain that this thing exists and in the top corner it had a little triangle that said , other than being paperback as opposed to hardback, it had the same cover art and interior art as the actual rulebook itself. though, ya know, in a condensed state.
    Oh man, good luck finding 1e/2e stuff. I found some old players' guides, but nothing under about 190 pages.